Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Donna

tessaray

A terrifically underwhelming episode packed full to bursting with all of the things I have come to dislike about the show.  Pointless angsting and meaningless drama, loads of virtue signaling and not nearly enough of the stuff that made Suits appealing and unique in the first place.  I barely even recognize this show.

I will never care about about Donna the way the show seems to insist I should.  I care even less if she and Harvey are a thing.

I have no idea if Suits will be back next season but even if it does I may skip it.  This just isn't what I got invested in back in season one.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GemStar said:

100% agree with Rascotes opinion.  At the end of last season I had planned on not returning but I kept thinking/hoping the writing would get better.  It didn't.  

Count me in as well.  If it comes back I MAY watch the first episode.  If it is anything like this season, I'm out.  And I agree - if I worked with someone like Donna, I'd probably be out on stress leave for suppressing a burning desire to smack her in the face.  Now Gretchen?  I'd be buying Gretchen coffee every morning and trying to be her new best friend.

• Love 9

The sole part that made sense was that Jessica's admission in court last season (that she knew Mike was not an attorney while allowing him to practice) ultimately led to her getting disbarred. The only surprise is that no one reported her earlier.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse

So how is the spin off for Jessica supposed to work after this? I know the answer is the show will come up with some bullshit but I just don't see how right now.

I also wish movie studios were snatching Gina up for big projects. She deserves better than 2010s era USA network.

• Love 9

So Mike and Harvey threatened Andy by saying they knew he fabricated evidence and that they'd humiliate him with that?  Yeah, that's all that would happen to Andy, there's no way he'd get disbarred or anything, he'd just be humiliated.

I really like Lipschitz, and I loved that Louis didn't get mad and yell at him for not going along with Louis and Alex's plan.  So that means he'll stick around.

The look on Harvey's face was hilarious.  Jessica was just disbarred, they have to take her name down off the wall, Louis won't return his calls, and then Donna kisses him, he's got to feel like he's slipped into the Twilight Zone.

10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

So how is the spin off for Jessica supposed to work after this? I know the answer is the show will come up with some bullshit but I just don't see how right now.

I also wish movie studios were snatching Gina up for big projects. She deserves better than 2010s era USA network.

I don't think the spin off is about law so she doesn't have to be barred. It's about politics but you'd think being disbarred would hurt her career in that arena and many others as well.

So I am to understand that Jessica was in this episode, but it was all negative?  I can't understand why I am the only person that wanted a Harvey/Jessica relationship.  I always felt that relationship should have been more core to the show than the Mike/Harvey or Donna/Harvey or Mike/Rachel. 

Harvey and Jessica have been way more interesting to me than Harvey and any woman they have thrown in his path, including Donna. 

Thanks for the recaps...they just let me know a Donna centric  Donna pining over Harvey episode is something I can totally miss. 

At this point I would think even those that want Donna and Harvey together are over the whole thing. 

1. Who was supposed to be buying Pfizer? They're one of the biggest pharma companies in the world. Jeez.

2. Harvey's look at the end was the second best part of the episode.

3. The best part of the episode was Louis' therapist going "nope. ethics violation"

23 hours ago, catrice2 said:

Thanks for the recaps...they just let me know a Donna centric  Donna pining over Harvey episode is something I can totally miss. 

It didn't seem a Donna centric episode to me because she had so little agency in it.  Louis wouldn't do what she asked so she wouldn't be humiliated because he was afraid of his own issues, she couldn't get Holly (?) to take the stand and admit what she had done, and it ended up once again with Harvey and Mike doing their thing (which I'm thoroughly bored with now).  Donna on the stand was terrible; so what if she asked for the job?  How many of us haven't asked for a job?  Sometimes we get it, sometimes we don't. That doesn't mean we slept our way into it.  The only agency Donna had was to kiss Harvey, a man in a relationship with someone else.  Blech.

In other news, Louis saved Alex and Rachel saved her father who suddenly turned in to a terrible lawyer because he felt guilty about his sister. (I'm not buying it.  He's been a lawyer for over 25 years, he shouldn't suddenly forget everything because he got upset.)  The Jessica stuff was so obviously there to write her off the show.

I'm really bored with Harvey's and Mike's antics now.

• Love 2

I just can't with this show anymore.  Now you just insult our intelligence.

Sr. Zane:  "In California, the 12th Circuit...."  PULEEZE.  First off, is there anyone out there that doesn't know California is in the 9th Circuit?  Second of all, there is NO 12th Circuit.  Couldn't you have done a LITTLE research?

And what judge would rule on a motion after hearing direct examination of a witness without allowing the other side to engage in cross and rehabilitation?  That whole testimony was bullSHIT.  

Oh, and I love how now a disbarment can be done in ONE afternoon.  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I just can't with this show anymore.  Now you just insult our intelligence.

Sr. Zane:  "In California, the 12th Circuit...."  PULEEZE.  First off, is there anyone out there that doesn't know California is in the 9th Circuit?  Second of all, there is NO 12th Circuit.  Couldn't you have done a LITTLE research?

And what judge would rule on a motion after hearing direct examination of a witness without allowing the other side to engage in cross and rehabilitation?  That whole testimony was bullSHIT.  

Oh, and I love how now a disbarment can be done in ONE afternoon.  

Maybe they split up the 9th Circuit in the Suits Universe

I don't understand Alex's plan.  You can't record somebody without their permission and use it in a Court of Law.  It would be inadmissible.  Not sure where he's going with that.  Maybe I missed something.  I'm starting to phase out when watching Suits.

Talk about sloppy, the front of the house in the flashback scene with Robert and his sister definitely needed some attention.  I didn't know we had 2010-era vehicles in 1992, LOL!  Duh, it was supposed to take place 25 years ago.  Nobody could ask to have the cars be relocated for a few seconds?

I'm sick of the whole will they/won't they between Harvey and Donna.  I think we can pretty much bet that they will be a couple when this show ends.

On 9/21/2017 at 6:58 PM, Carolina Girl said:

Oh, and I love how now a disbarment can be done in ONE afternoon

I took that scene not as meaning that Jessica was already disbarred, but that she knew it was inevitable so she had no intention of fighting it.

Ironic how Jessica will be disbarred for allowing Mike to practice without a license but Mike himself is now able to practice. And please don't tell me that he paid his debt to society.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Utpe said:

I don't understand Alex's plan.  You can't record somebody without their permission and use it in a Court of Law.  It would be inadmissible.  Not sure where he's going with that.  Maybe I missed something.  I'm starting to phase out when watching Suits.

Talk about sloppy, the front of the house in the flashback scene with Robert and his sister definitely needed some attention.  I didn't know we had 2010-era vehicles in 1992, LOL!  Duh, it was supposed to take place 25 years ago.  Nobody could ask to have the cars be relocated for a few seconds?

I'm sick of the whole will they/won't they between Harvey and Donna.  I think we can pretty much bet that they will be a couple when this show ends.

NY is a one-party consent state.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, iheartET said:

1) Sniff Sniff Mike and Racheal fans. This is the last episode we will ever see of them together.

2) The person who played the younger Mr. Zane doesn’t look like anything like the older Zane.

3) Alex always speaks in such an angry and rushed manner. It creates a stressed feeling,lol.

4) While watching this episode, I began to feel that Harvey & Donna would make a good pair. I don’t know, there was something about them in this episode.

5) I am so upset that Jessica got disbarred!

6)  Donna should of just told Harvey how she felt instead of just going up to him and kissing him.

7) Now with Gina (not being a regular) & Meghan gone, I really hope they end the show.

Meghan's not gone yet. The second half of season 7 hasn't aired yet. I believe it starts up again in January.

On 9/23/2017 at 1:44 PM, Utpe said:

I don't understand Alex's plan.  You can't record somebody without their permission and use it in a Court of Law.  It would be inadmissible. 

Someone else posted this, but to make it clearer: in many, if not most states, you can record someone and there would be no issue with admissibility. "One-party consent" means that a person doesn't have to get the consent of anyone else being recorded.

On 9/15/2017 at 5:49 PM, catrice2 said:

So I am to understand that Jessica was in this episode, but it was all negative?  I can't understand why I am the only person that wanted a Harvey/Jessica relationship.  I always felt that relationship should have been more core to the show than the Mike/Harvey or Donna/Harvey or Mike/Rachel. 

Harvey and Jessica have been way more interesting to me than Harvey and any woman they have thrown in his path, including Donna. 

To quote Michael Jackson, "You are not alone. I am here with you!" It would have been interesting to see Harvey with a) a woman he has to consider his equal, if not his superior and b) a person he has chemistry with. Jessica deserves better than boring-ass Jeff Malone, and Harvey deserves better than pretty much anyone else he's ever been paired with.

• Love 1
On 9/23/2017 at 10:59 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I took that scene not as meaning that Jessica was already disbarred, but that she knew it was inevitable so she had no intention of fighting it.

Ironic how Jessica will be disbarred for allowing Mike to practice without a license but Mike himself is now able to practice. And please don't tell me that he paid his debt to society.

That's right. Mike has paid nothing. He's as obnoxious as ever. 

On 9/15/2017 at 6:49 PM, catrice2 said:

At this point I would think even those that want Donna and Harvey together are over the whole thing. 

One question I've always had is just how old Jessica and Harvey are supposed to be. It doesn't matter in terms of them getting together but the show likes to refer to her as the mama in the relationship. I don't buy the age difference being so great she was in a position to pay for his law school out of her own pocket. 

On 1/1/2018 at 12:30 AM, iheartET said:

1) Sniff Sniff Mike and Racheal fans. This is the last episode we will ever see of them together.

2) The person who played the younger Mr. Zane doesn’t look like anything like the older Zane.

3) Alex always speaks in such an angry and rushed manner. It creates a stressed feeling,lol.

4) While watching this episode, I began to feel that Harvey & Donna would make a good pair. I don’t know, there was something about them in this episode.

5) I am so upset that Jessica got disbarred!

6)  Donna should of just told Harvey how she felt instead of just going up to him and kissing him.

7) Now with Gina (not being a regular) & Meghan gone, I really hope they end the show.

I feel like Harvey should have been disbarred, too. He hired Mike just for fun. 

• Love 2