Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

Thank you to those who posted the final spoilers! Now I don't have to try to wade through RS's site again.

I was 2 seconds away from deleting this from my DVR last week, and then saw it was Arie. I've skipped the last several seasons but this pulled me back in. So, maybe TPTB know what they're doing. Should be an interesting season! 

• Love 1

I think Arie is really doing well this season.  He & Becca definitely look good together.  She's lovely and their conversation seemed pretty natural.  

Bibiana made me laugh every time she opened her mouth.  Her "talking to MY my man" comment to Krystal was hilarious.  And apologies to anybody with amusement park trauma, but that smash-up date looked like loads of fun!  Amazing how Annaleise got over her fear SOOOOOO quickly!  

At least Krystal took some of the focus off Chelsea this episode.  Now they can both go, because they've both outlived their entertainment value. 

More Bibiana!  *LOL*

• Love 2
On 12/18/2017 at 11:57 AM, nutty1 said:

So it seems Arie supposedly spoiled his own season per RS....

http://realitysteve.com/2017/12/13/the-bachelor-arie-spoilers-winter-games-notes/

Of course, none of it will ultimately matter because we already know what the end result is this season, that’s that Arie is engaged to Becca Kufrin. You saw me post it on 2 weeks ago, and then Arie spoiled it on his own, TWICE, on social media. For those that haven’t been paying attention, let me fill you in on what he did. On Friday November 17th in Cusco, Peru is when the final rose ceremony happened. On Monday the 20th is when I first heard about who he was engaged to. Sent out that tweet the next day about “posting soon,” then I received the Cease & Desist letter from NZK Productions the next day, so I held off a week before finally giving you the spoiler on Nov. 30th. Lets take what they did most recently and address that first. I don’t follow either Arie or Becca on social media, so this was brought to my attention on Twitter. Arie posted this on his Instagram story:

ArieSpoil1.jpg

Then on the same day hours later, Becca posted this to her IG story:

ArieSpoil2.jpg

There isn’t much to analyze here. Clearly they are hanging out in the same backyard and this is one of their approved ABC “safe house” visits, or, “happy couple” visits as they’re referred to. Of course Becca tried to be tricky by putting a location of Fort Myers, FL on there, but that means nothing. She wasn’t in Fort Myers, FL and I don’t know why she thought anyone would believe she was. It’s clear they were together in LA and they spoiled it themselves, only confirming the spoiler I gave you. And oh yeah, both of them deleted those pictures from their IG story within hours of it getting out.

If you want to go back a couple weeks before that, one of Arie’s closest female friends, Kristina Hegger (formerly Kristina Owen) posted this on her IG:

ArieSpoil3.jpg

The girl to Arie’s left (our right) is Becca. Yes, he thought he’d be slick trying to cover up her face, but it’s her. She was in Arizona that weekend, they tried to be cute, and it backfired. I can’t be any more clear than that. Conspiracy theorists will say that they aren’t supposed to be seen together in public and that’s someone else, etc. I don’t know what to tell you other than you’re wrong – it’s her. She was there. And oh yeah, Kristina deleted that pic from her IG a couple days later.

I’ve been emailed a few times about Arie liking a few of Lauren’s IG pictures since she’s been back from filming and what does that all mean, and my answer remains the same: I don’t know and I don’t care. He can do whatever he wants (clearly he has zero care for social media), and if liking pictures of the girl he didn’t choose on her Instagram is what he wants to do, then by golly, that’s what he’s gonna do. You can read into it all you want and dissect it until you’re blue in the face, but in reality it means nothing because it doesn’t change what happened Nov. 17th in Cusco, Peru. Not to mention, I think him visibly being seen with the girl he chose TWICE since then means a hell of a lot more than him liking some pics on IG. Irrelevant.

Once the show gets going, they will do whatever they can to throw curveballs at the audience, make you think things happened that didn’t, make you think he might be with someone else, etc. But the bottom line is you were told Nov. 30th who he chose, he subsequently followed that up by revealing himself who he chose in social media posts on two different weekends, and there is zero suspense now as to how the ending plays out. Usually when I release the spoiler, I have to wait til mid-March to be vindicated when the finale airs. Not this season. It’s all out there for anyone with two eyes to clearly see. This isn’t some game they’re playing, this isn’t a plant by producers to throw people off, and this isn’t some switcheroo happening here. The conspiracy theorists that can’t accept this are: 1) Arie fans who hate the fact he’s been so careless and spoiled his own season twice already 2) Arie fans who hate the fact that he confirmed my spoiler because they can’t stand when I’m right. I know, sounds like a pathetic existence to get so worked up by my spoilers, but trust me, they’re out there. And they’re not happy. Oh well. Deal with it.

This will most certainly be an enjoyable season to cover. Since there’s no mystery to the end, the enjoyable part will be to see how these women react on social media, the cliques that are formed, who starts their IG shilling career first, and most importantly, who will be the front runners for Paradise this summer. Remember, the “Bachelor” cast every season for the first 4 seasons of Paradise makes up a majority of the cast. Remember there were like 13 girls from Nick’s season who ended up on Paradise, and before that I think it was like 15 girls from Ben’s season that were on Paradise. So just know going in, about half of these girls you see will be on Paradise. Watch the show that way and make up in your head who they can hook up with. Then again, until we see the next “Bachelorette” cast, it’s kinda hard to predict since most of THOSE guys will make up the male portion of BIP. So in closing, I want to give a big thanks to Arie Luyendyk for being so helpful during this spoiling season. It certainly helps my case if there’s ever another lawsuit that comes way which, as of now, still hasn’t happened. I’m sure they’re waiting til right before the season starts to file to garner more attention heading into their season. That’s my guess.

The lighting is wonky.  That’s not Ft Myers.  The angle of the sun is wrong.  

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, Mu Shu said:

The lighting is wonky.  That’s not Ft Myers.  The angle of the sun is wrong.  

RS agrees, he said in the article that was quoted "She wasn’t in Fort Myers, FL and I don’t know why she thought anyone would believe she was"

On 1/9/2018 at 9:58 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like they haven't shown Lauren B. at all so I continue to be surprised she is F2.

I still can't figure out which one is Lauren B. and which one is Maquel. I need Maquel to go home so I can see the one that is F2!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

I still can't figure out which one is Lauren B. and which one is Maquel. I need Maquel to go home so I can see the one that is F2!

Maquel sort of looks like a lizard. Lauren B looks like pretty much every Lauren ever on this show.  So the girl who looks familiar and not like a lizard is your girl.  But be careful, because there’s one more blonde in the watt.  I think it’s Kendall.  

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Lauren B looks like Christina from Flip Or Flop, minus the nose job and lip fillers. The same narrow, long face. Maquel has a wider face/cheekbones and the more obvious hair extensions.

• Love 2
On 12/18/2017 at 0:41 PM, Lamb18 said:

She lives in the same city as my brother. It would be funny if she was in the same townhouse complex.

And she doesn't live too far from a racetrack!

My sister and her hubby lived in Prior Lake for 20 years. He was on the town council.  Sadly she isn’t answering my text if she knows the family or not. 

Poor Bibiana!  She got her cuddle space jacked and then was booted out the door.  No more "MY MAN" confrontations with Krystal to keep things interesting.  I think she was about 10 seconds away from a "I'll cut the bitch!" beatdown.  She was a freak, but I'll miss her.  

Maquel has the blondest of the blonde hair, almost white-blonde.  And consequently, the darkest roots.  

I liked how Arie poked fun at his cardigan-wearing.  He's definitely not taking himself too seriously, which I like. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

I’m from Prior Lake. I know where the house is, but I won’t say where. (Minnesotan protecting fellow Minnesotan’s privacy.) I heard wonderful things about Becca’s mom; she worked directly with my mom’s friends.

Up until this season, I’ve hate-watched this show. Now I’m genuinely wishing good things for someone, from one Laker to another.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, Dust Bunny said:

I’m from Prior Lake. I know where the house is, but I won’t say where. (Minnesotan protecting fellow Minnesotan’s privacy.) I heard wonderful things about Becca’s mom; she worked directly with my mom’s friends.

Up until this season, I’ve hate-watched this show. Now I’m genuinely wishing good things for someone, from one Laker to another.

I'm torn about wanting Becca to win.

On one hand, I want to see a Minnesotan beat out the other women and win!

On the other hand, do I really want her to win Arie?

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Reality Steve has the rest of the spoilers up.  Looks like Krystal will be having some epic meltdowns.  I've already ordered popcorn!

Yay!  Krystal is at least working.  I need a good Kelsey Poe style meltdown. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Yay!  Krystal is at least working.  I need a good Kelsey Poe style meltdown. 

RS says Krystal gets eliminated on a 2-on-1, so there's a good chance of that! But probably without "big words" and "I'm up here, she's down there."

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

RS says Krystal gets eliminated on a 2-on-1, so there's a good chance of that! But probably without "big words" and "I'm up here, she's down there."

So the question is, where does he leave her? In the dessert? On a deserted island? In a cave? All the good options have been taken. I suppose they could be flying an airplane and he only has one parachute to hand out. Person who is not Krystal, will you accept this parachute? And then the two love birds jump out of the plane with the pilot as Krystal is left to crash into the ocean.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

So the question is, where does he leave her? In the dessert? On a deserted island? In a cave? All the good options have been taken. I suppose they could be flying an airplane and he only has one parachute to hand out. Person who is not Krystal, will you accept this parachute? And then the two love birds jump out of the plane with the pilot as Krystal is left to crash into the ocean.

That would be hilarious! But RS says the 2-on-1 happens during the Paris episode, so the chances of Krystal being left behind in a remote location are very slim. I can still see it being funny - they could drop her in a bad neighborhood where there are no tourists and nobody speaks English, and make her find her own way back to the hotel.

• Love 2

Oh, she's totally going to get left at the top of the Eiffel Tower, after closing, when all the lights are turned off and the elevators shut down. Oooh, or the Catacombs! Abandon her in the creepy underground maze of burial chambers. Yes! Some day, years from now, on Bachelor season 857 they happy couple will stumble over the remains of Krystal, abandoned on Arie's season.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Oh, she's totally going to get left at the top of the Eiffel Tower, after closing, when all the lights are turned off and the elevators shut down.

...with a parachute as her only means down!

34 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Nothing beat that shot of Kelsey giving Ashley a death glare with Ashley looking down.  Good times!

I was trying to watch unspoiled, but then I accidentally read a post on Facebook that spilled who wins, so I figured I might as well enjoy the snark here :)

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I was trying to watch unspoiled, but then I accidentally read a post on Facebook that spilled who wins, so I figured I might as well enjoy the snark here :)

Yeah, I googled something innocently and one of the top results was a spoil (right there in the returned snippet!). So like you I started following this one!

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Port a potty!  

While he may not be spectacular on his feet, I'll bet Arie will be on "Dancing with the Stars".  He moves ok, he'd look great in the costumes and Race Car Driver is still an accurate description.  And he'd have the requisite fiancee to gaze adoringly from the audience.  

Ben whatshisface was too dull, but Arie is charismatic enough.  

He's doing everything right this season.  I'm impressed so far.  

Edited by leighdear
33 minutes ago, lemonandsage said:

RS is now reporting that Arie dumped Becca about a week ago and is dating Lauren B.

If true, I'm not surprised because she seemed nice, but kind of boring.

(edited)

If Becca plays her cards right, she'll be a shoo in for the Bachelorette gig though the timing will be tight.  Unless she gives the ex that proposed to her in Peru another chance, like Melissa did after she got dumped by Jason.

Edited by CindyBee

Per RS:

BACHELOR ARIE SPOILERS(EXCLUSIVE SPOILER): What is Going On?
ByReality Steve Posted on January 23, 2018 7:22 am

PLEASE DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BE SPOILED. Feels kinda funny that the “Spoiler Guy” has to write that on his own website, but sometimes I’m baffled by the people who contact me via email or social media to let me know they were reading on my site or were listening to the podcast but didn’t want to be spoiled. I don’t know what to tell you. I’m a spoiler site. I spoil the “Bachelor” franchise and all their shows. In my recaps, I will allude to the spoilers I initially posted. Sometimes in the podcast I will eventually give out a spoiler or whatever, hence the reason the episode description of every podcast has SPOILERS in all caps at the beginning. So let’s just lay that out there right from the get go today just in case there are people coming to a spoiler site with “EXCLUSIVE SPOILER” in the title thinking that maybe there was a slight chance I just made it up for fun and didn’t really have anything. I don’t know. Makes me scratch my head at times. Whatever the case may be, here we are, and it’s certainly been an interesting last 6 days or so…

This column is going to dive into everything surrounding the ending of this season. There will be facts, there will be commentary, and there will be speculation just so you know. And I’m going to lay out the timeline for you of when I heard things so maybe you’ll have a better understanding of it. To say this would be important to the season would be an understatement, so I want you to get the full grasp of what I’ve been dealing with since right around the premiere. So lets start there:

A couple days after the premiere, I was given word that Arie called Lauren on the night of the premiere. Certainly an interesting thing to be told because why would a lead possibly contact the girl he dumped when he’s engaged to someone else? So I tried to find out what I could about that situation and was essentially told, not necessarily the content of that conversation (because I wasn’t), but started hearing that Arie was having second thoughts about Becca and thinking he might’ve made the wrong choice. Which certainly was playing into the narrative that ARIE HIMSELF was presenting publicly as on at least three different occasions at the beginning of the season, Arie made sure to let everyone know he “fell in love with 2 women this season.” Here are at least 3 times he said it:
(3 videos)

Again, super bizarre behavior and certainly someone, to me, that doesn’t look at all happy with his decision at the time and was really struggling, something I was hearing behind the scenes.

Now lets move ahead to last week. Last Tuesday morning after I’d posted my column, I was told from a source specifically that “Arie broke up with Becca and they are heading to Virginia to film.” Obviously a big deal. Something that, based on stuff I’d been hearing since the premiere, not too shocking to hear, but huge enough news in the “Bachelor” world that I needed to get this double sourced at least. This source who told me that had also given me information earlier this season which ended up being right, which led me to believe this is what had happened. But I wasn’t going to just run with that immediately. There was one part of me that, although it wasn’t far fetched, the first thing I thought was, “Ok, but what if he hasn’t actually called off the engagement, he’s just going to see Lauren and apologize or something to that effect.” It was a long shot, especially since I knew he had been talking to her, but that was the one thing that was holding me up. I wanted to make sure the engagement was definitely called off. This has only happened once before in the history of the show. I needed to make sure this was right.

Not less than 6 hours later, a photo appears in a private Facebook group that ABC’s vans were out in front of Lauren’s mother’s house in Virginia, and the person who posted the picture seemed to know that ABC and Arie were there and were filming. As I told you last Wednesday, the picture itself isn’t incriminating because all it is is cars in driveway. However, knowing what I’d been told a few hours earlier, this picture took on a whole new meaning. This was the picture that circulated in a private Facebook group and was taken down within 5 minutes because people in that private group didn’t want to hear about any potential spoilers:

Sure, the whole “a good friend of mine’s bf” sounds like “I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who saw something etc,” but 1) When you’re told hours earlier Arie had broken his engagement off with Becca and there was going to be filming in Virginia, 2) You’re then seeing pictures of vans being there, and then 3) You’re able to confirm independently that ABC and Arie were indeed in Virginia at Lauren’s parents house, well, I was even more sure that my sources were right. But I needed one more confirmation and I got it last Friday night.

Arie ended his engagement with Becca a little over a week ago and is now dating Lauren. That’s why he was in Virginia last week at Lauren’s parents house.

Thanks for sharing that--I avoid his site, but like spoilers.  Wow, very interesting!  I feel bad for Becca having to see her proposal etc, on the final episode, only to turn out this way...

Isn't Lauren B the 23 year old, or am I thinking of someone else?

Dang he like 'em young don't he? Huh. Another Mesnick.

I do NOT NOT NOT want a Becca Bach'ette. She's dull as dishwater. I'd rather have a Seinne (although 2 black Bach'ettes in a row isn't happening) or even 22 year old baby Beckah. More interesting and fun....

27 isn't too young.

I do think it's funny that ABC was likely concerned about having a Bachelor who might not propose to anyone (Peter) only to select a Bachelor who might propose to 2 before the season even ends.  

I know it's not unprecedented but there's still so much time left for him to change his mind again.

Maybe when Arie picked Bekah to go home he meant Becca but didn’t have his grandpa reading glasses on to read the cue card. Then he maybe confused his Lauren B with Ben H’s ex and booted her as F2 by mistake.

Hijinks will definitely ensue. Love it! 

1 hour ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Maybe when Arie picked Bekah to go home he meant Becca but didn’t have his grandpa reading glasses on to read the cue card. Then he maybe confused his Lauren B with Ben H’s ex and booted her as F2 by mistake.

Hijinks will definitely ensue. Love it! 

I love that scenario.  Every thing else is just boring.  Old grandpa possum needs some drama in this tepid season. 

Well this has been a waste of a season.. Not surprised though as we all knew Arie wasn't going to settle down with anyone anytime soon. I guess the finale will be interesting but other than that this season has been a bore. 

I also do not want to watch an entire season with Bekah as The Bachelorette. She reminds me of Jillian but more boring. I'll pass..

Edited by ssm
56 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

But she'd be so INSECURE ssm!!!!

She'd be Jillian on Steroids. Begging begging begging for validation from all these surfer dudes and dads...it'd be pathetic in a FUN way.

That would be Krystal's season. She is the poster child for needy and insecure. 

I think Bekah would me more like Emily, since she'd have no intention of marrying any of the guys she could play her whole "I don't need you, doesn't that make you want me more" thing on them and have them all eating out of her hand, because guys want what they can't have until they get it, then they move on. Exhibit A: Arie who dumped Becca once he got her and moved on to the one he couldn't have. I'm sure it won't be long before he dumps Lauren B for another one he passed up on. 

I love this lol.

I still can't even believe Lauren B. was F2 when she is never shown on the show and now this news makes it even weirder to me.

Although based on the brief one-on-one with Arie they showed in yesterday's ep she does seem to be on his level conversation wise. There's nothing there!

• Love 1

Not gonna lie, as someone who could never understand the appeal of Arie and found him kind of suspect, I feel pretty validated right now. The guy doesn't have a clue what he wants and can't be bothered to find out since he's too busy thinking with his little head. I'll be shocked if he's still with Lauren when all this airs.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

guys want what they can't have until they get it, then they move on. Exhibit A: Arie who dumped Becca once he got her and moved on to the one he couldn't have. I'm sure it won't be long before he dumps Lauren B for another one he passed up on. 

Maybe not all guys, but definitely Arie. I don't think he was ever genuinely "in love" with Emily, he's just been obsessed with her because she turned him down. The women he's dated in the past five years have probably all been too available for him to "fall in love" again. There are six weeks to go until ATFR, so I wouldn't be surprised if he and Lauren fizzle out by then, too.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I think 27 is just the right age for him.  She's not too young (like Bekah) and probably has enough dating under her belt.  

Lauren B. is 25 it's not as bad as 22 but still relatively young compared to Aries 36 in overall life experiences.  

• Love 1

I had to go back to the Reality Steve site to see what Lauren B looked like.  Generic blonde that looks like all the other generic blondes that have been on this show in the last 10 seasons.  Why are all these women named Lauren so forgettable?  

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 0:36 PM, Lamb18 said:

I'm torn about wanting Becca to win.

On one hand, I want to see a Minnesotan beat out the other women and win!

On the other hand, do I really want her to win Arie?

Weird to quote myself, but this latest spoiler sort of makes both my wishes come true regarding Becca. She is the "winner" (getting the first proposal) but she's not stuck with him. Unfortunately she'll probably be humiliated but it will lead to better things, like it did for Melissa.