Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Personality Testing

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

thoughts:

Has Celinda had botox before? Her facial muscles don't more when she talks.

I love Denise! Such fun choreo.

After some more time, I feel like Brianna would just be a bombshell. She's not there yet. 

Savannah lets me down each episode. I love her visually and I want to love her just as much when she's dancing. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, sooooo ill said:

I love that first dance they learned. I wish they would show the whole damn thing

There's been videos posted in the Media thread, though caution for spoilers.  It's the one they do to Little Mix "Power"

Wow ok I didn't expect the hospital visit to make ME emotional. *sniffle* Onions I swear. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

There's been videos posted in the Media thread, though caution for spoilers.  It's the one they do to Little Mix "Power"

Wow ok I didn't expect the hospital visit to make ME emotional. *sniffle* Onions I swear. 

Ya me too. Kelli seems so at ease going up in there talking to the patients. Like putting them at ease

• Love 5
Spoiler

Gina has irritated me from the jump. Didn't like her TC pictures, didn't like her during finals, and now that I've seen a bit more of her "personality"; I'm over her. What a condescending, entitled, snob.  I'm from San Diego and my name is Gina, so I was hoping to like her, bur DAYUM, girl is sure pleased with herself. 

I just love Keyra; she is always so positive. 

• Love 16

I was so excited to see Denise back.  She is my all time favorite of all the guest choreographers they have ever had on the show.

The veteran visit had me in tears.

I hope this is the last time they show Kitty this season.  I am so sick of her.  She makes me want to change the channel.

• Love 1

Brianna must remind Kelli of Sam or something. Otherwise I do not understand why she's her favorite of TC. Yeah she's pretty but she struggled, couldn't dance the style and I thought her solo was kind of boring. And she was clearly overwhelmed most of the time. Her story about cooking her first meal was cute though. 

Also loved the hospital visit. I teared up, that's the kind of extra stuff I like.

Edited by beachespeaches
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Every episode, Keyra and Kalyssa grow on me. I think they'd be fantastic DCC.

Will you all judge me if I download that Get Ugly song lol?

Finally, I find Kelli to be so damn gorgeous. 

Oh, Kalyssa. I wasn't sure about her but she's just lovely and a great dancer. Such a solid addition to the team, and congrats to her for making Show Group! She has such Pop. Keyra is fab too, and I was questioning why she didn't make Show Group until they talked about her kicks. Plenty of rookies made it this year tho, and she'll get it next year if she's interested. 

Speaking of which, dear God when does Lauren sleep?? And refine those abs?? Her schedule must just be so tightly organized. Do show group members normally also have careers? I feel like that's the exception, not the rule for sure. 

All around, I thought this was an excellent episode, maybe one of the best. Loved that we got to see so much of Neice's dance (tho I would have loved more!!) and I cried at the VA visit. Other people crying gets me, especially when it's heartfelt. I loved Kelly with the vets, and the girls, and Tim McGraw's "Humble and Kind" was an excellent use of song. 

Show group auditions were interesting too, and I liked the choices they made. And good for Milan! Glad they added her 4.0 bit and I thought she looked pretty tonight too. 

Gina...I didn't get a good vibe from her and I extra don't like her now. That focus on her didn't do her any favors. 

Love Kitty! Great feedback and she's all "yeah I'm overweight." ?? Love Selina's positive attitude and it seems like she's got a great work ethic too. She's also a career girl, right? 

And in summary...I cried twice tonight. Brianna wasn't ready for this team, but she just seemed so sweet and I love how they nurtured both her and her talent. I hope she does wonderful things the next few years and comes back to Dallas eventually. I don't think we'll ever see her again either, Judy! She'll dance in her style, go to college, and live her life. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, mmm said:

Another insane episode title lol  

56 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

thoughts:

Has Celinda had botox before? Her facial muscles don't more when she talks.

I love Denise! Such fun choreo.

After some more time, I feel like Brianna would just be a bombshell. She's not there yet. 

Savannah lets me down each episode. I love her visually and I want to love her just as much when she's dancing. 

I want to see the rest of Denise"s dance! So far, she has been my favorite guest choreo.  I also want the rest of Brennan's solo...

• Love 4

I got emotional when they went to the VA as well.  It's nice that they do that. Loved what Kelli said about how wins and SB are important but this is also what the organization is about.  We have a bowl here in my city and they always show the college players visiting the sick kids at the children's hospital. 

So pretty much if you make show group then you know you're gonna stick around for the season? 

Que lastima, Brianna is gone. ?? Damn, even Kelli and Judy were  verklempt.  I do hope she tries again in a few years. 

I've said it before that Kitty is harsh but I liked her as well today for saying that they're all a team and they want every girl to succeed. 

• Love 2

Loved that they kept the part with Milan in; K&J looked genuinely happy for her and her 4.0. I wasn't really sold on her last year but I think she's improved a lot. 

Stephanie is getting so much airtime this year; I don't think I've ever heard her voice and she's been featured a few times already. She seems really sweet. 

Another jab at Gina...she said "Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader" (but in her mind, she probably thinks she's the only one they need). 

Edited by Spooky
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Every episode, Keyra and Kalyssa grow on me. I think they'd be fantastic DCC.

Will you all judge me if I download that Get Ugly song lol?

Finally, I find Kelli to be so damn gorgeous. 

I admit, I've played it a couple dozen times on youtube...

• Love 2

Were they expecting Selena to drop five pounds in a week? I may be getting my weeks mixed up, but it just seemed like very little time had passed between the last talk and this one. 

Keyra should have made show group. She's the best rookie there. 

Happy that Kashara and Stephanie made show group. I thought Kashara popped in the hip hop dance, as did Jenna. I just love her dancing. She's such a fun performer to me. On the other hand, I thought Maggie was unimpressive in the clips that I saw, which was surprising to me. I

Glad to see Yuko get called out. She's a weak dancer. 

Savannah looks awkward. I don't know how she keeps avoiding the office. 

I like Brianna, but it was definitely her time to go. I honestly would be surprised to see her back. I think she is better suited for other types of dance. It's time for Celinda to go to. She seems nice, but she's just dull. 

Gina came off poorly tonight IMO. She just seems vapid and self-absorbed. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Were they expecting Selena to drop five pounds in a week? I may be getting my weeks mixed up, but it just seemed like very little time had passed between the last talk and this one. 

Keyra should have made show group. She's the best rookie there. 

Happy that Kashara and Stephanie made show group. I thought Kashara popped in the hip hop dance, as did Jenna. I just love her dancing. She's such a fun performer to me. On the other hand, I thought Maggie was unimpressive in the clips that I saw, which was surprising to me. I

Glad to see Yuko get called out. She's a weak dancer. 

Savannah looks awkward. I don't know how she keeps avoiding the office. 

I like Brianna, but it was definitely her time to go. I honestly would be surprised to see her back. I think she is better suited for other types of dance. It's time for Celinda to go to. She seems nice, but she's just dull. 

Gina came off poorly tonight IMO. She just seems vapid and self-absorbed. 

1. Obviously..Smh. maybe I hadn't been paying attention to her but it definitely seemed like she randomly got thickening the midsection

2. She really is. I wonder why she didn't make it

• Love 4

I want Brianna to go live a fabulous life. Poor child has been roasted on social media, but she really tried hard and was always polite. But it was like watching a kitten at a tiger sanctuary when she danced. We already have Yuko, we don't need another bland dancer.

Would have loved to see more of show group auditions. How did Tasha make it? 

That veteran's hospital visit had me sniffling. Must be allergy season or dusty in here...

Shallow notes, Kelsey is gorgeous. Brennan needs spray tan or something. She's too pale with that blond hair. 

Kalyssa is growing on me. I had no idea that would ever be possible.

• Love 5

I think Kalyssa is dynamite but she would look way hot with platinum blond instead of the strawberry blond. You know a "Dallas blond" like Kell says. To me she looks a bit plain jane with that hair color. Her dancing isnt plain but platinum would make her eyes pop I think 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

I want Brianna to go live a fabulous life. Poor child has been roasted on social media, but she really tried hard and was always polite. But it was like watching a kitten at a tiger sanctuary when she danced. We already have Yuko, we don't need another bland dancer.

Would have loved to see more of show group auditions. How did Tasha make it? 

That veteran's hospital visit had me sniffling. Must be allergy season or dusty in here...

Shallow notes, Kelsey is gorgeous. Brennan needs spray tan or something. She's too pale with that blond hair. 

Kalyssa is growing on me. I had no idea that would ever be possible.

My guess is Brianna will be more than fine. She is from Medford -- the type of life she likely grew up is the sort of thing lots of the other girls are striving and clawing for.  She will go home, everyone will lol about she spent that summer at cheerleader camp, and it will be fine. Medford is not a place where being a DCC is goal, trust me. I still think this whole thing was a joke that just went off the rails.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Dccfan126 said:

For the love of god, there is no job outside of missionary where your boss can quote a bible verse.

This show is a living breathing law suit.

Oh honey they in Dallas Texas the most Christian city in all of America according to Charisma magazine. I love it when people quote scripture. Especially on secular tv. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Brianna is such...a baby...and I don't mean that in an insulting way but my god...Girl needs to go to a club and get a little wild. 
*sobs like someone died* "I learned how to cook broccoli!" ...Wut?

agree. I think she needs life experience - I wonder if she spent too much time dancing and learning her craft and not enough being a regular teenager.  She needs a gap year or two - not only to work on her dancing but work on being a well rounded young lady, outside of the dance studio. Has she worked a part-time job - that has nothing to do with pretty or dancing (ie McDs) ? Taken a college course?

Her "cooking" response came off as odd - for a minute I did wonder is there another underlying issue that we don't know about. Not trying to be mean , b/c of her age, something just didn't seem to register, from a logical conversational aspect - from dancing to cooking? Shrugging shoulders ?? hmmm

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, sooooo ill said:

Oh honey they in Dallas Texas the most Christian city in all of America according to Charisma magazine. I love it when people quote scripture. Especially on secular tv. 

It is almost as if CMT is playing them -- is see that and it is so clear it is not ok.

I am sure they think it is ok but it totally shows how small town they are.

• Love 4

I am one of those people well aware of the fact that prayer in the workplace is discriminatory and offensive. And in a real place, they could face legal action for that.

If you are world class, you are actually world class. Inclusive. Worldly. Not just "Texas Christian"

Imagine being Jewish or Muslim or anything but evangelical Christian and that happening. it wouldn't happen on many teams, and the fact they think it is NBD is telling.

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, ElenaFR said:

So Selena gets called out for weight and yet Stephanie looks about the same to me. Just my random observation.

Also Tasha.

and is Erica in witness protection? What the hell?

Also, Keyra. There is one reason Keyra is not in show group. Or three. Jenna, Crysten, and Robin.

• Love 8

Damn Kitty .. you just slayed with the potential cuts and critiques during that rehearsal.  She defiantly got K&J down to  the magic 36.

" You look thick...you look odd.. she looks tired.. you're too immature...you were boring.." . Made the poor girl stand on one leg - that you knew would be a struggle.

Then she talks about being part of a "sisterhood" ? If she treats a sister or a potential sister that way, I wouldn't want to be an enemy . I wonder what was Kitty like during the HS years - the girl who lead playground ass beatings?

• Love 6

It's funny because what Kitty did tonight -- that is #coattails, Shelby. Someone clinging to old washed out past for their livelihood.

it shouldn't be lost on anyone that Selina with the "weight problem" is one of the few people on that squad workings 40 hour job. I know they claim they all work full time or are full time stud etsstudents but that isn't true. Most work way under 40 hours or are in school part time.

Just now, HowdeeDo said:

??

The Uo thread spells it out

1 minute ago, MelTexGirl said:

Is there a reason that Brianna's picture has a guide on how to pronounce her name? Others didn't have it. 

image.jpeg

Probably just as reference? It can be pronounced different ways..Bree on uh, Bree Ann uh 

• Love 2

if someone finds the dress Kelli and Judy wore to the VA hospital, let us know. They really have upped their wardrobe this year. I just may have to be a copy-cat even if its a different color.

40 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I am one of those people well aware of the fact that prayer in the workplace is discriminatory and offensive. And in a real place, they could face legal action for that.

If you are world class, you are actually world class. Inclusive. Worldly. Not just "Texas Christian"

Imagine being Jewish or Muslim or anything but evangelical Christian and that happening. it wouldn't happen on many teams, and the fact they think it is NBD is telling.

Yeah, it should be avoided - there were plenty of ways for Kelli to convey the sentiment of that scripture w/o actually quoting it.    I think them asking Dayton if she voted during interviews was way out line too. 

• Love 4

Overall, this episode was pretty good,  I didn't feel as manipulated by the editing as I normally do.  There is hope for this show yet.

Yep.  I said that Keyra was going to KILL  show group auditions.  She clearly is the best at DCC style in her class, hands down.  If Kitty says you killed it, you killed it.  With three of black girls on show group (who are definitely in the top 8 dancers on the team), I feel like Keyra and Khalyn didn't make show group because they didn't want 5 out of the 16 girls to be black,  Rewatch the episode, if you come up with an alternate, plausible theory, please enlighten me.

• Love 18

I kinda wish they all wore the same uniform during show group auditions. I think they super-nitpick on the TCC and be extra hard on the veterans. Does Neal ever say "no" to anyone? he makes it sound all of the cheerleaders are "hot" . Did Judy announce 16 names?

Never would have put Kashara, Tasha or Stephanie in show group - Kyra seemed much stronger.  Maybe the lack of dance knowledge of the judging panel had something to do w/ these selections? - or perhaps some total number of rookies that are allowed to be in show group limit?    What's the most rookies they've ever had on SG?

How on earth is Lauren going to handle double shifts at her nursing job, DCC, and showgroup?  I seriously wonder if she is on speed or something - her bulging eyes support my theory as well ;).

I really noticed the weight on Selina - when she was sitting in the office she looked really heavy and soft.  Not even close to DCC fit.   I agree w/ Kitty that she should have been first to go.  How can she possibly lose that much in time in a healthy way?   Way bigger than those girls they didn't allow to take cameos that one year.   I noticed the weight on Stephanie too, but she seems to be tall enough that she can still "carry it" while losing it in a healthy way - if that makes sense.

Kashara looked pretty soft and thick in the waist in this episode as well 

Celinda is really pretty.  Not really seeing what's wrong w/ her dancing, but they sure got enough footage of multiple people having the same opinion, so it must be so....

18 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Overall, this episode was pretty good,  I didn't feel as manipulated by the editing as I normally do.  There is hope for this show yet.

Yep.  I said that Keyra was going to KILL  show group auditions.  She clearly is the best at DCC style in her class, hands down.  If Kitty says you killed it, you killed it.  With three of black girls on show group (who are definitely in the top 8 dancers on the team), I feel like Keyra and Khalyn didn't make show group because they didn't want 5 out of the 16 girls to be black,  Rewatch the episode, if you come up with an alternate, plausible theory, please enlighten me.

Who are the 3 black girls on SG?  Robin and who else?

Edited by MyFavShows