Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: A New Courtship

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Certainly Jessa's sacklike schmatta looks suspicious for masking a bump.  Both she and Jana need new footwear, IMO.

I'm 60 years old, overweight and have had a bunionectomy, hip replacement and knee replacement and, yet, I manage to find cuter flat shoes than Jana.

This picture was from when Jessa was two months post-partum. She admitted to having a "pooch." 

I think the other set of pictures is more recent.

• Love 1

So, Jana and Laura went to San Antonio with Benessa? Why, then, did they have to lie about Ben and Jessa taking care of their own children " all by themselves"? Didn't TLC learn with the JoshAnna debacle hiding Jana in the motorhome? Remember that outright lie? Well, here's another one, I guess.  This is a truly awful show at this point and needs to go away.

• Love 13

Jana is wearing The Floral Dress with Gray Striped Sleeves.  Joy has that dress and so does Anna.  Since I am to assume these are all different sizes, they must have all stocked up on them.  I saw them on Amazon for $12.99.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill & JB both thought Jill had a heart for missions and both thought she would do fine. Because they both thought Jill could flit from place to place handing out Dum Dums and listen to a fetal heartbeat or two than relax with her feet up while her headship polished her toes.

This family is so sheltered. In my area there is a small city surrounded by suburbs - working class to wealthy bedroom communities. Many, many folks from the surrounding suburbs are nervous in the city. Jill & JB would be too, and there really is nothing to worry about.

JB doesn't know what he wrought.  He thinks his and Michelle's parenting methods turned out perfect children via the perfect Duggar education, remember.  I don't think he would recognize or admit that Jill is timid, or anything below-par standard, because he hasn't actually addressed much brainpower to contemplating his kids' personalities.

• Love 9

I hate to admit I watched this latest show.  

That "3 second side-hug" thing reminded me of the 10 second (or 5 second?) rule when one drops food on the floor.  It seems the Duggarbots never tire of sharing how Godly their courtships are.  

I do think Jessa wants to equal or top her mother's record.  That's why I think it's bullshit that she & Ben want to move away to Laredo.  No sisters to take care of her kids?  Never gonna happen.

Shame on editing out Jana, the real caretaker.

• Love 12
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, humbleopinion said:

If they hugged 7 seconds would Joe get a raging boner?

I'm really sorry I ever had this thought, but wouldn't this be the fear with kissing for the first time in front of 1000 people at your wedding??  Perhaps that is why Ben wanted to do it in private?

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Lunera said:

Jana and Laura want to San Antonio too but we're edited out

50d206d9-8392-49ca-8155-7a282199ecb5.png

Jeremy's feet! Wtf! Who stands like that other than young children?

Also, do we know specifically why they edited Jana and Laura out of the trip? I can't think of any valid reasons why they would and if there aren't any, it just goes to show us that they are deceptive and there is a lot more we probably don't know that they're hiding in the name of "Duggar Logic" in order to further their cause which is obviously "200 grandbabie$$$"

Edited by TVwithTea
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, nan said:

i noticed Jeremy's feet right off because so many pictures where I stand like this, as does my son and now grandson. I think for a second Jeremy was himself and forgot to pose. or didn't consider the second camera taking the pic.

I'm sorry I didn't realize adults stood that way. I guess we all have our own ways of standing and I did consider that before I described his pose as childlike but I also thought the same as you--that he forgot to pose or didn't consider the second camera--both of which show us what we already know and as @xwordfanatik mentioned the the post above: "Reality, my ass!" 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, TVwithTea said:

Also, do we know specifically why they edited Jana and Laura out of the trip? I can't think of any valid reasons why they would and if there aren't any, it just goes to show us that they are deceptive and there is a lot more we probably don't know that they're hiding in the name of "Duggar Logic" in order to further their cause which is obviously "200 grandbabie$$$"

I'm guessing they were edited out because of the "two kids are hard work" storyline. Ridiculous. I only had one, and he and I travelled a lot without his dad (military). We survived and even had fun--several times a year starting from him at 6 weeks til 8 years old. Even "overseas" to Central America. I hope they edited together all Spurgeon's crying and tantrums. Seemed excessive. I did laugh, despite myself, at him chucking his bottle at the duck. I thought it was just cats the family didn't like. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, TVwithTea said:

He's trying to appear shorter so the guy with the camera doesn't cut his head off.

• Love 3

I thought his feet were just doing that thing some people do when they're anxious or uncomfortable -- he's trying to hold a normal pose for the part of him that's being photographed, but the feet are giving him away. Maybe I'm projecting because I hate posing for pictures especially when I have to hug/touch other people as part of the pose. If he's trying to appear shorter, that would be a silly way to go about it.

• Love 12

As a 100% Italian from the northeast, I will reluctantly admit here on this forum that at first I thought Jeremy was attractive--that is until he started talking and TLC threw in a few ultra closeups of him. From a (admittedly short) distance and without hearing him speak, he's probably the most attractive guy on the show male actor on Counting On--at least imo.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, TVwithTea said:

As a 100% Italian from the northeast, I will reluctantly admit here on this forum that at first I thought Jeremy was attractive--that is until he started talking and TLC threw in a few ultra closeups of him. From a (admittedly short) distance and without hearing him speak, he's probably the most attractive guy on the show male actor on Counting On--at least imo.

Although not my types, I think he and Ben are very attractive. Jeremy is more mature looking but that's because he is older than Ben (not Ben's fault). 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, TVwithTea said:

Jeremy's feet?? Noticed them right away. It's a "pleased as punch" stance......so happy he's on TV and/or being photographed.

Jana was probably edited out so JB can keep the "Selling off Jana" storyline going. Gotta make it look like she's home doing all those Gothardly duties like child-rearing, sewing, gardening, cooking, redecorating, etc. I'm still convinced she doesn't do any of it.....just spun that way for the show/brokering her off.

Back to Babe....I was with some friends who were talking about The Little Couple because of the Houston storm. This led to talking about TLC in general. None of my friends watch the show, but have seen Babe on People Mag or in previews. ALL of them think that Babe is hot, Jinge is cute, and the rest of them are NOT.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, CofCinci said:

What was up with Ben's eyes during the packing segments? Looks like he has been crying or is high as fuck. 

That would have been the height of early spring allergy time in the south. 

God help me, I defended a Duggar.

• Love 12

I just subjected myself to the plane ride On Demand. The blurred out face was a flight attendant. The uniform was clearly visible. They did a good job at hiding Laura and Jana from the deplaning scene, and who knows where Production hid them during their tour of the River Walk? Did they eat lunch with the crew? 

eta: Jessa wore The Sandals for this trip. They could be seen when they blurred out her knees and even when they didn't. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:27 AM, TheGreenWave said:

I'm really sorry I ever had this thought, but wouldn't this be the fear with kissing for the first time in front of 1000 people at your wedding??  Perhaps that is why Ben wanted to do it in private?

That's an overkill. Unless you are wearing skinny pants that show every angle of the crotch -- is it really going to be obvious in regular suit pants esp. with a jacket on -- since mens suit jackets hang down quite a ways below the waist.

• Love 1
On 9/14/2017 at 5:39 PM, SMama said:

I knew there is no way in Gothard that Binessa cared for their own children. Jessa and Jill love praising MEchelle's parenting skills because they have no idea what true parenting entails. I would cut them some slack if their husbands had jobs. Second generation of lazy ass grifters, as many as the lord will give us my ass.  More like as many as Jana can bear. Also back to the blatant lying, pretending it was oh so difficult because it was one child per parent. You know like normal people. 

Wonder if Jana and Laura had to sit in coach. And hold the kids any time Jess and Bin weren't being filmed doing it. My guess is yes. 

... and all these uneducated clowns with their missions and ministries sure don't mind bearing false witness for TeeVee purposes., do they?

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Wonder if Jana and Laura had to sit in coach. And hold the kids any time Jess and Bin weren't being filmed doing it. My guess is yes. 

... and all these uneducated clowns with their missions and ministries sure don't mind bearing false witness for TeeVee purposes., do they?

Maybe that's why poor Spurgeon was so miserable. He wanted to go back to Auntie Jana. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Ooooh....my mind didn't even go there. Until now...... Damn you lol

Mine did when I first saw it. At least I thought it was a possibility. I was also thinking that it'd probably be easy for them to fly under the radar if they were. 

• Love 4
On 9/17/2017 at 10:53 AM, cereality said:

That's an overkill. Unless you are wearing skinny pants that show every angle of the crotch -- is it really going to be obvious in regular suit pants esp. with a jacket on -- since mens suit jackets hang down quite a ways below the waist.

He'd have to walk back down the aisle, though...

• Love 2