Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Week 4, Night 2

• Start Topic

So it's Emily, the main one, who has the better vagina? Oh, that explains sooooo much. Or wait, did she just say she did and Haley, being Haley and unable to have a thought of her own just went along with it. Or are they really one person but one is just a mirror of the other who has manifested so that we all see her. They are a Steven King novel waiting to happen. (I've had too many cookies. I'm high on sugar)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

God help her if Emily ever moves away or gets married first, what will Haley do? 

I really thought one of them was going to die when Chris Soules kept the one and sent the other one home.

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

So it's Emily, the main one, who has the better vagina? Oh, that explains sooooo much. Or wait, did she just say she did and Haley, being Haley and unable to have a thought of her own just went along with it. Or are they really one person but one is just a mirror of the other who has manifested so that we all see her. They are a Steven King novel waiting to happen. (I've had too many cookies. I'm high on sugar)

I hate myself for remembering this, but I'm pretty sure Haley was the one with the "better vagina." 

As for which one is smarter, I actually think it might be Emily. 

I really thought one of them was going to die when Chris Soules kept the one and sent the other one home.

Yeah, didn't they have to make a trip to Vegas to the twins' home so they could see each other? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

Yeah, didn't they have to make a trip to Vegas to the twins' home so they could see each other? 

I forgot about this, but now that you mention it, yes, I think they did.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

I hate myself for remembering this, but I'm pretty sure Haley was the one with the "better vagina." 

As for which one is smarter, I actually think it might be Emily. 

Right on both counts.  In their first season with Ben, Emily was a stand out hockey player, spunky and fun, and Ben sort of started liking her.  When it came time to cut Haley, Ben kindly took her to her mother's house to let her down "with support" (a whole herd of mini-dachshunds came to the door!) and the twins mother sort of explained to Ben that Haley was the quieter less outgoing one, there was a subtle " and Haley's not quite as smart," under tone to it all. 

They were younger and sweeter then.  I think the show has probably scripted most of their lines.  They can barely say things like the "those whores" line without laughing. 

The easiest way to tell them apart is Emily has earrings going all the way up her ear shell and Haley just has a couple in the ear lobe.

• Love 2

Across all of their seasons, I don't think the thought ever once crossed my mind to even attempt to tell them apart or even learn that they had names beyond "the twins." I'm not sure whether that's a poorer reflection on me or on them.

In other news, i made scallops for dinner tonight. I'd drop a couple in memorandum of Scallop Fingers, but they're so good that I understood why she hoarded them.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

They were younger and sweeter then. 

When they were on Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team I found them awfully annoying, but then I actually liked them on Ben's season.

3 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I think the show has probably scripted most of their lines.  They can barely say things like the "those whores" line without laughing. 

I could NOT agree more!  They were ok on Ben's season, but then TPTB went overboard and fed them ridiculous (and IMO not remotely funny) lines to play up the dumb blonde nonsense.

• Love 2

Also agree. Best thing that ever happened was to separate them the way Ben did. We actually got to know Emily (I guess it was) a little bit, and I kinda liked her then. I got the sense that if they'd just met under regular circumstances, she and Ben could even have dated for a while and hit it off pretty well. But as a pair, they're just such a cliché, and a forced one at that, which makes it a lot less fun for me. I didn't even hate them last season on BIP. Drunk whichever-one-of-them-is-a-raging-lightweight was actually pretty hilarious, as I recall. But I did not enjoy them here at all. If they come back, I'd actually much prefer that only one of them come back. One at a time, they might actually be people. As a set, they're just a caricature.

• Love 4
On 9/12/2017 at 11:15 AM, ljenkins782 said:

I like to be entertained too, but the twins' "sense of humor" is so painfully stilted and stupid that I can't enjoy them. They act like they're 14, not 24, and pushing the dumb blonde stereotype to the limit is so trite. I don't think these two could identify sarcasm if it bit them in the ass. 

I did notice that Emily said she was 'livid' over the date situation and you could almost see the thought bubble cross her mind that she's not supposed to use words beyond the 2nd grade level so she teed Haley up to turn it into another dumb blonde moment, which she of course did, because she's so clearly the follower. 

I kinda like the dumb blonde bit lol. I think this is more a reflection of the entertainment/interest value of the other cast members than of the twins themselves. They don't have much to compete with in terms of comedic timing and jokes go. Well there's Wells and he turned into the king of petty, so yeah...not much competition. Anyway, I still like 'em lol :)