Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

Reality Steve said in his blog today that the ladies vying to be Arie's fake fiancee arrive in LA this weekend and filming will start on Tuesday or Wednesday so I guess its time to get the spoiler/speculation thread going.  He also said he has 8 girls names and might release some of them next week.

Hopefully we will get some really good criers, sh*t stirrers, and wrong reason ladies to make for a great season.  If not, there is always Bachelor Olympic Games!  And the real Olympic games.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

I hope Arie will be a fun Bachelor to watch.  I think he's actually pretty skanky, but I find him adorable, charming and just intriguing overall.  I'm glad he's had a few years to "season" and mature a bit.  When the guys are too young & pretty, it makes me feel like a dirty old cougar.  *LOL*

Ben was the last Bachelor I watched, so Arie's bar doesn't have to be set very high to entertain me!

• Love 7

Agreed. I'd rather see someone having fun with the process than agonizing over it. I watch TV to be entertained and I'm not entertained by dull famewhores pretending they can't choose between two people they fell in love with in a matter of weeks. Bring on the manslut! And please, just no more with the Twins/Amanda/Corinne types. Get some fun women in there.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I just hope Arie isn't as desperate for a proposal to be offered and accepted as Rachel was. 

As far as I can tell, Rachel literally picked Bryan over Peter because the later wouldn't promise to propose to her. She didn't want to be first Bachelorette to leave the show empty-handed.

I don't think Arie will reach those levels of desperation. For one thing, he has a career separate from the franchise. For another thing, he's not under the pressure (some of it self-induced) that Rachel was as the first black Bachelorette.

• Love 2

It's actually nice to visit the Spoiler thread for once. I never want to be spoiled, but I figure it is safe in here until next week! The bad thing is, for recent seasons the show itself or features/print on the show usually spoil me anyway.  Hopefully Arie won't disappoint!

• Love 3
On 9/13/2017 at 11:01 AM, CindyBee said:

Hopefully we will get some really good criers, sh*t stirrers, and wrong reason ladies to make for a great season. 

From your lips (fingers?) to the Bachelor gods ears. I will serenade them with the song of my people. A personalized version of the Right Reasons song . "Wrong reasons, wrong reasons, I pray they're all there for the wrong reasons. Wrong reasons, wrong reasons,  I'll give all my roses for a wrong reasons season." Since this franchise has devolved into the fame whore throw down on who can become the biggest "social media influencer" I don't think I have too much to worry about in the wrong reasons area. 

I'll see your FabFitFun box and raise you a dieters tea plus a self tanning mitt. 

Edited by ramble
  • Love 10
On 9/13/2017 at 6:28 PM, leighdear said:

I hope Arie will be a fun Bachelor to watch.  I think he's actually pretty skanky, but I find him adorable, charming and just intriguing overall.  I'm glad he's had a few years to "season" and mature a bit.  When the guys are too young & pretty, it makes me feel like a dirty old cougar.  *LOL*

Ben was the last Bachelor I watched, so Arie's bar doesn't have to be set very high to entertain me!

which Ben? at least the last ben was sort of cute:)

I'm surprised the bachelor isn't more popular with male viewers. Sure the syrupy fake "i'm in it for the romance" bogus storyline is a bit over the top and therefore caters primarily to a female audience, but the first I heard of the show I couldn't help but think of it as a fantasy 'kid in a candy store' type of scenario that most every man would enjoy. 

I think the only off putting aspect of the entire series is that contestants have to be eliminated each week which sucks. I'd rather keep them all around until the very end!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, forcorners said:

I think the only off putting aspect of the entire series is that contestants have to be eliminated each week which sucks. I'd rather keep them all around until the very end!

I think it would be fun to eliminate until the top 10, then have them scored each week for different traits, tasks & behaviors.  Then the top 4 scores get hometowns, the top 3 get fantasy suites & the top 2 get to propose. That way, even if a guy has one off day, he's not completely out of the running.  

• Love 4

Steve is posting the first group of girls tomorrow and filming should commence sometime this week. Every season I always end up finding the filming spoilers much more interesting than the actual show.

• Love 3

The thing is, all the new viewers gained during Rachel's season don't know who Arie is and they don't give a shit. I've been watching every season for a long time and I don't remember him. I think they may lose viewers with this choice. 

Also, he's older now but they'll probably still cast very young women. That is so annoying. 

I'm not very excited for this season. I wish they would have cast somebody more recent.

• Love 3

Reality Steve has some of the contestants up.   So far, we have a 29 Single Mom/Model/sdmin assistant, recently divorced 23 year "photographer"/model who is friends with Witney from DWTS; a seemingly normal 31 year old from Dallas,and a 26 year old from Arkansas who is close friends with Raven.

I swore that I would go into this blind but I just cant.   

1 hour ago, LBS said:

a seemingly normal 31 year old from Dallas,

Probably got shown the door early this morning as we all know Fleiss hates normal.

2 public LA dates are coming up so it will be interesting to see who is on them.   And hopefully Steve will continue to release names as he says he has more.

From RS' column today:

I’m sure all these women are so fired up for Not Peter, they don’t know what to do with themselves. Hey, wouldn’t your excitement level run crazy if the guy you applied for (Peter) wasn’t chosen and 2 weeks before you start filming they tell you it’s someone who hasn’t been part of the franchise in 5 years, hasn’t been on any “Bachelor” programming since a cameo at Sean & Catherine’s wedding, and has zero momentum heading into the season? Yeah, mine neither. Maybe that’s why up until the DAY OF filming starting producers were still trying to cast people – even ones that never even applied! Enjoy the farce of a season everyone. Should be a blast.

This season has Juan Pablo-esque trainwreck written all over it. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

• Love 8

I hope Arie turns on the charm & sucks all the ladies in with those baby-blues and that crooked smile.  He had charisma to spare with Emily, so I'm hoping we get to see that again. 

And no matter who does or doesn't remember him, people will watch.  They always do.  The franchise is alive & well, cash-cowing all over the place and cranking out fame-whores by the dozens. 

• Love 12

The contestants are kinda meh. Don't get me wrong they're all beautiful girls. But none really standout as 'stars' but rather strike one as standard filler or placeholders from season to season. It just seems like a revolving door of girls pretty enough for tv but not quite interesting or smart enough to standout against the competition. I'm also perplexed as to why the contestants always seem so unintelligent. Which is counter intuitive since there's little to indicate that these women would be consistently below average in intelligence. If anything, they should stand out a bit at least a little for their initiative, drive and confidence. Instead, they always come across as immature, catty, and hyper emotional.

Another thing that's striking about the cast is that the women are almost always in the 25-35 age bracket. This is not necessarily what men want to see. A lot of young women are traveling or undecided about a career track or living at home between the ages of 21-25: out of college, but not yet on a "career" track. It seems an ideal time to audition for a show like the bachelor when their schedules are more flexible. Or perhaps male attention peaks at that time so the possibility of turning to a reality tv show at that time seems far fetched, almost desperate. Certainly unnecessary.

If the desire for fame, an ego boost and maybe a chance to jumpstart their brand are the primary draws, why aren't these factors pulling younger women into the audition line?

Isn't the bachelor franchise a little bit more prestigious than the rest? It must be a step above a program like big brother which seems to attract the most bizarre roid monkeys and ratchet tatted chicks available. My suspicion is that the program could attract far more beautiful and intelligent contestants IF IF IF the producers weren't so fucking greedy and actually paid them just a little bit of money. Each season nets close to nine figures in ad revenue with production costs which for all intents and purposes are effectively zero. 

I sometimes watch tv in the background or ff through an episode later, but it's embarrassing how much worse tv production has gotten over time. It's been nothing pure garbage for at least the last 10-15 years running but I'm amazed that each season of programming continues to get worse even still. There is no bottom to all of this.  

Edited by forcorners
  • Love 1

Motivated, educated and accomplished professional women (and men) can rarely just drop OUT of their careers for a few months on a whim to participate.  Those that can are sales reps for this, personal trainers/chefs/makeup folks, freelance that or "transitioning" from whatever to whatever's next.  

There is little prestige or glamour to being a part of this franchise anymore, since they crank out the seasons like the cut-rate clothing you see at "Forever 21".   Disposable, forgettable and more of a negative on your professional resume than any type of advantage.  Unless you want to be a "Social Media Influencer".  (Seriously?)

Most of these folks just do it to get in front of the camera and get a "following".  For the majority, that shallow & superficial reason is so much more compelling than becoming educated and finding a job that actually contributes to the betterment of society in general. 

/soapbox.  *LOL*

• Love 10
23 hours ago, forcorners said:

If the desire for fame, an ego boost and maybe a chance to jumpstart their brand are the primary draws, why aren't these factors pulling younger women into the audition line?

It’s already unlikely that the contestants are there to find love and get married. It would be utterly implausible if the contestants were 21-24.

• Love 7

Wow, RS's snark that dom16 posted above is really ... snarky. So he's a Peter fan. Peter, the guy who made Rachel cry more than once and sat there every time like a log bump and couldn't even put an arm around her for a hug or anything while Rachel cried her lashes off. Yeah, RS, that's a man I want in my life ... NOT. All the free scallops and trips to Europe I'd take, then give Peter a big "no thanks, see ya, don't wanna be ya" if he proposed at the end. Which he wouldn't, because, you know, he'll only do that once. And it's not gonna be on TB. And so if what Arie hasn't been "in the news" (or on TMZ!) for a few years. Haven't we all be complaining about the Bachelor gene pool drying up and we need to get someone new? So, now we have the best of both worlds, someone new for the new watchers and someone HOT for those of us who remember Emily's season. And that brick wall in Europe ...

Sorry guys, I can't edit. Here's what I should have proofed and caught above: And so what if Arie hasn't been "in the news" (or on TMZ!) for a few years. Haven't we all been complaining about the Bachelor gene pool ..."

Sorry guys, I can't edit. Here's what I should have proofed and caught above: And so what if Arie hasn't been "in the news" (or on TMZ!) for a few years. Haven't we all been complaining about the Bachelor gene pool ..."

Nuts. Now it posted twice and I can't remove one. I'm outta here ...

• Love 5

That's pretty funny. No doubt the contestant pool for the bachelor franchise is pretty inbred. 

What? There's nothing remotely implausible about 21-24 year olds looking for marriage. Most women in the world (east europe, latin america, most of asia) get married in their late teens or or early 20's. 25-35 year old single women are beyond the optimal range in most countries. Most women in the world don't wait until they are in the 25 to 35 age range; this is an anomaly by world standards, and only the 'norm' in a couple dozen countries in northeast asia, us, canada and west and north europe. 

Even the "younger women" (25 or so) seem to have an extensive ahem, "dating history" (meaning they've slept around quite a bit), which quite frankly is not very appealing. Who wants to a marry a woman when you've been the 10th, 15th, or 30th sexual partner for a woman?

All of this discussion involves hypotheticals which won't actually come to fruition. The franchise draws what it draws. Airhead men and women who can barely string a sentence together regardless of age. 

Edited by forcorners
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, forcorners said:

What? There's nothing remotely implausible about 21-24 year olds looking for marriage. Most women in the world (east europe, latin america, most of asia) get married in their late teens or or early 20's. 25-35 year old single women are beyond the optimal range in most countries. Most women in the world don't wait until they are in the 25 to 35 age range; this is an anomaly by world standards, and only the 'norm' in a couple dozen countries in northeast asia, us, canada and west and north europe. 

You made my point for me. All of the contestants on this show live in the US or Canada, and the vast majority were born and raised in those ‘anomalous’ countries. World standards are irrelevant.

• Love 12

World standards exist for a reason. Younger women are more physically attractive and deliver healthier babies. Younger women have the energy and health to raise and discipline babies as they become children then teenagers and young adults. (Not to mention that with fewer sexual partners, they are less likely to have contracted an std). The cultural standard of a white dress exists for a reason. 

The fans of the bachelor franchise have a bizarre attitude. They think that a 25 or 28 year old woman is too "immature" for marriage. This is how out of touch forum members are. 

Look at the most popular youtube accounts (aside from mainstream media celebrities): they are uniformly in their late teens and early twenties. There are even some kids with millions of subscribers. 

Ultimately, the franchise can't control who auditions for this "reality" show. However, they could screen for younger women which I think would be massively more appealing to the average viewer. 

Edited by forcorners

The cultural ideal, still, in the US and Canada is the image of a beautiful young woman who is a virgin bride in a white dress (white representing virginity) who remains faithful to her husband for a lifetime. There is a difference between what most men will SETTLE for vs. what they actually WANT from a marriage partner.

The cultural ideal is NOT a woman:

1. who has had a large number of sexual partners

2. who is in her 30's, 40's or 50's. Maybe not even in her late 20's even

3. who wants to date casually into her 30s and 40s

4. has a child, or even multiple children, but still wants to remarry and have another man raise her children from another father (while the first father pays for their support)

5. from a very different cultural or racial background

Yet, it seems as if the bachelor is inverting reality and promoting EVERYTHING that most people DON'T want in a marriage partner. Aside from the women being physically attractive (which is true in most but certainly not all cases). 

The bachelor it seems, is not as interested in MAXIMIZING viewership by reflecting the values of a culture. Instead the franchise seems to want to DESTROY the cultural values of our country through a "diversity" agenda. 

Edited by forcorners

I'm not horribly upset with Arie as the bachelor, but the franchise is definitely starting to feel a bit in-bred.  The problem is that it is a self-executing downward spiral.  For every season, they choose the "best" of the remains to be the next B'or or B'ette, and so on and so forth.  So as the leads get watered down, so do the contestants vying for their affections.  And yet, one of them "has to" become the next lead.  You paddle down this creek long enough and you get . . . desperate production going deep into the well to cast a Nick or an Arie.  

They got lucky with Rachel.  For all that I wasn't wild about her final choice, she was an engaging, able lead, and I enjoyed her season.  But they really need to think about infusing some new, fresh faces into the franchise by getting a first rate lead, who will attract first rate "hopeful fiances" and thus reboot.   

• Love 5

I saw a small clip on some entertainment news show like ET where one of the early group dates is girls in old timey race cars on a dirt track but they were all running into each other like bumper cars. The few girls I saw in that flash clip looked pretty good. Came here hoping someone posted the clip or had more news like names and pics. 

• Love 1

According to reality Steve, Arie's public 1 on 1 date last night in Lake Tahoe was with Seinne.  

Seinne is 27 a Yale educated property manager from California;  I think since she's getting a public date in episode 4, when the numbers start to drop off, she's def in the running for the Bachelorette.  Or maybe she's one of Arie's favorites so she's in the running for final 1.   Someone to watch for sure.    You can read more about her on Steve's site, under Arie's girls:

http://realitysteve.com/aries-girls/

The gang has moved on to south Florida for episode five filming.  According to Reality Steve on Twitter, Arie is on a date today with single mom, Chelsey Roy.  

Steve has hinted that he knows the early favorite;  will be interesting to see who that turns out to be.

Some of those women look so similar. This is going to confuse me if I decide to watch. I'm not on instagram but some of those selfies or glamour shots are ridiculous. Sienne is an assistant property manager of the billion dollar Irvine Company? Wow...

On 9/26/2017 at 4:33 PM, toomuchtv47 said:

Guess I'm not a cultured woman.

Lol.  I’m a troll and a rumpkin. I love this shitshow, though I haven’t seen it since Peter Brady Ben.

we don’t need no damn world standards in the Bachelor.  Whoever has been watching it since 2004 expecting anything more than what it’s giving is living in the past. 

Sorry kids.  I’m in it for the shit it delivers like no other.  With my 365 sex partners!

• Love 12

According to Steve, they're in Italy now, having been in Paris last weekend.  I'm glad to hear we're getting some good travel spots.  It would be fabulous if they went to Holland, since Arie is Dutch, but no clue if they're going.  Seems it would be a natural destination and awesome scenery with the canals.  

• Love 4

Last hometown is today.  Crazy that the season is almost over.  Steve is suppose to release the name of the girl today.

The other 3 dates were:

Tia, from Arkansas

Another Lauren B., from Virginia

Becca, from Minneapolis 

From the little I know, Becca seems like she could be someone I like.  

The 4th hometown today is with Kendall, a blonde LA girl who works in the entertainment industry. 

Becca seems like the most normal/likeable one there, which means she's probably gone next.

So Tia, Kendall, Lauren B and Becca F4.  That is all I am interested in, this season.  Well any season really but I am not all that pleased with Arie as the bachelor.  It has nothing to do with Emily's season.  I have read too much about him being a player so he seems like a desperate choice.  My impression, anyway. 

• Love 1

I just realized that The Bachelor and The Amazing Race have been filming at the same time. Interesting if there's a scene where Arie goes in for a kiss and in the background you see the pit stop where Phil is checking in racers.  Or maybe you see a clue box in the background.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I just realized that The Bachelor and The Amazing Race have been filming at the same time. Interesting if there's a scene where Arie goes in for a kiss and in the background you see the pit stop where Phil is checking in racers.  Or maybe you see a clue box in the background.

That is SO cool!  I absolutely love TAR!  I can't wait to see that intersection.....

• Love 2