Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Week 4, Night 1

• Start Topic

Amanda always looks like she's posing. She and Ken-doll are perfectly vapid together.

Raven is a mean girl, but then so is Wells.

The subtle and not-so-subtle judgment from her castmates about Christen being someone who actually eats - this is why people wind up with eating disorders. 

I get why Kristina felt as she did, but OMG the drama. If I was a dude, it would be just too much. I suspect Dean wants to have fun. D-Lo seems fun, Kristina seems like work. 

I would have loved to be on the date they sent Fred and Blake on. I mean, not with Blake, maybe with Fred (rawr), but the activities looked like a total blast. Best date I've seen in paradise thus far. 

Jasmine reeks of desperation and just wanting to hook up. The thirst is real. 

The only couple who seems to have real chemistry is Taylor (yuck) and Derek. However, my advice to Derek would be to run like hell, because a) she's very young; and b) she's always right, and you will always be the one who has to apologize, no matter what went down. 

I think the only one who won here is Benzie. He had a nice beach vacation and went home to his dog.

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Love 22
6 minutes ago, waving feather said:

He speaks exactly like him. When Chris Harrison retires, he can take over. LOL.

That's probably what Wells is auditioning for!

23 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Dean really should have been honest with Kristina. "look, you're hot and all, but you're kind of high maintenance as far as relationships go. D-Lo is willing to fuck me without all this emotional crap getting in the way, so I'm a gonna go bang her now. If you want to stick around, great, but I'm really not into all the talking about feelings and crap. Just touch my dick and make out with me instead of all the yapping."

Nailed it.

• Love 6

I feel bad that Christina let herself get caught up in this Dean love-triangle thing.  When the show began and she first came in on the beach, she was a bit of a hot commodity, many of the guys seemed interested.  She went from that to spending her days in Paradise pouting alone on a bed crying, and gave up having a shot with one of the other guys.  She took herself out of it, it was kind of hard to watch.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 13

Kristina came on the show to actually find a boyfriend. I don't think anyone else (even Derek and Taylor) came on the show with that attitude.

Dean is such a crap human being. Who the hell says out loud that they know they're making a wrong move, they hate themselves for it, they know they'll regret it, but then they do it anyway?! Dean is a master of self-sabotage and Kristina is an emotional cutter. That's the only way I can figure she didn't cut Dean loose a week ago.

But talk about confusing - Dean did give Kristina his rose. She must have thought that meant something. 

I might be in the minority, but I'm on Kristina's side. Christen was vilified and bullied when she asked Matt out. Matt and Jasmine weren't anywhere near as serious as Kristina and Dean. Danielle swooped right in for Dean, knowing full well what was going on with him and Kristina. She was shameless about it, as was Dean. Yet somehow, Kristina isn't allowed to have even a little ire for D-Lo? Really? She placed most of the blame on Dean, where it belongs, but I agree that it's just shitty of D-Lo to hang all over Dean with Kristina sitting right there. Why does she get a pass?

Raven can shut the eff up. Raven is no one's friend. She's a camera whore and opportunist. She goes the way the water is running. At that point she knew Kristina was going home, so she defended Danielle because she knows she's stuck on the island with Danielle for another week. Nevermind Kristina's need for a bit of comfort or having a point. And Raven's pearl of wisdom about "not blaming the other woman" - that's rich. This coming from a girl who beat her bf and the woman in bed with him with a stiletto heel. 

Christen is working it! I kinda love her. And yes, she eats. Kinda necessary when all they serve all day is alcohol. Scallops are a healthy option, and they're delicious. 

Dominique made the wrong choice. I'd have gone with Fred. Diggy is just thirsty for a rose, and he'll dump her the second someone slightly better-looking comes along.

Bye bye Ben Z. Go home to your dog so we can stop hearing about him. 

I cannot wait for Dean to get off my TV and never return. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone above the age of 25 so lacking in moral fiber. He and cardboard cutout uptalking D-Lo might be perfect for each other. I can only hope the twins come in and ruin their shit.

• Love 18
40 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I might be in the minority, but I'm on Kristina's side. Christen was vilified and bullied when she asked Matt out. Matt and Jasmine weren't anywhere near as serious as Kristina and Dean. Danielle swooped right in for Dean, knowing full well what was going on with him and Kristina. She was shameless about it, as was Dean. Yet somehow, Kristina isn't allowed to have even a little ire for D-Lo? Really? She placed most of the blame on Dean, where it belongs, but I agree that it's just shitty of D-Lo to hang all over Dean with Kristina sitting right there. Why does she get a pass?

Raven can shut the eff up. Raven is no one's friend. She's a camera whore and opportunist. She goes the way the water is running. At that point she knew Kristina was going home, so she defended Danielle because she knows she's stuck on the island with Danielle for another week. Nevermind Kristina's need for a bit of comfort or having a point. And Raven's pearl of wisdom about "not blaming the other woman" - that's rich. This coming from a girl who beat her bf and the woman in bed with him with a stiletto heel. 

It's incredibly simple.  Jasmine is part of Raven's Cool Girl clique and so they are all complete assholes to poor Christen (even the editors - labelling her Scallop Fingers on the screen.)  Kristina is NOT part of the Cool Girl Clique so then Kristina becomes in the wrong.  I definitely think that's how Raven operates.  Anyways, I loved what you said.  

I also think Dominique made a huge mistake picking Diggy instead of Fred.  I thought Diggy was cute on Rachel's season, but there's just no there there.  I can't believe he won her back.  Fred is like the sun.  I got majorly screwed only seeing him for like an hour.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12
42 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

But talk about confusing - Dean did give Kristina his rose. She must have thought that meant something. 

Definitely on Kristina's side as well.  D-Lo knew that they were having sex and had more than a casual relationship but she was still making it pretty obvious to Dean she was there for the taking.  Ultimately it is Dean's fault but does D-Lo think she is any different than Kristina or any other woman and that Dean wouldn't do the same to her if someone else was offering herself up? He is a player period and he doesn't really deny it either. They may last the show but he definitely will be going for all the women that will be throwing themselves at him down the line.

I liked Raven before but as THESUPREMEDIVA1 said Kristina just needed someone to vent to at the time not someone to loudly (and drunkenly) lecture her.

Edited by Palomar
  • Love 5

There is something odd with his nose. Dean is one of those guys who is cute when you see him across the bar but the more you get to know him the less attractive he becomes.

Wells earned back some of the points he lost with the puppet show for asking Kristina why she was trying so hard for a guy who wasn't trying hard for her. Because seriously, Dean just wasn't into her enough to commit his dick to just her. That isn't going to change any time soon. He's too young and she's not "the one". The shame is there were some decent guys there she could have hung out with but she went all in on Dean and it blew up in her face.

I don't like that she didn't give out her rose before leaving. If I knew I was going home I would have handed the rose to someone, let them stay and try for love. Instead she condemned another person to eternal singledom (because clearly this franchise is the only place to find a husband/wife now)

• Love 13

While it was probably a producer idea, I liked that Blake brought Christen a plate of scallops as a rose bribe. I say it was producer driven since he did not include a FREAKING FORK! so she had to eat with her fingers. Again. Really, show, I don't find this funny. I did like Dean's explanation for making out (or ... forking) Danielle in the pool because it was so typically a man answer: What? You SAW us? I NEVER would have done it if I knew you could see us. Meaning: He'd do it again in a heartbeat if he could cheat around and not get busted. And his "I hate myself" is such mindless word crap. I, too, wish Cristina had given her rose to Blake or Fred just so they could hang around.

• Love 19

Bachelor and Bachelorette seasons are (somewhat) easily identified by the star of each season. Ben, Nick, Brad, Rachel, etc.

With multiple seasons of Bachelor In Paradise stacking up, surely a subtitle for each season is not only warranted for easy identification but also a marketing opportunity?  Granted, most of these might not pass muster with ABC but perhaps some alliterative taglines could be:

‘Humid, Hot & Hooking Up’

‘Boredom, Beer & Bikinis’

‘Mezcal & Mashing In Mexico’

‘Implants, Islands & Infidelity’

Hmmm…on second thought those sound like they were lifted from – ahem – ‘adult entertainment.’  But ABC isn’t exactly above racy innuendo.  It would aid in identifying seasons far beyond CH’s hysterical (and now hypocritical) MOST SHOCKING IN HISTORY nonsense.

It’s hilarious (but not really) to have one of the cast members give a rundown of the (all together now) strong couples, not least because you can count the strong couples on two fingers – or even thumbs in this case.  Dominique is suffering from the delusion that her proclamations are somehow profound or the product of unique insight.  She claims that the strong couples ‘balance each other out.’  Erm, isn’t that true of all strong couples?  For her next trick, Dom will tell us that it’s warm in the tropics.

Dim Dean is racked by guilt - but only because he was observed by Kristina.  Kristina has given more hurt, downcast looks than weepy Julia Ormond ever managed in ‘Legends Of The Fall.’  She has been through the wars in terms of life experience but remains very emotionally vulnerable.  After the latest outrage she STILL perks up when Dim Dean arrives.

Blake is greeted with apathy and literal eye rolls.  Popular chap.  Dom impresses herself with obvious and unfunny jokes.  Blake requests a ‘man chat’ (ugh) with ‘only bros from my season’ (ugh again) because ‘he trusts them more.’  Why?  They obviously despise him.   But at least this silly dispute that they all keep referencing is, in an odd way, further confirmation that skipping Rachel’s season was a wise move.

Broken-record time:  the date card is robbed of most of its drama as yet another new arrival is permitted to survey the field and find the path of least resistance.  Blake really turns on the charm with Kristina by telling her ‘you may or may not be my first choice.’  What a catch he truly is.

Fred also arrives.  Dom claims ‘it’s been very interesting’ which is odd because these so-called interesting parts have yet to be captured by an army of cameras.

The annoying Jasmine, who is the most obvious producer holdover in Bachelor history, to paraphrase CH, has progressed to playing with OTHER people’s hair.  Truly bizarre.  Jasmine is also prone to using a thousand words to express a simple ‘I don’t know.’  In Jasmine’s world, camera time is the coin of the realm.  The frightening part for all of us is that dozens of people who find Jasmine interesting, funny or intelligent are hurtling along the highway alongside us – and towards us! - at 75 mph.

A double date goes about as badly as it can go for Christen who apparently has never heard of the scientific miracle of goggles for contact lens wearers engaged in water activities.

After long, inexplicable deferments for each RC this time CH announces this RC will be quick and that, mercifully, this season is almost at an end.  Still he never misses a chance to bludgeon these poor souls with his now desperate-sounding wish that they…find love (drink!).

Robby & Amanda are taken on the cheapest date in the history of Bachelor cheap dates as they exhaust a whopping 20 pesos and what’s left of their dignity on a kiddie ride and smacking a piñata.  They’ve been provided a meal on a table placed randomly in an alley a la Lady And The Tramp.

Ben has an attack of sanity and departs.  The dog he’s been pining for won’t recognize him when he returns.   Hope it was worth it!

Dom and Diggy play a get-to-know quiz – wouldn’t an actual conversation be more meaningful and revealing?

The oddball doctor is still playing with toy hands.  It’s a neck-and-neck race to determine the most played-out, tired, unfunny Bachelor inside joke between Tickle Monster and Scallop Fingers.  Humor content of each:  nil.  But, of course, these nicknames will be mentioned repeatedly in the season-ending review.

The demographics of BIP seem to have shifted dramatically towards the younger and more immature as the nicknames above demonstrate along with Dan’s lame rhymes.  These are kids in adult bodies and the dialogue is now on a par with a Disney Channel sitcom along with the hammy gestures.

Danielle hugs Blake like he’s radioactive as the cast are permitted (or even encouraged) once again to spoil the RC.

Raven has enjoyed queen bee status throughout and is shocked to learn that Kristina isn’t receptive to her insipid advice.  Kristina’s optimism is to be admired on one level but is she actually surprised?

Wells mercifully leaves the puppets on a shelf and stuns us all by making perfect sense as he asks Kristina why she’s torturing herself.

The RC includes an unhappy Fred, another sighting of Christen’s solar plexus and perhaps the first discussion of serial killers during the show’s run.  See?  It IS historic!

Kristina has caught the Ben disease and declines to award a rose and says she’s leaving.  Dim Dean walks her out and – spooky! – her rose has disappeared.

Kristina’s backstory, her naivete and her looks – expressive eyes, tendency to emote - make her catnip for the Fleiss team.  Will she return for another Bachelor season?

This is as good a spot as any to say that the producers’ desire for continuity by recycling cast members may have reached the end of its useful life.  In the age of social media it’s understandable that few people would be willing to sacrifice their privacy and that of their family and friends but many of these retreads are uninteresting, unintelligent people whose ongoing availability is an obvious sign that they are hard to live with.  Perhaps it’s time to wipe the slate clean and cast a whole new crop for the franchise going forward.

Next ep:  the inevitable Attack Of The Vegas Twins along with bisexual (and otherwise boring) Jaimi and her mop of hair.

Edited by Rainsong
  • Love 9

I'm not feeling Robby and Amanda at all.  She backs off from him and when he goes in for a kiss I can just hear her saying 'not again'.  This romance is going nowhere except there in Mexico for the length of the show.

Raven disappointed me but I get the idea she's young, kind of cute and spoiled by mommy and daddy and the ex doctor boyfriend.  Looks like she turns out to be the mean girl.

Kristina and Dean.  Doomed from the start.  She slept with him to fast and he just wanted to play while she wanted commitment.

Jasmine is too anxious and makes me nervous with her trying.   Daniel is...dumb.  Looks dumb, acts dumb and talks dumb.  Why do they even bring him back and what does Lacey ever see in him?  Is she trying to imitate the relationship between Carly and Evan?  Evan was always a gentleman.  Daniel..well I can't stand him.

Darrick and Taylor went too hot too fast.  I think Darrick is ready for a cool down but is enjoying the sex too much right now.

BTW I know all this was taped earlier.  Am I right with any of these people/couples.  Any still together?

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 3

Me as Cristina at the rose ceremony: Me: "Dean is an ass and I'm not giving this rose to him or to anyone. I'm leaving. 'Bye." Dean: "Can I walk you out?" Me: "HELL no. Go eff yourself, then drop dead and rot." end of scene

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's incredibly simple.  Jasmine is part of Raven's Cool Girl clique and so they are all complete assholes to poor Christen (even the editors - labelling her Scallop Fingers on the screen.)  Kristina is NOT part of the Cool Girl Clique so then Kristina becomes in the wrong.  I definitely think that's how Raven operates.  Anyways, I loved what you said.  

So I kind of agree with you, but also want to point out that Raven may have had some lingering resentment to the way Christina swooped in and claimed Dean early on.  Afterall, Raven liked Dean too.  So that may be part of the reason.  

I also think Dean, while probably not intending to be an ass, really dicked Christina over. He gave her the rose, which likely seemed to Christina like, "Im done playing the field, lets be a couple" and then sleeps with her, and then hooks up with Danielle.  I totally understand why Christina is confused hurt and angry.  

And she is even a litte bit right about Danielle being disrespectful.  She didnt have to chase Dean right in front of her - she could have taken it somewhere slightly less central. 

Fred got screwed.  He gets a date but no time to mingle, which means he basically had a single chance at a rose. Bummer for him - he was cute and seemed nice.  

Daniel was much more entertaining tonight mocking Blake.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rainsong said:

Kristina has caught the Ben disease and declines to award a rose and says she’s leaving.  Dim Dean walks her out and – spooky! – her rose has disappeared

42 minutes ago, fib said:

I also think Dean, while probably not intending to be an ass, really dicked Christina over. He gave her the rose, which likely seemed to Christina like, "Im done playing the field, lets be a couple" and then sleeps with her, and then hooks up with Danielle.  I totally understand why Christina is confused hurt and angry.  

Yes -  And the final humiliation was Kristina HUGGING Dean when she was leaving.   You know, when a guy sleeps with you, gives mixed signals, then dumps you for another girl  - say BYE! if he tries to follow you out the door for a sweet good-bye good luck hug - tell him to fuck off.  

• Love 22

I have to admit I loved the look on D-Lo's face when Dean went chasing after Kristina. She's got to realize he just wants to bang her. I just can't tell if she cares or not. I get the feeling she is fine with just being his piece on the side, but her face as he ran after the woman he actually semi-cares about made me think she wants something more. Oh, how delicious would it be if now that Kristina is out of the way D-Lo gets all clingy and relationshipy. I would die laughing. I really would. I watch this mess to watch idiots crash and burn.

• Love 22

I really don't want Ben Z as the Bachelor, unless he leaves the dog at home and shuts up about him. I said this about Kenny as Bachelor with his daughter along, or even with the incessant weeping Skypes -- If I wanted to watch a show about kids, I would. I love dogs, and had one myself for many years, but ... If I wanted to watch a show about dogs, I would.

• Love 5

I can't get over what a disaster this season is.  The guys are afraid to make a move on anyone, terrified they will be DeMario, version 2.  The girls are clicquey and mean.  And somehow Christen, the vacant virgin, is a hot commodity. 

The show has completely jumped the dolphin. 

• Love 16

Wait, Ben has a dog?

Mr MML asked last night if Amanda still has children or if she just forgot she has them. Ben seems to miss his dog a lot more than Amanda misses her little girls.

I'm still okay with Dean in that he has been pretty honest, painful as it is to Kristina and dickish as it makes him appear, that he isn't ready to settle down but imo has real feelings for Kristina. He's not trying to hide anything from anyone.

Didn't watch Nick's season (because Nick, ick) but omg some of these not particularly outstanding women are pretty full of themselves in this little world. I can see why Ben and Matt took themselves out of it to go back to women in their league. Too bad Kristina was glued to Dean so early. 

Yes to Wells inheriting the host crown, if not in this franchise, then in another. He's definitely in training. 

• Love 1

Why exactly does Jasmine "deserve" to be here again? After blowing up on the last couple of episodes she seems content to just hang out and do nothing. Honestly, this whole group isn't even trying to pretend they're here for romance. How many girls made out with Jack who are supposedly in relationships? Raven and Danielle at least, right? This season has been so lame. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Why exactly does Jasmine "deserve" to be here again?

Because if she's there, then she's not out here with the rest of us?

Seriously, though, how does anyone "deserve" to be there? What have they done to make them worthy?

13 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

How many girls made out with Jack who are supposedly in relationships? Raven and Danielle at least, right?

That whole kissing Jack thing was weird. I mean, these chicks were practically falling over each other to kiss him. Hey Danielle, go kiss Dean you want a kiss so badly. Hey Raven, go kiss...that guy you're with (Seriously, I have no clue who she's with, just that she's in a Paradise Relationship). And Danielle was going back for seconds. Wonder what their "Bach-friends" thought about that. Oh, wait, they don't care. They're just here for the free booze and TV exposure.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Etta Place said:

It's like TPTB totally forgot why people watch this show. The Bachlor/ette is the one with all the tears and long drawn-out relationship drama. BiP is supposed to be the fun, silly one.

I think the show has lost its mojo this season. It's boring & the dates aren't as exotic.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I have never warmed up to Raven and seeing her on BIP didn't change my mind. The only reason I can see why she would be a hot commodity is because she made it to F2 with Nick.

It has been said, that men only want women that other men want; which would explain Raven.  I don't find her the least bit attractive.  With all due respect, she looks like a little person, only tall. While I am being politically incorrect I might as well say that loud mouth Jasmine isn't half as cute as she thinks she is. 

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Kendra143 said:

Why did Jack Stone whack Robbie in the gut? It looked like it hurt. I admit I kind of enjoyed it. ? 

As much as I hate Robbie's hair, I still wish he had punched Jack Stone back.  Unless this was planned, I thought it was a dick move. 

• Love 2

Wow, so many of these people turned out to be so unpleasant.  I think by process of elimination I like Christen as she is one of the few who isn't mocking someone else or sticking her tongue down someone's throat just to see how good of a kisser he is in spite of hooking up with someone else.  It was also extremely unfunny how Wells told Christen that her scallops story was the funniest thing ever.  No, not even close, even though the mean girl group thought so.  

Although Amanda played 'hard to get' for like a minute, she is back to her previously established pattern in her relationship with Robby.  Jasmine, as previously noted by a poster, thinks she is way more funny, cute, and insightful than she really is.  I really wish Matt had just let her go home instead of 'saving her' so she could find love.  However, he probably did not want her anywhere near him at the airport or on the way home.  

I really wish Fred had been given a rose.  I liked him on Rachel's season, and I liked him here.  I could never understand why Rachel would not get to know the man he is instead of the child he was.  

I still feel that Dean did let Kristina know his feelings about going after Danielle.  He encouraged her to date others even before Danielle arrived, he told her that he was interested in Danielle, and he went on a date with Danielle.  Kristina just did not want to let him go.  Sure her feelings were hurt, but she kept trying to hold on to her.  And, just like Lacey nagged Diggy and criticized him for not being as interested in her as she was in him, Danielle nagged Dean which is never going to fly on this insipid show.  I don't know why she came on this same if she was really looking for a serious boyfriend.  I wish them both well as they both have had major hurt in their lives.

I would not be surprised if this was the last season of this show.  I know they would come up with something else for next summer if that was the case.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, chocolatine said:

In what world does Jack Stone get more action than Ben Z.?

My world. I love me some Jack Stone. Although I happened to be looking down at the moment of the Robby punch, so I have no idea what that was about.

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I did like Dean's explanation for making out (or ... forking) Danielle in the pool because it was so typically a man answer: What? You SAW us? I NEVER would have done it if I knew you could see us. Meaning: He'd do it again in a heartbeat if he could cheat around and not get busted. And his "I hate myself" is such mindless word crap. I, too, wish Cristina had given her rose to Blake or Fred just so they could hang around.

I know, right? What the hell? I mean, yes, the fact that he did it right in front of her made it worse, but it's not like it would have been all a-ok if he'd done it behind her back. So glad that that part of the Dead saga, at least, is over.

4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Me as Cristina at the rose ceremony: Me: "Dean is an ass and I'm not giving this rose to him or to anyone. I'm leaving. 'Bye." Dean: "Can I walk you out?" Me: "HELL no. Go eff yourself, then drop dead and rot." end of scene

Again, seriously. "Walk me out? F no. We're done."

So badly wanted Danielle to pick someone else, and for just a spark of a moment, I thought there was hope. He said something about them continuing to have "fun" together, and when she echoed that at the end of the conversation, there was a certain tinge to the way she said "fun" that almost made me think that she's not actually totally OK with being just the hot chick he wants to bang. But sadly, if she did in fact pick up on that implication, she has evidently decided that it was, I don't know, just a slip of his tongue or something, and that he really does want to pursue a real relationship with her.

Can't decide if I'm kind of looking forward to the twins or not. Because on one hand, while I agree with Raven that we need to stop blaming women for "leading men astray" (although, come on, girlfriend, time and place), on the other, it's hard to argue that it's not pretty low to not only knowingly insert yourself into an established relationship, but basically flaunt it. True, Dean basically told her that he wasn't committed, but still, it was pretty clear that it was more than nothing, so I wouldn't count her 100% blameless. But I gotta be honest: it would not make me sad if the twins came in, torpedoed that relationship, and flounced off, leaving the wreckage of Dean in their wake.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, fib said:

I can't get over what a disaster this season is.  The guys are afraid to make a move on anyone, terrified they will be DeMario, version 2.  The girls are clicquey and mean.  

The guys are afraid to make a move, with the exception of Dean of course!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Catronia said:

I really don't want Ben Z as the Bachelor

1. Zeus for Bachelor!

2. That sparkly bra necklace looked to me like it was meant to be worn without a shirt (itchy but might net you a rose!).

3. This show makes me want to eat scallops.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kingshearte said:

But I gotta be honest: it would not make me sad if the twins came in, torpedoed that relationship, and flounced off, leaving the wreckage of Dean in their wake

My first thought when I saw the preview with the twins was that Dean will dump Danielle like a hot potato the second he thinks he has a chance of banging twins. So congrats D-Lo, you won that prize, for about twenty minutes. 

• Love 4

Given that this show is so producer-driven, I wouldn't be surprised if Christen knew full well that (forgot his name) would be bringing her a plate of scallops, which is why she continued to stuff her face and eat the scallops with her fingers.  After all, she is Scallop Fingers!  So no, I don't think the other girls were being mean to her.

Diggy's epic eyeroll after bro-hugging Blake is all of us watching this disaster of a season.

All of the BIPettes confirm that perhaps a virgin isn't the best judge of kissing prowess.

Tickle Monster has a brand-new custom beer-coozy hand.

Robby hits a piñata un-blindfolded and cheers for himself. He also declares Triple P (post-Paradise potential) with Amanda, whom I can't recall ever hearing utter two words to Robby. But just like with Josh, she can sit there silent and looking pretty.

Benzie leaves before his inevitable ousting. 

Amanda conflates the words "carnival" and "fair" and, instead, thinks she went to a "care." And now we know why she normally doesn't speak in front of her men.

Jack Stone reminds us of Blake's ketogenic diet, and now I feel like I'm watching an episode of Lost with the hidden Easter eggs because we flash to Tickle Monster opening a banana with tiny doll hands and suddenly I remember that Blake didn't stand over a sleeping Whaaaaaabooom eating a banana because he's on a ketogenic diet and doesn't eat bananas. So, all of this must be a clue that Jack Stone will get Christen's rose.

D-Lo bedazzles her best assets with a crystal bra over her top in attempt to remind Dean of why he should go with her instead of Kristina. And no surprise, it worked!!

Kristina, take a page out of Benzie's book and leave with some semblance of dignity. Dean has been honest with you ALL ALONG. Now he's telling you flat out that he's picking D-Lo, not you, and you're still complaining that it's all D-Lo's fault. This is the first time ever that I see Raven as the "voice of reason." Even SHE knew to beat her MAN with the stiletto, not the other woman.

IMG_3855.JPG

• Love 16

I know that the producers want us to think that the them of this show is "put a ring on it" but really with this season it has become "put a fork in it."  I have spent time watching paint dry and it showed more maturity than we are getting this year.  I agree that the whole idea of just pulling in people from bachelor world has run its course.  It used to be that you had to put up with people auditioning to be the next bachelor or bachelorette but now we get people auditioning to be on BIP and coming back year after year.  If Dante was alive now he would tell us this is "Bachelor in Purgatory" not in "Paradise."  

Edited by call me ishmael
spelling
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, kingshearte said:

My world. I love me some Jack Stone. Although I happened to be looking down at the moment of the Robby punch, so I have no idea what that was about.

There's always been murmurs of Jack being psycho or a 'serial killer' so that scene was extremely weird and kind of called to it.

This entire time, I thought Jack actually punched Robby in the dick!

Either way, what an asshole.  I get that people find Robby totally cheesy but he's only ever been a nice guy.  Obviously the women I know just don't randomly punch each other, and maybe this is a 'totally normal thing' guys do to each other. I wouldn't know.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Why would Christen say Jack Stone was a bad kisser???  Maybe she's the bad kisser.  Jack Stone is actually a catch - he's moderately attractive, has an actual job, & hasn't made a total ass of himself.

I assumed it was her way of keeping the other women away from him!  "You don't want him, he's a bad kisser!"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Kristina, take a page out of Benzie's book and leave with some semblance of dignity. Dean has been honest with you ALL ALONG. Now he's telling you flat out that he's picking D-Lo, not you, and you're still complaining that it's all D-Lo's fault. This is the first time ever that I see Raven as the "voice of reason." Even SHE knew to beat her MAN with the stiletto, not the other woman.

IMG_3855.JPG

Exactly! I agreed with Raven. Christina had way too much anger toward Danielle when 99% of that should have been directed at Dean who was the one who actually hurt her. Christina is young and doesn't realize that since she had sex with Dean and Dean is incredibly stunted and immature, the chase is over and he's looking for a new challenge. Obviously Danielle won't give up all the goods as second choice so he now has to chase her and easily discards Christina for the chance to get into d-los pants. Christina meant nothing to him and I think any good looking woman could have swayed Dean away from liking Christina, so Danielle did her a favor. Once he conquers Danielle he will toss her aside too in favor of someone new. I can't believe this man child was ever considered bachelor material. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Fred is like the sun

There were moments when he smiled and I felt like Diana Ross in "Lady Sings the blues," when Billy Dee Williams smiled at her.  I think Dominique is really pretty, too, so I thought we finally had a great looking couple to watch. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

I feel bad that Christina let herself get caught up in this Dean love-triangle thing.  When the show began and she first came in on the beach, she was a bit of a hot commodity, many of the guys seemed interested.  She went from that to spending her days in Paradise pouting alone on a bed crying, and gave up having a shot with one of the other guys.  She took herself out of it, it was kind of hard to watch.

Agree...she had so many opportunities, from the beginning!  This is a setting where you are not at work 8 hours a day and have limited time to go on dates, and get to know each other.  Everyone is right there at your fingertips!  Instead of enjoying the lovely, expense free vacation, she acted like a teenager and always looked looked sad, never laughing, always looking over her shoulder.  She mine as well should have gone home earlier instead of putting herself through the heartache if she wasn't going to enjoy the island life.

Edited by bequialife
  • Love 3
On 9/4/2017 at 9:24 PM, chocolatine said:

In what world does Jack Stone get more action than Ben Z.? Ben needs to become the Bachelor for the universe to make sense again.

Edited 23 hours ago by chocolatine.

Agree! I have never seen a character around this long who was so minimized on the show. He was was barely on, hardly mentioned or shown. It makes me wonder if he's a dark horse to become the next Bachelor. It would certainly be a shock as they edited his role down to nothing. I think he is gorgeous and believe he has a lot more to talk about than his dog. We just didn't hear it for some reason. 

I wanted to scream, "He's just not that into you!" at Kristina. Loved when Wells asked her why she's fighting for that loser. 

Not buying Amanda's sudden interest in Robby. I think she just wants to be on tv. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
Alapaki and yorklee, you beat me for 2.
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Ohwell said:

As much as I hate Robbie's hair, I still wish he had punched Jack Stone back.  Unless this was planned, I thought it was a dick move. 

I thought it was a dick move for sure as he basically 'rang his balls'. This actually is a thing that some bros do though, without malice. You're supposed to find it funny if it happens to you I guess like "Ahh okay you got me!" kinda thing. Guys are morons.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

I thought it was a dick move for sure as he basically 'rang his balls'. This actually is a thing that some bros do though, without malice. You're supposed to find it funny if it happens to you I guess like "Ahh okay you got me!" kinda thing. Guys are morons.

Cup check. 

• Love 1

My teenager walked through the room as I was watching this show & stopped to watch for a few minutes with me. Her first comment, "I thought the show had pretty people on it. Where are they?"  She thought Kristina she was the only pretty one there &  she was highly disappointed in the men thinking Jack Stone  was the only passable one. After watching the drama with Dean for a moment she commented that the girl (Kristina) should be thankful she didn't end up with Dean because he looked like a toad & they would end up with toad-like children.

She stayed a couple more minutes & heard Taylor speak & said, "Every statement that girl makes ends in a question mark. Is  something wrong with her?  How do you watch this junk?"  Smart kid with a trash reality tv addicted mama. 

• Love 20
25 minutes ago, ramble said:

She stayed a couple more minutes & heard Taylor speak & said, "Every statement that girl makes ends in a question mark. Is  something wrong with her?  How do you watch this junk?"  Smart kid with a trash reality tv addicted mama. 

Congratulations, ramble, you should be very proud!

• Love 6
On 9/5/2017 at 9:29 AM, JudyObscure said:
On 9/5/2017 at 3:58 AM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Also she's [Kristina's] really beautiful (although she looks soooo young in a lot of her TH, like barely legal young), but she also looks like she has cotton balls stuffed in her cheeks after dental surgery.

Yes. Beautiful eyes, but the mouth area always makes me think she's tucked a pinch or two of dip between her cheek and gum..

Not to be mean, but I don't think Kristina is pretty at all, all I see are chipmunk cheeks & an overbite.  And whoever colored her hair should get his/her beauty license revoked.

• Love 4