Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

S12.E05: Getting the Look

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, Tootie said:

Judy said "I still really like her."

Thanks! Closed captioning said "I don't really like her" for some reason and I was confused because it didn't really sound like it but I couldn't tell lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, beachespeaches said:

Thanks! Closed captioning said "I don't really like her" for some reason and I was confused because it didn't really sound like it but I couldn't tell lol

CC's not always reliable!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

"I want you to take a Kitty workshop"

 

aka I want you to pay more money to someone who affiliated with us for a nondescript reason I can not verbilize 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

"Always be aware of where your hair is." added to the list of best quotes from this season. 

Along with "Your hair should get there after you do."

This was a very hair-centric episode.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Molly is really pretty - I think she'd look better w/ some highlights in her hair though to brighten it up.  Interesting how she was on Oregan cheer w/ Maggie.   It's kind of like the DCC gets one girl from a team, and then next thing they get more girls from that team who want to be like their friend...

I don't really like Alexis' look.   She just looks kind of masculine or something.  Just doesn't look like a DCC to me.

Liked Savannahs makeover.   She is cute.

Didn't notice much difference w/ Miranda's makeover.   She has a very mature/matronly look - almost looks like she's in her mid 30's, but I'm guessing she's not. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

This hip hop choreography is dumb. The DCC never do this. It is a funny thing for TV but has nothing to do with their performance value.

also, Kelly, if you guys have so much money, maybe pay for a new song instead of the one we all know you used last year.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

Guys, this stuff in the floor with Kitty. They look like strippers doing this on the floor.

Yes! And the song had lyrics about being 'high class.' Um, nope, not high class with those moves.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

This hip hop choreography is dumb. The DCC never do this. It is a funny thing for TV but has nothing to do with their performance value.

also, Kelly, if you guys have so much money, maybe pay for a new song instead of the one we all know you used last year.

This was bothering me. It's CMT for crying out loud, they couldn't update the playlist?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

23 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

This hip hop choreography is dumb. The DCC never do this. It is a funny thing for TV but has nothing to do with their performance value.

also, Kelly, if you guys have so much money, maybe pay for a new song instead of the one we all know you used last year.

I agree that judging the girls on how they do that type of choreography is stupid.   They'd never do that in uniform and some people are just not good at that style, but can dance DCC pom style fine.   Maybe it is a requirement for show group, but not letting someone on the team cause they can't dance swaggy hip hop well is a bit much IMO.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

eventually I turned on closed captioning to be sure - but she said "I don't really like her".

I did the same thing. Whoa. It was harsh seeing it on screen. Mine read: I just don't like her.

Couldn't tell if it was dancing or her in general.

Share this post


Link to post

The makeovers aren't that fun anymore because they're all glamed (glammed?) up from the start.

I was so mad (and still am) about Erica that I couldn't enjoy the show at all.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, kacesq said:

SIgh. Every year I look forward to the makeovers and every year I'm disappointed. Some of the candidates looked exactly the same.

Also, every year we hear "I've never done a jump split." Why not? None of the prep classes teach it? No one ever tries before entering training camp?

I've asked myself that too. Why aren't the local neighborhood studio (HS level) and college level teaching it? Seems like the lower levels could really take the time, use mats, trainers, stretching to teach the skill w/o getting injured. DCC doesn't own a move or a skill. Not to mention all of the camps, workshops , clinics and other events that dancers attend, that no one else is teaching the skill. Even TN-Titan Brianna said they did it once a year, which I thought was dangerous, but once a year is better than never.

Can't the gymnastics studios be of some assistance? First teach split, jump (w/ height), then jump into a sliding split, then the jump-split... some gymnastics studios have those hook-up ropes/cords/spotters so you can learn safely until you can go on your own power.

If its been your dream to be a DCC, and you know they do this move every single time, since probably the 90's, why haven't your learned on your own somewhere somehow from somebody, how to do the skill? To show up even at auditions and NEVER have done a deal-breaker skill, seems odd and a little ill-prepared to me.

If I was a parent on a dancer who was not exposed to a 30+-yr old, albeit little dangerous skill (that is what waivers are for), after spending all of this time & money, I would be complaining to someone.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

The makeovers aren't that fun anymore because they're all glamed (glammed?) up from the start.

I was so mad (and still am) about Erica that I couldn't enjoy the show at all.

I think candidates are getting DCC styled somewhere before coming into auditions to better their chances from the start.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I thought there was something odd about the fact that KaShara's reaction to being made group leader was pretty much nonexistent, considering they made such a big deal about it being Jinelle's first time. While not completely unheard of, it's definitely far more special to be a group leader for the first time as a third year vet. And then towards the end of the episode I realized that Erica had been noticeably absent and wondered if the two were somehow connected. I wonder if they chose to just cut her out or if this is another Amy Reese situation?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still not convinced that is Kelly's full time office. I  think it is a filming/reception office - very sterile. that is a conference table.  That  was a long walk for Madeline to sit down. I miss seeing all of the in-baskets on her desks along with the other papers/folders she refers to when making decisions.

And what is Kelly's assistant's name?? Seen her for 12 seasons bringing in ladies into the office and I don't know her name. They need to give her a little more air time too - like they did with phil.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Just saw the end of the episode... Damm NJ/NY/18 yr old Briana crying... AGAIN... Put her on a flight, send her back to momma.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

I thought there was something odd about the fact that KaShara's reaction to being made group leader was pretty much nonexistent, considering they made such a big deal about it being Jinelle's first time. While not completely unheard of, it's definitely far more special to be a group leader for the first time as a third year vet. And then towards the end of the episode I realized that Erica had been noticeably absent and wondered if the two were somehow connected. I wonder if they chose to just cut her out or if this is another Amy Reese situation?

Probably because she wasn't actually announced as a group leader at that point.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, beachespeaches said:

Why doesn't Judy like Alexandria? Was it her personality or her dance because I couldn't tell.

This really surprised me. And no context so not certain...

Now is time to mention Kelli and Judy like a pleasant smile.  Another person called into the office for needing to smile, Cassie.  Glad you prepped the girls so well.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, beachespeaches said:

This was bothering me. It's CMT for crying out loud, they couldn't update the playlist?

I wish they had up and coming country artists featured.  It would give them play time and exposre and probably not cost anything.  I am probably unaware of all the legal behind it, but it would be cool.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, kacesq said:

 

 None of the prep classes teach it? No one ever tries before entering training camp?

Jump split is very hard and dangerous and not everyone is equipped to teach , that's y they don't teach at semi-finals. Remember Tessa from a couple of years ago she was a another team and they got a guest choreographer to teach kick line & jump split for their Christmas show and tessa got injured badly. 

7 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I wonder how customary THIS Kitty class is compared to other seasons. Were there even vets present? 

Just Tess , not sure why tho 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sATL said:

I've asked myself that too. Why aren't the local neighborhood studio (HS level) and college level teaching it? Seems like the lower levels could really take the time, use mats, trainers, stretching to teach the skill w/o getting injured. DCC doesn't own a move or a skill. Not to mention all of the camps, workshops , clinics and other events that dancers attend, that no one else is teaching the skill. Even TN-Titan Brianna said they did it once a year, which I thought was dangerous, but once a year is better than never.

Can't the gymnastics studios be of some assistance? First teach split, jump (w/ height), then jump into a sliding split, then the jump-split... some gymnastics studios have those hook-up ropes/cords/spotters so you can learn safely until you can go on your own power.

If its been your dream to be a DCC, and you know they do this move every single time, since probably the 90's, why haven't your learned on your own somewhere somehow from somebody, how to do the skill? To show up even at auditions and NEVER have done a deal-breaker skill, seems odd and a little ill-prepared to me.

If I was a parent on a dancer who was not exposed to a 30+-yr old, albeit little dangerous skill (that is what waivers are for), after spending all of this time & money, I would be complaining to someone.

I think the average dance studios don't because of liability.   Definitely gymnastics gym would be better set up for insurance/liability issue with potential injury.  They would be smart to do a 6 week stretch and flexibility that builds up to it.  Any former DCC listening out there?  NIce little partnership with a dallas gym could make it happen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if alot of people on this board have a dance experience or a have taken dance classes but  I assure you the majority of dance teacher are as crazy and mean as kitty. So to me her personality doesn't take away from her credibility , she's has one of the biggest dance studios in dance & i am sure she's good teacher , she's just crazy.

 

I love Jordan and his style. And that song   

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

I liked what Kelli said to Selina about  trainers in the building at the Star... does that mean the girls can workout at the star with Dallas Cowboys trainers any time they want now?  If so that would be an amazing perk.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I don't want to rewatch, but is Erica in any of the other episodes? Prominently or otherwise? Wouldn't she have been in those close up veteran rectangles?

56 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I liked what Kelli said to Selina about  trainers in the building at the Star... does that mean the girls can workout at the star with Dallas Cowboys trainers any time they want now?  If so that would be an amazing perk.  

Apparently every single one of them hates the drive, so I don't think anyone will actually take them up on it outside of what's obligated.

Share this post


Link to post

Sue me, In general I like Kitty segments and I thought the other episode her segment was really short so I am glad they had her back.  I don't pretend to get her methods but she does draw out something extra from dancers and I always appreciate pushing beyond competent.  Not crazy about the rolling floor stuff, but the "swatting flies" and completing movements and extension, all that stuff good.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Most. Disappointing. Makeover. Session. Everinthehistoryoftheworld. Did anybody look any different? Sigh.....No. Savannah's hair color looked better, but that is about it. This is normally one of my favorite sections of the show and it was just rushed through. This group of girls are so pretty, you can't really make any drastic improvements. But, I adore Marshall, so there is that. Miranda needed to get over herself. She came across as ungrateful. Slap that girl silly.

Whatever Janelle is doing with her makeup is NOT working. Girl, NO. She looks like she is in her 40's. I love her....she can do better than this!

The kick line I thought went really well for a group of rookies, but Brianna sucked. Still. She just acts so non chalant, it kills me. She needs an electric cattle prod to the hoohah.

I liked Kitty better in this episode than any other time we have seen her. She still had her sassy personality, but she was professional about it. NOW all of us non dancers know what it means to attack the movements. That ponytail of her's though......WHOA! Marshall, grab the Olaplex, STAT!! We have a flatliner!!

Jordan is always great. I love that urban sharp style of dance. Of course, some of the girls get it right away, but others are all confused as to what to do with their bodies.

We get a Kelsey wink (WHY does she have to be so pretty?) And Molly.....those eyes, girl! When she smiles, you see the WOW. I am glad to see her featured. Really like her.

Brianna, again, is like a scared little rabbit in the body of an 18 year old and she dances like she could not care less. Again. Already more than sick of her. She is completely afraid of life.

No surprise that Erin got cut. She did respectfully try to buy more time, but no. Cue the tornado siren music and off she goes, stage right, with the blessing to come back next year from K and J. Something about this style of dance and tall girls just does not work. 

Judy's eyes do that scary, cat eyed squint of judgment. That squint is NOT a good thing. And when Kelli throws her hair to one side and sort of looks down her nose and then at her notes? Somebody is going home. Cue more tornado siren music. The question is.....who is next on the chopping block? 

And now we wait for Episode 6......

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

For the love of Pete, Jenna and her we are going out to the field for the kick line and jump split spiel....Why do they have to act so dramatic about it...Just freaking say hey everyone we are going out to the field to learn how to do the kick line and jump split. I thought Sydney's spiel from Season 9? was bad...

The makeovers...Why do they need to have the same style and cut on each girl. Come on Kelli! What happened to the each girl has her own "unique" look.

Savannah's smile reminds me of Heather who was cut this year. Their teeth are distracting me. Oh no! One of the TC Candidates was sleeping on an air mattress. This is a terrible!

TC Candidate Madeline reminds me of cut vet Allie. Selina was called out during her first year for weight, but she is not cut. I put her making it back under the hmmm...why was she allowed back along with Tasha when Allie was given the axe for her weight category. Yes, Allie did struggle with her weight, but I thought is much better dancer than Tasha and Selina.

And next week brings us Mentor Melissa. UGH!!!

Share this post


Link to post

ERICA was announced as group leader on the iTunes episode! Kashara wasn't mentioned at all.

Perhaps it really was a very last minute decision to edit her out? 

(Sorry I also posted the same thing in the other thread... I thought I was posting on this one!)

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

12 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

ERICA was announced as group leader on the iTunes episode! Kashara wasn't mentioned at all.

Perhaps it really was a very last minute decision to edit her out? 

(Sorry I also posted the same thing in the other thread... I thought I was posting on this one!)

 

Mess. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Pinknblue said:

ERICA was announced as group leader on the iTunes episode! Kashara wasn't mentioned at all.

The mystery continues!!!  I love how everyone on this forum is an amateur FBI agent. ??‍♀️??

I wonder if these little editing mistakes will cause any fury with Kelly and Judy, or with the editors/producers of DCC:MTT??  I thought the closed caption mistake was a bad oversight, but only crazy fans (i.e. US!) would ever catch it or read about it. But if the iTunes episode shows Erica, then they DEFINITELY have some explaining to do!  I feel like a huge group of fans watch this on iTunes, especially since Time Warner/Spectrum moved CMT to a different tier and many people don't get CMT anymore .

If @ShellyB knew the #tea before this episode, I am certain there will be more internal #tea after!!!  (I can only imagine the internal discussions about it!). And while I doubt they will ever share it, I just want to say how much I appreciate this forum for being my support group because I definitely was caught off guard and confused when they edited Kashara to be the group leader and made no mention of Erica after seeing so many group leader pics on Instagram. 

Edited by Stee
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Erin is obsessed w/ that air mattress - I think she's talked about it every time she's been shown ;)...and brought it up to K&J.  I'm gonna name her "air mattress Erin"... 

or "Airin" for short

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if it's Kelli or Marshall, but the obsession with middle parts is just strange. Some women can pull off a middle part really well, but few IMO (mainly those with a particular shaped forehead) look better with a middle part than a side part. Yet, they love them for some reason. 

Tara has a very long torso. It was even more obvious this episode because her leggings/tights looked so much darker than her stomach.

This episode was boring to me. Not sure exactly why though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Yep - I'm not in the US so I have to watch on iTunes. It only just got uploaded there - so I'd already read this thread before watching... so you can only imagine my surprise when it was Judy's voice saying ERICA... however, the girl shown on screen at the time was - dun dun dun - Kashara.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Molly is really pretty - I think she'd look better w/ some highlights in her hair though to brighten it up.  Interesting how she was on Oregan cheer w/ Maggie.   It's kind of like the DCC gets one girl from a team, and then next thing they get more girls from that team who want to be like their friend...

Liked Savannahs makeover.   She is cute.

Didn't notice much difference w/ Miranda's makeover.   She has a very mature/matronly look - almost looks like she's in her mid 30's, but I'm guessing she's not. 

Agree with all of the above. I was happy to see more of Molly. I like her. Savannah is very pretty and charming. Miranda's too-thick and heavy hair and make-up age her I think. 

But this episode was a big snooze-fest. I like Kitty just fine, but that tutorial was not fun or entertaining to watch. 

When Madeline was talking about all the sacrifices she made and sleeping on an air mattress, I kind of cringed. I'm mean, I get it. But I guess I just don't see that as such a big deal if it is temporary. You adapt. You learn what is essential and what you can live with/live without. Part of being an adult. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

55 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

 

The makeovers...Why do they need to have the same style and cut on each girl. Come on Kelli! What happened to the each girl has her own "unique" look.

 

"Unique" is not the DCC look!  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I forgot who they were talking about but Kelli asked Judy if 'she liked her?'  And Judy said 'I don't know.' Something so laughable and snarky about that response.  No sugar-coating from her. 

**I think this was a diff conversation than some others have posted up thread about Alexandria.  Can someone let me know who they were talking about?

I heart Marshall.  Every thing he says is just so positive towards the girl.  Love him.

Edited by woodscommaelle

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, kacesq said:

SIgh. Every year I look forward to the makeovers and every year I'm disappointed. Some of the candidates looked exactly the same.

Also, every year we hear "I've never done a jump split." Why not? None of the prep classes teach it? No one ever tries before entering training camp?

RIGHT! They know what's expected, might as well master it and be ahead of the game.

Besides Robin and Holly they all have the exact hair style. It's so boring. I wish Jacie could have worn her hair when she was a DCC like she does now.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, kacesq said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

was just coming here to ask about the editing. No announcements of seconds...hmmmm....

Was Jenna a group leader last year as well?

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Yes.

10 hours ago, Ferniesfreckles said:

Yeah, some of those make-overs were no make-overs at all.

Why not some burgundy highlights on the girls with dark brown hair? Believe me, it looks so, so good. 

No drastic changes at all.

I still  have a girl-crush on Miranda. Sadly she might not make it. I'm losing hope that Brianna makes it as well. 

Kitty was not a bitch. Maybe that comes later during training camp. ?

That conference room seems too big and impersonal for the talks that go on. I guess Kelli doesn't want cameras in her office anymore. Or maybe her office is too far away from the dance room. ?

I don't think they do makeovers just for the sake of it. I guess this year they didn't need huge makeovers.

 

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

For the love of Pete, Jenna and her we are going out to the field for the kick line and jump split spiel....Why do they have to act so dramatic about it...Just freaking say hey everyone we are going out to the field to learn how to do the kick line and jump split. I thought Sydney's spiel from Season 9? was bad...

The makeovers...Why do they need to have the same style and cut on each girl. Come on Kelli! What happened to the each girl has her own "unique" look.

Savannah's smile reminds me of Heather who was cut this year. Their teeth are distracting me. Oh no! One of the TC Candidates was sleeping on an air mattress. This is a terrible!

TC Candidate Madeline reminds me of cut vet Allie. Selina was called out during her first year for weight, but she is not cut. I put her making it back under the hmmm...why was she allowed back along with Tasha when Allie was given the axe for her weight category. Yes, Allie did struggle with her weight, but I thought is much better dancer than Tasha and Selina.

And next week brings us Mentor Melissa. UGH!!!

Because it's a TV show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Not to beat a dead horse, but had they taken Katelyn, the makeover part of the episode would've been a lot more interesting. As it was, no one had an interesting makeover IMO.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but had they taken Katelyn, the makeover part of the episode would've been a lot more interesting. As it was, no one had an interesting makeover IMO.

It's gotten silly how they make a big deal about it and no one really needs one.  I definitely think they should have taken Alexandria to a darker color.  I'm so over the 90s makeup look.  The girls all look the same with the dark eye makeup, overly thick brows, and the matte beige lipstick.  I do think they offered more drastic makeovers before 2015.  Girls did have more unique looks.  All of them are the same and I'm bored.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, kacesq said:
  Reveal hidden contents

 

was just coming here to ask about the editing. No announcements of seconds...hmmmm....

Was Jenna a group leader last year as well?

  Reveal hidden contents

 

I was thinking that since Erica would have been a first with KaShara being second, they did film them all and then edited them rather than have to explain where Erica was.  Don't know how many weeks ahead of actually showing they begin editing each one.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size