Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: A New Courtship

• Start Topic

"Now it means we can hug."- Kendra

I felt so bad and happy for her at the same time. I felt happy for her because it's obvious she and Joe already liked each other and she was probably waiting for him to ask. She was smiling (as was he).

I felt bad because how deprived of affection from a peer these kids must be. The Caldwell family probably is more naturally affectionate than the Duggars, but a hug from Mom or Dad isn't the same. Setting a time limit on side hugs on the drive home.....hot damn I guess they couldn't trust themselves. 

• Love 7

This episode wasn't nearly as boring as I expected. Had a bunch of thoughts.

Jessa & Ben: color me shocked that she said "we won't necessarily stay in Arkansas forever, if we were called to go someplace else, we'd go." At first I figured it was just something to say, but the more I think of it the more I think she may mean it. She is savvy. She realizes that by being in Laredo, Jinger and Jer are the "interesting ones" for the show bc their lives are different from the rest -- so she may want that too to keep the TLC income flowing. Plus she notices that Jinger and Jer don't live under JB's thumb -- they aren't dying to have kids asap so they're obviously using birth control and waiting; they wanted a house so they bought one with a mortgage - instead of being stuck in JB's mold house; they travel; Jinger wears pants; Jer has his own job having nothing to do with JB and thus JB can't ask him to scrub his toilets. Jessa may find all these things attractive and wants to get some for herself too. I think she wears the pants in her marriage so she is probably convincing Ben that the Lord is calling them in a different direction -- while in her mind thinking, if we move out of here, and Ben gets a job, we buy our own house, we stop at 2 or 3 kids (regardless of whether Anna, Kendra, Joy and Jill stay here and have 11 more each) and be done with it and live a "regular" life like Jinger. I don't think Jer's church is big enough to require a second minister -- nor would Jer want to share the attention with Ben -- but they may need another "minister" for another church plant in some other city in Texas. Though keep in mind that Jer only needs to provide for him and Jinger right now and all they need is the tiny 1 bedroom apartment. Ben has 2 kids and needs more income. Though I don't necessarily see why Ben MUST do ministry for money. It's not like he went to school for it or anything. Plus his dad worked secular jobs and kept his status as a nutcase so Ben can too -- his dad did construction for most of his career but then switched over cars when the recession hit. If I were Jessa, I'd be plotting to get Ben working with Austin for 6 months-1 yr -- get him some construction experience, move down to Tx where there is a TON of construction work and a shortage of employees, tell JB the Lord called you so you gotta go -- and then go raise your family as you wish.

Joe and Kendra: I don't understand taking her to the old house site which is now a slab of concrete to ask her to court. Plus couldn't her dad, sister, and his chaperones back the HELL up?? They knew that's why they were at the site -- for his proposal -- so why not lag a few steps behind so they're at least next to each other when he asks?? Was the site soooo fascinating that they were all vying to get in the front of the tour of a vacant lot?? When he asked, there were so many people around that she wasn't even looking at him?? Literally he starts saying "so do you want to take the next step" and THEN she looks at him as she realizes he's speaking to her and he says "do you want to court?" And uh Joseph if you're SOOO into this dumb idea of proposing where you were born, couldn't you string 2 sentences together about it? Couldn't you say "so I brought you here bc this is where it all started for me -- this is where I was born and lived as a kid -- so now I want to take the next step in my life here, will you court me?" How hard was it to put the two thoughts together and make it obvious why you're walking around a vacant lot?

Derick and Jill: he was totally mocking her. She went on about safety and how there was so much to be concerned about for the 100000th time and he goes "yeah like all the loud noises." And she suddenly "covers" and says "yes there are things that sound like gun shots, sometimes there at actual gun shots." We get it Jill Central America is soooooooo unsafe. Reality is 41 million people live in the 7 Central American countries combined and somehow they ARE surviving the danger AND most of them are NOT living in compounds surrounded by fencing and razor wire. I guess their fans are so dumb that they don't realize that even in developing countries, once you're inside a compound protected by 3 stories of fencing + razor wire, you're pretty safe bc criminals don't view those houses and people as easy targets . . . .

• Love 16

Just a few more things I noticed:

Why was Joe carrying the vase of roses down from upstairs? Is there a flower shop upstairs? To make a grand entrance for Jana to arrange them?  Probably to keep them safe & away from others is the correct answer.  

I like how Ben had to be prompted by Jessa what their meaning of courtship is.  How soon they forget......

It's bad enough there are rules for courtship but JoKen were already discussing them when they were driving home & Kendra was putting them on her phone within 10 minutes of being asked.  Geez kids, live it up & celebrate a while.  (I don't even want to bring up their "3 second side hug rule.") 

What was James thinking getting squished by Joy's boobs when she leaned in the truck  to congratulate Kendra?

These girls think & have the squeals of teens being asked to Prom instead of something more serious like courting which leads to marriage.  

I'm  having a hard time keeping all the timelines straight (engagements, births, etc)  I kept thinking Joy's wedding prep was Joe's since he just got married.  I guess we can blame TLC for that.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 7

It took Kendrab a few beats to realize Joe was talking AT her... Joe does mumble and talks Low (Seinfeld reference alert)...the family herded around her because the producers were wildly gesticulating to get everyone into a tight shot.

Don't think Joy's rack cleared the window, so they were safely outside the truck and not on her brother.

I want them to see the testing of the number of seconds that is safe to side hug...

If they hugged 7 seconds would Joe get a raging boner?

If they hugged for 5 seconds would his ween jump slightly?

3 seconds of hugging... nothing moving below his Mason Dixon Line...if you get my drift...

• Love 11
2 hours ago, flyingdi said:

I kind of thought from the beginning Ben and Jessa would move to Laredo.  Maybe Jeremy could offer Ben some type of youth leader job.

Is Jeremy's teeny tiny church in need of a youth leader? It seems like they can barely afford Jeremy - whatever he does when he's actually there.  This is a church who's pastor is usually awol & probably a store front for Jeremy not to have to pay taxes.

• Love 7
Just now, ariel said:

Is Jeremy's teeny tiny church in need of a youth leader? It seems like they can barely afford Jeremy - whatever he does when he's actually there.  This is a church who's pastor is usually awol & probably a store front for Jeremy not to have to pay taxes.

Having Ben and Jessa there would bring in more publicity which may or may not bring more revenue into the church.  I also think a great deal would depend on Jeremy's ability to share.

9 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Having Ben and Jessa there would bring in more publicity which may or may not bring more revenue into the church.  I also think a great deal would depend on Jeremy's ability to share.

What can Jeremy possibly share from the church?  There's no way he's getting paid much to rarely be there.  He's living off Duggar money as is Ben & Jessa.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 6

I loved the total look of shock on Jinger's face when Jessa admitted to immediately noticing what Jeremy was wearing the first time she laid eyes on him. It was as though Jessa was inadvertently sharing an intimate personal memory and even Babe and Bin were taken aback. 

• Love 3

Just watched the episode On Demand. There were a few commercials but every single one was for another TLC show. They showed the same 6-8 clips over and over. Were there any commercials for anything else when show aired originally? I don't know how this show stays on the air.

all in all, pretty boring. They really need to stop asking the dumbo brothers questions, like what language is Paleta? Greek? Latin? Ugh. Plus no Jackson? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

"Now it means we can hug."- Kendra

The other day I had the idea to do a Twitter of Duggar quotes like this one. There are so many from each episode plus from their YouTube and other sm. IMO written out and attributed, they're even more hilarious. 

"I think we're doing alright with two kids. It's definitely easier whenever we're both together and it's one-on-one." and "With two kids, both lap children, there's no passing the kids off. You got one or the other and ya gotta hold on to 'em." Jessa Duggar

Who does she think she's talking to/advising? People without kids/teens in her faith? Personally I find the show sometimes educational, somewhat entertaining and always LOL hilarious but scenes like this are too hard for me and my ADD to sit through. Oh yeah and the Paleta scene shouldn't have made it to the final cut I agree @ozziemom. I watch the show on a site called tvmuse.com so at least I don't have to sit through commercials plus I multitask through the nothing burger scenes. Added bonus is that my viewing doesn't count in their ratings. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, debbie311 said:

When Ben and Jessa were getting ready for the trip, and talking about the difficulties of parenting two children - she said at one point that she was surprised at how much more work it was to have two, especially close together.  Huh?  Wasn't Michelle popping one out every year? You would think after being around ALL those kids, ALL the time, this would come as second nature to her.  She seems slightly overwhelmed, maybe this is all scripted, but if not maybe they need to realize how much they can handle, kids-wise.

But Jessa only got every fourth blessing, so they were never that close together. And I guess when a child starts parenting before her tenth birthday, it's possible she doesn't notice if the birth mother is busy. YMMV

• Love 4
7 hours ago, loloandco said:

I loved the total look of shock on Jinger's face when Jessa admitted to immediately noticing what Jeremy was wearing the first time she laid eyes on him. It was as though Jessa was inadvertently sharing an intimate personal memory and even Babe and Bin were taken aback. 

I thought it was kind of odd myself. She kept going on and on about Jeremy.

• Love 3

So the "courtship question" should have gone like this since he had to return to the torn down rental house to ask.

So uh I brought you back here because this place holds many memories for me. We had to beg for food, we were blanket trained, wore crappy junky clothes, my sisters were molested here. Yea, good times. So will you enter into a courtship with me?

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

Jessa thought Jeremy was hot and that's why she remembered him, @loloandco.

Im not suggesting she was motivated to run off with him or would've fucked him in the closet or anything, but she saw him and did a double take for a man not her husband (and in their world that makes her a hussy). She got home and told Jinger about this hot young pastor she met in TX and I think her wheels got to turning. 

• Love 12

Why do none of them say "I Love You" - is it because they aren't supposed to feel love when they "enter a courtship".  Love comes later?  If at all?  Joe and Kendra looked like they wanted to have a big frontal hug and maybe a kiss when he asked and she said yes.  Is it assumed?  I think Joe is a very earnest naive young man.  He doesn't seem smarmy like JoshUa or as clueless as JD.  How did they tame Izzy?  He is so well mannered for a two year old.  I am guessing there were painful lessons involved.  Or many takes/retakes before the TLC cameras got it right.  

I think they are supposed to use the time to see if love develops but not say it because that would be giving away pieces of your heart. 

Joe seems like one of the nicer, if not nicest, Duggar boys. I don't get a bad Dugg vibe from him. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Annb67 said:

I think whenever Jessa goes on and on its because she's trying to figure out what a normal person would say and she can't quite get there.  Hence her need for Jinger.

• Love 10

Iz is the glue of his nuclear family...

He instinctively feels Daddy's contempt for Mommy because she is an anchor around his neck, holding him back from doing his "work" ( read as air quotes, do the 4 finger waggle)

Iz is the good boy who can lighten the mood when the black clouds and dark moods roll in over Daddy's head by acting silly or blurting out a bible verse.

Jess wants to be away from JBlob's hot whisper in her ear to get TLC to negotiate reinstating the whole family back into the show so more family paychecks.

But she is shown as the front person of the cable show and that is heady for a woman who was dictated every action in her childhood.

She's not going anywhere, the hub of the show is still in Ark, where they can crank out courtships, engagements, marriages as required.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

Joe seems like one of the nicer, if not nicest, Duggar boys. I don't get a bad Dugg vibe from him. 

I don't either. He seems very sincere in his affection for Kendra, and he's one of the few Duggar boys who actually has a work ethic and gets his hands dirty. I remember appreciating how honest he was when he expressed his disappointment in Josh, while everyone else just sang the party line. I still think Kendra was way too young to get married, but she could've done a whole lot worse.

• Love 23
16 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't either. He seems very sincere in his affection for Kendra, and he's one of the few Duggar boys who actually has a work ethic and gets his hands dirty. I remember appreciating how honest he was when he expressed his disappointment in Josh, while everyone else just sang the party line. I still think Kendra was way too young to get married, but she could've done a whole lot worse.

Joe seems a little dim to me, or maybe it's just immature. But I agree, he does seem nice. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, cereality said:

This episode wasn't nearly as boring as I expected. Had a bunch of thoughts.

Jessa & Ben: color me shocked that she said "we won't necessarily stay in Arkansas forever, if we were called to go someplace else, we'd go." At first I figured it was just something to say, but the more I think of it the more I think she may mean it. She is savvy. She realizes that by being in Laredo, Jinger and Jer are the "interesting ones" for the show bc their lives are different from the rest -- so she may want that too to keep the TLC income flowing. Plus she notices that Jinger and Jer don't live under JB's thumb -- they aren't dying to have kids asap so they're obviously using birth control and waiting; they wanted a house so they bought one with a mortgage - instead of being stuck in JB's mold house; they travel; Jinger wears pants; Jer has his own job having nothing to do with JB and thus JB can't ask him to scrub his toilets. Jessa may find all these things attractive and wants to get some for herself too. I think she wears the pants in her marriage so she is probably convincing Ben that the Lord is calling them in a different direction -- while in her mind thinking, if we move out of here, and Ben gets a job, we buy our own house, we stop at 2 or 3 kids (regardless of whether Anna, Kendra, Joy and Jill stay here and have 11 more each) and be done with it and live a "regular" life like Jinger. I don't think Jer's church is big enough to require a second minister -- nor would Jer want to share the attention with Ben -- but they may need another "minister" for another church plant in some other city in Texas. Though keep in mind that Jer only needs to provide for him and Jinger right now and all they need is the tiny 1 bedroom apartment. Ben has 2 kids and needs more income. Though I don't necessarily see why Ben MUST do ministry for money. It's not like he went to school for it or anything. Plus his dad worked secular jobs and kept his status as a nutcase so Ben can too -- his dad did construction for most of his career but then switched over cars when the recession hit. If I were Jessa, I'd be plotting to get Ben working with Austin for 6 months-1 yr -- get him some construction experience, move down to Tx where there is a TON of construction work and a shortage of employees, tell JB the Lord called you so you gotta go -- and then go raise your family as you wish.

Joe and Kendra: I don't understand taking her to the old house site which is now a slab of concrete to ask her to court. Plus couldn't her dad, sister, and his chaperones back the HELL up?? They knew that's why they were at the site -- for his proposal -- so why not lag a few steps behind so they're at least next to each other when he asks?? Was the site soooo fascinating that they were all vying to get in the front of the tour of a vacant lot?? When he asked, there were so many people around that she wasn't even looking at him?? Literally he starts saying "so do you want to take the next step" and THEN she looks at him as she realizes he's speaking to her and he says "do you want to court?" And uh Joseph if you're SOOO into this dumb idea of proposing where you were born, couldn't you string 2 sentences together about it? Couldn't you say "so I brought you here bc this is where it all started for me -- this is where I was born and lived as a kid -- so now I want to take the next step in my life here, will you court me?" How hard was it to put the two thoughts together and make it obvious why you're walking around a vacant lot?

Derick and Jill: he was totally mocking her. She went on about safety and how there was so much to be concerned about for the 100000th time and he goes "yeah like all the loud noises." And she suddenly "covers" and says "yes there are things that sound like gun shots, sometimes there at actual gun shots." We get it Jill Central America is soooooooo unsafe. Reality is 41 million people live in the 7 Central American countries combined and somehow they ARE surviving the danger AND most of them are NOT living in compounds surrounded by fencing and razor wire. I guess their fans are so dumb that they don't realize that even in developing countries, once you're inside a compound protected by 3 stories of fencing + razor wire, you're pretty safe bc criminals don't view those houses and people as easy targets . . . .

Now I know that this gig keeps them in modern modesty attire and whatnot but at some point they gotta work.  I am sure there are some Chik-Fil-A's in Texas that would hire these inexperienced kids.  Frankly I think what keeps them close to JB is the job he gives Ben.  What uneducated 20 something with no work experience except for performing like a poodle at a circus can actually support a family that is growing every year?  These 2 really have very few options.  

The Dillards have zero chemistry to me.  And they always look like they smell.  If there was a vote for Least Comfortable In Their Skin awards it would go to these two.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I always thought Joe was nice. He and Josiah are my fav out of the older Duggar guys. The two of them could've saved Joy but nada....

• Love 2
On 9/12/2017 at 8:32 AM, debbie311 said:

You would think after being around ALL those kids, ALL the time, this would come as second nature to her.  She seems slightly overwhelmed, maybe this is all scripted, but if not maybe they need to realize how much they can handle, kids-wise.

14 hours ago, TVwithTea said:

It's definitely easier whenever we're both together and it's one-on-one." and "With two kids, both lap children, there's no passing the kids off. You got one or the other and ya gotta hold on to 'em." Jessa Duggar

Who does she think she's talking to/advising? People without kids/teens in her faith?

12 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

But Jessa only got every fourth blessing, so they were never that close together. And I guess when a child starts parenting before her tenth birthday, it's possible she doesn't notice if the birth mother is busy. YMMV

Mystery solved. Thanks @mimionthebeach

• Love 1

Did the chaperone have to bring the stopwatch for those '3 second side-hugs'? Ridiculous.

Such a boring show; we didn't need the San Antonio visit at all, just more boring stuff. I thought Jessa was a bit hot and heavy about Jeremy. I thought that all along. I think she would have rather had HIM than Ben, as he seems a bit too young and still childish compared to 29 year old Jeremy. 

When Jessa was given her 'blessing assignment' from birth mother, Michelle, she had 3 other 'older ones' to help out. Now she knows what it's like to actually HAVE two small children so close in age to handle. Perhaps she'll think a bit more before Blessing #3 arrives....and wait a bit longer.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Did the chaperone have to bring the stopwatch for those '3 second side-hugs'? Ridiculous.

Such a boring show; we didn't need the San Antonio visit at all, just more boring stuff. I thought Jessa was a bit hot and heavy about Jeremy. I thought that all along. I think she would have rather had HIM than Ben, as he seems a bit too young and still childish compared to 29 year old Jeremy. 

I think a Jessa/Jeremy relationship would las about twenty minutes top.  That's how long I figure it would take to descend into a screaming match about who is in charge.  No matter her religion Jessa ain't giving up that she's her own headship.  She doesn't trust anybody else enough to be in charge.

• Love 10

flyingdi: I agree with you about Jessa wanting to be in charge of a relationship between Jeremy and herself. I still believe, though, in her own mind, she thinks he's nice to look at and she had a 'little attraction' to him. In reality, yes, it wouldn't last, but in her dreams, it could last forever.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, floridamom said:

flyingdi: I agree with you about Jessa wanting to be in charge of a relationship between Jeremy and herself. I still believe, though, in her own mind, she thinks he's nice to look at and she had a 'little attraction' to him. In reality, yes, it wouldn't last, but in her dreams, it could last forever.

Oh my. Such impure thoughts! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

When Jessa was given her 'blessing assignment' from birth mother, Michelle, she had 3 other 'older ones' to help out. Now she knows what it's like to actually HAVE two small children so close in age to handle. Perhaps she'll think a bit more before Blessing #3 arrives....and wait a bit longer.

I think that ship has already sailed.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Do you think that she is already pregnant with baby number three? 

If you check out her thread, you'll find a recent photo in which Jessa looks to be knocked up again. Her face appears much fuller as it does when she is pregnant and she looks to have a little bump. She got pregnant with Henry when Spurgeon was about the age Henry is now.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

If you check out her thread, you'll find a recent photo in which Jessa looks to be knocked up again. Her face appears much fuller as it does when she is pregnant and she looks to have a little bump. She got pregnant with Henry when Spurgeon was about the age Henry is now.

I took your suggestion and went over to their thread. She especially looked 'in the family way' when she was wearing the grey tee. I hope they can support all the children that they will have. Their TLC paycheck may not last a lifetime. 

• Love 4

I cringe every time I see a Duggar child on a blanket.

Did Jeremy answer the baby question saying, "Haha, this is a hot topic."? Like hot topic because everyone is always asking or hot topic meaning he and Jing have different thoughts about it?

I think Joe's thought process about asking Kendra to court where he was born was a tad sweet - execution, not so much.

I cringe every time I see a Duggar child on a blanket.

Poor Jill - noises. Actually the human in me felt bad for her. Its gotta suck being scared 24/7.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7

Jill did say that being away from 'the security of Arkansas' wasn't great for her. That told me a lot. She's not capable of living anywhere, even in the USA away from her family. Derick married a 'child-woman'. He has an adventurous spirit if I say so myself and likes to wander....Jill, not so much. She's an Arkansas homebody. How did those two think they were good for each other,.. and how did KJB think those two were good for each other. It also shows me that Jim Bob doesn't know Jill very well.

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Jill did say that being away from 'the security of Arkansas' wasn't great for her. That told me a lot. She's not capable of living anywhere, even in the USA away from her family. Derick married a 'child-woman'. He has an adventurous spirit if I say so myself and likes to wander....Jill, not so much. She's an Arkansas homebody. How did those two think they were good for each other,.. and how did KJB think those two were good for each other. It also shows me that Jim Bob doesn't know Jill very well.

Bc Jill would have said "um yeah totally" to Derick saying he wanted to join the circus or work at Goldman Sachs or anything else -- she was soooo invested in fulfilling her life's purpose of marriage and babies. And bc they never had a conversation alone and obv could never even have taken a weekend trip together, Derick had to take her word for it that she had a heart for missions and wanted to live overseas like him. Little did he know that she falls apart anytime she's out of her habitat.

• Love 15

I don't think Derrick likes children & is resentful that Iz was conceived so soon.  As a grad from a secular college, he should know that babies happens when you don't use birth control.  I find it hard to believe that before Cathy had her health crisis, she didn't sit her sons down & have a little talk with her sons about the birds & the bees.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ariel said:

I don't think Derrick likes children & is resentful that Iz was conceived so soon.  As a grad from a secular college, he should know that babies happens when you don't use birth control.  I find it hard to believe that before Cathy had her health crisis, she didn't sit her sons down & have a little talk with her sons about the birds & the bees.

I absolutely think Derrick resents Izzy (Jill too). I don't think Derrick is terribly fond of children, and I do think he was very surprised that Jill conceived on their honeymoon and it wasn't until Izzy was HERE he realized how having a kid put a damper in his plans to work abroad.

Of course Derrick knew how babies were made! But like a lot of young people (especially young men) that's the last thing they are thinking about when they finally have an opportunity to get laid. AND because they couldn't have a private conversation before hand, even if Derrick had wanted to discuss contraceptive options with Jill that wasn't feasible. 

Izzy is a sweet boy, and between Jill's trauma over Josh, Derrick's resentment etc I don't think he's getting the love and affection he deserves. Jill already thinks he's a potential molester. He's TWO. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Jess wants to be away from JBlob's hot whisper in her ear to get TLC to negotiate reinstating the whole family back into the show so more family paychecks. But she is shown as the front person of the cable show and that is heady for a woman who was dictated every action in her childhood.

She's not going anywhere, the hub of the show is still in Ark, where they can crank out courtships, engagements, marriages as required.

How could you forget to include babies/grandbabies on the list? ?

2 hours ago, floridamom said:

I can't ever imagine JB saying no to a suitor and this is a testament to his complete lack of awareness and intelligence. I call bs on what Jeremy and Ben said about how they met the girls. All I could hear was Ben saying "I nabbed one of those the Duggar girl$$$ and I bet I could get one for you too bro." JB seems a little too anxiou$$$ to marry off his daughter$$$ to me.

Also, during the tell all episode when they asked the kidults who was the most affectionate couple, they immediately and unanimously agreed it was Jill and Derrick who were in Danger America at the time. I'm not sure what that says but it's saying something I'm sure.

2 hours ago, cereality said:

Bc Jill would have said "um yeah totally" to Derick saying he wanted to join the circus or work at Goldman Sachs or anything else -- she was soooo invested in fulfilling her life's purpose of marriage and babies. And bc they never had a conversation alone and obv could never even have taken a weekend trip together, Derick had to take her word for it that she had a heart for missions and wanted to live overseas like him. Little did he know that she falls apart anytime she's out of her habitat.

Little did he know that she falls apart anytime she's out of her habitat off her blanket. ftfy yw

• Love 8

Jill & JB both thought Jill had a heart for missions and both thought she would do fine. Because they both thought Jill could flit from place to place handing out Dum Dums and listen to a fetal heartbeat or two than relax with her feet up while her headship polished her toes.

This family is so sheltered. In my area there is a small city surrounded by suburbs - working class to wealthy bedroom communities. Many, many folks from the surrounding suburbs are nervous in the city. Jill & JB would be too, and there really is nothing to worry about.

Jessa knows she would fail anywhere else, especially with Ben by her side. Ben didn't even know which seat in the stroller that Spurge sits in. He waits for Jessa to tell him even if he can pick up a crying child.

And the bottle in the river. I hope they threw it away and bought a new one. Ick.

• Love 13

Certainly Jessa's sacklike schmatta looks suspicious for masking a bump.  Both she and Jana need new footwear, IMO.

I'm 60 years old, overweight and have had a bunionectomy, hip replacement and knee replacement and, yet, I manage to find cuter flat shoes than Jana.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 20

I knew there is no way in Gothard that Binessa cared for their own children. Jessa and Jill love praising MEchelle's parenting skills because they have no idea what true parenting entails. I would cut them some slack if their husbands had jobs. Second generation of lazy ass grifters, as many as the lord will give us my ass.  More like as many as Jana can bear. Also back to the blatant lying, pretending it was oh so difficult because it was one child per parent. You know like normal people. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 7