Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: It Ain't Easy Being Green

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Tension is high as Kate and Nico continue to struggle operating with a crew of newbies; the crew welcomes their first charter guests; Captain Lee finds himself having to get more involved in troubleshooting the problems the crew faces.

It took them sitting side-by-side to realize that Bri and Baker are two different people. 

The single mom reminds me of Kim from RHoBH - they both have that wide-eyed perpetually confused look.  The hell was happening with her at the restaurant?

I couldn't help but contrast Kate going out with her crew to Hannah from BD: Med. No drunken groping there.

• Love 8

Chris Brown has no game.  Chris Brown is stunted at the age of 14.  Chris Brown is not going to last long.  But longer than I want to hear "Chris Brown".

I wasn't sure I would recover from giggling, like a 14 year old....at Captain Lee. "I wouldn't pay for a one handed massage. Did I really just say that?".

Yes.  Yes you did!  And it completely felt organic. 

Bri is Malia. All the boys want her and a previous relationship with crew member except it's out in the open.  Here's hoping the drama is minimal. 

Put Bruno inside.  He's worked various service positions on a cruise ship.  I hope he gets through the season.

Single mom.  Needs training. I missed why Kate was laughing at her.  The previews look bad.  No one should be criticised in front of a customer. I hope context makes it not as horrible as it looked.

Chef Canada.  RAWR! I'm finding him all kinds of sexy.  Please don't be a douche.  Please stay all hot, studiously quiet when working and loose when you're partying.  If you can do that? I don't care what else happens. 

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, Luciano said:

It took them sitting side-by-side to realize that Bri and Baker are two different people.

Me too.

The single mom reminds me of Kim from RHoBH - they both have that wide-eyed perpetually confused look.  The hell was happening with her at the restaurant?

She was spontaneously giving herself an orgasm as one does when at a table with your work colleagues in a crowded restaurant.

28 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Chris Brown has no game.  Chris Brown is stunted at the age of 14.  Chris Brown is not going to last long.  But longer than I want to hear "Chris Brown".

It's not even that he has no game. He's just boring to everyone. He's having the same conversations with the chef, Nico, Kate, and Bri.

Put Bruno inside.  He's worked various service positions on a cruise ship.  I hope he gets through the season.

Single mom.  Needs training. I missed why Kate was laughing at her.  The previews look bad.  No one should be criticised in front of a customer. I hope context makes it not as horrible as it looked.

Stew mom is completely incompetent. Bruno is pretty terrible as a deckhand. At least try Bruno in the interior. Good stews can make a bad charter good, but a bad deckhand can actually destroy a ship. Bruno theoretically seems to know how to stew based on his experience. Kate was laughing at stew mom because she's cartoonishly bad at her job. It's bitchy, but stew mom is terrible.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 16

Gosh.  Is this the best they could do with new cast members.  They're all a yawn so far.

I did laugh when Cap commented about the sailboat and called it a little prick.  I'm a sailor and there are rules about when a sailboat, under sail, has the right of way.  Please note.  Not always.  More than less often, a powered vessel doesn't abide the rules.  I do know that Lee is a sailor from pictures on Bravo, so his comment just cracked me up.

Other than that, I got nothing.  I'm hoping the season will get better.

• Love 3

Chris Brown you were a 26 year old virgin, not having sex from birth into your teen years is not being celibate its considered normal. Yes it sounds like in your teen years you made a decision to abstain but stop repeating the 26 year celibacy nonsense.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

I don't get the fascination with Bri. *shrug* 

Slim pickings is all I have for a reason.

Nico, you're only the lead because everyone else is new. Unlike Kate, you haven't "earned your stripes" at all. Check the 'tude, you're not Captain Lee.

It's a little disconcerting to hear Chris Brown say he wanted to "isolate" Bri. It sounds creepy...how about saying hope you get the chance to spend time with her instead? He's so awkward. He's so stunted.

A Red Bull or coffee is the worst thing to drink when hungover, Nico - drink water! 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 5

Something tells me this Chris Brown guy's "26 years of celibacy" is more due to his grating personality than a religious devotion. Pretty sure his Christianity still defines him, as long as he keeps talking about it to literally everyone.

Anyone else hear Miley Cyrus every time Baker talks? 

• Love 8

Baker and her RV need to meet up with Chef Adam and his van.

Jen is giving Ramona from RHONY a run for the "crazy eyes" title.  If she acted like a half normal person, maybe the wide eyed look wouldn't be bothersome, but, my god, the chick is nuts.

I can't put my finger on it yet, but something strikes me as off with Matt.  Not even drunken, dancing fool Matt...but sober, collected cooking Matt.  Maybe it's that he's a little too calm in the kitchen for a chef.  

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Maybe it's that he's a little too calm in the kitchen for a chef.  

I think he's great! He knows his job and just wants to do it. It looks like he's got technique and isn't a lazy bum like some we've seen. The "no pants" thing is really old though.

And I just saw him call out Bruno for helping himself to the communal meal instead of helping get everything on the table. I guess Bruno's parents didn't teach him any "family manners" as a kid! No way my kiddos would have gotten away with that nonsense.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She was spontaneously giving herself an orgasm as one does when at a table with your work colleagues in a crowded restaurant.

9 hours ago, dosodog said:

I read this before watching and thought y'all were just SPECULATING. Good Lord, she told people that's what she was doing???

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Lord, this crew is a mess. 

Bruno is way too sensitive for yachting. Despite HIS many issues, I agreed with Chris Brown - you just gotta let shit roll off your back and keep trying. 

But yea, Chris is a major fuckup himself. How old is he? Because he had his first alcohol at 22 and his first fuck at 26, and now it's like he's making up for lost time. What, is he 27? 28? It's embarrassing to watch, and he's about to let it interfere with his work. 

Baker is decent; a hard worker and a quick learner. The problem is that Nico just isn't fit to lead. He's quite competent himself, and I did like that he took part ownership for his crew not learning fast enough. But I just don't know that he has it in him and inspire and be able to teach in an effective way. 

But it's Kate I really feel for. Lee's got backup who can handle the big deck crew things. She's got little and less help inside. Jen is just so scatterbrained. Not only does she not know what anything is, she loses track of what she's doing and wastes a ton of time. I just can't help but think she should be at home with her daughter, instead of wasting everyone's time on a yacht. 

Bri might be okay, but there's just something about her.....I can't quite place it. I will say, Nico's fidelity is 100% on him. But I didn't like when she said, "I know he's in a relationship and I would never get in the way of that", then sat there at dinner, flirting and rubbing her arm all over him. Gross. 

I continue to like Kate and the chef. I continue to get bored when the crew gets a night out. Next charter guests, please!

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I continue to like Kate and the chef. I continue to get bored when the crew gets a night out. Next charter guests, please!

I could totally sympathize with Kate when she said she'd rather be home doing her taxes. I also do not particularly want to watch a bunch of 20-somethings drink too much. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, dosodog said:

Absolutely. Bruno would be a great steward. Replace Jen with Bruno and get another deckhand. Preferably one who knows a thing or two about boats. 

9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

It's not even that he has no game. He's just boring to everyone. He's having the same conversations with the chef, Nico, Kate, and Bri.

He talks about drinking and partying like he just discovered it yesterday. To people on a yacht. Who've been elbow deep in alcohol and late nights for YEARS now. It's nothing new. Or exciting. He needs to be able to read a room, because he clearly can't tell that people are not interested in what he has to say. 

1 hour ago, dleighg said:

I think he's great! He knows his job and just wants to do it. It looks like he's got technique and isn't a lazy bum like some we've seen

I love him as well. I will admit I was a Ben fan, but watching Matt has made me realize how much anxiety having Ben and Kate on the same boat was giving me. This is so refreshing. And I loved when she said she now had, "Canada in the kitchen, instead of North Korea". 

3 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I could totally sympathize with Kate when she said she'd rather be home doing her taxes. I also do not particularly want to watch a bunch of 20-somethings drink too much. 

Exactly. It makes me tired just watching them. I can't imagine actually having to be there. I wonder if there are other options - like, some people could go party and a few others could go for a nice, quiet dinner. 

• Love 10

Yea, Kate vs. Hannah on crew night out was completely different and the way it should be done and I'm not usually a Kate fan. Nico handled it professionally as well. They were both on top of it and knew when they should call it a night. 

I have a feeling Chris Brown isn't going to last long. Was it him or the Chef that said something about Bri's balloon knot? Totally gross and inappropriate! 

I think Bruno would be better suited to interior crew. What did Capt. Lee say? That he'd hire a day crew to come in and flip the boat so Kate could teach her crew how to work? They should just start over with a new crew. I'm surprised not that many vets from previous seasons want to return.

I actually miss Amy and Emile. And Ben. This cast just isn't doing it for me. 

• Love 2

Am I missing something about the single mother?  She has a young child, yet she's voluntarily away from her for weeks at a time?  She says, this is her DREAM.  So, I take it that it's not about the money, just a challenge for her.  Still, it's basically doing housecleaning on a boat...so, why is that a huge dream.  I just don't see how doing that job when you have a child at home is worth it.  I assume that she has proper child care, but, that's a long time to voluntarily not see your kid, especially, if you are the primary caretaker. 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Am I missing something about the single mother?  She has a young child, yet she's voluntarily away from her for weeks at a time?  She says, this is her DREAM.  So, I take it that it's not about the money, just a challenge for her.  Still, it's basically doing housecleaning on a boat...so, why is that a huge dream.  I just don't see how doing that job when you have a child at home is worth it.  I assume that she has proper child care, but, that's a long time to voluntarily not see your kid, especially, if you are the primary caretaker. 

I'm guessing her "dream" was to travel, see the Caribbean. But she can't afford to that, so yachthing has become her "dream". I don't see cleaning yachts as being anyone's dream, and she doesn't appear to have any sort of experience in a service setting. 

I agree about her kid, though. Too long and too far with a young kid at home. Pursue your "dream" once the child is an adult. Maybe by then you'd learn how to make a simple cup of tea. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ryebread said:

OMG.  That rock wall looked like a blast.

when I first heard it I thought "who would want to do a rock wall on a boat?" But then I saw it and get the appeal. No fear of falling, just fun!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dleighg said:

when I first heard it I thought "who would want to do a rock wall on a boat?" But then I saw it and get the appeal. No fear of falling, just fun!

The physical activity/difficulty of climbing the wall and then free falling into the ocean would be incredible.  Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

We know someone that has one on their pool.  Obviously not that tall - maybe 10 feet -, but it's still fun.  However, when I did it, there were a couple friends sitting poolside watching as I made a fool of my bathing-suited ass trying to climb it.  I'd prefer doing it on a boat where only the dolphins were watching from below. LOL

• Love 4
15 hours ago, dosodog said:

Bri is Malia.

Yep.  Nailed it.   She seems nice enough but I don't get the fascination.  It also annoyed me that she recognized that Nico had a girlfriend and she said she didn't want to interfere with that but she asked him, rather than Baker, to let her know if she had a nip slip.  Say what??  

I get that Nico is young but seriously . . . you're not the most faithful guy?  Who is his girlfriend?  Have some pride, girl, and dump him.

I'm with Kate - - being with this bunch on my own time would be punishment.  I think I would rather stay on the boat and read a good book. 

Bruno is sensitive but I felt somewhat sorry for him.  He would be a better stew but at least he's trying.  I'm not sure telling him and Chris Brown that Captain Lee specifically said they weren't allowed to touch the lines was the best thing.

Matt is my favorite so far.  Please don't mess that up, Matt.

Jen definitely isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but if the previews weren't the editing monkeys playing with us, Kate should not be telling guests (or anyone else) that Jen isn't good at her job.

Chris Brown needs to calm down and wake up.

• Love 3

Bri is trying too hard to be Kate Hudson and she's no Kate Hudson. Also, I don't really care for Kate Hudson so you can imagine how much I like Bri. This was before she was even rubbing up on Nico.

Chris Brown also creeps me out and the comment about how he was going to "isolate" Bri didn't help with that at all. 

I'm thankful for Kate who is a boss and Nico who really means well but has zero leadership qualities. He's a good enough guy to get by.

I find Bruno hilarious going on and on about what a hard worker he is while constantly complaining that he's so tired. Anyone else want to know exactly what he did on that cruise ship???

• Love 5

Bruno likely hosted trivia. He's such a wimp. Gawd, with the bitching.

I actually think Nico is doing okay at leading. I liked how he pep talked Bruno at the bar. I think high maintenance employees must be exhausting but these duds are all Nico has so it's best to maintain. I guess.

Chris Brown is creepy. Matt shows signs of creep too. Waiting for that shoe to drop.

Jen is totally whack. OMG, don't care if Kate telling her she sucks on previews is inappropriate....I am so looking forward to that episode. Girl needs to go home with her kid. And she said she's doing this dream job because she is obsessed with boats. Um....me thinks she is hoping to meet rich guy. Girl needs to look at Kate to see how that goes.

Debu-NOT....she's doing okay. Her voice is all gruff like Miley. She is rough around the edges and no chance of any debutante there. Can take the girl out of the country but can't take the country out of the girl.

Cap Lee is a dirty old bird. He does have some funny lines but he's still a dirty bird. I do like he is straight shooter tough and I like that about Kate too.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Absolutely. Bruno would be a great steward. Replace Jen with Bruno and get another deckhand. Preferably one who knows a thing or two about boats. 

Nothing I have seen from Bruno shows me he would make a great anything. He started crying when Matt told him in a very calm manner to help Chris Brown bring down the food, I don't think he could hack this job. It really makes me wonder what he has been doing on a cruse ship for five years.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

I don't get the fascination with Bri. *shrug* 

Men are idiots and will chase the same girl all of the other guys are chasing...just because.....even if she isn't attractive. Swear men care more about what other men think, competition, versus actually liking the girl and gets a mind of their own.  Had to laugh about her butt likes, girlllllll what as*? flatter than a pancake.

• Love 4

Watching a rerun.  They had a marathon on yesterday (I think?), and it was where Amy and mermaid girl (had to look up her name - Rocky, crazy Rocky) were the stews.  Rocky looks like a genius compared to Jen.  This is basically housekeeping with some additional rules.  It's not rocket science.  If it's that hard, get a small notebook and make notes.  I write down everything, so I know I'd be doing that.  Kate would probably love that, as it shows you're trying to absorb and learn.  

I'm not sure what Bruno would excel at.  He thinks he's great in schmoozing with the clients, but he seemed awkward in the little conversations he had with the client (I think when they were using the water 'toys').   He'd be asking how to clean, doing what he knew on how to serve guests.  Ok I read his Bravo bio.  Says he worked as a waiter in some 5 star restaurants.  I don't see it.  Then he moved on to be an officer on a cruise ship in guest services and guest relations.  I had to look up what that job entailed - basically think of it as the front desk person at a hotel, with some other duties.  

Then Chris Brown needed a nap for his hangover, because you know from not drinking the hangover hits Chris Brown hard now.  

It's a race to see who gets the first ticket home.

• Love 3

Chris Brown reminds me an awful lot of a guy I taught abroad with.  Former born-again Christian, worked really hard in his first few weeks in-country to make sure he had a fully stocked bar, taught his classes like a locker-room chat... then got fired and kicked out of the country for inappropriately texting with a student. I think Chris Brown is gonna cross a line and it won't take long.

• Love 2
On 9/13/2017 at 9:00 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

My guess is MONEY. She'll earn a ton from her Bravo paycheck and her tips. Should keep them for awhile. HOWEVER anyone who has "orgasms" at the dinner table? With co workers? Is DEAD to me. Tacky, classless, fame whoring, shit. 

I was wondering too about that one guy working inside. But stews work pretty hard and he doesn't strike me as the type to work hard. He just wants to be complimented and told how great he is. Snowflake. I'm assuming yachts are a NOT a learn as go experience. You have to be tough to handle the criticism and then you have to actually LEARN from said criticism. All he can do is cry. (I worked in food and beverage for over 40 years. You HAVE to be tough!) 

Chris Brown is a No #1 creeper. Chris Brown needs to get over himself. NOONE cares about your sex life! I sure as hell don't. And the only thing that creep could find to have sex with would be a blow up doll. UGH.

Betting they are contractually required to go on those free nights drink a thons. Yes too whoever said Kate and Nico handled themselves well and called it a night so they could all, you know, work in the morning. 

Canada in the kitchen-I love Kate

One handed massage-I love Cap. Lee

• Love 3
23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Nothing I have seen from Bruno shows me he would make a great anything. He started crying when Matt told him in a very calm manner to help Chris Brown bring down the food, I don't think he could hack this job. It really makes me wonder what he has been doing on a cruse ship for five years.

Getting a lot of love and compliments from single women (young and old), while calling out bingo numbers or doing dance lessons!   LOL  

• Love 4

Bruno is the worst kind of employee/coworker. Incompetent and overly sensitive, the kind that thinks because they're TRYING that they should be given grace. Nope, in business not just yachting it's about results not intention. He totally doesn't get it and his whining about talking nice to everyone grates when we all know it wouldn't matter how nicely they tell him he isn't doing a good job he would still cry and whine. Sigh. 

• Love 3

I bet you Bruno was on a cruise ship activities staff, which doesn't really correlate to the work being done by either the deck crew OR interior stews on a yacht.  Activities staff are the ones who host all the events and contests (like someone said, trivia) and teach classes and run activities.  They work hard but it's much more social and interactive than what would be required on a charter yacht 24/7.  He could have also been a youth counselor, or been on the shore excursion staff.  Anyway, my point is something that required a lot of interaction with guests but not much manual labor.

• Love 1

I want Captain Lee to be on every season, forever. Was it 7-8 minutes that it took Jen to make ONE cup of tea? Jeez. I was never a big fan of Kate, but she is growing on me this season. She is definitely the most professional chief stew while on duty, IMO. 

• Love 4

Maybe, I have this mixed up.  I thought that you had to already be a yacht person working and trained, and THEN you got evaluate to be featured on Below Deck.  So, is it now common for people to get hired by Bravo to be on Below Deck and THEN they get a job on a boat and training that is required?  

• Love 1

Awww I really like Nico this time around. He's doing a good job but I'm confused, is he a bosun or not?  So sorry to hear about his brother. 

Compare this crew's night out to the Below Deck Med crew. What a difference. This one boring. Med crew literally falling down drunk to the point of not being able to find their way back to the yacht! 

I don't miss Hannah. Love this new chef so far. All charter guests should behave the way these guests did. Give respect and you will get it back. Good tippers, too!

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Awww I really like Nico this time around. He's doing a good job but I'm confused, is he a bosun or not?  So sorry to hear about his brother. 

No. He's not bosun. He's senior deckhand or lead deckhand. 

• Love 2
On September 14, 2017 at 9:16 AM, eurekagirl mOo said:

My guess is MONEY. She'll earn a ton from her Bravo paycheck and her tips. Should keep them for awhile. HOWEVER anyone who has "orgasms" at the dinner table? With co workers? Is DEAD to me. Tacky, classless, fame whoring, shit. 

LOL, she's not dead to me for acting silly.  She'd be dead to me for being a racist, but being classless isn't hurting anybody but herself.

• Love 5