Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor Season 22: Spoilers & Speculation

CindyBee
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

I've never wanted to be part of some messy love triangle. No thanks.

The way I look at it, if he doesn't know if he loves me or some other woman then he doesn't really love either of us. I would just never buy the "I was too afraid to choose you" schtick. Arie got buyers remorse because he is the type of guy who is always going to want the one he doesn't have. Once he's with Lauren he'll start looking for the next conquest. It just seems to be in his nature. Some people are just like that. He's not a twenty something kid anymore. He's less likely to change now if he hasn't changed yet. 

• Love 18

He's not a twenty something kid anymore. He's less likely to change now if he hasn't changed yet.

That's why I said Jef was probably right. He obviously knows Arie's track record.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, waving feather said:

Becca has to be humiliated but that's expected when going on this show. I don't think Lauren should be held responsible for her "pain". That's all on Arie. Even if she said no to Arie, would Arie stayed with Becca or would their relationship last? Heck no.

I think he would have stayed with Becca through the airing of the season--potentially longer if he thought he could get something like DWTS out of this show.  So would their relationship last?  Probably not for life.  I don't think his relationship with Lauren will be for life either.  But I do think he would have milked it publicly for a while even if privately he started looking for someone else.

I think this is a weird position for Lauren or Becca to be in.  While they're filming this show, it's expected that Arie could be looking over his shoulder to see if someone is better than the person he's spending time with at that moment.  In theory, that's supposed to end at the proposal where the bachelor or bachelorette is supposed to commit to one and be done.  For Lauren, it might not have seemed that strange that he started wooing her again since they had just spend the past few months or so doing that exact pattern.

But it was supposed to end so Lauren is, at the very least, thoughtless for not making Arie finish that relationship before looking to her.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Arie got buyers remorse because he is the type of guy who is always going to want the one he doesn't have. Once he's with Lauren he'll start looking for the next conquest. It just seems to be in his nature. Some people are just like that. He's not a twenty something kid anymore. He's less likely to change now if he hasn't changed yet. 

That's how I see him as well. As long as there are women who fall for his spiel, he'll continue being a player.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Mabinogia said:
17 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I can't speak for Lauren but it would be hard for me to be totally happy with a man knowing someone had to be hurt for me to be with him. 

I would have a hard time agreeing to go out with a guy who had dumped me to get engaged to another girl he was dating at the same time as me, literally choosing her over me. But then, I would never be in a situation where I'm dating a guy who is dating a bunch of other chicks with the intent on proposing to one of them after a couple months so I really, really can't put myself in these idiots shoes. I have a sense of self worth that would prohibit me in taking part in this freakshow. Not a strong enough one to stop me from watching it though. haha

Me too. I could not in all good conscious be with a man who got down on his KNEES and said "I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH" to a girl just a few weeks ago.

LOVE HER SO MUCH????

And now what? You love ME so much? Nah playa...issa no for me...

• Love 12
2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Maybe Lauren will grow tired of him too. She is much younger than him. Maybe outside the bubble, he will not be as attractive.

And this way she got SO MUCH MORE TV time...and more tabloid features will follow.

If this is true, he is a bigger ASS than I even thought he was!

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelor/arie-luyendyks-ex-is-furious-a-67859.aspx

Arie Luyendyk Jr.'s ex-girlfriend Cassie Harshman is calling him out for his lies on The Bachelor. During his one-on-one date with Lauren Burnham, the 36-year-old race car driver revealed that he lived with his ex-girlfriend for three years and that she suffered a miscarriage while he was traveling for racing-- which eventually resulted to their breakup. But Cassie has a different version of the story.

Arie Luyendyk Jr. Admits Mistake, Prepared for Backlash After Bachelor Finale>>>

"He was with me in the doctor's office when we found out about the miscarriage," Cassie, who got pregnant with Arie's baby seven years ago, told Life and Style. "It didn't happen at all the way he portrayed it. At all!"

On The Bachelor, Arie revealed that he got a call from his ex saying, "I lost the baby and when you get home I won't be there." Cassie, on the other hand, claims that they were still together long after she lost the baby. "The miscarriage was the beginning of the end," she added, "but it was a long breakup."

The worst part, however, isn't Arie's distorted version of the truth but the fact that he shared a personal and traumatic event for Cassie, who hasn't shared the news to her friends and family. 

"It wasn't his story to tell," she said. "It's so disrespectful. It's very painful to see one of the worst experiences of my life played out on TV."

"That he would use this while cameras are rolling, with someone he barely knows, to garner sympathy, is just really sad. I never even told my dad about the miscarriage. I have a lot of friends and family that didn't know, and The Bachelor is how they're finding out. It sucks," Cassie added.

• Love 20

Okay, two questions of mine have been answered:

1. The woman's sobbing and the walking out the door by Arie that were previewed? From tonight's show.

2. Was it all staged? No. Unless Becca needs to steal Frances McDormand's Oscar for the second time! Because her sobbing, her cursing, and her "Just go" were real.

Somewhere Ross is LHAO.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Okay, two questions of mine have been answered:

1. The woman's sobbing and the walking out the door by Arie that were previewed? From tonight's show.

2. Was it all staged? No. Unless Becca needs to steal Frances McDormand's Oscar for the second time! Because her sobbing, her cursing, and her "Just go" were real.

Somewhere Ross is LHAO.

I don't know..... He seemed sincere when talking to Becca so he might be ready to kill Arie. 

• Love 2

It looks like Becca has already gotten a Bachelorette makeover. Her hair is darker and fuller, her teeth are perfectly straight and white, and her eye makeup is a lot more flattering. After tonight's show, I doubt anyone else is in contention. Tia, Seinne, et. al. seem like yesterday's news now.

• Love 9
(edited)

Sometimes? Being spoiled doesn’t help. At all.

Even KNOWING what was coming I still found myself yelling at the tv to LEAVE HER ALONE!!! “Are you okay??!?” No she’s not okay. 

God that was BRUTAL.  And what a douche to keep following her. Talking to her. Won’t even give her the privacy of breaking down out of his sight. 

Even knowing this was coming I still want to hurt Ari like he’s hurting her. 

This is breaking my heart.  

‘Can we talk just a little bit?” About what? It’s like he wants either validation or forgiveness from Becca....Lord I hate this. It’s so freaking unfair to air her pain live and in person this way.  I don’t think I can watch the rest...

btw I live Hawaii so it’s just showing now...This is something you’d expect to see on unREAL...not real life. 

Edited by hnygrl
So many typos. So so many typos.
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, chocolatine said:

It looks like Becca has already gotten a Bachelorette makeover. Her hair is darker and fuller, her teeth are perfectly straight and white, and her eye makeup is a lot more flattering. After tonight's show, I doubt anyone else is in contention. Tia, Seinne, et. al. seem like yesterday's news now.

It should have been Kendall but I'm sure you're right.  I noticed the hair & makeup changes too.  

1 hour ago, Shades of Scarlet said:

I noticed the hair & makeup changes too.  

I have not watched yet, but was the hair and makeup for her filmed breakup scene? If so, she wouldn't have ever had "B'ette" on her mind at that point. Or was there something filmed after that time?

The breakup was a few months ago, so I think the "new" Becca is ready too "find love again" and take her place among the Bachelorettes.  I think she's a lock, unless SHE doesn't want it. 

Although now she knows exactly what she'd be putting some guy through, so it's a crapshoot.  It may still be too fresh to go back into that environment of cameras, no privacy and possible humiliation.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

I have not watched yet, but was the hair and makeup for her filmed breakup scene? If so, she wouldn't have ever had "B'ette" on her mind at that point. Or was there something filmed after that time?

No, the new hair and makeup was on set for ATFR when she was sitting with Chris Harrison. 

• Love 1

It looks like Becca has already gotten a Bachelorette makeover. Her hair is darker and fuller, her teeth are perfectly straight and white, and her eye makeup is a lot more flattering.  

Yes, I totally noticed that! I think she looked way more attractive last night than she looked during the previous weeks.  

The breakup was a few months ago, so I think the "new" Becca is ready too "find love again" and take her place among the Bachelorettes. 

According to Reality Steve, Arie had serious second thoughts at the beginning of the year, and I think the breakup occurred during the first couple of weeks of January. And Bachelorette filming starts, what, in March? Not a whole lot of time to get over being dumped by someone you gave your heart to... I'll be curious to see how quickly Becca rebounds, if she's the Bachelorette.

Becca to me always seemed to be playing the part of the perfect F1 candidate—I never felt chemistry between Arie and her and perhaps thst’s why she seemed so dull. So it may not be too hard for her to move on, plus she comes out of this breakup smelling like a rose (hah, get it?). If she is the B’ette, I hope she finds someone to bring out her sparkle!

• Love 5

The thing that annoys me is The Show trying to rewrite the timeline.  The proposal happened around mid November. Arie contacted Lauren Jan 1. And as I understand it the breakup happened a couple weeks later after Arie had Lauren lined up. Harrison said the breakup was a “few weeks” after the engagement making it sound like 4 weeks at most. 

So they are trying to play it like Arie didn’t know ifLauren would take him back when he dumped Becca, but putting the time line back I guess so that Arie will look better and they can promote Becca as being well over her heartbreak. 

Really awful that the show knew Arie was going to break up with Becca but they didn’t clue Becca in for maximum reaction for the cameras.  What fuckery to have to do this in front of a whole camera crew.  And was production insisting that Arie not leave and urging Becca to talk to Arie, because, Chris Harrison, that whole thing was not “unedited.”

Anyway, Arie, leave means leave.  She didn’t want to look at you and didn’t want to hear you and didn’t want to cry in front of you.   He was just sitting there like a great big lump. I don’t know how Becca kept from screaming at him to leave right the fucking now.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Stinamaia said:

The thing that annoys me is The Show trying to rewrite the timeline.  The proposal happened around mid November. Arie contacted Lauren Jan 1. And as I understand it the breakup happened a couple weeks later after Arie had Lauren lined up. Harrison said the breakup was a “few weeks” after the engagement making it sound like 4 weeks at most. 

So they are trying to play it like Arie didn’t know ifLauren would take him back when he dumped Becca, but putting the time line back I guess so that Arie will look better and they can promote Becca as being well over her heartbreak. 

Really awful that the show knew Arie was going to break up with Becca but they didn’t clue Becca in for maximum reaction for the cameras.  What fuckery to have to do this in front of a whole camera crew.  And was production insisting that Arie not leave and urging Becca to talk to Arie, because, Chris Harrison, that whole thing was not “unedited.”

Anyway, Arie, leave means leave.  She didn’t want to look at you and didn’t want to hear you and didn’t want to cry in front of you.   He was just sitting there like a great big lump. I don’t know how Becca kept from screaming at him to leave right the fucking now.

omg. im yelling at my ipad " why arent you leaving!!!" ew hes so gross. im sure if lauren wouldve said i dont want you he wouldnt be breaking up with B. she dogding a bullet. hes selfish and fake. hes not even crying. why wont he leave!. ok im gonna go and than just frigging stares at her. hes so full of crap. lanky scrawny pos LOL. he really doesnt seem to care at all. i think he figures this is what i want to im picking the other person and thats that. ive never been through a break up with no emotion like that. i dont think he truly cared for her. like he said she was the one that "made sense" and that was all. i hope that maybe this was all fake and a set up. all by producers, so she didnt really go through that. i agree she looks better live and is getting the bachelorette edit for sure. i mean come on how do they do this to her and not give her the "role"

• Love 1

From a People article about Becca, who speaks fluent Bachelor: 

“I just knew it was me — that him and I were going to be together.”

But more seriously:

“I never thought for a million years that once the going started to get tough that he would throw in the towel and jump ship and say, ‘Oh sorry, I changed my mind.’ I didn’t think we were at that point whatsoever,” says Kufrin

Just very curious imo her comment about “once the going started to get tough”—wonder if life together after the final rose wasn’t the bed of roses (hah) it should have been so early in the relationship or if the bloom was already off the rose (double hah). She’ll be just fine.

• Love 3
On March 2, 2018 at 12:31 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

I'm just trying to figure out how this situation would benefit Arie. Becca, it benefits as she's sure to get the bachelorette position when this is all said and done. If this never happened, I don't think she would have gotten it. I just don't think she left enough of an impression to get the role. This also benefits the show big time in that they don't get the same proposal ending/ other girl goes home crying situation. It is huge for them. But I just don't get why Arie would agree to this. I do think there is a lot of production stuff going on and probably paying off. But I don't know. I get that this will make for a "different season", but would it really do anything good for arie?

I think you're giving Arie too much credit, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. He's weak and indecisive. He probably told production he was having doubts and wanted Lauren's number to start talking to her again. Production then convinced him it would be great to film the breakup to add some drama to the show. He's a mope, and probably was easily convinced. Arie doesn't strike me as someone who thinks too far into the future, or think that his actions affect others/have consequences. I doubt he assumed anything negative would affect him, because he's never experienced anything bad in his life. 

• Love 6
(edited)

If we are mad at Arie, we should be equally or more angry with the franchise and stop watching it. And one could say the people who keep nursing at the Bachelor teat are complicit too in enjoying considerable compensation from up on their high horses (cough Sean Lowe etc. cough)

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

From a People article about Becca, who speaks fluent Bachelor: 

But more seriously:

Just very curious imo her comment about “once the going started to get tough”—wonder if life together after the final rose wasn’t the bed of roses (hah) it should have been so early in the relationship or if the bloom was already off the rose (double hah). She’ll be just fine.

Yes, Becca will be just fine.  

It was interesting and  instructive how Arie plays the double game.  He really is genuine with both women. He believes he loves them both, and it’s not possible for either to see through him.  There is no doubt in my mind that if he just met these women without the show, he would keep seeing them both.  Arie is simply not monogamous.

Lauren seems a better fit for Arie because she seems even younger than her age, and from what I’ve read, Arie likes women of college age.  Also, I think he can get away with double timing her more easily.   

• Love 5

I'm really interested in seeing how Arie's second proposal goes tonight, if indeed that happened.   And what the reaction will be on social media.   I can't see anything but "WTF are you doing" posts but you never know.

As for Becca, hopefully she'll enjoy the next few months as she looks for love among the Mactors and Personal Trainers that Fleiss has dug up.   

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I think you're giving Arie too much credit, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed. He's weak and indecisive. He probably told production he was having doubts and wanted Lauren's number to start talking to her again. Production then convinced him it would be great to film the breakup to add some drama to the show. He's a mope, and probably was easily convinced. Arie doesn't strike me as someone who thinks too far into the future, or think that his actions affect others/have consequences. I doubt he assumed anything negative would affect him, because he's never experienced anything bad in his life. 

And this sums it up BEST OF ALL !!!     Arie and Lauren are two pretty people.  I hope that is enough for them...it's all they have.

16 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Just go!   Just go!   Leave.   Go.   Just go!   Please leave.     ...and Arie finally got the message.       Did you notice that the first time he "left," he didn't close the self-locking door all the way.   Oh, the drama of it all...yet I still watched.

• Love 3

Jeez, between the Lauren/Becca stuff, the miscarriage lies, and Beckah's claims that Arie was messaging her after the show finished, Arie really isn't coming out of the season looking good at all.  I can't imagine any woman seriously wanting to be with him.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Token said:

Jeez, between the Lauren/Becca stuff, the miscarriage lies, and Beckah's claims that Arie was messaging her after the show finished, Arie really isn't coming out of the season looking good at all.  I can't imagine any woman seriously wanting to be with him.

There are women who "fall in love" with death row inmates, so sadly, not every woman's standards are as high as they should be.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I noticed NO engagement ring on Becca's left hand ring finger during the break up scenes!  Where'd it go???

Can't link to it as I'm at work but if you search either Raven or her boyfriend Adam's twitter, they have the clip of Becca removing her ring (if you blinked, you missed her doing so).  So I guess she removed it and either slide it to a producer or just put it away.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I noticed NO engagement ring on Becca's left hand ring finger during the break up scenes!  Where'd it go???

It was there when they first started talking but she removed it soon after, and at one point it did look like Arie had it in his hand when he was staring off into the distance.

1 hour ago, dleighg said:

^speaking of which, what was she showing Arie on her wrist when he first arrived? Did she get a tattoo? I sure hope it wasn't "Becca and Arie 4ever".

It looked like a bee or something. There was a short glimpse of it near the end. 

• Love 1
(edited)

At the 2 hour, 26 minute mark (Yes, I recorded it). you can see Becca putting her left hand down out of sight, and a slight movement of her right hand, presumably sliding the ring off and setting it to the side.  VERY subtle.  A moment later, you can see her hand without the ring.  

Maybe the producers told Arie that if he didn't break up with Becca on camera, they wouldn't give her the Bachelorette slot, where she could find TRUE love.  They had Kendall waiting in the wings, ready to mount 29 bachelors in a moment's notice, if he didn't play their game.

(And no, I don't really believe that.)

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

I really thought the big reveal was going to be Arie and the 22 year old Bekah who went missing for what 10 days.  I thought for sure he decided dating a kid would be ok.  She was kind of smily at the women tell all so that was my theory.

To this day I believe a lot of these reality shows are scripted and locked up tight with attorneys and big money.   I'm not sure the remaining women/men know what's going on but I do believe the main characters are scripted and paid very well.

Bachelor Nation is where they all want to be and become.

Surely Arie would not go on national tv with his family and come around looking like the worlds biggest ass just for love.  This will be his legacy for ever and ever.  Uggg.

Sorry but I am not buying what Chris Harrison is selling.  They are all nuts.  But nuts with lots of money in their pockets.

and I'm embarrassed to note that we are 12 pages in less than 24 hours later (and I have posted far more on this episode than any previous).

Yes, you manipulate us. Yes, it works. 

1 minute ago, the-grey-lady said:

That's where we disagree, Yorklee. I think Arie is about as dumb and interesting as a box of rocks.

I beg to change my opinion. Which goes to shows you even the ones who had maybe a ounce of goodwill towards this dumbass just lost it.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

That's where we disagree, Yorklee. I think Arie is about as dumb and interesting as a box of rocks.

In a game of chess between them my money would be on the rocks.

• Love 10

This debacle has brought the Social Justice Warriors out in force.

ABC better watch out...

They may have shot themselves in the thigh (not the foot) with this one....Getting the SJW's riled up is like poking a sleeping fire-breathing 120 foot long, 300 foot tall dragon...

There are already cries of "cancel this show! It's 2018! hashtag metoo! Do we really need this in 2018?!?!?"

They may have over-stepped a very important boundary this time...filming something every female (and male) in the WORLD has personally experienced at least once in their lives was a trigger they didn't expect to blow up in their faces, but this one might.

I think they underestimated the wrath of the SJW...