Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Week 4, Night 2

• Start Topic

A new female arrival doubles her odds by liking both sexes; hopeful heartbreakers return to Paradise and target other women's men; a double-dater bails out to spend more time with the woman he's serious about; two bachelorettes storm out, cursing the close-knit couples who caused their downfall.

One of the twins likes Derek, I wish she would shake things up with him and Taylor but I'm sure it's not going to happen. The other likes Dean, being that he has been acting like a horny teenager she might stand a chance.

* edited to say I just read the synopsis above so sounds like the twins strike out and leave.

Wells is such a gossipy hen, it's a turn off.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 5

Next week: The SHOCKING finale! Ha ha ha. Right. And Corinne and Demario see and talk to each other FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE BIP! Yeah, Harrison, that's if you don't count Corinne hanging off of Demario and kissing him when they came out of some club last week. (TM TMZ)

• Love 10

Dominique's rundown of "this couple" is the new "that couple": I totally thought she was going to say, "Amanda and Robby are the new Amanda and Josh."

I can't stand the twins. Everything about that was painful. I'm glad they got rejected by whom they considered the "reject" guys. Loved Jack Stone's rundown that the twins will go home, watch Frozen, and play with their fidget spinners. Accurate. Also liked Robby's response to the "F*ck all of yoooou!": an incredulous, "What did I do?"

What is a "rose pallapa"?!? Did Harrison just have an aneurism?

Edited to add: So a palapa is the actual Mexican name for the open-air, thatched roof structure where they have the rose ceremony.

Edited by JenE4
The More You Know!
  • Love 20
Just now, Ohwell said:

Crap I was watching tennis and forgot this was even on tonight.  Can someone give me a brief synopsis of what happened?  Thanks!

I had this on in the background so didn't watch closely, but from what I saw they brought the twins in and they wanted Derek and Dean who turned them down. So they asked Tickle Monster (who she didn't want) and Jack Stone on a double date, at the last minute Jack Stone backed out because he wanted to stay with Scallop girl (Christen?) and that ticked the twins off and they left.

• Love 3

Now that I know there's soon to be an end in sight, I feel a little better. This show has been the worst display of the degeneration of our society.  Sure makes one feel hopeless to know this is the future.

• Love 18

Okay we've had lots of penis talk this year, which was pretty low in itself, but now we've had the twins letting us know they've compared parts and then telling us who has the best -- whatever -- I'm not sure they know the right names for things. This is all lower than I want to go.  I am 100 percent possibly not going to watch next year.

• Love 21

The twins are unbearable. Calling the women shallow hoes? Not cool. And hypocritical. (Sorry couldn't resist!)

ive watched every episode this season barely looking up from my iPad. That's not a good sign. 

Jack Stone is hot.  I think he nad punched Robby because it was for cameras but I may be wrong. Robby looks like he could do with a few good punches to his nads anyway. 

• Love 9

Bless your heart, Live2Travel. I watch this show for the same reason, to escape from real life. But this season has been worse than real life. As dizzyd so aptly put it: "This show has been the worst display of the degeneration of our society. Sure makes one feel hopeless to know this is the future." Where do we go from here? At least next week Chris Harrison promises us a SHOCKING FINALE! *sarcasm*

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, srpturtle80 said:

Are the twins really that dumb or is it all an act? I'm going with the former. They drive me nuts.

I did not watch Rachel's season so I am unfamiliar with the majority of these guys. Why do they call Jack Stone a serial killer? 

Jack had a really, really, really awkward date with Rachel.  He'll randomly smile and flash those teeth at times where it seemed inappropriate.  Also, everyone always calls him by his full name, like James Bond.

HOWEVER..... now that I've seen how Wells and Dean seem on BIP as opposed to their nearly immaculate, adorable, vulnerable stints on The Bachelorette?  I think it might have been all editing.

The Twins comparing their vaginas was the weirdest.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Live2Travel said:

I like mindless TV and one of the reasons is to help me get my mind off serious stuff so I don't obsess about what's happening in the world and get overly depressed.  I guess now society's devolved enough that even crappy TV shows are mean-spirited and nasty.  This show at least had funny moments in the past...guess those days are gone.  Ugh. It's so bad I felt compelled to "delurk" and comment!! 

Lol....how about watching 'Big Bang Theory', or old episodes of 'Columbo'....for some entertaining, mindless t.v.?!

A gift?  For me?  Just a one-hour show tonight?  You really shouldn't have.

Is there a bigger - if tacit - admission that this season has been a damp squib?  Find love?  These plonkers can't find the bathroom.

Would any other show's finale or penultimate episode be half the length of a standard episode?  Isn't that the antithesis of a climax?

Dominique describes the mood as interesting and intense.  Of course, these are the only two adjectives she seems to know so whether it's actually intense or interesting is up to the viewer to determine.  It doesn't seem intense for the Bippers who display the same sleepy, bored, impatient expressions they've had throughout.   God help the editor who is told to catch these people smiling because it occurs very rarely.

Jaimi arrives as tipped off yesterday.  She still has her corkscrew hair.  And her nose bullring.  Because male or female, straight, gay or bi we all are attracted to someone who looks in low lighting as if they've just sneezed and might need a handkerchief.  Aren't we?

Despite (planted) musings that Jaimi might pursue a female (does the female get a choice or is she expected to abandon heterosexuality upon request?), she goes the conventional route and chooses Diggy much to the consternation of Dominique.  Jaimi describes her brand of bisexuality as 'going with the flow, whoever I'm attracted to in the moment.'  It doesn't sound like proper bisexuality as much as it sounds like bone idle laziness and a pair of beer goggles always at the ready.  Diggy dutifully declares that he can understand her logic.  Logic?  What logic?!?  An illogical locking of lips follows.

The twins arrive and it is revealed they've moved to LA from Las Vegas.  It's always been rather suspect that two attractive, shapely girls living in Sin City couldn't find boyfriends especially given the transient nature of the tourist mecca with the added intrigue/curiosity/kink factor of identical twins.  They remain kooky and not very well read.  I admit they've grown on me and their double act in which one acts as the Greek chorus for the other's story or joke is mildly amusing.  Credit to the editors for allowing the camera to linger and get their full reactions and credit to the twins for tongues fully implanted in cheeks as they mock the entire shambles.

Unfortunately, the twins have been given a Kamikaze mission from which there is no safe return and the odds of success are long indeed.  They've picked out their crushes and are armed with a date card.  But hang on - if they know their target how can they claim not to know that each lad is heavily involved with a female already?  We learned in a previous season that despite their Vegas roots the twins don't drink (although Emily was coaxed into having a beer with disastrous results).  And so, having been predictably rejected by the objects of their affection, the stone cold sober twins lose the plot anyway by hoisting middle fingers and swearing extensively on camera.  They probably knew they were brought in strictly for comic relief but they never seem to take it all very seriously anyway.

Wells tries a bad Aussie accent he admits shifts into Scottish territory.

Danielle is trying mightily to get into the spirit of things but surely she looks at Dean and sees mutton dressed as lamb.  They will become near-strangers again when it's all over.  And speaking of over, it really IS over.  Last day.  Some look stunned.  Most look relieved - CH foremost among them.

And then...back in the room.  Or the studio, to be precise.  Lots of mouth-agape reaction shots from Bippers and gormless audience members.  An engagement ring shown on-screen - guess who?  CH utters a mild oath.  They are practically begging us to watch the Tell All episode even when there doesn't seem to be much to tell.

Oh God No.  It's Corinne & DeMario again:  The Final Conflict.  Corinne will play sweet, innocent and virginal - just don't mention the two dozen photos of her in the Daily Mail this week that showed her in the usual too-small bikini drinking, chain-smoking and cavorting with a male companion in - wait for it - Las Vegas.  DeMario wears a shirt that is a size too small even for his skinny frame and there are large puckered gaps between the buttons.  Will the other Bippers have the presence of mind to blame these two for interrupting the season and completely ruining the mood?

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Live2Travel said:

I like mindless TV and one of the reasons is to help me get my mind off serious stuff so I don't obsess about what's happening in the world and get overly depressed.  I guess now society's devolved enough that even crappy TV shows are mean-spirited and nasty.  This show at least had funny moments in the past...guess those days are gone.  Ugh. It's so bad I felt compelled to "delurk" and comment!! 

So well put, Live2Travel. In past seasons, there were annoying people but for the most part they weren't mean. I couldn't imagine anyone in this vapid, self-centered crew being as genuine and caring as Jade was to Carly when Kirk blindsided her.  

If anyone who is part of the selection process is reading this -- Ben Z for Bachelor. Bring Zeus. 

Come to think of it, Kaitlyn had a group of decent guys her season: Ben Z, Tanner, Jared (who, despite his own triangle scenario last season with Ashley I and Caila never succumbed to Dean-levels of d-bagging).

I didn't think the twins could get more annoying. 

Oh, and Jack Stone. Frozen and fidget spinners. (Anyone else thinks he looks a bit like Val from DWTS?)

It was a long hour. I was multitasking for what I thought was a long time when I saw it was still only half past. 

Edited by kazza
  • Love 5

Regarding Jack Stone being a serial killer--he had a way of lowering his chin and brow when he smiled that gave him a very creepy, almost evil appearance.  Maybe he worked on fixing that habit since I haven't seen him give that look on BIP.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The Twins comparing their vaginas was the weirdest.

The oddest was that it was like "Oh this is totally covered ground." as they both simultaneously agreed who had the better vagina.

I find the pissed off twins hilarious and saying "Turns out they are dating ugly, shallow whores." may have been the funniest thing from the whole season. Were I drinking I'd have done a spit take. Tasteless and uncalled for, but funny. Loved their revulsion at the fact that they had now become Scallop Fingers (which turned out to not be a vegetable...).

And then CH says 'The miracle is over, we're leaving Paradise!!' (again). But they won't DARE to leave us without trotting out 'The Two Who Ruined Paradise' one more time via a studio show. Something to really look forward to.

• Love 6

"the Twins!  They're HOT!"  

Really?  they've got hair that's straightened and extended and dyed yellow, whitened teeth that jut out just a little too far, and a ton of eye makeup.  Along with almost matching off-the-shoulder dresses that look like they're falling off.   these twins aren't even real people.  They are a collection of body parts.

But "hot"?   No, I don't see it.  I think the "hotness"  the guys are seeing is just some weird male fantasy of being in bed with two girls at once.   Most of the women on this show are better looking than the twins.   And it's pretty clear they have one brain cell, and take turns using it. 

Here's a conversation that most women have never had:  "Oh what a pretty vagina! I wish mine was as pretty as yours!"  

• Love 23

I thought the twins brought some life to the show even though they have their issues of course.  I did think the guys could have just had some fun and gone on a fun date, so that was kind of dumb to have it end the way it did.  It is BIP, not everyone will actually get married after being there type show.  And I do agree that it is a waste of time to have people come in so late in the game if they are going to pretend an actual relationship could take place from this show.  Just go ahead and bring everyone on at once in the beginning...it might actually allow some mingling.

• Love 4

This used to be my favorite guilty pleasure Summer show, but this season was awful. I deleted the episode with 20 minutes left.

They need to re-tool it.  Bringing people in just to stir up the pot with a week left is old.  Having people couple up just to get the Neil Lane diamond (knowing that they'll break up immediately after filming) is old.  The resort and all the sweaty faces is old.  

I recommend a return to Bachelor Pad.  Equal number of guys/girls.  Make it a contest for money. 

• Love 16

Sweeter words were never heard, by cast and audience alike, than those of Chris Harrison saying "BIP ends tomorrow."  Except for the twins throwing scallops and cusswords around liberally, no one besides Deanie Baby (Corinne and DeMario don't count because we never saw them do anything) really acted that egregiously. Instead they were all bored to death. But seriously, have you ever seen a show where so many famehoes just got up and left a free paid vacation on the beach? Unlike us, they were living it and couldn't tivo through the boring parts.

Whenever I see Taylor smile it's because I think she's imagining thousands of new Instagram followers and a televised wedding ala Jade and Tanner, and not because of her love for Derek. Unfortunately for her, I don't think Bachelor nation can get over their first impression of her as the snobby, full of herself mental health counselor she gave us on Nick's season. And who needs Derek when we have John Krasinski and Emily Blunt in real life? Too bad for us, though, as I foresee a long road ahead of Chris Harrison trotting them out on his after shows.

But I imagine no one can be more bummed out by her stay in paradise than Amanda. Zero camera time and Robby as the booby prize. Even the editors appear to be done with her, so I can safely assume she'll be watching the Bachelor Winter Olympics from her sectional. 

All that's left for us now is the inevitable unveiling of Peter as the next Bachelor since BIP failed to turn any of these frogs into a franchise-worthy prince. Wells, Ben Z, Ziggy, the Tickle Monster, etc. all failed to achieve what Nick did so effortlessly. No one else seems able to carry a season like Peter will. So I fear we are headed for another very special sit down with Chris where Peter talks about all the weeks of self-reflection he's gone through since breaking up with Rachel, sitting on his bathroom floor curled up in the fetal position, and how he's grown since then and is now willing to take a chance and let his walls come down because he's seen how the process really works. You can bet for the first time they put a clause in his contract that he has to get engaged before they give him the gig.  

• Love 9

I laugh every time during Dean's opening credits. What was obviously supposed to  look like a playful spit take failed and it looks like he's vomiting water all over the the pool deck.

The twins are a "national treasure"? They are vile and arrogant. Please get off my screen. 

• Love 10

PS - Dim Dean is actually described as 'emotionally distraught' at the precise moment he's in the pool in the morning doing a tall shot of tequila and sucking on a lime.  No doubt the production crew were doing the same as they anticipated returning to the States.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rainsong said:

PS - Dim Dean is actually described as 'emotionally distraught' at the precise moment he's in the pool in the morning doing a tall shot of tequila and sucking on a lime.  No doubt the production crew were doing the same as they anticipated returning to the States.

thanks for reminding me!  that was the highlight of the show.  The voice-over that Dean is distraught, while the video shows him doing tequila shots in the pool!  

32 minutes ago, huskerj12 said:

4. The whole scallop fingers thing which was not only completely unfunny the first time, but got beat into the ground over and over by a group of cackling "cool kids" to make fun of someone

that was really gross and bullying of them, especially when Amanda talked about it to a newcomer.   Her tone was "yeah, we call her scallop fingers, she's gross, don't be friends with her."  Amanda, junior high is over.  it's going to be time for you to teach your kids to NOT bully others, show by example. 

• Love 13