Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S06.E08: The Art of Deflection

As Reza and Adam find out if their swimmers are strong enough to produce a little Farahan of their own, MJ continues to question how Asa became pregnant; Mike pushes forward with his baby shoe venture; Asa screens the video she filmed in Israel.

3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I'm never going to understand why they are all so invested in each other's lives.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ For most of them, this is their main source of income or it is their biggest source of income. Even Asa, without the show, she wouldn't have her caftan/jewelry line, Reza/MJ would be back to selling RE, GG would be back to only living off her parents generosity and Mike would be living back home with his parents. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

MJ may be messy, but at least she's not full of shit, like Asa.  LOL at MJ for calling Asa out.  So is Asa a pop star or a visual artist, or just a faker?

Loved how they showed Asa in her talking heads, saying she never complains, and then showing her complaining over and over again, she's so full of shit.

Even before they showed the footage of Asa complaining, I thought "She complains all the time."

Asa's art has always been confused, terrible, and bullshit. I have no clue why they've humored her as long as they did. I'm not entirely surprised to see that Paris showed up to the "screening."

I'm not surprised to have it confirmed that GG has a hearing problem. I've always felt like she might have one.

Shervin should just come clean. No one believes him. What's her face has told multiple people the same story and no one believes that he's celibate when Annalise isn't there. He sees the woman once a month or once every 2 months. There was no reason to insult Tara's looks.

Asa is completely pretentious and full of lies, but MJ needs to focus on her own shit. Her condo is a disaster. Her father is really ill. The last thing she needs is to start focusing on nonsense about Asa not being candid about her pregnancy. This is just willingly giving away bandwidth that needs to be dedicated to her life. 

• Like 18

Wow.  My affection for Asa has plummeted like it's got a freakin' rock attached.  I always thought: "Lovable kook!"  But what's with this self-congratulatory bullshit -- all for doing something a polite 4th grader with a school project due might accomplish (getting 4 local religious leaders together for a photo op)?  And co-sign everyone who posted about the editors hating her.  "My friends need to support me!"/"Asa you look great!"...I hope Andy grills her about it on WWHL* tonight.

I get that MJ is stressed but I'm okay with Reza voicing his concerns.  Do we know why they haven't hired a maid?  Hell, I'd have regular help if I could afford it; maybe Reza could pay for a one-day cleaning, esp since he's the one razzing (reza-ing, ha) her.

*eta: Ugh, the WWHL is making Asa look worse.  Stiff-arming her friends, then griping that they aren't nice to her?  I just. Don't. Get it!

Edited by voiceover
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

Even before they showed the footage of Asa complaining, I thought "She complains all the time."

Asa's art has always been confused, terrible, and bullshit. I have no clue why they've humored her as long as they did. I'm not entirely surprised to see that Paris showed up to the "screening."

I'm not surprised to have it confirmed that GG has a hearing problem. I've always felt like she might have one.

Shervin should just come clean. No one believes him. What's her face has told multiple people the same story and no one believes that he's celibate when Annalise isn't there. He sees the woman once a month or once every 2 months. There was no reason to insult Tara's looks.

Asa is completely pretentious and full of lies, but MJ needs to focus on her own shit. Her condo is a disaster. Her father is really ill. The last thing she needs is to start focusing on nonsense about Asa not being candid about her pregnancy. This is just willingly giving away bandwidth that needs to be dedicated to her life. 

Asa's "I'm so above it all" act is old and tired. She's on wwhl trying to get that new Shah girl to agree that MJ is obsessed with her. Been over her since last season but I would be happy if they showed her the door her crafty/art projects can go with her.

mj is angry that while you pretended to be an "interested" party in her fertility journey you were already going through your own. MJ and Mike are calling you out because although you preach honesty and openness to them you yourself are a lying, secretive sack of shit!

While I'm already raging, I'm over her over the top I'm so spiritual bullshit too. She's a nasty piece of work. Priestess indeed!

• Like 15

2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I suspect that she is reacting as strongly as she is because of everything happening in her life, by that I mean her father. She started the apartment reno before he had the stroke and everything has been on hold since, it took over her life. She thinks if she has a baby, it will give him something to live for. 

48 minutes ago, voiceover said:

Wow.  My affection for Asa has plummeted like it's got a freakin' rock attached.  I always thought: "Lovable kook!"  But what's with this self-congratulatory bullshit -- all for doing something a polite 4th grader with a school project due might accomplish (getting 4 local religious leaders together for a photo op)?  And co-sign everyone who posted about the editors hating her.  "My friends need to support me!"/"Asa you look great!"...I hope Andy grills her about it on WWHL* tonight.

I get that MJ is stressed but I'm okay with Reza voicing his concerns.  Do we know why they haven't hired a maid?  Hell, I'd have regular help if I could afford it; maybe Reza could pay for a one-day cleaning, esp since he's the one razzing (reza-ing, ha) her.

*eta: Ugh, the WWHL is making Asa look worse.  Stiff-arming her friends, then griping that they aren't nice to her?  I just. Don't. Get it!

Asa has always been like this, she has always thought she was better than the others when in reality, she is as bad if not worse because she lies far more than even Reza does IMO. 

Did you catch that Destiny said she didn't know any of the Shahs before she joined the show. And, she was cutting Asa off left and right when Asa went off about the others. 

Asa needs to go!

• Like 11

Oh Shervin, your gorgeous self used to be one of my favorites. You seemed so above the b.s. Cheating is one thing, whatever, but attacking Tara's looks as part of your attempted cover-up is just low & classless and makes you look like a scumbag. Sigh.

• Like 20

21 minutes ago, bagger said:

Asa's "I'm so above it all" act is old and tired. She's on wwhl trying to get that new Shah girl to agree that MJ is obsessed with her. Been over her since last season but I would be happy if they showed her the door her crafty/art projects can go with her.

mj is angry that while you pretended to be an "interested" party in her fertility journey you were already going through your own. MJ and Mike are calling you out because although you preach honesty and openness to them you yourself are a lying, secretive sack of shit!

While I'm already raging, I'm over her over the top I'm so spiritual bullshit too. She's a nasty piece of work. Priestess indeed!

54 minutes ago, voiceover said:

Asa sucks tremendously, but MJ should say her piece and never let another thought of Asa darken her mind, life, or doorstep. The last thing MJ needs is fake friends in her life right now. As much as MJ wants to provide her father with a grandchild, Shams would also like to see MJ walk down the aisle. He would love to know that MJ is living in a wonderful home with a man who loves her. More than anything, he just wants to know that the people cares about are happy. Every bit of energy that MJ spends on Asa is energy wasted.

Asa has always been pretentious and unbelievably self-centered. She's never unequivocally had anyone else's back. I find it funny how everyone is suddenly surprised by how shady Asa is and has always been.

• Like 11

I was looking at Reza and Adam when they were getting the results of their semen testing. Thinking, ok, after they find a donor egg, who's sperm are they going to choose?  Sadly Adam has some misshapen sperm (at this time...he wore underwear don't ya know) so medically I'm sure that the MD would suggest that they use Reza's. Personally I don't think that would be bad if they conceived a boy. With his strong facial bone structure, I just don't think it would be as becoming on a baby girl. She would, however, be likely to emerge with a full head of dark lux hair. However it plays out I'm confident that their child will want for nothing. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Asa has always been pretentious and unbelievably self-centered. She's never unequivocally had anyone else's back. I find it funny how everyone is suddenly surprised by how shady Asa is and has always been.

She became worst tbh.

yes, she was always delusional and fake as fuck but the fact that she has zero compassion for what MJ is going thru 

pisses me off.

And MJ is right, they all have been supporting her and all of her pursuits.

IMHO, Asa is upset to have her "miracle" baby in her circumstances. For all her bravado, she is just as conservative as the rest and is po that Germaine did not at least offer to make her MRs Jackson.

What a moron.

On Wwhl, she says that she was hurt that Reza let MJ knows what her deal was, is she referring to the same Reza I have been watching for 5 years?

Meh, if she were to leave, it could not be too soon.

I would love for Bravo to bring back the skinny chick with tons of fake hair and lashes. She is more palatable, Imo.

What is up with GG's sister? their poor parents!

Reza might be an azz, but he would be a great parent, Imo. As far as Adam being disappointed with his low performing sperms, I wonder why it is so important for him to have a bio kid. 

• Like 2

Why do these people think they are friends?  I get whiplash from all the talking behind each other’s backs and general negativity that they show for each other.  By no means do I think Asa is a saint and readily admit that she is a self-centered fake woman but MJ is scum of the earth and disgusting.  MJ is unhappy and mentally unhealthy.  She will probably blame it on her father’s health but the truth is that she was like this before he took a turn. 

Why does it concern any of them that she wants to keep some items of her personal life personal? Yes they are all on a reality show but I don’t think you have to sell your soul to do so.  They all comment on how they “put it all out there” and Asa should do the same.  Well they don’t need to “put it all out there” and that is their choice. Just because their threshold for wanting fame at any cost is so low that they will resort to anal bleaching,  gyno exams and any host of other things that shouldn’t be on tv just shows to me, that with all Asa’s faults she at least has a line she is not willing to cross.  

I’m also curious as to what their end game is for being on the show.  We all know that these reality show is breeding ground for people’s business or rise to be a reality tv celeb but what is MJ’s?  Asa has her many “businesses” to promote which helps by being on the show.  Mike as well.  Shervin, I think, is pretty wealthy so it’s not like he needs the money.  I think he is on the show to raise his bachelor profile.  Rez is trying to go the route of reality tv personality that he can segue into other opportunities.  GG even has a couple of business that she focuses on every now and then. But what about MJ, what’s her endgame for being on the show?  

Edited by NYCNJbear06
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

I would love for Bravo to bring back the skinny chick with tons of fake hair and lashes. She is more palatable, Imo.

I don't think Lily would ever come back. They were awful to her. Completely and totally awful. She's married now. I don't think she'd have anything to do with them agaiin.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/lilly-ghalichi-wedding-photos

1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

What is up with GG's sister? their poor parents!

I suspect it's a combo of things. Since the show started, Leila seems to have quit practicing law and started being a Z-list celebrity. The other issue is that GG outed that Leila slept with Mike the day he proposed to Jessica. Leila's marriage was already a mess by then, but I'm sure she didn't appreciate putting it out in the universe. Leila's husband was also cheating and would bring his girlfriend over when he'd be home with the kids.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Why do these people think they are friends?  I get whiplash from all the talking behind each other’s backs and general negativity that they show for each other.  By no means do I think Asa is a saint and readily admit that she is a self-centered fake woman but MJ is scum of the earth and disgusting.  MJ is unhappy and mentally unhealthy.  She will probably blame it on her father’s health but the truth is that she was like this before he took a turn. 

Why does it concern any of them that she wants to keep some items of her personal life personal? Yes they are all on a reality show but I don’t think you have to sell your soul to do so.  They all comment on how they “put it all out there” and Asa should do the same.  Well they don’t need to “put it all out there” and that is their choice. Just because their threshold for wanting fame at any cost is so low that they will resort to anal bleaching,  gyno exams and any host of other things that shouldn’t be on tv just shows to me, that with all Asa’s faults she at least has a line she is not willing to cross.  

I’m also curious as to what their end game is for being on the show.  We all know that these reality show is breeding ground for people’s business or rise to be a reality tv celeb but what is MJ’s?  Asa has her many “businesses” to promote which helps by being on the show.  Mike as well.  Shervin, I think, is pretty wealthy so it’s not like he needs the money.  I think he is on the show to raise his bachelor profile.  Rez is trying to go the route of reality tv personality that he can segue into other opportunities.  GG even has a couple of business that she focuses on every now and then. But what about MJ, what’s her endgame for being on the show?  

Sorry, but Asa and her I am better than my co workers gets tired. 

Think about it. Asa is that chick that collect a full time check while working on a part time basis at best.

Yes, I agree that we don't need to watch endless vaginal rejuvenations and the likes however, being truthful about her fertility issues would have been better for all involved including the viewing audiences.

this is a topic that most women in that age group can relate to and would appreciate to see on their screens, imo.

MJ imo has a problem with alcohol and is profoundly unhappy nevertheless, I despise Asa for her treatment of MJ. 

It was cruel and petty. It is obvious that MJ adores her father and is going thru a very, very difficult period in her life.

As far as MJ's businesses, she is heavily invested and involved in real estate. She mentioned on WWHL that she owns many condo/rental properties. Yes, it is not glamorous but it is a hell of a lot smarter than diamond water, imo.

I get that Asa's partner does not want to appear on the show, it is his choice but Asa is on and imo, it would be nice to get to know the "real" her.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was looking at Reza and Adam when they were getting the results of their semen testing.

I was too, for the 2 seconds it took to grab the remote and FF. I can't stand either one of them.

3 hours ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

but MJ  Asa is scum of the earth and disgusting.

There, fixed it for you.  

Here's the thing.  I think MJ's issue is that she thought she and Asa were real friends.  Asa asked MJ about IVF, but when Asa got pregnant, she pretended that it just "happened naturally."  I guess Asa felt that her spirituality caused her pregnancy to happen.  Asa is scum because she gaslights people.  While she met with religious leaders, she had her "friends" go out into the street and interview random people; then when they had bad experiences, she accused them of not being "open."  No Asa, there's a difference between interviewing religious leaders and getting them to pose for a photo op, and interviewing random people in the street, some of whom probably didn't like the idea of cameras in their faces.  

• Like 21

6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I was looking at Reza and Adam when they were getting the results of their semen testing. Thinking, ok, after they find a donor egg, who's sperm are they going to choose?  Sadly Adam has some misshapen sperm (at this time...he wore underwear don't ya know) so medically I'm sure that the MD would suggest that they use Reza's. Personally I don't think that would be bad if they conceived a boy. With his strong facial bone structure, I just don't think it would be as becoming on a baby girl. She would, however, be likely to emerge with a full head of dark lux hair. However it plays out I'm confident that their child will want for nothing. 

Adam's plan is that their surrogate has "twins", 1 from Reza and 1 from Adam. 

4 hours ago, NYCNJbear06 said:

Asa is the one that called out MJ and Mike at the last reunion for not being "honest" and not showing their "real lives", so she has no one to blame, except herself, for them calling her out for being the most secretive of them all. Asa is not some special snowflake that needs to be treated with kid gloves, pregnant or not. Without this show, there would be no Asa caftans/jewelry line and as soon as she is off the show, both lines will disappear, MJ wisely invested her money in real estate and that will bring her steady income long after this show cancelled. 

5 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

There, fixed it for you.  

Here's the thing.  I think MJ's issue is that she thought she and Asa were real friends.  Asa asked MJ about IVF, but when Asa got pregnant, she pretended that it just "happened naturally."  I guess Asa felt that her spirituality caused her pregnancy to happen.  Asa is scum because she gaslights people.  While she met with religious leaders, she had her "friends" go out into the street and interview random people; then when they had bad experiences, she accused them of not being "open."  No Asa, there's a difference between interviewing religious leaders and getting them to pose for a photo op, and interviewing random people in the street, some of whom probably didn't like the idea of cameras in their faces.  

I agree and would add that Asa didn't bother to invite her friends to that meeting and then sends them out to stick a camera in their faces in a neighborhood she knew nothing about.....nothing! Talk about setting your friends up to look bad on camera!

• Like 8

Is there a market for the type of Art that Asa is doing?

Her muumuu are really pretty and it is nice to see her develop a family business.

Sorry but all of her psycho babbles ring false to me. She can't be serious about that priestess persona.

She has the prettiest head of hair. So lush and thick. Lucky woman.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, voiceover said:

She was horrible on WWHL..

i too have always been fond of Asa...but this season? Nope. No bueno..

did you happen to notice..(while AC was talking..the show was going on...) she was looking at herself on the monitor...and said "damn..my hair is long..."

who does that???!!!?

im so disappointed...Asa...so narcissistic...

• Like 6

I really don't want to hear any of these selfish gits talk about how much they want to be parents. Asa, who has morphed for me from a harmless hipster doofus to something much more malevolent, is the only one I would trust a baby to and that has more to do with her strong family support than herself. GG, Mike, Reza, or MJ with a baby, an actual human being whose needs supersede theirs?! No way. If this is going to be the running theme all season, I'm out. Million Dollar Listing and Flipping Out have the whole baby angle amply covered this season. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Is there a market for the type of Art that Asa is doing?

Yes. Her film could have been entered into a film festival. Netflix carries documentaries. IFC, Sundance, and PBS will sometimes show them. SnagFilms and Curiosity Stream carries documentaries too. Her photographs could be shown in a gallery. Marina Abramovic is one of the most famous performance artists in the world. She's had gallery shows. The biggest problem with Asa's art isn't that there is no market for it. The problem is that her art is terrible.

There are lots of people who are quite successful and work across multiple mediums like Mariko Mori. There are others like Liza Lou and  Raúl de Nieves who do big hyper colored slightly surreal works. Someone who I'm blanking on did this fantastic thoughtful toile wallpaper that was just slavery scenes. It might have been Kara Walker. Kehinde Willey paints Black people in the style of the old masters. Shirin Neshat is an Iranian feminist artist who works in photography and film. She's known for her calligraphy work where she puts Persian poetry and Arabic text usually on women in burkas.

11 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Her muumuu are really pretty and it is nice to see her develop a family business.

Sorry but all of her psycho babbles ring false to me. She can't be serious about that priestess persona.

She has the prettiest head of hair. So lush and thick. Lucky woman.

Her kaftans are quite nice and they have developed into a decent business for her. The rest of the Asa-ness is completely insufferable.

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Juneau Gal said:

I really don't want to hear any of these selfish gits talk about how much they want to be parents. Asa, who has morphed for me from a harmless hipster doofus to something much more malevolent, is the only one I would trust a baby to and that has more to do with her strong family support than herself. GG, Mike, Reza, or MJ with a baby, an actual human being whose needs supersede theirs?! No way. If this is going to be the running theme all season, I'm out. Million Dollar Listing and Flipping Out have the whole baby angle amply covered this season. 

Jeff managed to have me bawling like a toddler. That birth story is one of the best thing ever aired on Bravo, imo.

i don't think that Asa is able to show her baby. She mentioned that she would like to show her baby on insta.

Her relationship with Jermaine junior is plenty odd, imo.

Her mama can watch my non existent baby at anytime. She is a sweatie and her bicolor hair was one of the highlight of the show last night.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think MJ ever thought they were real friends. They've always had this oppositional dynamic because Reza loves to pit them against each other. I think she thought that Asa wouldn't lie about real stuff. Asa keeps Jermaine off the show because he doesn't want to be on tv. She has never denied dating him if someone asked her. However, this is lying about real stuff and mostly for no good reason.

• Like 4

I had to turn off WWHL because Asa was so smug and nasty.  She thinks she is so much better than MJ, not spiritual at all.  What if one of HER parents had a stroke?  What if Jermaine left her for a younger woman and wanted to take their son?  What if their son grows up and either falls in love with someone like MJ or becomes someone like MJ?  Asa needs to realize that Karma is Karma, and she's not immune to bad things happening.  LOL at the WWHL viewers who sided with MJ while Asa was on the show.  No one believes this chick is sincere.

Right now, all Asa is, is lucky.  She had a baby, she doesn't have a nasty mother like MJ.  That's not because of anything she did, that's luck.  And I can't stand people who don't realize that.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Like 10

54 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

What if their son grows up and either falls in love with someone like MJ or becomes someone like MJ?

For some reason I read MJ as standing for Michael Jackson!

• Like 1

If I were Asa and dealing with Jacksons, I would get a hand written will as to who takes of baby if anything happens to Asa.  Then again I wouldn't trust anyone from the Jackson family. 

Despite MJ having terrible fashion sense, she does seem real. I feel her pain in regards to her father. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, tardistravler said:

If I were Asa and dealing with Jacksons, I would get a hand written will as to who takes of baby if anything happens to Asa.  Then again I wouldn't trust anyone from the Jackson family. 

Even if it may not be binding, Asa needs to get her shit witnessed and notarized by disinterested parties. Those Jacksons are crazy. This kid is going to be 4th generation in their dysfunction. Also, she needs to amend her will and put her parents in charge of any money that might go to her kid. Ideally, she'd create a trust and make her kid a beneficiary of the trust.

• Like 1

Eating crow here. While I've been defending Asa's right to not disclose how she got pregnant to the gang. I now completely understand why MJ is upset. If Asa, wants her life to be private, that's fine but she doesn't have to ask MJ about her fertility journey. She should have just kept quiet.

That said, Asa and MJ are both pretty cruel to each other. MJ's is just more obvious. I think Asa using MJ's doctor and not telling her was rather mean spirited.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Miss Slay said:

Eating crow here. While I've been defending Asa's right to not disclose how she got pregnant to the gang. I now completely understand why MJ is upset. If Asa, wants her life to be private, that's fine but she doesn't have to ask MJ about her fertility journey. She should have just kept quiet.

That said, Asa and MJ are both pretty cruel to each other. MJ's is just more obvious. I think Asa using MJ's doctor and not telling her was rather mean spirited.

MJ is more honest about her feelings whereas Asa is slick/sly about hers. 

• Like 2

On 9/11/2017 at 4:15 PM, Neurochick said:

I had to turn off WWHL because Asa was so smug and nasty.  She thinks she is so much better than MJ, not spiritual at all.  What if one of HER parents had a stroke?  What if Jermaine left her for a younger woman and wanted to take their son?  What if their son grows up and either falls in love with someone like MJ or becomes someone like MJ?  Asa needs to realize that Karma is Karma, and she's not immune to bad things happening.  LOL at the WWHL viewers who sided with MJ while Asa was on the show.  No one believes this chick is sincere.

Right now, all Asa is, is lucky.  She had a baby, she doesn't have a nasty mother like MJ.  That's not because of anything she did, that's luck.  And I can't stand people who don't realize that.

EXACTLY!!!

Asa is the perfect example of the person who "woke up on third base...and thinks they hit a triple"...

good fam...boyfriend with a known name...(more than just a known name..really...).

she will do whatever to keep Jermaine...(marriage or not/mistresses or not/cohabitation or not/etc) because that is her one and only shred of true relevance. All the other BS she throws out there is bogus and feeding her ever-so-high opinion of herself...

kinda like ppl related to the Kennedys...they're also a household  "name" that give the attached (blood/marriage) person credence (weird but true)...validation by association..

so redic!!!

eventually the person's true self shows...

Asa=poseur!

priestess...my ass...

Edited by Shellbell59
  • Like 6

On 9/11/2017 at 7:53 AM, NYCNJbear06 said:

MJ has zero endgame...and NO business bringing a child into the world...

how is she going to keep a "newborn's schedule" if she can't even think beyond what outfit she is going to wear (arrange her ginormous teets) next time she leaves that FILTHY apartment!

mygawd woman! Get.your.shit.together....BEFORE you bring a child into your scummy/germy/dirty underwear ridden domicile...ugh...dog licking? How gross was that?...imagine a newborn in those conditions?

as I've posted...I've turned a 180 on my opinion of Asa (poseur)...but MJ could be worse..."Asa got preggers because I was supposed to have a baby"... horrible 

MJ is yelly of Asa...but too dumb to sit back and let Asa self-combust...IMESHO :-D

• Like 6

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:27 AM, Miss Slay said:

I've always felt like MJ's problem is that she can't keep her mouth shut.  She will tattle everyone's secrets and think nothing of it or the damage it will cause.   She's sloppy in all ways and that includes in friendships.  I don't believe it is intentional most of the time which is why she doesn't understand why people think she is a bad friend.  That said, I do think her and Asa have never really been true friends.  MJ has always taken it poorly that Asa and Reza got as close as they did and I don't think MJ has ever dealt well with it.  I feel like her and Asa have always had an unstated competition between them when it comes to Reza.  They've both taken cheap shots at each other and then played nice.  No one is innocent in their "friendship."  

Having said all that, I am aghast at Asa and her treatment of MJ on the fertility issue.  It is beyond cruel to ask a person going through fertility issues a bunch of personal questions all the while pretending that you have no idea.  It is an intensely personal and, in some ways, traumatic experience.  For Asa to pretend that this whole thing is new to her while not only going through it but also using MJ's doctor and then brushing off MJ's hurt because you were just asking so you knew MJ's personal feelings is awful.  I don't even have words for what an awful person I find Asa to be now.  No matter what MJ has done or will do gives Asa the greenlight to do what she did.  If she didn't trust or like MJ then she should've stayed out of MJ's personal business.  None of Asa's excuses make any sense and her attitude on WWHL was the worst part of it for me.  She still doesn't see anything wrong with what she did.  Her haughty attitude about being more spiritual just epitomized how delusional she really is.  Asa pleading the fifth on whether she would come back next season left me wanting to tell her one thing...."Girl, bye."  

• Like 12

Well, that whole thing about whether Sherv did or didn't do the married chick sure did fizzle. I hope it stays that way. 

MJ lashing out at Tommy at Asa's party was uncomfortable. Tommy, when she says to leave her alone, she means it!

If GG really does have RA and this hearing problem, it makes me sad for her. She said she was made fun of in school with the hearing aids so she just took them out and said fuck it.  Looks like her sister is back next week and the fighting begins again. Her sister is very beautiful but damn what a bitch....

I just don't see the whole Reza and Adam baby thing. Reza is very social and likes to go out alot. He knows his life will never be the same. I'm not sure he's really sold on the idea. Adam continues to bug me this season and I still don't know exactly why.

Edited by bichonblitz

KittyKat133, welcome!  I wish you could talk to a woman I work with who has been a TOTAL PREGGERS GODDESS.  She's about to go on maternity leave (thank you Jesus!) and I have NEVER heard soo much personal, inappropriate info in my life!  There are days that I would slit my wrists with a butter knife than listen to the jabber but thankfully, I've managed to keep my mouth shut. Only 4 more friggng days! Whoop!

Back to Shahs stuff, I cannot imagine MJ having a baby! What with her own mommy issues, her yuk apartment and her doggie lip issues. No. Just NO.

Edited by goofygirl · Reason: Again with the typing while laying down!
  • Like 3

Warning: unpopular opinion.

While I detest every single person on this show, I probably detest Asa the least (maybe Shervin).  MJ has been horrible to her throughout the years; how about a private conversation to share your feelings instead of bashing her in a group setting or at an important event?  Why should Asa share anything with a person she does not trust?  As far as Asa asking MJ a million questions about freezing eggs, maybe it was for the cameras, or maybe she was trying to be there for her and give her a chance to talk about it and ask questions to show she was engaged.

I do not care whether her baby was naturally conceived or from IVF.  While I can't relate personally, some friends have experienced infertility, and each copes differently.  Some are an open book; others keep it to themselves, and I know not to ask.  Either way, the emotions are intense and not always best shared on national television and/or with one's Bravo-curated group of friends.  

In general, I always get the feeling that every storyline on this show is scripted, by the cast themselves, so that there is a reason for a show.  (Clearly, this season's theme was babies.)

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, TVGlow said:

Warning: unpopular opinion.

While I detest every single person on this show, I probably detest Asa the least (maybe Shervin).  MJ has been horrible to her throughout the years; how about a private conversation to share your feelings instead of bashing her in a group setting or at an important event?  Why should Asa share anything with a person she does not trust?  As far as Asa asking MJ a million questions about freezing eggs, maybe it was for the cameras, or maybe she was trying to be there for her and give her a chance to talk about it and ask questions to show she was engaged.

I do not care whether her baby was naturally conceived or from IVF.  While I can't relate personally, some friends have experienced infertility, and each copes differently.  Some are an open book; others keep it to themselves, and I know not to ask.  Either way, the emotions are intense and not always best shared on national television and/or with one's Bravo-curated group of friends.  

In general, I always get the feeling that every storyline on this show is scripted, by the cast themselves, so that there is a reason for a show.  (Clearly, this season's theme was babies.)

Then why would Asa feel the need to quiz MJ about her experience with egg retrieval/freezing if she doesn't like/trust MJ? She does it to give MJ the false impression that she cares about her to gather info to use against her in the future. MJ is open about her feelings, whereas Asa is hides hers! MJ is a rattle snake, you know she is there about to strike if you get too close, while Asa is the cobra, she quietly slithers up, blinds you, then kills you with her bite. LOL

As for the IVF debate, Asa, herself, made that a question because of her ever changing stories. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

MJ is a rattle snake, you know she is there about to strike if you get too close, while Asa is the cobra, she quietly slithers up, blinds you, then kills you with her bite. LOL

I can agree they are both snakes!  I do not recall Asa being deliberately malicious to one of her fellow cast members (but my memory is terrible) and give Asa the benefit of the doubt over the others in this case.

1 hour ago, TVGlow said:

I can agree they are both snakes!  I do not recall Asa being deliberately malicious to one of her fellow cast members (but my memory is terrible) and give Asa the benefit of the doubt over the others in this case.

Last season when Asa watched GG get chemo for her RA, not only did Asa not support her friend when GG's mom got upset at her during the treatment but then Asa also never stopped Reza calling GG a liar/faker about her RA/chemo either. Then, Asa didn't call Reza out for that nasty trick he pulled on GG/them with those letters, she stood by Reza the whole time, including when he again call GG a liar about getting chemo for her RA and she didn't stop him attacking GG at the reunion. Last season proved to me what I have suspected since the show began years ago, that Asa is worse that MJ, GG, Mike, Sherv and is on par with nasty, bitter Reza.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, announcergirl said:

Now why did the lady tell people she was sleeping with Shervin? Did she think she could tie him down?

Maybe she let it slip to one person and then Shervin started calling her ugly and not his type so she went scorched Earth on Shervin. He appears to confess in episode 10.

23 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Last season when Asa watched GG get chemo for her RA, not only did Asa not support her friend when GG's mom got upset at her during the treatment but then Asa also never stopped Reza calling GG a liar/faker about her RA/chemo either. Then, Asa didn't call Reza out for that nasty trick he pulled on GG/them with those letters, she stood by Reza the whole time, including when he again call GG a liar about getting chemo for her RA and she didn't stop him attacking GG at the reunion. Last season proved to me what I have suspected since the show began years ago, that Asa is worse that MJ, GG, Mike, Sherv and is on par with nasty, bitter Reza.

It's been many seasons ago but I thought Asa took part in that whole debacle when Reza decided to turn on MJ. I think they were all on vacation at the time and started going through all MJ's personal stuff.  

• Like 1