Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Premature Theories

This show just keeps getting better and better. So much seriousness, and intensity from Peter and Sam. And it's infecting the rest of the school. Who is the real culprit? Also, Mr. Janson's daughter destroying the tape in front of Peter? Both broke my heart and had me howling at the same time.

• Love 2

Huge continuity error in this episode. Peter says he's been through the footage of the nigh over and over again looking for clues. And eventually he notices plaid dude holding the can going down the stairs. Yet then they go on to several different moments of footage with the can in footage that he supposedly had already been through over and over looking for clues. Sloppy writing folks.

56 minutes ago, Adusk81 said:

Huge continuity error in this episode. Peter says he's been through the footage of the nigh over and over again looking for clues. And eventually he notices plaid dude holding the can going down the stairs. Yet then they go on to several different moments of footage with the can in footage that he supposedly had already been through over and over looking for clues. Sloppy writing folks.

I don't necessarily think that was a continuity error. I was under the impression that the staircase footage was the first time Peter actually noticed the spray can; once he recognized its importance, it became trivially easy to spot the can in all the other videos and photos he'd already reviewed. Prior to that point, Peter was only focused on picking up dick references and probably missed the spray can against the general background of beer bottles and red solo cups.

I also thought it was interesting how they pointed out the distinctive beer bottle label as definitive proof that Alex was lying; except it really wasn't. It's entirely possible to drink multiple beers, all carrying the same label. It's not like you can easily tell the difference between a person drinking one Bud Light or ten Bud Lights based on photographic evidence alone. That said, I still think Alex is lying and just co-opted Ming's experience (9 beers and counting) for his own. 

• Love 1

Yeah I though that that too which is why I watched it again. If he was searching so hard for clues then seeing brandon spray paining the towel should have tipped him off. I suppose he just edited it that way for dramatic effect but to me it came off as sloppy. As for the beer, yeah. I peel my labels the same way every time while I'm fri king them because it's a fidgety habit. 

I think the fact it was peeled exactly the same in each shot was the point.  I don't think it's easy to get the same rip from bottle to bottle.  Though my immediate thought was, "He was refilling the bottle from the keg."  The rest of them had red cups so there was a keg.  

I love this show.