Type keyword(s) to search

House Calls: The Cast in Other Roles

starri
  • Start Topic

So, Anthony Edwards is playing the judge in the forthcoming Law & Order: True Crime - The Menendez Brothers.  I can't remember being in front of the camera for a long time, so good for him.

What's interesting is that Eric and Lyle's father, Jose, is being played by Carlos Gomez, who played Raul.

• Love 8

I've been rewatching Party of Five on Netflix, and in one episode Charlie is sleeping with an older woman who he's doing renovation work for, and it's Laura Innes, aka Dr. Weaver. The opening shot of her character is when she's half naked in bed with him and it took me a minute to realize it was her. 

It's funny, I posted about seeing Laura Innes on an old Party of Five, and then today I was watching it and Erik Palladino/Malucci showed up in a bit part as a rocker with long hair at a club. I'm going to keep track and see how many more ER people show up. I'm up to three, since Scott Grimes/Morris has a recurring role too. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I don't remember Malucci being on there either! Of course, I do remember Scott Grimes. To me Morris is always Bailey's best friend.

It was a very brief role. They make Julia and the other waitresses at the club wear skimpy outfits and Malucci hits on her. It was funny to see him with long rocker hair. 

12 minutes ago, desertflower said:

It was a very brief role. They make Julia and the other waitresses at the club wear skimpy outfits and Malucci hits on her. It was funny to see him with long rocker hair. 

seems like the perfect role for Malucci :)

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, starri said:

So, Anthony Edwards is playing the judge in the forthcoming Law & Order: True Crime - The Menendez Brothers.  I can't remember being in front of the camera for a long time, so good for him.

What's interesting is that Eric and Lyle's father, Jose, is being played by Carlos Gomez, who played Raul.

I will admit I set my DVR to record this (not yet watched it) because I wanted to see Anthony Edwards again. I miss Dr. Greene. Not that he's playing that role but still

• Love 1

We talked recently in the Episodes thread about how Paul McCrane branched out into directing on ER, and parlayed that into quite a respectable career directing episodes of numerous TV shows.  So did Laura Innes; shortly after her ER directorial debut, she was tapped to direct an episode of The West Wing, and she went on to direct half a dozen episodes for that show, a dozen for ER, and has directed episodes of shows like Grey's Anatomy, How to Get Away With Murder, and House.

McCrane also directed an episode of The West Wing, House, and Grey's Anatomy, along with episodes of shows such as Major Crimes, CSI, Glee, and Scandal.  (He directed nine episodes of ER.)

• Love 6

Back in 2011, Eriq LaSalle and Noah Wyle did a guest stint on Angie Tribeca, that cop procedural spoof by Rashida Jones.  Of course it was based in a hospital, although Wyle was playing an administrator, not a doctor.  

Cute to see them on comedic roles, but it would have been nice for them to have a scene together.  Oh, well.

quoting from the filmschoolrejects article: "But, Swing Kids. If you want to talk about complex roles, check him out there. He plays a neo-Nazi, and, in a scene where he deliberately breaks the hand of his former best friend, he is terrifying. Wyle is no stranger to challenging roles."

He doesn't play a neo-Nazi in that movie.  Nothing Neo about it. He plays a Nazi. It's set in Germany 1930s/40s. My husband and I rented Swing Kids somewhere late during ERs run. We were both surprised to see Dr. Carter show up on screen as a zealous Hitler Youth member. Kind of took us out of the movie for a moment--not NW's fault but we were very "What!! Dr. Carter?!?"

• Love 2

Yeah, I watched Swing Kids in school when we were learning about WWII.  I remember NW's character being quickly swept up by the Hitler Youth ideology because it looked so impressive and powerful.  In turn, he persuaded Christian Bale's character to join.  

18 minutes ago, TigerLily20 said:

Caught the last 10 minutes of Law and Order SVU on USA during one of it's many marathons today and low and behold Dr. Elizabeth Courdey is also a lawyer lol.....

Now if she had been the lawyer for Anthony Edward's son on SVU, that would have been really funny. ; )

• Love 1

I know its an older film but Noah Wyle was in Donnie Darko. Plus the actress that played Carter's mother on ER, Mary McDonnell played Donnie's mother although I don't think they had any scenes together.

The actor who played Lucien Dubenko (Leland Orser) was in The X Files episode 'Firewalker' from season 2, as a scientist with bipolar disorder. 

I just saw Greenbook, really liked it and Linda Cardellini played the wife of one of the main characters, Dolores.  I really liked her in this movie, really didn't as Sam in ER. ; )

At first it was just her voice I recognized but she still looked great and played the Italian wife very well. 

Edited by debraran
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Matthew Glave (Carter's med school rival Dale) was on last week's episode of The Rookie. I would not have recognized him had someone not mentioned the actor's name in the thread. He looked old!

Wait, that was DALE the weasel? Holy crap!

If anyone has seen the Oprah follow up to Leaving Neverland, 'Oprah Winfrey Presents: After Neverland',  AE makes a brief appearance.  As everyone knows, she interviews the 2 men who were sexually abused by Michael Jackson who appeared in the documentary.  The entire audience is made up of adults who were sexually abused as kids.  AE came forward a couple of years ago and discussed being assaulted by a producer/mentor when he was 12.  He now works with an organization called 1in6 which advocates for men who were abused as boys.  Winfrey mainly asks him about Leaving Neverland and he corroborates the POV of the men in the film as to how they were groomed and why it didn't seem like abuse at the time.

• Love 1

last week's Grey's Anatomy had bald surgeon attending who at first was extremely hard on Neela (very sarcastic) (can't think of his name) as a the husband of a patient. He freaks out as things go wrong and I wanted him to jump in with his surgeon skills.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:10 PM, RedbirdNelly said:

last week's Grey's Anatomy had bald surgeon attending who at first was extremely hard on Neela (very sarcastic) (can't think of his name) as a the husband of a patient. He freaks out as things go wrong and I wanted him to jump in with his surgeon skills.

JP Manoux; he played Dustin Crenshaw. 

• Love 1

I'm watching an episode of Law & Order: SVU (season eight, episode 11, "Burned") in which Michael Michele plays a woman who accuses her estranged husband of rape. She's slightly less wooden than she was on ER. 

It's amusing how many minor characters from ER show up on various Law & Order episodes. The other day, I saw an episode in which the AIDS patient whom Carter tries to get medication for oral thrush plays a lawyer (he's played a lot of lawyers), and the judge looked familiar too. It took me awhile because his accent is different, but he's the patient who is paralyzed after Corday botches his disc surgery. 

13 hours ago, Heathen said:

It's amusing how many minor characters from ER show up on various Law & Order episodes. The other day, I saw an episode in which the AIDS patient whom Carter tries to get medication for oral thrush plays a lawyer (he's played a lot of lawyers), and the judge looked familiar too. It took me awhile because his accent is different, but he's the patient who is paralyzed after Corday botches his disc surgery. 

Sherry Stringfield also had a fairly-prominent role in the Season 19 Law & Order episode, "Zero" playing a law clerk who was basically trying to hide the dementia of the judge (played by Ned Beatty) she clerked for so she could keep her job.

• Love 1

Continuing the SVU/ER theme, earlier today I had David Greene as a defense attorney, and now I have Abby's ex-husband, Richard, as the employer of a murdered nanny. He's just found out that his son isn't his. 

On 4/14/2019 at 3:27 AM, Heathen said:

Given that ER and the L&O franchises aired for a combined 80 years or so and hired approximately 75% of working actors in television there's bound to be a lot of overlap! I suspect that beyond the laws of probability Christopher Misiano played a role, as he directedd quite a few L&O episodes and was hired as a producer on the failed LA spinoff.

SVU and ER also shared Neil Baer as an executive producer.  I believe that had a lot to do with Mariska Hargitay being cast on the former.

5 hours ago, Heathen said:

earlier today I had David Greene as a defense attorney,

John Cullum appeared on the show a lot.  His character become a judge eventually.  I'm not sure if he's still showing up, because the man is almost 90.  He was still working as of a few years ago, which is remarkable.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, starri said:

SVU and ER also shared Neil Baer as an executive producer.  I believe that had a lot to do with Mariska Hargitay being cast on the former.

Good point. Actually just realized I had forgotten to mention that and was coming back to edit my post, but you beat me to it!

On 4/14/2019 at 3:27 AM, Heathen said:

He'll always be Caleb Nichol to me. :)