Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ShortyMac

S05.E08: Engaged

Recommended Posts

Quote

Brandon throws Mike and Ana an engagement party, which unleashes a bunch of secrets. Meanwhile, Mariana and Jude try to convince the students to vote against their school going private.

Share this post


Link to post

 I'm glad Ana and Gabe didn't torpedo the marriage... Also happy the protest didn't end in something bad... Poor silly Jesus... Good to see AJ and Callie on solid ground of course Callie didn't know AJ was doing other kinds of art she never paid any ATTN to him once cool Motorcycle Aaron showed up... So odds are the show will cause drama... I did enjoy seeing Aaron all jealous and pouty.. Never liked that dude.. I think ximena caught AJ fever but she may get deported OR arrested if u look at the preview... Hope it's an okie dope.. I like her... Good for Emma let Jesus go.. Poor Brandon cuz I'm sure something is wrong with grace

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I liked how much of the action took place at the house, without too many teen bad decisions/emergencies.  That worked for me.  No one committed horrendous stupidity for a change.  It looked like that might happen with Gabe-Ana-Mike, but no, Ana wasn't a mope for once.  I guess Jesus might have committed stupidity with wrecking the Anchor Beach scale model, we'll see.  Happy that Emma is unburdened.  It's good to see AJ back in the mix and poetic justice that Aaron is feeling a little insecure.  Brandon's song with Grace was sweet, and I'm intrigued about what's wrong with her.  As soon as Jude's boyfriend said his tactic always works with his mother, I knew it was going to blow up on Jude.  All in all I enjoyed the pace of this episode, but it looks like the prom finale is going to ramp up the teen angst again.  To be expected. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ShadowFacts said:

.  No one committed horrendous stupidity for a change.  It looked like that might happen with Gabe-Ana-Mike, but no, Ana wasn't a mope for once.  I guess Jesus might have committed stupidity with wrecking the Anchor Beach scale model, we'll see.  . 

Glad that Brandon stuck around for the important part of the Ana/Gabe convo,  where she told him she loved Mike,etc...because I was expecting him to leave before he heard that, which happens on a lot situations of TV eavesdropping like that. So that was nice to see.

I'm thinking it's a red herring when we see Jesus looking at that model, probably someone else is responsible. I actually thought the guy was going to say that he caught Jesus on the security camera ruining the model.

Interesting new developments on Grace. Seems like she may have some sort of life threatening illness? Maybe that's why she does her daily "do something that make me...whatever". What was the phrase?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I cackled when Aaron saw Callie and AJ. I can't stand him for making moves on Callie while AJ was around (though Callie did kiss him while she was with AJ, so neither party is innocent) so serves him right. I'm glad they're not forgetting that stuff, especially with the promo for next week showing Callie telling Aaron, "I'm not a piece of property". Damn right. I'm glad they brought Mike and AJ back into the picture, I was worried they were being phased out. Hopefully AJ attending the same college as Callie solidifies his presence on the show.

As for Callie attending the protest, I'm glad she didn't get into any trouble but I was so frustrated with how she acted when Stef came to talk to her. She got all indignant because She Cares, and Stef just let her because hey, she had to play it cool, man. All I wanted to hear was Stef say, "it's only been a month or two (who knows) since you nearly got raped and murdered by a pimp, and almost put in jail for your other antics, so forgive me for being concerned about you going to one of these 'almost guaranteed to turn violent' protests". We get it, Callie cares about social justice, and that's a good thing, but she makes extremely stupid decisions and I'm not sure that she wouldn't have gotten into something if Stef hadn't checked in on her first. But she seemed to understand the need to keep it together, so at least she's learning.

I'm glad Gabe and Ana didn't get back together, that Ana's legit about Mike, that Brandon didn't leave before hearing the entire conversation, and that Jesus's interference didn't pay off. I know Jesus wasn't thinking about it like that but wow, was he being shitty to Mike with all that. Mike may not be his parent, and I understand the biological tie of it all, but he's been in his life much more than Ana and Gabe have been. It was really nice to see Brandon hug Ana, considering their history. I thought the Mike/Ana pairing was weird and didn't really care much either way but I hope it works out.

As soon as Jesus entered that room, I was like, "oh, he's gonna smash that shit." LOL. But I hope he didn't. So tired of Drew the Villain. I'm glad Emma was able to talk with Lena because she was clearly struggling. As crappy as Jesus was to her, it may be a good thing that he broke up with her because he was putting way too much pressure on her, both for his success and for moving the relationship along too quickly. I wonder if Mariana and Emma will be friends again now, or if that was just Mariana doing the right thing in comforting her.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I think ximena caught AJ fever

Of course she did.  AJ took off that shirt and she was done for.  That was certainly my favorite part of the episode.#shallow

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Valny said:

I'm thinking it's a red herring when we see Jesus looking at that model, probably someone else is responsible. I actually thought the guy was going to say that he caught Jesus on the security camera ruining the model.

I actually think that this could happen. For all we know, Mariana did it, or Jude. I think it could be a red herring now, though I initially believed that it was Jesus. I think it would be a pleasant twist, but we'll see how it's handled. Also, I guess they don't have security cameras in that area. 

16 minutes ago, Valny said:

Interesting new developments on Grace. Seems like she may have some sort of life threatening illness? Maybe that's why she does her daily "do something that make me...whatever". What was the phrase?

Do one thing a day that you're scared of. Which...I don't know why my mind didn't go to life-threatening illness the first time she said that. They are planting seeds for something to be going on with her, and that could very well be it.  

I thought the episode was alright. Emma finally got to have a talk with Jesus, although he completely read the situation wrong and overreacted. It did end up giving Emma and Mariana a nice moment together, so there's that. I do think that Emma may be thinking about her future with Jesus and if she's ready to be more than just his girlfriend. Not necessarily his fiancee, but she's basically his support system. She really doesn't seem to be comfortable with the idea. 

I like that Brandon actually stayed to listen to Ana telling Gabe that she was choosing Mike over him. I like that it got him to finally come around on her. I was annoyed with Jesus' insistence that Gabe/Ana had to be together and that he was pushing so hard, but at the same time, I think Jesus was just thinking that both of them had feelings for each other still and they were family, so why not? Good thing that seemed to end, though now Gabe has taken off. 

I'm so not surprised Noah's advice to Jude about Taylor blew up in his face. Now Jude has to be the bad guy and tell Taylor about going through with the job. I mean, it's not Jude's fault that they're interested in him and not Taylor. Personally, I wouldn't watch either of them streaming games because their godawful stream name sucks.

I'm so good with Aaron getting jealous of Callie/AJ. I mean, dude, you did the same thing with Callie when you first met her. I don't feel the sympathy here. I do like that AJ's not disappearing off screen and not having scenes with Callie. I like AJ a lot; I didn't think I would, but he's grown on me, and I hope him and Mike don't just disappear in the second half of the season.

Because I have some issues with Stef/Lena parenting, I did notice how nice Stef was being toward Callie about her protest. It's good that they're talking about it, but you'd think Stef would implement a more stern warning than just "Make the right call". It's alright to say that Callie's made very bad choices and that this protest is really not a good idea to get involved with after her last stint with the pimp. Tell her that she can only go if she promises to leave if things get messy or something. Don't just say "I trust you to make the right call" and then let her go. Especially in contrast with Stef telling Lena to take Jesus' treehouse away. Yes, Jesus needs to be shown the consequences to the actions that he can control. But I just wish the show would allow more scenes with Jesus and Stef/Lena just talking about his issues, rather than Stef/Lena talking with themselves. 

Though Callie's growth is interesting, she still needs to be kept an eye on. She still is capable of making stupid decisions. It is nice to see her character finally growing; hopefully, that continues. As a viewer, it's frustrating to see it take too long, but it does feel realistic that she'll continue to make plenty of mistakes as she learns. 

I guess the Ximena scene was kind of nice. She seems like a cool character, but there are so many other issues that the show is dealing with so many of the subplots feel very unfinished or rushed. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I actually think that this could happen. For all we know, Mariana did it, or Jude. I think it could be a red herring now, though I initially believed that it was Jesus. I think it would be a pleasant twist, but we'll see how it's handled. Also, I guess they don't have security cameras in that area. 

It could even be that the evil Drew saw the opportunity to frame Lena's kids and did it himself.  I know, I watch too much stupid t.v.  But really, if it's not one of the kids, it's him (or the janitor).  I have my doubts it was Jesus because he has his angry outbursts, but I don't know if seeing a school model would trigger one. 

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I guess the Ximena scene was kind of nice. She seems like a cool character, but there are so many other issues that the show is dealing with so many of the subplots feel very unfinished or rushed. 

I agree.  Is Mariana still the roller derby wunderkind or was that just a way of introducing the immigration storyline?

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

It could even be that the evil Drew saw the opportunity to frame Lena's kids and did it himself.  I know, I watch too much stupid t.v.  But really, if it's not one of the kids, it's him (or the janitor).  I have my doubts it was Jesus because he has his angry outbursts, but I don't know if seeing a school model would trigger one. 

I briefly thought this and then when "nah, that would be too stupid." But watch them go this route, especially since it sounds like they don't have cameras in that particular room where the model was. Or maybe they'll pull a double twist and it really was Jesus! But if it was Drew, he probably did it to start planting the idea of Lena as a bad vice principal. I mean, didn't Evil Board Lady say that she'll be after Lena and her job next? What better way than to get her kids implicated as criminals and juveniles? 

I think that end scene seemed to point toward Jesus not destroying the model; Jesus' actions have been impulsive, not calculated. Him staring at the model in thought didn't seem to me like he was just going to impulsively destroy it. He also seemed more sad than anything. I mean, he just broke up with Emma, Gabe took off, Ana/Mike had a happy engagement party, and he's still trying to get used to his new life with a TBI. Sure, he was talking about how they needed to get revenge for what Nick did, but I don't think smashing that private school model would be it. Plus, they may want to show Stef/Lena immediately blaming Jesus, assuming that he did it, only to have to apologize to him afterward once they find out who really did it. 

So for who destroyed it? I'm going with Jude, or Drew. I'd be a bit surprised if it was Mariana. Heh, or maybe Taylor snuck in and destroyed it to fight the power or whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I just wish the show would allow more scenes with Jesus and Stef/Lena just talking about his issues, rather than Stef/Lena talking with themselves. 

This so much. Everyone is talking about him, no one except Emma is talking to him. It's horrible. This happens to adults with disabilities, too. It's happened to ME, and it's incredibly annoying. I hate that Emma is the only one who actually still treats Jesus with respect, and the show kind of endorses the idea that it's hopeless to do so, because they showed her feeling defeated when she tried. The show is endorsing the idea that TBI makes Jesus a drag for everyone around him, they are not telling the story from his point of view at all. They have had Callie's story from her viewpoint. Jude's story from his viewpoint. Everyone's story is from their own viewpoint except for Jesus. It's playing into the entire edifice of stereotypes and BS surrounding disability, instead of challenging and undermining it like they try to do with everything else. It's so disappointing. Him suffering and everyone else being martyrs is the wrong approach. They actually thought that after his injury he should just stay home all day doing literally NOTHING, and when that didn't work they are starting to discuss getting him evaluated and maybe trying some other stuff to help him? Seriously? When does doing nothing work for any medical or other issue? It's not even good drama, it's just lazy and inexplicable.

 

18 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

It could even be that the evil Drew saw the opportunity to frame Lena's kids and did it himself.

I thought of that, too. I really don't know what direction I think they're going with this, but I think anything is possible. Since the show doesn't usually use flashbacks, I'm wondering how we're actually going to find out what happened, or if they're going to let it be always unclear.

I think Stef's conversation with Callie was too vague, but it's also true that Callie is over 18, so they have less leverage with her than Jesus, who is 16. I don't think that crossing their fingers and hoping she makes good choices is smart, though. Why don't they try to help her think of her options, ask her what the plan is, talk with her about the situation and help support her in her goals, rather than just expressing their nervousness and lack of trust in her without any kind of actual support and useful direction. Does the protest group do actual civil disobedience training? Do they have lawyers who will back them up? Do they have a safety plan? Are they committed to non-violence or do they intend to fight back physically if provoked? Probably they are not as organized as would be optimal, but Stef of all people should be able to help Callie understand the different possibilities rather than just giving her a vague expression of nervousness about how things could get out of hand. She has no idea how prepared or unprepared Callie is and didn't try to find out.

It's weird, because in the beginning, Stef and Lena did absolutely talk things through and give guidance with the kids. Now it's like they don't know how to do any of that and the kids are raising themselves with occasional parental swooping in for a heroic rescue, a tearful apology, or a tsk tsking.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Pretty telling that Gabe takes off and only leaves a note for his bio boy child, ignoring the girl completely. I realize Gabe and Jesus had bonded a lot more than Gabe and Mariana, but that was pretty crappy.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I hate that Emma is the only one who actually still treats Jesus with respect, and the show kind of endorses the idea that it's hopeless to do so, because they showed her feeling defeated when she tried.

I will say that Brandon has treated Jesus with respect too. Mariana's kind of complained about it with Stef/Lena and it feels like she's too afraid to confront Jesus. Which is fair because she's sixteen and doesn't need to, but it's sad that we haven't had as many twin scenes since Jesus' TBI. But Brandon has been the most consistent in treating Jesus normally while still acknowledging that he's different and needs to adjust. Brandon/Jesus scenes are what we've gotten this season, which is wonderful. I mean, he talked to Jesus this episode like a brother, telling him to back off the Ana/Mike/Gabe thing. He was stern, but he wasn't treating him any different than if Jesus didn't have a TBI. 

5 minutes ago, possibilities said:

The show is endorsing the idea that TBI makes Jesus a drag for everyone around him, they are not telling the story from his point of view at all. They have had Callie's story from her viewpoint. Jude's story from his viewpoint. Everyone's story is from their own viewpoint except for Jesus. It's playing into the entire edifice of stereotypes and BS surrounding disability, instead of challenging and undermining it like they try to do with everything else. It's so disappointing. Him suffering and everyone else being martyrs is the wrong approach. They actually thought that after his injury he should just stay home all day doing literally NOTHING, and when that didn't work they are starting to discuss getting him evaluated and maybe trying some other stuff to help him? Seriously? When does doing nothing work for any medical or other issue? It's not even good drama, it's just lazy and inexplicable.

This. It's annoying that we get so many countless Callie Saves The World scenes, but we can't get a scene of Stef or Lena sitting down with Jesus to talk about his TBI. I mean, I assume they do it off screen, but I don't want it off screen. They could cut any number of scenes so that we're not just getting Stef/Lena talking at Jesus, and then them talking in private about how hard it is and how they'll "get their boy back". 

1 minute ago, gesundheit said:

Pretty telling that Gabe takes off and only leaves a note for his bio boy child, ignoring the girl completely. I realize Gabe and Jesus had bonded a lot more than Gabe and Mariana, but that was pretty crappy.

I totally get this. I had hoped to see another letter beside the Jesus one. I felt this way with all the Ana/Mariana scenes but no Jesus/Ana scenes. I don't want Mariana/Gabe to not be shown to have some sort of relationship. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, omgsowicked said:

I thought the Mike/Ana pairing was weird and didn't really care much either way but I hope it works out.

Do we know who Isabella's father is?

Share this post


Link to post

I could be wrong but I got the impression from the conversation between Carrie and Stef that Carrie was trying to ask to be stopped. If Stef had said "No, you're not going to something that is likely to be dangerous and/or cause you to be arrested (again)", I can see Carrie complaining about it but being happy to have had an excuse not to be there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, possibilities said:

This so much. Everyone is talking about him, no one except Emma is talking to him. It's horrible. This happens to adults with disabilities, too. It's happened to ME, and it's incredibly annoying. I hate that Emma is the only one who actually still treats Jesus with respect, and the show kind of endorses the idea that it's hopeless to do so, because they showed her feeling defeated when she tried. The show is endorsing the idea that TBI makes Jesus a drag for everyone around him, they are not telling the story from his point of view at all. They have had Callie's story from her viewpoint. Jude's story from his viewpoint. Everyone's story is from their own viewpoint except for Jesus. It's playing into the entire edifice of stereotypes and BS surrounding disability, instead of challenging and undermining it like they try to do with everything else. It's so disappointing. Him suffering and everyone else being martyrs is the wrong approach. They actually thought that after his injury he should just stay home all day doing literally NOTHING, and when that didn't work they are starting to discuss getting him evaluated and maybe trying some other stuff to help him? Seriously? When does doing nothing work for any medical or other issue? It's not even good drama, it's just lazy and inexplicable.

 

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I will say that Brandon has treated Jesus with respect too. Mariana's kind of complained about it with Stef/Lena and it feels like she's too afraid to confront Jesus. Which is fair because she's sixteen and doesn't need to, but it's sad that we haven't had as many twin scenes since Jesus' TBI. But Brandon has been the most consistent in treating Jesus normally while still acknowledging that he's different and needs to adjust. Brandon/Jesus scenes are what we've gotten this season, which is wonderful. I mean, he talked to Jesus this episode like a brother, telling him to back off the Ana/Mike/Gabe thing. He was stern, but he wasn't treating him any different than if Jesus didn't have a TBI. 

This. It's annoying that we get so many countless Callie Saves The World scenes, but we can't get a scene of Stef or Lena sitting down with Jesus to talk about his TBI. I mean, I assume they do it off screen, but I don't want it off screen. They could cut any number of scenes so that we're not just getting Stef/Lena talking at Jesus, and then them talking in private about how hard it is and how they'll "get their boy back". 

Totally agree with all of this. I have a disability, and have experienced what Jesus has, too. 

I encourage everyone to check out ficdirectory on Tumblr - she and her sister are adopted twins who are disabled and have provided great insight into what having a TBI entails and being critical of the show's harmful portrayal of Jesus and the family's actions and ableism within the show.

http://ficdirectory.tumblr.com/post/72494787077/the-fosters-recaps

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, possibilities said:

It's weird, because in the beginning, Stef and Lena did absolutely talk things through and give guidance with the kids. Now it's like they don't know how to do any of that and the kids are raising themselves with occasional parental swooping in for a heroic rescue, a tearful apology, or a tsk tsking.

I have complained before about the leniency of their parenting.  They just leave the kids to their own devices way too much.  Too much freedom and free time.  We used to see Callie at a job and Mariana at the family bakery, now we only see Brandon working.  Which he should be since he's not in school, but the rest of them should either have part-time jobs or volunteering.   Worst of all is how Jesus has absolutely no structure, no treatment schedule, nothing but a little carpentry and now apparently he will be back in school.  I would think he would have at least some physical and occupational therapy, the way most people with injuries do in the early days of recovery.  They're really doing him a disservice, and it doesn't make much sense especially for Lena who would have some basic knowledge of educational and social services for students with all kinds of non-standard (for lack of a better word) backgrounds. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, possibilities said:

This so much. Everyone is talking about him, no one except Emma is talking to him. It's horrible. This happens to adults with disabilities, too. It's happened to ME, and it's incredibly annoying. I hate that Emma is the only one who actually still treats Jesus with respect, and the show kind of endorses the idea that it's hopeless to do so, because they showed her feeling defeated when she tried. The show is endorsing the idea that TBI makes Jesus a drag for everyone around him, they are not telling the story from his point of view at all. They have had Callie's story from her viewpoint. Jude's story from his viewpoint. Everyone's story is from their own viewpoint except for Jesus. It's playing into the entire edifice of stereotypes and BS surrounding disability, instead of challenging and undermining it like they try to do with everything else. It's so disappointing. Him suffering and everyone else being martyrs is the wrong approach. They actually thought that after his injury he should just stay home all day doing literally NOTHING, and when that didn't work they are starting to discuss getting him evaluated and maybe trying some other stuff to help him? Seriously? When does doing nothing work for any medical or other issue? It's not even good drama, it's just lazy and inexplicable.

Nothing to add, really. Just to emphasize how completely true this is.

This is a statement made by someone who does have a TBI. The video shows other disabled people speaking too. Byron, the man who has a TBI starts at around 2m30s.

“You know, when I travel, I hear a question: ‘what happened to people with the really bad behaviour? What happened to people who hurt themselves or hurt others?’ Supports! If you take the Bryon that you see today, 11 years ago I’d be slamming my head towards the wall. I’d be biting people because I feel trapped. I’d be running away. Run. Don’t understand. Don’t understand what traumatic brain injury does. Don’t understand disabilities. Not accepting it, denying it. Then when I got my supports, this is who I am. You know what? Instead of asking that stupid question, ‘What happened to people with behaviour?’ – okay, what kind of supports do they need? What do we need to come up with? What is the plan that needs to be done? You know, figure it out. Don’t just sit there on the problem. Find the solution!”

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2017 at 10:27 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I will say that Brandon has treated Jesus with respect too.

I actually think that its really interesting and cool that, even though Jesus and Brandon have had the most confrontational relationship of Jesus's family Post TBI, Brandon is also pretty much the only person who pretty much treats Jesus like he used to, being supportive, but also calling him out when he acts up, and just acts like a brother. I wish the rest of the family would follow his lead, and stop treating Jesus like an invalid or a ticking time bomb. If nothing else, this whole arc has warmed me to Brandon in ways his ill fated romances never have. 

Speaking of Brandon's ill fated romances, I really like him and Grace, so I am not looking forward to watching it fall apart over whatever Graces dark secret is. I originally thought it was some kind of mental illness, but now, I think she has a terminal or chronic illness, and thats where her whole "do something new every day" thing she has going on. Poor Grace and Brandon. He finally finds a girl who is nice, age appropriate, and isn't related to him, and now this happens. 

Its nice that Callie is actually thinking of her future now, but someone seriously needs to sit this girl down, and explain to her that she can fight against injustice WITHOUT breaking and entering, almost getting raped, or going to protests where the guys leading it straight up say they want to get arrested. There are literally thousands of protests for Callie to join, which is passionate, but basically chill, so why cant she join one of them? Her conversation with Stef was a good start, but I kept waiting for Stef to just say something like "Its great that you care so much about people and the world, but you just got out of a bad situation due to your attempts at saving the world. Why dont you focus on some less intense activism while you are applying for college. Its not a matter of not caring, its that you cant save the world if your in jail or dead." Its that simple. 

I laughed my ass off when Aaron looked all insecure when he saw Callie with shirtless AJ (niiiiiice) at the protest. Like, yeah, Karma is a bitch dude. Not so much fun when your the guy seeing your girlfriend with a guy who clearly has feelings for her. At least AJ isnt actively hitting on Callie, like Aaron was. Yeah, Aaron has grown on me a bit, but I still think he made a lot of dick moves when it came to his relationship with Callie when she was with AJ. Even if they dont get back together, I am glad that AJ and Mike are sticking around. I like them a lot, and it would be too bad if they were exiled to off screen land.  

Ximena and her story is pretty good, but I continue to feel the same way about it as I felt about the Diamond story. Well written and acted, and an important and topical subject matter, but it feels disconnected from the main cast, and it sort of comes off as a more developed and mature version of those 80s Very Special Episodes where the characters uncle, new friend, or old friend who shows up for an episode, has some kind of problem (they cut themselves, they drink too much, they get racially profiled), everyone learns about the problem, and then the person is shipped away, never to be spoken of again, or the problem is never brought up again (see Jessie's caffeine pill addiction that lasted for a whole episode on Saved by the Bell), and there is a number to call at the end of the episode or something. The stories here are longer and with more impact, but I do fear that, once this arc ends, Ximena will disappear into off screen land, after announcing that her immigration problems have been resolved off screen or something. So, I like the story they're telling, but considering how much stuff is going on just with our main cast, it seems out of place. 

I fully suspect Evil Drew wrecked the model and is setting up the kids. The dude is basically the Snidley Whiplash of high school administration, practically twirling his mustache as he plans on how to kick the poor students out of their school in service to his paycheck, so I totally think the writers would have him do this. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I actually think that its really interesting and cool that, even though Jesus and Brandon have had the most confrontational relationship of Jesus's family Post TBI, Brandon is also pretty much the only person who pretty much treats Jesus like he used to, being supportive, but also calling him out when he acts up, and just acts like a brother. I wish the rest of the family would follow his lead, and stop treating Jesus like an invalid or a ticking time bomb. If nothing else, this whole arc has warmed me to Brandon in ways his ill fated romances never have. 

I agree with this. I've been surprisingly enjoying Brandon and Jesus interactions this season.

I also liked the deleted scene with Grandma. I like how the grandparents on this show are not treated in a stereotypical way, but are fully developed characters, and I wish we saw more of them.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

This was a good episode. For once this season i could enjoy everyones storyline without getting annoyed. I 

On 8/30/2017 at 0:36 AM, UNOSEZ said:

Good to see AJ and Callie on solid ground of course Callie didn't know AJ was doing other kinds of art she never paid any ATTN to him once cool Motorcycle Aaron showed up... So odds are the show will cause drama... I did enjoy seeing Aaron all jealous and pouty.. Never liked that dude.. 

I dont like Aaron either, at least not as callies boyfriend. Kinda want AJ to get back w her but at the same time i don't like how AJ was acting after they broke up so idk.

The scene when graces mom walked in...hilarious.

I wonder who Isabellas dad is....hmmmm

Share this post


Link to post

Well to be fair AJ was going on with his life when callur popped up like a hurricane throwing all the blame on him... Yes he kissed a girl but she did as well and she did it first not only that but she spent all sorts of time with the guy even after she told him she had a man... Even after he made it clear he liked her and after AJ made it known he wasn't super comfortable with it... She ignored him in pursuit of what she felt was right and he stepped out... Mistakes were made on both sides but she came at him like she didn't have a part to play in it and worse she badmouthed AJ to Mariana her moms.. Mike and Brandon... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2017 at 7:20 PM, ShadowFacts said:

I have complained before about the leniency of their parenting.  They just leave the kids to their own devices way too much.  Too much freedom and free time.  We used to see Callie at a job and Mariana at the family bakery, now we only see Brandon working.  Which he should be since he's not in school, but the rest of them should either have part-time jobs or volunteering.

Brandon is still in school right now, hence the whole Promposal plot in this episode.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

Brandon is still in school right now, hence the whole Promposal plot in this episode.

Thanks.  I thought he was done with h.s. and sitting out a year before trying to apply to music school again, and that Grace was in college, working with kids, and had her own place.  (In our neck of the woods, non-students/graduates can't go to h.s. prom.)  But my point still is that aside from Brandon, the rest of them have too much time on their hands, unsupervised.   

Share this post


Link to post

I'm finally catching up. I liked this episode a lot. So pleased that TPTB did not have Ana dump Mike for Gabe. I also liked the comment that both Mike and Ana are in recovery and that was one of the reasons to skip having a bar. As for Ana's parents, sorry - too little, too late. 

Liked the opening scene with the family at the table. It's fun to think back on how those scenes have changed over the course of the series. 

I understand that Stef wants to let Callie make her own decisions but, given her very recent disastrous past, one would hope that Stef would be a bit more direct. Regardless, I liked that scene a lot too. Seeing Callie with AJ reminds me again of how much I do not like the Callie/Aaron pairing. Nice to see AJ applying to college with such an impressive art portfolio. I hope that the show keeps him around. 

Run, Emma, Run! As Lena pointed out, it is not Emma's job to facilitate Jesus's recovery. Hopefully we will finally see Jesus get the kind of therapy he needs. 

Brandon has been so much more likable this season. I liked his Promposal and hope that somehow he and Grace stick it out for now. 

Jude/Noah/Taylor - ugh - and to think that Jude used to be my favorite character. 

Lots of Stef and Lena = great 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
×