Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E05: Descending Into Good And Evil

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I'm depressed because Brandon is so clearly The Chosen One and is going to win and I DO NOT GET IT. His stuff always looks like a hot mess to me. He seems like a lovely person, but ... just no on the designs.

Of course, nothing has been as much of a hot mess as Aaron's. Yikes.

Kenya should have won. If you make the judges applaud, you should win.

All in all, this is a very lackluster group. To have so few really well-done garments on a two-day challenge is sad.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Bebecat said:

I thought Kenya would win, or Michael. Really did not get all the love for Brandon's. E gads I hate,the twins. They are intolerable in every way, and not original or especially talented. I wish they were both history. I feel like there is no reason for them to still be around except some pending drama.

Except that there has always been a design just a bit more hideous than either twin. Imagine that. A bad day for an actual designer, is the twins giving their best collective effort. 

• Love 16
48 minutes ago, dosodog said:

At one point I felt she was upset about the challenge idea itself-not really real world clothes.  But she began including never designing clothes for larger woman and she wants to make clothes to make women feel awesome. 

And suddenly. It felt like a plus size gal was an obstacle to making awesome clothes.

I'm going to have to watch again to see if I was projecting and or overly sensitive. 

I got that too.  Apparently plus sized gals aren't allowed to wear clothes that make us feel awesome?  She did an amazing job, so she got over it, but going on and on about "making women feel awesome..."  it bugged.  It also bugged because it felt like she somehow couldn't make a gown because you don't feel awesome in a gown? I didn't get it.  That being said, I did like hers better than Michael's if we're comparing plus sized to plus sized. 

It's petty, I confess, but I find I have an irrational hatred of when Claire wears the black visor. It's dumb. 

I'm with the group that doesn't understand Brandon. Kenya's model should have won, but it also reminds me vaguely of something Prince wore in the 80s. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, rustyspigot said:

Aaron looks like he smells. Anyway, the other designers had to know it was a free pass week.

Oh, Claire. I love when her critiques of other contestants get praised by the judges. Even if I don't agree.

Can the twins get advice on lipstick color for themselves from the "experts" please?

Kenya reacting multiple times to the Twin Tornado in the sewing room made me laugh. 

To all of this, except I don't think Aaron looks like he smells. And I thought his black lace camisole was really cute on him in his talking head.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, notcreative enough said:

Do you know what absolutely love. Hearing the twins crap on other designers looks and those same looks being in the top. It's even sweeter when one of them is in the bottom. Claire looked livid during her critic like she was doing to go crazy on those Disney kids.

Every week without fail they rag on the top three designs. They have atrocious taste. 

• Love 11

I liked Brandon's, but Kenya's was divine. If some star wore that to an awards show, she would be my fashion hero. Kenya not only has great designs, her construction is almost always impeccable (last week was an off week for her). She's my fave.

• Love 15

I think this was a two day challenge because they had to go out to Lyndhurst, do the shoot, then to Mood, then back in the workroom.  I don't think they actually had a lot of time in the workroom on the first day.  Of course, two days is still a benefit because they can think about what they're going to do all night and have more time in the workroom so the looks should have been better for some, but I think the location shoot was a factor in making this a two day challenge.

• Love 15

Kenya's design owned that runway.

I don't think much of Brandon and his "I've never designed women's clothes" aesthetic.   Tonight his colors were drab, his design nondescript.   I haven't liked anything he's made so far, and his personal look is second only to Aaron's in absurdity, like bad '80s MTV.   To see him win over Kenya tonight was painful, not only because her design was far superior but because her smile had been so bright and hopeful.

Claire is not fair of face, and apparently far less attractive on the inside.

The question I asked aloud this week is "Why is Liris thanking the judges?"   

• Love 15

The twins in the workroom = one long blooper reel

They don't save any time rushing and running, because they just end up falling or dropping stuff or knocking things over.

spoiler:

Spoiler

The models choose the designers they want to work with in the next episode.  They pick the twins last and third to last. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 10

Looks like Amy raided Mrs. Roper's closet for that coat. 

I agree that Batani and Margarita deserves to be on the top. 

Brandon's grew on me, but I'd have preferred a different pattern and/or color scheme for the dress part.

My second hand embarrassment for Aaron and his model was so bad, that I had to cover my face whenever they were on screne.

• Love 9

Those twins can only be there to provide drama since neither of them can come up with anything interesting. They're all talk with no skills or creativity. She'd darned well better grovel and say thank you because she deserved to be eliminated more than once so far. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, gingerormaryann said:

Magnificent job by Brandon.  Everyone else went for a completely cliche good/evil but as the young actress pointed out, he made something for a Disney street heroine.  I thought it was an interesting feminine take on a white shirt and tie with the skirt approximating the fabric of the tie.  Side boob or no side boob, if Disney had an Urban Fairy tale and the actress came onscreen wearing this, you'd know immediately she was the good girl.

It reminded me of a modern day Paper Bag Princess, and I agree he did a magnificent job.

• Love 11

Well, this week it was Claire who I couldn’t stand, Shawn gets a pass, but it must be exhausting to be around the twins.

Outfits I Liked:

Shawn (gasp!), Kentaro. Margarita, Kenya

Outfit I thought was OK:

Batani

Outfits I Didn’t Like:

Brandon – How did this win?

Aaron – WTF was that? – I knew he was going home as soon as I saw it.

Michael – I don’t like short dresses under long see through, hate the headdress

Amy – didn’t like the cape thing

Claire – forever 21 prom dress

Ayana – The pieces just didn’t go

Samantha – just badly made

• Love 2
4 hours ago, awaken said:

I wonder what determines whether it is a one or two day challenge? There doesn't seem to be any correlation with how complex the challenge is! 

I think they got two days just because they had to make the trip to the castle and then to Moods. I noticed they didn't get in to the work room till 3.30 pm so they couldn't possibly have give them only 6 hours.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Snickerdoodle said:

I can't believe Brandon won.  The sleeves?  The whole thing reminded me of the shirt Denise makes Theo on the Cosby show.  I didn't like it at all.

Anybody who makes a Gordon Gartrell reference can sit by me. Brandon is officially my nemesis for the season—nice kid, but his fashion vocabulary seems to be limited and his taste in prints is...unspectacular. I guess peplums have finally fallen out of favor on this show, because I can't think of any other reason Kenya's outfit didn't trounce his.

Oh, the twins. Whatever, they're clearly on borrowed time. I suspect that when one of them is inevitably auf'ed, it's going to be like the female version of Chang and Eng, the famous conjoined brothers; when Chang died in his sleep, Eng lost his shit and dragged his dead twin around while bemoaning his impending demise. Claire/Shawn will probably do something similar, but more dramatic.

Aaron, Aaron, Aaron. The houses I TP'ed as a bratty teenager looked more attractive and finished than that thing you sent down the runway.

• Love 22

i agree with everyone that brandon shouldn't have won but i do enjoy his stuff. probably because i have Early Kindergarten taste.

i have a fashion questions concerning the designers. what are these thin leather straps that so many of them wear? in different colors but connected by the metal loops. what am i missing? i think they are very cool but don't get it. is this a bondage thing? or a reference to that? i'd like to get some myself if i knew what to search for.

i'd be grateful for any and all information on this.

one thing that bugs me about this show is that we don't really get to see what the judges are wearing or the guest judges. and i often feel like what the designers are wearing is so much more interesting than what they are making. anyone else?

• Love 4

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I can't tell you how much I've missed the Project Runway recaps (also sad about the lack of Face Off this summer).

I'm OK with Brandon's win. I understand what others are saying, but I felt it was fresh.

While I appreciate Kenya's impeccable tailoring, to me it read a little Austin Powers.

I would have put Margarita in the top three instead

• Love 11

i hate the twins so much. they are so self-indulgent and so oblivious to anyone else's needs. it's disgusting. and the running around? just juvenile. and what the freak is that lipstick that they wear? it looks horrible on tv and is so distracting. ugh!!! i'm 65 so i'm not always entranced by young people stuff. i don't get the nose rings that go inside the nose. looks like stuff is leaking out of the person's nose but the 2 of them wearing the same ones? yuck. just adds more ugliness to the whole situation.

• Love 24

Personally I liked Michael's the best and would have given him the win. I also liked Batani's as well as Kenya. I like Brandon but didn't care for his outfit. I think the judges like him because his style seems to be more "street" and different than what's usually on Project Runway. I actually liked Shawn's again.

I feel bad for Samantha. Her work is usually much better, but this was bad. Aaron's was one of the worst I've seen on this show. It looked like something I would sew, and I can barely thread a needle.  I'm undecided which twin is the bigger bitch. This week it's Claire.

• Love 6

You know, I think the twins are getting a bad edit. You can tell that they're really talent - lol jk. They are incredibly annoying and I hope one of them goes home next week. I don't even care which one. And then I hope the one that remains gets laryngitis and can't speak until she goes home.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, PhoneCop said:

Oh, the twins. Whatever, they're clearly on borrowed time. I suspect that when one of them is inevitably auf'ed, it's going to be like the female version of Chang and Eng, the famous conjoined brothers; when Chang died in his sleep, Eng lost his shit and dragged his dead twin around while bemoaning his impending demise. Claire/Shawn will probably do something similar, but more dramatic.

Thank you for making me laugh in the middle of the night.

59 minutes ago, TheodoraK said:

i hate the twins so much. they are so self-indulgent and so oblivious to anyone else's needs. it's disgusting. and the running around? just juvenile. and what the freak is that lipstick that they wear? it looks horrible on tv and is so distracting. ugh!!! i'm 65 so i'm not always entranced by young people stuff. i don't get the nose rings that go inside the nose. looks like stuff is leaking out of the person's nose but the 2 of them wearing the same ones? yuck. just adds more ugliness to the whole situation.

I would love to see them both led away by their nose rings.

• Love 16
6 hours ago, agirlreading said:

Oh my god, I don't understand how Brandon's outfit won. There were at least 3 other garments that were so much better. I'm calling BS that ANY of those women who claimed to like his outfit, would ever wear that out in public- or even want to be stuck in that costume on their show. I appreciate that he was trying to go for something different, but there's a way to do that without just putting different colored bags over women. I don't understand the love fest that's been going on with his looks all season.  They often talk about wanting to see more from a designer, but Brandon is one designer I have no interest in see more from. I just know it's going to be a boring, long, weirdly constructed pajama shirt in some hideous, yet dull color or print. It's insulting to me that he wins with that garbage over actual beautifully constructed garments. The only good thing I can say is at least he seems like a nice guy.

I don't understand why he won, either - but not for the reasons you described.

I was surprised because the challenge was to design eveningwear, and his design didn't say "evening" to me. If anything, it was more suited to "Party in the Hamptons" wear. Or perhaps, something you'd slip on when going ashore on a cruise to do some touring at a port-of-call. That Nina said she loved Brandon's garment wasn't a literal representation of either "good" or eveningwear gave me pause. Okay then. Let's remember that the next time a designer decides to ignore the parameters of a challenge and goes off in a completely different direction, k, Nina? Because I don't ever want to hear you (or any of the other judges) say "But the challenge was to design XYZ and you designed ABC" again.

Most of what he's created so far looks like he's used men's shirting. Nice and crisp, takes well to seaming. Everything looks top-notch in terms of construction. His point-of-view is obvious, and definitely different from the other designers -  and we know the judges love that.

I just don't think his design qualified as eveningwear, which to me means semi-formal or formal (cocktail attire or gown).  The fabric and color/print read far too casual to me - although to be fair, it did look "expensive" (which seems to be an important criteria for every challenge).

That's what made Brandon's win for me so odd.

Personally, I think Michael should have gotten the win. His design definitely fit both "evil" and eveningwear, and in addition, he made his plus-size model look absolutely fabulous. The first design, IMO, this entire season thus far on a plus-size model that fit correctly, complimented her figure, and looked sexy.

That Michael did not win makes me think even more Project Runway is just paying lip service to this whole "real women" thing.

• Love 16

Now that we're five weeks in, I can safely say that I haven't been wowed this season. I can't figure out if the designers aren't very creative or if the challenges suck or both.

Shawn's black leather look was boring and cliche.

I love Kentaro but his design looked like a white tank top that had some anemic looking pink draped around the hips.

Margarita's evil look was just a black dress with feathers on the sleeves. But I do like that she finally put that model in something that wasn't totally covered up.

I don't even know how to describe Brandon's pieces of fabric pinned together. He is really turning into a one way monkey. And why were the judges praising his fabric choice? That pink and beige striped fabric looked like a fugly couch you'd find in your elderly aunt's house.

Samantha cursed herself when she said fairy tales are her thing. That dress did not say fairy tale or evil to me at all. But I disagree with Heidi saying it looked like an 80 prom dress. It's annoying when people lump everything ugly as 80s, especially from people like Heidi who actually lived through that decade. That dress did not look like anything from the 80s. 80s prom dresses were Gunne Sax, bubble skirts, brightly colored satin, poofy sleeves, etc. 80s prom dresses didn't have weirdly patterned fabric combined with visible zippers.

Aaron's pink abomination looked like he pinned a bunch of streams to his model. And that poor model had to tug at the bodice on the runway to keep from having a wardrobe malfunction. An all those unfinished edges - WTF?!

Michael's gold dress was evil without being all black or totally cliche.

I liked Amy's silver cape when it was closed but the pink dress underneath looked poorly constructed with bad material. It looked like a shitty homemade version of Gwyneth Paltrow's dress when she won an Oscar for Shakespeare in Love.

Batani's dress looked like a decent but unremarkable red carpet dress. It's the kind of red carpet dress that people would say was pretty but boring.

Shawn's outfit looked so cheap, some of which was due to her fabric choice. That shiny fabric she used was the same kind used for the  tacky $20 mall shirts I used to buy at Charlotte Russe in college so I could wear them to bars and not care if they smelled smoky or got beer spilled on it. The sheer skirt over the white shorts is so faux risque aka boring and cliche. The top also looked very ill fitting. Did she make an actual dress? Because the top looked so weirdly bunched up that it seemed like she tucked a tank top into a skirt.

Ayana's didn't look like it fit the challenge at all. What was good about that? The cream colored lace? The seam under the butt where she sewed the big net looking fabric to the top of the dress poofed out in an unattractive way. Has she had the skinnier models all season? I can't imagine how she's going to use her skin tight designs on one of the bustier models.

I'm so tired of peplums but I liked the wine color that Kenya chose. I wasn't a fan of the long tuxedo ruffles on the front. Minus the ruffles on the sleeves, it looked like something you could already find at the mall. But it fit the model really well and looked good on her.

9 hours ago, Snickerdoodle said:

Aaron's...oh my. I thought it looked like streamers. With my very limited sewing ability, I tend to judge by "I can sew that."  That's what I thought about Aaron's...I could sew that, and that's not good.

I can't sew for shit but when I look at a dress like Aaron's and think, "I could staple some shit together and make that myself," that's a sign of a terrible design. Same goes for Brandon's look. I could cut up one of Mr. EB's dress shirts and staple together two large pieces of shelf liner to make his outfit.

9 hours ago, Yokosmom said:

My question is, why hasn't anyone openly confronted the twins on their behavior in the workroom? A simple request for them to use  their "indoor voice" would be a start. 

Heh, maybe someone needs to use Ross's "quiet down" sign!

giphy.gif

n7wxKD.gif

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 14

Such a strange episode.  I really love Brandon's originality but there's no way I would've had him in the top, much less winning.  I would've swapped Brandon for Kentaro--I thought his was beautiful.

OK, Samantha's was bad but how was Amy not in the bottom?!  That shit was FUGLY as all get out.  I'm over her and we don't even see much of her.  And she can take "Modesty" girl with her.  With her "curry"-colored disaster. (Thanks, Kenatro!)

Aaron's was just strips of crepe paper.  He deserved to leave for that dreck.

Zac on Shawn's:  "It needs a Bippity Boppity Boo."  HA.  Indeed.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Elizabette said:

And I thought his black lace camisole was really cute on him in his talking head.

I swear that is the camisole I wore last night under my low cut summer dress to be a bit more "covered"

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 7.26.18 AM.png

• Love 3
9 hours ago, vibeology said:

Designers should be respectful and they shouldn't send a model down the runway undressed but there is no reason to worry about their thoughts or preferences.

Exactly.  This ahow is supposed to be about clothing design.  Ii am not that interested in the personalities (where applicable) of the designers.  Why would I be interested in the models?  I also think the models should all be pretty much one size.  

8 hours ago, Souris said:

I'm depressed because Brandon is so clearly The Chosen One and is going to win and I DO NOT GET IT. His stuff always looks like a hot mess to me. He seems like a lovely person, but ... just no on the designs.

I totally get his aesthetic.  I also appreciate the quality of his craftsmanship and his color sense.  He perfectly combined "good" with a hint of bondage.  Who else could do that?  His designs are marketable and would suit a variety of body types.   It feels good to agree with the judges for once.  

• Love 12

It was nice to see the larger models look really sexy and glamorous in this episode.

Aaron's looked like she went into a bathroom stall with sticky glue in dabs all over her body and came out with TP stuck on.

I also liked Brandon's and this captured it perfectly.

5 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

He perfectly combined "good" with a hint of bondage.  Who else could do that?

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 6
Just now, dleighg said:

Aaron's looked like she went into a bathroom stall with sticky glue in dabs all over her body and came out with TP stuck on.

Aaron was a distracting goofball.  He made an ass of himself constantly.  A clown.  

5 hours ago, TheodoraK said:

Is this a bondage thing? or a reference to that? i'd like to get some myself if i knew what to search for.

It is whatever they intend, so I'm sure their answers would vary.  Sure there's a reference to bondage, and it's also a pretty easy and effective way to layer another texture over fabric.  Ifeel it's also something we won't be seeing next year, but it's interesting for now.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Elizabette said:

Every week without fail they rag on the top three designs. They have atrocious taste. 

So in addition to the "Kiss of death" phone call from home that (usually) spoils who's going home, maybe the Twins' critiques are our new spoiler barometer for who is safe each episode? If Claire or Shawn hate an outfit, we know that designer is sticking around.  I think every week one of them has dissed a top or safe design.  Too bad the judges can't see those TH's and add them into the judging criteria.  Those two have horrible taste and neither is as talented as they think.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

It's petty, I confess, but I find I have an irrational hatred of when Claire wears the black visor. It's dumb. 

It was extremely rich when Claire was doing all those talking heads criticizing everyone else's designs but wearing that visor.  Maybe she should take it off, she would see better.  Perhaps even make something original

• Love 10
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Samantha cursed herself when she said fairy tales are her thing. That dress did not say fairy tale or evil to me at all. But I disagree with Heidi saying it looked like an 80 prom dress. It's annoying when people lump everything ugly as 80s, especially from people like Heidi who actually lived through that decade. That dress did not look like anything from the 80s. 80s prom dresses were Gunne Sax, bubble skirts, brightly colored satin, poofy sleeves, etc. 80s prom dresses didn't have weirdly patterned fabric combined with visible zippers.

As soon as I Google 80s prom dress, a bunch of dresses come up that look like Samantha's.  It's the fact that the bodice was tight to a very strange point low on the body, and then had a skirt tacked on at the end.

Sorry, but I thought the reference was spot on, just as a poster upthread said that Kenya's outfit looked like 80's Prince (except in that case it was a compliment and Kenya did a great, if unintentional, tribute.)  Here's Prince from Purple Rain era.

I love the 80s.  There's nothing inherently wrong with the decade.  You can make a reference or an homage that is brought to 2017 and do a good job with it, and make it attractive to people of this era.  Or you can do a reference that just looks badly of its time, that people in 2017 would just find distasteful.  It's a 'you know it when you see it' kind of thing.  Back in the 90s I never saw anyone wear leggings, because that was an 80s thing.  But now in the 2010s leggings are everywhere again - they're just not like neon, or with leg warmers, or whatever happened in the 80s.  They're plainer or more athletic or with mesh inserts, or what have you.  

project-runway-worst copy.jpg b33e76f910675050df567f016b811a40--s-punk-fashion-s-fashion-trends (1)2.jpgb33e76f910675050df567f016b811a40--s-punk-fashion-s-fashion-trends.jpg

d4b573b21b7ab25e0594df30d88cc90d--s-prom-dresses-strapless-dress.jpgf5e9f5d5f0659fad785d5321a785e8c4--s-punk-fashion-s-fashion-trends.jpg

Prince-2.jpg project-runway-best.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 10

I liked the little "bondage" strap on the back of Brandon's, but could someone look straight down the model's skirt, to the floor?

I agree that Brandon's did not come across as "evening." I question his taste level with regard to prints (especially his first creation, that Aztec-y fabric for the crop-top?).

But he seems like a good guy.

When one of the Terrible Two's is in the bottom, and they cut to the back room/green room (?) during the judges' up-close-and-personal critique to show Claire and Shawn panicking, I half-expect them to be curled up in fetal positions, sucking each other's thumb.

• Love 5

I didn't ask but I'm very glad that others did. Thank you for bringing back coverage of Project Runway. And especially thank you for doing so in such a way that I can read it at my desk.

• Love 18

Black leather?

For evil?

Groundbreaking.

I didn't like Brandon's look in the workroom, but I liked it on the runway. Idk I don't always get his designs, but I liked it tonight. Kenya was probably robbed, though. everything about her look was so hot! I loved the back (But I'm a sucker for an open back, to be quite honest.) And Michael added a cape I love capes. 

I really wished they pulled that double elimination and we'd be down to one twin. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I was surprised because the challenge was to design eveningwear, and his design didn't say "evening" to me. If anything, it was more suited to "Party in the Hamptons" wear. Or perhaps, something you'd slip on when going ashore on a cruise to do some touring at a port-of-call.

Excellent point.

brightly colored satin, poofy sleeves

That was mine!  Floor length, bright royal blue satin and puffy sleeves that I could (and did) remove  :)

I can't sew for shit but when I look at a dress like Aaron's and think, "I could staple some shit together and make that myself," that's a sign of a terrible design.

I can't sew for shit, either, but even I could make finish the edges. They'd be lumpy and crooked, but at least they'd be sewn--not left freshly cut with threads hanging off of him.  I've seen the phrase "one of the worst", but I honestly can't think of one garment that even came close to how bad Aaron's was.

@allonsyalice, I know, right?!  I told my husband, that if it were me, I'd try to pick a "good" color and design something evil or an "evil" color and design something good, just to challenge myself and the stereotype.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Samantha's fabric looked like it came from the Free People reject pile

Perfect description!  And she said her favorite color is green?  I couldn't tell--that was the saddest most drab hue of green I've ever seen.  I think Good Disney said it looked like the colors had been left out in the sun--not a bad description, young lady!  I actually rather enjoyed both young Disney stars.  They had definite opinions and werent afraid to express them.

And those shady editors---Samantha voicing over that she loves the fit of her garment as her model looks lumpy, uncomfortable and unkempt.  Heh.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Kenya should have won.  The rag that Aaron sent down the runway takes Grand Prize for the Worst Outfit Ever.  I've watched this show since Day 1, and it's the worst one I've seen.  He should be hiding his face in shame.

There was a worse one.  Remember when Emilio tried to make a dress out of rope and washers?   

emilio_xl.jpg

• Love 12
11 hours ago, pheebs said:

Okay - now it's official. Claire is the absolute worst. "I'm not going to...grovel...and say, "Oh, thankyouthankyouthankyou, you know, I'll do better next week. I don't believe I deserved to be there in the first place."

Wanker.

I wonder if she realizes that had Aaron's trash piece of shit not been there she would have gone home.  Her garment was no different than a million other things I've seen and she's not done anything previously to warrant saving her.  From where I sit, she should've gone home too.

As far as Brandon's in concerned, it deserved the win if for no other reason than it was original.  Kenya's was a good interpretation of the challenge and was well made, but it was not original in any way.  And Michael's was also well made and a good interpretation but it was nothing new or original either.  And this is Project Runway.  Would I have worn Brandon's?  No.  Never.  But I'm not exactly on the cusp of fashion and I don't believe it was made with me in mind.  It was made for the runway and I frequently don't like what designers send down the runway so....

• Love 13

Unpopular opinion I guess - I did not like Kenya's and thought it was in the bottom. I have seen that look a million times before. Someone upthread said Austin Powers - yes!! 

Those guest judges were ridiculous. Some of the things the blond one said were just bizarre. 

• Love 5

I've been watching PR for years and was really interested in this episode because I used to work for the non-profit that owns Lyndhurst (National Trust for Historic Preservation). I was shocked that there was no mention of NTHP nor about how Lyndhurst has "fairytale Christmas" themed rooms every holiday season (or at least they used to) that could have easily tied into this episode. Such a wasted opportunity to get some good air time. I don't think they even mentioned where the site is (Tarrytown, NY)? And none of the designers referenced the architecture as an inspiration so it seems like a wasted trip to me.

During her talking heads Samantha was wearing this dress that had a gorgeous, shiny dark green material (maybe covered with some sheer black?). If she had done that instead of what she sent down she would have been at least safe.

The judges like Brandon because he makes stuff they haven't seen before on the show and after how many dozens of seasons that's not easy. I think they are just ecstatic to look at something that is both creative, fresh AND well-made. Whether it actually fits the challenge du jour is secondary.

As jacked up as Emilio's washer and string bikini was, it didn't send him home.

• Love 12