Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

Wow, those billboards! I am DYING to know who did that, someone somehow associated with the show, with Becca, some really rich fan, WHO? 

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past this show to do that. Given how all this went down, I don't think the production team have any love for Arie, AT ALL. They did nothing to protect his image but rather, they threw him under the bus, got the whole production team to climb in. ran him over, then backed up and ran him over again and again, then set him on fire just to really make the point that Arie is scum. lol I still can't figure out what he's getting out of all of this. He has money. This can't just be about the paycheck. is he so desperate to be "famous" that he would choose to be infamous? He can't be that big a moron...can he?

• Love 4
(edited)

People need to cool their jets & stop taking this all so damn seriously. 

For crap's sake, it's a bunch of folks on TV looking for their 15 minutes of fame.  Yeah, lots of hurt feelings, but I really doubt anybody is going to therapy over this, slit their wrists or become homeless.  Most will just go get drunk on a beach or on a ski slope and screw other pretty people. 

Because the only THREE people really involved seem to be doing just fine so far.  

Words of wisdom from Jason.  Amazing. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Wow, those billboards! I am DYING to know who did that, someone somehow associated with the show, with Becca, some really rich fan, WHO? 

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past this show to do that. Given how all this went down, I don't think the production team have any love for Arie, AT ALL. They did nothing to protect his image but rather, they threw him under the bus, got the whole production team to climb in. ran him over, then backed up and ran him over again and again, then set him on fire just to really make the point that Arie is scum. lol I still can't figure out what he's getting out of all of this. He has money. This can't just be about the paycheck. is he so desperate to be "famous" that he would choose to be infamous? He can't be that big a moron...can he?

Having never purchased space on a billboard, I can’t say for certain, but I’d think you’d need to make arrangements in advance, right? It doesn’t seem like you could just get one up in a matter of a few hours. Which makes me think it was The Show. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

The MN billboard has a MyTalk 107 on it which is a talk radio station full of talk shows that I'd say are geared more towards women with gossip, TV talk...etc.  Many of their shows cover The Bachelor regularly, especially now with Becca from MN. I don't know about the LA and NY billboards but I wouldn't be surprised if they were part of the same media company.

2 minutes ago, Jazzhands said:

Having never purchased space on a billboard, I can’t say for certain, but I’d think you’d need to make arrangements in advance, right? It doesn’t seem like you could just get one up in a matter of a few hours. Which makes me think it was The Show. 

I think if they're digital, they can go up pretty quickly, especially if they already own the space.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jazzhands said:

Totally a marketing move by the Show or the local ABC affiliate or someone else making money off it. Good one too, deflecting the hatred from the real villain (the show) to a dumb puppet on it. No one seriously believes Arie lined up the film people and producers and put this on the air himself, I hope.

ETA: Yep. Minnesota’s MyTalk 107’s owner also owns the local ABC affiliate: “Hubbard Broadcasting is a leading television station operator with about 10 stations in Minnesota, New York, and New Mexico. Its portfolio includes ABC affiliate KSTP (Minneapolis/St. Paul) and NBC affiliate WHEC (Rochester, New York). The company also has three radio stations in the Twin Cities market; including myTalk 107.1, ESPN 1500 and KS95.”

Well played.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Thanks for the ride guys. Will check back on occasion to see if they break up. Otherwise see you in a few months for the Beccathon.

Whether the couple would not get a potential break up if The Bachelor Break Up Curse should continue, and that could be the fourth time in four years since Chrisney's unhappy ending in 2015.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/6/2018 at 2:45 PM, MakeMeLaugh said:

If we are mad at Arie, we should be equally or more angry with the franchise and stop watching it. And one could say the people who keep nursing at the Bachelor teat are complicit too in enjoying considerable compensation from up on their high horses (cough Sean Lowe etc. cough)

Oh that ain’t gonna happen.  I loved every second of this shit.  One of two things happened-Show paid grandpa possum enough to completely make an idiot of himself to boost ratings, or they disliked him enough to edit him into a total loser.

im guessing that they led him into doing this, and he is too stupid and self absorbed to see the trap they set.  It looked to me by Becca’s body language when they met up in Peru that she wasn’t into him.  And I do believe she was embarrassed and ambushed, but ultimately got over it pretty quickly.  

So now he’s the stool pigeon.  Dumb fuck. 

show tricked him.  He got played.  I’m going with option 2.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 5
On 03/03/2018 at 4:54 PM, nutty1 said:

I liked him too, and even through a lot of this season. I was willing to not judge based on past stories. But I cannot give him a pass for this.

Here are both girls at the FRC. I for one like Becca's dress. I hate Lauren's.

frc10.jpg

Heh, I like how it seems they are walking in formal wear thru a field strewn with garbage. I didn't notice all the random articles when I actually watched it, although I felt badly for them wearing heels on a blanket path (on top of grass). I would have fallen head over heels (but not for Arie!)

On 04/03/2018 at 11:45 AM, Former Nun said:

Guess I'll have to claim my typo (since corrected).  MakeMeLaugh is correct...and the word should have been DRUNK.    I kind of like a Dry BJ though....

A Dry Bj (drybj?) sounds like someone is trying to pleasure the male partner and he just...isn't into it. And so, it will probably be a lot of work and go on forever. Just like the final 5 hours of this show.

• Love 2