Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Getting the Look

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Yes, the iTunes edit was strange. Judy's voice said "Erica" while the camera showed KaShara. But I'm still glad they showed leader announcements, as they skip over that in lots of seasons. Next year, it would be nice to see the second leaders announced too, but I get why that would have been too complicated this year. 

As for makeovers, I love Savannah's new color and really appreciate that they got rid of her extreme part. Love Marshall's sweetness and that quick glimpse of Tobie. I appreciate they don't make radical changes just for TV drama. The main overall difference I noted is that the ladies' makeup looked better--more professionally done (obviously because professionals did it). I noted that several TCCs didn't manage to replicate the makeup at their next rehearsals. Miranda's eyeliner and fake lashes looked awful.  Too heavy handed and fake. She seems sweet as pie when talking to the camera but I just get a sense of plastic from her that rubs me the wrong way. The boobs, the clip-ins, the makeup. I wonder about her lips, too, and I'm still scarred by her audition camel toe.  That face she was making when they showed her dancing in slow motion to Jordan's choreography was just painful. Not yet understanding the Kelli love for her. 

I wish Molly would lighten up on her liquid liner cat eyes, too. She is so gorgeous, I think, but just needs more training in heavy makeup for performance that looks less...heavy-handed. I liked her little intro. No sob stories, and I really like that she talked about being made an alternate because she hadn't brought it enough at her second Oregon tryout. She learned her lesson and made it to captain. Way to go, girl. Glad Jordan liked her so much. 

I love it when Jordan visits, either as a choreographer or a judge! Fun to see his fiancée, too. I always want to hear more from him and other guest choreographers about their thoughts on the ladies!

Madeline with her poor me and my air mattress. Since she is a recent graduate from an elite private university, I can believe that doing without furniture for all of 2 weeks was extreme roughing it to her. She is super cute and has a lot of performance potential, I think, but she could have explained herself better in the meeting. Tell them how hard you've trained and what kinds of classes you took the past few years, not about moving to Dallas with an air mattress. Sheesh. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Woah...editing Erica out.

She's shown sitting next to Jenna; they just didn't show the  part when she was named GL.

There's a GIF on cmt's Twitter page; I'd post it but I don't know how.

42 minutes ago, StarGazer00 said:

Savannah reminds me of Danielle! Maybe its the hair but she is just  gorgeous!

She's got that same flipped over to the side hair style like Danielle did in her 1st  season in TC.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

I thought that Madeline was one of the prettiest and most photogenic TCCs when someone published the TCC photos, but her beauty and personality did not translate quite as well onto the screen.  I also wish that she had been more articulate in answering the question about how she had 'emptied her bucket' to pursue this opportunity.   And I agree with several posters that say she somewhat resembles former DCC Allie -- who is perhaps a stronger dancer -- in body type.    

It was a pleasure to finally see and hear from Selina, who I don't think has ever been featured on the show, even if the reasons for her feature were not good.  She struck me as the opposite of Madeline, prettier, and with more personality, composure, and charm on television than sometimes comes through in still photos.  You can see from the way she carried herself in that segment that she has one year's experience under her belt.  Kelli and Judy did her the courtesy of stating loud and clear what she needs to do this year: (1) maintain her weight, and (2) take her dancing and performance to the next level.  

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3

IMHO, there was nothing wrong with Selina's shape. Compared to Hannah from year's past and red head vet Erica from Season 3, I thought she looked pretty fantastic. Sometimes, I think K&J get terribly nitpicky, "unforgiving as hell" uniform notwithstanding.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

Guys, this stuff in the floor with Kitty. They look like strippers doing this on the floor.

I guess they think she has a method to her craziness. I thought the same thing. Well if it doesn't work out with the DCC then they have a fallback career.

They seriously need to be creative with the makeovers too many blondes with the same length hair!

And maybe I need to get my Lasik surgery tweaked. But the one they were saying her hair was too much. Too dark, too long, I cannot remember her name. When they finished she looked exactly the same! If I paid for a makeover I would be pissed if nothing changed.

• Love 2

Surprisingly, I liked Kitty this episode and I liked some of the odd moving along the floor thing (most of them do these in their solos). I think she was extremely helpful explaining to the candidates what they were weak in and how to add the power/pop.  

I still enjoy seeing the guest choreographers come in and teach and help "judge" the girls that night. It's nice to see them doing something "different".

And Judy's remark about Brianna can look you directly in the eye and still do it wrong....OUCH.

Why make a "big deal" about makeovers when you aren't making any obvious changes???? Even Savannahs change was not much of a change overall.  It was more of a change comparatively speaking to the others, but it wasn't anything drastic like they've done in the past seasons.  Some of these girls needed some length taken off especially if they cannot control it from falling into their face.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

IMHO, there was nothing wrong with Selina's shape. Compared to Hannah from year's past and red head vet Erica from Season 3, I thought she looked pretty fantastic. Sometimes, I think K&J get terribly nitpicky, "unforgiving as hell" uniform notwithstanding.

Because she fluctuated last season, I think it gave them an excuse to look at her more.

Just now, LynneH said:

Surprisingly, I liked Kitty this episode and I liked some of the odd moving along the floor thing (most of them do these in their solos). I think she was extremely helpful explaining to the candidates what they were weak in and how to add the power/pop.  

I still enjoy seeing the guest choreographers come in and teach and help "judge" the girls that night. It's nice to see them doing something "different".

And Judy's remark about Brianna can look you directly in the eye and still do it wrong....OUCH.

Why make a "big deal" about makeovers when you aren't making any obvious changes???? Even Savannahs change was not much of a change overall.  It was more of a change comparatively speaking to the others, but it wasn't anything drastic like they've done in the past seasons.  Some of these girls needed some length taken off especially if they cannot control it from falling into their face.  

I did too. She was..mild.

(Disclaimer: I haven't see the episode yet)

It seems like when they moved to the new stadium and got the huge HD screen, they've become more focused on a girl's physical appearance during tryouts, so maybe they're taking in fewer "makeover candidates," or as Judy always refers to them, diamonds in the rough?  Also, maybe Kelli has realized that maybe they make good TV, but aren't actually that great a candidate to make the team. 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, LynneH said:

Yes! 

Have to give Brianna credit though for making eye contact.  I bet a lot of the girls don't when they're not feeling confident/messing up.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

For the love of Pete, Jenna and her we are going out to the field for the kick line and jump split spiel....Why do they have to act so dramatic about it...Just freaking say hey everyone we are going out to the field to learn how to do the kick line and jump split. I thought Sydney's spiel from Season 9? was bad...

The makeovers...Why do they need to have the same style and cut on each girl. Come on Kelli! What happened to the each girl has her own "unique" look.

Savannah's smile reminds me of Heather who was cut this year. Their teeth are distracting me. Oh no! One of the TC Candidates was sleeping on an air mattress. This is a terrible!

TC Candidate Madeline reminds me of cut vet Allie. Selina was called out during her first year for weight, but she is not cut. I put her making it back under the hmmm...why was she allowed back along with Tasha when Allie was given the axe for her weight category. Yes, Allie did struggle with her weight, but I thought is much better dancer than Tasha and Selina.

And next week brings us Mentor Melissa. UGH!!!

Agree over Savannah - I could be wrong, but to me those don't look like her natural teeth - like they are veneers or something cause they are too big for her mouth.   She's very cute and looks otherwise very natural, so maybe not...just my initial thought when I look at her teeth.   I like her a lot though - I think she's prettier and has a much better figure than the other Jets girl.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

She needs an electric cattle prod to the hoohah.

HA! Just snorted iced tea out of my nose.

This episode made me long for the days Reiner and his little "testy" run ins with Kelli. Marshall is nice but Reiner always made me laugh with his snarky asides. And who can forget when Kelli proclaimed Brandi Kilby to "no longer look like a stripper!" after her makeover?

I laughed about the the air mattress drama. Maybe to her that's considered "suffering for your art" or something but it's not a big deal if you know your furniture is on the way.

I don't understand why K & J were so critical of Alexandria's hair getting in her face. It's not like she was trying to hide behind it. She was getting into the dance. Briana's obvious lack of hip hop magic was a much great reason to call someone into the office, IMHO.

This is the first time I've seen Selina talk since she got cut at training camp a few years ago. She seems very sweet and more confident now than she was before.

Edited by ATLGirl
  • Love 7

I wanted to ask about these guest choreographers... i know that they are using some of these choreos,but some like the one in this episode are definitely not their material. Why would they interrupt training camp where they have to learn 50 choreos with random stuff?

Although I have to say, it did make me take notice of Alexis.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Agree over Savannah - I could be wrong, but to me those don't look like her natural teeth - like they are veneers or something cause they are too big for her mouth.   She's very cute and looks otherwise very natural, so maybe not...just my initial thought when I look at her teeth.   I like her a lot though - I think she's prettier and has a much better figure than the other Jets girl.

Savannah reminds me of Tristen from the  DS Ice Girls.

• Love 1

I applaud these young women for their hard work and dedication. I don't know how they train and learn with the "instruction" they're given. 

"You were rushing, maybe even a little delayed," Kelli.

WTF? How is that possible? I'm amazed these women can improve with only vague suggestions about what they're doing wrong. I thought that guest choreographer, Jordan, was ridiculous. He barely even used words when explaining what to do!!!

• Love 4

OK. Here is my take on this episode

1. Became more of an Alexandria and Kalyssa fan and not feeling Madeline. She seems unstable and I don't  know why. like she's going to snap any moment lol.

2. Judy " I would be terrified of the jump split too, we didn't have to do the jump split in the 80's. "  After 11 years of This show.....

3. I loved the spice workshop. This is one thing I can say I have in common for sure with DCC is the style, personality and it always drove me nuts that some great dancers don't know how to do that when all of the other skills are there. Anyway I thought it was a unique twist to what we normally see with Kitty. 

4. I am probably on my own here, but I thought Christina's kicks were so much better, and one of her legs is up to her face. Brianna has weak moments but from the clips on this episode, I thought she was fun to watch. 

5. Molly!  While the eyeliner may need to be pulled upward a bit she is striking! I love her voice and her mouth has a unique shape I can't  remember what it's called but it's a stunning feature. 

6. Great to see Jordan. And Kelly actually called him Jordon instead of  Jorduuuun. 

7. They sure did get their boots early, as they were shown carrying them outside onto the field, but we didn't get to see them dance in them. 

8.Alexis is also striking! She joins Mollie and Kelsey with the dark hair and light blue eyes is my girl crush combo.

9. Celinda looked beautiful this episode 

10. Keira is adorbs!!!!

11. Still not a peep from Taryn 

12. So does Miranda have an injury or what?  

13. Is that actually on office where K and J do the evaluations? It looks more like a meeting/fancy employee room.

• Love 7

I think they need to give the vets makeovers too! Some of them just don't look so good after the first year.... and didn't Milan go back to the same stanky hair color she had before?

I just can't with that Brianna kid. I couldn't believe they didn't cut her. She just stood there during parts of the hip hop routine. Kelli and Judy need to go back to being savages.. to be able to say that someone "could look you in the eye and do it wrong" and then let that slide.

• Love 2

I liked this episode, especially the dancing.  The makeovers were just OK.  I'm glad they didn't give too much air time to that.   I loved Savannah's makeover though, gorgeous hair color!   Alexandria looked the same after compared to before.

I am not a fan of the jump split, and I am sick of them showing so much of that.   Not interesting.

I loved Lauren's style this week!  And Brianna really improved I thought.  Lots more power than before.

I was glad Kitty wasn't as obnoxious, unless they just edited her to look better.   Yes, they did kind of look like stripper moves, LOL!

I liked Keyra also, she has a lot of spunk!

I was crossing my fingers they would cut Erin and they did.  Good idea.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Mess. 

I took a little break to find that scene in my iTunes copy, and yes, Erica's name was called. But they didn't show her at all, and it was a quick cut to Jinelle talking. I wonder if that wasn't considered enough of a coverup.

What did Erica do to deserve that? Heck, even Brooke was in the studio and they showed her lining up for the aquad photo. 

So, is Erica on the injured list, or the Naughty and Gone list?

• Love 3

I hate to admit this because I've been a die-hard fan since Season 1, but I'm incredibly bored with this season.  The focus isn't on the girls and dancing anymore - it's all about making the viewer believe that this team is the most elite, world-class, professional dancers known to man.  The makeovers were a snooze-fest because everyone already spent thousands to get the DCC look before auditions.  The dancing has taken a backseat to the glam and glitter of the Star and various guests like Jerry Jones and Jordan Johnson.  I'm just not feeling it.  I miss the seasons of the past where you had some great up-and-coming dancers on the team (such as Brooke from Season 1) that I feel wouldn't even get a second glance now because of this self-awarded "world-class" title.  I have no doubt that these women are incredible performers, but at the end of the day, this is a NFL dance squad.  It seems like they're trying too hard to elevate it to be something that it's not.

• Love 20
6 hours ago, LynneH said:

Just now, ReneeK said:
6 hours ago, LynneH said:

This is why I love Judy!  She calls it like she sees it.  No mystery with her! ?

Edited by ReneeK
Totally messed up the quoting thing somehow
  • Love 2

I'm evil so I liked that they showed Mirandas horror at getting her hair cut. I was totally underwhelmed with her makeover. I just thought her hair looked messy afterwards. 

The folders are back back in the "office". They are difficult to see because in most shots they are directly behind Judy but sometimes you can see them poking out.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

I forgot who they were talking about but Kelli asked Judy if 'she liked her?'  And Judy said 'I don't know.' Something so laughable and snarky about that response.  No sugar-coating from her. 

I think Kelli was asking Judy about Molly

**I think this was a diff conversation than some others have posted up thread about Alexandria.  Can someone let me know who they were talking about?

The CC on Alexandria said something like "I don't like her" but if replayed Judy really said "I still like her".  Maybe the person typing CC doesn't like Alexandria because that was crazy!

I heart Marshall.  Every thing he says is just so positive towards the girl.  Love him.

That biggin quote was awesome!!!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I hate to admit this because I've been a die-hard fan since Season 1, but I'm incredibly bored with this season.  The focus isn't on the girls and dancing anymore - it's all about making the viewer believe that this team is the most elite, world-class, professional dancers known to man.  The makeovers were a snooze-fest because everyone already spent thousands to get the DCC look before auditions.  The dancing has taken a backseat to the glam and glitter of the Star and various guests like Jerry Jones and Jordan Johnson.  I'm just not feeling it.  I miss the seasons of the past where you had some great up-and-coming dancers on the team (such as Brooke from Season 1) that I feel wouldn't even get a second glance now because of this self-awarded "world-class" title.  I have no doubt that these women are incredible performers, but at the end of the day, this is a NFL dance squad.  It seems like they're trying too hard to elevate it to be something that it's not.

I know what you're saying.  It's almost as if the show is becoming so famous, it's no longer a documentary about becoming a cheerleader.. it's more of a "Hollywood" reality show with girls from other teams (NY Jets etc.) there just for the notoriety.  

Since this show is becoming so popular, it would actually be nice though if they'd follow the entire season.  Only 8-10 episodes a year is like torture!  Why are the Kardashians on every single day but not DCC? ?

• Love 13
22 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Why do Kelli and Judy get so pissed when a girl gets hurt? It's not like they 'wanted' to get hurt. Accidents/injuries are bound to happen, right? 

I wonder if they are so used to girls in the past using an "injury" as an excuse as to why they may not be doing that good in camp (Vivian, Christina) that they've become a little desensitized to it. 

• Love 1

100% disappointed with the makeover sessions. What??? They didn't do anything. It used to be a big day. I get what others are saying about the girls coming in with better looks than previous, but I think that they missed some opportunities. I don't think Alexandria looks good at all. I think her hair looks totally fried, and it was very apparent in Kelly's office. She needed about 7 inches off and a different color. I hate her current look. I think she is pretty in general, but her looks is dated to me. 

Have we seen the Oregon girl before? She looks so familiar! I mean, really familiar. I like her a lot, agree that her eye liner is out of control, though. She went full on Cleopatra. 

Agree with Kelly that Madeline rookie looks like a little girl. She was fresh faced, not in a bad way, but just wasn't cutting it for me. REminded me of Madeline M from her first year she tried out. 

This was Kitty's worst appearance ever on the show. I just watched the episode back but ff'd through her segment. It was not entertaining as someone said above, and seemed too contrived. I am agreeing that this season, while I like it, seems quite inauthentic and less organic than in the past. I also think Kitty looks unwell. It has nothing to do with age, or even her fried hair. Something about her is just not the same, and I don't think she looks well health-wise. 

I am not a fan of the Star in terms of the dance studio or Kelly's office. Seems too clinical, too impersonal. I hate the pictures on the wall. I can't see the girls well. It is too much visual clutter and distraction. I think everything looks too overdone at the Star, at least for my taste. I prefer a more lived in, understated facility. This looks gaudy and icy/sterile, in my opinion. Too done up, too perfect. There is no charm.

I died laughing when Madeline said her hardship was sleeping on an air mattress and signing a lease on an apartment while she waited for her new furniture to arrive. You cannot be serious with that! She should be really ashamed to have said that out loud. I will they had called her out on that. 

Speaking of that, I think that these newer crops of girls seem to be so privileged. Much more so than previous years. I still will always love that one girl (what was her name- Alyssa? Kalyssa?) who was from San Antonio, was raising her younger sister, and going to school and running some kind of pest control company. These are others, too. Danielle didn't seem to come from much, nor did Jasmine.I am not saying that you need to have a sob story, but... these newer girls all seem to be so overly privileged that they are hard to relate to, at least for me. The U of Oregon girl is from Danville, which is extremely wealthy. 

I feel like they are glossing over all of the vets. We haven't seen much of them. 

Not enoug time in the dance studio. That was the appeal to me- the grind of the dance studio, the feel of going over and over the routines. When they used to divide the girls according to hair color or part of the country. It feels, again, so clinical, so sterile. Like they are going through the motions, a formula. 

I don't still don't see the visual appeal of Jinelle. I think she has a sweet disposition,  and is responsible, but her look.. as Kelly says, she has look for some and not for others. I find her to be very homely. 

I wish they had shown the vets during the guest dancer's portion. He reminded me of Eminem or someone similar. He was too thin and looked unhealthy. I bet the vets like Holly and Jenna or Cerseten did so well with his dance and they didn't even show them! It's like they are just showing bits and pieces with very jumpy editing but no real content. I am not getting to know anyone, really.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Dccfanatic said:

Have we seen the Oregon girl before? She looks so familiar! I mean, really familiar. I like her a lot, agree that her eye liner is out of control, though. She went full on Cleopatra. 

Cleopatra LOL!

Edited by ReneeK

I am not a fan of the Star in terms of the dance studio or Kelly's office. Seems too clinical, too impersonal. I hate the pictures on the wall. I can't see the girls well. It is too much visual clutter and distraction. I think everything looks too overdone at the Star, at least for my taste. I prefer a more lived in, understated facility. This looks gaudy and icy/sterile, in my opinion. Too done up, too perfect. There is no charm.

Completely agree.  It's like a giant brand new airport.  Probably freezing cold and with harsh lighting.

• Love 5

100% disappointed with the makeover sessions. What??? They didn't do anything. It used to be a big day. I get what others are saying about the girls coming in with better looks than previous, but I think that they missed some opportunities. I don't think Alexandria looks good at all. I think her hair looks totally fried, and it was very apparent in Kelly's office. She needed about 7 inches off and a different color. I hate her current look. I think she is pretty in general, but her looks is dated to me. 

Agree with Kelly that Madeline rookie looks like a little girl. She was fresh faced, not in a bad way, but just wasn't cutting it for me. REminded me of Madeline M from her first year she tried out. 

This was Kitty's worst appearance ever on the show. I just watched the episode back but ff'd through her segment. It was not entertaining as someone said above, and seemed too contrived. I am agreeing that this season, while I like it, seems quite inauthentic and less organic than in the past. I also think Kitty looks unwell. It has nothing to do with age, or even her fried hair. Something about her is just not the same, and I don't think she looks well health-wise. 

I died laughing when Madeline said her hardship was sleeping on an air mattress and signing a lease on an apartment while she waited for her new furniture to arrive. You cannot be serious with that! She should be really ashamed to have said that out loud. I will they had called her out on that. 

Speaking of that, I think that these newer crops of girls seem to be so privileged. Much more so than previous years. I still will always love that one girl (what was her name- Alyssa? Kalyssa?) who was from San Antonio, was raising her younger sister, and going to school and running some kind of pest control company. These are others, too. Danielle didn't seem to come from much, nor did Jasmine.I am not saying that you need to have a sob story, but... these newer girls all seem to be so overly privileged that they are hard to relate to, at least for me. The U of Oregon girl is from Danville, which is extremely wealthy. 

I feel like they are glossing over all of the vets. We haven't seen much of them. 

Not enoug time in the dance studio. That was the appeal to me- the grind of the dance studio, the feel of going over and over the routines. When they used to divide the girls according to hair color or part of the country. It feels, again, so clinical, so sterile. Like they are going through the motions, a formula. 

I don't still don't see the visual appeal of Jinelle. I think she has a sweet disposition,  and is responsible, but her look.. as Kelly says, she has look for some and not for others. I find her to be very homely. 

I wish they had shown the vets during the guest dancer's portion. He reminded me of Eminem or someone similar. He was too thin and looked unhealthy. I bet the vets like Holly and Jenna or Cerseten did so well with his dance and they didn't even show them! It's like they are just showing bits and pieces with very jumpy editing but no real content. I am not getting to know anyone, really.

Agreed on the bolded.  If having to sleep on an air mattress for a couple weeks while you wait for new furniture is your biggest struggle by age 22, you've had a pretty charmed life. 

You're right that they do seem a lot more privileged as a whole compared to previous seasons.   

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I applaud these young women for their hard work and dedication. I don't know how they train and learn with the "instruction" they're given. 

"You were rushing, maybe even a little delayed," Kelli.

WTF? How is that possible? I'm amazed these women can improve with only vague suggestions about what they're doing wrong. I thought that guest choreographer, Jordan, was ridiculous. He barely even used words when explaining what to do!!!

Oh god I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought his teaching was ridiculous. I'm sure that dancers who have worked with him a lot can understand what he is saying but random dancers can't possibly understand what "then bam then mmm then whatever" is supposed to be.

9 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

4. I am probably on my own here, but I thought Christina's kicks were so much better, and one of her legs is up to her face. Brianna has weak moments but from the clips on this episode, I thought she was fun to watch. 

7. They sure did get their boots early, as they were shown carrying them outside onto the field, but we didn't get to see them dance in them. 

I thought Brianna looked great during Kitty's workshop, which means that there is definitely potential to get the sexy out of her :p And she looked great after the makeover aka when she had makeup on and was glammed up. I'm rooting for her, but she needs to get cut, go home and take classes for a year and then come back and kill it.

4 hours ago, jenngirl said:

I noticed that too!   That was crazy

I think she meant that she was rushing at some counts and then slowed done a bit too much. At least that's what it looked like she was doing on the slo-mo replay they showed.

On 9/1/2017 at 1:13 AM, MyFavShows said:

I agree that judging the girls on how they do that type of choreography is stupid.   They'd never do that in uniform and some people are just not good at that style, but can dance DCC pom style fine.   Maybe it is a requirement for show group, but not letting someone on the team cause they can't dance swaggy hip hop well is a bit much IMO.

I think I remember Kelli explaining in another season she likes to bring in different choreographers to expose the cheerleaders to different styles.  Sometimes they use the choreographer for work they will use on the field i.e. Michelle Keys choreographed a quarter change for them.  Sometimes in the case of Jordan who was on this episode they use the choreography for show group and that number was eventually used at a halftime for the whole team last season.

10 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I wanted to ask about these guest choreographers... i know that they are using some of these choreos,but some like the one in this episode are definitely not their material. Why would they interrupt training camp where they have to learn 50 choreos with random stuff?

Although I have to say, it did make me take notice of Alexis.

I think they used Jordan's choreography last year for show group and a half time show.  I think Kelli likes using him as well as some other Dallas choreographers.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

They always had more rich girls. If I remember correctly, Kelsi R. was rich-rich, like private plane rich. And none of these girls can really be huge strugglers. I love Danielle and she obviously needed the work, but there's no way she had no help. She was a cheerleader in NY so it's not like she had savings and the move to Texas without having a job can't be done on a cheerleader's pay. So I'm fine with it because no 'normal' girl Could support herself to be a DCC, no matter what K&J say.

And yes I'd love to see the vets performing this choreo!

5 minutes ago, GWN 617 said:

I think I remember Kelli explaining in another season she likes to bring in different choreographers to expose the cheerleaders to different styles.  Sometimes they use the choreographer for work they will use on the field i.e. Michelle Keys choreographed a quarter change for them.  Sometimes in the case of Jordan who was on this episode they use the choreography for show group and that number was eventually used at a halftime for the whole team last season.

I think they used Jordan's choreography last year for show group and a half time show.  I think Kelli likes using him as well as some other Dallas choreographers.  

Waaait he did this choreo? I don't remember him at all!

• Love 1

The Dallas Cowboys pick girls that they feel represent the brand and help fill those seats in the stadium.  I don’t always agree with all of their picks into training camp, but there is a lot that goes into why people get chosen.  I haven’t gotten attached to Brianna because I know she’s not ready.  She dances reserved, and I think she needs some time to mature into a DCC.  I think Kelli, in particular, and Judy really want Brianna on the team, but she is not giving them what they need for her to be a DCC.  Judy’s outburst was frustration, and I felt second hand embracement for Brianna.  I don’t ever remember being blown away with the makeovers on this show, but I always liked watching them anyway.  I did not think Miranda needed to go so short.  I liked Savannah transformation the most; she looked prettier.   I liked Kitty’s spice class.  Some of the girls like Molly needed to learn how to dance sexy and fluid.  When Kitty said, “Normally I come in with a hammer and drill them, but tonight I am trying to help them” got a laugh out of me.   I was happy to see Jinelle and Jenna become group leaders.  Madeline dances bad.  Her flashback dance move shown in Kelli’s office segment where they make their cuts was so wrong I also had to laugh.  Her sale’s pitch was not a good one, and I wished she would have asked for some more constructive criticism on how to get notice because I did not find it really helpful.  I get Erin’s cut because right now I don’t remember her dancing style.      

Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

They always had more rich girls. If I remember correctly, Kelsi R. was rich-rich, like private plane rich. And none of these girls can really be huge strugglers. I love Danielle and she obviously needed the work, but there's no way she had no help. She was a cheerleader in NY so it's not like she had savings and the move to Texas without having a job can't be done on a cheerleader's pay. So I'm fine with it because no 'normal' girl Could support herself to be a DCC, no matter what K&J say.

And yes I'd love to see the vets performing this choreo!

Waaait he did this choreo? I don't remember him at all!

If you look at last season.  Jordan came in and started teaching them a piece.  You can tell during show group auditions that it was the finished choreography.  Show Group then performed the number during Family and Friends.  I am not good a posting videos but if you look on youtube under dallas cowboys cheerleaders hip hop halftime, (it may have been the halftime of the playoff game)the whole squad performed the number along with Jordan's dance troupe

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, GWN 617 said:

If you look at last season.  Jordan came in and started teaching them a piece.  You can tell during show group auditions that it was the finished choreography.  Show Group then performed the number during Family and Friends.  I am not good a posting videos but if you look on youtube under dallas cowboys cheerleaders hip hop halftime, (it may have been the halftime of the playoff game)the whole squad performed the number along with Jordan's dance troupe

Thanks! Now I want to see a full segment of Jordan teaching that hip hop halftime the same way he teached the one in this episode and the girls staring at him in confusion. #priceless

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, DaisyFields500 said:

The Dallas Cowboys pick girls that they feel represent the brand and help fill those seats in the stadium.  I don’t always agree with all of their picks into training camp, but there is a lot that goes into why people get chosen.  I haven’t gotten attached to Brianna because I know she’s not ready.  She dances reserved, and I think she needs some time to mature into a DCC.  I think Kelli, in particular, and Judy really want Brianna on the team, but she is not giving them what they need for her to be a DCC.  Judy’s outburst was frustration, and I felt second hand embracement for Brianna.  I don’t ever remember being blown away with the makeovers on this show, but I always liked watching them anyway.  I did not think Miranda needed to go so short.  I liked Savannah transformation the most; she looked prettier.   I liked Kitty’s spice class.  Some of the girls like Molly needed to learn how to dance sexy and fluid.  When Kitty said, “Normally I come in with a hammer and drill them, but tonight I am trying to help them” got a laugh out of me.   I was happy to see Jinelle and Jenna become group leaders.  Madeline dances bad.  Her flashback dance move shown in Kelli’s office segment where they make their cuts was so wrong I also had to laugh.  Her sale’s pitch was not a good one, and I wished she would have asked for some more constructive criticism on how to get notice because I did not find it really helpful.  I get Erin’s cut because right now I don’t remember her dancing style.      

I agree.  Kelli and Judy like bringing in trained dancers.  They loved Brianna and Erin.  They are both great contemporary dancers.  Problem is Brianna hasn't exposed herself to trying different types of dance or using different music.  They are struggling with this style.  Kelli and Judy are going to keep encouraging them and giving advice until they see that it might be too little time for them to pick up the style.  Hence Kelli gives the "You need to use this year to take classes learn our style and come back next year stronger" speech like she did with Erin.  I know it's sad to see these nice ladies get cut but I love when I watch the next season and see if they audition again how they improved if they did. I like Spice Class too. Good to see Kitty not tearing everybody apart so much and actually teach everyone.  Love Group Leader Episodes. I always liked Jinelle and finally she is group leader.  I am hoping that this year CMT actually has some air time for a group leader running her own rehearsal.  I want to see more vets and TCCs working together away from Kelli and Judy.   It would also be interesting to see the different group leaders teaching and leadership styles.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Dallasgirl2004 said:

It's gotten silly how they make a big deal about it and no one really needs one.  I definitely think they should have taken Alexandria to a darker color.  I'm so over the 90s makeup look.  The girls all look the same with the dark eye makeup, overly thick brows, and the matte beige lipstick.  I do think they offered more drastic makeovers before 2015.  Girls did have more unique looks.  All of them are the same and I'm bored.  

I agree with you.  This year they didn't do much with the make overs.  It's not interesting for us as viewers but I like how they try to make the TCCs look like themselves instead of just making drastic changes.  I think they are trying to give them something a little different but more polished look for publicity shots and how they will be viewed on the big screen.  I am seeing alot of what they do in terms of how the cheerleaders look is sometimes based on what it is going to look like on the field on that big screen. There is a reason why the judges were moved out there. The majority of fans are going to be seeing those cheerleaders on that screen rather than in person so if a certain type of makeup look works best on screen the cheerleaders are going to do it.  The cheerleaders might tone down their make up when they do personal appearances.