Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Getting the Look

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I love Brianna and think she's an excellent dancer and gorgeous girl. I see what the judges saw in her.

About Alexandria, my cc showed Judy saying "I just don't really like her." But it didn't make any sense in context. Why wouldn't they love her? I thought they just brought her in because she was the Patriots cheerleader and it gives them a story. I can't imagine them cutting her.

also, just FYI I reported a couple of posts for  a spoiler I didn't know about. Don't like to report things and not be upfront.  I know everyone tries to be careful but there are people like me who aren't spoiled. I forgot the show was on until I heard about the football game being cancelled.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, rose711 said:

About Alexandria, my cc showed Judy saying "I just don't really like her." But it didn't make any sense in context.

I think the CC person messed up because I listened to it three times, saying both options along side Judy and it sure sounds and feels like she says "I still really like her" to which Kelly nods in agreement. Kelly's reaction would be odd if Judy said she didn't like Alexandria. CC is someone listening and typing what they hear so it isn't always accurate. Their facial expressions and reactions don't make any sense if she said she didn't like Alex. Of course I like Alex so I'm hoping they do too. She's one of my favorites this year. 

It's hard to tell because they are shaking their heads. But we haven't seen anything negative about her. I agree with you. 

I have seen other cc mistakes but this one the audio is hard to hear as well.

Edited by rose711
  • Love 1

I think the head shake could be that kind of "we are disappointed we had to bring her in here tonight because we still like her. I hope she gets her shit together" which does seem a bit excessive given the only critique we heard was her hair was in her face and she looked too intense. That really was a confusing scene all around. I think if they didn't like her she'd have been cut this week. Unless Kelly likes her and Judy doesn't, but then Kelly's reaction wouldn't make any sense in that scenario. Kelly agreed with whatever Judy said. And I've officially given this one scene more thought than I did my job all week. lol I've got my priorities right. 

• Love 1

Mr. Angeltoes watched this with me for his first time.  He thinks Kelli is a bitch and he doesn't understand all the butt-kissing the women do with her.  He thought Jordan looked like someone's younger brother that had just gotten out of rehab and hadn't seen any women in a long time.  He cringed every time at the jump split.  Then he wanted to know when was the next episode.

• Love 16

I totally got sucked into this show years ago in part because of K & J's kinda bitchy snark! Love that Mr Angeltoes is getting sucked in in spite of himself! Now I see their critiques more as unvarnished criticism, but I've become immune to the harshness--probably because it's never been directed at me.

I think Jordan just has unfortunate under eye circles, but he's man enough to own them and doesn't use concealer like I do. I think the girls understood him perfectly. Choreographers use all kinds of strange terms and sounds that don't make sense to non-dancers. Each dance teacher develops his/her own lingo to build off shared dance terms like pirouette and tendu. They actually can help you visualize the movement and get a sense of the feeling with the music, like when he was talking about the bass sound and how the arm movement needs to fit the sound of the music. But I totally get how it might sound like nonsense. 

I was surprised yet unsympathetic that Erin was surprised to get called into the office again. If she felt like she was getting it, she needs more body awareness and to film herself doing DCC choreography. I feel mean that I don't care if she comes back. Usually I like to see ladies reaudition when K & J encourage them to return. But Erin, not so much. 

• Love 1

If Brianna makes it, I'm going to be so mad!  She didn't even get called in?!   Unbelievable.  She's made a tiny bit of progress, but come on.  She doesn't have what it takes this year- emotionally or dance-wise.  

Erin had a BFA?  Did they feature Erin?  If they did, I don't remember.  I'm sure girls like Erin and Brianna are great at what they do, but give me a Kalyssa any day.  That is what this is about!

Kitty's moves were straight up stripper moves lol.  Enjoyed the segment though.  

Lots of dark haired blue eyed beauties now.  Wonder if Kelsey inspired them?

Air Mattress Madeline can be the next to go for my benefit.  I wonder how dumb she feels for exploiting the air mattress story in the wake of Hurricane Harvey?  

I like little Savannah and I'm glad they didn't make her dark red.  Hope she makes it!

Love Alexandria and if she doesn't make it I'm going to be really mad.  There was no reason to call her into the office, especially when *ahem* other people didn't get called in who should have been there.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Finally Briana showed some life but still dull. 

Want more dancing! 

Kelsey's wink was everything. I want more vets. Miss last year just because she was a hot mess but fun to watch. 

I agree about giving more screen time to the vets, especially those we barely hear from or see.  It was enjoyable to see Selina, Stephanie, and Tasha, now show us Amy L., Chantel, Jessika, Khalyn, Milan, Robin, or Tess.  

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, ReneeK said:

Completely agree.  It's like a giant brand new airport.  Probably freezing cold and with harsh lighting.

I miss Valley Ranch. It was a real, lived-in building, and you could tell there was a lot of dancing and practicing going on in that studio all day. 

The Star just looks like Corporate HQ, or a film set. Not the kind of place that inspires girls to come in and practice before class. I bet they have found a studio closer to where they all live to practice...since I'm hearing the drive to Frisco is kind of a bitch.

• Love 9
On 9/1/2017 at 8:19 AM, tinabee1967 said:

The kick line I thought went really well for a group of rookies, but Brianna sucked. Still. She just acts so non chalant, it kills me. She needs an electric cattle prod to the hoohah.

Judy's eyes do that scary, cat eyed squint of judgment. That squint is NOT a good thing. And when Kelli throws her hair to one side and sort of looks down her nose and then at her notes? Somebody is going home. Cue more tornado siren music. The question is.....who is next on the chopping block? 

Electric cattle prod to the hoohah made me LOL. ?

Youre right about Judy's scary judgy cat-eyes.  Kelli can do this too, but Judy's are especially scary

• Love 1
On 8/31/2017 at 9:48 PM, beachespeaches said:

This was bothering me. It's CMT for crying out loud, they couldn't update the playlist?

CMT is owned by Paramount who have MTV and VH-1 (is that channel even on the air any longer? No clue) so they do have a crazy catalogue of music at their disposal. I could be wrong about Paramount but I know whoever owns CMT also has the other music channels.

10 hours ago, PBSLover said:

CMT is owned by Paramount who have MTV and VH-1 (is that channel even on the air any longer? No clue) so they do have a crazy catalogue of music at their disposal. I could be wrong about Paramount but I know whoever owns CMT also has the other music channels.

Each episode of each show still has to pay the artist rights/royalties. It's not just a free for all over all the songs ever played on MTV. 

• Love 3

It just kills me how they choose some really CRAP music, though. I would much rather hear the country instrumental fill ins instead of :Meet Me In Vegas" (UGH!!!) or any of the other boy band type songs that have indecipherable lyrics.

3 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 1

No matter if you are CMT or the Cowboys, all have to pay rights for the music whether it is during the show or played during a Cowboys football game.  Why would CMT want to do it for all the different songs as it would cut into their bottom line? 

• Love 1

RE: the jump split - I asked in the other thread.  DCC started doing the skill 1989.  First to show group, then to the whole squad. The question was asked & answered in 2016.

Edited by sATL
18 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

I miss Valley Ranch. It was a real, lived-in building, and you could tell there was a lot of dancing and practicing going on in that studio all day. 

The Star just looks like Corporate HQ, or a film set. Not the kind of place that inspires girls to come in and practice before class. I bet they have found a studio closer to where they all live to practice...since I'm hearing the drive to Frisco is kind of a bitch.

Very much this. Valley Ranch seemed like a "home" and the Star doesn't.

• Love 8

If I were Kelli and Judy and I thought Brianna has potential, I would want to keep her at TC for as long as possible even if I had no intention of putting her on the team just yet. There is no better experience than spending the summer dancing with the veterans. Look at how Madeline improved after TC. Maybe that's their game plan.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Law Mom said:

If I were Kelli and Judy and I thought Brianna has potential, I would want to keep her at TC for as long as possible even if I had no intention of putting her on the team just yet. There is no better experience than spending the summer dancing with the veterans. Look at how Madeline improved after TC. Maybe that's their game plan.

I think that is exactly what they are doing. I think she will stay as long as they don't have to cut someone who they really believe could make it. Right now they are cutting girls who weren't going to make it all the way so they can afford to keep her around but once it gets down to the hard choices, they will have to let her go but for now I think they are preemptively grooming her for next year or possibly the year after. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Law Mom said:

Like they did with 5-time-tryout Amy-from Rockford, IL  last year ? Another heartbreaking, "tonight is your last night" scene, set to music ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

I watched it again today. Selina must have had weight issues during her rookie year. I wonder why some vets (Selina, Stephanie) make it back to TC and then get called in for weight while others (Allie) don't. 

• Love 2

imageproxy.php?img=&key=32bc34fe46752225From other posters, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the guest choreographers. It's uninteresting and painful to watch. Also, I don't care much for Kitty's style of teaching, but I enjoyed her segment. I like watching the TCC work on their dancing and technique with hands on teaching. It's more productive than the alumni sitting there.

This screen shot is from their FB extra make over scene. Who is she? She's so pretty. I thought she was Kelsey at first.

IMG_1128.PNG

Edited by TobyBelle
Thought the picture didn't load

Alexandria still needs a makeover.  Her hair is very flat and the color is off.  Madeline looks like a little girl and not much changed.  Then there is Brianna who is so tough to watch.  She has no spark and seems like a little girl.  Did they change anything.   Cutting Briana's hair may have helped her look a little bit older. 

The announcing of the group leaders and covering up Erica was one just seems weird.  

I would like to see the vets dance more.  I am not a fan of Milan or Tasha or Yuko. I would like to see how they are doing.

Miranda and the jump split does seem like years past a rookie is scared of it and make up excuses to get out of it.  (Vivian)

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Alexandria still needs a makeover.  Her hair is very flat and the color is off.

I was hoping they would give her a rich chocolate brown personally. I just think the blonde makes her look common. 

35 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I would like to see the vets dance more.

Me too. They were doing one of the dances, all the newbies were in groups and were various forms of barely avoiding a train wreck. Then the vets came on and DAMN, I get why they are the vets. They really are a joy to watch. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

I was hoping they would give her a rich chocolate brown personally. I just think the blonde makes her look common. 

Me too. They were doing one of the dances, all the newbies were in groups and were various forms of barely avoiding a train wreck. Then the vets came on and DAMN, I get why they are the vets. They really are a joy to watch. 

Chocolate brown...YES.  That would be so pretty because she does look common with that hair.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TobyBelle said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=32bc34fe46752225From other posters, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't care for the guest choreographers. It's uninteresting and painful to watch. Also, I don't care much for Kitty's style of teaching, but I enjoyed her segment. I like watching the TCC work on their dancing and technique with hands on teaching. It's more productive than the alumni sitting there.

This screen shot is from their FB extra make over scene. Who is she? She's so pretty. I thought she was Kelsey at first.

IMG_1128.PNG

Because that IS Kelsey 

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 1
On 9/1/2017 at 7:38 AM, bigskygirl said:

For the love of Pete, Jenna and her we are going out to the field for the kick line and jump split spiel....Why do they have to act so dramatic about it...Just freaking say hey everyone we are going out to the field to learn how to do the kick line and jump split. I thought Sydney's spiel from Season 9? was bad...

The makeovers...Why do they need to have the same style and cut on each girl. Come on Kelli! What happened to the each girl has her own "unique" look.

Savannah's smile reminds me of Heather who was cut this year. Their teeth are distracting me. Oh no! One of the TC Candidates was sleeping on an air mattress. This is a terrible!

TC Candidate Madeline reminds me of cut vet Allie. Selina was called out during her first year for weight, but she is not cut. I put her making it back under the hmmm...why was she allowed back along with Tasha when Allie was given the axe for her weight category. Yes, Allie did struggle with her weight, but I thought is much better dancer than Tasha and Selina.

And next week brings us Mentor Melissa. UGH!!!

I absolutely HATED Sydney's scene when she told the girls they were going outside to learn the kickline and the jumpsplit.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TobyBelle said:

Ahhh, thanks! I looked again at the FB page and saw that I read it wrong. I assumed it was the rookie make overs, but it was game day make up instead.

I thought the girls did their own hair/makeup for game day?

• Love 1

I was underwhelmed by the makeovers but did like Savannah's new color. I was afraid they'd take her to a garish red and relieved when they didn't. (I guess I've watched too much ANTM.) But what happened to the one with the overly dark hair that Kelli and Judy kept saying needed a makeover? I agreed with them and really wanted to see what she'd look like with lighter hair, because she was very pretty. The almost black hair just aged her. Did she get cut? 

It bothers me when Kelli is talking to someone about her weight and doesn't even mention nutrition. These girls are working out like crazy. If one of them is struggling with her weight, then she needs to look at what she's eating. Exercise will only get you so far. They don't mention this though. They just talk about taking extra training sessions. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 4

I wonder why they don't do a spin-off series or a one-time special that would show the DCCs throughout the season. Practice, performing, USO tours, show dance, other appearances...

The guest choreographers seem like a waste of time, unless the organization intends to infuse the DCC choreography with something new.

Love seeing the triple view during practices, and seeing the vets. You can really see the big difference that one or two years of polishing makes.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

It bothers me when Kelli is talking to someone about her weight and doesn't even mention nutrition. These girls are working out like crazy. If one of them is struggling with her weight, then she needs to look at what she's eating. Exercise will only get you so far. They don't mention this though. They just talk about taking extra training sessions. 

She probably can't say anything about nutrition if she is not a certified nutritionist.....but you would THINK as these ladies prepare for tryouts they would have their work out routines and eating plans all completely sorted out. It wastes everyone's time if they don't and have to get called out on it by K&J.

1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I wonder why they don't do a spin-off series or a one-time special that would show the DCCs throughout the season. Practice, performing, USO tours, show dance, other appearances...

The guest choreographers seem like a waste of time, unless the organization intends to infuse the DCC choreography with something new.

Love seeing the triple view during practices, and seeing the vets. You can really see the big difference that one or two years of polishing makes.

During Season 7, there were additional episodes that delved into some of this and it was fun to see the behind the scenes action. Not sure if it will happen this season, so we will have to wait! :) 

Edited by tinabee1967

Even if Kelli and Judy can't give nutrition advice because they're not certified, then they should say "Here's a list of certified nutritionists that we recommend you talk to about your diet."  If they do that, they'd better get GOOD ones and not the one that said carbonation causes cellulite or whatever she said.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Even if Kelli and Judy can't give nutrition advice because they're not certified, then they should say "Here's a list of certified nutritionists that we recommend you talk to about your diet."  If they do that, they'd better get GOOD ones and not the one that said carbonation causes cellulite or whatever she said.

She was awful!! I felt so bad for Nicole when she barged into her place. You could tell she was drinking juices in a desperate attempt to keep her weight down and then Jenny the nutritionist got on her for that. It would make those girls feel like there is no solution other than starvation in order to keep their jobs.

• Love 7
On 9/2/2017 at 11:33 AM, Angeltoes said:

He thought Jordan looked like someone's younger brother that had just gotten out of rehab and hadn't seen any women in a long time. 

This has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read on the forum, right up there with "electric cattle prod to the hoo hah"! Tell Mr. Angeltoes I think he's fabulous!

I remember Jordan's first appearance with the girls from Season 7 or 8, and I didn't like him then because it felt like he was trying way too hard to sound like he was "from the 'hood" when he's really a (very talented) skinny little white dude. This year, he seemed more relaxed and not trying nearly as hard, maybe his fiance's helped him to relax a bit. He was a lot more enjoyable to watch (for me) this time around because he seemed more genuine.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 3
On 8/31/2017 at 11:32 PM, Dccfan126 said:

Guys, this stuff in the floor with Kitty. They look like strippers doing this on the floor.

My daughter likes to watch with me after doing DCC camp this summer, and I fast forwarded it through the kitty scenes. It was pretty stripper ish

• Love 2

I was glad to hear they allowed a 9 lb fluctuation in Selena's weight.  I hope this shows they are sensitive to the changing scale and give a heads up when they start to see it.  I'm sure they give warnings etc when the scale shows it and save the K&J talk for when they see it.  

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

This has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read on the forum, right up there with "electric cattle prod to the hoo hah"! Tell him Mr. Angeltoes I think he's fabulous!

I remember Jordan's first appearance with the girls from Season 7 or 8, and I didn't like him then because it felt like he was trying way too hard to sound like he was "from the 'hood" when he's really a (very talented) skinny little white dude. This year, he seemed more relaxed and not trying nearly as hard, maybe his fiance's helped him to relax a bit. He was a lot more enjoyable to watch (for me) this time around because he seemed more genuine.

OMG, I thought it was just me. When Jordan was all like, "What up? What up?" and acting ghetto fabulous, it made my teeth itch. I am glad he dispensed with those pleasantries this time around. The man can dance, though. He is not very attractive, but he's very talented.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I was glad to hear they allowed a 9 lb fluctuation in Selena's weight.  I hope this shows they are sensitive to the changing scale and give a heads up when they start to see it.  I'm sure they give warnings etc when the scale shows it and save the K&J talk for when they see it.  

It probably depends upon her height. I am 5'. Back in my much thinner days, 9 pounds represented almost 2 clothing sizes.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Savanna is having a Leah Mullinax moment when Marshall styled it. She didn't stick with the center part though.

savanna.jpg.fe8c625b8525ae0d4658d1adea4a829b.jpg 

She does resemble Leah a little. I noticed she changed the part back to the side. I wonder if Kelli gets upset if the girls do anything to tweak their makeover.

• Love 1
On 9/3/2017 at 7:42 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Each episode of each show still has to pay the artist rights/royalties. It's not just a free for all over all the songs ever played on MTV. 

Yes.  My point was they have a huge arsenal of music to choose from.