Type keyword(s) to search

S25: Jordan Fisher: He's Not Throwing Away His Shot

• Start Topic

Jordan Fisher's take as Doody in FOX's Emmy-winning broadcast of Grease: LIVE earned him critical acclaim and was deemed the show's breakout star by MTV and People Magazine. That spring, he released his first single, "All About Us," which was the #2 most added song and a top 30 hit at pop radio.

• Love 1

Man, I had no idea how many things I actually know Jordan from until I looked up his filmography. He was part of this popular video game, Until Dawn, as one of the main characters, which I didn't know. He also played in some of my old TV shows I used to watch when I was young and stupid, some I can even remember him in! 

This season is kind of meh.  I mostly just enjoy watching Jordan.  I didn't know he had so many injuries including shoulder ones.  When he and Lindsay did their contemporary, I was thinking that he did the lifts so effortlessly for such a small guy.  The other stars have improved.    But the only other ones that I enjoy are Lindsey even though I didn't like her the first two weeks.  She seemed gangly at first but has learned to control her limbs better.  I also like Frankie because he is having fun and trying really hard.  Witney's choreography has been better this season too.  He's not on the same level as the other two though.  I would also like Vanessa if she was paired with somebody else.  Right now, it's awkward between her and Maks.

• Love 1

How come DWTS never mentioned him in Grease?  Only Julianne ever said anything about it. I gotta say, he was one of the main reasons I liked it. The song he sang to show the passage of time was awesome!  Was Grease shown on another station, so ABC doesn’t want to mention it?  Stupid. They mentioned Hamilton enough and it competes on broadway with all the Disney ones. Eye roll 

Yeah Grease Live was on another network so for ABC it’s like it doesn’t exist. Another competitor, Carlos Penvega was in Grease Live, I don’t know if that had been mentioned. The Broadway audience is so tiny by comparison, but Hamilton is such a significant milestone in theatre, that it is worth the hype. Also I don’t think that Hamilton

really competes with the broadway Disney audience, it’s possible that Disney is looking to produce something similar in the future. Combining Art with History, a hip hop civics lesson  iis definitely a phenomenal way to learn. Also, Lin Manuel Miranda is connected to Disney  with the commercial version of Moana’s You’re Welcome that he and Jordan sang that was used for the Foxtrot. So I don’t think it is a surprise that Lin gave a couple of shout outs to Jordan on line and in the finale package.