Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Game Face: Mutants Wear Makeup Too

I was hoping Niko would win as soon as I saw the four competitors and I was shocked when they eliminated him first.   I have no recollection of Heather at all.  In that dress she was wearing, she looked like a Little Bo Peep who had gained about 80 pounds.  

What on earth is MacKenzie doing with her hair?  She seems to be trying out various new and weird styles none of which have been attractive or flattering.  She looks great when she just looks like herself.

I think I got a quick glimpse of Cig in the preview for next week.  I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, mlp said:

What on earth is MacKenzie doing with her hair?  She seems to be trying out various new and weird styles none of which have been attractive or flattering.  She looks great when she just looks like herself.

13 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

So was McKenzie wearing a facehugger on the back of her head in honor of the round one alien challenge?  

Her hair is so distracting that I think I stared at her head more than the models. Who is making these hair choices? Tonight's hairpiece wasn't even the same color as her hair.

• Love 8

Niko....I smiled when they said you had just married your partner and that you had you own business.  Why did you go and ruin it by saying if you won, you'd use the money to buy makeup for kids to learn with in Puerto Rico. You're now a husband and a grown up and planning for your family future and to keep your business afloat  should be your priority.

Mel I remembered.  Her broad smile and short hair cut and easygoing talking heads.

Heather....I don't remember at all.  Could be different hair style and a changed wardrobe style, but at least she came across as easy to work with. 

Other guy....so he was Mel's teacher....still don't remember him.  

Have they changed McKenzie's style so that no one would guess what year this was filmed?  

Strangely, I liked the challenges last night and I liked most of the results.  And for the first time, I agreed with the judges.  

I think that I don't appreciate demons and their ilk so I really don't understand how they are judged.  One demon pretty much looks like every other demon.  When there are no demonic challenges, I do like the show better.  

• Love 2

It looked to me that Mackenzie was cosplaying Barbie.

I thought the X-Men hybrid was a particularly clever idea for a challenge, and I enjoyed hearing how the contestants worked out their concepts. I also liked how the selection was made, with the polyhedral dice. I'm not that fond of the "race to snatch your preferred inspiration" maneuver. I'd like to see the challenge used in the Face Off mothership show.

• Love 1

The student/teacher battle managed to make me care about the episode more than any has so far. The playful banter between Mel and her teacher also made it amusing, though obviously not enough to help me remember all their names.  And WikiPedia doesn't have an entry for Game Face yet, so I can't use it as a reference like I do regular Face Off.

However, I really feel like the guy's final make-up was better and fit the challenge better. Otherwise, I agree with the order of the eliminations. Heather's first alien was gorgeous. Loved the random roll of the dice to generate a mutant spawn parentage, even if it did sort of screw Heather over with two bland humans. She should have fabricated some pixie wings. Also, it was heartbreaking to hear Niko talk about Puerto Rico while hurricane Maria devastates the island. My prayers go out to them.

• Love 4

Mel won? Seriously? I felt  in every round there were people who did better than she did.

I was hoping for a Niko win (& really, in spite of the comment above, I think he should be able to decide what he wants to do with his winnings. Seems to me helping kids is a nice choice.) Anyhoo...when he got booted I knew Mel would win. When she didn't get sent  home after that awful nose prosthetic, I knew she was the "chosen one".

I feel in the final round between Drew & Mel, Drew's makeup fit the challenge better.

Love how the judges nitpick to themselves about the artists' choices, then when they face the contestants they totally flip it. What up judges...or editors?

Its no fun to be able to tell who the judges faves are & see them when when other do better work. I don't know, Game Face. Not sure about t his one at all.....but most likely I'll give it another shot next week.

(Wonder what McKenzie will look like next episode??! Yikes!)

• Love 4
On 9/22/2017 at 11:08 AM, diebartdie said:

I enjoyed this episode which I didnt think I would because I remember Mel and the first time around she was a mess. I remembered all the contestants this episode. Drew was in the final three with Cig and Dina (Season 7).

You remember all of them?  Can you please tell me whatever you remember about Heather that might help me remember her? I would think I would remember her voice, but I have no recollection of her at all.

I remembered Heather because she presents a stereotypical wholesomeness. I remember Mel because she was such a hot mess her first time on FO. Nico has been on twice now, he is one of the people they regularly show close caption for yet Ive never needed it to understand him. The second time he was on, he was with his GF, he keeps growing as an artist. Drew was a third place finisher, one of his make ups was very bold in that it was a snake based challenge but he eschewed a full prosthetic and instead went with smaller, discrete face appliances.

• Love 1