Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

Barry

Recommended Posts

Yeah not buying Fuchs as being able to pull that off. I expected Cristobal and his team to shoot him during his little monologue. 

All the drama with the actors is too much for me. Barry needs to move on. 

Share this post


Link to post

I can buy that people would come up to Sally after the show and say that she was amazing.

I don't really buy that people would actually think she was amazing. But people love to make a big show of how supportive they are in that kind of a situation.

The people from the agency being impressed by her (and it seemed like they truly were) was harder to swallow.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

And, last week, I saw it as a real person's legs in pants in the trunk.
This week, I don't think the cops would be so convinced of her murder by Gene or later the Chechens if there was no body.

I don't think that Gene would have been so totally devastated if there was no body.  He still had hope that she was out there somewhere - now he knows that she is really dead.

How did the bullet get on top of Esther?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

It was her body in the trunk, for sure. I'm also surmising that Hank placed the bullet on top of Esther to get cred with the Chechen. Hank would have surely been whacked otherwise.

Edited by cpcathy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I can buy that people would come up to Sally after the show and say that she was amazing.

I don't really buy that people would actually think she was amazing. But people love to make a big show of how supportive they are in that kind of a situation.

The people from the agency being impressed by her (and it seemed like they truly were) was harder to swallow.

I think the point we were meant to get is that the two guys from the agency (being guys, and therefore stupid about women, and also desperate to protect themselves from women) actually saw some amazing truth that wasn't there, while the woman agent (being a woman, and therefore smarter and more clear-eyed about women's truth) saw the lie that was there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

I think the point we were meant to get is that the two guys from the agency (being guys, and therefore stupid about women, and also desperate to protect themselves from women) actually saw some amazing truth that wasn't there, while the woman agent (being a woman, and therefore smarter and more clear-eyed about women's truth) saw the lie that was there.

But other people came up to her too.

In the Inside the Episode they seemed to hint that Sally thinks she's a fraud but her little scene is a success so she's going to feel ambivalent about success vs. feeling it's undeserved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Sally’s agent knows what the scene was supposed to be, I think. And her class definitely knows what it was supposed to be. It’s a helluva betrayal in its own way that she inspired some of them to dig deep and get really real in their pieces and then she panicked and reverted to the fake version when the moment came.

I still don’t remotely believe a relatively junior agent (if she has the Mikes sit in on her meeting with Sally) has the pull to fill up a 400 seat theater on such short notice. I’ve seen much smaller theatres in LA where the reserved/industry seats go unfilled, and those shows had more legitimately on-the-verge talent performing than this class.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think Gene could know Barry killed Janice or their relationship is over.

Then you go from the sardonic Gene to the angry, vengeful Gene.

Not only would that not be funny, it would kill the character.

So they're going to find some way next season for Gene to not believe that.

Now by the end of the series, he may learn it was Barry after all who killed her.

Didn't Barry also mow down a lot of gangsters at that stash house at the end of season 1 too.

Yes the body count is horrific.  Hard to keep up the comedic quotient when the main character can go into kill mode like that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think if Gene is aware that Fuchs set him up (especially since he knows Fuchs used his cellphone to impersonate him), Barry can easily convince him that Fuchs is the true murderer. He would still be an angry, vengeful Gene though ☹️

Henry Winkler did such an outstanding job of conveying Gene's devastation at realizing that Janice is truly dead. Heck, even I had a glimmer of hope she might still be alive. But I doubt that body in the trunk is a red herring. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Yes the body count is horrific.  Hard to keep up the comedic quotient when the main character can go into kill mode like that.

This show is a "comedy" because it's Bill Hader, but, really, it's a drama with comic relief.

Share this post


Link to post

Near the end there I thought I was back watching the latest John Wick movie. Holey cow, that plot armor was impressive. They're really going to have to up the ante for season three.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×