Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E05: Getting the Look

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

The episode topic is spoiler free. Discuss only what was seen in the episode. Adding spoilers from knowledge gleaned from spoilers social media or rumors is not permitted in episode topics. In that spirit, don't hint spoilers either. There is more than one place to talk about the current goings-on. The spoiler free episode topic is a place for those that want to watch and talk about the episode and just the episode. You have myriad places to speak about spoilers. It's only fair that spoiler free people have a place to talk without it being ruined by hints & innuendo. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

Kelli and Bess live on Facebook (from yesterday) but it's cute :-)

Did Bess just say she "hurts cats" in her job description???? ?

4 hours ago, Dallasfan89 said:

Kinda sounded like herding cats... lol 

Yes, I listened again, you're right, herding. Well thank God someone in this world likes to heard cats. LOL!!! 

SIgh. Every year I look forward to the makeovers and every year I'm disappointed. Some of the candidates looked exactly the same.

Also, every year we hear "I've never done a jump split." Why not? None of the prep classes teach it? No one ever tries before entering training camp?

• Love 20

Glad they didn't ruin Savannah's red in a Holly/Stephanie kind of way.

Once again makeovers are not really that big of a difference.

Brianna talks like a little girl.

Christinas kick's don't look half bad.

1 minute ago, kacesq said:

Also, every year we hear "I've never done a jump split." Why not? None of the prep classes teach it? No one ever tries before entering training camp?

I don't think so, they don't practice it in studios and it's easier I think to do it in groups.

Edited by HowdeeDo
3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Glad they didn't ruin Savannah's red in a Holly/Stephanie kind of way.

Once again makeovers are not really that big of a difference.

Brianna talks like a little girl.

Christinas kick's don't look half bad.

I don't think so, they don't practice it in studios and it's easier I think to do it in groups.

thanks! I always wondered about that.

Loved Savannah's hair color. I found it very interesting that they really thought of not entering Holly or Stephanie's red.. really makes sense. But there are some times every season that sometimes they just put a curling iron to the girl's hair and call it a day.

DCC: MTT has aerial views on the practice field now?! Cmon budget!

Brianna's kicks are a lot better than auditions, but still low. But...pretty and low? 

Kalyssa is so pretty. 

• Love 2

Molly is so freaking beautiful. If you're creating a modelling agency for Brianna put her in it too.

I feel like the Alexis talk was just a gimmick to lead into a Kitty intro. The only bit they showed in practice was about a smile. I remember her from Mavs being their rockstar.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

DCC: MTT has aerial views on the practice field now?! Cmon budget!

Probably drone shots, super common now a days, most popular youtubers use them these days.

"Always be aware of where your hair is." added to the list of best quotes from this season. 

Miranda dances timidly, I don't get the hype.

• Love 1

Horrified by Kitty physically pushing Savannah.  There is no need for the physical attacks she had given the girls.  There is a difference between motivation and assault. She needs to keep her hands to herself.

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Probably drone shots, super common now a days, most popular youtubers use them these days.

"Always be aware of where your hair is." added to the list of best quotes from this season. 

Miranda dances timidly, I don't get the hype.

Awee, I'm a slice disappointed now. 

Does Miranda have hype? 

18 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

was just coming here to ask about the editing. No announcements of seconds...hmmmm....

Was Jenna a group leader last year as well?

Spoiler

Edited by kacesq
Added question; tried to delete stuff.
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Please delete that I didn't mean to spoil.

we didn't spoil anything, did we?? 

Kelli's crush on Briana is getting a bit ridiculous. Briana had no pop in that routine.

• Love 5

My husband is amazed by Judy's hair. He can't believe it's real especially after seeing all those weaves during the makeovers.

Brianna is a train wreck. I feel like they've cut other girls faster who weren't this bad.

There is one blonde girl who always looks great in her dancing shots, but I don't know her name. 

Other Maddie looks a bit like the veteran who was cut at finals this year. I don't remember her name either. I'm ashamed to say that I don't know the names of a lot of the veterans.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Judy's ".......you're sleeping on an air matress right now?" made me scream ??????

That excuse made me eyeroll, but I do feel her on living bare necessities for a little while and moving to a new place, it can be scary but she made it seem like she had nothing. 

"Oh I got furniture this week"...bish please. I really do like her though.

Erin bores me.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, woodscommaelle said:

They showed a second of Amy Leonall and she was adorable. I've never noticed her before really.

She's so stinkin adorable. She reminds me of a chipmunk, but like...in a good way. (channels Judy's 'nasty' quote)

• Love 3

Yeah, some of those make-overs were no make-overs at all.

Why not some burgundy highlights on the girls with dark brown hair? Believe me, it looks so, so good. 

No drastic changes at all.

I still  have a girl-crush on Miranda. Sadly she might not make it. I'm losing hope that Brianna makes it as well. 

Kitty was not a bitch. Maybe that comes later during training camp. ?

That conference room seems too big and impersonal for the talks that go on. I guess Kelli doesn't want cameras in her office anymore. Or maybe her office is too far away from the dance room. ?

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I thought Judy said she DID like Alexandria. Did I mishear?

I might have misheard lol

The makeovers were not as fun as I was hoping. I love makeover episodes (those are always my favorite on top model) but some of them had like 0 difference. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

That excuse made me eyeroll, but I do feel her on living bare necessities for a little while and moving to a new place, it can be scary but she made it seem like she had nothing. 

"Oh I got furniture this week"...bish please. I really do like her though.

Erin bores me.

Erin is obsessed w/ that air mattress - I think she's talked about it every time she's been shown ;)...and brought it up to K&J.  I'm gonna name her "air mattress Erin"... 

• Love 3
Just now, MyFavShows said:

Erin is obsessed w/ that air mattress - I think she's talked about it every time she's been shown ;)...and brought it up to K&J.  I'm gonna name her "air mattress Erin"... 

It's Madeline who's on the airmattress. 

• Love 2
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

It's Madeline who's on the airmattress. 

You're right...  "Air Mattress Madeline" then ;).

1 hour ago, bk10 said:

Other Maddie looks a bit like the veteran who was cut at finals this year. I don't remember her name either. I'm ashamed to say that I don't know the names of a lot of the veterans.

Yeah - Allie - she does look a lot like her. 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Ferniesfreckles said:

That conference room seems too big and impersonal for the talks that go on. I guess Kelli doesn't want cameras in her office anymore. Or maybe her office is too far away from the dance room. ?

It's so obvious that it is a conference room (huge conference table with opening in the middle for phones etc) and no computer. So it's really funny to me that someone has to lug in a couple IKEA cube shields and decorate the place to make it seem like it's Kelly's office.

I understand them wanting the tradition of doing cuts in the office but they've also done cuts at the stadium in the past and had a makeshift desk and chair. I'm not sure if I hate the conference room but I find the whole decor distracting - I spend all my time looking at whatever items they e decided to put on the shelves, and at the posters behind the girls that keep changing (see last weeks thread). 

I liked the girls waiting in the exercise room or gym area instead of the parking lot, but the shot of Erin getting cut and then descending in the elevator was ripped straight from The Apprentice. And hasn't that show already ruined enough of our lives!  No need to mess with my favorite tv show too!!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, kacesq said:

we didn't spoil anything, did we?? 

Kelli's crush on Briana is getting a bit ridiculous. Briana had no pop in that routine.

See - I love Briana too and I do think she looked better dance-wise tonight.  And her kicks have such good technique.  Lol - I'd be just like Kelli towards her - she is just so adorable, but gorgeous at the same time, and I just love her technique.   I'd have such a hard time cutting her :(.

1 hour ago, Pickles said:

I thought Judy said she DID like Alexandria. Did I mishear?

I rewinded it several times, then eventually I turned on closed captioning to be sure - but she said "I don't really like her".

I don't know why she doesn't - she's awesome - and her jump split was really good. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, kacesq said:

SIgh. Every year I look forward to the makeovers and every year I'm disappointed. Some of the candidates looked exactly the same.

They need to watch Season 4, Episode 6 - Jump Split Clinic with my faves Meredith and Kristen.  

• Love 1