Type keyword(s) to search

800 Words - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I have removed the YouTube link from your post. PTV doesn't allow linking to illegal downloads, even if you include the warning that it is probably an untrustworthy site that's trying to scam you.

Okay, cool. I'm more concerned about others thinking that it was safe to view an episode that is really a scam. I don't think it actually links to a hacked video. Hopefully, the comment is enough to warn others of the dangers.

17 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Yes, that part was on topic. :)

And season 3 start date will also be on topic here when it is announced. But so far I have been unable to find any information about it.

It'll start in September as repeats are currently on 7Flix here in Australia. No episodes have been leaked online so any episodes that state they are definitely are not real.

Thanks Nadine!!!  I like that they didn't reveal any spoilers but I wonder who was getting married?  Perhaps Woody & Tracey?  (He did propose!)  I'm not sure if this sneak peek is for the coming episodes or just the premiere. Funny time to get married, when there's a life & death story to tell.   In the States, Sneak Peeks are produced by the networks, not the show runners, without regard to spoilers. Someone could be on the brink of death at the close of the episode, and then the previews for the next week's episode reveals them to be alive. Thank you Channel 7 for not revealing anything besides Jan's delivery and a mysterious wedding. (Nadine, I think you got your wish and Jan will probably stay in Weld, perhaps with Big Al)  Fiona still looks pissed and I hope it's not because the twins are George's (now THAT would be a twist). Oh God, did I just jinx it?  Don't let it be George, don't let it be George!!!  Ugh, Lindsay & Arlo. Please spare me show.  Emma was a cutie pie and a bit of a cheat, but please don't make Lindsay Arlo's rebound.

Still no word on when it premieres, but at least it's coming. I need something to distract me from the "Poldark" hiatus.

This topic is for discussion about season 3 episodes. The season starts September 12 on Channel 7 in Australia. Please don't read this topic if you haven't watched all episodes that have aired on Channel 7 and don't want to be spoiled.

13 hours ago, Qoass said:

Well, this show just hit my local PBS station and I gave it a try. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

How much did you watch?  Admittedly, the show starts off kind of slow as the characters and their quirks become known and they are fleshed out. The house troubles kind of take over the story, in the beginning, and add to the humor, especially as it's the WRONG house. As season 1 progresses, the stories start to involve more than the house and the kids' school.

First episode. Maybe if it repeats later on, I'll give it another try. The fall season is bringing back the shows I already like so it would take something pretty great to get me to suck up another hour of my life.

Yep. I know what you mean. Fall shows are the meat and potatoes of the TV entertainment world; while summer shows are for the quirky and offbeat experimental shows. For me, I try to mix in some drama from other countries, particularly British, Australian, and New Zealand. I live in the states, but can watch the shows I want to watch live. If you come across "800 Words" while channel hopping, linger for awhile. It's a nice change of pace. Enjoy.

I mostly liked the episode, but I don't think this is the kind of show that needs life-or-death cliffhangers, so I don't like that they ended this episode with another one with Jan when we just finished dealing with the season finale cliffhanger.

Damn, I missed it. Been too busy to watch anything. I'll log on in a few, and try to watch it. Thanks for the reminder. I would never have thought that I needed to be reminded but now I live on the Left Coast again, and am still trying to get reacclimated.

Heh, not bad! The suspense was well done. I actually thought one of the three lost at sea, would not return, especially the Aussie Steve. However, paulvdb, is correct, we really don't need a Jan cliffhangar right after season two's cliffhangar resolution.  Damn it, but Ollie is seriously creepy. To me, the highlight of the episode was Siouxsie, and the looks by Shay and George when she first spoke to them. Clearly they were both wondering "who the hell are you" and it was Siouxsie, who didn't have time to "get her kit on".  Although I had seen the actress without her usual Goth makeup before, I REALLY didn't recognize her. I also liked how she saw through Ollie right off the bat, and knew what he was up to. I can't believe that he seriously thought about letting the "competition" perish. Shows how twisted the character is being portrayed.

First question: Is Woody really going to pretend that he's happy with his spur-of-the-moment decision to propose to Tracey? We've seen him do this before with Becks. (Not own up to his real feelings) I'm reasonably certain that he loves Tracey, he just doesn't seem like he's ready to settle down. He also doesn't realize that Tracey really loves him and can accept Woody for the lovable nut that he is.

Second question: How long is George going to keep Fiona at arms length?  If he truly cares for her, he should talk to her. She's hurting and it's kind of painful to watch. 

Third question: What the heck is going on with Gloria?  She looked like she was on the run.

I enjoyed this episode and I'm glad 800 Words is back.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Nadine said:

Regarding Gloria well technically she did dispose of her husband in her backyard. ?

She didn't kill him though and only went to jail because she buried him too close or too far to/from the house. I like Gloria. I didn't at first but her quirkiness and social awkwardness are endearing. I especially liked it when she teased George by putting the George/Fiona kiss on the front page knowing that it would bug him.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1

Holy Hell!!!! What have they done to my show? It's gotten STUPID and so NOT fun. I feel like I missed some episodes.  The characters have become these one-dimensional cardboard cutouts. Zac is in the hospital waiting for Jan to regain consciousness and says he knows the twins aren’t his. WTF? You have a son that almost drowned GTF out of there and go see to your son.

George now wants the kids to be his and has gotten so insensitive that he cannot even realize that the woman who loves him, Fiona, is crumbling with pain at her loss. “Meet Thing Two!” WOW! Soul-crushingly bad, George. 

Ollie has raised the creep factor level to 11 and now wants individual, separate thanks.

Sean and Brenda seem like they hate each other.

Still no Gloria and Siouxsie has undergone some transformation to boring and dull. (I wonder if she has been suffering from allergic reactions to the extreme makeup they’ve had her wearing)  Hannah had ZERO dialogue in this episode or it was so underwhelming that I cannot even bother trying to remember.

Bill, Jr. has been lobotomized and Lindsay feels like it’s okay to tell her dad that’s he’s not manly enough because he’s not a car person.  The “surprise” engagement party went through the traditional trope of guests rising to suprise the happy couple, only to realize that it’s NOT the happy couple. So lame!! I must have seen that trope like 1,000 times on TV, in my life.

Jan loves Steve all of a sudden and Big Mac is having a mid-life crisis or something.

Ike, has found his Gods and they’re talking to him and calling him out to sea, siren-like.

CRAP EPISODE!!! Worst episode yet.

Damn, forgot to mention, the worst trope of all, the “I can’t marry her because i’m already married!”.  The writers seriously need to enroll in NA therapy sessions or something because they’ve checked out of reality.

Edited by Jacks-Son
8 hours ago, ali59 said:

What the heck happened with Gloria?  Did I miss something?

That's what I've been wondering. These first two episodes feel like the writers have skipped over some events. As I've said, Gloria was packing like she was on the lam. Obviously, Constable Tom knows what happened but nothing is being said. Ike is in La La Land, Shay is broken (quite unusual for iron constitution Shay), George IGNORES Fiona, and weirdness of all, Arlo and Lindsay act like they're a couple. (What's with the kiss "hello"?) News of the Weld has gone Weird.

This episode was a little better than the previous ones. Hannah-centric and she acted her ass off.  This was the first episode where I felt Hannah could act instead of being just a pretty face. The Woody secret is still ridiculous and has a lot of the people of Weld involved but it's kind of cool that Hannah has solved it and has kept it under wraps. Still no Gloria, and that bothers me because I like Gloria and I'm bummed that she's gone with no answers. Shay and Siouxsie are becoming fast friends and that's so different, and they've introduced Ike's mom, Ngahuia, and I hope she's NOT Georgia's next love interest but right now I don't see many other potential contestants. Arlo and Lindsay are still a puzzle. This episode may be heading in the right path, but I'll hold back any hope that they've had right this ship.

Ike and Shay are still a work in progress, and now they've introduced this whole Laura speaking from the grave thing and I don't know how I feel about it. It's a different culture and I can keep an open mind, so I'll just see where it goes.

Edited by Jacks-Son
On 04/10/2017 at 9:21 PM, Jacks-Son said:

This episode was a little better than the previous ones. Hannah-centric and she acted her ass off.  This was the first episode where I felt Hannah could act instead of being just a pretty face. The Woody secret is still ridiculous and has a lot of the people of Weld involved but it's kind of cool that Hannah has solved it and has kept it under wraps. Still no Gloria, and that bothers me because I like Gloria and I'm bummed that she's gone with no answers. Shay and Siouxsie are becoming fast friends and that's so different, and they've introduced Ike's mom, Ngahuia, and I hope she's NOT George's next love interest but right now I don't see many other potential contestants. Arlo and Lindsay are still a puzzle. This episode may be heading in the right path, but I'll hold back any hope that they've had right this ship.

I'd be putting money on her being his next love interest and that is purely speculation on my behalf not a spoiler. If it happens it'll be interesting to see how that goes down with Hannah, Katie, Fiona, Ike, Zac and Billy.  If they don't go that route they'll bring Rose (Woody's ex) back and hook her up with George at the end of the season.

I do however love the Hannah being a cop storyline, good to see them giving her a storyline she can play with as opposed to the idiotic one they gave her with Terry. :)

Edited by Nadine

Oh Woody . I knew the whole thing was going to blow up in his face (hello Rachel Carpani with her normal accent) but I didn't see the daughter twist coming . And of course Mary/Rose invited herself to Weld so George can have his 3rd Mcleods Daughters alumni hookups

Shay and Siouxsie work as buddies and Ollie continues to be a creep .

• Love 1
On 10/10/2017 at 0:02 AM, Nadine said:

I'd be putting money on her being his next love interest and that is purely speculation on my behalf not a spoiler. If it happens it'll be interesting to see how that goes down with Hannah, Katie, Fiona, Ike, Zac and Billy. 

I do however love the Hannah being a cop storyline, good to see them giving her a storyline she can play with as opposed to the idiotic one they gave her with Terry. :)

Yes, unfortunately, George with Ngahuia seems like a likely play since it affects all of those people simultaneously and it's a story disrupter.  Hannah can act, who knew?

There are still a few things I don't like how this season is written: 1) The missing person - Gloria. 2) George's apparently ignoring Fiona. 3) Arlo and Lindsay. 4) Siouxsie's new look. (I think it's makeup related) 5) This INCREDIBLY stupid plan to get a secret divorce.

These are plots that have yet to be explained. I understand Woody doesn't want Tracey to know he's married but WHY?  It's a ridiculous trope and I thought this show was above that.

I said the same thing the other day to someone about George and Fiona, that’s as if they went yep that never happened. So George will probably go after Ngahlia or Katie if Rob’s interview about jealousy between George and Zac is correct, then it’s either those two or Zac hooking up with Fiona. But those are all specs on my behalf because other then those choices the jealousy part wouldn’t be into play.

Jackie who plays Gloria was off promoting her film worldwide that is the reason she went MIA.

Edited by Nadine
  • Love 1

Just finished the latest episode. Holy crap!! Woody is a total mess.  This episode was hilarious, but I have no sympathy for Woody.  He created this mess and made ALL the wrong decisions.  He keeps asking George to accompany him everywhere but he refuses to actually take George's advice.  It's like he's talking over people and not hearing what they are saying.  I know that's classic Woody, but these are life-altering decisions and need reflection, not impetuous behavior.  The secret was not containable and that should have been obvious from the start especially with their whatever-you-call-it-vine.

What in the Hell is Monty and Siouxsie doing staying there??? Monty is a real estate broker, doesn't he have a vacant house he can stay in for a couple of days?  Is that illegal?  Why stay at George's house and why is Lyndsay around all the time?  Did I miss a hook-up or something? Snuggling under a blanket with her legs in his lap???  WTF?

I'll have to read Rob's interview to find out what the heck is planned for this season.  Was Mary/Rose flirting with George?  George is REALLY heading down the path to slut.  I don't see ANY woman dealing with him if he's going to treat Fiona like they weren't in a relationship.

Shay needs to tell Ollie to SERIOUSLY fuck off!!  He's the kind of guy that you need to get a restraining order on.  If I'm Shay, I'm talking to Constable Tom about Stalker Ollie.

"Jackie who plays Gloria was off promoting her film worldwide that is the reason she went MIA."

Is it THAT hard to throw out a quick one-liner explaining her disappearance? Making it seem like she was on the lam w/o any further explanation is poor writing. Maybe she's not coming back to the show, but deal with it a little bit better that what they are doing.  Thanks for the 411, though, Nadine.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1
On 10/11/2017 at 5:45 PM, Nadine said:

So George will probably go after Ngahlia or Katie if Rob’s interview about jealousy between George and Zac is correct

Nadine, could you point me to this interview please? I looked on Y7's web site but couldn't find it.

52 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Nadine, could you point me to this interview please? I looked on Y7's web site but couldn't find it.

It was on the official FB page - think this is the link it was in the first half of the Q&A if I remember correctly.

Edited by Nadine

Hmm, interesting. My iPad shows the imbedded video and this new link but the Chrome browser on my Mac does not. On my Mac, it just shows your comment but nothing else. Gotta check out why. I've seen this video, but I don't recall it mentioning George, just Ike and Zach's relationship.

Too many extensions on my Chrome browser.  One of them was blocking the imbedded video.  Watched the video (it was a different video from the one I had already seen), well at least the portion you were talking about as far as jealousies, it was intentionally vague, obviously, so it leaves the question of who is jealous of who and with whom. My assumption would be that that little clue eliminates Mary/Rose from contention and almost assuredly places Ngahuia at the top of the list for George's next romance. (Not a spoiler, just conjecture) . So, yes, I agree with you, Ngahuia is next on the list and if George gets involved with her, without at least talking it over with Fiona and Katie, he will be officially on my shit list. Hannah, Ike, and Billy, should be of less concern, and Billy probably has no skin in the game. As an aside, it's interesting seeing Benson Jack Anthony (Arlo) playing an older teen.  I remember him as a child actor in the series "Legend of the Seeker".

Edited by Jacks-Son
On 10/11/2017 at 5:45 PM, Nadine said:

So George will probably go after Ngahlia or Katie if Rob’s interview about jealousy between George and Zac is correct

Can't be Katie, though she's still my preference, as Zac didn't get jealous when George and Katie went on their date.  In fact, he encouraged it.

7 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Can't be Katie, though she's still my preference, as Zac didn't get jealous when George and Katie went on their date.  In fact, he encouraged it.

It could be Katie - he did get jealous when he asked her on the date but hid it LOL. Well you can always have the evil tangled web, have them hooking up with their previous exes. When that happens I will literally be throwing a pillow at the television screen.

If it came down to Katie or Ngahlia I'd take Katie too (since I doubt they'll go the Fiona angle anymore).

On a positive note about S3 at least we are getting storylines for different characters, even if I am not a fan of them all, etc.

Edited by Nadine
29 minutes ago, Nadine said:

It could be Katie - he did get jealous when he asked her on the date but hid it LOL. Well you can always have the evil tangled web. George hooking up with Katie or Ngahlia and Zac with Fiona... 

Zac got Jealous when George asked Katie out out on a date? I don't remember that!  Your "evil tangled web" is scary. George with Katie is MY preferred outcome, but I can't see Zac with Fiona as viable. The only pro of that coupling is her desire for a child; otherwise his belief that he's some kind of a stud goes against my understanding of Fiona. She's not attracted to "studs" as her Robbie experience has shown. Fiona has shown that she's abhorrent of guys who behave like they are "studs".

On 14/10/2017 at 8:57 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Zac got Jealous when George asked Katie out out on a date? I don't remember that!  Your "evil tangled web" is scary. George with Katie is MY preferred outcome, but I can't see Zac with Fiona as viable. The only pro of that coupling is her desire for a child; otherwise his belief that he's some kind of a stud goes against my understanding of Fiona. She's not attracted to "studs" as her Robbie experience has shown. Fiona has shown that she's abhorrent of guys who behave like they are "studs".

He did initially when he heard Katie's laugh which was her mating laugh then it was like eh I'm fine with it.

At least there's a wedding next week!

He just recognized her mating laugh but I didn't get the feeling that he was jealous. I actually think Katie is out of Zac's league now.  I'm watching the latest episode as we post but this episode is all over the place.  Some things I like (e.g. Tracy's reaction to Poppy) and some things I don't like (e.g. George and Fiona's talk in the restaurant; it was a perfect time and so relevant to their situation that I felt a small mention was due because of their SHITTY RELATIONSHIP). Also, a Gloria mention without an answer. I'm beginning to suspect that the show runner doesn't know what Jackie van Beek's (Gloria) plans are so they're leaving it vague and open.

Lindsay's jealousy of Poppy is so weird. While their relationship came out of nowhere, it's starting to grow on me. This Lindsay appears totally unlike the Lindsay from season 1 and part of season 2. She seems to honestly care for Arlo, and it's kind of refreshing.

George's interaction with Katie was so natural and true that it pains me that they don't recognize how easy-going their relationship is. Meanwhile, they're beginning to set up his relationship with Ngahlia; since she's now his boss.  I have no clue what her qualifications are but it screams plot device.

I will return to watching the rest of the episode now. /break over

Edited by Jacks-Son

I enjoyed the episode but it was convenient that all it took was a bit of emotional blackmail by George to fix things .And careful what you wish for there George now you are sat it your empty house while Arlo and Shay are living large with the Mac cousins .

There was a bit in the Daily Mail of all places about the show - truthfully is was more  about the fact that the actress that plays Poppy is actually 25 in real life (there were some great pics of her and Rachel Carpani on set ). Link posted on the media thead

Edited by Humbugged

I'm a bit confused and I may have to re-watch the episode, but whose house is Shay and Siouxsie staying in? If it's a vacant house, why can't Woody, Poppy, Monty, & Siouxsie stay there. Also, why is Lyndsay staying with Arlo? So, Arlo and Lyndsay are having unprotected sex after the big deal that was made of it last season?  This whole lodging situation is crazy and makes no sense. I understand that Monty's house was inundated with water, but Woody can easily fix that (instead of wallowing in George's bed) and Bill Jr. is a plumber who can drain the water.

1 minute ago, paulvdb said:

If I understand correctly Shay and Siouxsie are staying in a house in a holiday park. The owner is not in Weld at this time of the year.

Thanks. You have to wonder why Monty didn't stay there initially. I guess it's all part of the contrived dramedy. Additionally, Ollie is going to appear eventually at that house and the Shay/Ollie situation will come to a head. <conjecture>