Type keyword(s) to search

Guest Stars: The Famous and...Less Famous

BBHN
  • Start Topic

The Instagram account GoldenGirlsAlumni has been highlighting actors who appeared on the show, in order of their deaths.

I noticed that some memorable actors died on the same day:

Virginia Capers (Greta, Lorraine's mother) and Alan King (Mel Bushman) both died on May 9, 2004.

Harold Gould (Miles) and Kevin McCarthy (Richard, Blanche's rich boyfriend with the private plane) both died on Sept. 11, 2010.

Alex Rocco (the first Glen O'Brien) and George Coe (Al, Rose's boyfriend who wanted to sail around the world) both died on July 18, 2015.

• Love 1

This was interesting (to me, at least). I saw an interview with Sondra Currie, who played Margaret Spencer (Big Daddy's young fiancee). She said that when she accepted the role, it was supposed to be much larger. The big emotional scene at the end of the episode was supposed to be between Blanche and Margaret, and the plan was for Margaret to appear in later episodes.

But then partway through filming the episode, the director of the episode informed her that Rue had objected, because she didn't want to spend a lot of time onscreen with a pretty young actress! So they gave the big emotional scene at the end of the episode to Rue and Big Daddy, instead of Rue and Margaret, and Margaret wasn't heard from again.

I can't find the link to the interview video, but this other interview that Sondra Currie did tells the same story: https://popgeeks.com/the-flashback-interview-sondra-currie/

If this is true, it makes me think that Rue really did have a lot in common with Blanche!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Blakeston said:

If this is true, it makes me think that Rue really did have a lot in common with Blanche!

Pretty much everyone I've ever heard/read talk about Rue said she was Blanche (good and bad, so it's hardly ever leveled as an insult).

• Love 1
On 7/28/2023 at 3:19 PM, Blakeston said:

Inga Swenson, who played Rose's sister Holly, has passed away at the age of 90.

She was very memorable on Soap, and as one of the main cast members of Benson.

I'm sure she was much nicer than Holly!

I loved her on Soap. She was so terrible to the Tates and Campbells. Especially the Campbells. But in way that was entertaining and fun to watch. Not how Holly was just completely terrible, lying and everyone minus Rose believed everything Holly did and said when they really shouldn't have. Jessica, Mary and even Chester knew to be scared of her.

Edited by andromeda331