Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E01: Premiere

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, vdw84 said:

For I  me I dont particularly think of Jordan as cocky but just very confident which a great quality to have but u know how viewers do on this show but I think they attack women more for that than the men because poor normani was called a stuckup and cocky last season from some viewers and that girl was one of the nicest contestants to ever enter the stage on dwts but because she was confident and exude sex appeal, she  was labeled cocky but never once came across that way atleast not to me. So with that said jordan may get a pass because he is a dude but I bet anything someone like Nikki want. She seems confident in and sexy, some viewers esp women viewers may label her cocky and stuckup.

I found Jordan slightly annoying in his package tbh. But not because he came across as cocky or anything, IMO he came across as a rather typical way overeager theater kid. Anne Hathaway was murdered by the media for that sort of behaviour.  But it's no big deal for a man. It's no big deal for me either, I'll just know to focus on his awesome dancing and fast forward through everything  else from now on LOL. I thought his tango was fabulous (so difficult to get right in the first week!), but I wish Lindsay had chosen different costumes. But then, I often wish that with her.

Rewatching the dances, what you also saw is that Jordan is a professional performer while Lindsey is a professional musician who performs as part of her show act IMO. And that she usually has her violin as a defense shield when she's on stage. She was great, but there are moments when she visibly concentrates on the steps, then she remembers to perform towards the audience etc. She also has a tendency to throw her limbs around a bit, at least it looks like that. So in the context of the show she's a ringer, but IMO you saw that she's not a professional dancer. Rather someone who has had training for her shows and videos. Jordan was super smooth in comparison. Seamless.

As for Victoria and Val: I don't think the problem will be with those two at all. Victoria seems to know herself and what she can and can't do. Val is a good teacher and he'll push her as far as she can handle. If there's danger that she could injure herself or jeopardize her recovery, I trust the two of them to handle this responsibly. So of course she won't be as good as the ringers. It's also okay if they score her in the context of her abilities, because they score everybody else in these vague terms as well. Where it might get dicey is if the scores get disproportionally high compared to the others (which IMO happened with Noah to some degree) and if they try to reduce her to a sob story. Which...might happen, since neither the judges nor the show are known for their subtlety and good judgement. That would be a shame since Victoria seems cool and certainly doesn't deserve that kind of patronizing nonsense.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, katha said:

It's also okay if they score her in the context of her abilities, because they score everybody else in these vague terms as well. Where it might get dicey is if the scores get disproportionally high compared to the others (which IMO happened with Noah to some degree) and if they try to reduce her to a sob story. Which...might happen, since neither the judges nor the show are known for their subtlety and good judgement. That would be a shame since Victoria seems cool and certainly doesn't deserve that kind of patronizing nonsense.

But that is not okay with me.  Either score her like everyone else, or don't put her on the show.  The overscoring because of disabilities happened with Nyle, Noah and Amy.

I also have a question about Victoria.  I have read a little about her background, so she says she can't feel anything in her legs. What if Val kicks her in the shins by accident or stomps on her foot?  She really feels nothing?

Edited by smiley13
  • Love 6

Caught up with dwts.  After last season, I think I'll give this cast about a month before becoming invested.  They were so positive about Lindsey.  She looked robotic to me.  If she's tied for the best, I need to give them time.  Are there any female ringers this season?  I know people like to see the growth arc.  I do too but I need for them to have some talent.  Right now it's just Jordan and I'm thinking the dwts viewers will not have him as one of their favorites. 

Edited by crossover
13 hours ago, spanana said:

I laughed at Debbie claiming hits in the 90's (I don't think she did?) but she did technically have multiple hits in the 80's.  Including the one she danced to last night.  Shake Your Love was not her only hit by any means. She had a bunch of songs chart.

It depends on how you define a hit. Top 20? Top 40? Hot 100? If you're willing to be a bit more generous, then yes, she had some songs that charted in the 90s:

• Without You (1990) - #26 in the Netherlands
  • Anything Is Possible (1990) - #17 in Canada, #26 in USA
  • One Step Ahead (1991) - #18 on US dance chart
  • In His Mind (1992) - #90 in Ireland
  • Losin' Myself (1993) - #46 on US dance chart, #49 on US adult contemporary chart
  • You're the One That I Want (1993) - #13 in the UK, #24 in Ireland
  • Only Words (1997) - #37 on US dance chart

Her major success was 1987-1989, but I'm willing to give her that even without the above "hits" (most of which I don't recall/recognize) her last few hits that came out in 1989 were still being played a lot in 1990.

Part of me wants her to last pretty far this season and keep using her own songs for her dances every week, just because I loathe the shitty covers we get of other songs from the DWTS singers. I don't know which songs could be used for what kinds of dance styles, but we are still left with the following big hits that most people will remember:

• Only in My Dreams - #4 in USA
  • Shake Your Love - #4 in USA
  • Out of the Blue - #3 in USA
  • Foolish Beat - #1 in USA
  • Electric Youth - #3 on US dance chart, #11 in USA
  • No More Rhyme - #13 on US adult contemporary chart, #17 in USA
Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
16 hours ago, vdw84 said:

I don't care either way but I thought it was dirty how they kicked Brittany to the curb for Jenna to comeback.

They've been jerking Brittany around for many seasons now and at least Jenna is ballroom trained and has been on the show for awhile, working alongside and helping Mandy Moore. To me the worse was when Brittany was booted in favor of Hayley who wasn't ballroom trained and who didn't even bother to do the tour and then mid-season they decided to bring Brittany back. Brittany is clearly an after thought to the producers. Doesn't matter because I find the entire troupe insignificant and rarely pay attention to anything they're doing. 

And even if Witney was joking, I thought her "don't call me Carlton" comment was a little rude. Girl, please sit down. Alfonso being primarily known as Carlton (and embracing it), and his fan base is a huge part of why she won a mirror ball. 

Witney often bugs me, particularly since she's dumber than dirt (not surprised she made that comment about Frankie being her dad's age because I guarantee that Witney can't do Math) but that Carlton comment was the first time I have loved her in awhile. Yes, Alfonso and his being known as Carlton contributed to their win but that's what makes her reveal even funnier because the character he grew to hate for feeling like it pigeonholed him and made his career stall, is a big reason he won this show and has since never gone away. And really it was no secret that Alfonso almost resented that people essentially knew him as Carlton and his career never moved beyond that. So I think it was wise of Witney to ask Frankie if he was okay with her referencing the Agent Cody Banks movie. Especially since I'm sure Frankie gets more Malcolm in the Middle references than Cody Banks. 

So my waning interest in this show continues. My television was on and I remember seeing dances but can't tell you much about most of them. Jordan was great but my quota for techno inspired Tangos on this show reached its peak like five damn seasons ago. Vanessa is good and has potential to really go far. Let's see if Maks' choreography will actually be up to standard. Nick was stiff and Peta was back to her over-dancing, too aggressive self. Lindsey was really good. A bit too eager at times but pretty good and I really did miss Mark. Even if his hair really, really bugs me. Frankie was sweet. Everyone else - didn't see it, didn't care or don't remember it. I do think it was interesting that reading around online after the premiere, much of the talk in terms of the heartfelt favorite/underdog was about Frankie and not Victoria. In fact, I don't remember reading much about Victoria at all. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

I think they're probably promised to go very far in the competition. Except Maks when he returned for Season 18 and was clearly promised the mirrorball he wanted so bad, thus all the over the top crap and pimping we had to endure with him and Meryl.

I don't think it was much of an issue in the old days since I think the only married pros were Tony, Edyta and Anna, who I don't think were sleeping with any of their partners (though if I was Edyta I would have been all over Jason Taylor). Now that so many pros are married or involved in relationships I think they're moving away from the pros showmancing their partners and focusing more on the pro relationships, especially the ones where both people are on the show. If I'm not mistaken, I think Sharna and maybe Alan are the only single pros they have now? Personally, I wish they'd knock it off but that could be because I don't buy the Maks/Peta relationship, I can't stand the over the top crap coming from Val and Jenna, and I don't like Emma with Sasha (how she didn't dump him for Rashad I'll never know LOL!).

All jokes aside, its something very creepy about emma relationship with Rashad. Not only did I think it was times during their season, that Emma acted extremely inappropriate and she is suppose to be engaged and her fiance is right there but I noticed at the GMA announcements that they were very touchy feely to the point I noticed some of the other pros looking at them awkward. I notice she isnt doing all that flirting and inappropriate mess with Drew but she did with Rashad and even after the season it was clear as day she was attached to Rashad like glue.

I heard Rashad was into normani but I guess nothing happen there.

Not buying the Peta and Maks love either. I think he was ready for the picket fence life with wife and kids and peta was next best thing to make happen on a timely matter. Im not saying he may not love her but I don't think he is deeply inlove with her as people want to assume or they want to make people assume.

Jenna and Val is even worse. They felt realer when they were hiding their relationship back in the day than what they r doing now. They both look pathetic and attention seekers to the fullest and for one I hate she is coming back on dwts. She already ruined sytycd this season for me with her camera hogging and fake crying self and now she will be on dwts ruining it for me too.

• Love 6

I have never seen anything creepy between Emma/Rashad whatsoever. They were close friends, but I never got a whiff of even the tiniest hint of romantic intentions or even a ton of real life attraction. Are we assuming that men and women can't be in close contact and also be just friends?  Also Emma appears so over the top in love with Sasha and vice versa.  I see nothing creepy or fake about that situation.

While I don't like Jenna, it's not her fault that the show continues to jerk Brittany Cherry around.  The show has fired her and brought her back at least 3 times already and every new female troupe member is held in higher regard.  Even new Britt was brought back this season over Brittany Cherry.  That said, I would be happy if Jenna stayed on SYTYCD forever.  Not only is she better suited to that show talent wise, she gets far more attention over there. We will be lucky if her head fits back through the DWTS doors with the way Nigel and co. blow her up as the most talented dancer in the universe. I expect she will spend most of her DWTS season attached to Val's backside and attending all of Victoria's rehearsals.  You'll note that whoever Val's partner is usually becomes her new BFF for the season.

As for Victoria and judging, it goes both ways. Yes, judges for the most generally judge you against yourself. You can't expect an 80 year old to dance the same way a 20 year old would of course. But there is a difference between judging you against yourself and patronizing a person and judging them based on things that aren't actually happening. You can judge Victoria against herself, but don't try to sell me that she's an amazing dancer doing the same things that Jordan is doing. You can acknowledge her improvement and give her increased scores but just be honest about her abilities without being condescending.  Though I recognize this is all very premature as we are one dance in and the judges weren't too over the top this week.  I've just seen how this goes with other celebs.

• Love 3
On 9/19/2017 at 0:57 PM, Fliz said:

I hope Debbie Gibson stays around long enough to dance to "Electric Youth."

Please let her recreate the hilariously awful video for that song. Did anyone else have Electric Youth perfume in the 80s? I loved that shit in 4th grade, but I have imagine it probably stank. 

I'm not too sure about her longevity for this show, it seems like her illness is a severe case and she's already painfully frail looking. This show is a lot of work and stress on the body, so maybe not a great thing for her health. 

I don't think Julianne is sitting out - I think she was let go, at least until they want to coax Derek back.  I know they kept her another season after he left, but I still think it (hiring Julz) is on the very long list of "asks" that I think Derek commands when he deigns to grace us with his presence every so often...  Four is too many judges and she didn't add much - I've come to like the originals, Carrie Ann's screeching on Monday aside.

Whatever the story, I'm glad she's gone and it's back to the original 3. Her critiques always came off as play acting to me, like the little kid emulating the words and emotions they see from their parents (in this case, the original judges). I actually quite like her dancing, but as a judge, no thanks. Plus the time-saving factor, which always seems to be an issue with this show (though they tend to start the show acting as if they have 10 hours to fill and then speed through the last half hour like their asses are on fire, so if they would even that out, they'd be fine). 

And I think Artem actually dyed his hair gray, not blond! I'm so out of touch - it just looks freaky to me, with the dark beard, but he's not the only one-- clinging to the last vestiges of his youth?

It looks awful. As awful as it did on Justin Timberlake back in the late 90s. He was usually one of the hottest male pros to me, despite not actually finding his face that attractive, just something about him, but that hair is killing that vibe. 

Its so weird because on Shark Tank she acts so sophisticated, poised and intelligent with just the right amount of sass. I wonder do she really want what robert had and that is an instant attraction to his partner and they fell madly in love but Barbara can forget that happening with Keo because that is not going happen. She is coming off extremely cougarish and nasty.

That was my first thought when I saw her name on the list, is she hoping to follow in Robert's footsteps and leave with a new husband? God knows she isn't doing it for the paycheck. Clearly not going to happen and she needs to dial down the antics. 

I actually think this could end up hurting her brand if she continues to act like a horny lunatic. And the faces she was pulling during the dance made it look like she was having a medical emergency or something.

And isn't poor Keo the same pro that got stuck with nutbag Charo in a recent season? Jeez, give the guy a break on the wacky older ladies. 

Witney's comments didn't bother me because I thought it was obvious she was kidding.  Even with the don't call me Carlton bit...which yes, while Alfonso still capitalizes off of Carlton, I'm pretty sure it is a pet peeve of his when people call him Carlton by name. That is a common thing with any actor who is so closely associated with one role and has been for decades. It can be see it as a blessing and curse, and one part of it is often people don't give a shit about them as people and will just see them as a character and will address them as such.  I know it probably sounds silly to some but it is a very common thing and I'm sure at some point Alfonso must have expressed this to Witney, which is probably why she brought it up.

I do think that legitimately bothered him for a really long time, but he's more or less made peace with it at this point, probably through getting older and maybe letting go of the dream that he's going to be a breakout star in different types of roles. 

I saw Will Smith on a talk show once where he said that while choosing his name for Fresh Prince, it was Alfonso who said "choose something that you don't mind being called for the rest of your life" and indeed, Alfonso did end up being "Carlton" forever.  

Of the two ringer-y folks, I like Jordan much better and I don't know why.  As a few others have said, I think his biggest issue is going to be not appearing cocky.  Which I don't get the impression Jordan is cocky.  He seems very well liked by his fellow peers and such. But he is extremely confident and I don't think he's likely going to play the "aw shucks" card and downplay his abilities for votes.  So it's whether people read his confidence as cockiness.

Jordan was fascinating to me because I typically can't stand people who are super "on" and theater types, but I really liked him. There's something genuine in his energy and with his Broadway background, he's got an edge on some of the others because he knows how to involve his whole self in the performance (face included), which is something some of the non-performers always struggle. 

I've always been a sporadic watcher of this show, so I've missed many seasons, but I could have sworn a few of these people had already done the show. Specifically Debbie and Vanessa, I really thought they'd already done it and was wondering why they were back. 

• Love 2

I happened on this photo of Peta Monday night and everything is wrong with her "style" imo: the bun on top of her head with the rest of her hair straggling below; the matching too-dark neck and waist "belts"; the weird shaped cut-out of her bosom area (with bracing straps); the stupid way-too-short fringe; and worst of all, the 1890s bootees that come up higher than her ankles, in black, so they are the main thing that catch your eye when you have an unfortunate gander. Lord, Peta, do something!! (like hand over control to the experts behind the scenes - I'm only assuming that some of that crap is her idea because I can't imagine anybody having a job in dressing these pros who'd come up with something that awful - I've seen her in that hideous shoe-style in the past)

Edited by Morrigan
  • Love 4

I was thinking pretty much the same thing about Peta's outfit.  It's anti-sexy,  I appreciate that she wants to prove that she's regained her body after Mummying, but everything about that looks wrong.  When looking at her midriff after the dance, I kept thinking that I'd never really seen anyone's body silhouette contrast with their clothing silhouette so strangely.  She just looks so harsh.

Edited by crowceilidh
  • Love 3

The most hilarious thing about that Nick/Peta picture is the little "51 days 'til 98• December '17" in the corner!

10 hours ago, vdw84 said:

Not buying the Peta and Maks love either. I think he was ready for the picket fence life with wife and kids and peta was next best thing to make happen on a timely matter. Im not saying he may not love her but I don't think he is deeply inlove with her as people want to assume or they want to make people assume.

My friend's theory (in general, not specifically about Maks) is that people marry the person they're already with when they decide they're ready to get married/have kids/settle down (as opposed to realizing they're ready to get married and then finding the right person to do these things with).

• Love 2
On 9/18/2017 at 7:34 PM, Litnit said:

Barbara needs to be spoken to. The objectification was gross. Did Whitney say Frankie is her Dad's age? I think she might be off by a decade?

Best premiere I have seen in awhile!

no whitney said she was happy she finally go someone her own age

On 9/18/2017 at 10:34 PM, Litnit said:

Barbara needs to be spoken to. The objectification was gross. Did Whitney say Frankie is her Dad's age? I think she might be off by a decade?

Best premiere I have seen in awhile!

I don't recall hearing Witney say that but......Witney is 23 (born 1993) and Frankie is 31 (born 1985). If Witney did say Frankie is her Dad's age, something is way off with that statement.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, luvthepros said:

I don't recall hearing Witney say that but......Witney is 23 (born 1993) and Frankie is 31 (born 1985). If Witney did say Frankie is her Dad's age, something is way off with that statement.

I thought she was just joking around.  

• Love 1
23 hours ago, vdw84 said:

All jokes aside, its something very creepy about emma relationship with Rashad. Not only did I think it was times during their season, that Emma acted extremely inappropriate and she is suppose to be engaged and her fiance is right there but I noticed at the GMA announcements that they were very touchy feely to the point I noticed some of the other pros looking at them awkward. I notice she isnt doing all that flirting and inappropriate mess with Drew but she did with Rashad and even after the season it was clear as day she was attached to Rashad like glue.

I heard Rashad was into normani but I guess nothing happen there.

The one thing I noticed is that even despite being on tour with him, Sasha never followed Rashad on social media --- not during the season, not during the tour and not after. Yet he started following Drew as soon as Emma was partnered with him. And during the tour, Rashad, Gleb, Alan and Artem seemed to hang out together all the time but Sasha was rarely with them.

But I'm one who thinks the Emma/Sasha breakup a few years back was because she was trying to get in with Val.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

The one thing I noticed is that even despite being on tour with him, Sasha never followed Rashad on social media --- not during the season, not during the tour and not after. Yet he started following Drew as soon as Emma was partnered with him. And during the tour, Rashad, Gleb, Alan and Artem seemed to hang out together all the time but Sasha was rarely with them.

But I'm one who thinks the Emma/Sasha breakup a few years back was because she was trying to get in with Val.

Not surprised by any of this. I  heard emma may have hooked up with keo too and use to flirt alot him as well. I don't I have been trying to tell people something isnt right Emma and Rashad relationship and people would be like, "no she loves Sasha too much" but u can love someone so much but still be very atttacted to another or even pickup some feelings. Its not that insane to be deeply inlove with one person and want another person. Anyway I had no idea about Sasha not following Rashad, thats interesting but explains alot to the situation that Sasha may have picked up on the closeness but yet is respected their friendship but is not keeping a blind eye.

On 9/20/2017 at 10:30 AM, truthaboutluv said:

They've been jerking Brittany around for many seasons now and at least Jenna is ballroom trained and has been on the show for awhile, working alongside and helping Mandy Moore. To me the worse was when Brittany was booted in favor of Hayley who wasn't ballroom trained and who didn't even bother to do the tour and then mid-season they decided to bring Brittany back. Brittany is clearly an after thought to the producers. Doesn't matter because I find the entire troupe insignificant and rarely pay attention to anything they're doing. 

Its only important for the first off the bench trouper.  Most of the recent seasons have had at least one pro be injured bad enough to miss significant practice time and even shows.   Being pulled from the troup to fill in gained Sasha his time as a pro and has now elevated Alan to that position.  Obviously, this season the top replacements will be Sasha and Jenna.

On 9/19/2017 at 9:25 AM, Hello Lady said:

I love Mark. Love, love love...

Funny, I didn't find Mark attractive when he was single, but now that he's married, he seems super hot. 

On 9/19/2017 at 10:07 AM, Toonces464 said:

It's been 7 years since Erin did the show so I doubt she remembers much about the rules of ballroom dancing, but I'm with you that it was annoying that she wouldn't let it go. However, I've noticed that she always seems extremely awkward during the first show each season so I chalk it up to her nerves and not really knowing the contestants yet to feel comfortable with them.

Erin is always awkward, so that wasn't new, but the feel of the show just wasn't right. There were a lot of empty pauses where no one was saying anything and the audience was quiet. Somehow the show just didn't seem to have found its groove for this season. 

On 9/19/2017 at 8:43 PM, Toonces464 said:

If I'm not mistaken, I think Sharna and maybe Alan are the only single pros they have now? 

Val, Keo?

On 9/19/2017 at 9:08 PM, MsJamieDornan said:

Peta looks awful. What's up with that ?

Her costume didn't fit her - she kept having to tug it down. The lady pros wear skimpy costumes all the time, so that wasn't it. The fit was off (also it was hideously ugly). Peta is stunning, but she needs a little more weight on her. Strangely, she looked perfect at her wedding, so this dramatic weight loss has been since then. 

On 9/20/2017 at 9:30 AM, truthaboutluv said:

Witney often bugs me, particularly since she's dumber than dirt (not surprised she made that comment about Frankie being her dad's age because I guarantee that Witney can't do Math) but that Carlton comment was the first time I have loved her in awhile. Yes, Alfonso and his being known as Carlton contributed to their win but that's what makes her reveal even funnier because the character he grew to hate for feeling like it pigeonholed him and made his career stall, is a big reason he won this show and has since never gone away. And really it was no secret that Alfonso almost resented that people essentially knew him as Carlton and his career never moved beyond that. So I think it was wise of Witney to ask Frankie if he was okay with her referencing the Agent Cody Banks movie. Especially since I'm sure Frankie gets more Malcolm in the Middle references than Cody Banks. 

After Witney made the comment that Frankie was old enough to be her dad, Frankie stares at the camera and you can hear Witney laughing in the background and saying "I was joking". But I dare you to ask her who the Vice President is!

Judges: Len seemed to understand that some contestants needed a bit of praise before pointing out all their flaws. Others, he came out swinging right away (Drew Scott). [In an aside, the Property Brother I'd most like to see on this show is JD. He's hilarious!] I don't mind that Carrie Ann added a little bit of critique before her paddles; Len and Bruno did the same when they weren't the "speaking" judge. 

Contestants: Same number of the usual cannon fodder, middle of the pack, and a few that could be sensational (Jordan, Lindsay Stirling). Can't wait to see Barbara go. Her behavior was disgusting. She reminds me of Paula Deen - trying to cover up massive insecurities with crazy, inappropriate comments and actions. She almost did slip on the paper money; that was a silly choice on Keo's part. He doesn't learn from year to year. 

Hosts: Thought they might mention that Erin got married, but maybe they thought it would make Carrie Ann feel bad, as her engagement just ended? I don't know what goes on in the producers' heads. 

• Love 2

So far Vanessa and Lindsay to me r the best women this season but their is a difference.

Vanessa is not as technical perfect as Linds but I find her more exciting and engaging than Lindsay. Vanessa got whole lot of sass and personality which may knock Linds out of her spot as top female this season. Vanessa reminds me of Mel b with that personality which to me was Maks best partner. Yeah. I liked Meryl as a dancer but her personality was a bore and I never bought into maks and meryl showmance crap because Maks was seeing Peta all that season, it was bts footage to prove it. I can see Lindsay getting the Sabrina treatment and get the shocking elimination because as good as dancer she is, something is just not going to click with the viewers.

Dudes that could give Jordan a run for his money

Derek Fisher can easily still spot light from Jordan. Jordan is great dancer, probably the best male technical dancer dwts has had on in awhile but his showy and theatrical persona could hurt and as I said earlier he may come off cocky but again sometimes that works in men favors than women. Derek Fisher can be a serious threat because he is actually pretty good and has a good personality and may comeoff more relatible to the general watcher of the show than Jordan.

So it will be interesting to see if any of these predictions come true but I feel atleast 1 out of 2 scenarios will happen.

Edited by vdw84
4 hours ago, tessaforever said:

Val, Keo

Val is dating Jenna. I know there were rumors for awhile and it was obvious but he never publicly admitted it. Not to mention that there was that weird mess with him and Amber Rose but this summer he's suddenly decided he's madly in love with Jenna and wants the world to know it. Complete with essay length declarations of love for her on Instagram.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

Val is dating Jenna. I know there were rumors for awhile and it was obvious but he never publicly admitted it. Not to mention that there was that weird mess with him and Amber Rose but this summer he's suddenly decided he's madly in love with Jenna and wants the world to know it. Complete with essay length declarations of love for her on Instagram.

Val and Jenna r as real as Val and Amber Rose were.  I don't care if Val proposes to Jenna on national tv for everyone to see, its something so off about them, that I cant figure it out for the life of me but their love doesnt seem authetic, atleast not on Vals part. I know Jenna has loved him for a longtime, she even wrote in her blog about him and toxic relationship. I think they r using each other for exposure and when they get what the want need, it will be over.  I mean v got work on sytycd as choreographer and JJ is finally getting the attention she always wanted by having V on her side because without her connection him, I believe  kiki and her would have been gone a long time ago without V and fam support.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

The ups and downs of Val and Jenna's relationship have been weird. But I was going by single/married, not single/in a relationship. Also Artem isn't married. For that matter, Emma and Sasha aren't yet either. I didn't believe Maks would actually marry Peta until their wedding day lol. 

• Love 1

I confess I've been rewatching Victoria and Val's dance and tearing up a bit listening to her package. She doesn't dance much and I hope she doesn't pull a Noah and outlast, but I was impesssed with the simple but pretty routine Val gave her. He's not my favorite pro, but it definitely highlighted HER and downplayed HIM. Witney is surprisingly (sometimes) good at that as well. Lindsay can be but sometimes can overshadow (with costumes especially).

Lindsey & marks routine reminded me a bit of he and Sadie's beginning chacha routine, with a little hiphop in the middle. I liked it, especially the song.

She did say that. She might have been joking, or she might just be stupid. Hard to tell with her.

I still thought Juli was both gorgeous as well as gracious and magnanimous as a judge if a bit overly generous: a nice counterpoint to CarrieAnne.

I would gladly trade Carrie Ann for Julianne. Carrie Ann just sort of babbles and cries a lot. Julianne has more constructive things to say. I'd also trade Bruno and his nonsense for Julianne. But I do think three judges works much better than four. I can do without all the guest judges too.

• Love 6
On 9/22/2017 at 11:39 PM, Sd601 said:

I confess I've been rewatching Victoria and Val's dance and tearing up a bit listening to her package. She doesn't dance much and I hope she doesn't pull a Noah and outlast, but I was impesssed with the simple but pretty routine Val gave her. He's not my favorite pro, but it definitely highlighted HER and downplayed HIM. Witney is surprisingly (sometimes) good at that as well. Lindsay can be but sometimes can overshadow (with costumes especially).

Lindsey & marks routine reminded me a bit of he and Sadie's beginning chacha routine, with a little hiphop in the middle. I liked it, especially the song.

Victoria story is inspiring but im kinda over the inspirational stories on dwts because to me it takes away from the most important thing and that is can u dance or u going be pushed through on sympathy. I felt this way for Amy Purdy and Noah but the difference with them is their disability was visible and victoria's is not which to me makes her story not all that powerful as someone who has lost one of their limbs and even Nyle who would clearly see that he was deaf.

On 9/24/2017 at 11:15 PM, magpye29 said:

I thought I saw Lauren Cohan in the audience.  Was I hallucinating or was she there?  It was an instance of "I know that face" and then 20 minutes later I realized who I thought it was.

Who is that?

Finally got around to watching the premier (my DVR didn't record it for some reason, so I had to wait until ABC unlocked it.) When Barbara grabbed Keo's near-crotch, all I could think about was Bonner and Sharna. This was a lot more intentional and just gross.

Vanessa Lachey looks like Brooke Burke. I kept thinking that's who she was.