Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S01.E05: Secrets And Lies

15 minutes ago, eggsnbacon said:

Not to mention those that lie about  it, imagine a lot of virgins would lie about it. Also people for religious/cultural purposes, those honestly simply too shy/unattractive/socially awkward. Its higher than we think. 

I seem to recall losing my virginity a few times back in the day . Boys were judgey in the late 70's

• Like 7

Old Liverlips better be glad that eczema is all there was to worry about.  I'd shit a brick if someone took me to a voodoo doctor.  Abby best mind the advice of the priestess, because it is not a game.

Antonio seems like he could be an ass if Cortney won't fall in line with what he wants.

Darcey, cool your jets.  Just enjoy yourself for now.  Thirsty much?

24 minutes ago, eggsnbacon said:

Not to mention those that lie about  it, imagine a lot of virgins would lie about it. Also people for religious/cultural purposes, those honestly simply too shy/unattractive/socially awkward. Its higher than we think. 

Those who do it for religious/cultural purposes know that typically their families will arrange a marriage for them so they won't need to fret about not getting any, and usually it's a choice with those who are religious.

Shy/unattractive/socially awkward might be in for a longer wait.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar

On 9/9/2017 at 9:50 PM, ChiCricket said:

Aww..I wanted to believe one would swim up Paul's pecker. Maybe something else can happen to him since you took that away from me. ;-)

The candiru, or "vampire catfish" doesn't just swim up.   I first read about the candiru as a child, in a drugstore paperback called Sea Killers.   This was back in the mid-70s, during the Jaws-inspired shark craze when you could find all kinds of cheap books about things waiting to eat you in the water.

The candiru swims up the urethra and then deploys its spines to dig into the tissue and hold it fast.   So you can't pull it out.   Then it starts to gorge itself on your blood.   According to Sea Killers, the agony is so great that men have begged others to kill them, or in sheer desperation have hacked off their own genitals.

So here's my reaction to Paul (contrasting to others' "he's a creep" impression): the guy is an IT guy.  He is socially awkward, attached to his mommy and over-prepares for this visit (seeing the "travel doctor," worrying about germs and his urethra).  I think he's a little on the Asperger spectrum.  He has no idea how to relate to others (what's with the finger motion when trying to pantomime the "getting married" idea to the Dad? Good lord.  Or him donning the full-body swim armor when getting in the river?) Watch how he smacks her on the back during their first embrace... he has probably zero experience in relationships with people in general, not to mention romantic relationships with women.

Darcey (is that her name?) has ruined her face and I have a hard time getting beyond that.  And that she reeks of desperation.

Edited by KateHearts
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

So here's my reaction to Paul (contrasting to others' "he's a creep" impression): the guy is an IT guy.  He is socially awkward, attached to his mommy and over-prepares for this visit (seeing the "travel doctor," worrying about germs and his urethra).

LOL! I married the IT guy, but I promise you, he's not weird like Paul. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

not to imply they're all like that. But a lot of them are into IT because they don't have to relate to people. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You just haven't found his hairball kleenex collection that he has stashed away yet...

Edited by locomoco
  • Like 6

On 9/5/2017 at 9:18 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

What's a predcy test? ;-) 

haha... I noticed that too!  He says some words so fast you can barely comprehend what he's saying.

Larry may not make a lot of money, but he did mention that he cashed in his IRA (his last ten years' savings) to fund this trip. Yup, I'm thinking Danielle all over again... right down to the cute pets and the poor fashion sense (dad jeans and a much-too-big cap, anyone?) - although Larry's face is a little more symmetrical.

• Like 1