Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E05: Descending Into Good And Evil

Drogo
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, Jobiska said:

I did like Brandon's, but there were little "hitches" in the fabric right down the middle (the right hand image on the PTV recap makes me think they're where fasteners were--but why did such a loose garment even need fasteners?) which were very distracting to me as they took away from the clean, crisp line of the stripes.  

I like Kenya and I loved the texture and richness of that fabric, which went a long way toward putting it in the top.  I do see the similarities to Prince, pirates, whatever y'all are talking about though.  I was surprised that what with all her careful piecing together of her small amount of yardage, there was no comment made about that on the runway/closer looks.

What do people think of the addition of behind-the-scenes stuff before and after the runway?  I feel like it's being done as a sort of desperate "freshen up" thing (wasn't the "every size" thing enough of a change?, and then after that the model mirror talk?) but it's sometimes interesting.   I noticed that a staffer gave Brandon a congratulatory handshake or fistbump or something, returned kindly; but it seemed to me Claire accepted the hand for the tricky step-down (as others did) but didn't look too friendly.  

I am a pretty good Googler, and I see no evidence that there were any other Swatches before this one.  All photo hits are obviously this same one (with the amount of lightness around his muzzle now greater, making the black areas not quite as crisp, but still the same dog).  All articles I can find are of this dog, and this one states he was going to turn 4 in July 2011.  (There's a "25 things you need to know about Swatch" type article on the Mood site).  None of those articles indicates he's a II or a III.  I'd think that the interview with his human would have indicated "we loved Swatch I so much that we named Swatch II after him in homage" or something.  

I think he looks a lot different running up the stairs with a focus on his back (never saw that before to be honest) than our usual closeup of his resigned-looking face as he lounges amidst the chaos, or him interacting with Time where you're going to see more of his face or at least focus more on his face.  His face and front are where most of his white patches are.  

If there's proof he's a II or III, I'd be interested in seeing it (no snarky tone, honest interest, love Swatch!)

I didn't mean another dog named Swatch, but a dog of the same breed, French Bulldog, right? The younger dog has a similarly cute sewing term name...which escapes me at this late hour. If I'm even recalling correctly. It could be Mood's west coast store that has a French Bulldog with a cute name. Or, I could be on the verge of a stroke and losing my damn mind. :)

Sorry about any confusion. I'm not always the clear communicator, that I think I am ;) 

• Love 4

Regarding Kenya's look, It reminded me one silhouette Karl Lagerfeld did when he took the creative direction of Chanel... I couldn't find any image, but I perfectly remember this look, worn by Inès de la Fressange... No peplum for the jacket, but it was really similar. And I loved it (and still do, lol)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Elizabette said:

Swatch Conspiracy.

My daughter's recent alma mater has a rapid overtuning (sadly due to the short lifespan of bulldogs) of their mascot Handsome Dan. No one pretends that it is the same one forever :) It was quite obvious to me that this is a new iteration of Swatch! So much energy!

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, carrps said:

Too much side boob!!!!

When the model said she'd be nervous wearing it out I believed her. I could see Heidi wearing it. She'd totally be fine with a boob or two popping out.

When I read this, I immediately thought of the "I Love Lucy" Vitameatavegamin  episode. During the rehearsal for the ad, and after she'd downed half the bottle of Vitameatavegamin., instead of saying "Do you poop out at parties?" she said "Do you pop out at parties?"

Yes, Heidi would have no problem with popping out - at a party, gala, awards show - or anywhere else there's an audience and Paparazzi.

(OTOH, if I had her boobs, perhaps I wouldn't mind showing them off, either).

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I think the reason that the show decided to incorporate the model feedback/interviews was to make sure that the designers weren't being assholes about their non size 00 bodies (as we have seen happen in previous seasons during the real women challenges).

I call it "The Ven Syndrome".  

And I'm also ok with the models commenting IN their little mirror booth only, but not on the runway.  They have ONE job on the runway.  Rock the look as best they can.  They need to keep their lips zipped during the critique unless they are specifically asked something. To me, that's being a professional.  

• Love 12

This is the first episode I've watched this season. A few thoughts:

1) It was all very predictable: villains in bold, red or dark colors and 'pretty pastel princesses'. I wish somebody would have gone against the stereotype and done a heroine in darker colors, like the traditional Snow White royal blue bodice, Anastasia's royal blue opera dress or Giselle's purple dress in Enchanted, or had a villain in something lighter.

2) The losing "designer": how in the world did he even get on this show? He reminded me of the love interest/serial killer dude on Reno 911.

3) Totally would have auffed the woman with the multi-colored hair as well. She's a goner anyways - just a matter of time. Besides, there's no crying in fashion.

4) The twin gimmick? I've only seen this episode and they are in my list of top 10 most irritating contestants ever.

5) The models commentary is pointless and irritating, both on and off the runway. I could care less about their viewpoint, unless, like this coming episode, they are the client. Otherwise, just wear the clothes. It's like that half hour show they used to have that focused on the models, which was a complete bore.

6) The models non-high fashion walking: not a fan of 'let your personality shine on the runway. It's not about their personality, it's about the fashion.

7) The designers: as the trend continues, this batch seems to have been chosen for their quirky personalities and for being 'good TV' instead of, you know, actual design and implementation abilities. Long gone are the days of Seasons 1-7. I stopped at Season 8 because that's when Gretchen won... 

8) The guest judges: the blonde was irritating and pretentious. Her co-star was awesome!

Edited by Beamish
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Beamish said:

I wish somebody would have gone against the stereotype and done a heroine in darker colors, like the traditional Snow White royal blue bodice or Giselle's royal blue dress in Enchanted, or had a villain in something lighter.

It's not all about color.  The winner combined "good" with bondage elements.  

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:00 AM, Desert Rat said:

I liked Kenya's suit but it did not seem original to me.  With the sleeves and the bib, looks like something Prince wore in concert circa 1985, only less sexy.

Dear Kenya: Shirley Partridge wants her costume back. The kids are loading the bus for the concert in San Pueblo tonight...

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Elizabette said:

It could be Mood's west coast store that has a French Bulldog with a cute name.

Seven years ago, the Mood in LA did have a dog but he or she wasn't a French Bulldog. (And wasn't interacting with customers)

4 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Yes, Heidi would have no problem with popping out - at a party, gala, awards show - or anywhere else there's an audience and Paparazzi.

Heidi was all about underwear as a Victoria's Secret model and then she got too old for that.  So she sometimes stopped wearing underwear except when selling her own brand.  Then, after selling underwear for a while, this past summer, she declared that she enjoys nudity.  And, surprise, surprise, photographers were there to capture that romp in the waves this year when  her nudie book came out.Heidi Klum by Rankin

• Love 1

Anybody who thinks THESE twins are the most annoying in the history of Reality TV never met Natalie & Nadiya, the twins from "The Amazing Race".  And they participated in TWO seasons, no less.  PLUS they were on "Survivor".  

These girls are bush league compared to those two shrieking, thieving harpies. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Anybody who thinks THESE twins are the most annoying in the history of Reality TV never met Natalie & Nadiya, the twins from "The Amazing Race".  And they participated in TWO seasons, no less.  PLUS they were on "Survivor".  

Couldn't we just call it a tie?  All four of these women are annoying . . . and - as you pointed out regarding Natalie & Nadiya - at least one set of twins is comprised of "shrieking, thieving harpies" (TWINNNNEEEEEEE!!!!!).

• Love 6

Under the Gunn contestants went to the Mood there that had a smaller dog named Oscar, who according to this article is named after Oscar de la Renta.  It says he and Swatch have met and "looked at each other" which I find hilarious for some reason; Oscar's owner then goes on to fat-shame Swatch so I'm mad at him!  I seem to recall the contestant Oscar (Oskar?) being quite tickled at sharing the name.

I know the Amazing Race/Survivor Twins are polarizing; I mostly like them; but I do have to say they at least seem to have senses of humor, which goes a long way for me.  Have either of the Buitendorps laughed about anything?  Too busy running to hear Kentaro saying "anal anal anal" I guess.  Well, at least they are also too busy running to see Kenya's raised eyebrow at each lap, because I'd hate to have them attack her!

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 5

This episode was sort of interesting.

I kind of agree that Brandon's was more "fashioney" than others, but it stayed within his style.  Although he won (because the garment was unique to the judges) and he was rightly "challenged" to grow and show more range.

I liked Kenya (?), Margarita, and the guy at the top (can't remember his name and too lazy to look it up).  Margarita's really made her model feel beautiful and sexy - even though I thought Margarita was a bit whiny when she found out her model, she really pushed through and made something beautiful.  And say what you will about Kenya's garment, it was beautifully made and looked great!

I kind of wished that they had kept Aaron (yeah, I know it was horrendous) but at least it elicited a reaction - not a positive one, but still a reaction).  Claire's was just there. 

Speaking of Claire what was up with that attitude?  "I'm not going to grovel and say thank you for making me safe" or words to that effect.  Yes, you should!

• Love 6
On 9/14/2017 at 11:03 PM, farmgal4 said:

I will be praying to the runway gods that Claire the C U Next Tuesday goes home next week.  I just can't with that bitch.

I can't stand either of the twins but in a way, I want to see them in the finals so we can get to see the parents who raised these pretentious, entitled snowflakes.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, pinguina said:

Speaking of Claire what was up with that attitude?  "I'm not going to grovel and say thank you for making me safe" or words to that effect.  Yes, you should!

It was odd, but I was glad to hear less from her.  

1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

I want to see them in the finals so we can get to see the parents who raised these pretentious, entitled snowflakes.

I suspect their parents have been reduced to empty, papery outlines of their former selves.  The twins will have sucked them both dry, having nursed greedily until the age of 15.  

Edited by Sprockets
  • Love 9
On 9/15/2017 at 10:49 PM, Nancypants said:

I also think the twins are there to promote their visibility. Because , you know- Reality Heaux.

That being said, why would they promote visibility by being intensely dislikeable? Jeez.

I don't think the twins think they could ever be dislikeable.  I'm sure since the day of their births, they've been told they are the most special and gifted children that ever graced this earth.  They have no self-awareness whatsoever. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Elizabette said:

I didn't mean another dog named Swatch, but a dog of the same breed, French Bulldog, right?

Swatch is a Boston Terrier. :-)

I don't think Swatch has been replaced. Below are two photos. The top two are from this article from 2011. The bottom one is a screenshot from last week's episode. Both dogs have the same markings on the forehead and front paws.

59beb8c75420f_swatch2011.jpg.ce156ea91b42735dddc8b67334034a82.jpg59beb95a9436f_swatch2011b.jpg.f9dc71642b5762add409e77553cc28b4.jpgswatch.thumb.JPG.668e72a1a84e8c94fbb6ec43514f735f.JPG

3 hours ago, Beamish said:

6) The models non-high fashion walking: not a fan of 'let your personality shine on the runway. It's not about their personality, it's about the fashion.

Sigh. It's been a long time since this show was really about fashion. Fashion with a capital F. All these years, I still have difficulty reconciling myself to that. Maybe because they do have the occasional flash of brilliant Fashion. I don't care about the models. And frankly, I like the typical tall, rail thin models, because they are easy to ignore. I can focus on the clothes, not on the women. I'm NOT looking for PR to make clothes that I can wear. I don't watch the runway, speculating about whether I'd wear this or that. That's why I don't care if they have plus models, or older models, or paraplegic models, or conjoined twins models, little people models, or whatever cause they choose to take up next. In fact, I'd rather not see those types, because then the show is all about pandering to whatever the category du jour is, and it's annoying. Yes, all women should have access to have nice clothes, but on this particular show I want to see Fashion. Amazing wearable art. Not stuff that "regular people" wear to the office or out on date night. Pajamas, day-to-evening, and other ready-to-wear stuff, or fashion for men just bores me. And I'm not looking for a show as frivolous as this to preach to me about social justice in the fashion industry. I'm just not. Especially since this show lost what little respect and relevance it ever had in the fashion industry long ago.

An unpopular opinion, I'm sure. Nevertheless, it's how I feel.

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Yes, all women should have access to have nice clothes, but on this particular show I want to see Fashion. Amazing wearable art. Not stuff that "regular people" wear to the office or out on date night. Pajamas, day-to-evening, and other ready-to-wear stuff, or fashion for men just bores me. And I'm not looking for a show as frivolous as this to preach to me about social justice in the fashion industry. I'm just not. Especially since this show lost what little respect and relevance it ever had in the fashion industry long ago.

I agree completely! We can get political correctness and social commentary elsewhere.  Models are walking mannequins.  Their job is to wear the clothes and not be noticed.  PR is in serious risk of capsizing their boat by forgetting what the show is about.  

• Love 5

Cripes, for years people have been complaining about PR only having zero sized model so they decide to shake things up and throw plus sized models in and now people are crying ageism.  Some people are just never happy.  The show is called Project RUNWAY because they are designing for the Runway.  You don't see any old bags walking the runway in real life so why should they on the show?  If they did, I wouldn't be interested in watching.

• Love 2
On 9/15/2017 at 8:12 PM, chitowngirl said:

I knew about The Descendants and its sequel, but didn't know what is was about. My kids aged out of Disney Channel a while ago. Now I want to see it!

The fashion in the sequel was pretty awesome which is why I was excited to see the project runway twist but clearly the judges didn't care about theme and only a handful of the designs tied in.

On plus size models: I think everybody is free to prefer a certain esthetic, but the industry remaining obsessed with dressing tall, rail-thin tweenagers feels very antiquated to me. Fashion is supposed to get somewhere first, not long after the rest of us have arrived, and (for me) being "fashion forward" means different body shapes and skin colors and heights and ages. There's no single look anymore; bring all of it up on stage and center *that* beauty in a collection, widen the esthetic of what is considered beautiful. And the thing is,  it's already happening -- outside the antiseptic halls of Vogue -- so good on PR trying to reflect that shift.  They needed better designers to go there (ones who understand cut and body shape and haven't skated by on dressing living mannequins with cookie cutter bodies) but at least they get some sense that models like Tess Holliday -- looking like a sexy Duane Bryers fifties pin-up + the grit of body art +dominatrix ( and editorial as all get out) -- are part of fashion's future. 

tess holliday.jpg

50 minutes ago, Sai said:

You don't see any old bags walking the runway in real life so why should they on the show?  If they did, I wouldn't be interested in watching.

Here's a link to a bunch of fabulous old bags modeling on the runway:)

"New York Fashion Week led the charge as most diverse overall, but each city contributed a little bit to making the runways more age-friendly this season. According to the report, “21 models over age 50 walked the runways of New York, Paris, London and Milan.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/models-over-50_us_58cbcf07e4b00705db4e642f

So who knows -- PR might go there -- it would be smart to mix up model ages next season.

older model.jpeg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 17

I just wish the designers would stop patting themselves on the back for designing for someone who's not a size 2. I'm particularly bothered by the use of "real woman" to describe these models. For one, it implies that smaller women aren't "real," and for another, by their own concept of the term, their plus models aren't "real," either. Liris might be bigger than their usual models, but she's a perfectly proportioned hourglass. She's not pear-shaped. She doesn't have short legs. She doesn't have a belly. She doesn't have cankles of any one of the other figure issues that so called "real" women have to deal with. I wish they'd stop congratulating themselves. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Seven years ago, the Mood in LA did have a dog but he or she wasn't a French Bulldog. (And wasn't interacting with customers)

Heidi was all about underwear as a Victoria's Secret model and then she got too old for that.  So she sometimes stopped wearing underwear except when selling her own brand.  Then, after selling underwear for a while, this past summer, she declared that she enjoys nudity.  And, surprise, surprise, photographers were there to capture that romp in the waves this year when  her nudie book came out.Heidi Klum by Rankin

Thank you. I knew I wasn't going crazy. The rescue dog is a chihuahua named Oscar. Well that mystery is solved, Scooby. 

https://www.larchmontbuzz.com/larchmont-village-people/profile-oscar-v-pooch-to-stars-under-the-gunn/

• Love 1

No no no. Not Tess Holiday. Plus size is one thing. Tess Holiday is extremely morbidly obese. She is far larger than the "average" American woman. Her physicality is evidence that she has harmed herself with food and lack of movement on a consistent basis over a very long time. She and everyone her size is at an extremely elevated risk for all sorts of diseases, one of which will cut her life short. Her size and shape aren't something to be embraced or aspired to. Just like anorexic or roided-out bodies should not be embraced or aspired to. In my opinion we do not need to widen our aesthetic of what is considered beautiful to include the physical manifestation of self harm. I don't want to see PR or the fashion industry embrace this.

• Love 11

Brandon seems a cool guy so it's not him, but I don't get why the judges go berserk over everything he does.  Reminds me of last season when that woman designed felt and neoprene sacks then glued crap all over them.  Then won!  Kenya got robbed.  

Twins, please go away.  I can't take them anymore.

Poor Aaron-that thing was just dreadful.  He was not ready for this show and it's sad that he got cast over a more talented designer.  I wasn't allowed to leave unfinished seams and rampant threads of material in the Singer sewing class I took as a kid. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Swatch is a Boston Terrier. :-)

I don't think Swatch has been replaced. Below are two photos. The top two are from this article from 2011. The bottom one is a screenshot from last week's episode. Both dogs have the same markings on the forehead and front paws.

59beb8c75420f_swatch2011.jpg.ce156ea91b42735dddc8b67334034a82.jpg59beb95a9436f_swatch2011b.jpg.f9dc71642b5762add409e77553cc28b4.jpgswatch.thumb.JPG.668e72a1a84e8c94fbb6ec43514f735f.JPG

Sigh. It's been a long time since this show was really about fashion. Fashion with a capital F. All these years, I still have difficulty reconciling myself to that. Maybe because they do have the occasional flash of brilliant Fashion. I don't care about the models. And frankly, I like the typical tall, rail thin models, because they are easy to ignore. I can focus on the clothes, not on the women. I'm NOT looking for PR to make clothes that I can wear. I don't watch the runway, speculating about whether I'd wear this or that. That's why I don't care if they have plus models, or older models, or paraplegic models, or conjoined twins models, little people models, or whatever cause they choose to take up next. In fact, I'd rather not see those types, because then the show is all about pandering to whatever the category du jour is, and it's annoying. Yes, all women should have access to have nice clothes, but on this particular show I want to see Fashion. Amazing wearable art. Not stuff that "regular people" wear to the office or out on date night. Pajamas, day-to-evening, and other ready-to-wear stuff, or fashion for men just bores me. And I'm not looking for a show as frivolous as this to preach to me about social justice in the fashion industry. I'm just not. Especially since this show lost what little respect and relevance it ever had in the fashion industry long ago.

An unpopular opinion, I'm sure. Nevertheless, it's how I feel.

I'll agree.  For the clothing, I'm always looking for a unique construction method, a particularly skillful manipulation of the fabric, a special embellishment, an unexpected color combination or a beautiful couture detail, like french seams.  We don't see them often, but enough to keep me on board.   As I'm a life-long sewer, I'm always hoping for something I can try myself or just admire.  

I don't watch to gnash my teeth at bad or childish behavior, examples of sexism, ageism or sizeism. (Is that even a word?)  I'm really just there for the flashes of creativity. And as someone above mentioned doing, I tend to mute most of the interactive portion of the show and just listen to Tim's recommendations and the judging.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

No no no. Not Tess Holiday. Plus size is one thing. Tess Holiday is extremely morbidly obese. She is far larger than the "average" American woman. Her physicality is evidence that she has harmed herself with food and lack of movement on a consistent basis over a very long time. She and everyone her size is at an extremely elevated risk for all sorts of diseases, one of which will cut her life short. Her size and shape aren't something to be embraced or aspired to. Just like anorexic or roided-out bodies should not be embraced or aspired to. In my opinion we do not need to widen our aesthetic of what is considered beautiful to include the physical manifestation of self harm. I don't want to see PR or the fashion industry embrace this.

She looks plenty robust to me and absolutely gorgeous.  Her size says nothing about the state of her health. 

• Love 14
On 9/15/2017 at 0:56 PM, Special K said:

Aaron seems like a sweet kid, but I don't get his aesthetic or personal style at all.  Or maybe I get it, but just am too skeeved out by it.  The saggy black camisole in that TH?  The off-color bloomers over the jockeys?  The weird yellow/pink hair?  I'm all for androgeny and don't mind men in skirts at all, but it's got such a pervy, flasher who lives in his mother's basement vibe.  It's like Norman Bates wearing his dead mother's tattered underclothes. 

I pretty much agree.  I don't really get the concept of gender fluidity, but I don't have to.  He has every right to dress as he wants, but he makes terrible choices.  Those bloomers?  That cami.  The short skirt on the Runway with two different colors of blue socks.  

On 9/15/2017 at 1:21 PM, Tess23 said:

It's PC now to applaud plus size figures on this show; why not the woman over 50? I call ageism. Let's have some models over the age of 45--that would really send the designers into a tailspin.

I agree with your post!  And this line.  We need plus size models over 45.  Heck, I'm plus size and 54.  I'd make their heads explode!

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Her size says nothing about the state of her health

I'm not a medcial professional, so I have no idea how healthy she is.  It's just not my job to decide that.  I do think it's a bit precious for people to say it's about health, when what they really mean is it's not attractive to them.  We each have different preferences - which is why they make chocolate and vanilla - and it's fine to state them.  But pretending to care about the supposed health of a complete stranger is a bit unbelievable.  

4 minutes ago, lh25 said:

I pretty much agree.  I don't really get the concept of gender fluidity, but I don't have to.  He has every right to dress as he wants, but he makes terrible choices.  Those bloomers?  That cami.  The short skirt on the Runway with two different colors of blue socks.  

Agreed.  It seemed very staged to me, far too self-conscious and clown-like.  I wouldnt jave been at all surprised to hear that, when he was not on camera, he dressed in three-piece tweed suits.  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

. She and everyone her size is at an extremely elevated risk for all sorts of diseases, one of which will cut her life short. Her size and shape aren't something to be embraced or aspired to. 

Fashion is not only aspiration; it's also representation. And I deeply disagree with your comments, but I don't think this is the place to argue about the value of a HAES (Health at Every Size) approach, or policing women's bodies (at either end of the spectrum).  I will say, generally, that any woman (model or otherwise) is likelier to respect her health in an atmosphere that doesn't attack her for how she looks, and the first step to that is representing those bodies, not shaming them.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, lh25 said:

I don't really get the concept of gender fluidity, but I don't have to.  He has every right to dress as he wants, but he makes terrible choices.  Those bloomers?  That cami.  The short skirt on the Runway with two different colors of blue socks.  

I get gender fluidity,  I applaud it.... and you're right, he makes terrible choices. He's barely one step away from a limp fifties duster worn with a scrunchy and house slippers -- (shallow alert) if I were gender fluid AND a designer, you can bet your ass I wouldn't be turning up dressed in a speedo, safari jacket, with black knee socks and leather sandals.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, Sai said:

The show is called Project RUNWAY because they are designing for the Runway.  You don't see any old bags walking the runway in real life so why should they on the show?

But they aren't often.  They have done those "real women" challenges for a specific event in the woman's life.  And there are older models.  Why not?  We tend to have more money to spend on clothes and still want to look good.

4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Thanks for the link. This "old bag" was starting to feel unworthy of going out in public and offending the sensitivities of others.

I get why you could feel that.  But this Plus-size old bag is "If they don't like it, they don't have to look at me". 

3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Tess Holiday is extremely morbidly obese. She is far larger than the "average" American woman. Her physicality is evidence that she has harmed herself with food and lack of movement on a consistent basis over a very long time. She and everyone her size is at an extremely elevated risk for all sorts of diseases, one of which will cut her life short. Her size and shape aren't something to be embraced or aspired to.

Does that mean women over a certain size should cover up with yards and yards of black polyester?

• Love 12
7 hours ago, leighdear said:

I just googled them. It is a good thing I did not watch Amazing Race or Survivor (one of them won?). I would have thrown something at the TV. I think you're right. They are worse than Claire and Shorn. But I wouldn't be surprised if N&N inspired C&S to behave this way. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Sprockets said:

We each have different preferences - which is why they make chocolate and vanilla - and it's fine to state them.  But pretending to care about the supposed health of a complete stranger is a bit unbelievable.  

Especially when the vast majority of size zero models working today have disrupted eating -- some of them are even eating kleenex to feel full  -- so if somebody prefers those models b/c of a lack of health issues, sadly,  they're already in play.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, SingleMaltBlonde said:

I think people/women in their teens and 20s spend more money, if they have it or not.  I know I cared a lot more at that age....

That could be, for some.  I cared more about following trends then, but bought cheaper stuff then I do now.  I spend more now then I did then, but tend to have less items, just better quality.

• Love 7
On 9/16/2017 at 7:01 AM, Lizzing said:

I was reading another site and came to find out (and verify via IMDB) that Kara Saun was the costume designer for the featured movie, Descendants 2.  I know that reaches back to the unspoken (on Lifetime) Bravo years, but how cool would it have been to have Kara as the guest judge, instead of the young actresses? Personally, I would have much preferred her take on the designs.

On 9/16/2017 at 7:03 AM, Snappy said:

Having Kara Saun as a judge makes more sense than trying to promote two unknown actresses whose opinions no one cares about.

It would have been nice to get Kara Saun's perspective because she is the costume designer for the movies and she does have a history with the show. However, I have to take issue with calling the actresses unknowns. You don't know who they are. I'm not super familiar with them, but they're not unknowns. Both started working as children. Both starred on popular Disney programs. Both have multiple millions of Twitter and Instagram followers. People know them. Three million people watch Project Runway. Seventeen million people watched Descendants on the day it aired. Twenty-one million people total watched Descendants 2. 

However, they have had costume challenges since season 7, but no one has invited Emilio Sosa back to judge since he became a Tony nominated costume designer. Except for a handful of alums, Project Runway has no interest in any former contestants.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
On 9/15/2017 at 9:31 AM, jrlr said:

Claire's bitch face is hilarious - top of the heap  as a special snowflake.  If the twinsies aren't being intentionally obnoxious, then they are just tone deaf no-talents.

I have been wondering since I first heard them speak if the twins' voices/inflection were some normal regionalism/family speech pattern combined with a tendency toward extreme pretension, or if it were pure affectation. Got the answer last night in one of Claire's more stressed out talking heads since allofasudden her real accent showed up. It was like that thing where some people's voices get higher pitched when they're freaking out, except with her, the vowels all suddenly shifted and she stopped overpronouncing her consonants. I was like "oh wait, you're just from Michigan." (Which I didn't know before but caught from said vowels) 10 seconds later back to fake mcfakenstein voice.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I have been wondering since I first heard them speak if the twins' voices/inflection were some normal regionalism/family speech pattern combined with a tendency toward extreme pretension, or if it were pure affectation. Got the answer last night in one of Claire's more stressed out talking heads since allofasudden her real accent showed up. It was like that thing where some people's voices get higher pitched when they're freaking out, except with her, the vowels all suddenly shifted and she stopped overpronouncing her consonants. I was like "oh wait, you're just from Michigan." (Which I didn't know before but caught from said vowels) 10 seconds later back to fake mcfakenstein voice.

LOL, thank you for clearing that up - I was worried (not) that the poor things were trying some peculiar method of overcoming speech impediments.  LOVE "mcfakenstein"!

I was fine with the top three and the auf-ed  designer. 

Loved Kenya’s and glad that she did so well and hope that it will do wonders for her confidence.  Nice that the judges praised her comeback. Felt it was justified.   I like Brandon’s aesthetic but think it translates very young which is why the judges are lapping it up with a spoon.   I just don’t see any woman above the age of 30 wearing the winning outfit unless she has a killer body.  

I would be interested to see what he would do if he went to fashion week and had to design an entire collection.  I wonder if it would be as one note as I think it would be? 

• Love 5