Type keyword(s) to search

You Have Failed This City!: Quotes from Arrow

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Oliver's done his round of apologies to everyone. Looks like he ran out when he got to Felicity, or  maybe he doesn't know what else to do other than off apologies.

I thought that's what this part was all about:

Felicity: "I want to. But you're right. You know, I've changed. More than you know. I almost killed Diaz, and I would've killed him if Laurel hadn't stopped me. And I know that you're going to want to talk me down to the old Felicity, the one that you met chewing that red pen. While you were gone, I had to learn how to protect myself."
Oliver: "I put you in the position where you had to do that, and I'm sorry."
Felicity: “No. This isn’t on you."
Oliver: "Well, okay."
Felicity: "I love you more than a human being should love another human being. I just don’t know if what’s best for me right now is the same thing as what’s best for us.”

And as for what to do-

Oliver: "Okay. But how do we start pushing in the same direction again?"

I saw it as a potential for Oliver's growth.  Ever since we first met Ollie in the flashbacks, he's been messing up and charming apologizing apologizing and usually that makes everything all right. Even now he acts first doing what he wants, knowing that he can apologize later.

This time, no matter how much he apologizes and Felicity forgives him, the effects on the person he cares about are still there.  Felicity has been changed because of his actions and no amount of apologizing will change that.

• Love 3

Sure, I just wonder what will help things, but I don't necessarily fault him for not immediately knowing what to do (especially since going to prison was hardly "doing what he wants," but I think I get what you mean). He seemed to have the rug pulled from him and at a loss of what's going on and letting Felicity state her feelings to go off from, but it was pretty impressive that they actually did have a talk about it, even with no immediate actions taken. Already some growth in their relationship right there! So yeah, clear path for more growth, but I don't think it's necessarily from an Ollie trait or anything.

• Love 3

Barry: "If Gotham can handle the Batman, it can handle the Green Arrow."
Oliver: "The Batman's an urban legend."
Barry: "Wait, you don't believe Batman's real?"
Oliver: "He's not real!  He's an urban legend concocted by the Gotham Police Department to scare criminals.  I'm the original vigilante, Barry!"

after revealing the Bat Signal
Barry: "You still think he's a myth?"
Oliver: "Yeah!" (walks off)
Barry: "Batman's real."

Barry: "One time, Oliver cheated on his girlfriend with her sister."
Oliver: "Hey!"
Kara: "Oh no!"
Barry: "What?  You did."

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 1

Barry: Why'd they put it in the bad part of town?

Kara: It's cute how you think there's a good part of town.

Oliver: I mean, hindsight's 20/20, but we'll follow your lead next time.

Kara: Right, 'cause there will really be a next time when someone threatens three superheroes with a gun. 

Barry: And you said it wouldn't happen again.

Barry as Oliver: I would never compare myself to a total badass like Batman. 

Barry: Hey, would hitching a ride in the Batmobile be out of the question?

Oliver: That we're gonna be okay. People change, Felicity. It means we're growing. It means we're evolving. Except for one thing. One thing that will not change is how I feel about you. Love is too small a word. No matter who you are or who you become, and no matter who I am or who I become, you will always be the love of my life. People change. That never will. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, bettername2come said:

People change, Felicity. It means we're growing. It means we're evolving. Except for one thing. One thing that will not change is how I feel about you. Love is too small a word. No matter who you are or who you become, and no matter who I am or who I become, you will always be the love of my life. People change. That never will. 

I actually teared up at this. I may have wanted to smack Oliver earlier but damn if SA didn’t sell it. 

• Love 5

Some Arrow-relevant quotes from the "Elseworlds" crossover...

Flash 509 (Part 1):

Iris (to 'Barry'/Oliver): "You know, Felicity called me when Oliver was in prison. Do you know how he ended up in Slabside?"
Oliver: "She - she called you?"
Iris: "He cut a deal, Barry, completely behind Felicity's back. He didn't even warn her. The FBI just showed up and took him away."
Oliver: "She said all that?"
Iris: "She's hurting. Oliver's life, it's completely defined by anger, vengeance. That's why I am so lucky to have you in my life."

Oliver (to Barry): "I spent the past seven months in a maximum security prison and no matter how bad things got - and they got bad - every cell had a toilet."

Oliver: "You need to dislocate your thumb. Just apply pressure to the joint."
Barry: "No, I'm going to break my hand!"
Oliver: You're not gonna break your hand, because in this reality, your ligaments have been stretched and conditioned in the art of escape by Anatoly Knyazev. Now, man up, apply pressure to the joint, and dislocate your thumb."

Oliver: "Oh, you train? Really? I thought - I thought your powers just dropped out of the sky."
Barry: "If you're trying to get a rise out of me, it's not gonna work."
Oliver: "Need a peanut gallery? Can you not do anything without your wife in your ear?"
Barry: "Are you serious, man? Felicity invented quarterbacking!"
Oliver: "I don't think that you can go more than nine hours without some sappy motivational speech."
Barry: "I'm not doing this."
Oliver: "Your team betrayed you. You needed them, and they weren't there!"
Barry: "I'm not doing this."

Oliver: "I've been doing this for a very long time. And nearly every time that I learn a lesson, it comes with a painful memory. I've watched friends die. I've had to kill to survive. When I'm the Green Arrow, I channel those painful memories. I - I draw on a darkness every time I draw back my bow. So to see you with all of my abilities, just laughing and joking around, it pissed me off, more than I would care to admit."
Barry: "Whenever I run, whatever I'm feeling inside, grief, guilt, I've gotta just let it go, and focus on whatever I'm running toward. Iris, my friends, all the joy in my life. When I'm happy, I run faster. Just like when you phased earlier. You were having a good time."
Oliver: "You couldn't dislocate your thumb until you got angry. If you're gonna be the Green Arrow and I'm gonna be the Flash -"
Barry: "Maybe we need to start acting more like each other."

Arrow 709 (Part 2):

Barry (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After six months in hell, I've been released from prison and returned home with only one goal - to save my city. But things have changed. Instead of operating outside the law, I am now working alongside the police. I am no longer Inmate 4587. I am once more the Green Arrow." (Scene montage includes shot of GG as Oliver kissing Felicity.)

Diggle: "An immortal Egyptian, aliens, parallel Earth Nazis. I have no idea why I'm even surprised at this point."
Curtis: "I'm still trying to figure out if this is more like Freaky Friday or Quantum Leap."
Barry: "No. If this were like Quantum Leap, I'd only look like myself in the mirror."
Curtis: "Yep. You are definitely not Oliver Queen."

Felicity (entering): "I've been summoned?"
Barry: "Yes. Thank you for coming."
Felicity (to 'Oliver'/Barry): "Of course. I mean, things might be fraught between us, Oliver, that doesn't mean I'm not gonna show up."
Barry: "They are? They are? (Looks at Oliver) They are. Yeah, which is... sad."

Diggle: "Okay. So why didn't you tell Felicity?"
Barry: "Well, because we tried to tell everybody at STAR Labs, and it didn't really go over so well."
Oliver: "Felicity and I have enough problems as it is, without introducing body swapping. We thought we'd just let her think everything's normal, and that Barry and I are solving another problem."

Diggle: "You know, Felicity, um, there's something very strange going on here, so I wouldn't take this as a commentary on you and Oliver's marriage."
Felicity: "No. My marriage with Oliver is strained by the fact that we've become different people. Quite literally, in Oliver's case."

Caitlin: "Oliver does love you, Felicity."
Felicity: "Yeah? Well, what's love without respect? Or trust?"
Caitlin: "I don't know. But as long as there is love, you can't give up on it. That's the one thing I do know, after everything I've been through, everything I've suffered." 

Kara: "You really know your way with a computer."
Oliver: "Well, when I was first starting out, I had to hold my own before Felicity showed up."

Diggle: "What the hell is this?"
Felicity: "No offense, but you'd need at least five Ph.D.'s for the dumbed-down version."
Diggle: "How about the very dumbed-down version?"
Felicity: "It's a quantum flux anchor that utilizes wave theory to fire nano-particulates across an Einstein-Rosen Bridge to create a secure Claxon Field."
Diggle: "How about the very, very, dumbed-down version?"
Caitlin: "Felicity made a magnet that will draw whoever's trying to breach through to us."
Diggle: "You could've just said that."

Barry: "Do you want me to talk to her as, you know, you?"
Oliver: "I think I'm in enough trouble with Felicity as it is, but no offense."

Oliver: "This must be strange for you."
Felicity: "Oh! What gave you that idea?"
Oliver: "I don't know. Maybe it's easier for you to hear this coming from ... (Sighs) Barry Allen. (Whispers) What a stupid -"
Felicity: "Hear what?"
Oliver: "That we're gonna to be okay. People change, Felicity. It means we're growing. It means we're evolving. Except for one thing. One thing that will not change... is how I feel about you. Love is too small a word. And no matter who you are, or - or what you become, no matter who I am, or - or what I become, you will always be... you will always be the love of my life. People change. That never will."
Felicity: "Oliver, hi." (Kisses him)

Earth-90 Barry: "My name is Barry Allen. Hello, John."
Diggle: "Do - do I know you?"
Earth-90 Barry: "You're not wearing your ring. Things must be different here."

Supergirl 409 (Part 3):

The Monitor (to Oliver): "Oliver Queen. A man who channels his hubris and anger and calls it strength. Are you truly that eager to die? No. Not eager. But willing. Ready to. Good. There might be hope for this universe yet."

The Monitor (to Oliver and Barry): "Self-sacrifice alone will not see you through this trial. Survival will only be found by knowing your true self. Or this world will be doomed, like all the others."

Oliver: "Novu! I know you're in there, you son of a bitch! I'm not afraid of you! I'm not impressed by you! Stop with these games and show yourself!"
The Monitor: "So much passion. And hubris. To think, that if you just yell loud enough, you can command a god."
Oliver: "You're not a god."
The Monitor: "Yet, there isn't a name for what I am, so I suppose 'god' will have to do. Your time is limited. I'm not sure what little remains is best spent making demands of me. I already told you what you had to do."
Oliver: "I know what happens to Barry and Kara."
The Monitor: "Mmmm. And now you're here in the faint hope I can alter it."
Oliver: "Well, you just said you were a god. Now, I don't think you're testing us to see if we're strong enough. I think you're testing us to see if we are good enough. And I don't think, in any of the universes you're tested, that anyone has ever stood and confronted you like this."
The Monitor: "Yes. You are the first in a multitude."
Oliver: "I'm not who you need! You said I'd pass the test if I knew my true self. My true self is filled with darkness. But Barry and Kara are different. They inspire hope. They inspire people because they are the best of us. And if this test of yours is gonna kill our best chance at stopping this crisis, well, as gods go, you're not a very smart one."
The Monitor: "The universe is a complex piece of machinery, and balance must be maintained. One change requires another. How would you propose I keep the balance?"

Barry: "So I feel like I should be thanking you for something. The Monitor. You talked to him, didn't you?"
Oliver: "Mmm-hmm."
Barry: "You got him to change our destinies somehow."
Oliver: "You and Kara changed your destinies, Barry, by being the heroes that you always have been. Hey, I've been you. I lived it. I felt it. You're a good man."
Barry: "So are you. Even if you don't want people to believe it."
Oliver: "I'm not as good as you think I am. But because of you, I think I'll get there someday."

Oliver (to Barry): "I will propose a toast. To appreciating what you have, however long you might have it."

Psycho-Pirate: "Don't worry, Doctor. Everything is as it should be. The stage is set. Worlds will live. Worlds will die. And the universe will never be the same."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

From 710...

Emiko (opening voiceover): "The world is not a fair place. Innocent people die, while the guilty go free. The system is broken, filled with corruption, greed, and apathy. The people who are supposed to protect us are failing us. ... Criminals continue to walk the streets because no one is willing to stop them. The world may not be fair, but everyone deserves justice, and someone looking out for them."

Oliver: "Uh, they need a little help from Team Arrow. Specifically you. ... You need to analyze this DNA. It belongs to the new Green Arrow."
Felicity: "Some husbands bring their wives home flowers, and mine brings me blood from a crime scene. They say romance is dead."

Felicity: "'Cause the, um - well, before you ask, I mean, no, it's not, it's not Thea - the DNA match is on your father's side."
Oliver: "I'm sorry. Say again?"
Felicity: "The vigilante is your sister."

Felicity (to Oliver): "You know, this has to be a shock. Not as big as a shock as maybe becoming the Flash and then fighting alongside Batwoman, but still a shock."

Felicity: "Oliver, she's running around town dressed like you. I mean, I'm no therapist, but I'm pretty sure the technical term for that is 'cry for help.'"

Oliver (reading aloud letter from Robert Queen to Walter Steele): "'Dear Walter, As you know, I haven't always made the best choices. And if you're reading this letter, it means I'm gone. I need your help to right one last wrong. There's a woman - Kazumi Adachi. I loved her. We had a daughter. And I treated both of them unfairly. I abandoned them. I'm not proud of what I did, but I'm trying to make it right. You're the only one I trust with this. Please take care of Emiko.'"

Older Dinah (showing her Mark of Four tattoo to Older Rene): "We made a promise to always keep fighting, to be there for each other no matter what. All of us - you, me, Roy, Diggle, Oliver, and Felicity. We owe her this." 

Older Rene: "The Canary also said Felicity Smoak was murdered. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"
Kevin Dale: "Ms. Smoak was becoming a liability. She had to be dealt with. Is that a problem?"
Older Rene: "Of course not."

Felicity: "Oliver, you became the Green Arrow to right your father's wrongs. What your parents did to Emiko and her mother is beyond wrong. (Oliver nods) You are a better man than your father ever was. Don't make the mistakes that he did. Reach out to your sister. Make things right."

Emiko (closing voiceover): "People say that revenge corrupts the soul. That if you go down that path, you'll never come back. ... But sometimes, embracing the darkness is the only way to get justice. My name is Emiko Queen. I will get justice for my mother, and no one will stand in my way."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From 711...

Oliver (during TV interview): "My goal has always been to serve this city. I understand that there are people who - they disagreed with my methods before. So I would like to assure the people of Star City, I will no longer be hiding in the shadows. And I promise to always be on the side of the law. I believe that trust can be built through transparency. And I'm gonna prove it."

Felicity: "You were amazing. You were genuine and heartfelt and amazing. And for a second there, I almost believed that you liked Laurel."
Oliver: "I almost do."

Lyla: "Tell us about a challenge that you've worked to overcome."
Carrie Cutter/Cupid: "Well, the love of my life rejected me... for a blonde."

Curtis: "Man, what the hell is going on? China White, Spawn of Slade, and now Cupid? It's like the Ghost of Villains Past in here."

Curtis: "The Ghost Initiative is just a cooler-sounding name for Suicide Sq -"

TV News Anchor (on bar's wall screen): "... including a start on pro bono cases at CNRI, the question as to whether Laurel Lance was the right person to take over as D.A. was put to rest after a recent poll indicates she is the most popular D.A. in the past 10 years. The district attorney's position is not an on-the-job training type. It requires experience to lead, train, and ... It is a must to know criminal law inside and out..."

Felicity (to E2 Laurel): "Okay, let me stop you right there, because we both know that 'hypothetically' means that this is definitely happening."

Felicity: "I love you."
Oliver: "I love you, too."

Brett Collins (to Earth-2 Laurel): "Look at you, pretending to be reformed, playing make-believe lawyer in those fancy D.A. suits. You're a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf that this city needs to be rid of."

Felicity (to E2 Laurel): "I didn't follow you. I - I followed your DNA, which you left on my door handle. It's all part of this new program that I'm working on that tracks genetic material."

TV News Anchor (on computer screen): "As Star City's newest kidnapper continues to elude the police, there have been renewed calls demanding Oliver Queen step down. A recent poll showed that as many as 77% of Star City citizens would support his removal from the SC -"

Felicity: "It's - you haven't had a problem talking about the dozens of other people that you have killed. Um, so why - oh, why keep this one a secret? If someone had killed my dad, I would want revenge, too."
E2 Laurel: "Collins - he caused the accident that killed my father, but he wasn't the reason my father died. He never should've been on the road that day. He was working a lot, which... I hated. But I knew on my birthday that we would be able to celebrate, only he showed up without my cake, and I threw a tantrum. So he went back out. That's when Collins drove him off the road. And do you know the last words that I said to my father? The last thing that I said to him was 'I hate you.' My dad died because of me."

Oliver: "My father killed Dave Hackett. The people of Star City deserve the truth."
Rich Kannon: "Why come forward now? Hackett has been apprehended. The threat is over."
Oliver: "Because transparency is about more than just not wearing a mask. I've made mistakes. I'm sure that I will make mistakes again. But what I will not do is lie. That is my promise to you, the people of Star City."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From 712 (the documentary-style 150th episode)...

Felicity: "You know, I kind of hate the word 'vigilante." It just feels like such a disrespectful term. Call them what they are - heroes."

Diggle (in Oct. 2012 footage): "Ha, ha! No, look, you don't become successful in my line of work without being really good at sizing people up. Trust me. Oliver Queen is no one's hero."
Diggle (present day): "Obviously, this particular comment didn't age too well."

Oliver: "I'm not entirely sure I'm meant to be a leader. Made a lot of mistakes."

Felicity (to William): "That wasn't so much a suggestion as it was more one of those 'mom' things where, if you don't talk now, you're grounded."

Curtis: "Is he supposed to know about those [Black Watch satellites]? You know about those?"
Oliver: "You've met my wife, right, Curtis?"

Barry Allen: "Oliver is an interesting guy. Um. Unbelievably damaged. I hope he won't mind me saying that. I don't mean - well, all I meant by that was just that he's lived through a lot of darkness. And all he really cares about is trying to make sure nobody else has to go through what he's gone through. ... No, no, no. I didn't know he was the Green Arrow until he turned himself in. I mean - (imitates explosion) - You know. Whoa, obviously. Big surprise. I mean, you think you know a guy."

Emiko: "Robert was out of the picture long before. I didn't want to tell you because I didn't want to risk changing things."
Rene: "Changing what things?"
Emiko: "You and me... working together."
Rene: "Why would it? Oliver's got his thing and we got our thing. Right?"
Emiko: "Yeah, we do."

Rene (to Zoe and William): "You guys can have the living room. I'll be in the next room... cleaning my gun."

Oliver: "There is no Team Arrow anymore."
Diggle: "But there is. Oliver, there is. It's just changed. We may not have been Team Arrow when you were in Slabside, but we had each other's backs."

Felicity: "All right, buckle up, kiddies, because Overwatch is back in the house. Well, not actually in the house. I mean, I'm working at ARGUS remotely, but I'm on the comms, you know."

Officer Nick Anastas: "Fans have a strange way of showing their affection."

Connor (to Blackstar): "Yeah, Mia, that much I figured, but wasn't this documentary banned. I thought every copy was destroyed years ago."

Mia/Blackstar (to Connor): "Vigilantes were the death of Star City. And they got exactly what they deserved."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From 713...

Oliver (voiceover): “My name is Oliver Queen. After six months in hell, I've been released from prison and returned home with only one goal - to save my city. But things have changed. Instead of operating outside the law, I am now working alongside the police. I am no longer Inmate 4587. I am once more the Green Arrow."

Rene (to Dinah): "So you keep doing what you're doing. And don't sweat the haters, because they're gonna hate."  

Mia/Blackstar (to Adult Zoe): "Almost makes me forget that you're nothing but a pampered girl from the Glades, playing vigilante dress-up."

Mia/Blackstar (to Adult William): "Someone is trying to blow up the city, but it's not me. And I sure as hell didn't kill Felicity."

Felicity: "Your father is gonna make his famous chili tonight."
William: "Does he really think making dinner is gonna solve everything?"
Felicity: "I mean, it's his chili we're talking about. I'm pretty sure it could solve world peace."

Felicity (to William): "Actually, solving a Rubik's Cube is a lot like running an algorithm. In fact, my favorite pattern is a cube within a cube." 

Computerized voice; "The Green Arrow has entered through the front door."
Oliver: "The Green Arrow?"
Felicity: "You know, I thought I'd give the security system a little personality."

Older Dinah: "You're Connor Hawke, John Diggle's son."

Adult William: "If you didn't kill Felicity, then who did?"
Mia/Blackstar: "No one. Felicity's still alive."
Adult William: "How do you know that?"
Mia/Blackstar: "I just do. It's why I need Archer - to find Felicity."

Mia/Blackstar: "Let's just say we owe each other. What I don't get is you. You're no hero wannabe like the rest of them. You're obviously well of, enough to not slum around Star City. So what are you getting out of this?"
Adult William: "Honestly? I don't know. Closure maybe, to ask Felicity why she disappeared from my life, only to contact me now out of the blue."
Mia/Blackstar: "What, did you guys date or something?"
Adult William: "God, no. I'm gay and she's my mom. Stepmom."
Mia/Blackstar: "Oliver Queen is your father?"

Curtis (to Felicity): "I was kinda hoping more for 'boo-hoo, I'll miss you so much, you're my other half I'll never replace.'"

Curtis (to Felicity): "Maybe this is how Felicity Smoak will change this world."

Felicity (answering phone): "Hi. Dr. Schwartz, is everything okay? ... Oh, good. I thought it was gonna be one of those calls where you say, 'Everything spread to the liver,' and - (long pause) - I'm what?"

Mia/Blackstar (to Adult William): "You're not gonna shoot me. ... Because my name is Mia Smoak. I'm Felicity's daughter... and your sister."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

From 714 - it's like a scene from a Shakespearean comedy...

Adult William: "My sister? No, that's not possible."
Mia: "I wish it wasn't, but here I am. Now, get the damn gun off me."
Adult Zoe: "He will when you stop lying."
Older Dinah: "It just doesn't make any sense. We all knew Oliver and Felicity. They never had a daughter."
Mia: "Guess you didn't know them as well as you think."
Older Roy (to Connor): "Is this true? Is she their kid?"
Mia: "Hey. Whoa. Let him go. He doesn't know who my parents are. I never told him."
Connor: "She's telling the truth. Look, Mia. Mia, my dad told me to keep a watch on you and keep you safe. So I know who your father is."
Older Dinah: "Your dad knew too?"
Mia: "Who the hell is your dad?"
Connor: "John Diggle is my adoptive father."
Mia: "A vigilante."
Connor: "Mia -"
Mia: "So you've been lying to me this entire time?"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Also from 714...

Felicity (to Diggle): "Well, I love a spontaneous OTA moment as much as the next person, but you didn't really come here to tell us about resurrecting an old ARGUS defunct program, did you?"

Felicity: "You realize that this is the second time you have prioritized your job over keeping your friends safe?"
Diggle: "Working with ARGUS does keep you safe because it makes the world safe."
Felicity: "You can keep telling yourself that."

Felicity (to E2 Laurel): "Okay. Operation Blow the Head Off the Dragon is officially a go."

Felicity (to E2 Laurel): "I'm sorry. I didn't realize that being a fake lawyer was more interesting than getting revenge on the bastard who killed Quentin."

Felicity (to E2 Laurel): "I ate that much chocolate before I was pregnant."

Mia (to rest of flashforward crew): "You guys are just junkies looking for your hero fix. My mom is the only person I care about, and I'm gonna go look for her myself, without any of you."

E2 Laurel (to Felicity): "No more sad chocolates."

E2 Laurel: "Your husband's job is to be the enemy of monsters, and those monsters are going to target you and your family like they always have."
Felicity: "Thank you. That is incredibly reassuring."

E2 Laurel (to Felicity): "In half a day, you hacked into Ricardo Diaz's brain. I don't know if you noticed, but you're kind of a badass."

Adult William: "Well, let's see. Oliver being my dad got my mom killed. Then he and Felicity promised to stay in my life after my grandparents took custody, and then I never heard from them again. And my whole justification for it, you know, that it's hard for publicly recognized vigilantes to raise children, sort of went out the window when I found out that they actually had another kid, which means that they just didn't want me."
Mia: "Being the kid they wanted wasn't so great either."

Mia: "My whole life, my mom told me that our dad was a hero. But everything in this city says the opposite, that all of our problems today are because of him and the other vigilantes. You knew him back then. Was he a hero?"
Adult William: "Yeah, he really was."

Oliver (to Felicity): "I have your back, no matter what."

Diaz: "Honey, didn't we go through this already? You don't have what it takes."
Felicity: "I do. And I'm not scared of you, and I am stronger than you are, which is why, I'm not going to kill you."

Felicity: "I thought Dante was the objective."
Diggle: "He is the objective, just not the priority. Not this time."

Diggle (to Felicity and Oliver): "When I knew there was a choice between catching Diaz or Dante, all I could think about was what letting Diaz go meant to you last time, Felicity. So in that moment, I decided that sometimes the best choice is to just protect your family, and that's exactly what you two are."

Mia (to Adult William): "What's an answering machine?"

Adult William (to Mia, about the mini-cassette): "It's encryption through obsolescence. It's pretty genius, actually."

Oliver: "A night that could have ended very differently."
Felicity: "You want to know why I didn't kill Diaz. I wanted to. I was ready to. Then I realized killing Diaz wasn't going to prove anything. The whole reason I wanted Diaz dead was to protect our family, and... what our family needs is a fresh start. One in the light, just like you're doing. I want our children to know that they are the most important thing to us and that we would do anything - anything for them."
Oliver (clearing his throat): "Ahem. You said, 'children.'"
Felicity (smiling): "I'm pregnant."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

From 715...

Rene (to Dinah, about Sgt. Bingsley): "He does know we have our own uniforms, right?"

Oliver: "The partnership has to work, Felicity, because working with the SCPD and not hiding in the shadows, I truly believe, that's what's best for the city. Then we can stay here, and our children can grow up safely."
Felicity: "Well, if you believe that this is what's best for the city and what is ultimately best for our family, then I agree. Because we're a team, too."
Oliver: "Always."

Felicity (to Dinah): "Or I could just put it into my trusty mass spectrometer and then compare it to all the government databases that I've hacked - um, accidentally tapped into. It would just be so much faster."

SCPD Tech Gal: "From satellite? What did I tell you about off-the-books hacking?"
Felicity: "You said no public resources. This is private. Loophole."

Oliver: "Have I told you lately how smart you are?"
Felicity: "Well, I never get tired of hearing it. (Oliver smiles) I want mint chip."

Oliver: "James Midas, you have failed this city."

Midas: "I press one button. The whole city comes to my rescue." 
Felicity: "Yeah. Not with that circa 2017 first build security system. I don't understand why people don't just click 'update' when it says 'update.'"

Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger: "Oh, Connor."
Connor: "Hi, Dad."
Turner: "Come here, my little hawk. I missed you so much, little man."

Diggle: "Oliver, I will always have your back, but you're giving up on this partnership before you're really giving it a chance, as if you're up against a clock I don't know about. So what don't I know about?" (Oliver & Felicity look at each other)
Felicity: "We're having a baby."

Felicity: "We're going to do this the Team Arrow way."

Diggle (to Oliver & Felicity): "Then we have to find a way to make it work. Compromise, do whatever you have to do. Because if you want a new future for this baby of yours, it won't come by doing the same thing we used to do. We have to - we have to be something else. Something better."

Adult William (to Mia): "I just half-expected you to shout, 'Felix, you have failed this city!'"

Mia: "You're a genius."
Adult William: "I am, like, literally."

Felicity: "In trying to find where Midas is storing his skin-melting poison, I was able to alter my security system algorithm to track DNA anywhere in Star City."

Diggle: "Well, Dinah, Cry or no Cry, you are the Black Canary. You proved that tonight."

Rene: "So we're like the black ops for the SCPD now? That's cool."

Diggle: "Morning sickness or not, Felicity, you have not missed a beat. You were absolutely amazing out there today. Your tech was phenomenal."
Felicity: "Well, Curtis would've had five ideas to make it better, but-"
Diggle: "Well, maybe. But if Curtis was still at ARGUS, I would've asked him to buy your tech. And I'm sure ARGUS wouldn't be the only corporation hunting for it. And I think that's more than a security system you're working on. I think you're on to something big."

Felicity: "Hey, so, in between updating the SCPD's tech and taking down evil CEOs, I was brainstorming baby names today."
Oliver: "Really?"
Felicity: "Yeah."
Oliver: "Any frontrunners?"
Felicity: "For a boy, I've always liked Lucas."
Oliver: "Yeah. Lucas. That's good. I may have thought of a name for a girl."
Felicity: "Yeah?"
Oliver: "Mia."
Felicity: "Short for Moira. (Oliver nods) Sweet and fiery. I love it."
Oliver: "And regardless of whether we have a boy or a girl, I just want to make sure that she or he ends up growing up in a better and safer Star City than I did."
Felicity: "Yeah."
Oliver: "I want that for both of our children. They'll always have each other to lean on."
Felicity: "And they'll always have us."

Felicity (recorded voice): "William and Mia. Ohh, you know this is the first time I've ever said your names together. Twenty years, and I avoided ever saying your names in the same sentence. It feels like the work of a paranoid, overprotective mother. I guess we really do turn into our parents. I'm rambling. Sorry. Not just for the rambling. For everything, but mostly for keeping the two of you apart. I'm not asking for your forgiveness, but just know that your father and I did it to protect you. We did it because we love you. Now that you've found each other, I just have one request. Give these coordinates to the team: 47.6119 North, 122.3301 West. And then get the hell out of Star City. And whatever you do, don't come looking for me."
Mia; "So we're ignoring her."
Adult William: "Definitely."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

From 716 (Star City 2040)...

Oliver: "I love you so much."
Felicity: "I love you so much. I'll love you even more when this baby's out of me."

Mia: "What the frak?"

Older Felicity: "Your father and I promised each other that we would keep fighting for the city, to make the city better for you. And for - for our family. I can't sit back and do nothing, Mia."

Tattoo Artist: "What's the black star for?"
Mia: "My mom once told me that all the starlight we see has so far to travel that the stars might not even exist anymore. Eventually, they all just fade to black. Erased. That's where I want to be."

Adult William (to Mia): "Of course you can do handstand push-ups."

Adult William: "And here I thought you hated her."
Mia: "No one gets to kill my mom except me."

Adult William (to Connor): "As an agent for Knightwatch? Which is what, the good version of ARGUS?"

Mia: "Was any of it real?"
Connor: "All of it."
Adult William: "Okay, as much as I love relationship drama when it's not my own, do you think we could focus on the task on hand and not blow our cover immediately?"

Mia (to Adult William): "Stay back and in the elevator. Understood?"
Adult William: "You know, I'm really enjoying all these heartfelt brother-sister moments."
Mia: "You're just more useful to me not dead."
Adult William: "I'm sorry. Do you care about me?"

Older Felicity: "To infiltrate Eden Corps, I had to be the Calculator. It was the only way."

Connor: "With great power comes great responsibility, right? Oh, come on! Spider-Man?"
Mia: "I'm not really into comic books."
Connor: "Okay, my point is that the same applies to us superhero kids. And we have to learn to share our parents and be a little selfless."

Older Felicity (to Older Rene): "This is Mia. These are mine and Oliver's 'impeccable genetics.'"

Mia (after Older Felicity and Adult William exchange some tech jargon): "Oh, good. Now there are two of you."

Adult Zoe: "'Server room.' How 2019."

Older Felicity: "'Overwatch'? No one's called me Overwatch in a very long time."

Adult Zoe (to Adult William): "So you're hacking clothes?"

Mia: "Let's go save the city."

Older Felicity: "Well, we can thank William for that one. I sent that signal out on a hope and a prayer. And you kept it. After all these years and with everything that's happened, I - I know I don't deserve it."
Adult William: "Well, I'm glad I didn't completely hate you. Now I got a sister to hate instead."
Mia (leaving room): "I need some air." 
Adult William: "So maybe we don't really have that type of relationship yet."

Older Felicity (to Mia): "Oh, I'm your mother. Nagging is part of the deal."

Mia (to Older Felicity): "So what, you probably want me to come help stop Galaxy? A little mother-daughter vigilante time."

Older Felicity: "Mia, you are so much like your father. Out on that field, so badass. I'm so proud of you."

Felicity: "Holy crap. Did that work? Here goes nothing. Archer, are you online?"
Computerized Voice: "Yes, Ms. Smoak. Archer is active."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From 717 (Inheritance)...

Felicity: "Oh, come on, Smoak. You got this. You know you can be pregnant and be CEO of a company and a deputized vigilante by night. Women really can have it all. I'm talking to myself."

Alena: "When you're the known associate of the evil and murder genius Cayden James, good to keep a low profile. So I'm working at Tech Village."
Felicity: "Oh, no. Oh. I have been there. Literally. I know your pain. The - the vests."

Felicity (to Alena): "It's part of a new project I have been working on. It started off as, like, a home-based security system, and now it's turned into, like, a DNA-tracking-based surveillance system. Meet Archer."

Alena: "I mean, whatever you need, I am game. I am so done telling customers to use the chip in their card when they insist on swiping."
Felicity: "Great! How does CTO of Smoak Technologies sound?"

Felicity: "Oh! You're not even gonna ask about benefits?"
Alena: "I don't care about the benefits as long as there's no crappy vest requirement. I am in!"

Oliver: "Once upon a time, I actually shot Roy Harper and Barry Allen. It was to illustrate a point. My guess is that her point is she doesn't want to be stalked anymore."
E2 Laurel: "Or maybe sister has brother wrapped around her little finger. You know, the Oliver I knew, he had a blind spot for family, and I'm guessing you do, too."
Oliver: "It's called loyalty. I know that's a concept you don't totally understand."

Felicity: "The symbol also pops up on artifacts dating all the way back to 14th-century Italy, the real Dante's era. The insignia is mostly commonly found on ephemera that is connected to times of historical upheaval - the Russian Revolution, the colonization of the Americas, the War of Roses."
Rene: "So you're saying Dante runs a secret society responsible for centuries of worldwide regime change?"

Rene: "Also, why are we taking Laurel's word about anything?"
Felicity: "Hey. Laurel has changed a lot. I mean, she's been a really good friend to me Not to say that your sister's evil, but she's changed a lot."

Dante: "I didn't know the Bertinellis employed child labor."
Young Emiko: "Pays better than a lemonade stand, and the cops don't hassle a kid."

Emiko: "I shouldn't be here. Dante will find me. It's just a matter of time, and you will all be targets."
Oliver: "Yeah? Well it won't be the first time."

Felicity (to Team Arrow): "Archer may have crashed, but computers will never replace people."

Felicity: "Hey, guys. Think I got something."
Oliver: "That was fast."
Felicity: "One point for the humans."

E2 Laurel: "Mr. Hernandez, do you know who I am?"
Hernandez: "You're the D.A. who used to be a vigilante."

Felicity (to Oliver and Emiko): "Ooh. Cute. A little brother-sister crime-fighting duo time. I like it."

Felicity (to Oliver and Emiko): "I'm just about to go down into the deepest, darkest, most dungeony part of this bunker and give it a full system reboot. And hopefully then, you know, Archer can be back online, we can find Dante, and all my dreams of Smoak Tech saving the world don't have to die." 

Oliver: "You went looking for a family, and you chose the Ninth Circle?"
Emiko: "Better than living as a Queen."

Felicity (to Oliver): "You can take a minute to process this if you need to."

Felicity: "Yeah, or you could do exactly the opposite of what your wife recommends."

Diggle: "You want to talk? Not even to the guy who found out his long lost sibling was secretly an evil double agent?"
Oliver: "Being reminded that this has happened before is not really making things better."

Oliver (about the invisible drones): "Overwatch, it would be very helpful if I could see them."

Alena: "I assume that's always the case. Honestly, going over Archer has made me happier than I've been in months. The algorithms you programmed are like this beautifully composed rondo finale."
Felicity: "A rondo what, now?"
Alena: "Not into opera. Got it."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

From 718 (Lost Canary)...

Oliver: "Precious cargo." (Gesturing to stomach and then to Felicity)
Felicity: "I know."

Diggle: "Felicity tell you how she tracked the rifle to this apartment?"
Oliver: "Just call her a genius and leave it at that."

E2 Laurel (to Felicity): "Ooh! Congratulations, Detective Felicity."

E2 Laurel (to Dinah): "Oh, I thought you'd be happy. You were right about me all along. Oh, and it's too bad that you don't have your cry anymore."
Sara: "But I still have mine."

Sara: "I know you're not my sister, but in another world or another life, you could've been. And my father believed in you."
E2 Laurel: "Well, he was wrong. But you're right about one thing. You're not my sister." (Throws knife at her)

Felicity (to Dinah): "I modified O.G. Laurel's old collar. Same tech, new look."

Felicity (to Dinah): "In my defense, if anyone's gonna get through to Laurel, it's her sister - well, not her real sister, but the face of her sister - you know what I mean."

Shadow Thief: "Which one was Felicity?"
E2 Laurel: "The chatty one."

Sara: "You've come a long way from the I.T. girl secretly crushing on Oliver Queen."
Felicity: "Apparently, it wasn't much of a secret. Everybody knew. Zero poker face. And I always wondered, you know, were you flirting with me all those times you said I was cute?"
Sara: "Why? Were you into it?"
Felicity: "Of course. It's you." 

Sara: "Felicity Smoak is killing people now? I really have missed a lot."
Felicity: "The point is, is that I didn't kill anyone because Laurel pulled me back from the edge. That's what I want to do for her now, you know, send her out a lifeline."

Felicity (to Dinah): "Not to belabor the point or anything, but it would have been really nice to have White Canary here with us - the flight. Heh! You know, since you're both Canaries and everything."

Mia: "Then come with me. Instead of hiding in the shadows, let's take this fight to Galaxy One. Make them pay for blood with blood."
Older Dinah: "Sometimes, I don't know who you sound more like - your mother or your father."

Older Dinah (to Mia): "Do you know why I started the Canaries, what it represents? This is more than just some rebellion group. It's a support system. This is a way for women to know we always have each other's backs no matter what happens, whenever we need it most. Something I failed to do for a friend once. But ever since that happened with her, I made a promise to myself that I would never make that mistake again. That's why we wear these. (Shows Mia a silver Canary pin) To honor that promise, and the bravery and the sacrifice shared with these amazing women, who somehow - no matter how many times they get knocked down - they always find the strength to get back up and fight again. And that is exactly what the surviving Canaries are going to do, together, but when the time is right." 

Sara (to E2 Laurel): "Nobody's as good as the original Laurel Lance. Not even me. Look, I don't know what you've heard about me, but basically, I had an affair with my sister's boyfriend, I allowed my entire family to think that I was dead, and then I became a League-trained assassin."

Sara (to E2 Laurel): "So what? You think you deserve a medal for trying to be good for five seconds? Redemption isn't a destination. It's a journey."

Sara (to E2 Laurel): "Don't look surprised. Your friend's suit is basically a giant tracker."
Dinah: "And we happen to know somebody who's very good with a computer."

Felicity: "Forget living up to Laurel's legacy, and forget being who Lance wanted you to be. What do you want?"
E2 Laurel: "I want you to get out of my way."
Felicity: "I guess if you're okay with that device killing people, you may as well start with me."
Dinah: "Me too."
Sara: "And me."

Dinah: "How long do you need to arm it?"
Felicity: "90 seconds. But how are we gonna get out?"
Sara: "Birds fly, don't they? Let's buy her some time."

Sara: "We are pretty badass together."
Felicity: "Yeah. Like a Birds of Justice."

E2 Laurel: "I am so tired of running. It's time for me to go home now."
Felicity: "Home? As in Earth-2 home?"
E2 Laurel: "Yeah. Someone in similar shoes told me, if I wanted to be one of the good guys, that I needed to right my wrongs. And the only way to do that is to go back to where it all started."

E2 Laurel: "It's Laurel's Black Canary costume."
Felicity: "Yeah. Yeah. I thought you could use it here, but, you know, maybe Earth-2 needs a Black Canary. You are still planning on being good, right?"

Felicity (to Oliver): "And we did it. Super easy, you know. It was like Charlie's Angels without the feathered hair and casual sexism."

Oliver (to Felicity): "Well, I'm here now, so I'll take care of you."

Older E2 Laurel (handing helmet to Mia): "Give this to Felicity. You look so much like her, and you may not be a Canary, and you still have a long way to go to prove that you're a hero. Take it from someone who knows how hard it can be, and don't screw it up."

Edited by tv echo

From 719 (Spartan)...

Felicity (about Emiko being told that Dante killed her mother): "Well, that would be enough for me to turn myself against the evil organization that raised me as a child."

Virgil (to Alena): "Pistol beats keyboard, darling."

Felicity: "You must be General Stewart. AKA the stepfather that John hasn't told his closest friends about."

Diggle (to Oliver, about General Stewart): "It was bad enough that, uh, he just appeared in our lives, but once he and my mom got married, he had me and Andy running Spartan survival drills he learned as a recon marine."

Mia (to Connor): "Ha, ha. John Diggle has one son in Knightwatch and another who's leader of the Deathstroke Gang. That must make family dinners interesting."

Oliver: "I'd imagine his files are really, really classified."
Felicity: "'Really, really classified' sounds really, really fun. I'm on it."

General Stewart (to Dante): "My name is General Roy Stewart. Serial number 498003145, United States Marine Corps."

Alena (to Felicity): "It's like we're tracking the DNA of a DNA tracker. This is so meta."

Felicity (to Alena): "I wanted to invent something that would help save the city, and instead I made something that can destroy it. Oh, my God. I'm a mad scientist. Oh, my God, no. It's so much worse than that. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. I'm my dad."

Felicity (to Alena): "I love Team Arrow, but it is not enough. I need to do something separate. I need to do something separate that can still do good, and that's what Archer was supposed to be. You know, my way of making my mark on the world, and not as Overwatch. As me."

Felicity: "We're currently in a tie between good news and bad news, the good news being that I destroyed Archer, which I can't believe I'm counting as good news."

General Stewart: "Every child deserves to believe that his father is a hero. And believing it, you became one. If he could see you today, I know he would be so proud of you."
Diggle: "If I'm a hero, it was all because of you. Sir."

Felicity (to Alena): "I'm sorry I destroyed our golden goose. Golden egg. Goose?"

Alena (to Felicity): "Hey, for what it's worth, being Overwatch won't be your only legacy. It'll be whatever you do next here at Smoak Tech. Because it's not Archer that was destined to change the world. It's you, Felicity Smoak."

Older Felicity: "This helmet is a satellite to a much larger network. Galaxy One was able to expand Archer."
Connor: "Hold on. I know Big Brother getting bigger isn't exactly great, but isn't Archer just a surveillance program?"
Older Felicity: "No, not if you weaponize it. Wearing one of these would be like wearing an A.I.-powered sixth sense. Pair that with tech-enhanced strength and agility. One of those troopers was able to take out half the Canaries. A whole army of them, they'll be unstoppable."

Edited by tv echo

General Stewart (to Dante): "My name is General Roy Stewart. Serial number 498003145, United States Marine Corps."

Was it Roy or Royce?  I thought I heard Royce but I didn't have the closed caption on.  

12 minutes ago, tv echo said:

When I watched the episode live, I wasn't sure if it was "Roy" or "Royce," but when I re-watched it on The CW website this morning, the closed-captioning had it as "Roy."

Now I'm hoping they got it wrong cause yet ANOTHER character with the same name, that's just getting painful, lol.  

Edited to add:  Looked up Roy Stewart in connection to DC. In the comic he's listed as John Stewart's Grandfather.  So another Roy it is.  Those original comic creators were terrible at unique names.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

Older Felicity: "No, not if you weaponize it. Wearing one of these would be like wearing an A.I.-powered sixth sense. Pair that with tech-enhanced strength and agility. One of those troopers was able to take out half the Canaries. A whole army of them, they'll be unstoppable."

Mirakuru soldiers Take 2.

From 720...

Felicity: "Right. So that's a 'no' on the evil sister redeeming herself then."

Rene: "The terrifying bacteria that eats through everything? Yeah, let's keep that contained."

Rene: "And I'll hang back with Felicity and help her with the typey-type."
Felicity: "That's okay."
Rene: "Moral support."

Felicity (to Dinah and Sgt. Bingsley): "I'm sure the kidnapping was extremely traumatic. He probably just went to go get some R&R, some Roy Relaxation... Not funny. I see that now."

Felicity (to Roy): "Oh! Oh, I missed you so much. Sorry. I'm just a little overly emotional these days. I mean, not overly emotional, not, like, heightened or anything. Because why would that be? My hormones are totally in check, like they always have been. Nerves of steel. You know me. I'm cool."

Felicity (to Dinah and Sgt. Bingsley): "The facilities at Aerodyne are no joke, and Roy is incredible at parkour."

Felicity (to Dinah and Sgt. Bingsley): "Just like that, piece of cake. Oh, which actually sounds so good right now. Do you guys have any cake or cupcakes or anything with, like, a cake-like -"

Felicity: "Could I maybe get a pizza? Just a personal size is fine."
Dinah: "No. I think you've abused your food privileges enough for today."

Felicity: "Oh, wow! This thing is a fossil, and not in a fun Ice Age way."

Oliver: "Roy is and always will be as much a part of this team as the rest of us."

Oliver (to Roy): "How did you die?"

Emiko (to Oliver): "I had the chance to warn our father about the Gambit. It was rigged to explode, and I knew about it. I let our father die because he didn't deserve to live. And neither do you. Bye, brother."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

From 721...

Hallucination Tommy (to Oliver): "You look shocked. Is it the beard?"

Alena: "I don't know how you ever breathe on this job."
Felicity: "I don't."

Alena (to Felicity, upon seeing Emiko): "Hey, um, random question. Did you add another hero to your Justice League?"

Felicity (to Emiko): "Please don't kill me! I'm pregnant! This baby is innocent. Just like you were when Robert left your family. Please don't kill an innocent child."

Alena: "Just let me repeat. You. Are you okay?"
Felicity: "Almost dying? Nothing I haven't done 100 times before. Am I right?"
Alena: "Well, the first time you've done it when it's not just you."
Felicity: "Sadly, no. William, the poor kid. I mean, all he ever wanted was a normal life. Loses his mom, gets kidnapped way too many times, the final straw - begin taken hostage by a serial killer. I mean, how's life gonna be any different for this kid?"

Alena: "Hey. At Smoak Tech, you defended yourself like a badass. You will find a way to protect those kids."
Felicity: "How?"
Alena: "Think of it like a computer program. How do you secure a system? You get a really good firewall, and you take it offline."
Felicity: "I can't exactly take my entire life off the grid."
Alena: "Well, why not?"
Felicity: "I have a company, for one."
Alena: "Well, luckily, you have a fantastic CTO who can run it for you. You want a different life for this kid, right?"
Felicity: "Yes."
Alena: "Well, then, you're gonna need to do something different this time."

Oliver; "What was that?"
Hallucination Tommy: "I don't know. I'm just a figment of your imagination."

Hallucination Tommy: "Well, then you know exactly what it feels like to be your father. The fear, how that leads to vengeance, how that leads to cruelty. It's why he abandoned Emiko. It is why she is trying to kill you now. Oliver, look, I know you think that you have broken your father's cycle, but as long as you are giving in to your worst impulses, you are never going to be free."
Oliver: "What am I supposed to do? Just tell me what I'm supposed to do."
Hallucination Tommy: "Lean in to the best parts of yourself - your loyalty, your selflessness, your courage, your compassion, and show that side to Emiko. You are living proof that people can change, and you have got to find a way to see that in her, too."

Oliver: "Tommy. I miss you every day."
Hallucination Tommy: "I know, but I'm always with you. It's time to wake up now."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

From 722... 😢 😌 😊

Older Felicity: "Ohh. Smoak Tech flex-restraints. Nice to see another one of my creations being used against me."

Adult William: "What are they gonna do with us?"
Older Rene: "You mean, before they torture us to find out what you stole off Kevin Dale's computer or after?"
Adult William: "I'm gonna stop asking questions now."

Oliver (to Felicity): "If I don't break this cycle of violence, I just don't ever see us being able to provide a secure future for our family."

Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger (to disgruntled Star City resident): "He's trying to save you, dumbass."

Curtis (to Team Arrow): "It's like a whack-a-Cygnus."

Older Felicity: "Well, I'm glad, everyone is safe, to say the least. Does anyone need anything? Do we need any water? It's very important to hydrate."
Mia: "No. And we don't need any snacks either."

Mia: "Why are you making that face?"
Older Felicity: "I am not making a face. This is my face. I might have put a backdoor into Archer that utilizes Queen/Smoak DNA so that you wouldn't be in the system."
Mia: "So you basically just erased me."

Mia (to Older Felicity): "Mom, you've trained me my whole life for this. Trust me."

Felicity (to Oliver over comms, avoiding confusion over two BCs): "BC, Laurel, and Wild Dog are still en route."

Older Dinah: "And your kids, they're no slouches either, Felicity. They're like their parents."
Older Felicity: "This is not the life that Oliver and I wanted for them. They're supposed to be living happy, normal lives right now. That was the only thing that Oliver asked me to do. It was the only thing that I promised him I would do. And I failed. Some mother I turned out to be."

Older Felicity: "I'm going to be watching over both of you."
Adult William: "We'll need you."

Roy: "Is the relay down, Overwatch?"
Felicity: "Oh, so down, it's in Australia."

Mia: "Take care of Mom. She's already lost so much. Here goes nothing." (Pushes button)
Adult William: "I just started getting used to having a sister. I'm not losing you now. You have 60 seconds until that wall goes boom. Get out of there!"

Emiko (dying, to Oliver): "You need to hide. Your family's gonna die. I made sure of it. You need to hide Felicity and the baby. ... I - I wanted to be a Queen."

Oliver: "I've spent a long time thinking about my legacy as the Green Arrow. I always hoped it would be saving the city. But now I know that my greatest legacy is this team. I started this mission alone. I was certain that I would end it alone. But the truth of the matter is that every bit of success that I've had along the way is because of all of you. The city is safe because of your courage, your compassion, your selflessness, and your loyalty."
Diggle: "Courage, compassion, selflessness, loyalty. Oliver, that sounds like the four Pillars of Heroism to me."
Dinah: "We should find a way to remember them to symbolize we will all be there for each other always no matter what."
Felicity: "Ooh, like a signal, you know. One of us is in trouble, we'll all come running. Inclluding you, Roy."
Oliver: "We should just call it the Mark of Four, right?"
Felicity: "That's brilliant."
Oliver: "Man, I really hope this isn't the last time we're all in this bunker together."
Diggle: "Hear! Hear! But it does feel like the end of an era."
Felicity: "Okay, well, let's just try to think of it as the beginning of a new one."

Older Felicity (to Mia, William, Zoe and Connor): "The four of you are the heroes that the city needs."

Older Felicity: "There's something I have to do before we say good-bye. Something to honor your father."

Diggle: "You know, the spirit of this place will live on long after we're gone. You've inspired so many people, Oliver. They will carry on your legacy."
Oliver: "Sounds like a cycle for good."
Diggle: "Far better than that. A cycle of heroes. Who will fight to defend this city with every fiber of their being."
Felicity: "Anyone ever told you you always know exactly what to say?"
Diggle: "I have been told."

Felicity (to Arrow Bunker): "Good-bye, old friend." (Leaves)

Felicity: "Well, you are part of that family, John. Maybe it's the pregnancy making me overly emotional, but, oh, I'm gonna miss you so much. We love you."
Diggle: "I love you." (Hugs her)  And you."
Oliver: "Yeah."

Felicity (to Diggle): "Hey. You maintain my Bunker. No food by the monitors. There's nothing worse than crumbs in a keyboard."

Felicity: "What now?"
Oliver: "Well, this isn't a tropical paradise, but we never did take our honeymoon."

Oliver (to the Monitor): "Now? I thought I had more time."

Oliver: "Will you help me save Barry and Kara or not?"
The Monitor: "No. But I will give you the means to save them."
Oliver: "Tell me what you need in exchange."
The Monitor: "Whatever the multiverse requires to survive the crisis that is looming. When it is time."

The Monitor: "I've seen your future, Oliver, inexorable and unavoidable. I have watched you die."
Oliver: "During this crisis?"
The Monitor: "I am truly sorry."

Oliver: "This is bigger than us. Than all of us."
Felicity: "Why does it always have to be you?"
The Monitor: "I cannot prevent his passing, but he can prevent the deaths of countless more, including you and your daughter. But he needs to come with me tonight."

Older Felicity (to Mia and William): "I promised your father that I would protect both of you until you didn't need me. He would be so proud. So proud of you two."

Older Felicity (to Mia and William): "I know, but he lives on in the two of you. It's time for me to go on a journey of my own. I love you both so much. So you promise me. That the two of you are gonna take care of each other, okay?" 

Oliver's Gravestone (engraved) "OLIVER QUEEN 1985-2019  Beloved son, brother, husband, and father  Hero of Star City  The Green Arrow."

Felicity: "This is why we can't have a normal life. This is why our children will never have normal lives."
Oliver: "I had to make the deal."
Felicity: "Oh, there's always gonna be some danger or some threat. The League of Assassins or HIVE or the Ninth Circle or... the end of the frickin' universe."
Oliver: "I need you to make me a promise."
Felicity: "Yeah, okay."
Oliver: "No matter what happens to me. No matter what. You need to do everything in your power (Voice cracks)... You - you need to keep William and Mia safe."
Felicity: "I will keep them safe. But wherever you go, whatever happens to you, you'll never leave me. (Puts her hands around Oliver's face) On our wedding day, you told me that I was the best part of you, but the truth is... we are the best parts of each other. And that is so much bigger than the frickin' universe." (Gently wipes away Oliver's tears)
Oliver (tearfully): "When I came back to Star City to start my mission, I didn't think that I was capable or deserving of love. But you opened up my heart in ways that I never th- thought were possible. (Crying) My only regret is not telling you I loved you sooner."
Felicity: "No regrets."
Oliver (tearfully): "Would you tell Mia that I love her every day? (Felicity nods) And I know that she will grow up to be as smart and as beautiful as her mom."
Felicity (tearfully): "I will find you... again. I promise."
Oliver: "I love you."
Felicity: "I love you so much."
(They kiss and then hug each other. Oliver leaves.)

Older Felicity: "I'm ready."
The Monitor: "Where I'm taking you, there is no return."
Older Felicity: "I have waited a very long time to see him. I'm ready." (Twists the wedding ring on her finger)

Edited by tv echo
Upon rewatch, I believe that Felicity said "frickin' universe" and not "friggin' universe".
  • Love 2

From 801 (Starling City)...

Oliver: "Seems Adrian and I have the same design sense."
E2 Laurel: "If, by that, you mean Felicity? Yeah. But this is my bunker."

E2 Adrian Chase (E2 Hood): "You get him to tell you the truth yet, Pretty Bird?"
E2 Laurel: "And nothing but. Seems Mr. Queen survived the Gambit and has spent the last 12 years on an island called Lian Yu."

Oliver: "It's supposed to be red."
Non-Felicity: "Excuse me."
Oliver: "Nothing. Sorry. I'm looking for Felicity Smoak."
Non-Felicity: "Ha, ha. Like Felicity Smoak would slum it in I.T. instead of running Smoak Tech."
Oliver: "Oh. Good for her. Sorry. Who does run the I.T. Department?"
(Oliver goes to office where there's a photo of Curtis and his husband Paul on the desk.)

Oliver: "How did you find me?"
Diggle: "It wasn't easy. It was like you disappeared off the face of the Earth. Until Felicity figured out that it was only our Earth."

Oliver: "Can you just believe me when I tell you this is different?"
Diggle: "Yeah. Felicity told me. Some God-like being talking about the end of the Universe. What didn't she tell me, Oliver?"
Oliver: "A Crisis is coming, John. He's seen what happens. He's watched me die."

Adult William: "Guys! No one listens to the tech guy!"

Diggle (to Oliver): "And I will be damned if I just let you go gently into that good night."

Adult William (to Mia): "Let me guess. When Mom and OG Team Arrow anointed us Version 2.0, you expected things to go a little better, right? I'm sure they had their growing pains, too."

Adult William (to Mia): "I believe that fate brought the four of us together for a reason. Just like it did our parents when they decided to save this city. Now it's our turn."

Diggle (to Oliver, referring to E2 Adrian Chase): "He's like you, Curtis and Felicity all rolled into one."

Oliver (to E2 Adrian Chase): "May I offer you some advice? Change 'The Hood' to 'Green Arrow.' Trust me."

Edited by tv echo

From 802 (Welcome to Hong Kong)...

Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. For seven years I have fought with only one goal - to save my city. But now a new threat has emerged, a danger so severe it has forced me to leave my family in order to face it. And it won't be enough for me to just be the Green Arrow. To prevent the Crisis that's coming, I'm going to have to become someone else. I'm going to have to become something else."

Oliver (referring to the Monitor): "... I have to believe him. I have no other choice."
Tatsu: "Even if that is true, he does not seem to care who he hurts along the way. Sometimes the mission is not worth the cost. You know that. So why are you still doing what he asks?"
Oliver: "Because if I'm wrong... if I'm wrong, then all of this is for nothing. You understand, Tatsu? I left Felicity. I left my children. So if - if the - if the Monitor can't fix this, and if he is not here to help, then all of these things that I have sacrificed and all of the other things that so many other people have already sacrificed will have been for nothing! I need my family to live. Which means, I need for this to work."
Tatsu: "You're risking too much."
Oliver: "There's no other choice."
Tatsu: "There's always another choice."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From 803 (Leap of Faith)...

Thea (looking at Oliver's photo of Felicity and Baby Mia): “Well, I’m guessing 'Mia'’s for Mom and not my Corto Maltese alias.”
Oliver: “Good guess.”
Thea: “She’s beautiful, Ollie.”

Mia: “Frak! William! Where is he? Ahhh!”
William: “Oh, it’s you. I’m here, I’m okay. I remembered how Mom hardwired the bunker’s power grid through the floor. Gave those guys the shock of their lives.”

Mia (to William): "You are the only family that I have left."

Oliver (to Thea): “I left my family behind Speedy, and I miss them. And every day I wrestle with whether or not I made the right decision because maybe I didn’t. And… I saw an entire world wiped out of existence. A world that you weren’t in, by the way, because I wasn’t around to protect you. I’m sorry, Thea, but the only way that I can bear this is if I become 100% certain that my sacrifice, that my death… will protect the people I love. I need my family to be safe.”

Thea: “No hōzen this time?”
Oliver: “Uh, Felicity gave it to William.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From 804 (Present Tense)...

Oliver (to Dinah and Rene): "We had a daughter... and we named her Mia. Felicity gave birth a few months after we left Star City."

William (to Mia): "Look at this place. It's new. And them! No gray hair. No wrinkles. And we are staring at our dad - alive - instead of at his tombstone."

Oliver (to Dinah and Rene): "I'm genuinely sorry that both of you found out this way. About Mia. About the Monitor. Felicity and I wanted to tell you."
Dinah: "Oliver, as far as excuses go, a cosmic being asking you to sacrifice your life to save the entire universe is a pretty good one."

William (after Mia comments that JJ's still out there): "You mean, out there 20 years in the future. Unless you're talking about the current JJ, who'd be, like, what, 5? And you're not going to 'thwick' him. (Off her look) Mia?"

Oliver: “Sorry about the boxes. Felicity and I left pretty suddenly to get to the cabin. And, um, we had planned to come back here with both of you at some point.”
Mia: “Yeah. That, um, didn’t really work out.”
Oliver: “Because I died.”
William: “We don’t know exactly. You just sort of disappeared.”

William (to Oliver): “Look, I’m not exactly sure how this time travel thing works. Maybe we shouldn’t bring Mom into this until we have a better understanding of what this is.”

William: “Mia will come around. You know, she can be a little bit – a little bit stubborn. And hard to reach sometimes.”
Oliver: “Shocker. Where’d she get that from?”
William: “Mom, I guess.” (They both laugh)

Curtis (to Oliver): “I can’t believe that’s your son, that’s William. I can, however, definitely believe that that is your daughter.”

Curtis: “So the fate of the universe is in my hands? Cool.”

E2 Laurel: "Were you ever planning on sharing that information with the rest of the class?"
Mia: "No.'
E2 Laurel (to Oliver): "Clearly your daughter."

Mia: "You don't get a say! You gave up that right when you left me and Mom alone in that cabin. How could you just abandon us?"
Oliver: "Because I chose to keep you safe, and I chose right."
Mia: "You just wanted to be a hero, so you put your mission above your family. Don't worry. You'll learn to live without me pretty easy, just like I learned to live without you."

William (watching Grant Wilson/Deathstroke on the news) : "This might be how it starts. This might be the beginning of the future."

Oliver: “We need to focus on tracking down Grant. Felicity’s search algorithm should still be on the computer.”
William: “Way ahead of you. Wow. Mom really liked playing fast and loose with the Fourth Amendment, huh?”

E2 Laurel (to Mia): "I would never tell anyone to listen to Oliver Queen. No offense, but I'm not exactly a very big fan of your father's. He's kind of a dick."

Mia: "So, what, you're an expert on talking people out of murder?"
E2 Laurel: "Kind of. I had to when Felicity wanted to take down Ricardo Diaz."
Mia: "My mom tried to kill someone?"
E2 Laurel: "No, because I talked her out of it. And, look, I get it. You and your mom, you're both women who won't allow themselves to be talked out of anything, and I appreciate that. But Felicity, she never regretted changing her approach. So maybe you should try doing things differently, too."

Curtis (to William): "Look at us - Holt and Smoak 2.0."

Oliver (to Mia): "Hate me if you want. I’m not letting you do this.”

Edited by tv echo

From 805 (Prochnost)...

Oliver: "Nyssa taught you well."
Mia: "Mom made sure of it."

William (to Oliver, about Mia): "She's a machine, Dad. They don't need breaks."

William (to Oliver): "I created a facial recognition algorithm to find that General that Curtis told us about, which was a lot harder than it sounds, because, no offense to Felicity, but these computers are like a million years old."

Anatoly: "Now, I have seen some very crazy things in my life, but adult children of Oliver Queen sitting in my bar. (To William) I hope you do not think badly of me. You were little, and I was on the wrong side of history."

Anatoly (to Oliver) : "Maybe you should've kept your secret identity secret."

Diggle: "You may have started on Lian Yu, Roy, but that's not where you ended. Felicity sent William to that island to find you because she believed in you. You go back to Star City, man. You work with the kids. You help them save the city, Roy."

Oliver: "I'm your father, all right? It is my primary job in the world to protect you."
Mia: "We don't need that. In the future, we're the ones that are saving the city."
Oliver: "Well, this isn't the future! This is months after I was heartbroken right before I left that (To William) I couldn't get you on the phone at your grandparents. (To Mia) So I walked into your room to look at you one last time, and you looked back at me from your crib."
Mia: "And because you made the choice to protect us, I had to spend my whole life alone. I didn't have a chance to get to know my brother, to get to know you."
Oliver: "I'm sorry that it worked out that way. And - and both of you can decide on your own how much - how much you want to hate me, and how much blame you want to assign. But I made a promise to your mother to keep you safe. And there there is no world, there is no universe, there's no past, present or future where I break it."

Mia (to E2 Laurel): "You're the Black Canary. All I've ever heard are stories about how great you are. In the future, you even save me once like it was nothing."

William: "Fancy rich guy is the role I was born to play."

Anatoly (to Mia): "Congratulations. Now you my favorite American."
Oliver: "Hey, don't get too excited. He has a lot of favorite Americans."

Mia: "Don't forget to send me that picture of my dad with that haircut."
Anatoly: "Don't forget to ask about Bratva tattoo. We have matching."
Oliver: "Used to. Used to, actually."

Anatoly (to Oliver): "I can be the fun uncle."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

From 806 (Reset)...

E2 Laurel: "How'd you find this place?"
Oliver: "Uh, we analyzed the bomb and traced the chemical signature back to this building."
E2 Laurel: "Interesting."
Oliver: "What?"
E2 Laurel: "Your mouth, but Felicity's words."

Oliver: "You lied to us, Lyla. You lied to John."
Lyla: "Keeping this from John has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do."
Oliver: "Then why do it?"
Lyla: "The same reason you left Felicity and Mia in the cabin. To protect my family."

Oliver: "Why did he involve my children?"
Lyla: "Time is a gift."

Edited by tv echo

From 807 (Purgatory)...

Oliver (voiceover): "The name of the island they found me on is Lian Yu. It's Mandarin for Purgatory. Now I understand why. The memories, the pain, I've never escaped them. They're always with me, a reminder of what I had to endure with only one thought, one goal - survive. To save the multiverse, I must become something else. To do that, I have to return to where my journey began - Purgatory."

Oliver: "Someone needs to protect William."
William: "Gee, thanks! ... It's fair."

William: "Building this weapon with 2019 tech may actually kill me. I miss the future."

William: "Well, do you know how to calculate the volume of a sphere?"
Mia: "Four-thirds pi times radius cubed. I was raised by Felicity, too, remember?"

William: "These are the most complicated coding and design sequences I have ever seen, and I'm including 2040 when I say 'ever.'"

William: "This is exactly what happened with Felicity. You were angry with her, but you still wanted to save her."
Mia: "I'm not just going to sit here and do nothing, okay? I will not leave him alone out there. I - I will not... let him die. I let myself believe for just - just a minute that I could actually have my dad."
William: "Look. When I was a kid, I spent a lot of time pushing him away, because I never thought that I could lose him, and then he disappeared."
Mia: "Yeah. Now we might lose him again. How are you so calm about this?"
William: "I'm not, but when I was little, Felicity had me down in that bunker, watching Dad out in the field, and I saw that he could cheat death more than anyone. But if this really is the end, I don't want to waste the time that I have left with him being angry. Do you?"

Oliver: "The first thing you taught me - shengcun, survive. Well, I can't do that anymore." 
Yao Fei: "Shengcun is more than body. It is spirit. What lives on. Like I did in Shado. Like she does in you. That is survive."
Oliver: "How do I do that?"
Yao Fei: "You live now, with your children, with the time you have left."

Oliver: "I feel like I'm always asking you for favors."
Diggle: "Anything you need, Oliver. Always."
Oliver: "I need those kids back in 2040, somehow, some way, before whatever's gonna happen happens."
Diggle: "Yeah. I was thinking about the same thing. I'll make sure they get home safe."
Oliver: "One more thing. When this is over, track down Felicity and... just tell her that I don't want Mia and William kept separated. I think that they deserve to grow up with each other."

Diggle: "I'm gonna stick by your side for as long as I can, but I know you have to do this alone."
Oliver: "Every mission has an end."

Oliver: "This island taught me to survive. It turned me into someone else, somebody better than the person I was before. So despite my feelings, there are no stories about the Green Arrow to tell if I don't make my way to Lian Yu, and I'm also not standing at this moment looking at my daughter."
Mia: "Thank you for letting me be a part of your story, even if it was only for a little while."
Oliver: "Mia, something tells me you're gonna create your own stories."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Arrow-related quotes from Supergirl 509 (Crisis On Infinite Earths: Part One)...

Mia: "Uh, I'm Mia. I'm Oliver's daughter."
J'onn J'onzz: "I never knew he had a daughter."
Mia: "He gets that a lot."

Sara: "You know, Oliver. I've seen playboy Oliver, vigilante Oliver, but I never thought I would see parent Oliver."
Oliver: "It's weird, right?"
Sara: "So weird. But... it looks good on you."

Oliver (after giving Mia her own Green Arrow suit): "I don't think that that one would fit me. There should always be at least one Green Arrow."

Oliver (before they fight the Shadow Demons): "Remember, Mia, whatever happens... find your mother. Tell her how much I love her.”

Sara (to Earth-16 Older Oliver): "Ollie. If your me was anything like I was, then getting on the Gambit with you was her choice. And in my world, that trip - it set off a whole series of events that neither you nor I could've ever dreamed of. You became a hero, a husband, a father. And I'm flying through time happier than I've ever been. And none of that would've ever happened if I didn't get on that boat with you. It was destiny. ... You're a good man, on every Earth."

The Monitor (about Oliver): "He fought to his last breath, knowing every moment was another life saved ... Your universe is no more. Of 7.53 billion... three billion souls made it to Earth-1 on the armada of ships. I calculate one billion souls survived due to his noble sacrifice."

Oliver (to Mia, while dying): "Don't forget to find your mother... Find William. Tell them how much I love 'em. I love you, Mia. You keep me in your heart, okay?"

The Monitor (about Oliver): "It was not supposed to be like this. This is not his ending I foresaw."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Arrow-related quotes from Batwoman 109 (Crisis On Infinite Earths: Part Two)...

The Monitor: "I enlisted the assistance of Felicity Smoak, who earned the wisdom of a second book. ... The Tome of the Guardians."

Sara: "Your father wouldn't take 'no' for an answer either. When I think of all the stupid stuff we got into when we were your age, it's amazing we didn't get arrested more."
Mia: "Arrested more?"
Sara: "But you're way smarter than him. You get that from your mom."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Arrow-related quotes from Flash 609 (Crisis On Infinite Earths: Part Three)...

Spectre: "Jim Corrigan. ... But I'm also someone else. Something else. A Spectre."
Spectre: "In another life, I was a decorated police officer, a hero in my own right. But then I was called to a higher purpose. It's your turn now, Oliver. Only you can light the spark now, Oliver. It is your destiny."
Oliver: "What is my destiny?"
Spectre: "To save everyone. Otherwise, all universes, all the people you love, will perish."

FYI, here's video of this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE7CSelPpJY 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Felicity quotes from Crisis On Infinite Earths 100-Page Giant #1 (tie-in comic)...

Spoiler

Felicity (narrator): "This is where I come into the story. I'm the cute blonde over there. No, the other one. The one behind the Atom."

Felicity (to the Monitor): "'I hacked this Waverider's records... The man I love - who means more to me than a thousand universes - is dead and not only do you not tell me, you act like this is just another Thursday?"
The Monitor: "Oliver Queen died saving lives. And now we must act to save worlds. Outkast knows the identity of the Paragons --."
Felicity: "You just pick words at random, don't you?"
The Monitor: "The Paragons have the ability to re-spark the multiverse should my 'brother' purge its existence. You mourn your husband, honor his legacy. See that his sacrifice was not in van. Find Outkast. Learn the names of the Paragons."
Felicity (walking out): "%$#@ you."

Felicity: "Oh my God, Lyla. The Monitor told us what was going to happen - that he saw Oliver die - but I - I --.I never really believed... I never really thought... What am I going to do now?"

Barry: "Felicity. C'mere. (Hugs her) Slow down a sec. You've been though a trauma. You're in shock..."
Felicity: "I'm not. I'm focused."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

This article includes several quotes attributed to each of the following characters: Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, Thea, William, Mia, Sara, E1 Laurel, E2 Laurel, Quentin, Dinah, Rene, Curtis, Malcolm, Slade, and Barry - so I picked out a few to quote below (actually, I think there are better quotes than the ones in this article)...

The absolute best ‘Arrow’ quotes of all time
Bec Heim   January 6, 2020
https://filmdaily.co/news/best-arrow-quotes/ 

Oliver Queen
“You told me once that life is precious and you wanted more from it than I could offer you. Don’t give up on that. The only way that I’m gonna survive this is if I know that you’re out there living your life, happy.”
John Diggle (David Ramsey)
“Besides, Army regulations. A brother never lets a soldier go into battle alone.”
Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)
“You have saved so many people’s lived and you have changed so many for the better, including mine. Knowing you has changed my life. You’ve opened up my heart in a way I didn’t even know was possible. I love you.”
Thea Queen (Willa Holland)
“Why is it so hard for everyone to just tell the truth?”
William Queen (Ben Lewis)
“I believe that fate brought the four of us together for a reason. Just like it did our parents when they decided to save this city. Now it’s our turn. We don’t want to mess it up, do we?”
Mia Smoak (Katherine McNamara)
“Thank you for letting me a part of your story, even if it was only for a little while.”
Sara Lance (Caity Lotz)
“Word of advice? We’re not our masks and we need people in our life who don’t wear one.”
Laurel Lance (Earth-2) 
“Yeah, someone told me that if I wanted to be one of the good guys that I needed to right my wrongs, and the only way to do that is to go back to where it all started.”
Barry Allen (Grant Gustin)
“I think you’re full of crap. Look, you’ve convinced yourself that you’ve traded away your humanity, but I think it’s because of your humanity that you made it through. You wouldn’t have survived, much less come out a hero – somebody that wants to do good – if you didn’t have a light inside of you.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Arrow-related quotes from Arrow 808 (Crisis On Infinite Earths: Part Four)....

Oliver: "Felicity told you the truth, and you should trust her judgment."
Ray Palmer: "How can I do that? Her perception of you is clearly clouded by her emotional attachment. She's not seeing you for what you really are."

Spectre Oliver (to the Anti-Monitor): "You have failed this universe."

Oliver (dying again, to Barry and Sara): "I need both of you to watch over my family."

Oliver: "It's an end. And it's the beginning. You remember what I told you?"
Barry: "Dying is the easy part."
Oliver: "I'm at peace. The real heroes?"
Barry: "They're the one that have to keep going."
Oliver; "So keep going. Don't ever stop. This world - this new world, it needs both of you."

And Arrow-related quotes from LoT 500 (Crisis On Infinite Earths: Part Five)...

Sara: "I know. Listen to me. Look, we all - we all died. The entire universe, the multi-verse. Now we're back. That means Oliver, he might be back too."
Rene: "After the brain dump, we had Felicity run a global search. I mean, nobody's better at finding people, but they've got to be here to be found."
Sara: "You don't know. Look, when Oliver died, he became something else. He - he called it the Spectre. Then, maybe Felicity, she just can't find him in that form. Dig, she just can't find him in this form!"
Diggle: "Sara... Sara, gone is gone. He's gone."

U.S. President (on television): "My fellow Americans, today, our way of life, our world, almost came to an end. An entity known as the Anti-Monitor attacked Earth, intent on its destruction. Thankfully, we were saved by Earth's greatest heroes... Their unity and strength should be an example for us all. I'm told that this assembly was led by Star City's Oliver Queen, otherwise known as the Green Arrow. We give thanks to these brave women and men who, with great tenacity, tireless work, and the utmost courage, put their lives on the line for our country, our planet... While, in a hard-fought battle, loss is expected, it never gets any easier. So it is with great sadness that I must inform you that Oliver Queen sacrificed his life for our world's survival. He is known to us as the first of our heroes, and while this is a devastating loss, we can take solace in knowing that he lived as he died, with honor. I ask all of you to join me in a moment of silence to honor him now. (Pauses) A grateful nation thanks you, Mr. Queen. May you finally find rest in the hereafter. God bless you, and God bless the United States of America. Good night."

Oliver (voiceover): "In the end, there was only one. A single, black infinitude. Then the infinitude found release. And finally, the darkness broke, filling it with life... with the multi-verse. Every existence multiplied by possibility, and spread out by space and time in infinite measure. Civilizations rose and fell. And rose again across reality's grasping expanse. Life. A precious gift, persevering in the face of every obstacle, until, finally, the Age of Heroes was born."

Edited by tv echo

From 809 (Green Arrow & the Canaries)...

JJ: "Mia Queen, I love you more than anything in the whole world. Will you marry me? Please say 'yes.'"
Mia: "Yes, of course! ... Of course. I love you so much."

E2 Laurel (to Dinah): “Black Canary and the owner of the SCPD now owns a bar. Also, when did you learn to sing?”

Mia (to her friends): "It was my mom's. JJ knew I'd want the family ring. He's honestly the most thoughtful guy in the world."

William (to Mia): "Speaking of tomorrow, there's gonna be an office for you at Smoak Tech."

E2 Laurel: "Are you really that naive?"
Mia: "Are you really that judgmental?"

E2 Laurel: "You know I dated your dad, right? Well, a version of him anyway."
Mia: "Gross."
E2 Laurel: "My Oliver also went down on the Gambit, also cheated with my sister."
Mia: "Please stop talking."
E2 Laurel: "People are who they are, Mia, no matter what timeline, universe, or Earth, and that's not your fault."

E2 Laurel: "Oh, he'll get over it. Or, you'll move on to someone who wasn't a homicidal maniac in another life. Win-win."
Mia: "Oh, frak you."

E2 Laurel: “Do you see how selfish you’re being?”
Mia: “Me? You’re the one who’s using my friend to drag Dinah and me back into this superhero crap. Just because you can’t handle the fact that Star City’s fine and doesn’t need you to be the Black Canary anymore.”
E2 Laurel: “And here I thought making you remember your old life would open your eyes to how pointless and stupid your new one is.”
Mia: “My stupid and pointless life is the one that my father sacrificed himself to give me. Don’t you dare trivialize that!”

Mia (to E2 Laurel): “You had no right to make me remember."

JJ (to Mia): "When I see you, I see the rest of my life. I can't marry someone who doesn't feel the same."

E2 Laurel (to Dinah): “Since when did you learn to do all this Felicity stuff?”

E2 Laurel: "Mia, I spent so much of my life choosing the easy path. And for me, that meant becoming Black Siren and destroying things and killing people. It's not a good look."

Dinah: “You’ve been pushing Mia real hard, which is weird, because normally you keep a fairly healthy, snark-filled distance from caring too much about anything. This is personal.”
E2 Laurel: “Look, I wasted a lot of time pretending to be something I wasn’t because it was easier, and I don’t Mia making the same mistake.”

E2 Laurel: “Mia, this is your city… and you’re the Green Arrow.”

Mia: “Oh, my God. You brought the pet rock.”
William: “Excuse me, are you referring to the hōzen? This is the closest thing we have to a family heirloom, passed down from Dad to Aunt Thea to Mom and to me. Show some respect, please.”

Edited by tv echo

Felicity quotes from Crisis On Infinite Earths 100-Page Giant #2 (second tie-in comic)...

Spoiler

Felicity (to Barry): "And what I need to know... is how I'm going to go on without my daughter's father."

The Ray: "But what you're talking about here is very, y'know, cosmic. How do you expect a terrestrial computer to find these... what'd you call 'em?"
Felicity: "Paragons. But Ray, I'm just using my 'terrestrial computer' to hack into the Monitor's. He's got access to a lot more info than he's sharing with us. Including... Bingo! The vibrational frequency of the universe where the Book of Oa exists. Well, one of them, anyway."

Felicity (to The Ray): "According to the Monitor's records, it's a repository of all multiversal knowledge. Sounds like one-stop Paragon-shopping to me."

Felicity (to The Ray and Nyssa): "Omnipotence is no substitute for good, old-fashioned smarts... The Book of Oa is on, well, a planet called Oa. Feel free to come along."

Phantom Stranger (to Felicity): "I see your future, Felicity Smoak. The contours of it, at least. The path to Oa does not lead to Oliver Queen's resurrection. Nevertheless... I will take you there. For the multiverse entirely depends on you to divine the identities of the Paragons... provided the attempt does not drive you mad."

Guardian of Oa: "The teachings of Oa are not and will never be for mortal eyes."
Felicity: "Yeah, I heard. Don't care. We haven't crossed half of infinity to be told not no way, and not no how. The Paragons aren't just the last hope I have to save my husband... Who, by the way, bravely sacrificed his life to literally save billions of others... But they're the last hope the multiverse itself has to survive being blam-o'd out of existence. So you're gonna tell me everything you know and I'll be on my way, and you won't ever have to see me ever again. Well?"

Guardian of Oa: "Behold - the Book of Oa."
Felicity: "Man-o-man, no way that's gonna fit into my backpack."
Guardian of Oa: "Beware. Approach the Book without the proper protection and you risk losing... everything."
Felicity: "That's the thing. I already did. And I'm trying to get him back."

Felicity (narrator): "Oh, I see what's happening. I - I'm seeing things... images... from the Book. My past, present, and future."
Baby Mia: "Mama!"
Felicity: "Mia?"
Adult Mia: "Mother... is that you?"
Felicity (narrator): "They're all here. Everyone but -- Oliver? Oliver? T-Take my hand... I can save you. I will save -- NO!  Nononono!"

Felicity (narrator): "I - I'm seeing everything...throughout all time... Time wants me... wants to claim me...wants to take me part of... everything... and everywhen. But Oliver... I... could be with him."
Guardian of Oa: "Felicity! Do not surrender to time. It lies to you. It will not give you what you want. This is what I warned of. Temptation greater than the human soul. But you must resist. Forsake the time stream's temptations."
Felicity: "R-reality... yes... yes!"

Felicity (narrator): "Every cell in my body is screaming at me to come clean with Barry and tell him what I've learned. But I can't risk altering what's going to happen. What needs to happen. And not just for Oliver. For the entire multiverse. Every life that was or ever will be. Including hers. Mia. My daughter. A grown woman. Turning away from her... not letting her see me... not embracing her... It's the single hardest thing I've ever had to do."

Felicity: "What? No small talk first? Isn't that against the bad guy rule book? I read the Book of Oa. It's written in time itself. Point being, as far as information is concerned... you have to just be happy with what it gives you. And it gave me four out of seven. Kara... Supergirl... is the Paragon of Hope. Sara Lance is the Paragon of Destiny."
The Monitor: "And the other two?"
Felicity: "No names. Just 'clues,' I guess you could say. The Paragon of Courage is someone known as 'The Bat of the Future.' The Paragon of Truth is... not surprisingly... a Kryptonian. But one who's suffered a greater loss than most mortal men could ever endure."
Felicity (narrator): "I don't tell him about Oliver."

Felicity (narrator): "I'd like to think it's for the same reason I didn't tell Barry. ... But the truth is, I like giving Mr. 'Need to Know' a taste of his own medicine. However, I tell her. ... I tell her everything."
Felicity:" Mia, my love, your daddy can no longer be with us, but you need to know he isn't gone. He's in our hearts...."
Felicity (narrator): "I tell her how Oliver's purpose has gotten bigger. More important. His goal is no longer to save a single city... But the entire multiverse. To do this he had to become someone else. He had to become something else... The Spectre."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From the retrospective (Arrow: Hitting the Bullseye)...

Smoak Signals

Beth Schwartz: "When we first saw the dailies of Emily in that classic scene with her and the red pen, we just saw a different side to Stephen... There was just this chemistry that was undeniable."

Marc Guggenheim: "Felicity was kind of like this safety valve character."

Stephen Amell: "I think what she brought out of him and that lightness really was one of the main factors that allowed us to build out my character... You can only watch someone sulk around for so long."

Marc Guggenheim: "It was like, 'oh, this is gold,' and it provided this whole other color to the show."

Colton Haynes: "It's really a testament to Emily because she started the show as a one-day guest star... It's incredible."

Greg Berlanti: "And once she entered the show, we were able to find comedy and humor and lightness in a way that we hadn't been able to previously."

Beth Schwartz: "There's so many intense moments on the show... To break it up with some humor allows everyone to breathe."

Stephen Amell: "If you can't take the time every once in a while to wink at the viewer... you've got to lean into that a little bit."

Queen of Hearts

Colton Haynes: "Well, I like to say that I am the captain of the Olicity ship."

Beth Schwartz: "The two of them are amazing together, even through all their bumps."

Katherine McNamara: "I knew how much the fandom cared about their relationship."

Beth Schwartz: "That to me was the best time, when they were just starting to fall in love with each other."

Colton Haynes: "Their relationship has blossomed, and to see the heartache and the love between them has really, really been special to watch."

Beth Schwartz: "'We're falling for each other and we're heroes, which means one of us could die at any moment'... And that's always been the challenge of their relationship."

Stephen Amell: "She brought out this part of him, a vulnerability and emotionality that you really, I don't think, would have seen otherwise. I think that makes it the most important relationship that we've had on the show."

Marc Guggenheim: "Because of the events on Crisis On Infinite Earths, Oliver has succeeded. The mission is complete."

Beth Schwartz: "For him to become the ultimate hero, the person has sacrificed his life... It just felt the most fitting way to end the show."

Stephen Amell: "I hope when people look at the totality of his journey, redemption for him was saving the city... And, um, I feel like he did it."

Edited by tv echo

From 810 (Fadeout)...

Oliver (voiceover intro): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal - to save my city. For eight years, I've fought alongside brave men and women striving for justice. But then a Crisis came, and I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I made the ultimate sacrifice, which helped birth an entirely new universe. Now my friends and family will have to go on without me. And although I have become a Spectre, there is a part of me that will always be the Green Arrow."

Diggle (after doing the salmon ladder): "Hoo. I actually should have tried that sooner. It's not that hard, actually."
Rene: "That's because your arms are the size of telephone poles."

Rene: "So when's Felicity get to town?"
Diggle: "I don't know if she's coming."
Rene: "It's her husband's funeral, man."
Diggle: "Which is exactly why I think she might miss it. I don't know, Rene. She has a nanny watching Mia right now. Felicity hasn't even made it out of bed. I have no idea how to help her."

Mia (explaining to Dinah what she's doing at the computer in the Arrow Bunker): "Trying my best to channel my mom. Sorry. Um, when Sara dropped me off, she gave me this whole lecture about not telling people about the future, so - ... A few weeks before Sara showed up, something happened... (Flashback scene from 809 when Adult William is kidnapped) ... right in front of me. I couldn't do anything to stop it, and... I am already failing at being the Green Arrow."

Curtis: "Um, I tried running a quad-grid search tasked to a keyhole satellite array, but..."
Felicity: "That array's dark-sided as it undergoes a firmware upgrade, but fortunately when William moved to Central City, his overbearing stepmom implanted a subdermal tracking device into his arm. Ethical - debatable. Which went dark as soon as he re-entered Star City."

Lyla (to Diggle): "Oliver put our family back together. What happens if we can't do the same for him?"

Sara (about Mia): "Do you... want to meet her?"
Felicity: "I don't know. She - she might be here, but she's - she's also at home, waiting for me, and I get to see her grow up. I'm not sure I want to rush that."

E2 Laurel: "You're all of the people who Oliver would have wanted his sacrifice to bring back. And Laurel, she - she would have been on that list, too, if it wasn't for me. Oliver's death, it fixed everything else. Why didn't it fix this, too?"
Quentin: "Because, sweetheart, there is nothing about you that needed to be fixed."

Quentin Lance: "Thank you for coming. For a long time I hated Oliver Queen. I blamed him for the death of my youngest daughter. I blamed him for the violence in my city. I interrogated him. I hunted him. Persecuted him. I've never been more wrong in my life. Oliver Queen wasn't just a hero. He was a good man. He was an honorable person.The fact that he didn't start out that way makes him, in my book, even more honorable. He stands as a reminder to all of us that anyone can change. And so will this." ("OLIVER QUEEN GREEN ARROW" statue is unveiled.)

Moira (to Thea): "I think that Oliver could only change the things that didn't change him. And if not for your father and what he did for Oliver, your brother would never have become the man that he was."

Tommy (to E2 Laurel): "Well, I just found out there's a reality where I was dead, so that's the curve I'm grading on these days. The Laurel of, well, this Earth, um - she was my wife."

Talia al Ghul: "My condolences on your husband's passing."
Nyssa al Ghul: "I had our marriage erased."

Felicity: "I know. This morning, you were teething, and now you're - I mean, wow."
Mia: "Dad had a very similar reaction when he first saw me."
Felicity: "You met your father."
Mia: "Yeah. He trained me. He taught me to be a hero. How to be like him."
Felicity: "I can tell you're a lot like him."
Mia: "I can only hope."

Barry: "He was a good man. I was there at the end, and... every day, I'm tortured with the thought that I could have done more, should have done more."
Felicity: "No. You did everything that you could, Barry."
Barry: "How could you know that?"
Felicity: "Well, because, you know, I know you."

Anatoly: "There is no body down there, no?"
Tommy: "No. We buried a casket full of mementos."
Sara: "Does anybody want to say a few words?"
Felicity: "I'm barely keeping it together as it is."
Tommy: "I think that Oliver would've been worried that I'd say something tactless anyway, so...."
Barry: "I don't know what to say."
Kara: "Yeah. Words seem... meaningless."
Felicity (to Diggle): "Hey. Should be you."
Diggle: "The Oliver that I met eight years ago is not the one that we say good-bye to today. Oliver always told me that, in order to save his city, he had to become someone else, he had to become something else. I always thought that meant becoming the Green Arrow, but... today I realized that meant becoming a better man, the best man he knew how to be, and he took all of us with him on that journey. He changed everything. Oliver brought heroes into the world, he inspired heroes, he inspired all of us here. I was his brother, and Oliver Queen was mine. Of course, life will go on. It always does. But how, what twists and turns it will take, I can't say. I don't know what the future holds, except to say, expect the unexpected. Oliver may be gone, but his mission endures. That mission lives on. Oliver lives on in the people he inspired. Some will take that mission to the rest of the world... Maybe even beyond that. Because if the past eight years has shown us anything... it's that this universe is far bigger than any of us could have dared imagine, even if it is a little less bright without him in it."

Oliver: "Hi. Glad you could finally make it."
Felicity: "This is so nice. Not to complain, I just thought the afterlife would look a little less like your old office."
Oliver: "It's my mom's office. I wanted to be where I first saw you."
Felicity: "Well, that would be in the IT Department, seven floors down."
Oliver: "You sure?"
(Cut to 314 flashback scene when Oliver, who was secretly visiting Starling City, spied on Felicity who was dropping off a file.)
Oliver: "It's a long story... Lucky for us, we have all the time in the world for me to tell it to you."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Felicity was mentioned twice and Oliver was mentioned several times in The Flash 610 (Marathon) - here are a few quotes...

Barry (examining the Green Arrow mask that Oliver left as a gift for him): "Hey, do you see this? Right above the left eye. Oliver hasn't worn this in years. Why is there a mark on it?”
Diggle: “I don't know. Felicity skimped on the dry-cleaning?”

(tv echo: Okay, the Flash writers have done it again - I found the above remark another diss on an Arrow character and also kinda sexist. Why is it assumed that the wife does the laundry?)

Barry (after finding no Mirakuru on Lian Yu): "Okay, I need to run more tests. Or why don't we bring in the DEO? Or call Felicity or Thea. I mean, we we can't just let somebody create another Deathstroke. We have to stop this threat, man. I mean, I have to finish what Oliver started.”

Diggle: “You're searching for a mission that doesn't exist, Barry. But no amount of searching is gonna bring Oliver back. (Sighs) That man sprinted from crusade to crusade. But, Barry, life is more than just the mission, and unfortunately Oliver learned that too late. And he wouldn't want you going down that same path.”
Barry: “Oliver died so this Earth could live, Dig. I have to do everything I possibly can to protect it.”
Diggle: “Oliver died for more than this Earth's survival. Oliver laid down his life so the people he loved could live theirs. That includes you. Life's a marathon, not a sprint, Barry. Slow down and enjoy it.”

(tv echo: Once again, I have to take issue with the Flash writers. Oliver did learn that life was more than just the mission.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 2/8/2020 at 9:14 AM, tv echo said:

(tv echo: Okay, the Flash writers have done it again - I found the above remark another diss on an Arrow character and also kinda sexist. Why is it assumed that the wife does the laundry?)

I didn't take it that way, just that Felicity was in charge of the bunker goings-on more than anyone and was in possession of Oliver's belongings.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bettername2come said:

I didn't take it that way, just that Felicity was in charge of the bunker goings-on more than anyone and was in possession of Oliver's belongings.

Yeah, I had more of a problem with the weird continuity issues (WHY WOULD HIS MASK HAVE TRACES OF LIAN YU OR MIRAKURU WHEN HE NEVER WORE HIS MASK ON THE ISLAND, ESPECIALLY IN 314, THE EPISODE THIS FLASH EPISODE SPECIFICALLY REFERENCED?) more than this line, other than this weird dismissive/doubter role they put Diggle in in the beginning of the episode. Like, I legitimately thought there was some sort of scavenger hunt to do with his mask because Oliver is the type of sentimental guy (a line I had way more issues with) to do that kind of thing, and Diggle would have been on board with it.