Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E06: Media Training

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Ferniesfreckles said:

Well Brianna gets another week.  But, please, stop crying. ??  Miranda continues to look very nice. 

There's another brunette I saw for a split second who looked beautiful as well, during that last dance rehearsal, I wonder who she is. 

Holly had some sort of tape on her leg that made it look all messed up. 

That news lady was sort of mean.  I love Mickey and his football commentary. 

I think that tape was that KT tape. It's supposed to help with pain, muscle soreness and stuff. Really popular among athletes. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I thought these girls already had makeovers.  The root problems are VERY obvious and some girls look like they did at prelims (meaning no change).  I wonder if the makeovers were done out of sequence and CMT just added them in.  

They are filmed in sequence.

4 hours ago, mmm said:

Brennan is 28 !!!! , she comes off and looks like Teenager 

She definitely looks old and harsh to me.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think she is trying harder and combined with her looks (because she is stunning let's be real) she does look striperish. I mean her facials during the Keys choreo were definitely not what they expect out of their cheerleaders and I can't believe they haven't said anything about it. She is good as she is, I don't get why she feels the need to add stuff (like smirks and hair flips) to get noticed.

And please fire whoever thought that the hideous fireball song should be used for this choreo. It doesn't even go with the moves.

I also don't get why they would waste again a whole night for choreos they will never use again. Plus, even some of the vets looked awful especially during the contemporary dance. 

I found the media training segment to be really interesting BUT that's not a training, that's testing. I studied journalism and I wasn't a natural the first time they put me in front of a camera so i wouldn't expect a cheerleader to be amazing without attending some kind of workshop before.

Aaaand I found Gina SO irritating, don't know why. The only rookies so far who I like hearing talk are Alexandria and Lauren.

Exactly what I was thinking! I was like that's NOT a training! I felt like it was more akin to hazing in that they were just waiting for them make a fool of themselves. They seriously have no patience for girls that come in not already perfectly polished (with the exception of certain favorites). It's like why even call it TRAINING camp then? They're not training them. They're looking for reasons to cut them. 

• Love 7

I'm so glad Madeline is gone. So sick of seeing her crying. 

I really like Brennan and I hope she makes it! Also loving Kalyssa and I can only DREAM of being that sexy  

Ugh, Briana... no matter how many times you say "empty your bucket" you're not making this team honey. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mmm said:

They use them in the show group and special performances, Plus it's Training camp is basically a Long Dance audition it's a good way to test their dancer and add to their dance experience and knowledge. I think it only benefits and i don't see it as a waste of time.

Yes but not even half of them are going to be on show group. So i don't see a reason to say that a girl who is obviously great at DCC style is in danger of being cut because she isn't good at two very difficult and completely different from each other genres.

32 minutes ago, Teresa said:

Exactly what I was thinking! I was like that's NOT a training! I felt like it was more akin to hazing in that they were just waiting for them make a fool of themselves. They seriously have no patience for girls that come in not already perfectly polished (with the exception of certain favorites). It's like why even call it TRAINING camp then? They're not training them. They're looking for reasons to cut them. 

Exactly! I think the girls are now forced to do go through everything on their own first to have a chance at making the team. I remember Kashara saying that as preparation for auditions, girls should even take speech classes (or something like that). I totally understand that they want something more than just a great dancer but that's just not realistic. Plus tbh, apart from a few girls like JennK, I can't say that the DCCs are that polished speakers. They're just very confident and like being on the spotlight.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I chuckle at Kelli when she said a few of the girls kept saying the same word over and over again. Has she watch the show before? They all are guilty and yes I am looking at you Kelli of saying the same blasted thing over and over again.

It reminds me of a few seasons ago when she kept saying "Uhh-may-zing"  They make fun of the girls when they pose for cameos too, for doing the same poses. Well, it's not like you are giving them a whole lot of options and heaven forbid they be themselves.

Kind of sad when Melissa (and her eyebrows) are a "big thing". I guess it's better than being a trophy wife, though.

12 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I'm missing the episode because I'm panicking and packing for Irma. ? Make sure the comments are funny! I liked when they did Media Training wayyy back in Season 1 with Yushiko. 

I just went through Harvey. Stay safe! Praying for you!!

9 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Brianna's "empty my bucket" comment again

empty my bucket

definitely

• Love 5
2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

It's pretty obvious Kelli thinks Brianna is gorgeous.... it's why she's still there. 

I think shes gorgeous too, and her body is perfect.  I love her dance technique too.    It almost bothers me that they are trying to force these ugly hip hop styles and sloppy Pom dances on her - hahaha!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Teresa said:

I'm sure there was more to what we saw. Plus, alot of the time you have to be thrown out there to learn something. I think it was just fine for what we saw.

57 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I think shes gorgeous too, and her body is perfect.  I love her dance technique too.    It almost bothers me that they are trying to force these ugly hip hop styles and sloppy Pom dances on her - hahaha!

I think if she never had to do any of those styles while being a DCC, she could make it. She's so pretty to me. I just wish she would toughen up and work harder on those styles..even though it's clear that those aren't her strengths. I think she'd be a cute DCC.

• Love 1

I actually think Brianna CAN do them, which is why she is still there and Erin isn't. Of course it's going to take time for her body to not be as fluid and to be more powerful, which for me Brianna can't do within the next 5-ish weeks of training camp. Lacey and Jinelle had to change the way their bodies moved in a sense as well, but they already had more experience in hip hop/pom style than Brianna.  

I liked that thw hip hop guy gave props to her and I kinda understand why they are keeping her as long as they can. They know she isn't ready for this year, but they are teaching her as much as they can while they still have other girls to cut.

• Love 7

I actually think Brianna has looked better in the hip hop dances than in the actual DCC pom dances. This is of course based on the small clips that we see, but beyond style, she also seems to struggle with details in the DCC dances. 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I actually think Brianna CAN do them, which is why she is still there and Erin isn't. Of course it's going to take time for her body to not be as fluid and to be more powerful, which for me Brianna can't do within the next 5-ish weeks of training camp. Lacey and Jinelle had to change the way their bodies moved in a sense as well, but they already had more experience in hip hop/pom style than Brianna.  

I liked that thw hip hop guy gave props to her and I kinda understand why they are keeping her as long as they can. They know she isn't ready for this year, but they are teaching her as much as they can while they still have other girls to cut.

I was so happy to see him compliment her on doing well with his choreography. I think it was the first time CMT actually showed some of her good work. I get the feeling they are only finding the mistakes...and all the girls are making them, they are just not being highlighted. Maybe that is why she is still there. She is really trying hard and is making progress. Part of me thinks the producers are trying to make her cry in the front of the camera.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

What I don't quite get is why she wants to be a DCC. I would think any girl who wants to would have studied the DCC style, would have practiced being sexy, doing pom work, doing jump splits, etc. Just like little girls who dream of being ballerina's run around doing kicks and walking on their tippy toes. Nothing about Brianna screams "I want to be a cheerleader" so I don't get why she came. While someone like say Kalyssa I can imagine wanted to be a DCC since she was a little girl. She studied the look, the moves, she is basically the poster child for DCC. Brianna, while stunningly beautiful, and very talented, does not fit what I would picture a cheerleader hopeful to be.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I chuckle at Kelli when she said a few of the girls kept saying the same word over and over again. Has she watch the show before? They all are guilty and yes I am looking at you Kelli of saying the same blasted thing over and over again. 

They could've said "like" instead.  :0

In next week's previews Selina is called into the office again; wonder if it's about her weight. I hope it's to tell her she lost weight and looks good (like they did with Kandi Harris in season 1). Hopefully not to push My Fit Foods again. 

Did Kelli encourage Madeline to audition again next year? Did she audition for any other teams? 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

1. Kalyssa is totally growing on me.... I love watching her dance. Just stop with the extras.

2. Oh Brianna. Sweetie. Stop. Crying. 

3. Michelle Keys looked smoking hot! I love her!!!!

4. Ugh that Bree chick. I actually threw something at my tv. I do not like her.

5. Keyra is awesome

6. Judy is getting soft in her old age, and I love it! 

Yes to all!! 

I want to pull for Bree but she doesn't have the showmanship. 

Brianna is improving but just too immature. She is the classic example of good looks getting preferential treatment. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

They could've said "like" instead.  :0

In next week's previews Selina is called into the office again; wonder if it's about her weight. I hope it's to tell her she lost weight and looks good (like they did with Kandi Harris in season 1). Hopefully not to push My Fit Foods again. 

Did Kelli encourage Madeline to audition again next year? Did she audition for any other teams? 

I saw a pic of Madeline at a prepclass for Ice Angels but I don't think she is on the team.  

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I like it too, and honestly it's not a bad summer job for an 18 year old!  The girls do get paid for their rehearsal and CMT camera time, and for someone who is green at this style, they're getting paid to take dance classes they'd normally pay for out of pocket.  I'm always glad they keep the strugglers in style who are otherwise gifted...it might not make a difference this year, but hopefully she'll come back next year better than ever.  

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

What I don't quite get is why she wants to be a DCC. I would think any girl who wants to would have studied the DCC style, would have practiced being sexy, doing pom work, doing jump splits, etc. Just like little girls who dream of being ballerina's run around doing kicks and walking on their tippy toes. Nothing about Brianna screams "I want to be a cheerleader" so I don't get why she came. While someone like say Kalyssa I can imagine wanted to be a DCC since she was a little girl. She studied the look, the moves, she is basically the poster child for DCC. Brianna, while stunningly beautiful, and very talented, does not fit what I would picture a cheerleader hopeful to be.

See, I don't think Brianna had this as a lifelong dream, or maybe I missed where she mentioned it.  After not making Rockettes, I'm so curious how DCC ended up next on her bucket list.  @Rosiemac - can you shed some light on this?  After not making the Rockettes, what brought Brianna out to Dallas?  TCU and SMU have dance programs (other surrounding schools might too) so was she thinking she'd do DCC while attending college?  It seems like staying in NYC might have been better for her particular gifts.  I remember saying something similar about Holly way back in the day, but figured she might have wanted to do DCC to maintain dance skill and technique while attending college and growing up a bit, then hitting LA/NYC/Etc.  Doesn't seem like it turned out that way for Holly, but whooooooo knows?

20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I chuckle while reading this article about tonight's show.   http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/09/07/challenges-and-out-studio-dcc-making-team-episode-1204-preview?sf112348670=1

Comparing putting on the uniform to trying out wedding dresses and Superman Cape of professional cheerleading. Sorry, but I do not see the uniform to be that special. *lol* *rolling eyes*

Did you not see Lauren when she came to uniform fitting?  I thought she was going to faint she was so "star" ( no pun intended) struck over seeing the uniform and trying it on!!!!

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I like it too, and honestly it's not a bad summer job for an 18 year old!  The girls do get paid for their rehearsal and CMT camera time, and for someone who is green at this style, they're getting paid to take dance classes they'd normally pay for out of pocket.  I'm always glad they keep the strugglers in style who are otherwise gifted...it might not make a difference this year, but hopefully she'll come back next year better than ever.  

See, I don't think Brianna had this as a lifelong dream, or maybe I missed where she mentioned it.  After not making Rockettes, I'm so curious how DCC ended up next on her bucket list.  @Rosiemac - can you shed some light on this?  After not making the Rockettes, what brought Brianna out to Dallas?  TCU and SMU have dance programs (other surrounding schools might too) so was she thinking she'd do DCC while attending college?  It seems like staying in NYC might have been better for her particular gifts.  I remember saying something similar about Holly way back in the day, but figured she might have wanted to do DCC to maintain dance skill and technique while attending college and growing up a bit, then hitting LA/NYC/Etc.  Doesn't seem like it turned out that way for Holly, but whooooooo knows?

She could be looking towards DCC because of the kickline...which from the shots they've shown of her kicking lately, her kick technique is spectacular.

• Love 1

I felt like there was way too much packed into this episode so everything was like a five minute segment. Everything felt rushed.

Rachel does look kind of thick when she is surrounded by others, but she's not jiggly, hopefully she can fix that soon.

Gina is getting more on my nerves every week and she was my favorite before the show started...

Christina doesn't wow me with her dancing (in the small clips we see anyway) and I don't find her any less boring than Celinda.

Brennan is growing on me which I would never have believed! I didn't care for her last year, but this year I would like her to succeed. 

I'm a little sad for Madeline, she just needs more time and training though. And I'm not gonna waste any energy on Brianna this week. 

• Love 2

1. Brianna is a pretty girl and likely a good ballet dancer, but she's not that special. She can quit posting pics of her ass on social media and no one would miss them.

2. The choreographer Bree is annoying. They keep saying she was a finalist on a dance show like that gives her instant professional cred to be teaching DCC. 

3. Madeline... I was rooting for you girl but this wasn't the year. I hope she comes back improved.

4. Am I the only one who thought it was pretty lame to build up Michelle's intro as a guest choreographer and former DCC, and then show a 1 sec clip of her tossing her hair in the tunnel?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I agree... that girl is gorgeous.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Preity said:

I felt like there was way too much packed into this episode so everything was like a five minute segment. Everything felt rushed.

I feel the same way. They blew right through the uniform fitting segment. I was hoping to get a little more out of that like in past seasons but like you said, it just seemed rushed. Like they squeezed it in there just to have it included.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

Honestly I never asked her mom...I know she is excited about the opportunity to dance for one of the best dance teams out there. I would imagine every dancer has it on their wish list. The intention is to go to college while participating as a DCC. I have only spoken about the present not the future. When you have a passion for dance you have a passion for dance. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Java said:

Brianna is a pretty girl and likely a good ballet dancer, but she's not that special. She can quit posting pics of her ass on social media and no one would miss them.

Yep, that picture was tacky as hell.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4

The tape on Holly's leg is called kinesio tape. She likely got it from one of their trainers. Believe it or not, there is a special certification to become a kinesio tape practitioner. 

My thoughts on the episode:

I agree that this episode seemed very rushed. I always look forward to uniform fitting day so it was disappointing to see that it was only covered for a couple minutes. However, I do like all the other things we are getting to see (media training, guest choreographers, etc.). It was just too much for one episode.

I think Madeline is adorable and I felt so bad for her. But she was not ready. I hope she comes back next year!

I know no one loves Christina but I'm really pulling for her this year. It's clear how much she wants this and I think she is much stronger this year. Her kicks her higher and she looks awesome! 

There really aren't any veterans that I dislike this year... Maybe a couple I like less than others but I think it's a good group. I think Savannah and Brianna are gorgeous. But we all know Brianna needs to go. She is young and has plenty of time to develop herself. 

I thought it was interesting how Tasha and Stephanie went to the media training. They had been called in for weight but what does this have to do with weight? Just thought that was random

• Love 1

I'm with everyone that felt the episode was rushed.  Rush through the fittings, rush through the dancing, rush through everything so we can show you how awesome the Star is!  And check out our guest choreographers and "showmanship mentor" that have their own shows or have been on another reality show!  Such unneeded fluff.  However, I LOVE Michelle Keys and thought her segment was fantastic - she was a great performer while on the team and actually choreographs sideline routines for the current team (although her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me).  She's a welcome, relevant addition to the show.

If I never have to see Melissa Rycroft again, it won't be too soon.  She brings NOTHING to the show.

Briana - if that's all you have in your bucket, you'll DEFINITELY be gone in the next few weeks.

And yeah, who uses the word "definitely" so damn much?!?!

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Love 9
36 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I'm with everyone that felt the episode was rushed.  Rush through the fittings, rush through the dancing, rush through everything so we can show you how awesome the Star is!  And check out our guest choreographers and "showmanship mentor" that have their own shows or have been on another reality show!  Such unneeded fluff.  However, I LOVE Michelle Keys and thought her segment was fantastic - she was a great performer while on the team and actually choreographs sideline routines for the current team (although her voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me).  She's a welcome, relevant addition to the show.

If I never have to see Melissa Rycroft again, it won't be too soon.  She brings NOTHING to the show.

Briana - if that's all you have in your bucket, you'll DEFINITELY be gone in the next few weeks.

And yeah, who uses the word "definitely" so damn much?!?!

You said what I couldn't find the words to say. I usually like the guest teachers, but to have two in the same night was a bit of a rush rush, and really not fair to the guest. I think they let the guest choreo come in so they can sample for the show group routines/auditions. Plus even though the DCC say it has over 50 dances, I can see them getting old. And with any profession, one should keep taking classes/lessons to keep learning and growing. The contemporary/improv was a bit of a stretch though.

Kelly and the seamstress (sidebar: yet another person we've seen for 12 yrs that they need to give a little more background) was record fast, as compared to other years. No one looked bad after the fittings? Kelli has always managed to cut or give a stern warning to someone after the fittings...And why can't we see the vet uniform size up ? Speaking of Vets - I didn't even know Khalyn was returning back as they just don't show the vets enough. To go from a lot of camera time from one season to almost zero the next breaks continuity.

Melissa Rycoft - I see they have yet another new facility for her "sessions". They have those ladies driving all over the place. She didn't pick out any pet TCC to mentor this season?

I like the idea of the TV/Radio session, but I think it was unfair not to prep the girls first, before K&J viewed. That is a trained skill and any mess-ups in another negative note. And I thought the interviewees get the questions or line of questioning first? Kudos to the TCC who  was in an accident and got to the place on time. (1) sounds like her car was drivable and (2) the police cleared the accident quickly and (3) she didn't let it ruin the event. Poor thing probably broke down when she got home.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

Brianna REALLY needed to be called into the office.  She was picked out by all of the guest choreographers as essentially not being able to perform to the level of the DCC.  Kelli and Judy both said they've been coddling her.  Bring her into the office, sit her down, and tell her what you really think about her.  Don't wait until later to lay it all out there for her.  Tell her what she needs to know NOW, especially if you're going to keep her around, so that she has at least SOME type of chance to fix it.  If you don't, you're STILL coddling her.

• Love 6

set one more RUSH..

Why does every dance have to be taught in a rush? and then performed, very close to perfection in a rush? I know time is a limited resource that no one can control, but to be in hurry mode all of the time, does make a person wonder if it is the schedule that needs fine tuning - like  maybe set a goal of learning 40 dances instead of 50?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7

At least Kelli and the seamstress ( Lisa, I think?) didn't rack check the girls and make them state their bra size or if they're "real" or not.

Brianna needs to go. Just go. She will not be ready in time for game season. I think now that she has been exposed to DCC style she can come back next year and do way better. This is way to much work for a summer job.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Brianna REALLY needed to be called into the office.  She was picked out by all of the guest choreographers as essentially not being able to perform to the level of the DCC.  Kelli and Judy both said they've been coddling her.  Bring her into the office, sit her down, and tell her what you really think about her.  Don't wait until later to lay it all out there for her.  Tell her what she needs to know NOW, especially if you're going to keep her around, so that she has at least SOME type of chance to fix it.  If you don't, you're STILL coddling her.

How much do you wanna bet that Brianna cries when she's cut? ? 

On another subject, I agree with someone who previously said that K&J are getting softer in their older age.  In previous seasons, I swear Kelli (especially) was so cut-throat in some of her comments.  Ex:  Vivian's drumstick thighs, telling Kelsey she was afraid to stump her and make her "50 yard line Kelsey" again, calling someone a member of the big-boned club, and too many other examples to remember.  She hasn't seemed THAT tough this season and girls (Brianna) are getting too much slack.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Melissa Rycoft - I see they have yet another new facility for her "sessions". They have those ladies driving all over the place.

If I've placed it correctly, the new studio is very close to The Star. So that helps! I still die a little inside thinking about northbound Tollway at rush hour though, sheesh. And for someone like Lauren who works all the way in Arlington? She'd be way better off near the rehearsal facility than the stadium. Yikes. 

Either way, the old place sessions were held at was near Valley Ranch, so def made sense to change that up. I don't like the lighting in there as much, though. Maybe because of the blue walls? 

1 hour ago, Princess Chloe said:

At least Kelli and the seamstress ( Lisa, I think?) didn't rack check the girls and make them state their bra size or if they're "real" or not.

They're certainly being more tactful this season, other than the slight dig at Kalyssa. I honestly thought we'd be shown a bit about Miranda's botched surgery during this episode, shown a veteran size up or two, etc. And I'm still baffled at how they handled the group leader thing last week. I have iTunes so it's still clearly Erica instead of Kashara in my episode. 

All these extra episodes and less actual information, you know? Would it have taken so long to show the girls who got a Barbie? Was it edited out because of Erica? They didn't want to show Brianna getting one because it would take away from her "struggler" storyline? Did erin get one too?

Dear CMT, this stuff is interesting! If erin and Brianna had amazing solos and can't get the DCC style, it's of interest. If Erica was originally a group leader and had to step back for whatever reason, it's interesting. Miranda's boobs not being discussed I can see, but sheesh. A decent producer can tell a story in a respectful way. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

All these extra episodes and less actual information, you know? Would it have taken so long to show the girls who got a Barbie? Was it edited out because of Erica? They didn't want to show Brianna getting one because it would take away from her "struggler" storyline? Did erin get one too?

Dear CMT, this stuff is interesting! If erin and Brianna had amazing solos and can't get the DCC style, it's of interest. If Erica was originally a group leader and had to step back for whatever reason, it's interesting. Miranda's boobs not being discussed I can see, but sheesh. A decent producer can tell a story in a respectful way. 

Totally agree. I think CMT is getting too far off track trying to create storylines and drama that they are messing with the whole vibe and originality of the show. All the real things are interesting to us viewers, as they always have been. We don't need their manufactured drama. Especially when it seems there is more than enough real drama going down. It only makes what should be a simple show just confusing. I wonder if new producers/CMT people came on board this season in attempt to change things up

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 5

Wow, Kelli completely took out Kalyssa's boob during her bra fitting.  i didn't start out as a big Kalyssa fan but she is getting pretty undeniable with each passing episode-- major DCC star quality.  

I know she's been a guest in prior seasons but Michelle Keys came across really awesome in this episode.  I loved her critiques to KelliJudy.  Unlike say a certain Melissa Rycroft whose presence and contribution is basically a big cup of nothing.  

Ive watched some old seasons on the CMT app and wow the total lack of Jay and his boot camp is such a contrast to the early seasons .   I know there was WAY too much Jay in early MTT seasons--- but do they still do power squad?  Does he still make them lie in a state of the art egg to measure body fat?  Or is Jay just relegated to judging auditions now?

• Love 5

I think The fittings was a small part of the ep bec there was nothing interesting in them. Also i have found that since they started doing the fittings in ATT stadium , i think starting in season 9 they have become less interesting. When it was in Ralley Ranch the use to have extra stuff laying around like Bras & boots. (Like in season 7 when Chelsea & Kali can with wrong bras they found they extra bras that were there & gave it to them. LOL ). It was clear that it was lived in and that were that seamstress worked & was comfortable. I think this year the fittings were at the Star which is still very empty and probably the first time that seamstress worked there.  

7 hours ago, kalibean said:

And for someone like Lauren who works all the way in Arlington? She'd be way better off near the rehearsal facility than the stadium. Yikes. 

She said she could see AT&T Stadium from work, correct?  Since I'm nosy I Google mapped the stadium to the Star & they're about 36 miles apart.  Yikes indeed, 36 miles can take forever during rush hour. 

• Love 2

As a former resident of Dallas that worked in Arlington, that commute from Arlinton to Frisco is only a little longer than an average commute. Many, if not most, commute 25-30 miles per day because Dallas-Fort Worth is very spread out. She lives close to AT&T Stadium, which is in Arlington, so on game day, she has an advantage. 

3 hours ago, laprin said:

As a former resident of Dallas that worked in Arlington, that commute from Arlinton to Frisco is only a little longer than an average commute. Many, if not most, commute 25-30 miles per day because Dallas-Fort Worth is very spread out. She lives close to AT&T Stadium, which is in Arlington, so on game day, she has an advantage. 

In the past they met at Valley Ranch and rode the bus to the stadium as a group. I assume this is still the case at the Star. 

• Love 3

I finally watched Episode 6, and I will compare Brennan and Madeline because they both received -- relatively speaking -- so much screen time.

Madeline strikes me as the type of girl who has never had to work the hardest, study the most, be the nicest, or put in the most effort to be a class favorite, a featured recitalist, a cheerleading captain, part of the homecoming court, or attain whatever else she might want, because she is (let's face it) so stinkin' cute!  If that is the case, then she is not ready to compete among the best.  

Adorable only gets one so far in life -- (particularly when you are competing to be part of a 'World Class' ensemble)  -- and as a college graduate, her 'sacrifice' of sleeping on an air mattress, giggles about colic versus cowlick, and confusing response regarding the Cowboys' retired QB, came across less as 'so cute', and more as silly, unprepared, or immature.  

Coupled with the fact that Madeline seems to have difficulty mastering the more advanced and/or varied choreography, and she is just not up to the DCC's standards.  If Madeline hopes to come back in the future, and compete on more than just the basis of her adorable look, then she needs to take a cue from other returning TCC and make a concerted commitment to develop her dancing.  She also needs to work on her maturity.    

Brennan has almost the opposite issue.  She is clearly already very mature, focused, and responsible.  She appears to maintain a professional career, own her own house, and had a focused response to the question thrown her way.  Brennan is also a strong dancer.

Brennan, unfortunately, just lacks that "stinkin' cute" look.  While her body is beautiful (#goals) her facial features make her look perpetually worried or puzzled.  I think that it may be her nose, which is her most prominent feature.  

I hate to say it, but I think the only way that Brennan can successfully audition is to alter her look, by which I mean a rhinoplasty like Lacey's.  And I hate to say that because no one should have to surgically alter themselves to make a team, even a World Class organization like the DCC. I do not want Brennan to have any surgery, I am simply trying to assess her obstacle to becoming a DCC.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 5

I finally got in here to post before the thread got to be 8 pages long! Yay!

Thoughts:

1. First, I tend to view the episodes this season as choppy. But I guess taking 20+ hours of film footage and put it into a 41-ish minute episode takes a lot of cutting.  They're trying to give us a fuller look at the TC process this year, and I'm glad we're seeing more of what happens.

2. I liked the media training segment and am sure there was much more coaching going on than we observed. DCC isn't going to set up this whole shebang just to "see" the girls and that's it. This was probably a whole day event with corrections and critiques (some of which we saw), then the girls did the whole thing again. There was probably the lecture on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook as well, though they didn't show that this year.

3. I liked seeing the different choreographers. Mainly we've gotten to see one plus Kitty. I didn't like that they brought in the ballet/contemporary teacher to showcase something other than hip-hop for the classically trained girls, then the instructor did a hip-hop-ish type of contemporary style!  I would have loved to have seen a true ballet/contemporary style.

4. KaShara was leading G4 in this episode, so we know that Erica's injury manifested itself sometime during Week 3.

5. I really like Brianna. She's been trained in a different style her whole life, has never done Rock or Hip-Hop style, yet she's game and just keeps working at it. Every time they show her for a moment, she's getting the style and the routine. I think she's a terrific dancer and worth the time they're putting into her training. While I don't think she'll be able to get the DCC style this year, I definitely think she'll make the squad if she comes back next year!

6. I loved Rachel admitting she ate better before coming into TC, but that she's been eating more because she's so hungry! lol  Thank you, Rachel, for just putting it out there!

7. I think Madeline is going to be a Maddie 2.0 and will come back stronger next year. I loved when one of  the girls asked her what she's going to do tomorrow, and she said, "Eat pancakes." Good for you, girl! Relax awhile, then get back on that horse!

• Love 5