Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: Loose Lips Sink Friendships

• Start Topic

On September 12, 2017 at 8:43 AM, ChitChat said:

I think that if any one of them makes up with Vicki there will be hell to pay with the others who are still mad.  I understand why they're mad, but I also think there comes a point when a person needs to either let go of the hurt and make amends, or quit wallowing in the hurt and move on with one's life.  In Tamra & Shannon's case, if they don't want to be friends with her, then quit being on a reality show in which they will be around her.  That entire storyline is getting old, IMO.   Shannon will probably feel betrayed if Tamra reconciles with Vicki.  It won't be pretty.

While I understand what you're saying,  I'd think that not being restrained and then hitting the airbag quicker would be an issue too.  Those airbags pack a punch!  I've noticed how other celebrities push the shoulder belt out of the way.  I always assumed it's either because they find it uncomfortable, or they didn't want their blouse/dress wrinkled! 

I recently had a bad accident where I met a pole up close and personal. The airbag broke my sternum. I am ok thank god, but i don't know how anyone could not wear a seatbelt. Saved my life and enabled me to snark another day!

On September 12, 2017 at 0:35 PM, beaker73 said:

I just watched an old episode of Family Guy last night where Peter doesn't understand what a roast is and then gets upset when they all make fun of him.  Basically, Vicki is the Peter Griffin of the OC.

Shannon and David need to split up.  I don't think she is capable of forgiving him for "the affair"--and that's fine not everyone can forgive something like that, but then she needs to move on.  It isn't healthy for her or her family.   

Vicki's Party...sigh...that woman really needs reassurance that people like her, huh?  She's so sad and pathetic.  On a shallow note:  that shirt dress Brianna wore to Vicki's party? No.  Just no.  Speaking of bad fashion--Vicki's dress?? Holy hell. Does she not own a mirror or Spanx? That was one of the most unflattering outfits I have ever seen her in and she's had some real winners over the years.  And Jeana? Her face? Gretchen's? Lizzie's? Kelly's boobs? What the fuck was happening?!?! 

This a thousnd times! 

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I recently had a bad accident where I met a pole up close and personal. The airbag broke my sternum. I am ok thank god, but i don't know how anyone could not wear a seatbelt. Saved my life and enabled me to snark another day!

I'm glad you're okay, tvfanatic13!  That must be a very painful injury.  I hope you're feeling better soon.   

I've been watching this franchise since the beginning.  I really don't know why I keep hanging on to it.  Vicki & Tamra go back and forth on their love/hate relationship.  That dynamic has worn thin for me.  I think Tamra will have a tough time if she decides to give Vicki another chance.  Shannon looks as if she might go ballistic if that happens.  I guess I'm a glutton for punishment with this show.  Maybe it's because I get to come on here and snark with all of you fine folks.  Thanks for the daily laughs!  Also, Vicki carrying a gun?  Um, bad idea Ryan.  Really bad idea.   

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I believe her weight was in the 170s (she repeated it enough times) and she's at least 5'6".  That would make her overweight, not obese.  Science yo-yos on what macronutrient balance is correct for weight loss.  Depending on what study you look at, carbs may or may not be the devil. It must be nice to be so sure of yourself though.  Let's hope you never gain weight.

Shannon does have a weight issue, however,even so I  honestly belueve David would be so excited and happy to come home some night and have Shannon take him upstairs and f his socks off. But she is so not into sex

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Inspectabecky said:

Seemed like Ryan avoided greeting Billy... Interesting. Would love to hear what other furniture feuds Ryans caused, there's definite dirt there. ( unintentional corny pun!)

In the Season 8 finale, when Ryan raged at Lydia's mom, Billy made some telling comments. I forget the exact words, but something like, "I am so sick of this" or "You always do this" - something that made it clear that this was not an isolated incident in the Gunvalson household.

• Love 10
17 hours ago, Former Nun said:

...and Peggy isn't someone "who didn't grow up inthe U.S."   When we were introduced to her, she said she came here when she was one.  One!  Surely someone can give us information on the schools she attended: elementary and high schools.  

Yeah - she came here at age one, and went back to Armenia at age two!  Until filming began on Season 12.  At least that's what it seems like.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Gaily said:

I may be in the minority here but I was kind of hoping that Vicki and Tamra would make up and be friends again.  Yes, the gruesome twosome were vulgar and obnoxious at times but they were also funny and had a genuine rapport. I miss those old days.  I don't feel like any of the women in the current cast have real friendships with one another.  I will say that I am really liking Brianna this year --she's a great foil to her mother.  If they took Vicki off the show, then the Alpha HW would either be Shannon or Tamra.  I like Shannon a lot but would like her more if she got a divorce from David. Watching Shannon as a newly single fifty-something navigate the OC singles scene as the Alpha HW is something I would watch.  

I was sad to see what Gretchen and Lizzie -- two natural beauties -- have done to their faces.  These ladies aren't even 35 years old yet for heaven's sake.  What are they doing plumping themselves with filler when they don't need it to begin with?  

Neither of them are "natural beauties", IMO, Gretchen is average in the looks department, and Lizzies is/was REALLY unattractive.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

What happened to Jeanna's face? She looks like she either got a botched job or she recently had work done and she was swollen. For her sake, I hope it's the latter. Vicki kept bragging about how many people showed up to her party - seemed like all of them were old RHOC cast offs. Also, I realized that Kelly's husband reminds me of Don, lol. That dress was no go for me. Thumbs on the colour but she should have gone a size bigger given the cuts in the dress. It just squeezed in places that it shouldn't and it looked really uncomfortable to be in.

Lydia has been incredibly annoying this season. Meghan was spot on about Lydia not feeling the drag event but unless it was edited in a certain way, Lydia didn't cop to it. She admitted it for the cameras but she seemed insistent with Meghan that she was having a great time until the fighting started. And if Lydia was really so uncomfortable with the fighting, why has she constantly tried to be a 'peacemaker' to people who are still hurt and haven't healed from their past issues with one another? That is a recipe for fighting. And another thing about Lydia is that she's making statements without any context. Meghan totally overreacted and maybe she is highly emotional since her baby was born but Lydia making comments without real context is only going to piss people off. Don't interject with an opinion if you aren't willing to ask questions and learn more about a situation beyond what's on the surface. First off, Meghan took exception to Kelly fighting dirty because Kelly did it with the intention to hurt Meghan but moreso, knowing that Meghan was far along into a pregnancy, to have no consideration for how your anger and vengeance may impact someone in a vulnerable condition is what Meghan was upset about. Secondly and most importantly to me, we already know that Kelly and Michael have a long history of marital issues. We already know that they've taken 'breaks' where Kelly has openly dated other people while still married to Michael. If Kelly has done it before, why in the world would it be so crazy to think that maybe Kelly is on another break from her marriage and is dating some guy she's been seen around town with? Given the circumstances, it's not an outlandish thing to consider or even ask if you're a friend...though if a friend is going to bring that up, it shouldn't be via text. What I find most offensive is that Kelly plays the victim who is just fighting back...as if she's completely unaware of the fact that she has dated other people while married.

I wouldn't mind if most of the show was just shots of baby Aspen laughing. And seeing the throwback pictures of Meghan....Aspen totally looks like her mamma.

The Shannon/David scene was so uncomfortable to watch. I don't condone what David did in the slightest but when I see a woman claim that she wants to rebuild her marriage, Shannon seems to do all of the wrong things. It's going to take work from BOTH of them. Their problems didn't come out of thin air. It's issues on both their parts that led them to their situation today. If Shannon thinks that it's David's job to fix their marriage because he cheated, then she's going to be a miserable married woman until she chooses that she no longer wants to be married to him. It's your birthday and your complaining and your husband grabs your hand and tries to offer words of encouragement and in that moment, you think the best response isn't to embrace the moment, but rather call him out and let him know that you've been keeping track of how long it's been since he's held your hand? And you think it's a good idea to call him to task on national TV? Shannon needs to get off TV and get on a therapist's couch. Those two need some real marriage counseling if they want their marriage to last...at least last in a fashion that isn't totally miserable.

Vicki is a sad, pathetic person. Homely and nasty and fat with another LOSER boyfriend.

Shannon plays the victim, is exhausting to be around, and has really low self esteem. Her husband has ZERO personality.

Lydia is an  immature TOTAL dumb ass. Her husband looks like and acts like a doofus.

Meghan is the BEST looking and has the best figure compared to the rest of them. Her baby is ADORABLE.

Kelly is a vile, ugly, evil bitch with hideous implants and WAY too much botox.

Peggy is dumber than dirt and a MAJOR entitled bitch. Her husband, small DICKO, is an obnoxious asshole.

Edited by ITALIA
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, mon berg said:

She is obese it's that simple did you not see her details when she was on the scales the episode before.

Age is an excuse it's science and proven what it takes to drop the weight and sorry but if you are yoyo you are not doing the correct things it is a simple case of watching what and how much you eat it is not only about calories but what the source of them is if you want to lose weight one of the big things is cut the carbs out this is mistake people do not do they go by the set calorie limit they have but still load that with carbs this is a no no.

Her marriage is garbage because of her you are just making excuses up I hear this stuff all the time and it always comes from over weight/obese people.

ITA! Overweight, obese people ALWAYS have excuses on why they are that way. They blame it on stress or any reason to overeat. REALLY sad.

2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I believe her weight was in the 170s (she repeated it enough times) and she's at least 5'6".  That would make her overweight, not obese.  Science yo-yos on what macronutrient balance is correct for weight loss.  Depending on what study you look at, carbs may or may not be the devil. It must be nice to be so sure of yourself though.  Let's hope you never gain weight.

At 5'6 inches, she should weigh 130 pounds. She is/was 40 pounds overweight. She made excuses for her weight gain, blaming it on others rather than herself. She doesn't exercise, yet she doesn't work. She was eating and drinking alcohol to excess. My friends and I eat healthy and exercise for 2 hours, 6 days - no weight gain and is NEVER going to happen.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, beaker73 said:

1.)  I did see the scale. She's overweight and needs to drop about 30 lbs. To me that is not obese. We can agree to disagree on that point.  

Shannon's doctor told her she had 40% body fat.  32% and higher is considered obese so yes, Shannon is considered obese.

General Body Fat Percentage Categories

Classification    Women (% fat)               Men (% fat)

Essential Fat       10-12%                           2-4%

Athletes              14-20%                           6-13%

Fitness                21-24%                          14-17%

Acceptable         25-31%                          18-25%

Obese                32% plus                         25% plus

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2

Not that I consider these women exactly a brain trust but do they not see that saying-"oh I thought he was gay," isn't a rumor-it is an opinion or a stereotype.  It doesn't matter if 50 people think because of someone's mannerisms, marital status, affectations believe someone is gay-it isn't even a good rumor.  It is like someone who drives a 10 year old Chevy and lives in a 2,000 square foot home and wears clothes from JC Penney's and considers a night out going to Appelbee's for the two for one special.  They come off as very middle class.  Then one finds out they are a billionaire-it one's impressions and stereotypes driving the opinion not fact.  The teller at the local bank knew the person was loaded but hopefully privacy laws kept her from the conversation.  So the dunderheads Kelly and Lizzie claiming they heard the rumors is lame-they heard people's uninformed opinion.  I think Eddie has a love affair with Spandex and mirrors - doesn't make him gay.  Shame on people who use it as a pejorative.  And that is what it is used as with these morons.  

• Love 17

Vicki is so incredibly needy that I felt some serious second hand embarrassment for her at her own ridiculous, narcissistic, unnecessary birthday party. 

She has to be joking about all of this or the world's greatest actress or both, but I know she's neither. I find her exhausting to watch.

• Love 14

Um, Kelly -- get rid of that grandma coat, stat!  I don't know where you're from, but nobody wears fur in the OC.  Ever.  

Tamra - girlfriend, do you think you could kinda tie up your hair a little bit while you're preparing food?  I kept waiting to see a hair slip into that bowl you were doing a not-so-good job of using the beater on (NOT blender!).  Seriously, did she put the whole cheesecake into the oven??

Is petulant and snotty a turn-on for Dickran?  Cuz Peggy's giving it to him in spades all the time.  Poor thing, she has everything she can do to know about report cards and what kind of parsley to buy at the grocery store.  These things are so much more important than being able to converse.

The last time Jeana was on the show, she looked as if she'd had work done, but the good kind.  Her face looked subtly tighter and more youthful.  But this time, her face got blown up big-time.  It might settle into something good, but jeez -- she must have chosen the wrong procedure(s).  

Hardly recognized Lizzie, too.  It's not just the straightened hair (which I don't think does her any favors), looks as if she's lost about 30 lbs.  I wonder if her hubby gets a boner now? 

And Gretchen had to be channeling Ginger from Gilligan's Island with her over-dressed, over-done everything.

NEXT WEEK: Looks like dinner at Medeival Times in lovely Buena Park! Yippee!! What a classy joint.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ITALIA said:

At 5'6 inches, she should weigh 130 pounds. She is/was 40 pounds overweight. She made excuses for her weight gain, blaming it on others rather than herself. She doesn't exercise, yet she doesn't work. She was eating and drinking alcohol to excess. My friends and I eat healthy and exercise for 2 hours, 6 days - no weight gain and is NEVER going to happen.

Lol. You had better hope that you don't incur an injury or illness that prevents you from exercising 2 hours a day, 6 days a week. Your body will be so used to that routine and burning of calories, that you will pile on the pounds faster than Shannon. 

• Love 24

Meghan cries about leaving her baby to take a hike with Lydia, poor thing has to sacrifice and leave her baby with a bottle. What about all of the other filming she does, leaving her baby to deal with a bottle? What about Iceland? Is she crying about leaving her baby then?

She makes no sense.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ITALIA said:

When Shannon started to lament about her weight gain she was 118 pounds.  At 5'6" that is pretty slight.  Shannon isn't blaming Vicki per se, for her weight gain, she is saying she let Vicki's comments get to her.  BTW when Shannon was 134 pounds she claimed it was happy fat from going out with her family and enjoying food.  I beg to differ but a woman of 5'6" is between 123 lbs and 154 lbs.  So given the fact at the last public weigh in she had gone from 172 to 157 she is pretty darn close to normal weight.  I just don't think that 130 lbs. is the end all for women 5'6".  After stating that congratulations on your regime and result.

While I applaud you for committing to a two hour a day work out for most it is not that practical.  Shannon does work being a RH, when you are part of the PR squad is a job.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I don't know why so many are so set on labeling her as obese.  Does it really matter?  She's already shed about half the weight and looks great.

I didn't label her as obese, her trainer did.  I would take his word as someone who knows Shannon personally over any speculation on this board.  And we're talking about her weight on the show, not what she is now. 

• Love 1

I saw part of the rerun again this evening.  I'd "missed" seeing Vicki's red dress on the previous viewing.  Good grief, does she have fun house mirrors installed in her home?  That dress couldn't have been comfortable to wear either, with the way it seemed to be cutting into her (the bra strap portion along the back).  It reminded me of when I would wear a bra that was just a little too snug, and regretted it until I could take it off.  It was just too tight everywhere.  She's not fat, but it made her look dumpy and lumpy.  

I noticed how Vicki stressed how of course she'd have Ryan there, he's family, and she wanted him there.   Seemed like she was going overboard with that.  Why would anyone question why he was there?  Briana was there, he's her husband, Vicki's SIL.  It sounded like she was justifying his presence, maybe not just to the viewing audience, but to herself.  

Michael didn't look that thrilled to be there, like it was compulsory, he'd put in his time and then vamoose!

I will have to watch again to see Brianna's "shirt" at the party.  

• Love 1
On 9/13/2017 at 4:38 AM, WireWrap said:

From the little we saw of that text, Meghan asked her if what she had been told was true and then she told Kelly who told her (Meghan) the rumor. It wasn't as if Meghan accused Kelly of cheating in some random text like Kelly accused Jim of doing in her retaliatory text back to Meghan.

The other thing that could possibly change the tone of the texts was that Kelly has been very vocal about her marriage issues and that they had been contemplating divorce.  That bit of info changes things. She was dating someone else prior to coming onto the show, IIRC so it wouldn't have been absurd or awful for Meghan to bring it up.  

• Love 6

After reading the comments I had to re-watch and decided to take screenshots of the most memorable images. Vicki in her unflattering red sausage dress:

FullSizeRender 4.jpeg

IMG_9754.jpeg

IMG_9756.jpg

IMG_9767.jpeg

Briana's super short dress, Jeanna Keough then vs. now and Vicki's sister who is quite attractive without having all the weird work (chin implants) that Vicki has.

IMG_9750.jpeg

FullSizeRender 8.jpg

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

IMG_9768.jpeg

FullSizeRender 15.jpeg

and finally a flash back photo of Vicki! 

FullSizeRender 12.jpeg

Edited by PickleDeeDee
  • Love 13

yikes - Jeana looks like Roseanne Barr (or whatever her last name is now) in the face.  I liked her though.

Retchen looks weird and stony but I remember her looking like that during her last season.  A shame bc she was actually quite pretty in the beginning.

Omg I misspelled Gretchen but keeping it Retchen LOL it fits

• Love 9

I've watched this particular episode 2× and I still haven't been able to stay focused long enough to notice so many things!

Like: Brianna's mini shirt/skirt that barely covered the biggest thighs I've ever seen.And the high heel ankle boots! I did however, notice her fugly husband.

Meghan's body looks great in the above posted pic but her boobs look very saggy. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Jextella said:

Shannon - It hit me when Shannon and her husband were talking about holding hands.   That conversation was all about a) her and b) how David isn't meeting her needs. David stepped out, but there was a reason he left home.  It takes two to tango, and Shannon doesn't seem to be doing her part at addressing why he strayed.  If she really wanted this thing to work, it seems to me she'd make more of an effort.  Instead, all she does is whine about how it's not working.  I honestly she think she wants out of the marriage as much as David.  She just needs a scapegoat to make it happen.  

This all day long.

Did anyone notice in Shannon's TH that she said she felt like their relationship had slid back to where it had been BEFORE the affair? I thought this was telling, and an important reminder that they had been unhappy for a long time. Way before he ever stepped out on her. I know that some think she will never get over the affair. I don't really think that is it. I think she could easily get over the affair if David was paying attention to her and giving her the constant attention and affirmations that she needs (she is so incredibly needy).  After the affair he was paying attention to her. Trying to convince her that he loved her, throwing the surprise vow-renewal deal. She was getting his attention and she liked it. Maybe getting that kind of attention for the first time in a long time. And now she is not. And he told her why that is the case. Because she cannot let the Vicki thing go, uses it as an excuse to eat, drink, and be miserable. Wants to talk about it all the time. What is he supposed to do about all of that? He said he doesn't care about what Vicki said, and he is the one who comes out looking poorly in Vicki's story. He wants to get on with his life and be happy. Yet she allows it to take her over. Makes me wonder how often she has done this in their marriage. Let something cause her great stress. Maybe the stuff with his mother and his family that we saw last season? My guess is that at 50 something she didn't just suddenly become this person. It was probably always there, and it was probably always exhausting. 

• Love 13
49 minutes ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

ITA. Who cares if she is overweight or obese? In a perfect world, Shannon would realize her marriage is over and count her blessings. She's wealthy, she has two healthy girls who love her, supportive friends, and her divorce IMO has great potential to be at least somewhat amicable as David doesn't want to hurt their kids or see Shannon humiliated.

I was trying to figure out which of Shannon's daughters was unhealthy and didn't love her and if I'd fallen asleep or fast forwarded or left the room during something and then laughed because I obviously need to go back to bed. 

• Love 5
On September 12, 2017 at 5:56 PM, LIMOM said:

^^

agree 100% with you that both Tamra and Eddie might be bi. She was involved with a hot personal trainer Fernanda, I think?

In anycase, wtf cares? They are getting along great. Eddie is super supportive of Tamra and her family without being a yes dude.

It is a total nonmotherfucking factor, imo. And Vicki needs to mind her own business. 

Speaking of Vicky, during the rerun of the old épi in preparation to the return of Gretchen, I saw the reunion with the bitch Brianna ragging on her mom and Broke. Those two have zero boundaries and psycho Ryan taping Broke was beyond disgusting. (It was before the second cancer scandal).

who Vicky let fill her endless love tank is none of Brianna's business. Busybody bitch.

Vicki new man is kind of hot....

I agree. If I recall correctly, tamra tried to make the Fernanda thing some sort of storyline, but tamra ended up being a big tease about it, and in my opinion, exploitive and insulting. She was coyly pretending to be dabbling in the lady pond -TM andy Cohen. Then backed away when Fernanda started to show genuine interest. Yuck on tamra, again! I think it actually ruined Fernanda's real relationship. 

Also, didn't tamra dig up ole' Easter Island Head, aka Lauri, so Lauri can dish about a non-existent threesome of Vickie's? Yuck again! Please, these bitches bring people on non-stop to throw crap at each other while they sit by, wide-eyed and innocent. None of them are above reproach. And speculation on each other regarding affairs, being gay, having threesomes, not paying child support on dying children, cheating on dying finances, etc. is why they get paid the the big (dirty) bucks. 

None of them are above reproach. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I thought "slang" was both singular and plural?Yeah, this is what Peggy-speak reminds me o

LOL, our extremely eloquent English major said "I don't understand slangS".  I do believe that is when I finally declared, "I CANNOT with her!!"

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Former Nun said:

All of these "ladies" would probably be drummed out of the corps if they slipped into something size-appropriate.   We're seeing a lot of sagging boobs and poochy bellies that would be so easily camouflaged...also in designer duds.  (I liked that Vicki's lipstick matched her dress...but not that it was bleeding out (not the dress).

It was strange at first to see some of the NYC ladies, all buttoned up and in their turtlenecks.  (well, not Ramona but...)

• Love 2
19 hours ago, LIMOM said:

BRiana can't really help herself with the weight gain, as she has both thyroid issues and lupus.

In addition, she is a big boned girl, being a size 4 is just not in the cards for her.

While I am not always a fan of the way that she treats her mother and vice versa, it is great that she maintains her career.

she was kinda thin in HS though, wasn't she?  I know it's definitely harder to watch your weight the older you get.  I also think that with two kids, you're kind of just eating whatever they are, and you're eating on the fly.  There's also not a hell of a lot of time for exercise.  Her health has a lot to do with it, I'm sure!

and I can't find the quote now, but someone said "what happened to Jeana's face?"  now, I'm 48 years old, and let me tell you, in certain light I feel like I look it!  And I really can't afford Botox/fillers and the like anyway, plus I'm in the suburbs with regular ladies and we all just look like regular ladies.  At certain times I think, oh, if I got a windfall I'd take care of these two little lines between my eyebrows...but what if that resulted in people saying "What happened to T's face?"  I guess I'll just be a 48 year old regular lady...oh well!!

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

My parents never made more than 30,000 a year. Drove a 30 year old car, had clothes from the thrift shop, shopped sales and used coupons. Imagine the surprise when they went into a nursing home and I found out how much $ there really were! Now I'll never get much of it but Thank the Goddess they did save because they are living out their last years in comfort in a 5 star nursing home. You NEVER know who has $ and who doesn't but as a general rule, the quieter they are about money the more they have. You never know!

I'm happy for your parents that they saved and budgeted for their later years so that they could live in comfort. 

Very true about the people who have real money have no need to show it. I know a multi-multi millionaire who drives a 15 year old Jeep. Nobody would assume this person has a ton of dosh. This person claims that when ppl know that you have money, more of them like you because of the $$, not their personality. They weed a lot of false friends out by just living a modest life. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Not that I consider these women exactly a brain trust but do they not see that saying-"oh I thought he was gay," isn't a rumor-it is an opinion or a stereotype.  It doesn't matter if 50 people think because of someone's mannerisms, marital status, affectations believe someone is gay-it isn't even a good rumor.  It is like someone who drives a 10 year old Chevy and lives in a 2,000 square foot home and wears clothes from JC Penney's and considers a night out going to Appelbee's for the two for one special.  They come off as very middle class.  Then one finds out they are a billionaire-it one's impressions and stereotypes driving the opinion not fact.  The teller at the local bank knew the person was loaded but hopefully privacy laws kept her from the conversation.  So the dunderheads Kelly and Lizzie claiming they heard the rumors is lame-they heard people's uninformed opinion.  I think Eddie has a love affair with Spandex and mirrors - doesn't make him gay.  Shame on people who use it as a pejorative.  And that is what it is used as with these morons.  

That's the word I was trying to remember! "Pejorative"!

11 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

NEXT WEEK: Looks like dinner at Medeival Times in lovely Buena Park! Yippee!! What a classy joint.

It wasn't a normal dinner?

23 minutes ago, teapot said:

LOL, our extremely eloquent English major said "I don't understand slangS".  I do believe that is when I finally declared, "I CANNOT with her!!"

Ohhh, OK! Can you tell how little attention I pay to Peggy? :-D

• Love 1

That red dress on Vicki. Need I say more? 

I am getting sick and tired of these hoes refusing to film together, so they have to dig up the corpses of Jeanna, Gretchen and Lizzie, just so someone will come to Vicki's party. If they won't film, they need to be fired. 

I thought Barton G was cool for 5 seconds, until they brought out their meals on giant props. Ugh gimmicky. No thanks. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

I'm getting kind of sick of this attitude that Shannon should be a size 2 and if she doesn't she's lazy, doesn't exercise, eats the wrong things, etc. ENOUGH! She is a over 50 woman who has kids and a really rocky marriage. If you want to be all high and mighty about your weight please, be my guest, but lay off Shannon. (And I don't even like her) I'm 5"7 and wear a size 14. I am NOT obese or fat. I am a 59 year woman who has earned the dammed RIGHT to eat doughnuts if I want! And I dare anyone to get in my face and call me fat TO MY FACE! Guaranteed they would get throat punched. (Not really but I would roll my eyes so far they'd get stuck, then I d walk away. Can't change stupid.)

I think that the reason Shannon's weight is an issue is because it is an issue to her. She is the one who has the big problem with how she looks, and is looking to throw the blame around. If Shannon were to proclaim proudly that she was who she was, the size she was, liked herself and felt it was all worth it to eat and drink what she likes, I don't think most would have an issue with it (well, only speaking for myself).  I would say "you go girl" if she said that she wanted to drink all the vodka she liked and eat whatever carbs she craved and didn't care what anyone else thought about it. But Shannon seems to be the one making a thing out of not being thin. As if not looking like she did in the past is reason enough to be miserable. She is the one acting like being a bit plump is some sort of a crisis. The burden is all on her. 

Edited by gundysgirl
  • Love 5
On 9/13/2017 at 2:06 AM, Eater of Worlds said:

I'm really behind and haven't read anything yet.

But Peggy, wearing your seatbelt like that, you're gonna die.  But you'll save us all from eternal boredom if you do.

Darwin's law!  This reminds me of that old website - the Darwin Awards.

21 hours ago, LVmom said:

Just now catching up. I think Brianna looked fantastic at Vicki's party. Very nice! I think the nitrogen restaurant looks like fun. 

Ehhh nooo!  She looked awful in that dress.  It is all wrong for her body type.  

• Love 7

Shannon loves to be the victim.  She wants everyone to cater to her and feel sorry for her at all times.  She has all of those quack doctors and weird treatments to fill her need for constant attention.  I also think she becomes unhinged and abusive when David doesn’t behave like she wants.  I think this is why he shuts down and used his daughter as a go between.  I don’t think he did the right thing by having the affair and using their daughter, but he seems like someone who is very afraid of the reaction of an abusive person.  I think he is held in emotional and possibly physical blackmail.  He probably has concerns about what would happen if he does leave.  I get the feeling he is hanging in there until the kids are grown and have some choice on whether or not to be around their mother.  Personally, I think he needs to get some professional support and leave now.

• Love 8

I dislike criticizing women for gaining weight- especially when a medical condition is involved. I have done my share of yoyo dieting and have gained and lost the same 25 -30 pounds several times over the last 10 years. However, a large woman like Briana should realize that a skimpy shirt dress is not the best outfit choice-especially when you are on tv. If Briana would make clothing choices that suit her size and build she would probably look great. That "dress", though....?!,!

vicki's sister must be close in age to her and yet looks natural, and attractive. Vicki's plastic surgery choices are starting to revolt against her. 

• Love 11