Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

52 minutes ago, leighdear said:

That is SO cool!  I absolutely love TAR!  I can't wait to see that intersection.....

Intersection!  Ha ha . . . Maybe Phil will announce on The Bachelor:  "Is this setback a roadblock on Arie's journey to find true love? Or will this detour lead him to lasting happiness?"

• Love 2

Reality Steve has posted the rest of Arie's girls, and I have to say that he looks to have a good crop.  Quite a few age appropriate and a lot with college degrees and decent-sounding careers.  Just a few that sound like the most obviously planted "wrong reasons" types.  

I know people are saying he's too old, nobody remembers him, he's just a player, etc.  And while I don't totally disagree with the player label, I'm really hoping he has that same charisma and panty-dropping charm he had with Emily.  

• Love 3

VERY cool locations for Arie & his girls.  I'm really looking forward to it.  When they show dates in cool locations, I usually just mute my TV so the pointless and irrelevant "conversation" they engage in doesn't distract me from the sightseeing.  ;-)

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, leighdear said:

When they show dates in cool locations, I usually just mute my TV so the pointless and irrelevant "conversation" they engage in doesn't distract me from the sightseeing.  ;-)

But, but, you miss out on all the reasons why said location is "the perfect place to fall in love!"

• Love 3
9 hours ago, chocolatine said:

But, but, you miss out on all the reasons why said location is "the perfect place to fall in love!"

Damn!  You're right, because there is NO other place to fall in love other than "insert random place here".....It's the BEST place ever!

• Love 3

Lauren B and Becca F4

What? Won't this wreck havoc with the other Lauren B and Becca's fans????

On 11/2/2017 at 5:06 PM, leighdear said:

I know people are saying he's too old, nobody remembers him, he's just a player, etc.  And while I don't totally disagree with the player label, I'm really hoping he has that same charisma and panty-dropping charm he had with Emily.  

I'm pumped for Arie. He's like Kate Middleton ... waited around forever so that when everyone else dropped out he was the most logical choice for the role. Didn't waste his capital on the crappy BIP. Emily's season had the best cast, and my only regret is that Arie and Jef had a falling out so no chance to see Jef reappear. From the pictures I've seen at RS it looks like they popped for some great background visuals this season.

And Peter belongs on the Winter Olympics show ... he'll be the star of that one with less pressure. I'm envisioning commercials with Peter crying amidst the snow-capped mountains.  Did they announce that cast list yet? I heard it films in early December.

• Love 4

RS has spoiled the final 4 and winner.....

F4 - Tia
F3 - Kendall
F2 - Lauren
F1 - Becca. Arie and Becca are engaged.

RS said the company that produces the show contacted him and told him not to put out any spoilers (this is not ABC and it wasn't ABC who sued him before). He spoke with his lawyer. RS decided to move on with spoilers anyway. He said he will probably be sued again.

Kendall never had a 1:1 date.
F3 went to Peru
Becca had first 1:1

He has heard nothing about good things about Becca and he feels sorry for her.
He said Arie went into this with no intention to get married.

He also said Peter is NOT on Winter Games, that he has heard. He said tons of names being thrown around. Ben Higgins, Kristina, Dean.....I do not remember who else.

He had his rude moments. He is so different when he interviews someone.

• Love 4

He's pissed, as he should be.  These people keep screwing with his job.  What he does is not illegal, immoral or fattening.  And I agree with him that his spoilers just make it more entertaining to watch the shows.  And I also agree that they're probably just doing it to get publicity for the show.  

I can honestly say that Steve's spoilers are the only reason I keep watching this franchise.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

What he does is not illegal, immoral or fattening.

LOL!

As for illegal, I wonder if they could get him for encouraging the violation of non-disclosure agreements, especially if he's paying the staffers who feed him the info?

12 hours ago, chocolatine said:

As for illegal, I wonder if they could get him for encouraging the violation of non-disclosure agreements, especially if he's paying the staffers who feed him the info?

That’s what got him sued the first time; he’s not doing it again.

• Love 2

I agree with Bugs.  Steve is a smart guy, and wouldn't hang his own ass out there for some scraps from previous contestants or crew members.  I believe him when he says that NOW he has crap loads of folks coming out of the woodwork to give him legit spoilers, without him resorting to any nefarious tactics, bribery or payments.  

Hell, I would sure as hell contact him immediately if I ever had a spoiler, even with absolutely no compensation of any kind in return.   I enjoy what he does, I like his snarkiness and I hope he makes them waste a ton of money on this.  

• Love 5

ABC has all the bios for the contestants up, and Reality Steve has a new column with them listed and his snarky commentary on them.  I always enjoy that part. 

Most of them have the exact same hair that almost every girl has had for the last few years, so there are very few that stand out.  

Interesting that there's a "Intro to Arie" on tonight.  Something different, and good for the folks that didn't see him on Emily's season.  

• Love 4

I glanced through the pics and saw the same old, same old too @leighdear.  I have viewer fatigue with this franchise.  I will continue to watch and post but without the same level of glee I had 22 years ago.   

Edited by Wings
  • Love 3
On 12/11/2017 at 10:47 AM, leighdear said:

Most of them have the exact same hair that almost every girl has had for the last few years, so there are very few that stand out. 

For the last few years?  More like forever, in my recollection.

And I'm bummed.  I thought someone named Becca was the winner, so when I was half-assed watching this and saw a combatant had short hair and her name was Bekah, I was shocked and happy that a short-haired gal had triumphed.  And they showed a lot of her in the "this season on..." so it never occurred to me it was the wrong Becca/Bekah.  But with that in mind, it would take some crafty editing to have someone with such short hair as F1 or F2, because you wouldn't even be able to show her from behind or the side or anything--just neck down.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But with that in mind, it would take some crafty editing to have someone with such short hair as F1 or F2, because you wouldn't even be able to show her from behind or the side or anything--just neck down.

Ah ha! Now we know how the winner is really chosen. It's one of the girls with the most common cut and color of the season! I wouldn't put it past them.

• Love 3

So it seems Arie supposedly spoiled his own season per RS....

http://realitysteve.com/2017/12/13/the-bachelor-arie-spoilers-winter-games-notes/

Of course, none of it will ultimately matter because we already know what the end result is this season, that’s that Arie is engaged to Becca Kufrin. You saw me post it on 2 weeks ago, and then Arie spoiled it on his own, TWICE, on social media. For those that haven’t been paying attention, let me fill you in on what he did. On Friday November 17th in Cusco, Peru is when the final rose ceremony happened. On Monday the 20th is when I first heard about who he was engaged to. Sent out that tweet the next day about “posting soon,” then I received the Cease & Desist letter from NZK Productions the next day, so I held off a week before finally giving you the spoiler on Nov. 30th. Lets take what they did most recently and address that first. I don’t follow either Arie or Becca on social media, so this was brought to my attention on Twitter. Arie posted this on his Instagram story:

ArieSpoil1.jpg

Then on the same day hours later, Becca posted this to her IG story:

ArieSpoil2.jpg

There isn’t much to analyze here. Clearly they are hanging out in the same backyard and this is one of their approved ABC “safe house” visits, or, “happy couple” visits as they’re referred to. Of course Becca tried to be tricky by putting a location of Fort Myers, FL on there, but that means nothing. She wasn’t in Fort Myers, FL and I don’t know why she thought anyone would believe she was. It’s clear they were together in LA and they spoiled it themselves, only confirming the spoiler I gave you. And oh yeah, both of them deleted those pictures from their IG story within hours of it getting out.

If you want to go back a couple weeks before that, one of Arie’s closest female friends, Kristina Hegger (formerly Kristina Owen) posted this on her IG:

ArieSpoil3.jpg

The girl to Arie’s left (our right) is Becca. Yes, he thought he’d be slick trying to cover up her face, but it’s her. She was in Arizona that weekend, they tried to be cute, and it backfired. I can’t be any more clear than that. Conspiracy theorists will say that they aren’t supposed to be seen together in public and that’s someone else, etc. I don’t know what to tell you other than you’re wrong – it’s her. She was there. And oh yeah, Kristina deleted that pic from her IG a couple days later.

I’ve been emailed a few times about Arie liking a few of Lauren’s IG pictures since she’s been back from filming and what does that all mean, and my answer remains the same: I don’t know and I don’t care. He can do whatever he wants (clearly he has zero care for social media), and if liking pictures of the girl he didn’t choose on her Instagram is what he wants to do, then by golly, that’s what he’s gonna do. You can read into it all you want and dissect it until you’re blue in the face, but in reality it means nothing because it doesn’t change what happened Nov. 17th in Cusco, Peru. Not to mention, I think him visibly being seen with the girl he chose TWICE since then means a hell of a lot more than him liking some pics on IG. Irrelevant.

Once the show gets going, they will do whatever they can to throw curveballs at the audience, make you think things happened that didn’t, make you think he might be with someone else, etc. But the bottom line is you were told Nov. 30th who he chose, he subsequently followed that up by revealing himself who he chose in social media posts on two different weekends, and there is zero suspense now as to how the ending plays out. Usually when I release the spoiler, I have to wait til mid-March to be vindicated when the finale airs. Not this season. It’s all out there for anyone with two eyes to clearly see. This isn’t some game they’re playing, this isn’t a plant by producers to throw people off, and this isn’t some switcheroo happening here. The conspiracy theorists that can’t accept this are: 1) Arie fans who hate the fact he’s been so careless and spoiled his own season twice already 2) Arie fans who hate the fact that he confirmed my spoiler because they can’t stand when I’m right. I know, sounds like a pathetic existence to get so worked up by my spoilers, but trust me, they’re out there. And they’re not happy. Oh well. Deal with it.

This will most certainly be an enjoyable season to cover. Since there’s no mystery to the end, the enjoyable part will be to see how these women react on social media, the cliques that are formed, who starts their IG shilling career first, and most importantly, who will be the front runners for Paradise this summer. Remember, the “Bachelor” cast every season for the first 4 seasons of Paradise makes up a majority of the cast. Remember there were like 13 girls from Nick’s season who ended up on Paradise, and before that I think it was like 15 girls from Ben’s season that were on Paradise. So just know going in, about half of these girls you see will be on Paradise. Watch the show that way and make up in your head who they can hook up with. Then again, until we see the next “Bachelorette” cast, it’s kinda hard to predict since most of THOSE guys will make up the male portion of BIP. So in closing, I want to give a big thanks to Arie Luyendyk for being so helpful during this spoiling season. It certainly helps my case if there’s ever another lawsuit that comes way which, as of now, still hasn’t happened. I’m sure they’re waiting til right before the season starts to file to garner more attention heading into their season. That’s my guess.

12 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

She lives in the same city as my brother. It would be funny if she was in the same townhouse complex.

And she doesn't live too far from a racetrack!

That is a small town with about 25,000  population.  I would not be surprised.  

39 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

Reality Steve has some texts from Aries former girlfriends-looks like he dumped her to be on the show.

Given everything I've heard about Arie, I'm surprised he only dumped one girlfriend to go on the show. ;)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, booboopbedoo said:

Reality Steve has some texts from Aries former girlfriends-looks like he dumped her to be on the show.

JUST do not like this guy!

I am not fond of Arie either.  However he could have been dating someone who he did not see as his future.  We don't know how long they had been together.  Did he dump her or just break up, there is a difference.  I take what RS says as rumor or a personal opinion based on hearsay, not necessarily the truth.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

ven everything I've heard about Arie, I'm surprised he only dumped one girlfriend to go on the show. ;)

There were 2 and Aries replies about not wanting to get married or settle down are very telling.

Another bogus bachelor trying to get famous and have some fun

• Love 1

I listened to the podcast, and felt that both young ladies came off fairly calm and cool about their respective situations.  Neither seemed harsh or bitter, though I just don't get the seeming desperation of these lovely young women to hold onto guys that constantly manipulate and screw with them.  Plus, they both had the tiresome and annoying "like" habit.  "Like, I just like, didn't like, know, like what he like, was like, doing, like ya know?"  

Are these girls really growing up with such poor self images that they think these guys are the best they can do, or are most guys their age really just lying, conniving tools that need the feeling of control to overcome their mommy issues?  (/soapbox)

Though I suppose Arie actually has daddy issues instead, as his is successful, skilled and famous.  Arie Sr. is a lot to live up to. 

But regardless of his shortcomings, I still find Junior delicious to gaze upon.  ;-)  I already have my wine & snacks ready for Monday night!!!

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1
On 11/1/2017 at 11:38 AM, Lamb18 said:

I just realized that The Bachelor and The Amazing Race have been filming at the same time. Interesting if there's a scene where Arie goes in for a kiss and in the background you see the pit stop where Phil is checking in racers.  Or maybe you see a clue box in the background.

Doubtful.  The Race does spend about half its time in Europe this season, but nowhere near where Arie takes the ladies.

On 12/30/2017 at 1:26 PM, leighdear said:

The girlfriend that Arie dumped to be the Bachelor, and the girlfriend that Peter dumped to be on Rachel's season.  

Where can I find that podcast? 

I was not impressed with Becca's limo exit.  I hope this changes, it is so much better to like F1. 

• Love 1

RS is out with his episode 1 blog and and his big news is that Becca will be proposed to by TWO guys in Peru.  First comes her ex, Ross who she turns down.  Then she says yes to Arie.

If this indeed goes down like Steve says, that will be the MOST DRAMATIC ROSE CEREMONY EVER.  And kudos to Fleiss to getting Ross to participate in this farce.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't remember any of them from the premiere lol. I need to go back an rewatch their limo exits.

Tia is the one who looks and sounds like Raven. She was the one who said “Please tell me you already don’t have a little weiner.”

Becca is the one who gave him a ring box (do not remember what she said)

Kendall played the ukulele

Lauren.... is blonde, that's all I got on her, LOL!

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 1

OK, I remember a woman sounding like Raven, but nothing else about her. I fast forwarded the ring box thing because it felt like it was gonna be too embarrassing for me to handle. I think I liked ukelele girl. There are so many Laurens! Which one is in F4? Lauren B, I think?

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

OK, I remember a woman sounding like Raven, but nothing else about her. I fast forwarded the ring box thing because it felt like it was gonna be too embarrassing for me to handle. I think I liked ukelele girl. There are so many Laurens! Which one is in F4? Lauren B, I think?

Lauren B is F2 girl.

I edited my above post, adding Tia was the one who said “Please tell me you already don’t have a little weiner.”

2 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I edited my above post, adding Tia was the one who said “Please tell me you already don’t have a little weiner.”

Oh, she's wiener girl! Another one I closed my eyes and ears for lol.

I don't know how I even watch this show with my second-hand embarrassment threshold being so low.

• Love 5

Aren't there like eight Laurens? If I were him I'd get rid of all but the one I like best, just to cut down on the confusion. 

There are too many right now to know who is who. I don't like the chick who went back for seconds. Not because she went back for seconds but because she was stupid enough to try to get to him first, and then pretended she thought they all had time with him when she went back for more. They NEVER all have time with him and it is easy to forget about the first girl after seeing all the others so it's better to wait for a better time slot. Also, if she's the one who got the FIR (I think she is, but I can't keep them all straight just yet) then double yuck because I hate when that "aggressiveness" is rewarded. 

I like the short haired girl because she stands out amid the crowd of weaves and she seems quite snarky. She could be fun so long as she's not really interested in him and keeps her snark snarky and doesn't cross over to "I'm gonna cut a bitch" territory. The rest kind of blended. Don't like Raven's friend solely because she's Raven's friend and I hated Raven. All I could think when the girl got out of the race car, took off the helmet and did the hair shake was that it would have looked a lot better had she bothered to get her roots done before the show. 

Arie was nice during the car greetings, but I did notice a lot of his comments were looks based. A lot of "she's beautiful" comments came from him. I also get major player vibes. He's just too smooth not to be a player. Well, except for the excitement exchange. I knew what he meant, but it was still hilariously awkward.

Too soon to tell if I'm going to like this season. I'm pretty neutral on Arie so it's gonna depend on the "ladies". 

• Love 5

I went back to see the F4 and I actually had totally pegged Becca as F1 while watching the ep so I am feeling real proud of myself lol. And I actually like her, so that's nice. 

I feel like they barely showed Lauren B. interacting with Arie (or at all really), so I'm surprised she's F2.

Edited by peachmangosteen

I noticed that after he gave out the first impression rose he made a point to sit down right beside Becca. Then he gave her the first rose at the rose ceremony.  I think he already likes Becca.  

• Love 5

Chelsea is a bore.  She's trying to pull off the casual confidence of a woman much more attractive and much more accomplished than she actually is.  She's way too old to start modelling and way too common to pull off the next Bachelorette slot.  She is NOT fetch and the producers shouldn't have tried to make her happen.  And as a villain, she's pretty toothless.  She's the type that will fold once she has to actually do something more than flap her gums.  

I'd bet Courtney Robertson would cut her off at the knees within 10 minutes.  

• Love 6

His FIR to Chelsea was producer driven for sure. When she "stole" him for the second time, he turned around and kept looking at Krystal as he was walking away. When she frenched him out of the blue he kissed back obediently, but he didn't seem into it at all. Then when he gave her the FIR he immediately went in for a hug to avoid her trying to kiss him again.

I just went to the RS site to read the episode by episode spoilers, but he only has them up for the first three episodes. He usually has all the episodes up by the time of the premiere, so I wonder what's going on. Perhaps the most recent cease-and-desist scared him more than he's letting on.

• Love 2
On 12/11/2017 at 0:01 PM, Wings said:

I glanced through the pics and saw the same old, same old too @leighdear.  I have viewer fatigue with this franchise.  I will continue to watch and post but without the same level of glee I had 22 years ago.   

Thank You for saying it, I often open another window while its on and I'm sort of posting, and play games.LOL 

The same tired lines, and CH trotting out such bull

22 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I went back to see the F4 and I actually had totally pegged Becca as F1 while watching the ep so I am feeling real proud of myself lol. And I actually like her, so that's nice. 

I feel like they barely showed Lauren B. interacting with Arie (or at all really), so I'm surprised she's F2.

I chose Lauren as his F1..so I was close. Its her boyfriend that shows up at the end.( Beccas) 

• Love 1

Beckah with the short hair (dang she's cute! too cute for this show) is only 22 years old (just turned, I think). She's not gonna last once Arie realizes how young she is. I usually only watch (with the sound on) enough of the show to know what's going on. The rest is muted. This show. You don't even need closed captions or the sound on really to know what's happening since it's the same old same old same old same old thing. Over and over and over again...

Why, why are we so obsessed? Still hoping for the fairy tale? Cause even when we "get" it? We're still cynical, waiting for the break up...Kaitlyn and Shawn are STILL together and yet we wait...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, NeverLate said:

Thank You for saying it, I often open another window while its on and I'm sort of posting, and play games.LOL 

The same tired lines, and CH trotting out such bull

I chose Lauren as his F1..so I was close. Its her boyfriend that shows up at the end.( Beccas) 

I watched those really gross pimple popping videos on YouTube. 

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎01 at 2:38 PM, Lamb18 said:

I just realized that The Bachelor and The Amazing Race have been filming at the same time. Interesting if there's a scene where Arie goes in for a kiss and in the background you see the pit stop where Phil is checking in racers.  Or maybe you see a clue box in the background.

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎01 at 6:58 PM, leighdear said:

That is SO cool!  I absolutely love TAR!  I can't wait to see that intersection.....

Unfortunately they are on different networks.  They won't cross promote even if Arie was standing beside Phil.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Beckah with the short hair (dang she's cute! too cute for this show) is only 22 years old (just turned, I think). She's not gonna last once Arie realizes how young she is.

Did Arie get rid of the 23 year old on the first night? I don't see what the big deal about Beckah being 22 is when there's a 23 year old. But if Arie got rid of her then yea maybe he's not interested in someone that young.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
On 1/2/2018 at 10:40 AM, nutty1 said:

Becca is the one who gave him a ring box (do not remember what she said)

so she's the one who made him get down on a knee and say something like "this is hopefully the first and last time you do this"?

So he's not going to be allowed to get down on a knee, huh? "I already did this"

• Love 1

Not only is Bekah too cute for this show she is the type of girl that scares the heck out of the other girls!  She is non-conforming and owns it which means she can't be controlled with usual girl-code behavior.  A gal can be stunningly beautiful, dressed to kill, and boring as heck yet, you can look at Bekah and know she is going to be unique and fun.  Very threatening combo to many ladies!  It's not just her age that makes her wrong for Arie, she has too much spunk and perkiness for him.  They both need something different from a partner, IMO.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, dleighg said:

so she's the one who made him get down on a knee and say something like "this is hopefully the first and last time you do this"?

So he's not going to be allowed to get down on a knee, huh? "I already did this"

Haha, I know. That was really an epic fail. What, you don't want him to REALLY propose to you? She would have been better saying something like "this is a dress rehearsal, see you for the real thing in a few weeks."

• Love 2