Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S01.E05: Secrets And Lies

Patrick leaves for Paris, while Myriam worries about a secret she has been keeping from him; Paul and Karine's happiness is interrupted by distrust; Sean faces tough questions from Abby's parents; Larry fears his Filipino girlfriend may not be faithful.

Omg Paul wading around in his fishing pants and penis holder. 

Larry is a McD's manager. Lots of meeting women opportunities. I live in Tampa . Got to go to Pinellas Park and get a burger. 

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Omg Paul wading around in his fishing pants and penis holder. 

Larry is a McD's manager. Lots of meeting women opportunities. I live in Tampa . Got to go to Pinellas Park and get a burger. 

We don't know if the McD's is in Pinellas Park, he could possibly work at one in St. Pete. That's a lot of burgers! Let us know if you find him. I find it telling Larry didn't mention to his boys how old she is.

• Like 2

Didn't Larry have to log on to Filipino Cupid to see that Jenny had logged on to Filipino Cupid? So wouldn't his profile show that? Am I overthinking this? Is Larry thinking at all?

• Like 12

Maybe Larry and Cortney should hook up. They might actually have one functioning brain between the two of them. Of course, the sheer amount of brainlessness and desperation emanating from the two of them might cause a rift in the space/time continuum or something. And the universe would explode. So . . . maybe not.

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Bubbacat said:

Maybe Larry and Cortney should hook up. They might actually have one functioning brain between the two of them. Of course, the sheer amount of brainlessness and desperation emanating from the two of them might cause a rift in the space/time continuum or something. And the universe would explode. So . . . maybe not.

When two idiots hook up with each other I  usually say that it saves 2 other people

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Like 14

yeah Larry...my phone constently logs onto random sites as well....nothing to worry about there!!?

Edited by Christi
  • Like 16

I'm disappointed in Karine's parents. Karine and Paul can't even talk to each other and they're ok with them getting married? after he's been there an entire day or so???

I think Abby is looking to get out of Haiti and will marry the first guy who will do that for her. I'm guessing Chris didn't want that so here comes Sean. Who is still a disgusting creep.

• Like 8

Really, Paul? You creepy jerk. A pregnancy test and an STD test for a woman (girl -- I still think she's 14) you just met but are sure you "love"? When you still haven't told her your "big bad secret"? You're lucky she didn't punch you in the mouth. Or somewhere else.

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, Bubbacat said:

Really, Paul? You creepy jerk. A pregnancy test and an STD test for a woman (girl -- I still think she's 14) you just met but are sure you "love"? When you still haven't told her your "big bad secret"? You're lucky she didn't punch you in the mouth. Or somewhere else.

Fair is fair in terms of Karine asking him for an STD test.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Dear God. Did everybody see Patrick's long filthy fingernails?????

Was coming here to say just that!   Y U C K

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Like 4

When Karine’s father said that he couldn’t believe an American was going to give his poverty- stricken daughter a better life, it brought tears to my eyes.  As a parent, I just can’t fathom turning over my beautiful 19-year old daughter to a creeper like Paul. Given that the father was supposedly in law enforcement, I don’t understand why their standard of living isn’t higher. 

While Abby’s Dad was quick to give his blessing, I sensed some hesitation on her mother’s part.  Based on her comments, I can’t help but wonder how many potential mates Abby has brought home. 

• Like 8

Any guesses on what Myriam's big secret?

I almost feel like this show should be two hours. Tonight we had no Darcey/Jesse or idiot Cortney.

Watching this episode and the marathon this afternoon, I still can't quite wrap my head around all the couples "falling in love" without ever having met. And they always have some generalities about why they love the person - Abby is amazing! Myriam is the most generous caring person! How can you tell? You're talking to each other, you're not really participating in each other's lives or seeing how the other treats people in real life.

• Like 12

I can't snark on Larry. Poor guy. He's trying his best....sigh. I don't want to see him get hurt. 

Sean and Paul though? Bring it ON!

Me too (thinking Paul was doing the "sex" gesture)!! Haha....

• Like 15

Larry, "I never traveled out f the country in my whole life."  You don't say...

He actually doesn't seem like a creep to me (so far) and seems kind of sweet. I feel for his sons though. It's sad that children have to worry for their parents emotional well being like that. Poor kids. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, kacesq said:

Larry is bringing his lady a blue emerald. I just can't with these people. But this is my new favorite show.

Bahahahaha I had the same reaction when he showed his sons the "blue emerald"

It's a sad state when people's children have better sense than they do. Even the younger son said, "2 months and you want to get MARRIED??" 

I can't even.

• Like 11

I dont think that Larry is dumb, I just think that he is a simple guy and seems to have grown up from a lower socioeconomic level. I'm not sure, maybe its the fact that he became a dad at 19 with one woman and then had a kid a couple years later with another; the wifebeater; the fact that he and his sons look like 3 brothers, maybe; or just the style of his speech. I dont think Jenny's age is a big deal and he looks pretty young himself as well. 

Abby still comes across as a well to do Haitian. She mentioned she is in university so I assume that she is not from the most impoverished class; plus, her beautiful straight white teeth; the way she always dresses very classy and put together; her English skills. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

Larry, "I never traveled out f the country in my whole life."  You don't say...

He actually doesn't seem like a creep to me (so far) and seems kind of sweet. I feel for his sons though. It's sad that children have to worry for their parents emotional well being like that. Poor kids. 

I feel bad for Larry's youngest son.  He looked so sad hearing his dad was chasing yet another woman. Larry, please stay home and father your son. When he is an adult then you can chase the woman around the world.  

• Like 13

I was kind of hoping  Paul and his penis protector (laughing out loud as I type that!) would run into a big old  anaconda out there in the river. WHAT a doofus !! No WONDER he had to go to a foreign country to find a girlfriend. I think Danielle might be available.

• Like 13

I'm rooting for Patrick and Myriam. They're cute together (so far) and I'm betting that whatever she tells him isn't that bad, and even if it was he's smitten and would probably be like "NO WORRIES" before she was even done explaining.

Paul continues to be a weird little man who only gets weirder. This episode confirms why he needed to go across the world to find a woman. He keeps saying he's had bad relationships but come on, how many has he really had. I believe nothing he says about past girlfriends and whatnot. Bullshit meter going off at 100. Dude has zero experience with anything.

Abbey's look of utter despair after her night with Super Creep was sad and hilarious all at the same time. It's like she just realized that not only does she need to marry this guy, but he's not even decent in bed. She could close her eyes and pretend he's someone else if was at least good at what he was doing. No such luck. I feel for her, orgasms are not included in this package.

• Like 13

Do McDonald's managers make a lot of money? I'm curious as to how he is able to afford traveling to another country. Since it looks like he lives in a nice area,has a house,utilities, & other bills?,food,etc etc and I'm assuming child support? He said he was lonely & I couldn't help but wonder if McDonald's job & the fact that he has kids was a turn off for women. Maybe I'm nosey & rude for thinking A McDonald's manager would live paycheck to paycheck.

I have a few idea's on what Myriam's "secret" could be. 

Guess #1 she has a child. #2 her family/friends have no idea who Patrick is. #3 she won't move to America.

But knowing TLC it's probably something small & they just want to create this dramatic anticipation 

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Matias130 said:

Abby still comes across as a well to do Haitian. She mentioned she is in university so I assume that she is not from the most impoverished class; plus, her beautiful straight white teeth; the way she always dresses very classy and put together; her English skills. 

In the first episode I got the impression that Chris paid for her schooling. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mercolleen said:

Patrick's mom's "What if she's a man?" cackle and counter pounding is my favorite moment of this series so far. 

That was the best moment for me also. But Paul's foray into the river was loaded with LOLs. The penis protector. Faded out old life vest from 1984. The footie pajama pants that filled up with water. And Poop Water! 

Poor Abby. I could tell she was stuck with a guy who is clueless in bed and she is still pondering her decisions because of that. Ol' Chris must have had it going on, but wouldn't commit. 

Patrick seems to have picked a fairly normal partner. Until we find out the secret. My first thought is that she has a child. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Do McDonald's managers make a lot of money? I'm curious as to how he is able to afford traveling to another country. Since it looks like he lives in a nice area,has a house,utilities, & other bills?,food,etc etc and I'm assuming child support? He said he was lonely & I couldn't help but wonder if McDonald's job & the fact that he has kids was a turn off for women. Maybe I'm nosey & rude for thinking A McDonald's manager would live paycheck to paycheck.

I have a few idea's on what Myriam's "secret" could be. 

Guess #1 she has a child. #2 her family/friends have no idea who Patrick is. #3 she won't move to America.

But knowing TLC it's probably something small & they just want to create this dramatic anticipation 

McDonalds managers make around 50k salary. I knew someone who was a manager many yeas ago and he said he made good money because I addition to his base, he got bonuses based on the sales of the store. With the bonuses he was making good money. I'm not sure McDonald's still does that or if it's specific to a franchise. His apartment looks pretty bare bones and he seems like a man with few interests so yeah, he can afford to travel. I think he's a simple guy with an ok job but he certainly isn't going to blow a woman away. Filipino Cupid makes it easy to meet women who may have limited English ability so they don't see that he's a bit awkward or don't care because the prospect of a green card..well you know. 

I agree the secret Myriam has is no big deal. Maybe she is divorced. Maybe she has a kid. Maybe her parents don't know about Patrick. Those are my guesses. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PityFree said:

Dear God. Did everybody see Patrick's long filthy fingernails?????

I think you mean Paul.  I didn't notice dirty fingernails on Patrick.

1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

For someone who's germaphobic, no less!

Paul is the germaphobe not Patrick.  A germaphobe who doesn't clean under his nails and one who goes into a public restroom in his socks.  Double gross.

• Like 2

I do wonder how much we're being manipulated by production and editing.  I guess they have to pull in ratings, but Paul's germophobic antics were over the top.  Someone that nuts about germs would never travel to the Amazon of all places. But it's all so entertaining to watch.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I do wonder how much we're being manipulated by production and editing.  I guess they have to pull in ratings, but Paul's germophobic antics were over the top.  Someone that nuts about germs would never travel to the Amazon of all places. But it's all so entertaining to watch.  

Sometimes I wonder if this guy is an actor, pretending to be such a weird duck.  If he is, he deserves an Academy Award.  

• Like 4