Type keyword(s) to search

800 Words - General Discussion

• Start Topic

If I remember correctly the owner of the house called Monty because she was worried that there might be a burglar. Monty sent Siouxsie to check it out and Siouxsie then decided that she and Shay could stay at the house. Monty said that it would be ok because it would take care of the owner's concerns about possible burglars.

• Love 1

Nice photos. It IS surprising that Jessica Redmayne (Poppy) is actually 25. She DOES look much younger, but then since I lost my ability to gauge a person's age, I've given up trying to guess someone's age, especially from actors. I will admit that I've never even heard of the show "McLeods Daughters", or is it even a show?  Is it just a name given to some kids?

22 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

I never watched it, but it's an Australian drama series that aired around 10 years ago.

Plus the running joke is 800 Words is the place for the MD cast have gone to, since Bridie and Michelle were also on the show.

Thought I'd move the George and relationships talk from the S3 thread to over here.

Basically I've noticed, like they did with S2 and the build up of his relationship with Fiona (which is now more a blimp on the scale, since the writers have gone the never mentioned that ever happened route these days), that they are doing the same with now with George and Katie.

The only thing that makes me a tad annoyed is when Erik has done press for this, he's used the same damn line to describe both seasons. Regardless of the show and pairing in question, it's one of those things that always annoys the heck out of me when actors do press that way. 

4 hours ago, Nadine said:

The only thing that makes me a tad annoyed is when Erik has done press for this, he's used the same damn line to describe both seasons. Regardless of the show and pairing in question, it's one of those things that always annoys the heck out of me when actors do press that way.

Don't know what press he did, but again, you know all the links, so please help me out here. Again, I'm re-watching it right now because Paul cleared up some questions I have and I want to get a better picture. Don't get me started on how George treats both Fiona and Katie, because I would like to punch his face. The writers are inept at writing a realistic relationship. I'm at the re-watch point when Lindsay is going through her laundry basket AT THE KITCHEN TABLE and declaring that she's seriously out of undies!!!  C'mon, who the fuck says that out loud and WHY IS SHE THERE IN THE HOUSE and why is Arlo worried that Lindsay gets cranky when she spends too much time with her dad? IT'S NOT YOUR PROBLEM ARLO!!!!  Ugh, this shit is driving me insane. I like dramedy, but not insane STUPID dramedy.

As far as relationships go, I've said it before, and this episode, without meaning to, showed me again how easy-going George and Katie are with each other. Their conversations are natural and true. Their simple conversation about her reveal of the secret and her desire to make sure that George was not angry with her and knew her motives was perfect. Her sly suggestion to George to manipulate Woody to talk to Tracy was an example of two people who actually click.

Edited by Jacks-Son

Just a FYI post, etc these are the two articles I was referring to above:

Season Two - January 2017

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/erik-thomson-on-why-his-character-on-channel-7s-800-words-is-a-philanderer/news-story/ab8d514f4c3ee7975cc0ac19afab2b1c

Season Three - September 2017

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/tv-guide/97409462/800-words-star-erik-thomson-on-the-shows-new-season

Heh in relation to Lindsay at the table, it also reminded me of Monty when he was staying there before George kicked them all out LMAO. It's like George had more privacy when Steve, Jan and the twins were in the house than when everyone else had bombarded it afterwards.

Edited by Nadine
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Hmm, maybe I should try to catch it and check it out. It would be interesting to see the actors when they were younger. Maybe Y7 has old episodes or Hulu.

It was a Nine Network show here in Australia and there's talk of a revival potentially happening (Nine didn't announce it as part of their 2018 upfronts last week though), so it's still one of those TBD things, but if you like Aussie dramas it was a good one (personally I was a fan of the earlier seasons though).

Benson (Arlo) will be at the Perth Telethon this weekend. Not sure if any of the other cast members will be there too since Emma and Michelle usually have gone over in the past for it.

One thing I DID want to mention about George/Katie's interaction in this episode, is that when George first encountered Katie at the school and after speaking with Tracey, he just said "Hi" to Katie and kept walking out.  It was Katie who stopped him and asked if he was mad at her. So George, can't even stop to have a decent conversation with her now. I think he cares more about Woody than he does for the women he actually dated.

14 hours ago, Nadine said:

Plus the running joke is 800 Words is the place for the MD cast have gone to, since Bridie and Michelle were also on the show.

Bridie and Rachael played 2 of 3 half sisters and Michelle played the wife for a while of the guy who was previously engaged to the 3rd sister (and Bridie's sister in law)

13 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Hmm, maybe I should try to catch it and check it out. It would be interesting to see the actors when they were younger. Maybe Y7 has old episodes or Hulu.

YT has a load of the episodes still up . https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mcleod's+daughters

http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/7826aea8e02af5b72b8e9206ade9445a?width=6507826aea8e02af5b72b8e9206ade9445a?width=6

Nadine, thanks for the links. I could understand where they were going with certain relationships, but I don't understand the comment about his relationship with Fiona as just a means to show he was moving on from Laura's death.  Kind of a sucky way to describe his time with Fiona.  I'm not sure she looked at it that way, and they both seemed to be having fun.

As far as the second article, one particular paragraph was revealing as far as this season goes, "If you take a leaf out of the book, you don't find love, it finds you and usually when you least expect it. If you're trying to find it, you're never going to find it. It's just going to sneak up and tap you on the shoulder, and that pretty much sums up what happens in season three of 800 Words." 

7 hours ago, Nadine said:

It was a Nine Network show here in Australia and there's talk of a revival potentially happening (Nine didn't announce it as part of their 2018 upfronts last week though), so it's still one of those TBD things, but if you like Aussie dramas it was a good one (personally I was a fan of the earlier seasons though).

I looked on Yidio and the episodes are on Hulu, well, at least the first season is.  Thanks Humbugged. I recognize the two in the middle but who are the two on the ends?

3 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

I looked on Yidio and the episodes are on Hulu, well, at least the first season is.  Thanks Humbugged. I recognize the two in the middle but who are the two on the ends?

On the left is Sonia Todd who started out on Police Rescue and is now on Janet King (she played Rachael's mom and the housekeeper at Drovers)

On the right is Simmone Jade McKinnon who in real life was the 1st Mrs Jason Momoa (she played Stevie who was charge hand and then part owner form Season 3 until the end)

Edited by Humbugged

It’s actually the latter paragraph about love sneaking up is actually the quote he duplicated in his description of S2 and S3.

Don’t get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem with the description. But if you are going to be using it, don’t say it for two different relationships in two different seasons. Because he used it to describe the Fiona romance in S2 and now he is using it for a different romance in S3.

And yes to how he interacts with them. That is why I actually like that Fiona called him out in a way about it at the Boat Club. Since he seemed to forgot how small Weld was and the repercussions it has on everyone involved.

Edited by Nadine

Whoa, two episodes on the same day.  These both were doozies. I'll have to re-watch, but some major stuff occurred. I was half asleep when Fiona climbed aboard Zac and later apologized.  Zac said he got snipped, but was that AFTER Thing 1 & 2 were born?  I missed what he said. I can't believe that Fiona was willing to get impregnated by Zac just to have a baby. I think at the end, she asked George to do the honors.  I'll have to re-watch both episodes.

Ollie finally got his. I think Siouxsie read him the riot act.

It looked like George and Katie were having a moment. Now I'm wondering if they'll reconnect.

LOL, at Lyndsay blowing up at Arlo because he was hanging with Poppy. She's treated other people like crap, so, what goes around comes around.

Re-watched the episodes and George and Katie had more than a moment. Katie pushed aside her reservations about getting with George and kissed him and asked him to come home with her after the wedding afterparty. After realizing what she had just said, she apologized and ran off. Seems like another person decided to risk her reservations as Fiona asked George to give her a baby. After SHE had realized what she had just asked, she apologized and ran off crying. Then the show decided to get cute and show Katie outside at her car looking at a flat tire, meanwhile the next scene is Fiona outside, walking away while still crying. The final scene is George, outside, walking and trying to catch someone, and when he caught up with that someone, HE apologized and said, "You took me by surprise, but the answer is yes!"  The cliff-hangar is who was he saying yes to, Fiona or Katie?

That's good to hear that PBS will start airing season 2. There has not yet been any discussion in the season 2 topic, probably because we only got this forum after the season ended in Australia. So I have changed the rules for that topic so that it will be spoiler-free for people watching on PBS.

(edited)
8 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Has anybody heard any news about the airdate for the second half of season 3? It's been a long time since the first half finished.

The Yahoo 7 web site for "800 Words" shows no airdate yet: I really want to see who George was talking to. Probably Fiona and not Katie. Knowing how the writers like to mess with Weld's resident Lothario.

Edited by Jacks-Son

OK, I may be off on the number because I don't think PBS was giving episode numbers in their descriptions and I picked a number that would be rational for a U.S. show. 

Can I just add: What a shitty way to end a season!

(edited)
7 hours ago, Nadine said:

I still reckon he's talking to Laura's ghost. We'll find out soon though since according to Michelle Langstone (Fiona) the show will be returning in NZ in July for the second half of the Series Three.

Excellent news, I'm looking forward to it. Thanks, Nadine!!!  Laura's Ghost? that would be anticlimactic, not to mention, a waste of my time wondering who it could be.  Waah, waah, I don't want Laura, I want Katie!!!  After she went all the way to Stafford to buy that delicious dress she claimed was an old hand-me-down!!  C'mon, she's slyly chasing George and he's a fool if he doesn't realize how easy going their relationship is, not like Ms. "No Drama" Fiona.  Just don't let it be Ngahuia, she moves like a shark searching for prey, plus she's Hannah's and Ike's mom and that's too much Zac baggage. Oh, and definitely NOT Jan. That's done! Zero chemistry.

I'll set my TV to record. Now, all I need is for Poldark and Doc Martin to return.

Thanks, Nadine. You piqued my 800 Words interest and I checked out the last two episodes before the break. Groomspiel and the wedding. I picked up on some things said and done that I either didn't notice or had forgotten. I'm now more than convinced that Katie deliberately bought that frothy drink to have Ngahuia throw it on her so that she could make a move on George. The wistful shrug of the shoulders when she admitted to George that she was a bit chilly, in order to accentuate her "features", (Which she never fails to emphasize and it always seems to work with me) also her smug smile of contentment  when she was hanging up the freshly washed blouse. Admitting to George that Fiona speculated that perhaps something was up with George and Katie when they caught Fiona and Zac preparing for another Zac "special" and assuring her that there was nothing there, questioningly.

I also noticed Ngahuia's eagerness to work with George on the new Weld Digital press issue. Finally, after the power pole got knocked down and the town lost power and George visited Katie and her bright smile when she answered the door. Hmm, perhaps it's not just George who is fascinated by her. 

Edited by Jacks-Son

Just binge watched this season on Acorn. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait until season 4.

One thing though. Glad Ollie got his, but with what they did to him, jeopardize  Hannah's new police job? After all, she was involved in the "kidnapping"

• Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

Just binge watched this season on Acorn. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait until season 4

According to Nadine's wonderful news "to New Zealand humans - the last 8 episodes of 800 Words season 3 go to air July 18 @ 8.30pm on TVNZ1. Yay!" - Nadine

We're ALL glad Ollie got his. It would have been nice if Ike did more than just drive the Port-A-Potty away, like maybe into that great, big, volcano Arlo spoke about in S1, E1.

Now the question needs to be answered as to who was George talking to at the end?

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1

I'm not a Woody fan myself. The character is very dumb and most times clueless. He tends to spout off at the mouth in the most tactless manner, but he's comic relief and so necessary to this show.

George, on the other hand, just has too much on his plate, but at least he is introspective enough to know what he doesn't know and tries to question things. I don't mind George, except for his developing philandering/non-philanderig behavior. I hate how he treats Fiona AND Katie, he seems to not realize what he says to them, while innocent can be mistaken. He currently pretends that he wasn't in a relationship with Fiona, which is ridiculous and conversely he compliments Katie often and shows concern for her feelings, meanwhile unaware that she's in love with him (probably because Katie goes to great lengths to deny any feelings for George and she mentions it, OFTEN).

I miss Gloria and her subtle digs at George and enjoy her delicious delight in torturing George (i.e placing the George/Fiona Cricket hug on the front page of "News of the Weld")

(edited)

Any news on "800 Words" airing tonight?  I'm on Yahoo7's web site and don't see it on their schedule for today.

TVNZ1 Says:. 800 Words

Stream on TVNZ OnDemand now. The new season will return to TVNZ 1 and TVNZ OnDemand later this year

No date specified.

Edited by Jacks-Son

Acorn TV Announces Upcoming 2018 Slate Featuring Award-Winning New Dramas and Returning Favorites

Wednesday, August 15th

800 WORDS, Season 3, Part 2 Premiere, Episode 9 (Exclusive US/Canada Premiere)

*NEXT DAY Premiere follows Australian world premiere

"The Best Show You're Not Watching" -Inquisitr

"Amiable and touching...it's easy to get sucked in by its scenic and anthropological charms" -The New York Times

The second half of Season 3 of this hugely popular and award-winning New Zealand family drama returns weekly on Wednesdays, the day after its New Zealand broadcast. Logie winner Erik Thomson (Packed to the Rafters, The Code) returns as George Turner, a man making a home for himself and his family in a beautiful and quirky New Zealand coastal town. (1 EP weekly)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, windsprints said:

Wednesday, August 15th

800 WORDS, Season 3, Part 2 Premiere, Episode 9 (Exclusive US/Canada Premiere)

*NEXT DAY Premiere follows Australian world premiere

"The Best Show You're Not Watching" -Inquisitr

"Amiable and touching...it's easy to get sucked in by its scenic and anthropological charms" -The New York Times

The second half of Season 3 of this hugely popular and award-winning New Zealand family drama returns weekly on Wednesdays, the day after its New Zealand broadcast. Logie winner Erik Thomson (Packed to the Rafters, The Code) returns as George Turner, a man making a home for himself and his family in a beautiful and quirky New Zealand coastal town. (1 EP weekly)

About damn time!!!! Thanks @windsprints. I've been waiting for a long time for this.  What's this-->. (Exclusive US/Canada Premiere)?  Is it going to be aired in the US also on 8/15/2018?  Hopefully, yes, but that's radically different than past seasons.

Edited by Jacks-Son

That's what it says in the article. The episode airs in Australia on the 14th and will be on Acorn the next day. I'm assuming that they'll do that for all the remaining episodes as well. And it's about time. It's been almost a year since the last new episode.

S'funny, I didn't see the link above the post, that's why I asked. That's great news. That means I don't have to jump through hoops anymore to see the episode. I no longer have to pretend to be a New Zealander.

And we're back with the second half of season 3.   I prefer Katie to Fiona for George.   So, I am happy to see how George goes with Katie but I don't get the impression that it is all over yet with Fi.     I like Siouxsie's relationship with Shay.  I like Siouxsie in general, really.  And I've come to even like Lindsay, although I suspect that Lindsay's not wanting to hang and do family things with Arlo is an indication that all is not settled there.   It helps though that I watched series 1-3.0 over the course of a few days/a week so no dragging out of story  I wonder how I'll fell watching 3.5 week to week.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, bybrandy said:

And we're back with the second half of season 3.   I prefer Katie to Fiona for George.   So, I am happy to see how George goes with Katie but I don't get the impression that it is all over yet with Fi.     I like Siouxsie's relationship with Shay.  I like Siouxsie in general, really.  And I've come to even like Lindsay, although I suspect that Lindsay's not wanting to hang and do family things with Arlo is an indication that all is not settled there.   It helps though that I watched series 1-3.0 over the course of a few days/a week so no dragging out of story  I wonder how I'll fell watching 3.5 week to week.  

Hey!!!! All right.  Another one in the George/Katie camp. Fi, if anything will get desperate for a kid and accept Robbie's offer, yecch!

Siouxsie's relationship with Shay is interesting. Who would have thought those two would become friends? It's a wonder it didn't happen sooner, being like spirits an all. Lindsay, I have no clue about. She spent the first two seasons torturing Arlo, now she can't stand leaving him alone, especially around Poppy. LOL, that came out of nowhere and I hated that development

You think Arlo and Lindsay came out of nowhere?  I thought it was telegraphed from the first or second episode when she started hitting him. They've always been thrown into situations together and he's always been attracted to her.   I get not enjoying them but seriously I remember in the first or second episode being all, "Arlo and Lindsay, really?  Isn't she Shay's age?  Okay...."    

I don't love the Poppy development.   Because in general I don't love the trope of wildly convenient secret teen child that shows go to.  Although Poppy as a character I don't mind.   I mean how many people out there can really seriously claim  have a secret teen kid out there?  And yet how many turn up on shows, in movies, or in books?  It happens so often in some place that you're like, if I was on TV I'd make my love interest contact every former partner he ever had to make sure we have the secret teen kid show up sooner rather than later.   

• Love 2
10 hours ago, bybrandy said:

You think Arlo and Lindsay came out of nowhere?  I thought it was telegraphed from the first or second episode when she started hitting him. They've always been thrown into situations together and he's always been attracted to her.   I get not enjoying them but seriously I remember in the first or second episode being all, "Arlo and Lindsay, really?  Isn't she Shay's age?  Okay...."  

If you're a subscriber to the Old Wive's Tale or TV Trope that if a kid hits another kid, then they must be doing it because they like the other person, then yeah, Lindsay and Arlo were telegraphed from the 1st. However, I don't subscribe to that theory.  It's all done to the writer's discretion. Lyndsay went beyond just hitting Arlo, she also falsely accused him of things, and made fun of him around her girlfriends. Why make fun of a guy you like around your girlfriends, that will bite you in the end when you hook up with him.  The story went from her not liking him very much, to all of her sudden interest when he was dating Emma.  Then a lot of lingering around Arlo and injecting herself in his conversations.  The next thing I know, they're an item 24/7 with them becoming intimate all of a sudden. So, yes, it was a surprise that they began to snuggle under blankets.  It was odd, to me. Yes, Lyndsay and Shay were in the same Arts class, but with the way the Weld High School works, students share classes regardless of age. So, I don't know if Lyndsay and Shay are the same age.  I think Shay is older and Lyndsay is Arlo's age.

I dare say, your Arlo/Lyndsay acceptance may be due to your accelerated viewing.  To you, it may appear natural, but for those of us who watched the seasons as they aired, their relationship was much more acrimonious in the beginning.  I did enjoy her quietly getting furious about Poppy joining the crew and Shay's pleasure in inciting the Lyndsay/Arlo/Poppy growing situation. Shay dropped all kinds of nefarious hints and suggestions to deliberately goad Arlo and Poppy into situations that would make Lyndsay more jealous.

Finally, finally, saw the episode yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised.  I realize these writers like to play coy and do lots of red herrings trying to throw the viewers off.  First they tried the mystery of Who Did George Spend the Night With. I guess that was only to throw off the viewers who don't know the players, or the characters themselves.  It was obvious when George rose out of the bed, that it was Katie's bed.  That bedroom screamed Katie.  I liked their couple of days of courting and I had a good feeling about them. It was all very natural feeling. When the scene finally played out of who was George talking to after the reception, although I knew it was Katie, her reaction  was SO Katie. She was nervous AF when George told her he'd like to come home with her. Their date night was filmed wonderfully and it felt like it was exactly what Katie wanted in a date.

Hannah, of course, ruins it for everyone with her nosiness. She had no right to interrogate Fiona and actually revealed what happened.  Constable Tom should have said more than just "Hannah" as a warning, he should have had a more explanatory warning but the writers needed Hannah's faux pas to fuel the rest of the story and I actually felt sorry for Fi, as she tries so hard to convince others that she's not pining for George.  The scene in the boathouse diner with residents in the know, reading George's confession of his life right after his arrival to Weld in his "800 Words" column, were well-done, I felt Fiona's growing pain as she realized what she was reading.  Again, Hannah and Tom led to that sad moment. Poor Fi, She had such sadness on her face as she fled the boathouse. Laura's visitation was a little irksome but it helped to hear George's inner voice and to see him come to the only realization that made sense, He wanted Katie. His dinner with Fiona was also a little revealing as he FINALLY apologized to her for his poor treatment, although his statement that she should consider satisfying her maternal wish the normal way was George's inept way of saying "He's out of the picture", thus leading to Fi's defensive statement about how her wish isn't from any "residual" feelings from their time together.

Our B plot of Lyndsay and Arlo's breakup. I want to feel sorry for them but I can't.  Arlo is such a coward, he frames his statements to Lyndsay in such a luke-warm manner with such trite platitudes that he really comes off as a huge wimp. Lyndsay's performance while an excellent portrayal of a brokenhearted girl, I never got the impression that she was brokenhearted. I got the sense that it was ALL performance within a performance.  She stared at the school room door waiting for Arlo to arrive, then broke out the tears; her sad passive-aggressive toilet stall admission all seemed to target's Arlo's white knight weakness.  Later, when meeting at Arlo's request, Lyndsay went into Poppy mode where she seemed to imitate Poppy's posture and demeanor to weaken Arlo's resolve further.  I get the feeling she played Arlo and he buckled and then RAN like a chicken-shit when he saw that Poppy had returned.  This was a good episode, and surprised me with how well it was done considering how long ago the last episode aired and given the track record the writers have laid down with regards to George's love life.

• Love 1

And this time it was Woody and Tracy with the faux Pax.   Do we have to do this every week?   George has a better vibe with Katie than Fi but I think the writers still want me to be pining for George and Fi and I just 1) never did and 2) couldn't now that they've got George in a nice  chill place with Katie.   

I didn't mind at all the fireman telling Shay and Siouxsie for being inappropriate about his body.  But the show totally undermines it with his moving on to Hannah.   

I undertand Shay wanting Arlo away from Lindsay and with the much less manipulative Poppy.  But the way that she's going about it is a very Lindsay level of manipulation.   

And at the end if Arlo's so glad that Poppy's gotten away from being Lindsay's friend so that he can still be in the running later on... why doesn't he just dump Lindsay and be with Poppy?  Both those women can do better.    I wish Poppy had some personality, though, other than sweet.  I mean sweet is good.  I like sweet. I just wish Arlo girlfriend potential had any personality type other than slightly evil and slightly bubblegum.  

Woody joining in with Poppy in complaining about the boardgames?  LOL.  Especially because I fall more on the Tracy side of that.  I'd ike to think i wouldn't get super competitive over boardgames on my honeymoon... but I make no promises and it would be better if I didn't have the temptation.  

Did they know this was the end when they shot it?  Will things wrap up?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bybrandy said:

And this time it was Woody and Tracy with the faux Pax.   Do we have to do this every week?   George has a better vibe with Katie than Fi but I think the writers still want me to be pining for George and Fi and I just 1) never did and 2) couldn't now that they've got George in a nice  chill place with Katie.   

Woody's Faux Pax was basically Woody being Woody. You Expect as much from Woody, Tracey should have known better that Woody would mess the news up. Not a fan of George & Fiona, so they better just stop with trying to insert her travails into George and Katie's romance.  It's not George's fault that Fi is desperate for a child and needs fertility help, although it was noble of him to offer his help and it was heartwarming to hear Katie's approval of George's behavior with regards to the whole mess.  It isn't often that George gets it right. George and Katie just fit together and it's nice to see them making excuses to get into each other's personal space.

7 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I didn't mind at all the fireman telling Shay and Siouxsie for being inappropriate about his body.  But the show totally undermines it with his moving on to Hannah.

I don't know what the writers were going for here, other than to clarify Shay and Siouxsie's relationship as just sisterly. However, I resent the writers again using Hannah as this sex object.  Yes, I agree the trainer's diatribe against Shay and Siouxsie's (although it was solely Siouxsie) obvious sexist pursuit was ridiculous and loud.

And at the end if Arlo's so glad that Poppy's gotten away from being Lindsay's friend so that he can still be in the running later on... why doesn't he just dump Lindsay and be with Poppy?  Both those women can do better.    I wish Poppy had some personality, though, other than sweet.  I mean sweet is good.  I like sweet. I just wish Arlo girlfriend potential had any personality type other than slightly evil and slightly bubblegum.  

Arlo is a coward.  He can't get out of his relationship with Lyndsay because she is a cruel & manipulative teenager. I loved the little catfight at the dinner table between Shay and Lyndsay. Stork versus Flamingo, LMAO, and when Lyndsay got nasty, (calling both Shay and Siouxsie as pervy around the trainer and called them "tragic") Shay got nasty right back by asking, "How's Poppy?"  LMAO. Shay pushing Lyndsay's buttons. Yes, Shay is also being slightly manipulative but she's just protecting her baby brother who is out of his league with Lyndsay.  I don't even know what Arlo sees in Lyndsay. I liked Emma and I like Poppy, at least she's aware of others besides herself and I don't think Poppy is as obsessed with sex as Lyndsay appears to be. I think Shay had every right to tell Arlo exactly what Lyndsay was trying with Poppy because Arlo is too naive to say anything, although he appears to question some things. I don't know who Lyndsay deserves as a boyfriend. (Ollie?)

Did they know this was the end when they shot it?  Will things wrap up?

Please clarify what this refers to.