Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

S12.E06: Media Training

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, exitstageleft said:

Cassie was the one who was trying desperately to get into the show, but had a hard time being one of the chorus. She would "pop" her head which made her stand out and Michael Douglas' character kept yelling at her because she was too extra.

We're downsizing and I recently found an old program from one of the many times I saw A Chorus Line on stage in Chicago in the 70s. Bebe Neuwirth played Cassie in that particular performance. I didn't even know who she was then because she hadn't done any television. I kind of like the extra pop, but I can understand there are times when they want everyone to be uniform. 

Edited by SSAHotchner

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

I think Brennan's issue is that the underlying muscles in her face make her mouth look almost like a snarl, or that she's baring her teeth, when she tries to smile. There are speech pathologists that prescribe face/mouth/tongue/jaw exercises that can help to balance this out.

See I was wondering if she's just had a lot of Botox and can't move her face ;).  It's like everything from her cheekbones up doesn't move...even when she smiles. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, California Girl said:

I like Molly as well.  If she makes the team I predict she will become a fan favorite.  I don't know why I think this, but she gives off a Brittney Schram vibe to me.  Like maybe sexy looking, but in a playful way?

Yeah. If u look at her IG posts, she has a great sense of humor.

I'm really liking Savannah as well, and Gina. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Calicocats said:

Uniform fittings:  everyone this year is in shape.  No one is a concern in the uniform.

Two days later:  Rachel looks thick.

Yeah.  I also think Keyra has thick looking legs.  So did Jasmine from the Jets a few seasons ago.  Why is it that K& J don't say anything to the black girls about thick thighs but Vivian Relena caught so much flack about hers a few seasons back?  The inconsistency is interesting.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, ReneeK said:

Yeah.  I also think Keyra has thick looking legs.  So did Jasmine from the Jets a few seasons ago.  Why is it that K& J don't say anything to the black girls about thick thighs but Vivian Relena caught so much flack about hers a few seasons back?  The inconsistency is interesting.  

Assuming I agreed that Keyra and Jasmine had thick thighs, in order for that to be a fair comparison I think Keyra and Jasmine would need to be about Vivian's height.  I think their issue with Vivian was about proportions.  She had short legs with heavy thighs in tall boots.  Kelly in particular really seems to have a thing about short legs.  If you're vertically challenged you better at least have thin thighs that help give the illusion of longer legs.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I do media training and communications coaching as part of my job.  I really, really hope we only saw one part of it.  It's fine if you want to throw people on camera right away, just to see how they do, and then watch back the tape.  But after that you REALLY need to do the actual training part!  Help them understand key messages and talking points, teach them techniques like bridging, give them ways to "get out of" answering sticky or difficult questions, talk them through how to stand, where to look, how to control the interview, etc.  If what we saw is all the DCC get, it's REALLY incomplete.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, DragonFlyzz said:

Assuming I agreed that Keyra and Jasmine had thick thighs, in order for that to be a fair comparison I think Keyra and Jasmine would need to be about Vivian's height.  I think their issue with Vivian was about proportions.  She had short legs with heavy thighs in tall boots.  Kelly in particular really seems to have a thing about short legs.  If you're vertically challenged you better at least have thin thighs that help give the illusion of longer legs.

I agree w/ Kelli about being anti-short legs...  The DCC is a very "leg focused" performance group - short shorts and boots, a kickline, etc. short legs just don't look as good.

Thick thighs are no problem if legs are long and neither is being short (Jenna is an example of someone who is itty bitty, but she has the legs of a 5'4" girl).  Vivian was short, and her legs were short...

TCC Tara has really out of proportion short legs, I'm surprised Kelly is letting that go.  

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ReneeK said:

Yeah.  I also think Keyra has thick looking legs.  So did Jasmine from the Jets a few seasons ago.  Why is it that K& J don't say anything to the black girls about thick thighs but Vivian Relena caught so much flack about hers a few seasons back?  The inconsistency is interesting.  

I think Jasmine was very proportional: tall, toned, flat stomach, but with a thighs, breasts, and a behind. and not muscular.  I thought that was the DCC ideal.jasmine.jpg.a0c38aaa42c19a691e23bce4ada312ae.jpgjasmine-goode-4.thumb.jpg.fb9e76d6db65182b05957d8c7359e955.jpg

Keyra is built like Serena Williams, ass and thighs for days.  She's built like a sprinter, her buttocks and thighs just seem to be bigger naturally.  And I love that they were open enough to accept a different body type.  On the show Keyra is constantly being praised by Kellie and multiple guest choreographers for her dancing, which should be the biggest factor in making the team.

Let me say I am a Vivian fan (unpopular opinion #1).  Vivian's first year of TC was the thigh comment, and they said she needed to lose weight overall.  She came back the next year leaner, looked even better, and made TC again.

I think this year has shown that this is a super scripted show, that relies on editing to support they're cuts.  They never seemed to like Vivian and edited the show accordingly.  I think Vivian should have made the team both years (unpopular opinion #2).  I think her cut the 2nd time was BS.  Who cares if she looks in the mirror?

If we can have Megan and Amy (last season) jiggling everywhere, Rachel looking like a linebacker, and Tasha and Maddie being soft, then there certainly is room for a toned and fit girl with no jiggle, who can dance her ass off.

I think that Keyra is the best at DCC style in her class..

I'll share the rest of my thoughts in the unpopular opinion thread.

Edited by hypeman · Reason: Remove a spoiler (sorry)
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I think Jasmine was very proportional: tall, toned, flat stomach, but with a thighs, breasts, and a behind. and not muscular.  I thought that was the DCC ideal.jasmine.jpg.a0c38aaa42c19a691e23bce4ada312ae.jpgjasmine-goode-4.thumb.jpg.fb9e76d6db65182b05957d8c7359e955.jpg

Keyra is built like Serena Williams, ass and thighs for days.  She's built like a sprinter, her buttocks and thighs just seem to be bigger naturally.  And I love that they were open enough to accept a different body type.  On the show Keyra is constantly being praised by Kellie and multiple guest choreographers for her dancing, which should be the biggest factor in making the team.

Let me say I am a Vivian fan (unpopular opinion #1).  Vivian's first year of TC was the thigh comment, and they said she needed to lose weight overall.  She came back the next year leaner, looked even better, and made TC again.

I think this year has shown that this is a super scripted show, that relies on editing to support they're cuts.  They never seemed to like Vivian and edited the show accordingly.  I think Vivian should have made the team both years (unpopular opinion #2).  I think her cut the 2nd time was BS.  Who cares if she looks in the mirror?

If we can have Megan and Amy (last season) jiggling everywhere, Rachel looking like a linebacker, and Tasha and Maddie being soft, then there certainly is room for a toned and fit girl with no jiggle, who can dance her ass off.

I think that Keyra is the best at DCC style in her class.  I actually think she (and Khalyn) didn't make Show Group because there were already 3 black girls in Show Group (unpopular opinion #3).

I'll share the rest of my thoughts in the unpopular opinion thread.

Amen

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

I think Jasmine was very proportional: tall, toned, flat stomach, but with a thighs, breasts, and a behind. and not muscular.  I thought that was the DCC ideal.jasmine.jpg.a0c38aaa42c19a691e23bce4ada312ae.jpgjasmine-goode-4.thumb.jpg.fb9e76d6db65182b05957d8c7359e955.jpg

Keyra is built like Serena Williams, ass and thighs for days.  She's built like a sprinter, her buttocks and thighs just seem to be bigger naturally.  And I love that they were open enough to accept a different body type.  On the show Keyra is constantly being praised by Kellie and multiple guest choreographers for her dancing, which should be the biggest factor in making the team.

Let me say I am a Vivian fan (unpopular opinion #1).  Vivian's first year of TC was the thigh comment, and they said she needed to lose weight overall.  She came back the next year leaner, looked even better, and made TC again.

I think this year has shown that this is a super scripted show, that relies on editing to support they're cuts.  They never seemed to like Vivian and edited the show accordingly.  I think Vivian should have made the team both years (unpopular opinion #2).  I think her cut the 2nd time was BS.  Who cares if she looks in the mirror?

If we can have Megan and Amy (last season) jiggling everywhere, Rachel looking like a linebacker, and Tasha and Maddie being soft, then there certainly is room for a toned and fit girl with no jiggle, who can dance her ass off.

I think that Keyra is the best at DCC style in her class..

I'll share the rest of my thoughts in the unpopular opinion thread.

I heartily agree to 90% of your post...looks wise I think Vivian was just fine, especially year two. Dancing was off tho and she was plain old crazy town. She had great power but kicks weren't great. Judging by this year's camp tho, low kicks don't seem to matter as much. Would have been a year for race car Taylor! 

I love Keyra's more muscular build the way I've always like Stephanie's norm. And I like the thicker yet still not jiggly girls too. Room for everyone! 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I think Brennan is one of those people who can literally never relax. I never really cared for and wasn't sure why- probably because of this ever present intensity. Now that I understand her a little better, I actually feel empathy for her. This quality will help her excel at her insurance job, but makes her an unlikely fit for an entertainer. Also, her wonky eye...has this been discussed? She's really pretty but her eyes make me uncomfortable. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think Brianna looks like she got lost, wound up in a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders audition, is scared, and would like to go call her mom now.  This is how she always looks to me, yet somehow Brennan gets called in and she doesn't.  She doesn't get called in for anything.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh, seriously? Kelli's justifying forcing the girls to learn hip hop and contemporary because it will show her who the most diverse dancers in the room are? I do not see the point in wasting time on learning dance styles that they aren't going to perform on the field. Unless the DCC are going to march out on the fifty yard line and do a contemporary routine, then Kelli is wasting precious rehearsal time when they could be working on one of the million DCC routines that they need to know before football season begins.

I had to laugh at Kelli telling Molly that she either needs to relax or get botox so she stops furrowing her brow. DEFINITELY! Just kidding. It's funny how sometimes people get stuck on certain words and then repeat them. One woman at my office used "absolutely" constantly. Once I noticed this verbal tic of hers, it was like a neon sign over her head every time she said it.

I had to laugh at Madeline saying she was going to eat pancakes after she got cut.

On 9/8/2017 at 9:53 AM, ElenaFR said:

Brianna is improving but just too immature. She is the classic example of good looks getting preferential treatment. 

Heh, so she's the new Meagan Flaherty?

On 9/8/2017 at 0:22 PM, Java said:

The choreographer Bree is annoying. They keep saying she was a finalist on a dance show like that gives her instant professional cred to be teaching DCC.

Slight correction: Kelli said that Bree (and Jordan, the hip hop choreographer from last week) APPEARED on So You Think You Can Dance. Neither of them made the top 20. They both got through the open auditions, got tickets to Vegas, and then got cut. The only reason people remember Bree's audition is because her daughter came up on the stage to dance:

 

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:26 PM, Mitzi.B said:

,It was when the rookies were dancing around in the studio during uniform fittings.

I watched again today. I saw the picture of 2 DCCs  if it's the one you're referring to. Kelsey Bond was on the left and on the right ( blurry looking ) looked like Paige to me. I saw it twice once behind Gina and again behind Kalyssa.  I'm just guessing it's Paige and don't know why it was blurred out unless the Cowboys organization is still mad at her .

Edited by MrsEVH

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I watched again today. I saw the picture of 2 DCCs  if it's the one you're referring to. Kelsey Bond was on the left and on the right ( blurry looking ) looked like Paige to me. I saw it twice once behind Gina and again behind Kalyssa.  I'm just guessing it's Paige and don't know why it was blurred out unless the Cowboys organization is still mad at her .

They gave her a job, so I doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I watched again today. I saw the picture of 2 DCCs  if it's the one you're referring to. Kelsey Bond was on the left and on the right ( blurry looking ) looked like Paige to me. I saw it twice once behind Gina and again behind Kalyssa.  I'm just guessing it's Paige and don't know why it was blurred out unless the Cowboys organization is still mad at her .

I watched it again and saw 2 faces blurred out, too.  Considering that building is new, it doesn't make any sense for them to post huge pics of DCCs not in good standing with the organization? I would imagine the contract you sign as a DCC gives them the right to use your image in advertising, TV, etc. so I just don't get it!

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, DragonFlyzz said:

Assuming I agreed that Keyra and Jasmine had thick thighs, in order for that to be a fair comparison I think Keyra and Jasmine would need to be about Vivian's height.  I think their issue with Vivian was about proportions.  She had short legs with heavy thighs in tall boots.  Kelly in particular really seems to have a thing about short legs.  If you're vertically challenged you better at least have thin thighs that help give the illusion of longer legs.

I agree. Keyra and Jasmine are proportionate for their height. While body types vary between people, it seems like alot of black women tend to have a different (thicker) body type.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm just now getting to watch this...with the Blue Angels flying overhead practicing..can we get the DCC and Blues to do something together puhhhleassssse?! ??

The TCC's who can't crank the cocoa are so obvious to me this year.

Oh and I really don't like Bree. Really didn't like her whenever she chewed Angela out that one year. Yay you were on SYTYCD, I don't watch that show, but, girl, humble pie is a good taste for everyone ??

I like Keith. More of this and people like Jordan...Yaaaahhhh. ???

ETA: I did like Bree's hair/hair color this time, idk she just rubs me the wrong way. Also, when Brianna started crying after Keith's compliment- awwww! Presh. Really.

Edited by MissKrisPcola
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

14 minutes ago, MissKrisPcola said:

ETA: I did like Bree's hair/hair color this time, idk she just rubs me the wrong way. Also, when Brianna started crying after Keith's compliment- awwww! Presh. Really.

It looked like she and Christina had the same hair style.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

@MrsEVH yes, the styles do seem almost identical. I liked the color, that smoky kinda almost greyish rooted blonde. I'm a fan lol.

Is it just me or does Miranda always look like she's about to bust out in tears at any moment?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think the blurring effect on the photos hanging up is because it was of girls who were outsid the focus of the camera.  Those weren't part of the large full squad photo on th 50 yard line...they were close ups of individual girls (like Erica) and because we are only seeing a small piece of the edge of those pictures, we are seeing the girls who were not in focus.  

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size