Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 34 (2017-2018)

Athena
  • Start Topic

34 minutes ago, MrAtoz said:

I know I'm a newbie here, and maybe it's not my place to criticize the forum, but as a fellow contestant I do feel somewhat entitled to weigh in.  I have to say that all the discussion of female contestants' breast size is making me very uncomfortable.  There is a fairly active discussion going on right now on certain contestant forums, prompted mostly by Twitter comments about Suzanne's chest (and yes, she has seen those comments).  Apparently comments on their physical appearance are something that happens to most if not all female contestants, regardless of how they dress.  It's something I never realized before.  But now that I do, I feel like I should use whatever small amount of public attention I have to say that it's not cool.

I have a feeling you'll be getting record-setting "likes" for this.  Thank you.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, MrAtoz said:

I know I'm a newbie here, and maybe it's not my place to criticize the forum, but as a fellow contestant I do feel somewhat entitled to weigh in.  I have to say that all the discussion of female contestants' breast size is making me very uncomfortable.  There is a fairly active discussion going on right now on certain contestant forums, prompted mostly by Twitter comments about Suzanne's chest (and yes, she has seen those comments).  Apparently comments on their physical appearance are something that happens to most if not all female contestants, regardless of how they dress.  It's something I never realized before.  But now that I do, I feel like I should use whatever small amount of public attention I have to say that it's not cool.

Please know that discussion of contestants' appearance is very rare on this forum, and usually limited to ties, not physical attributes.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, MrAtoz said:

I feel like I should use whatever small amount of public attention I have to say that it's not cool.

So not cool... and thank you for your post, MrAtoZ.

I learned a long time ago that when I judge someone, it says more about me than it does about the person I am judging. I'm aware that if I think a negative thought, it is saying more about me than it is about the person I'm judging.

If I say, "You have a beautiful smile", that is acceptable because I'm being kind in my judgment. Positive judgments are okay and our world needs more of them!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Julia67 said:

Thank you for clarifying, MrAtoz!  I appreciate it.  I don't believe I picked up on the month gimmick either!  LOL!

Can you comment on my question about the screens?  Are they as far away as they seem to be?  Can you read them without difficulty?  It's always baffled me!

A lot of people I talked to didn't catch on to the month thing.  Often Alex explains gimmicky categories like that, but this one he didn't.  I wish he had...it would have kept me from making a couple of goofy guesses!  There have been either two reactions that I've run into:  Duh, all the answers were supposed to be months, how stupid were those contestants?, or, They were all months?  I never noticed that!

The set is somehow smaller than it looks on TV.  The podiums are a bit closer to the game board than you probably think they are, and the monitors are actually a bit bigger than you would expect.  Plus they're high-def screens, and the resolution is pretty sharp.  In any case, I didn't really have much trouble reading them.  I can't speak for anyone else, but to me the text was quite clear.

By the way, video clues are not displayed in the individual monitors.  They appear on a separate, larger monitor off to the left of the game board, near the cameras.  Remember, a couple of months ago, the contestant who answered Eminem when there was a picture of Jack White being displayed?  Her problem was that she hadn't realized that it was a video clue, so she never looked over at the appropriate monitor.  She never saw that picture of Jack White.

• Love 13
(edited)
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

VHS system even though it was redundant was commonly used when it was first introduced in the 70s until it won the war with the BETA system in the 80s.

I don't think that's why he said it that way though. He only went on when Alex prompted him to.

ETA, Re: the comments about breasts: I've been on this board for a while and TWoP for a long time before that and neither has ever been a place that encourages or tolerates misogyny or sexual violence. This is, however, a space for snark and those who get all in their feelings because contestants are occasionally made fun of won't be happy here. There's been some wickedly smart and funny snark here and I for one hope that continues.

Edited by YoureSoUrban
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Unless I mis-heard, Alex said "Good for you" for the first two contestants.

Yes, the first two contestants were Steve (with his Ken Jennings story) and Marilyn (with her BFs story).

1 hour ago, MrAtoz said:

The set is somehow smaller than it looks on TV.  The podiums are a bit closer to the game board than you probably think they are, and the monitors are actually a bit bigger than you would expect.  Plus they're high-def screens, and the resolution is pretty sharp.  In any case, I didn't really have much trouble reading them.  I can't speak for anyone else, but to me the text was quite clear.

When I was little I used to go to see TV shows filmed, like Hollywood Squares and The Tonight Show. I remember being very surprised at how much smaller the sets were than what we see on TV.

By the way, video clues are not displayed in the individual monitors.  They appear on a separate, larger monitor off to the left of the game board, near the cameras.  Remember, a couple of months ago, the contestant who answered Eminem when there was a picture of Jack White being displayed?  Her problem was that she hadn't realized that it was a video clue, so she never looked over at the appropriate monitor.  She never saw that picture of Jack White.

Very interesting! I had no idea. That explains a lot. Thanks for your insider tidbits.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, YoureSoUrban said:

don't think that's why he said it that way though. He only went on when Alex prompted him to.

But VHS system is redundant. It was a vhs regardless of saying system or recorder. And VHS was how they it was advertised.

1 hour ago, YoureSoUrban said:

... those who get all in their feelings because contestants are occasionally made fun of won't be happy here. There's been some wickedly smart and funny snark here and I for one hope that continues.

I agree! I adore snark and skillful sarcasm that doesn't disparage another person's character.

I believe the key is to have some awareness of appropriate snark. There's a fine line between being LOL funny and being a cyber bully, especially when posting anonymously. Of course, nothing is truly anonymous since You know who You are.

Saber5055 posted a remark recently that if one comment makes you dislike a person, chances are you won't like anyone (I'm paraphrasing her post about Ken Jennings' tweet - my apologies, Saber if I didn't quote you directly... looked but couldn't find it) and I'm of like mind. We all say and do things that aren't perfectly acceptable to everyone, everywhere, all the time... and we ALL need and deserve forgiveness... to a point. When it escalates to become uncomfortable and shamefully derogatory, it's time to wake up... take responsibility for our words and actions... and most importantly, to learn when to zip it and keep our rotten thoughts in our own black heart.

Cheers to funny snark! May it live forever and multiply like the rabbits in Canmore.

~the end~

• Love 7

I got fivehead from either TWOP or this site, from the Under The Dome board (I think the show straddled both sites). There was a character the posters kept calling  fivehead, I finally had to ask what that meant, and tonight for the first time it became useful info.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Twitter is full of hate as is every site that accepts comments, which is why most newspapers have closed their comment sections. One reporter I follow receives multiple death-threats every day, along with what these guys will do to her before she is murdered. A film maker I follow gets more than 100 hate/personal attack tweets in response to every tweet he puts out. Anyone who goes on any tv show needs to be familiar with social media plus have a thick skin. That's why I was critical about what Suzanne was wearing. Yeah, women of a certain build have problems finding "cute" clothes, but if you are going on national television where you will be filmed from the waist up, you dress conservatively and cover up. It's not that hard to find a couple outfits that give the haters nothing to attack; that was proven by Suzanne's third appearance when she looked great. Unfortunately, the damage was done by her first two "chesty" appearances, and, as another poster here said, let's hope she does not look at twitter.

Commenting on a contestant's poor clothing choice is not one iota close to posting how someone would like to physically abuse another person, and I'm very disappointed that anyone here even thinks it's the same.

As they say on Page Six tv, "If you don't want it on Page Six, don't do it."

Oh, I agree that on this forum the comments don't reach the level of the Twitter and other social media comments referred to in the article. My original comment was regarding my surprise at Jeopardy "fans" on Twitter (not PTV) - I tend to think of people who watch Jeopardy as somewhat more cerebral

However, I don't think those vile twitter comments were generated because of the women's clothing choice. That deep level of viciousness is lobbied at most women who do anything public. For a certain crowd, just being a woman is enough of an offense. I just didn't realize there were Jeopardy viewers within that crowd. I was naive.

6 hours ago, MrAtoz said:

You're a forum member, and a Jeopardy contestant, seems like it is indeed your place.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, YoureSoUrban said:

I don't think that's why he said it that way though. He only went on when Alex prompted him to.

ETA, Re: the comments about breasts: I've been on this board for a while and TWoP for a long time before that and neither has ever been a place that encourages or tolerates misogyny or sexual violence. This is, however, a space for snark and those who get all in their feelings because contestants are occasionally made fun of won't be happy here. There's been some wickedly smart and funny snark here and I for one hope that continues.

I can only comment  on certain forums but mostly people have lightheartedly joked about maybe someone's hairstyle (which is something that is chosen) maybe their voice or a mannerism that they have. I personally have not witnessed a lot of comments about a physical attribute that may be God given. I don't know if I'm more amused by the ignorance of some people thinking that exercise or just a good bra doesn't have something to do with it, or that it is not known that some people are just blessed with a certain shape of breast.  age does not mean that they're going to be at your knees . Jeopardy is supposed to be a someone intellectual show. I find it  Interesting that people would be sidetracked by something that was not even that distasteful. I found it annoying that some people think that others should try to disguise one of their personal features just because it makes other people uncomfortable.  me thinks the problem lies with them and not with that person. She was dressed appropriately for a game show, I've seen way worse.  She was not in a place of business or church.  trust me when they are the certain size nothing you wear is going to disguise them. It's all about the angles.   You can be covered head-to-toe up to your neck and they're still going to be there.   hopefully she is lucky enough to be around people that care more about who she is than what she looks like. She was a deserving champ that performed admirably and I wish her well

• Love 16

I'm glad people don't mind a bit of snark as long as it doesn't get nasty about people's appearance, because good grief, Marilyn's second story today was even duller than her first: "My 89 year old grandfather watches Jeopardy but he couldn't be here today." Well, she flamed out big time, before she got to tell us how slowly her grass grows or something. Lauren seems a lot livelier, so I hope she enjoys a good run.

Of today's TS's, I knew Baltimore, Maytag, the Gang of 4, and neurotic. I guessed CVS (the pharmacy) for FJ.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, MrAtoz said:

Suzanne's not a librarian; she's a museum education manager.  I'm the librarian.  But then, I did badly in the books category, too, because I didn't catch on to the "month" gimmick. :-)

No need to apologize. I actually thank you for your comment. We all have our opinions and point of view and yours deserves to be expressed just as everyone else's I'm actually a little sad and that in a week where we had a couple of shows that really showcased some very intelligent women that we spent these comments talking about physical appearance. I've been watching Jeopardy a long time and I remember when it was rare to have a female contestant, let alone three female contestants in one day and have them all perform amazingly well. I thought that was worthy of comment and have really enjoyed some of the games this week.

• Love 11

Congrats to Lauren - she seems like a very good player. As the proud posessor of a high forehead, I loved that "five-head" was a clue. When it's occasionally commented on, I always say it's to contain all my brains. It's actually a family trait - in pictures there's no question that we're all related, with our shiny five-heads.

Totally whiffed FJ today. Oh well.

• Love 9
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Kathira said:

Congrats to Lauren - she seems like a very good player.

I liked her too. She reminds me of an upbeat Aubrey Plaza. 

I got FJ as I knew that QVC stood for Quality, Value, Convenience. Maybe they mentioned that in the movie, Joy, about the Miracle Mop inventor, Joy Mangano, who sold them on there. 

Adjectives about cats in a game featuring all women contestants seemed a little sexist to me. 

I knew Baltimore, Maytag, the Gang of 4, and neurotic too. 

Edited by DrScottie
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, GreekGeek said:

I'm glad people don't mind a bit of snark as long as it doesn't get nasty about people's appearance, because good grief, Marilyn's second story today was even duller than her first: "My 89 year old grandfather watches Jeopardy but he couldn't be here today." Well, she flamed out big time, before she got to tell us how slowly her grass grows or something. Lauren seems a lot livelier, so I hope she enjoys a good run.

Of today's TS's, I knew Baltimore, Maytag, the Gang of 4, and neurotic. I guessed CVS (the pharmacy) for FJ.

Today was not a good day for me. I was a little disappointed because I've been having a good week.

• Love 2

In our local Indy Star paper today, is a nice article about our fellow poster, Scott.  He tells the interesting background info, and he auditioned 3 times.  He mentions he & his wife would like to tour England but they wont take their corgi/mix, Peanut with them :) And a nice photo of Scott & Alex accompanies the story.  

• Love 9

Those comments on twitter towards the women contestants are obviously uncalled for and way over the line.  

My wife though has a list of things she hates on men and women on game shows :

No man buns

No men with shirts unbuttoned down below the nipples

No women with low hanging shirts to show cleavage :  especially true on the Wheel when they have to bend over to spin

Not big on tattoos that show either, though small ones may be acceptable. 

Not a long list, but very few exceptions to them, in her mind.  You rarely see any of these though on Jeopardy. 

• Love 6

I was not surprised that the middle woman ran the Bible category. She seemed a little Sunday school instructor-ish. 

Wow, champion from first to worst. But I think I felt worse about it than she did. A good sport in her spinout, not surly, so good for her (drink!). I did kind of laugh when she guessed Rocky Balboa and Alex had to explain afterwards that the answers would be real people.

New champ seems solid. Hope she sticks around awhile.

• Love 8

Lauren was awesome and I think Alex is smitten, esp. after she aced the French category. Beth was impressive as well. I figured Marilyn would be a one and done but she didn’t show up today at all.

For TS I got Baltimore, Joe Louis, the Gang of Four, and Ithaca. I had no clue for FJ; it would have taken me 100 years to get QVC.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DrScottie said:

Adjectives about cats in a game featuring all women contestants seemed a little sexist to me. 

Nobody behind the scenes knows which board is going to be played when, or who the contestants will be at any given time. So the category could just as easily have turned up in a game where all the contestants were men. Apparently none of the three were "cat ladies," since they saved it for last. Alex commented on the fact.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, GreekGeek said:

Nobody behind the scenes knows which board is going to be played when, or who the contestants will be at any given time. So the category could just as easily have turned up in a game where all the contestants were men. Apparently none of the three were "cat ladies," since they saved it for last. Alex commented on the fact.

Was that the round that also had the sports writers category?  I'm glad they avoided stereotype and went to that one early. I think it had some TS, but I got them all :)

• Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, GreekGeek said:

11 minutes ago, opus said:

Was that the round that also had the sports writers category?  I'm glad they avoided stereotype and went to that one early. I think it had some TS, but I got them all :)

I guess this game did include stereotypical categories for both men and women. My apologies for not recognizing that from earlier.  

Sports writers were in the first round, cats were in DJ. I had gotten all the cats and all the sports too. 

51 minutes ago, YoureSoUrban said:

Lauren was awesome and I think Alex is smitten, esp. after she aced the French category. Beth was impressive as well.

I'm a bit smitten too with Lauren. I liked Beth also as she's a Wisconsinite and I spent 5 great years there. Did not expect the crash and burn from Marilyn. 

Edited by DrScottie
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, peeayebee said:

When I was little I used to go to see TV shows filmed, like Hollywood Squares and The Tonight Show. I remember being very surprised at how much smaller the sets were than what we see on TV.

I think that's by design. I'm a huge fan of What's My Line (the 1950s/60s version), which was filmed inside a theater for at least part of its run, meaning that it was very difficult for the panel's questions to be heard by the guest, and vice versa. Half the time John Charles Daly played interpreter because no one on stage could hear anyone sitting on the other side of the stage. I think TV learned from those kinds of experiences.

• Love 3

Another goofy basketball game!  Grrrrr!  Thank the Jeopardy! gods for YouTube.

Wow, poor Marilyn really flamed out, but she got a "good for you".  Drink!  ?. Congrats to Lauren!  That was an impressive win.  And she's normal!

I was expecting Alex to have an out and out spell and start happy dancing when I saw that French Toasts category.  ?

I got Marines, Gang of Four, and El Salvador.

FJ was beyond an instaget.  I had the answer written down before Alex finished reading the clue.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, PaulaO said:

I had no idea re: FJ! even though I watch QVC.  I have also never heard of fivehead.  

I've only heard the acronym and never knew what it stood for, so I flopped (hesitantly said "Tru-Value?" but decided that was definitely wrong). Never heard of five head either (but our signal was scrambling during that clue, so I wasn't really sure what they were asking for).

I really like Lauren. She played well and is personable. I did feel sorry for the champ.

• Love 4

By the way, as soon as Lauren mentioned her website featuring royal jewelry, etc., I realized that, royal obsessed Anglophile that I am,  I've been to her site. It's The Court Jeweler  It's definitely her - she posted about her Jeopardy appearance and the "About" page gives her name and background. She's definitely a smart cookie with a Ph.D in British literature.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Kathira said:

By the way, as soon as Lauren mentioned her website featuring royal jewelry, etc., I realized that, royal obsessed Anglophile that I am,  I've been to her site. It's The Court Jeweler  It's definitely her - she posted about her Jeopardy appearance and the "About" page gives her name and background. She's definitely a smart cookie with a Ph.D in British literature.

I was expecting AT to say that at a recent tea with QEII, she gave him a private showing of the Crown Jewels and even let him try on a crown. Because, you know he's special!

• Love 12

Well, she flamed out big time, before she got to tell us how slowly her grass grows

Or how she watches paint dry.

Holy cow. Lauren has no quirks. Not one. What fun is that? We'll have to snark on her opponents.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, PaulaO said:

I had no idea re: FJ! even though I watch QVC.  I have also never heard of fivehead.  

There's also two-head.  An example is Teresa Guicide (sp?) from Real Housewives of New Jersey. 

I didn't hear about five-head until reading the Under the Dome forum.  Was that the first?

• Love 1
(edited)

Grrrr!  I was out last night, but dutifully set my DVR to record Jeopardy!  Unfortunately, there was a severe thunderstorm during the show, so the signal was lost and I missed all of the second round and FJ!  The signal came back as the credits were rolling.  Boo, hiss.

I did get to see Lauren dominate the French category, and cause Alex to fall hopelessly in love with her -- he didn't even pretend to try to correct her pronunciations!  Pretty funny.  Marilyn's story wasn't much better than Thursday's, but I'm glad she got to say hi to her grandfather.  It might have been better for Alex to have asked about that the first night.

Of the (few) clues I got to see, I got the TS of Joe Louis and Maytag.  I don't think I would have gotten FJ -- I don't watch any of the shopping channels.

Edited by Browncoat
One should always spell people's names correctly
  • Love 1

I can’t snark on boring stories.  I lead a boring life.  Here are my J! stories.  1. I am a librarian who owns a cat and a horse.  The cat is Ursala and the horse is Ariel.  They came with those names and I have never seen The Little Mermaid.  2. I came in last in a walking 5K.  3. I flew 4,000 miles to see The Rolling Stones.  

I hope Lauren flames out.  WINK WINK.  She has potential to make the ToC.

• Love 12

Congratulations to new champ, Lauren.  She was very impressive. I figured Marilyn would be a one and done but I felt badly for her not making it to FJ.

My ts's were Joe Louis, marines, and Gang of Four.  I said Value Village for FJ.  I've heard of QVC but didn't know what the letters stood for.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/2/2018 at 9:14 PM, Mindthinkr said:

My boyfriend was so busy looking at Suzanne’s chest that he hardly could read the clues. I told him all bets are off. Tomorrow he has to root for Jim. There were 13 TS-er’s. Is that a record? 

Ok. I was the person who began the commentary about Suzanne’s figure with this comment. I wasn’t trying to say anything about her other than she distracted my boyfriend. I’m very sorry now for having posted it as the whole thing has turned into something that I never meant to happen. In one way I’m glad it did. I had no clue that the women on this show were so judged out there on social media and this has taught me that comments about someone’s looks are inappropriate here (most other threads). My apologies for beginning something I had no intention of starting. 

I was very impressed by Lauren last night. She was quick and did a great showing of her wide ranged intelligence. For TSERS I got Baltimore, Marines, El Salvador, Maytag and ran the cat category. I had no clue about FJ. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 14
36 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

comments about someone’s looks are inappropriate here

I don't think that all comment on appearance has to be automatically banished. After all, we regularly remark on whether or not male contestants are hot, or complain if they have pornstaches, manbuns, etc. I think it's OK to say you liked some aspect of a contestant's appearance or manner of dress. Negative comments are more tricky. I think the key is that it shouldn't be too personal or sexual, especially where features that can't be changed are concerned. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PaulaO said:

I can’t snark on boring stories.  I lead a boring life.  Here are my J! stories.  1. I am a librarian who owns a cat and a horse.  The cat is Ursala and the horse is Ariel.  They came with those names and I have never seen The Little Mermaid.  2. I came in last in a walking 5K.  3. I flew 4,000 miles to see The Rolling Stones.  

I hope Lauren flames out.  WINK WINK.  She has potential to make the ToC.

After lots of crazy times in my 20s and 30s, my life is finally boring. I have to say I'm happier than I have ever been because boring means stability, which I never had in my youth. I do have great stories, if I ever make the show, but there's nothing wrong with being boring! 

The comments on physical appearance here always surprise me because I assume Jeopardy viewers are a bit classier. I'm glad it's finally being discussed because it was uncomfortable during Suzanne's time on the show. There are posters I've muted beause they have been crass about a contestant's appearance, whether it's about how attractive one is or how unattractive they are. If I have to start ignoring posters I probably won't be shouldn't be on a board. 

I used to be very active on another forum, but I got so tired of the vitriol that would be spewed about any litigant (it's a court show) who wasn't thin. Why it's considered acceptable to pick on someone's weight is beyond me. I hate bullies. 

Regarding the game, I was watching with four other people from Pennsylvania, and none of us got FJ correct. I said True Value, knowing it was wrong. The new champ was very impressive. 

• Love 13
22 hours ago, PaulaO said:

I got Loch Lomond only because I was there a few weeks ago.  It's even prettier than the picture in the clue.

We played the song in band in high school (a fantastic arrangement by Frank Ticheli). I remembered the words of the song, which were quoted in the clue.

I had never heard of QVC, and also guessed Valu-Mart, though I was certain it was wrong.

• Love 3

The first time I heard the term fiveheadhead was from Tyra Banks when she was describing her big forehead and then they also started applying it to the singer Rihanna. Outside of that I had never heard the term before, but it became more common  a few years ago.  

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

didn't hear about five-head until reading the Under the Dome forum.  Was that the first?

No it’s been around longer than that. Not sure if he was the first for it to be applied to but one of the earliest and most prominent was James Vanderbeek/Dawson on Dawson’s Creek. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

I got Maytag only because I had Maytag blue cheese years ago and remembered the name.  I thought it was odd that a company made cheese and appliances.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, PaulaO said:

I got Maytag only because I had Maytag blue cheese years ago and remembered the name.  I thought it was odd that a company made cheese and appliances.

I was completely baffled by that one, I thought I had missed something in the clue or the answer, maybe was thinking the wrong category.  Maytag Blue Cheese?  I had no idea. 

But then, I also hate Blue Cheese.  ANd I hate it when it gets mixed up with ranch dressing. 

And Unilever I discovered makes my soap and one of my favorite ice cream bars, Magnum (no, not the condom brand).  So I shouldn't be too shocked

• Love 4
1 hour ago, PaulaO said:

I got Maytag only because I had Maytag blue cheese years ago and remembered the name.  

Thanks for the info. I never heard of that. Like DrSpaceman, I was sure I had misheard/misread the clue.

That one sports writer used bacon as a bookmark? Very odd. I love bacon, but I don't want it to grease up my books.

When Alex read the category name "Unbelievable", was he doing the "Inconceivable!" bit from The Princess Bride?

I got Joe Louis, abolitionist, Marines, and El Salvador.

I did not get FJ. I was thinking along internet companies, but I guess 1986 was a bit too early. 

Lauren is a very appealing contestant. I hope she continues to do well.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, DrSpaceman said:

I was completely baffled by that one, I thought I had missed something in the clue or the answer, maybe was thinking the wrong category.  Maytag Blue Cheese?  I had no idea. 

But then, I also hate Blue Cheese.  ANd I hate it when it gets mixed up with ranch dressing. 

And Unilever I discovered makes my soap and one of my favorite ice cream bars, Magnum (no, not the condom brand).  So I shouldn't be too shocked

Ditto on the Maytag AND the blue cheese (ick). I had no idea about Unilever either (Magnums are indeed tasty).

29 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

That one sports writer used bacon as a bookmark? Very odd. I love bacon, but I don't want it to grease clueup my books.

This inquiring mind wanted to know - was it raw or crisply cooked? Either way, that's worse than dog-earing a book.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

This inquiring mind wanted to know - was it raw or crisply cooked? Either way, that's worse than dog-earing a book.

The bacon or dog-earing...either is heresy. I’d rather choose to think that it was a snapshot of Kevin Bacon. 

• Love 6