Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E19: Feeing Seen

This was all over the place, I don't even have that much to say.  The best part was the evolving relationship between Patrick and that young man who needs a father figure, and Patrick and Paul Sr. hugging it out.  I wasn't at all interested in the executive producer shenanigans.  

I want that green dress that Mary Jane wore.

I've said it before, but this show seriously needs to wind up.

• Love 3

I agree. I did not even watch the whole thing, and I never watch it live.  I could not be less interested in the parent's issues.   I saw the end, so I am just waiting for the young man to steal from them or something dramatic.  

I missed what the issue was with Justin. I picked up when the ex sister in law (was he married to the girl?) came in. From what I gather she left him a lot of money and he wants to give the money away?  Did she also leave her family money?  Does Mary Jane want him to keep the money. 

What I picked up on was that he obviously must have told her he did not want to see the sister but she arranged it anyway?  That would make sense considering she is always doing something to sabotage her relationships.   Missed what happened at the office, but I gathered Kara and Justin want the same job?   What a stupid conflict. Clearly everyone knows she is involved with them in different ways  It wouldn't even be ethical for her to "have a say" in who gets the job.  Is that the best they can do for conflict?  

At least I missed Niecy and whatever drama she has.   Please let next season be the last so I can stop watching out of obligation.  I must say, for a change i like Michael Ealy and he just did not need to be in this sad show.  Mary Jane clearly cannot be in a grown up relationship. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

I missed what the issue was with Justin. I picked up when the ex sister in law (was he married to the girl?) came in. From what I gather she left him a lot of money and he wants to give the money away?  Did she also leave her family money?  Does Mary Jane want him to keep the money. 

What I picked up on was that he obviously must have told her he did not want to see the sister but she arranged it anyway?  That would make sense considering she is always doing something to sabotage her relationships.   Missed what happened at the office, but I gathered Kara and Justin want the same job?   What a stupid conflict. Clearly everyone knows she is involved with them in different ways  It wouldn't even be ethical for her to "have a say" in who gets the job.  Is that the best they can do for conflict?  

My memory is sketchy because I didn't pay close attention to this crap, but here goes: 

I'm not even sure it was made clear whether Justin was married to Simone, maybe I missed it, but her sister wanted to see Justin to convince him to spend the money.  I think the sister thought that the money should have gone to her.  She seemed to be quite over Simone's death, and she seemed to want Justin to give her some of the money as well even though she didn't come right out and ask.  I think there was also a house somewhere I think either in NY or CT (you can tell how much I was paying attention, lol) that she thought he should buy.  Of course, Mary Jane wanted him to spend the money even though she (wisely) didn't push it.  

Oh , I forgot, the story about Simone's death was that she had stage 4 cancer and she didn't want treatment, which angered Justin because he wanted her to fight it.  She wanted him to give her an overdose of meds, which is what he did.  So he felt guilty about that, of course, and told the story to Mary Jane.  She was understanding and told him that he shouldn't blame himself, he should realize that he let Simone die in peace and ended her pain and suffering.  So, in the end, he felt "unburdened" enough to spend the damn money instead of giving it away.  No surprise there.

And yes, Mary Jane arranged for the sister to show up anyway without Justin's knowledge.  Because they both wanted him to spend the damn money.

I wasn't paying much attention to the shenanigans about the executive producer gig, but in the end things didn't work out as MJ, Kara and Justin had planned, so for now, the new guy is still the executive producer.    

Regarding the young man, Patrick saw him and another guy kissing, and the young man was terrified until Patrick told him that it was fine, he wasn't judging him.  The young man told him that his family put him out for being gay, which is why he's living alone in a crappy neighborhood.

I didn't pay attention to the Niecey crap.

You know what the problem with this show is?  Nobody changes, nobody grows, everybody does the same thing year after year.  I know in real life that sometimes happens, but not all the time.  Some people do learn from their mistakes.  The problem is nobody on this show EVER learns ANYTHING AT ALL.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

You know what the problem with this show is?  Nobody changes, nobody grows, everybody does the same thing year after year.  I know in real life that sometimes happens, but not all the time.  Some people do learn from their mistakes.  The problem is nobody on this show EVER learns ANYTHING AT ALL.  

I think they're giving Neicey the whole "Im growing and changing " strory arc with the friend being a lazy flake and Neicey becoming more responsible. 

That was her plot this episode, she even gave Patrick sound advice about giving Paul Sr the cold shoulder, which he took.

ETA:

And Patrick showed growth as Ohwell just stated by not relapsing at the news about Paul Sr. not being his bio dad.

Edited by Fairlily26
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Fairlily26 said:

I think they're giving Neicey the whole "Im growing and changing " strory arc with the friend being a lazy flake and Neicey becoming more responsible. 

That was her plot this episode, she even gave Patrick sound advice about giving Paul Sr the cold shoulder, which he took.

Yeah, they're also giving Neicey the "growing" story arc but I still can't stand her.  Which is why I forgot to mention her, lol. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Fairlily26 said:

ETA:

And Patrick showed growth as Ohwell just stated by not relapsing at the news about Paul Sr. not being his bio dad.

Maybe, but how many seasons has it taken anybody in this family to grow?  I guess it's better late than never.

22 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe, but how many seasons has it taken anybody in this family to grow?  I guess it's better late than never.

That happens in real life too. Sometimes it takes five-10 years for someone to get it together.

Trust me, I know, my cousin has already had one kid taken away and is still acting the fool and has a  brand new baby....she'll get it right eventually...I hope.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, they're also giving Neicey the "growing" story arc but I still can't stand her.  Which is why I forgot to mention her, lol. 

I can't stand her either....and she is growing while she is still having sex with people she barely knows online.  She'll show growth until the next stupid action. 

21 hours ago, Ohwell said:

The only one who seems to have "grown," at least some, is Patrick.

Maybe its me, but I think Patrick would grow more away from his family....to some extent maybe the younger brother? Wasn't his arc he was selling weed while in college, but now is a successful realtor? 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Maybe its me, but I think Patrick would grow more away from his family....to some extent maybe the younger brother? Wasn't his arc he was selling weed while in college, but now is a successful realtor? 

I also think that Patrick would grow more away from his family.  I know he has a younger daughter but it would be nice if he could move somewhere else and they visit each other.    

DID NOT miss Helen. She was exhausting the last couple of episodes.

I totally laughed out loud at: 1)Ty fainting when he heard about Justin's 30 million dollars; 2)Aaliyah sucking at playing I'm guessing Taboo; and 3) Dani's interview.

I didn't understand Justin's hang up about the money.

22 hours ago, Fairlily26 said:

That happens in real life too. Sometimes it takes five-10 years for someone to get it together.

I've seen this in my family. You try to help and advise people but at some point you realize people have to learn some things on their own.

As aggravating and eye roll inducing as Niecey is she does appear to be trying to grow up. So I guess I am glad about that. Will she continue down this path especially if a guy appears?

Amika. My god. I don't even know where to begin with her. It's bad enough she seems to leave her kids with any and every body but to do that with your friends' kids without asking them!!!!

My jaw dropped when Mary Jane told Justin that he was sabotaging their relationship and then said that was her move. A moment of self-awareness perhaps? Please. Who am I kidding. We all know MJ is destined to return to her self-destructive ways.

On 9/13/2017 at 7:30 PM, Ohwell said:

Regarding the young man, Patrick saw him and another guy kissing, and the young man was terrified until Patrick told him that it was fine, he wasn't judging him.  The young man told him that his family put him out for being gay, which is why he's living alone in a crappy neighborhood.

This is a storyline with a lot of potential but then I remember how the writers handled the aftermath of Niecey's arrest.

Richard Roundtree can make breakfast for me anytime!

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, woodstock said:

1)Ty fainting when he heard about Justin's 30 million dollars;

How could I forget about poor Ty?  That cracked me up!

27 minutes ago, woodstock said:

Richard Roundtree can make breakfast for me anytime!

He can totally fry me some eggs.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I also think that Patrick would grow more away from his family.  I know he has a younger daughter but it would be nice if he could move somewhere else and they visit each other.    

What happened to the other daughter and where does she live?  I can't remember what their professions were, but it seems as if she and her husband were doing well and it does seem plausible that Patrick might want to start over closer to her, lord knows he has spent enough time with Niecy. 

42 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

What happened to the other daughter and where does she live?  I can't remember what their professions were, but it seems as if she and her husband were doing well and it does seem plausible that Patrick might want to start over closer to her, lord knows he has spent enough time with Niecy. 

Doesn't the other daughter have a white mother?  I seem to remember in the first season I think it was, that Patrick and the mother were having some issues, and I don't think they ever married.  I thought she and the daughter lived in Atlanta as well.  I think they patched things up, I remember the two of them at their daughter's soccer game or something.   

3 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Doesn't the other daughter have a white mother?  I seem to remember in the first season I think it was, that Patrick and the mother were having some issues, and I don't think they ever married.  I thought she and the daughter lived in Atlanta as well.  I think they patched things up, I remember the two of them at their daughter's soccer game or something.   

Patrick has 2 older daughters. One is older than Niecy, and she's the one doing well who visited a few seasons ago. 

And ues, his younger daughter has a white mother, who's also in recovery like Patrick. I thought Patrick had custody of D'Asia. Where has she been?

In any event, the actress probably wasn't available. The little girl who plays D'Asia is now eleven years old, and she stars on a Disney channel show with Raven Symone. 

15 hours ago, topanga said:

Patrick has 2 older daughters. One is older than Niecy, and she's the one doing well who visited a few seasons ago. 

Wow,  I don't even remember the daughter older than Niecy.  I just remember Jill Scott as the ex-wife. 

• Love 1

Who knows with this show they could have Chuck Cunningham, or Judy Winslow'd the other daughter. I think she is older than NIecy as she already had a career (or at least a job)  I want to say as a pharmacist or something.   She and her husband/boyfriend were in at least one episode, but I don't know that they have EVER mentioned them since, not when Niecy was talking about her childhood,  or when Patrick had a relapse.  I am not sure if she and Niecy had the same mother. I tend to fast forward through Niecy scenes, so I don't know if she and Jill Scott's character talked about the sister when she was on.

I had TOTALLY forgotten about the younger daughter and her mother, but that is a good question. I was actually one who thought they might show Patrick and the principal starting to flirt or get close.  I was hoping for that and less Mary Jane doesn't have a man and keeps messing up at work drama.  I don't know why the writers think we'd rather see Niecy than Patrick or Paul Jr. 

I'm just glad someone else remembers her!  My sister swears I made it up.  I want to say she was in the pilot episode, but I can't seem to remember details about this show for some reason, but I remember every episode of Law and Order, and some soap opera episodes from when I used to watch them...go figure. 

3 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

I was actually one who thought they might show Patrick and the principal starting to flirt or get close.  I was hoping for that and less Mary Jane doesn't have a man and keeps messing up at work drama.  I don't know why the writers think we'd rather see Niecy than Patrick or Paul Jr. 

Yes!  Whatever happened to story about Patrick and the principal?  And yes, where the hell is Paul Jr.?  I would much rather see more stories about these two than Mary Jane and Kara. 

I'm still trying to figure out why MJ was moved from Atlanta to NYC. As far as I can tell, they're not doing anything with the storylines that couldn't have been done in Atlanta. Meanwhile, many of the Atlanta storylines have been dropped without resolution, and the scenes involving the family feel disjointed. It's almost like watching 2 separate shows.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, Ohwell said:

Oh , I forgot, the story about Simone's death was that she had stage 4 cancer and she didn't want treatment, which angered Justin because he wanted her to fight it.  She wanted him to give her an overdose of meds, which is what he did.  So he felt guilty about that, of course, and told the story to Mary Jane.

My whole head turned into a WOOGAH! horn when he told MJ his deepest secret.  Doesn't Justin know by now that Mary Jane can't keep her mouth shut???  I thought the very next scene was going to be MJ looking dumbfounded while she told Kara in hushed tones about Justin's hand in assisted suicide.

Mary Jane's had that job about five minutes--handing her serious input into the Executive Producer job is ridiculous.  Ooh, bestie versus boyfriend.  Edge of my seat.  [sarcasm]

I'm pretty shocked that I'm finding all the stuff going on back in Atlanta so interesting.  I liked Niecey growing up and being responsible.  Daycare!  Hey, there's an idea.

I think the kid whose father kicked him out for being gay had more of an impact on Patrick than Niecey scolding him, but either way, it was nice to see him reflect and come around.  And I like the kid, so I'm okay with him moving in.

Wherever you are, Helen, it's okay to stay there--lots of ladies hungry for some of Paul's special breakfast.

• Love 1