Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Line Of Duty

54 minutes ago, scrb said:

But they're 5 seasons in.  So are they going to run 6 episodes a year for the next 5 years and whatever additional seasons may have aired?

This article says that they're going to air the first three seasons on Saturdays. 

• Like 1

just added Acorn while under self isolation due to virus.  Love the show.  in the middle of season 3 right now.  I love British TV......I have all but stopped watching American network shows because they become so tedious as they drag things out.  I've been alternating between this show and No Offence....

currently on season 2 on prime. it's good so far but I just want mark bonnar to read the dictionary or a phone book or some steamy adult novels to me.

• Laugh 3

2 minutes ago, buttercupia said:

currently on season 2 on prime. it's good so far but I just want mark bonnar to read the dictionary or a phone book or some steamy adult novels to me

I know him from Shetland (and he *is* really cute) but didn't even realize he was in LoD!

So, in the penultimate episode of S1, DI Arnott got his fingers cut off, or so I thought.  I just started S2 (The Ambush), and he's not showing any mutilations.  What happened?  Anyway, this looks like a pretty brutal series already.  One episode in and they're 4 cops down.

I'm actually happy Hastings is in trouble in the current season. He has a a problem with female officers. It's especially obvious in season 4. His treatment of Lindsey Denton in Season 2 ep 1 is subtle but it's there. He's a chauvinist twat.

Seasons 2 and 3 are actually my favorite Line of Duty seasons. 

Regarding this episode the husband staring at Kate during his wife's funeral was disgusting.

• Like 1

I just watched season 5 this past week.

I was hoping we would find out more about Lisa McQueen - why was she so bad ass and yet so not at the same time? Where did she come from, what was her story? 

I agree that the last episode, which was extra long, had just too much of that really long interrogation scene that caused me to doze off! I like Anna Maxwell Martin, but she's not the most energetic actor, so yikes, snooze city.

And - who was the person on the other end of the computer link before the police spoofed it? Are to assume it WAS Hastings? Because he got rid of the computer? So many unanswered questions, really.

Edited by Eliza422
  • Like 1

British comedian Lee Mack’s LoD parody:

• Laugh 1

I just finished watching The Caddy and that was a gut punch after the whole season.  Here the entire time I was cheering for Denton and, boom.  Arnott needs a vacation far away for awhile to get away from this cesspool.  Looking forward to the next season.

• Like 2

Could someone go through and indicate spoilers in the earlier posts? Thanx!

12 minutes ago, nb360 said:

Could someone go through and indicate spoilers in the earlier posts? Thanx!

All five seasons have aired in the UK and have been made available in the US.  Season 6 hasn't started filming yet (I don't think).  Other than casting information, there really hasn't been spoilers released.

What are you looking for exactly?

I’m not looking for spoilers, I’m trying to stay away from them. I just started watching, I’m on season 2... there was a post here about someone not being innocent - I’m not sure what season it was in reference to but I don’t want to be spoiled...

5 hours ago, nb360 said:

I’m not looking for spoilers, I’m trying to stay away from them. I just started watching, I’m on season 2... there was a post here about someone not being innocent - I’m not sure what season it was in reference to but I don’t want to be spoiled...

Sorry, the only way you're going to avoid spoilers for a show that's been on for 8 years is not to read the forum until you are done watching it. What if someone starts watching it two years from now, or five years from now, can't keep everything under spoiler tags forever.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nb360 said:

For shows with a single thread, I can tell you that once something has aired, Primetimer policy is that it shouldn't be spoiler tagged.  It can be tricky for those watching on a delay---even for those of us in the US who get the show after it airs in the UK. (Shows with multithreads are different.)

The only thing you can do is to pay attention to when the episode you're watching originally aired and not reading any posts newer than that.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

For shows with a single thread, I can tell you that once something has aired, Primetimer policy is that it shouldn't be spoiler tagged.  It can be tricky for those watching on a delay---even for those of us in the US who get the show after it airs in the UK. (Shows with multithreads are different.)

The only thing you can do is to pay attention to when the episode you're watching originally aired and not reading any posts newer than that.

Ok, DCC, thanks!

I'll ignore the other snark.

Edited by nb360

So, S3 on AMC just ended.  Helluvan ending, too.  Kate must have watched a few episode or a movie or two of American cop shows.  It will be interesting to see where they go from here.  I do want to know who the "they" is that had Dot in the palm of their hands.  If he thought he was getting away, he was sadly mistaken.  If she hadn't taken out that car, his body would have been dumped on an isolated street corner shortly thereafter.

I wonder how long the actress had to rest between those takes of the pursuit.  I was somewhat expecting the Armed Police to be just another group of crooks, but she can't be killed off.

Note to self:  Watch all episodes all the way through.  Somehow I missed the end of The List, and during the "previouslys", I was struck dumb by Lindsay's demise.  I take it from the epilogue that they finally did decide she was involved in the ambush?

I know it said that Arnott still works in AC, but, if I were him, I would bail and find a job as a fruit peddler someplace.  That office sucks.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 11:09 PM, Dowel Jones said:

So, S3 on AMC just ended.  Helluvan ending, too.  Kate must have watched a few episode or a movie or two of American cop shows.  It will be interesting to see where they go from here.  I do want to know who the "they" is that had Dot in the palm of their hands.  If he thought he was getting away, he was sadly mistaken.  If she hadn't taken out that car, his body would have been dumped on an isolated street corner shortly thereafter.

What I did not get was why the person driving Dot, drove around in what seemed to be circles.  What the hell was the point of that?  Should they not be trying to get away from the area?  Just odd.

I am not happy that AMC only had the first three series.  I did not know that and I was waiting for the new season to start Saturday night.  This sucks, I wonder if they will show the rest of the show or not.  I was looking forward to seeing Thandie Newton (Hands down the best character on Westworld) and Stephen Graham (Loved him as Al Capone in Boardwalk Empire and for his work in This Is England ) on the show and now I do not know if that will happen. 

I have to admit it was tough seeing Keeley Hawes as the kind of, sort of villain.  She killed it in both seasons, but after being a fan of hers on Life On Mars it was tough seeing her play bad.