Type keyword(s) to search

You Have Failed This City!: Quotes from Arrow

• Start Topic

Thea: I told you guys to call me Red Arrow!

Diggle: A red arrow just means you can't make a left turn.

Oliver: I don't need a therapist.

Amanda: The hood and eye makeup suggest otherwise.

Oliver: Stop the train.

Damian: No, I don't want to.

Oliver: R'as stabbed [Thea] right over there.

Felicity: Oh.

Oliver: We can get a rug.

• Love 1

Hypable's best TV quotes of the week included the following Felicity line...

Felicity: "I get to be bossy today because I’m the boss of a multi-million dollar corporation. I know I should be nervous, I know, but I’m not. I’m actually really excited.”

Felicity is excited about her first day of being the CEO of Palmer Technologies. As usual, she’s talking a mile a minute, and over-narrating, but we love her for it.

Quote Hype: Top TV Quotes from ‘Arrow’, ‘The Muppets’, and more
2:15 pm, October 18, 2015
http://www.hypable.com/tv-quotes-ouat-arrow-muppet/3/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Nyssa: You're not doing this out of love. You're doing this out of grief.

Felicity: See this?

Oliver: No. In my defense, I flunked biology.

Felicity: I don't like you going out there without backup.

Oliver: I'm not. I have you.

Thea: Okay, I'll just go on a killing spree. Thank you for the fatherly advice.

Oliver: You missed quite a show tonight.

Diggle: Sorry I couldn't help out. It's a long story.

Felicity: Omigawd, it is NOT a long story. It is the shortest story in history. Two guys go take on criminals without asking for backup and nearly get killed in the process. You know, I haven't said anything up til now because I was hoping that the two of you would remove your heads from your own asses without assistance. Turns out I was wrong.

Oliver: You said that violence is the one thing these people respond to. It doesn't seem to be working.

Guard: What do you have in mind? Harsh language?

Felicity: Maybe you need something to get your mind off all this, like a little side project.to clear you head.

Curtis: Like gambling?

Felicity: I hope we learned a lesson on the benefits of trusting our friends with our problems.

Diggle: You mean like your boyfriend?

Felicity: You're supposed to be more evolved than him.

Oliver: Hmm?

Felicity: Sorry, but he is.

Curtis: Have you ever considered how ironic your name is? Felicity refers to the ability to find appropriate expression for one's thoughts, which is not something you're particularly good at.

Curtis: Does the board of directors know there's a secret elevator in the building?

Curtis: Since when are you such a badass?

Felicity: Since always.

Curtis: Okay, I have multiple questions.

Felicity: Obviously there's a very long explanation for this. The short version is that I work with the Green Arrow, this man is trying to kill me, well, us, sorry, and I'm taking us down to the only place we're going to be safe.

Diggle: You took a bullet for me.

Oliver: They were meta human tattoo playing cards.

Diggle: Still counts, Oliver.

• Love 10

Nyssa: "I warned you Laurel, begged you. What happened to Sara last year was on Malcolm's hands. But what happens to her now, is on yours!"

Nyssa laying the ultimate truth bomb (to deaf ears).

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4
(edited)

Thea: Well, this is horrible. What kind of secret lair has windows?

Oliver: We're going to need some money.

Felicity: Don't you mean more money?

Oliver: I've been trying to get in touch with you.

Lance: What is it you came to tell me? You're running for President now?

Oliver: I had Thea procure a couple kilos of cocaine.

Lance: Your mayoral campaign is off to a fantastic start.

Oliver: Captain Lance-

Lance: What? I don't get a code name like the rest of you?

Curtis: Why haven't you been answering my texts?

Felicity: Your texts were 911, OMG, ASAP, and five exclamation points. I do not have time to respond to something that doesn't contain at least one actual word.

Lance: You know I've got a heart condition, right?

Oliver: For years you've looked at me with such contempt, utter disdain. So I'm wondering - do I have that same look on my face now?

Oliver: I didn't even graduate from college, although in my defense I did go to four of them.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

Diggle, on  hearing Oliver is going to be running for mayor:  "But why does that person have to be you? I mean, don't get me wrong, but you're not a politician."

Unspoken:  Look, I've played a mayor and it's not as much fun as you think it is.

• Love 3
(edited)

Oliver: Are you old enough to vote, Alex?

Thea: I owned a bar when I wasn't even old enough to drink.

Alex: Your personal Chappaquiddick.

Thea: The game from Harry Potter?

Felicity: Curtis, I need you to do something for me.

Curtis: Felicity, look at me. Gym clothes, gym bag - do either of those suggest anything to you?

Felicity: Physical fitness, but then I remembered you're a tech guy.

Curtis: I'm also a bronze medal decathlete.

Felicity: Bronze medal, huh?

Felicity: This is your overlord, Felicity Smoak.

Thea: We have a PA system?

Oliver: Yet another decision I might live to regret.

Lance: You gotta admire [Laurel's] consistency. She keeps [sara]'s death a secret from me. She keeps her resurrection a secret from you.

Felicity: Her marble collection's a little incomplete.

John Constantine: What? You've never seen magic before?

Oliver: I don't have the right to be mad at anyone for keeping secrets.

Oliver: I need you to punch me in the face.

Felicity: How many of these have you drank?
Curtis: It's drunk, actually, and many.

• Love 4

Donna to Felicity about her dad: "I put everything into your father. My love, my trust, my twenties."

Felicity to Donna about Oliver: "He's...wonderful." *dreamy look*

Edited by Password
  • Love 3

From 406...

Felicity: "And, well, Ray is-- the size of a tater tot."

Curtis: "Do you have any idea how amazing this is?"
Felicity: "Yes. But the fact that Ray is being held hostage and could be killed at any moment because he is the size of a Cheeto has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat."

• Love 4

Felicity: I tell you Ray's in trouble and your first response is "You need a shower!"

Felicity: I will, however, accept your undying support and back rub.

Oliver: You know, your mom doesn't really take no for an answer.

Felicity: You've faced down Mirakuru soldiers and the League of Assassins. Are you honestly telling me that you couldn't say no to my mom?

Oliver: She said she missed you and then she texted me one of those emojis with the single tear.

Felicity: You have been texting with my mother. How long has that been going on?

Diggle: You guys think we can find a better time to fight about this?

Felicity: John? I thought only Oliver's line was open.

Diggle: Nope. Mine is open.

Thea and Laurel: And mine.

Sara: I don't remember there being so much chatter on these missions.

Felicity: Chatty Cathy you're up.

Oliver: Chatty Cathy?

Felicity: Your new code name. The only one appropriate enough I could think of to use in polite company.

Oliver: ...I mentioned that I make a spectacular chicken cordon bleu. 

• Love 4

Damian: Just because I understand science doesn't mean I'm not bored by it.

This was one of my of lines of the season! DD was me about a lot of the PT scenes since s3. I understand most or at least some, but it like listening to white noise. Especially considering a lot of it is made up mumbo jumbo.

Felicity: I've heard of having money to burn, but stealing money to burn - that's new.

Felicity: If you're looking for something to do, why not try, I don't know, declare yourself undead, try getting your company back?

Ray: I'm a recently undead billionaire CEO. My time is at a premium.

Alex: It's black tie so you need a tux.

Thea: Which one? [Oliver]'s got like fifty.

Oliver: I thought you failed civics class.

Thea: D minus, thank you.

Felicity: This has to be a better way than how you usually spend your evenings, dressing in leather and tying people up.

Oliver: Maybe I should get [the Arrow] to endorse me.

Felicity: I just remembered I got that thing in the whatever with the what's it.

Diggle: You almost got yourself killed.

Oliver: I've been a lot closer to almost killed.

Diggle: Just because you have a blind spot for your family, don't expect me to as well.

Felicity: Let's just say you no longer corner the market on not being as dead as people think.

Ray: You gotta admire the irony. Demian Darhk keeping his army of bad guys in a defunct loony bin.

Oliver: Everyone clear on the plan?

Thea: I wasn't the first eighty times we went over it but now I think I got it.

Oliver: Military crates marked G-6-5. Does that mean anything?

Felicity: Maybe they're playing bingo.

Oliver: Let's assume that's not it.

Felicity: Deadly bingo?

Damien: It's Merida!

• Love 1

Oliver: Everyone clear on the plan?

Thea: I wasn't the first eighty times we went over it but now I think I got it.

This just warmed my heart because Oliver is back to his 6 contingency plans MO.

• Love 2

From 407...

Diggle: "My brother needed me. The green one."

DD: “Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.”

ETA: I've corrected the Diggle quote.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Diggle: "“My brother needs me. My green brother.”

Nope.  Just nope.  I LOVED, "My brother needs me," (looks at Oliver who he has just saved) but HATE "My GREEN brother."  Statsgirl automatically misremembered it (out of self defense I assume) and now I'm stuck on wishing they'd actually said "My brother IN green."  That's a good line, still a bit cheesy but something a human being might say.  But "My GREEN brother?"  Painful. 

Edited:  Ack!  "The GREEN one." is equally awful.  Thank you for explaining at least WHY they phrased it like that, even if I also thought "Kill the green one." was cringe worthy. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

He actually said, "The green one." It was supposed to be a callback to when Andy said "Kill the green one," but that wasn't very obvious, especially because I wasn't even sure Oliver and Dig would have heard that? Given that they were on a roof and Andy was quite a ways away, but whatever. Dumb line, good sentiment, I agree.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 2

Thea: Superheroes in a farm house? I feel like I've seen that in a movie before.

Oliver: We need a secure location.

Caitlin: What's wrong with STAR Labs?

Oliver: Well, I mean, absolutely nothing if you forget about the revolving door you guys installed so the bad guys can come and go as they please.

Caitlin: Remind me again what happened to your old lair. Or the one before that.

Felicity: Well, Lair Number One was compromised by the police, and ... I will stop helping.

Barry: My world is stranger than yours.

• Love 1

From 408...

Barry: "Whatever you do, don’t let him train you. I’m sorry, but when it rains, I can still feel where he shot me with those arrows."

Cisco: "It’s actually kind of a classic story– boy meets girl, boy gets girl, girl sprouts wings and flies away with her reincarnated soul mate."

• Love 2

Damien Darhk: Malbec! Nice! How did you know that was my favorite red? So full bodied, so full of life, unlike your security outside. Oh, and in my defense, they fired first. 

Oliver: WE HAD A DEAL!

Damien Darhk, in a nicely reasonable tone: Well, I think if you replay our conversation in your mind our bargain was only at best implied. Even so. Bad guy, remember?

This guy is my favorite Arrow villain ever. 

• Love 15
This guy is my favorite Arrow villain ever. 

He is great. But in my book Malcolm has prolonged his welcome with this episode as well.

MM to LL/BC: "Excellent. You've got your bondage suit on."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

• Love 2

Oliver: "It was a holiday party."

Donna: "I knew Oliver loved you, but not this much."

Donna: "I don't know who's more excited, you or me. I think it's me!"

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 4

From 409...

Donna (to Felicity): "3 carats, Princess cut. No cloudiness at all. I knew Oliver loved you, but not this much. He's gonna propose."

Felicity (to Oliver): "Isn't that the whole point of marriage, to get through the hard times because we are together, not in spite of it?"

Oliver: "There is one person in particular that I am grateful for. You. Someone that has stood beside me when times were darkest. She is the one who lights my way. Felicity Smoak, would you make me the happiest man on the face of the earth? Yes?"
Felicity: "Yes."

Felicity (to Oliver): "But to tell you the truth, I don't even care about the bling. All I care about is you."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
Oliver: "There is one person in particular that I am grateful for. You. Someone that has stood beside me when times were darkest. She is the one who lights my way. Felicity Smoak, would you make me the happiest man on the face of the earth? Yes?"

Felicity: "Yes."

My favorite beats are Felicity pointing to herself and then Oliver pointing back to her (You), and her nodding at his proposal and him saying, Yes? before she gets the chance to answer verbally.

• Love 8

My favorite beats are Felicity pointing to herself and then Oliver pointing back to her (You), and her nodding at his proposal and him saying, Yes? before she gets the chance to answer verbally.

Closely followed by that perfect laugh of giddy awareness of what was about to happen.  So perfect.

• Love 3

Damien Darhk to HIVE: Well folks, turns out things are going to get real interesting, real fast.

Damien Darhk to Oliver Queen: (chuckles) What's the word for a man who threatens the man who's holding his nearest and dearest captive? I don't know--idiot?

DARHK'S SNARK FOR THE WIN!

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 4

Damien Darhk to HIVE: Well folks, turns out things are going to get real interesting, real fast.

Damien Darhk to Oliver Queen: (chuckles) What's the word for a man who threatens the man who's holding his nearest and dearest captive? I don't know--idiot?

DARHK'S SNARK FOR THE WIN!

I never knew how much I would want someone to both shut up and keep talking until this very episode.

• Love 4

[Felicity sits in her command central chair and Oliver kneels in front of her]

Oliver: Can I ask you a question?

Felicity: Now? Here? I mean, what's the question?

Malcolm: I had my minions looking into it.

Thea: You love having minions.

Curtis: Is it just me or did you hire the U.S. Army as your caterers?

Diggle: Actually they're Marines. Hi, I'm John Diggle. I work security for Mr. Queen.

Curtis: Curtis Holt. I work for Mr. Queen's girlfriend. This is my husband Paul.

Felicity: Wow, a hottie. Nice work, Curtis.

[everyone looks at each other]

Felicity: What? Wait, was that weird?

Paul: A little.

Felicity: Don't worry. You're handsome, duh, but you bat for the other team and I'm practically engaged. And by practically engaged I mean NOT engaged at all, right? But anything could happen eventually - in, like, years. In another galaxy.

[Felicity sees Donna and Quentin with their arms around each other]

Felicity: Mom? I am never going to be able to unsee this.

Donna: Sorry, honey. Sweetie, I would like you to meet my boyfriend, Quentin.

Felicity: He's your boyfriend?

Quentin: She's your mother?

Donna: What?

Quentin: Did you say boyfriend?

Donna: I'm sorry, do you guys know each other?

Quentin: I thought it was just like a date or something.

Felicity: Can I talk to my mom for a second?

Quentin: Listen, Laurel doesn't know.

Felicity: Yeah, I'm going to hit myself over the head with something very heavy so that I don't know either.

Oliver: Did you learn anything from the hotline?

Laurel: Only how many crazy/bored people are in this city.

Malcolm: Honestly, Oliver, this place is even easier to break into than your last lair.

Malcolm: We're pressed for time. Suffice it to say I'm a little less dead than most people think.

Oliver: What are you doing here?

Malcolm: My daughter's in danger. Shouldn't your first question be, "What took you so long?"

Laurel: Can you give us the room?

Malcolm: Happily. I have enough father-daughter drama in my life as it is. Good luck.

Quentin: Thank you.

Felicity: I really hate to be the one to break this to you, Oliver, but you are not the boss of me.

You may not be a spy but you're definitely a liar which means you're probably lying about being a spy.

• Love 4

Donna: "I don't know who's more excited, you or me. I think it's me!"

It's funny.  I didn't hear the part where Donna said, "I think it's me!" until after reading this quote and then going and watching it again.  The first time (ok, the first few times) I watched that scene all I heard was a squeeing sound.  Practically in a decibel my ears don't pick up. 

• Love 3

Fave 410 quotes...

Felicity: “I have never been more ready to have a bunch of guys poking around inside me. Doctors. Doing doctor things.”

Donna: "It's such a small world."
Laurel: "Microscopic."

Diggle: “But you've come so far, Oliver. You've recovered a humanity that you lost, when I first met you. I know you want payback for what Darhk did to Felicity, but don't lose what made her fall in love with you in the first place."

Felicity: “My point being is, we didn't really exchange any vows, so the whole ‘for better, for worse’ thing doesn't really apply here.”
Oliver: “What are you talking about?”
Felicity: “And maybe the real reason you haven't been here is because –“
Oliver: “Felicity. (Pulls ring out of his pocket) The nurse, she took this off of you in the E.R. How dare she. (Puts ring on her finger) For better, for worse.”

Oliver: “We go out every night. Suiting up, risking our lives. Fighting assassins and meta-humans and all the worst kinds of people. She's stronger than all of us.”
Laurel: “You won't get an argument from me.”

Oliver: “Want to come with me?”
Felicity: “Yeah. I'd go anywhere with you.”

• Love 2

Allen: Sorry to crash your evening.

Diggle: Then don't. Just call like normal people.

Felicity: Maybe my new code name could be Hot Wheels.

Detective: I don't need an ADA to tell me how to do my job.

Laurel: Well, I'm sure there's a murderer out there who appreciates your lack of initiative.

Diggle: So exactly how many evil organizations are you associated with? I'm beginning to lose count.

Oliver: I just thought if you got behind a keyboard again that things would just start to feel normal.

Felicity: I love how playing superhero is what we consider normal.

Laurel: As the only other person here who's had the privilege of dating you, a piece of advice?

Oliver: I thought it was time you got a code name.

Joyner: You look pretty good for a dead man.

Andy: And here I thought I put on weight.

Oliver: The doctor said your condition is permanent and I don't think that it's healthy or productive for either of us to live in denial. But I have seen people speed and shrink and fly. We watched a friend of ours come back from the dead. That is the world we live in now. And I will not stop searching it until we find a way to make you walk again.

From 411...

Felicity: "You think being cute is going to distract me?"
Oliver: "Mission accomplished."

Felicity: "It's the fault of only one man and he has an extremely on-the-nose and alliterative name. And we're going to stop him, not out of guilt or vengeance, or regret. We are going to stop him because it's what we do. That's who we are."
Oliver: "That was a good speech. I'm very happy to hear it."

Felicity: “Though the old me probably would have stolen the plans for Rubicon and released them as some sort of political statement.”

Oliver: “The old me would have snapped Joyner’s neck.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6

Felicity: How is it that you always manage to blame yourself for everything?

Diggle: That's a super power. Guilt Arrow.

Palmer Tech guy: Felicity, may I be uncomfortably honest?

Felicity: Well, you have never shown an inability to do so before.

Felicity: First Sarah then Ray then John's brother - whose shocking return do we look forward to next?

Alex: How'd you get here so fast?

Oliver: The campaign office has a secret elevator.

Alex: What?

Oliver: I'm kidding.

Roy: I don't want to hurt you.

Curtis: I don't want you to hurt me either.

Roy: Well, I'm going to need to take that [battery].

Curtis: Oh. I think you might have to hurt me then.

Roy: He calls himself the Calculator.

Felicity: This is what happens when the bad guys name themselves.

Roy: Man, I cannot believe you shot me.

Oliver: Really?

Shado: You need to forgive yourself for what you've done.

Oliver: Unfortunately, you're going to have to be a little more specific.

Nyssa: We're evenly matched. One of us must yield or this will go on for ages.

Tatsu: I have nowhere else to be.

Felicity: I found a tiny flaw in the OS code and I'm pretty sure I can exploit it to open a back door into his main computer system.

Oliver: Right, but wouldn't that risk exposing us?

Felicity: My pride that you understood what I was saying is slightly undercut by your lack of faith in me.

Oliver: I have nothing but faith. Just do it.

Felicity: I already did.

Robo voice: Well, well. Whoever you are, let me just say I am very impressed. No one's ever been able to break through my encryption before. Bravo.

Felicity: Thanks. I would take that as a compliment if it wasn't coming from some nutjob trying to destroy the internet.

Robo voice: Why would I want to take down the net? Not only is it where I work, I'm addicted to funny cat videos.

Oliver: Any luck?

Felicity: Why do you always ask me that? If I had any luck looking what I'm looking for, I would be telling you about it instead of looking for it!

Oliver: I'm working on something.

Thea: If it's a pedophile for me to kill, Malcolm's already been pitching that one hard.

Malcolm: So you're going to go, hood in hand, to Damian Dahrk? I am the Demon's Head. I have my resources. And I know how to put my ear up against a door. Leaving the epic stupidity of your plan aside, Thea's right. This isn't either of our decisions.

Oliver: Malcolm, do you want her to die?

Malcolm: Of course not. Do you have any idea how badly I want to put a knife in her hand and force her to slit someone's throat? I've come this close to dragging someone in here for her to kill. And the reason I don't is because that would be about my feelings and not Thea's. Oliver, sometimes the greatest act of love is no action at all. It's her life. It's her choice.

Oliver: How much time do we have?

Felicity: Somewhere between "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "Hey Jude."

Curtis: Break a leg. Sorry.

• Love 4

Oliver: If you cared about Thea, then curing her bloodlust wouldn't come with any conditions.

Nyssa: She is my sister in law. You are my husband.

Oliver: I am not your husband!

Oliver: Who are you at war with?

Nyssa: I just told you I want you to kill Malcolm Merlyn. Try to guess.

Malcolm: Let me see if I've got this right. There's a magic potion that could cure Thea's blood lust that we've never heard of that Nyssa conveniently has. I've been holding off telling you this for years, Oliver. You're very handsome, not especially bright.

Guard: We found [Laurel] at the perimeter. She claims to be a friend.

Nyssa: She speaks the truth - at least until she defiled my beloved and stood idly by while I was left to rot in a dungeon.

Nyssa: You [defeated Malcolm] before.

Oliver: That was before I knew he was my sister's father.

Nyssa: So he dies so his child can live. Didn't your father make a similar bargain?

Noah: Strange watching your baby girl drinking coffee.

Felicity: Yeah, it'd probably be a little less strange if you'd seen your baby girl in the last eighteen years.

Felicity: This is one of your crazier ideas, and that is a competitive field.

Malcolm: In deference to good taste, we will forego the removal of shirts.

Malcolm: You've grown even more foolish with experience.

Oliver: You are Ra's al Ghul.

Nyssa: Thank you, husband.

Felicity: Doesn't every long awaited father-daughter reunion end with the dad being taken away in handcuffs?

Oliver: I think that remorse is a pretty clear indicator that you are a very different person from [your father].

Felicity: Maybe Thea and I could make t-shirts, join a club.

Felicity: Are you punishing yourself for betraying Malcolm?

Oliver: Is that insane?

Felicity: Yes.

Malcolm: I haven't come empty handed.

Dahrk: So to speak.

• Love 1

Also from 413...

Felicity (to Noah): "When I was a girl, I hated myself. I thought I was broken, that no one could or ever would love me. It's the only way a child can grow up when their father abandons them."

Oliver (to Felicity): "You don't have to be funny for me. You know that, right?"

• Love 2