Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

• Start Topic

So who the heck is this "Prince" boss at NCIS HQ...and where is Vance?  And why were the walls of NCIS in Washington NOT Orange?

I am more convinced than ever that Rocky Carroll must have asked for a huge salary boost to appear on the two NCIS platforms that are not original recipe.  So TPTB just kept him on the mothership but have written the LA and NO shows so that neither Carroll nor his character "Vance" have any part in those shows. 

TPTB:  "Rocky wants how much money for LA and NO?  No problem...we'll just pretend that he doesn't exist.  Case closed!"

OK...so Hamilton is safely back in prison, and his sentence is still "Life" so we should be done with him for awhile.  WHEW!!!!

But now Pride got his dad paroled and I do not believe that Stacy Keach will just go off and disappear quietly.  I'm sure we'll spend the rest of this season watching Pride and Poppa Pride get all up in each other's business. 

Edited by UncleChuck
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Rambler said:

Oh and Hamilton had no objection that the judge hearing his plea deal was the very person he was about to name as his co-conspirator.  Too bad fake prosecutor had to go and pull the fire alarm as I feel that would have led to a very funny courtroom scene.

OMG how did I not notice this GIGANTIC plot hole here???  This is totally stupid!!!!!!!!!!  If that scene did occur, it would have rivaled most soap opera reveals...

• Love 2
On 12/13/2017 at 8:02 PM, Rambler said:

This plot made absolutely zero sense. The first three guys that were killed couldn’t reveal the name of the big bad guy? Then why were they given a deal and released from prison in the first place? And after the first two were killed, you would think the justice department would notice and maybe try to protect the last guy. And then you have an imposter federal prosecutor allowed to hang around a high profile fourth witness for a few days and nobody notices. Of course after the fire alarm is set off, you just leave one marshal to guard the witness because an assassin would never use a trick like that. Oh and Hamilton had no objection that the judge hearing his plea deal was the very person he was about to name as his co-conspirator. Too bad fake prosecutor had to go and pull the fire alarm as I feel that would have led to a very funny courtroom scene.

It's also official: Hamilton has the WORST LAWYER ON THE PLANET! Hamilton gets kidnapped by a federal agent that's been stalking him for months and somehow he doesn't get off scot free on the grounds of cohesion if nothing else? If Pride had the kind of evidence needed to convict Hamilton that would have made the fact that he did that not Hamilton's get out of jail free card he wouldn't have needed to do that in the first place.

• Love 1

I’m tired of all this. Pride was the calm voice of reason at the beginning of this series. Now he’s a raging lunatic.  Just go back to the case of the week. I don't want to have to keep track of characters I only see a couple times a season.... nor do I want to keep track of all these stupid arc plots. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Not looking possible. 

I know. Hate when shows do that. Show us someone viable as a romantic partner for one of the leads, then either kill them or ship 'em off by the end of the episode.

Sebastian receives a plea for help from his high school friend Adrian Conner  after her business partner is killed at the Crescent City Gaming Convention. Also, FBI Special Agent Raymond Isler believes Adrian is a hacker the Cyber Crimes division has been tracking for years.

Never thought I would hate the sound of two letters, but I just cannot stand when they refer to "HQ."  Does anyone really do that anymore??

Anyway, was amused at the ridiculousness of a drone flying around NOLA - but confused as to why the drone was heading toward baddie and his wife if they were the ones controlling it?  Since that was around the time I started half paying attention, it is possible I missed why....

11 hours ago, marina to said:

Nice seeing Percy with someone who's not LaSalle. Can't we keep him?

Agree with this!  Some decent backstory with a blossoming romance.  Of course he was scapegoated and had to quit....

• Love 1

Nice to hear the word "Vance" finally being uttered. 

But otherwise it was again another very predictable episode.  Knew from the beginning that drone was the primary target.  And when they robbed that "electronics" store (something they mentioned over and over again) that they would use those parts to reprogram that drone's navigation system.   And that once his wife was found there in that "safe house" (also known as "red shirt residence") that the drone would target that place.

Oh well, at least Pride wasn't yelling and screaming and being his usual insane self in this one.  Maybe they will tone down his character a bit now.  (not holding my breath on that one though)

• Love 2
On 1/3/2018 at 10:48 AM, TheGreenWave said:

Never thought I would hate the sound of two letters, but I just cannot stand when they refer to "HQ."  Does anyone really do that anymore??

I could see jokingly someone calling it "HQ". Like Sebastian when he calls with information on the monitor, trying to act cool like a secret agent or something . But in everyday conversation, or during a case, most should call it Quantico or whatever. It did seem strange they hadn't mentioned Vance's name in all the stuff going on about Pride being after Hamilton and all that. But as I mentioned in a past comment, that Vance had problems with Gibbs and McGee being held captive at that time too. But through LA Deputy Director Owen Granger's  wounding and his "disappearance" ,we never heard about Vance. They have his replacement Mosley there now, but even with Hetty "missing" we have no word of Leon? Maybe Gibbs should come and see Pride on his time off and calm him down?

Percy's hair was very nice. It was nice that she was worried about Pride "going off the reservation" again. I did like Agent Jim Roman, and him and Sonja did make sparks. It did seem like they packed a lot into one episode. I got confused and it seemed rushed a bit.  With CIA Agent Megan Sutter and all mixed in, I thought she was bad. With her taking Willard Kurtz away and giving them Jim Smith as his accomplice. I figured the drone would be stopped in the end from destroying something big. But with Hugo James Smith, Claire Kurtz(she seemed dense, but we found it an act, kinda), and Markus Tyrell, add in Sutter and Roman and Estes and it was full hour.

I thought that Captain Estes(Matt Servitto) of the NOPD, sold his character scenes. He being confused and upset over his offices being shot, and especially Officer Mary Crane. Then when Pride interviewed him he was confused. Later when he came to NCIS and found that Agent Sutter had taken over all the investigation he was upset. He did a great job selling it. Then at the wake he was staring into space. Good work!

Edited by webruce
added comment
  • Love 3

A petty officer’s murder leads the team to a family-owned night club where Pride’s mother used to perform weekly. Also, Lasalle must urgently return home to Alabama after receiving an unexpected call from his family.

• Love 1
On 1/2/2018 at 8:31 PM, marina to said:

I know. Hate when shows do that. Show us someone viable as a romantic partner for one of the leads, then either kill them or ship 'em off by the end of the episode.

Well the other possibility is to stop the will they or won't they and go ahead which broke the chemistry of many a show. In the grandmother show JAG they played the Harm/Mac thing to the end with both characters finding others until the last season. I bet if they get notice of a possible cancellation the City/Country Mouse ship will go to flank speed.

• Love 2

This one started off on the wrong foot with me.  Playing football inside an office with a real football?  Don't think so.  And I lived in New Orleans in the Quarter, and I know that the louvered shutters could NOT withstand a hit by a football without shattering.  OK, so those at their office are decorative.  So they'd still break.  First flood shutters keep out hurricanes and riffraff.  But they aren't as pretty.  

The rest of the show really jumped around, but more or less kept on script with the problem and its solution.  The good guys dead car at the intersection might have been hit by one car, but New Orleans streets and their pot holes don't really allow for high speed chases or driving.  So a single car collision....is enough.

I grow to really, really like the black computer guy's character.  This episode he was my favorite.

• Love 2

Right - like they don't have paperwork to fill out or something? Not sure I like the thought of all work ceasing at the NOLA NCIS office when Pride is away - taxpayer dollars!!!

Now that the phrase "HQ" has surpassed "Triple P" as the most annoying phrase used in the show for me, I agree - he has mellowed out his portrayal of Patton and I'm really liking what he adds to the show.  Other than that, the episode was sort of cheesy/boring for me.

Forget abut magically stopping cars, and having planes simply start dropping out of the sky and every electronic device being easily hacked like that -- my disbelief came up front and center when that landline just magically started working after all those months (years?) of being inactive.  Ok, they may have gotten a dial tone, but there is such a thing as a paying a phone bill for the phone line to actually be usable.  But I can fanwank and maybe say they were able to use it by telling the operator (do they exist either?) they are law enforcement and this is an emergency.  But still..

And maybe it's just me being cynical in my old age, but I really thought Sebastian's high school classmate was going to be shot and killed in that shootout at the school.  Glad that didn't happen.  She was nice, I hope she comes back in a later episode or two.

• Love 1

The car stalling out in the middle of an intersection reminded me strongly of "Leverage" and Hardison's supreme hacking skills.  Otherwise, Sebastian really gets on my nerves.  Guy needs to go back to the lab where he belongs.

On 1/11/2018 at 0:37 AM, brgjoe said:

my disbelief came up front and center when that landline just magically started working after all those months (years?) of being inactive.  Ok, they may have gotten a dial tone, but there is such a thing as a paying a phone bill for the phone line to actually be usable.  But I can fanwank and maybe say they were able to use it by telling the operator (do they exist either?) they are law enforcement and this is an emergency.  But still..

Not just have the phone working (i.e. dial tone & being able to call out), but it had to have an actual assigned number so that people could call in!!

• Love 2

The bar likely has a landline but they use cordless phones. So plugging in an old-school princess phone (I had one for years ?) wasn’t too much of a stretch. And cars do run on computers nowadays so s good hacker can shut it down. That’s one of the biggest concerns with autonomous  vehicles. That a hacker could take over the car and either shut it down or cause an accident/use it aS a weapon. The technology is definitely there, you just need the skills. Pretty scary...

It was the first episode in a while that didn't fall under hate and snark watch category. They almost went with the Gibbs' rule when he let his subordinate run lead on a case but wisely refrained from saying it. The twinkle in Pride's eyes when he knew that they had to go old school detecting was nice

On ‎06‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 1:01 PM, webruce said:

Percy's hair was very nice. It was nice that she was worried about Pride "going off the reservation" again.

I'm only just now catching up but I wasn't under the impression that Percy was concerned about Pride. It sounded a lot like she was concerned about herself/her career. Admitedly, I don't like how over the top they went with Pride. On the other hand, is he really that different from any of the other NCIS teams? Either way, he never asked any of his team members to go along. If Percy doesn't like the way Pride handles things she's welcome to quit but if someone doesn't last longer than three years somewhere, I don't think the problem necessarily lies with the others. Percy has had difficulties being a team player from the beginning and it appeared to me, that she still does. And Pride may be reckless but he'd take the fall for any of his Team members in a heartbeat and none of them can really complain that he wouldn't protect them/hasn't protected them in the past.

That said, I wish they'd drop this whole "going off-book" thing and just did normal cases.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I'm only just now catching up but I wasn't under the impression that Percy was concerned about Pride. It sounded a lot like she was concerned about herself/her career. Admitedly, I don't like how over the top they went with Pride. On the other hand, is he really that different from any of the other NCIS teams? Either way, he never asked any of his team members to go along. If Percy doesn't like the way Pride handles things she's welcome to quit but if someone doesn't last longer than three years somewhere, I don't think the problem necessarily lies with the others. Percy has had difficulties being a team player from the beginning and it appeared to me, that she still does. And Pride may be reckless but he'd take the fall for any of his Team members in a heartbeat and none of them can really complain that he wouldn't protect them/hasn't protected them in the past.

That said, I wish they'd drop this whole "going off-book" thing and just did normal cases.

I couldn't disagree with your post more. I think the Percy character is judged with by a double standard. I didn't read this kind of comment a couple of episodes ago when Gregorio disobeyed a direct order, and when called out on it, argued and then walked out on Pride. As a matter of fact, when other characters go off book, I don't see the sentiment that they should be written off the show, but my opinion.

@threebluestars totally agree with your post! I loved her natural hair and the actress must have the patience of a saint to have put up with that horrible wig for so long. Also agree that Pride going off all over the place is getting very old. 

On 1/2/2018 at 10:16 PM, enoughcats said:

Not looking possible. 

I'm glad about that. Percy is a grown woman and single. Why shouldn't she hook up and date like most of the other characters on the show? 

Edited by JustS
Added words. Bad typing.
  • Love 2

@CheshireCat and  @JustS you both are right! Both Percy and Gregorio go off at different times. Also Percy has missed some cases(episodes), when probably off doing something else. I do agree that pride does not involve anyone if they don't want to help on his missions. But I was surprised he had 2 cases he went off, one when Raymond Isler was even behind him. This was after his suspension and all that went down. I know it will happen again, but like posted above about Leroy Gibbs or Sam Hanna also going off the books, it does happen a few times a season. Hetty also goes of Book, and (rest his soul) Assistant Director Granger did also.

If people on forums treat Percy and Gregorio differently it could just be because of their character development? Not because of some underlying thing. pride and LaSalle are judge differently too. Or if Sebastian did something wrong. Or like Loretta Wade when her son was kidnapped.

Another thought on the "HQ" thing is that probably Eric Beale from Los Angeles would call it that in his kooky way.

Edited by webruce
added thought.
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, JustS said:

I couldn't disagree with your post more. I think the Percy character is judged with by a double standard. I didn't read this kind of comment a couple of episodes ago when Gregorio disobeyed a direct order, and when called out on it, argued and then walked out on Pride. As a matter of fact, when other characters go off book, I don't see the sentiment that they should be written off the show, but my opinion.

I don't remember the incident you're referring so, I obviously don't recall how the dialogue went down. But when Percy confronts Pride the second time in this episode, she talks about how he is setting "them" up again to go off book, and that it's not just his career on the line and she accuses him of investigating the cop's murder no matter the cost. (I'm really not entirely sure what her problem with that one, to be honest) I'd say, she'd have said different things if she were worried about Pride and she'd have stuck around to be sure he doesn't cross the line. But she left. And returned only when she realized that something wasn't right.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

I'd say, she'd have said different things if she were worried about Pride and she'd have stuck around to be sure he doesn't cross the line. But she left. And returned only when she realized that something wasn't right.

I was referring to the Hard Knock Life episode. When Pride called Tammy out for disobeying orders and doing what she wanted. It was also in that episode that Pride pointed out to Gregorio that he's the boss, so I honestly don't think Percy sticking around was going to force Pride to do anything. 

• Love 1

I want to shake the authors of this episode until they beg for mercy.  What a horrible side of LaSalle we are seeing.  Well, these guys in New Orleans mean more to me than my family and the brother I grew up with and the families that depend on our Family business for their livelyhood.   So what does LaSalle do?  He hightails it back to NOLA, where one cut back in goverment will leave him jobless.  None of his coworkers came home with him.  IF they thought of themselves as family, they would have been there with him; in the part of the south where I grew up because relationships are important.  

Maybe if this had been split into two episodes, the actors' characters would have grown, and hasty decisions would have shown enough reasons to make this less grating. 

35 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

I want to shake the authors of this episode until they beg for mercy.  What a horrible side of LaSalle we are seeing.  Well, these guys in New Orleans mean more to me than my family and the brother I grew up with and the families that depend on our Family business for their livelyhood.   So what does LaSalle do?  He hightails it back to NOLA, where one cut back in goverment will leave him jobless.  None of his coworkers came home with him.  IF they thought of themselves as family, they would have been there with him; in the part of the south where I grew up because relationships are important.  

I certainly see your point about Christopher's decisions, but I respectfully disagree with how you feel about his NCIS colleagues.

Despite how much they care about him and what they consider him, they are in positions where lives are on the line and time is of the essence. They all don't have the luxury of leaving with a killer on the loose. They have an duty to our military and to the city of New Orleans.  I understand wanting to support him, but the majority of the squad isn't in the position to leave during an active investigation. They are on thin ice with HQ as it is and they are already stretched with Christopher gone. 

Then again, I'm a guy from New England, so what do I know?

• Love 1

And here's me in the corner thinking about what a colossal asshole LaSalle's father is lol.

Seriously though, the man lies by omission by not tell his son he's sick (yet everyone else knows), went behind his back and made him executor knowing it was going to happen sooner rather than later, and ignored his son's wishes and dumped an entire company and the responsibility for it and the people involved into his lap without one word. Asshole.

And stepmommy didn't see fit to tell LaSalle about Cade relapsing, but she'll let Chris go visit him and tell him daddy's popped off. I can see why his father married her.

If I was LaSalle, I'd sell the company the first second I was able and get the hell back to NOLA.

• Love 5

The NCIS team investigates the murder of a petty officer who was in town to help a refugee family being recruited by terrorists. Also, Wade works on the special election campaign for Mayor Zahra Taylor that takes place during Mardi Gras.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DrScottie said:

with a killer on the loose

Having lived a decade in New Orleans, I can tell you that there's always a killer on the loose.  That it's only a four or five hour drive up to the flatter parts of Alabama.  

LaSalle should have been keeping contact enough with his family to know his brother's condition. 

9 hours ago, threebluestars said:

If I was LaSalle, I'd sell the company the first second I was able and get the hell back to NOLA.

But to get to the point of selling the company, LaSalle in a real world situation would have to be hands on for a while.  Who else could his Father have entrusted with those duties?  His Father knew LaSalle for at least twenty years and thought he knew his son's competence.  And his Father visited NOLA to communicate with his son, only his son wasn't listening.

What life does LaSalle really  have in NOLA?  Heck, what life do any of them have?  Pride at least has tentacles out into the community.  LaSalle almost had a son, but .....  

As a tenant of ours said "If you move to New Orleans and your life is not well grounded, your life will go to hell.  Sometimes, it will go to hell anyway." 

Gibbs always liked going "off the grid" or "old school". But his flip cell worked also. Pride liked it also. Laurels cute pink dial phone was cute. Probably as posted above the bar did have phone lines, just cordless. And after the refurbished bar is complete, no one had hooked up a cord to the plug in. So it is feasible that that would work.

I thought it seemed kind of easy for Sebastian to lead the team, give orders etc. Thought he would stumble trying. LaSalle would have been a better fit as Pride was away.  But the cosplay and his friend Adrien Cohen being in trouble, I could see him stepping up. I do think they make a good couple. I know how you thought a girl was "out of your league" in high school, and years later she tells you you weren't. Wonder how close she was to her partner Nate Carr?

Patton isn't so "in your face" as he used to be. I was surprised "the Jackel" stumped him, but he can't immediately solve all the problems. Vehicle wise didn't King have an 70's/80's Caddy or something before? Something they could drive to not be stopped by the computer being hacked? Also it seemed at end to easy to catch the Jackel, but that is the teams job.

Wow - Percy went all 16 year old schoolgirl crush at the end there...that was seriously uncomfortable to watch - especially since she seemed to be totally ok with moving on from Chris with Hottie McHotterson from "Monster."  Good God his father just f*cking died and now he is responsible for a company with employees and you are all huff-and-puff over the Lady Lawyer and the fact that he won't go out drinking.  FFS.

2 hours ago, enoughcats said:

But to get to the point of selling the company, LaSalle in a real world situation would have to be hands on for a while.  Who else could his Father have entrusted with those duties?  His Father knew LaSalle for at least twenty years and thought he knew his son's competence.  And his Father visited NOLA to communicate with his son, only his son wasn't listening.

I totally agree with this.  What were his options other than leaving the company to his somewhat responsible son?  It didn't sound like the company was big enough to have the writers write in a scapegoat CFO or Deputy take over for his father to help the plot.  It was up to LaSalle.  You would think he would have taken the time off (for a second there, I thought Chris was going to act like a grown up and tell Pride he was taking a LOA, but then I thought the writers would not make him that mature).

1 hour ago, Trey said:

wonder if they are setting up LaSalle to leave the show - otherwise, I don't see any point to this story line.

Well, considering he can just run the family business from the NCIS offices, I think they will end up having him say a throwaway line or two about how hard it is keeping up with everything from afar. Otherwise, you are totally right - there was NO point to that storyline.

Also, kudos for opening the bar on the night that it almost burned to the ground, Felix was released from the hospital, and daughter survived a kidnapping and attempted murder (looks like that smoke inhalation did not affect her singing voice).  I'm sure it was completely structurally sound - you know, it only burned in the back room and all. Ugh.

As an estate planning attorney I can tell you the worst thing someone can do is leave a business to someone who doesn't want to run it and hasn't been involved in it. It's a recipe for disaster. I'd have recommended to Dad that he pick an executor and direct them to hire a temporary manager until the business could be sold or liquidated. Course then there wouldn't be a story. I only watch this show sporadically but every time I do it ends with someone singing  in a bar. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, TheGreenWave said:

I totally agree with this.  What were his options other than leaving the company to his somewhat responsible son?  It didn't sound like the company was big enough to have the writers write in a scapegoat CFO or Deputy take over for his father to help the plot.  It was up to LaSalle.  You would think he would have taken the time off (for a second there, I thought Chris was going to act like a grown up and tell Pride he was taking a LOA, but then I thought the writers would not make him that mature).

There stepmom gave a number of employees - I can't remember what it was exactly, but there are over a hundred. There must be someone better qualified than a total outsider. Besides, it's not like his dad didn't have time to plan. I don't see why Chris is required to run the business.

• Love 1

Dad knew he was sick and Christopher didn't want the business. He should have sold it while he was alive. He visited Christopher  months ago. He had time to arrange a sale.   He was just manipulating Christopher from the grave. Christopher should appoint the lawyer as CEO and her her sell it. 

As to Christopher’s co- workers - they miss their own family events due to work. They don’t get bereavement time to drive a co-worker home 5 hours each way to plan the funeral. They don’t get paid time off to attend said funeral/ although they would possibly go if the case was solved by then. 

Should Christopher have come back to NO to work before the funeral? Well... just how much time off from work does a government worker get when a parent dies?  As a state employee, I get 3 days during the 7 days after the death. That’s it. We don’t know when the funeral would be- it might be more than 3 days after the death. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 3

In my federal job you can take off as much time as you need as long as you have the time built up and it gets approved.  No freebies in the federal gov't (unless your in congress; senate or house, those guys get away anytime they want). (yes, I am bitter)

Yeah, a pretty ho-hum episode.  I continue to be completely annoyed that they made Sebastian an agent.  

Edited by Linderhill
because you need to have the name in there

I guess since NCIS is so busy chasing the mayor that the Navy Master Of Arms are doing their job and running undercover narcotics investigations? The franchise must have had a massive budget cut to afford the screens in Los Angeles I just saw on the mothership in Afghanistan with only  one Humvee and on this episode where was the chain of command of a dead sailor if he was undercover and went missing on their case to help out.

15 hours ago, secnarf said:

There stepmom gave a number of employees - I can't remember what it was exactly, but there are over a hundred. There must be someone better qualified than a total outsider. Besides, it's not like his dad didn't have time to plan. I don't see why Chris is required to run the business.

I see your point, but if it is a family business, then my guess is that the father wanted to do anything possible to keep it in the family...selling a family business would just seem wrong.  At least, that's the vibe I was getting.  And, since he did want to keep it in the family, and unless there was a throwaway character of the long-time-family-friend-who-is-also-dad's-second-in-command, Chris seems like the only logical choice.

11 hours ago, Linderhill said:

In my federal job you can take off as much time as you need as long as you have the time built up and it gets approved.  No freebies in the federal gov't (unless your in congress; senate or house, those guys get away anytime they want). (yes, I am bitter)

Very true.  You can also get advanced time if your agency is willing to approve it.  I didn't see the reason why he had to come back, what? Later that day? The next day? Anyway....

• Love 1

Just because Dad wanted the family business to go to his son  doesn’t mean that he has the right to force it onto his son.   That’s turning his sons life upside down for a business he has made known he wants no part of.   It’s like telling your 35 year old son he’s got to live in his old bedroom and work the family farm because that’s what you prefer he does. 

• Love 4

Yup.  LaSalle should just hire the lawyer--who seems much more into the company legacy than Chris is--to run the company.  There's probably some legal reason why that can't happen, since she is the estate attorney, but it seems the best solution to me.   That LaSalle family really is a piece of work, eh?

I'm a little confused though.   In my home state of Washington, if a spouse dies, the estate automatically goes to the spouse, and a will is mostly unnecessary unless specific bequests are desired.  Maybe Alabama isn't a Community Property State? 

On another note, having been an alternate executor for my aunt's estate, and watching other folks go through the probate process, being an executor is hard work and takes a lot of commitment, and that's for a fairly simple estate.  A complicated one like LaSalle's father's estate?  Whoa, that is crazytown.

2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Just because Dad wanted the family business to go to his son  doesn’t mean that he has the right to force it onto his son.   That’s turning his sons life upside down for a business he has made known he wants no part of.   It’s like telling your 35 year old son he’s got to live in his old bedroom and work the family farm because that’s what you prefer he does. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the father's actions, I'm just pointing out that, because the writers set it up no other way (e.g., scapegoat friend or CFO), Chris seems to be the only logical person to take over the family business.  If he has no intention of running it at all (other than to refer to it as my previously mentioned throw away line), then this storyline was completely pointless. 

300 employees in a company is large enough to have someone other than Chris's dad, who could pick the employees out of a line-up (which surely Chris can't), and would be a much better pick to run the company than Chris. But what I'd probably do and what I expect Chris will do is hire some people in the company to run the company, while I continue living my life and graciously accepting whatever profits the company might turn.

Accurately picked up on involvement of Felix's daughter's squeeze from first moment he appeared on screen. I'll be here all night.

Show showed Pride unlocking a file cabinet to get his gun out at least twice during this ep which seemed odd and purposeful to me. Some tie-in to his whole "We do this on book" blather? (Just stick to COTW, y'all)

I got mixed feelings about the episode.

The things that I didn't like: how exactly did Sebastian pass the field agent test? Standing in full view in front of a window when you know someone's out to get you? And standing up after you've taken out two guys and just standing in a doorway and staring when you don't know if there might be a third or even fourth guy? Not to mention that maybe he should have disarmed them as he couldn't be sure that the guy he took out with the fire extinguisher was dead. And there is no way that Adrien would have hit the guy two times when she has never fired a gun before. Also, what happened to Sebastian's computer skills? He didn't even offer an idea when they were trying to figure out how to stop The Jackel. I thought he was pretty well-versed in that stuff, too. I also had a problem with giving Sebastian all the credit. Patton played a big role in it, too and he'd have been toast without LaSalle and Sonia.

And his barking orders at the very beginning annoyed me. I'm so glad they stopped but how arrogant do you have to be to think that you can just take over as the agent with the least experience because you know computer games? I'm okay if he's sort of considered the expert and consulted on more or less everything but when it comes to basic casework, it should the most senior agent who takes over. I bet if something were to happen, it would be he who'd have to answer to the higher ups. And Sebastian going into the elevator even though his back up wasn't there was just so classic stupid. Can they maybe send out a Hollywood wide order to stop with that? It's so ridiculous and always makes the agents look so stupid.

I also thought the purpose for setting up Adrien was obvious. Maybe the agents should all watch more TV so they have an easier time figuring stuff out? ;-)

That said, I really liked the relationship between Sebastian and Adrien, I thought they had great chemistry and I liked how they portrayed them and their shared history. I also hope Sebastian gets to keep her for a long while.

I'm also a fan of Eisler and Eisler and Pride working together, so I didn't mind his presence either and as much as the details above annoyed me, I thought that overall, the episode, the dynamics of the characters and the pace were pretty good.

• Love 1