Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Tonya and Nancy

On 9/10/2017 at 6:51 PM, dubbel zout said:

They did say the the other coder was trying to do two things at once, so I buy that he wasn't really getting either task done properly.

But at the big financing presentation Bos said that the coder guy figured out the search algorithm and figured out how to get their crawler to scan text on the pages. So did Cam figure out both of those or just the algorithm?

On 9/10/2017 at 1:32 PM, dubbel zout said:

I think it's more that Haley is insecure (she's 15, so that's not unusual), feels like a dork/nerd around her "cool" older sister, and is generally a less forceful personality than Joanie is (or has decided not to compete at home with Joanie). I don't think there's anything like blackmail between the sisters. Haley was crying in the car about skipping school, I think, and Gordon already knows about it. I think he told Donna about it at the dinner they had where he walked out in a huff.

I figured the first scene with the sisters was just typical confident older sister bossing around quiet younger sister which was probably the standard arrangement. Then after Haley won the contest she got a confidence boost and realized she was tired of Joanie's crap and stood up for herself.

On 9/13/2017 at 0:28 PM, scowl said:

Only Cameron could think you can fix a dripping faucet by pounding on it. It completely showed her advanced problem solving skills that have gotten her so far in life.

Also why was Bos working on a drain line if the problem was a leaky faucet? For that matter speaking of the trailer, did Cameron really not know to chock the tires so it wouldn't roll? It would be hilarious if there was some sort of post script thing and the end of the series and it says that the land Cam bought, based on Bay area real estate prices, made her far richer than any of her computer work.

Also total fail for the beer they were drinking not being Anchor Steam.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So did Cam figure out both of those or just the algorithm?

It seemed like Cam was able to figure out some sort of patch for the algorithm, since the coder was talking about writing code he only half understood. He could plug it in and write around it so everything worked, but he didn't really understand why. I think? I know nothing about this stuff.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Also why was Bos working on a drain line if the problem was a leaky faucet? For that matter speaking of the trailer, did Cameron really not know to chock the tires so it wouldn't roll? It would be hilarious if there was some sort of post script thing and the end of the series and it says that the land Cam bought, based on Bay area real estate prices, made her far richer than any of her computer work.

Also total fail for the beer they were drinking not being Anchor Steam.

I think the rain was washing away the blocks Cam put in place. There was some footing, just not anything one should keep using for months.

• Love 1

Am I the only one who thinks that the source of the blackmail could be that Hayley is gay?  Something about her interaction with the waitress in that scene in "Signal to Noise" when she skips class struck me as she might have a romantic interest.  I just tried to go on the AMC app to review that episode and make sure that I am not totally crazy, but it's mysteriously not available to stream.  Makes me think that there is a clue there.  

Actually, the way they've put the teaser together for tonight, there is some validity to that theory, except we know they put scenes in the teaser that are out of sync. Gordon says, ' I know exactly who my daughter is' and they cut to Joe who says, 'Are you sure about that'? I'm sure the scenes have nothing to with each other and it's about Comet, but who knows? I was shocked when they made Joe bi-sexual, then gay, then heterosexual, so it's possible. ;d

On 9/23/2017 at 9:59 AM, cinles said:

Actually, the way they've put the teaser together for tonight, there is some validity to that theory, except we know they put scenes in the teaser that are out of sync. Gordon says, ' I know exactly who my daughter is' and they cut to Joe who says, 'Are you sure about that'? I'm sure the scenes have nothing to with each other and it's about Comet, but who knows? I was shocked when they made Joe bi-sexual, then gay, then heterosexual, so it's possible. ;d

Joe was and still is bisexual. He has always been open about his attraction to both men and women. He's not heterosexual again just because he hooks up with Cam. 

Also, I've always felt Hayley was gay since the first scene in the diner, although I don't think she's being blackmailed over it.  I just think she's 15, shy, doesn't fit in, and having a tough time.

• Love 2