Type keyword(s) to search

TDS 3.0: Season Three Talk

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, 2727 said:

My Trump-loving evangelical Christian coworker says that God sometimes does good work through bad people. So it's fine!

? That is the appropriate emoticon, right?

Roy’s segment was flawed, in the sense that people probably work better together if they don’t know how different they are. Still funny, though. Poor Roy . . . he’s never the front of the human centipede.

• Love 1

Not necessarily. I'm not going to let some Trump supporter die in a plane crash if he needs help getting out of the plane. What struck me in the piece is the spite was seemingly coming from one side. I don't find something like, 'there weren't AR15s 200 years ago, so maybe we should have a discussion about this' to be particularly unreasonable. It wasn't 'repeal the 2nd amendment' versus 'It's perfect don't touch it.' 

They were helping each other on the raft and swimming together just fine. 

• Love 3

Let's say on the rare chance, for the sake of argument, that Kavanagh didn't do it and wasn't the mean drunk that literally everyone said he was which would turn up in an investigation, I don't know if being hysterical and insulting the senators on the committee is really behavior becoming of a Supreme Court justice. 

And I agree with Trevor that we were never going to get to the truth, but we sure saw what kind of man he is. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 16
On 9/21/2018 at 11:55 AM, ganesh said:

I'm amazed Tracey Ullman is still bringing it. I remember her 80s show. She was never political. I was half watching on my phone when they showed the clip and in about half a second I was like, Theresa May, whoa it's Ullman. She nailed that impression. 

Great point about when she started out here in the 80s making fun of the president didn't fly like it does now. 

I saw that and was hoping they would have an...ACCENT-OFF! Both of them are SO talented with accents. I really wanted them to riff and banter with Russian accents!

Her show is absolutely funny and I ???? at her take on Dench, Smith and Merkel.

• Love 1