Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E23: Live Show Finale

Drogo
  • Start Topic

The top 10 and they are all talented in their own way, but some performed better than others.   But, first, we have to get to the matter of how the acts stand as this show starts...

The oddsmakers basically have Darci as the favorite and Angelica as the second favorite.  According to them, everyone else is a longshot.   I have to agree.   Both have performed well enough to win and have big fan bases.

So, to upset them, someone has to hope the two favorites slip up and they hit one out of the park.   So, for me, if I was anyone but them, I would go for it.    So, did anyone do that....let's see....

*** Preacher Lawson....as someone mentioned the image froze and I missed his whole act, so I won't rank him, but it's highly unlikely I would have put him in the top 6.

9.  Sara and Hero....love the dogs, but this is for all the gold.  There were some slipups and in this field that can't happen.  It's not likely they would have won even with an incredible act.  

8.  Chase...he sings good, but that song was not going to win this show.

7.  Kechi....deserves credit for her courage, but I thought this was not her best performance. 

6.  Evie....touching and moving performance, and she did everything she could do, but this is a tough field.

5.  Light Balance....so much fun and original.   Probably won't win.

4.  Diavolo....the most original act this year.   If someone could upset the singers, it might be them.

3, 2, 1.....Darci, Angelica, and Mandy....I simply can't pick between them.   Darci was her usual incredible self.   Angelica sounds great no matter what she sings.   And Mandy's best performance and she looked great. 

Who I am rooting for....Angelica, my home girl, but I really like Darci and Mandy and would be okay if they won. 

Who will win....It seems like it's Darci's to lose and she didn't do anything last night to prevent that, although Angelica may nip her in the end.

It will be very emotional I'm sure.  

31 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

Something I wish the judges would stop doing is giving standing ovations. The judges should be objective. Let the audience give the standing O's.

The funny thing about that is that Simon was constantly criticized for almost never standing up on Idol.

11 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I get what you're saying, but I feel like the technical difficulties were not Light Balances fault though, but AGT's.  I'd think that, with their own show and their own crew, that they'd not have these types of problems.

To me, that seemed more like the version that was sung by Joe Cocker, which is the ONLY Beatles cover I like better than the original version. 

Oscar and Petunia did channel their inner Joe Cockers, which somehow made it even all the better!  I swear, when Darci Lynne introduced the song as having been written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney, tears came to my eyes and I spent most of the time watching with my hands over my mouth, I was that taken away.  Darci Lynne is a precious gal.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, bluepiano said:

As someone who lives in a city that has a population of mentally disturbed street people in need of help, I found his "routine" appallingly unfunny and borderline in bad taste. And for Howie to then compare him to true comic geniuses like Richard Pryor and Charlie Chaplin (??) made me want to barf. I get that he's always pimping the comics, but please Howie, have some dignity.

Agree on Darci. This was the first time I saw some evidence of nerves, during the talking segment of her act, but the singing was impeccable as always. I never thought I'd want a kid to win again, but to me she's head and shoulders above everyone else. I do think that Mandy is talented, but were it not for her back story, she would be kind of a middle of the pack singer on The Voice.

I noticed that the judges have stopped saying "is this a Vegas act?," because there's no way that a bunch of people out for a night of partying in Vegas could sit for 2 minutes listening to Evie's depressing dirges. Or Chase's pretentious sensitive tweener bit.

Judge talking to variety act/magician: "You're what this show is all about. You can't see this kind of act on any other show. You're what makes AGT great."

Judge when choosing who to save: "I have to go with my gut and pick the singer."

This is the first season I can remember without a magician or mentalist in the top 10. Half of the top ten are singers, 60% if you include Dari. My ideal balance would be not more than 2 singers out of 10 finalists. This show is fast becoming The Voice with an occasional dog act thrown in.

Or a pint-sized princess singing adult songs, screwing up her face to belt out those tunes.  Seriously, would you want to sit through a two-hour show of any of that?  Would you buy a CD of a kid singing?

Just now, CelticBlackCat said:

Or a pint-sized princess singing adult songs, screwing up her face to belt out those tunes.  Seriously, would you want to sit through a two-hour show of any of that?  Would you buy a CD of a kid singing?

I also agree with the sentiments about the mental illness in street people.  I'm in a big city too with the same problem.  I've witnessed it myself and it's not pretty.

10 hours ago, jmonique said:

Darci's quite talented, but I wouldn't be surprised if Angelica finishes higher than has been expected in the thread. As a half-Asian, I'd say don't underestimate the way we'll get behind the few Asians that make it this far on reality shows. Consider it the Jasmine Trias Theorem. 

I take any performer's race, heritage or skin color into the consideration it merits:  none.

6 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

Do they tell the audience (except the judges) to stand up when the show is back after commercial break?

When I went to the ones at NJPAC and Radio City Seasons 7-10 they had a comedian between commercial breaks and he would hand signal when to stand, clap, etc. I'm sure its the same at Dolby.