Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Ashley Nolan

• Start Topic

Hi.  Depending on the situation, I can be like one of the guys or one of the girls.

If she's implying that she can adapt to social situations fairly easily, then I can see her doing pretty well and going very far.

Edited by Star Aristille

In her video she mentioned she wasn't one to take orders from the men.  We'll see how that goes.  She could be a benefit to her tribe (young, athletic, should be great in swimming challenges), but I can see where she might rub people the wrong way.  I could see her trying to take charge or form an alternate alliance and get blindsided.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Here is an interview with Josh Wigler including comments from the other castaways. She is not coming across very well given that atleast half the other players have mentioned her not smiling at all to anyone in Ponderosa.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-season-35-player-profile-meet-ashley-nolan-1032796

She gave me that impression in just her bio and video that she might be hard to work with.  Which is why I think she's either going far if she can get along and hold her own, or in for a major blindside (since they consider every vote off a blindside anymore).

• Love 1
On 9/1/2017 at 5:42 PM, LanceM said:

Here is an interview with Josh Wigler including comments from the other castaways. She is not coming across very well given that atleast half the other players have mentioned her not smiling at all to anyone in Ponderosa.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/survivor-season-35-player-profile-meet-ashley-nolan-1032796

Yeah. I think my favorite comment was this one: 

Roark Luskin (Social Worker, Healers Tribe): This [photo] is the first time I've ever seen her smile. Thank you for that image. I think that she might be afflicted with resting bitch face, which is not her fault, but I think it might be her cross to bear. 

Her remarks about other players seem really petty, too.

• Love 2

I wish there was a way that they didn't see each other ahead of time.  While that would likely be impossible and cost more money than the show may be willing to shill out, I wonder how often first impressions come back to bite someone.  Especially in a 3 tribe season, you could fall back on your first impression of someone for an easy first vote.  

That said, first impressions or not, I think Ashley is going to struggle to fit in.  She hasn't made a good impression, and I haven't been impressed with her interviews.

• Love 2

Saw this thread towards the bottom, so I thought I'd post this. I would like to see some strategy with Ashley's game. The only thing so far was her and JP as a power couple, and her aligned with Devon. The show hasn't really revisited her and JP so I hope we get to see what kind of gameplay she has going.

I actually like her from what I've seen, and I hope she can last pretty long and try to make some moves.

Edited by TVFan1
Forgot about Ashley and Devon.
  • Love 5

I totally forgot Ashely was even on this season.  Not only are the women getting picked off, but they aren’t even getting decent airtime (unless your name happens to be Chrissy).  I’m actually intrigued by her. She had a bad rap pre show that I was expecting to go in and totally hate her, but she ended up being the exact opposite of how everyone described her in their pre show assessments.  And she was smart enough to distance herself from JP early on.  But now she’s so far under the radar.  I wish she’d get some more screen time.

This season has been the Mike/Cole/Joe/Chrissy/Ryan show.

• Love 3

That link was hilarious, with people giving their impressions of her before the game.  Simone doesn't like her because she thinks Ashley is intimidated by Simone's beauty. Roarks' response (quoted above) about RBF is hilarious.   But this is my absolute favorite:

JP Hilsabeck (Firefighter, Heroes Tribe): I've kinda seen her along the way [in casting], or whatnot. It'll be interesting to get to know her. Just one of those things. Never judge a book by its cover.

Could he have said less without actually not speaking?!? LOL.

• Love 2

I find it interesting that during Josh Wigler's First One Out podcast, so many people seemed to dislike Ashley because she didn't smile a lot or otherwise project a "warm and inviting" persona.  It sounded like she'd be a pre-jury boot.  Yet, she got so far in the game.  At least on the show, she seemed nice enough, but she didn't get all that many talking heads.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:22 PM, Hanahope said:

I find it interesting that during Josh Wigler's First One Out podcast, so many people seemed to dislike Ashley because she didn't smile a lot or otherwise project a "warm and inviting" persona.  It sounded like she'd be a pre-jury boot.  Yet, she got so far in the game.  At least on the show, she seemed nice enough, but she didn't get all that many talking heads.

I can't help wondering if a man would be disliked if he didn't project a "warm and inviting persona".

• Love 4