Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E03: A Leap of Innovation!

Drogo
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, GaT said:

I Loved Kenya’s jumpsuit & jacket, I thought it should have won, but she wasn’t even in the top.

Deyonte’s dress was soooo short & it was a terrible fit.

I thought Margarita’s dress looked like a Flamenco costume, I didn’t like it at all.

Kudzanai, good lord, are you designing for Ronald McDonald’s sister? I have no problem with him being auf’ed.

Brandon’s dress was just ugly IMO, it looked like a trench coat that got caught in radiation & mutated, & I don’t see anything that look inspired by dance in it. I can’t believe it won.

Maddie Ziegler is only 14 years old, why is she judging Project Runway?

Because both Project Runway and her movie Leap are Weinstein Company productions. 

• Love 5

Outside of the twins, I think there are talented designers this year and I like the varied size of the models. My favorite was Kenya's look but I also liked Amy's and the butterfly dress and some others. I assume the models are not actually 'aufed' but may have to sit out a challenge if they don't have other work. 

• Love 9

I'm confused too. Chacha's model is still around, so doesn't look like the model paired with the aufed designer automatically goes.

Maybe they put all the models' names in a hat -- even those whose designer left -- and randomly pull them out. Those who don't have their names pulled out just don't appear that week. Of course, you'd then have people just waiting around not knowing if they're going to be used that week.

25 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Perhaps all the models are kept and just randomly drawn out of the button bag. Some weeks they'll have a designer and some weeks they won't.

I did wonder if they had any real need to support a designer, the one who went home suddenly showed more detail after a judges comment, seemingly without the designer asking her to.

48 minutes ago, sweetcookieface said:

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I think Deyonte deserved the auf. As crazy and over the top as Kudzunai's outfit was, at least it had some sort of vision/point of view. Deyonte's was... just a tacky, horribly constructed, cheap-looking dress. I saw absolutely no "fashion" in that dress, and even though he won the first challenge, I don't really think he has much of a point of view. I was much more interested in seeing what Kudzunai had to offer.

I agree.  The construction was totally unfinished and I suppose you could put that down to his finger partly (though it was his fault I guess).  But the design itself was also very basic, no real imagination, it was actually comical seeing her come down the runway.  I did think animated film, but more like the hippos in Fantasia.  Tim stressed that he had won the first runway, but supposedly one day you're in and the next you're  out.  We know it never works like that on the show, but still.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, terrymct said:

I wish Kenya's black and white patterned outfit and the instructor's (Amanda?) changeable outfit had both made it into the top.  I LOVED them both, even with the instructor's had the wad of fabric in the crotch when the sleeves were the legs.

Both were gorgeous, interesting, and flattering to the models.

I liked these, too, and I also like Samantha's. She wasn't shown much in the workroom so I had been guessing she would win. Wrong again!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, backgroundnoise said:

I've always interpreted this as, "Use as little as possible."

OMG.  Yes.

I have always hated when the designers give their model a pointless empty purse to carry down the runway.  Did you design the purse?  Are you personally getting any sponsorship money from the designer for using their purse?  Then leave it on the wall.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I felt so bad for the losing designer also.   So, so bad.  And I didn't even know he existed until this episode.  The look on his face just seemed so demolished.  He said he was fine and he didn't take it personally, and yet I was destroyed anyway.  And Kentaro.  Oh god.  This show breaks my heart

I was beginning to really like Kudzanai as a person. I am pretty sure I heard him "curse" in the workroom by saying, "fecal matter." Made me smile. I am sorry to see him go out on such a misstep as that dress. 

I learned this week that Deyonte is from my little town north of Seattle (transplanted from Chicago), so now of course I have a soft spot for him. I am still cringing over his finger injury. Heidi looked close to vomiting when she heard about it. I hope he does a lot better with next challenge's design. Looks like it will be sleepwear? That one twin can recycle this week's design. 

• Love 10

I thought Deyonte got extremely lucky on the first challenge. His model was beautiful, with lovely skin, so picking out a bright color was going to do her justice. His dress was just plainly designed, but colorful. I think she looked so great in it (although there is an argument that it looked like a tablecloth), that he got the win. It wasn't designed, however, which is going back to my initial post on why I liked Brandon's outfit last night. I could probably figure out how to do Deyonte's winning look, and I do not sew!

• Love 4

The judges seemed to really enjoy this show! I'm gonna go back and watch it again and savor the fabulous designs. Tim had some major stank face, though.

I COVET Kenya's suit!!! That was design and tailoring perfection.

Loved the drama and theatricality of Batani's design. I love her personal style, and she is a great dancer. Her model didn't seem to understand the concept of snake arms. When Heidi pointed out that she had doubled the fabric so that both sides of the cape were vibrant, that showed just what a thoughtful a designer she is. 

Brandon's was so high fashion! I wouldn't wear it, but I enjoy it as a work of art. There is a marvelous zen quality with a funky edge about it that intrigues me. Combined with the model's hair and makeup, I could see this on an attendee at AfroPunk Fest.

I wasn't offended by either of the twins' looks. They would be so hard to work with, though! Must be so hard to concentrate with that disruptive energy around. I don't think they mean to be disrespectful, they seem immature, hyper and self-absorbed. 

The designers seem to get along very well and genuinely like each other. They help each other out, like on Face/Off. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, mansonlamps said:

I actually liked Margarita's look, but I agree about the rib cage.  I just thought the model had a weirdly huge rib cage, but maybe it was an illusion because of the tight top?

The auffing by Tim was awkward, no "I know we'll be seeing a lot more from you in the future" for Kudzanai, just buh-bye, see ya later.

No, she did. I picked up on it during the test fitting; her body/ribcage is very awkward. The shape of the opening in that garment only accentuated her jutting ribcage.

• Love 1

Ok, the Michael Kors impersonations have me rolling.

The Twins make me insane.  That shaved head one is pretentious as fuck.  Everything she does is huge drama.  She's one of those people who describes taking out the trash as if it were the most harrowing thing she's ever done.

I didn't care for either of the bottom two's looks so I don't care that one is gone.

• Love 12

I really liked Brandon's work and would have worn in when younger and thinner.  It had so many interesting elements without being costumy or overwhelming to the model's 's body.  

Like others I thought Margarita's was very costumy and thought she was up there for worst looks.  I really thought that there were four worst looks and only two top looks.  I thought Michael's look should have been a top look.  I am also so very glad that Heidi made a point of telling the designers that there were many top scores this week.  I so support the ideas of multiple others having top looks as pointed out by various posters.

The twins annoy even when not featured very much.  Shawn made exaggerated faces during the dance portion; she seemingly intentional over-reacts knowing that it will get her additional camera time (oh look at me, my mouth is wide open in surprise of that dance mood; now I over-react about combining ballet and hip-hop...).  I also noticed that she took over that entire other room with her dyed fabric.  I thought she would have at least been spoken to as her top was very similar to her first design.  The twins seem to already be repeating themselves.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Aerobicidal said:

One question that's been really eating at me since this season's premiere: Does one size fit all???

Due to the fact that for 6 years running, my niece kept getting my name for Christmas and kept getting me one size fits all tshirts from Disney World, I know the answer to this.

No.  One size does not fit all.

Oddly after year 6, someone else started getting my name.  I'm not positive, but I wonder if it's because by the 6th non fitting tshirt, my response was to not even look at the shirt as I shoved it into my bag and said Thank you.

12 hours ago, film noire said:

"I know Carnival, and this ain't Carnival -- Carnival is exciting and sexy and the woman are FABULOUS -- this looks like your girl dressed for an eighties prime time soap opera episode - but not the regular kind, one of those gimmicky Knots Landing ratings grabbers? -- you know what I'm saying,  it takes place on Halloween, on a cruise, and she's Michelle Lee wearing a demented nursing look that makes the killer yenta set her up with Pennywise at the captain’s table -- and I don’t understand the zippers on the back—what, is it a high speed poop chute?  --  at least the feathers aren’t Tweety-sized, and that's a plus, but honestly, it's just so farty. This is about hiplet, not hip replacement-- who would  wear this other than Joan Crawford on a bender with a walker in a Ringling's Big Top while eating pink circus peanuts out of a monkey's hand?"

You need to be on that panel.  You need to be on some kind of judging panel.  You are BRILLIANT!

1 hour ago, amazingracefan said:

I agree.  The construction was totally unfinished and I suppose you could put that down to his finger partly (though it was his fault I guess).  But the design itself was also very basic, no real imagination, it was actually comical seeing her come down the runway.  I did think animated film, but more like the hippos in Fantasia.  Tim stressed that he had won the first runway, but supposedly one day you're in and the next you're  out.  We know it never works like that on the show, but

The hippos in Fantasia are stylish, graceful  and adorable.  I'm not sure how Deyonte's outfit got you to think of them!

• Love 3

Brandon's was ok, but I did feel the judges were really hyping it up and the praise did seem quite over the top.  I don't mind him as a designer at all so far though it feels like he's being made to fit into a story they've done several times before, a menswear designer who has never done women's clothing before.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

The twins annoy even when not featured very much.  Shawn made exaggerated faces during the dance portion; she seemingly intentional over-reacts knowing that it will get her additional camera time (oh look at me, my mouth is wide open in surprise of that dance mood; now I over-react about combining ballet and hip-hop...).  I also noticed that she took over that entire other room with her dyed fabric.  I thought she would have at least been spoken to as her top was very similar to her first design.  The twins seem to already be repeating themselves.

Yes, and why didn't she just buy soft pink at Mood? It's not such a surprisingly unusual color. Agree about her vying for camera time, too. Just so obvious. And jumping on the table like that? Maybe that's why the other one collapsed.

Did she shave her head because of a hair mishap? Because she has some patchiness that doesn't look that good if it was an intentional choice. Looks a bit like ringworm or mange.

Agree with so many above -- I'd definitely have put Amy and Kenya (and maybe Samantha) in the top. Batani's was cool, but it looks like something I've seen before. Brandon's was also cool but didn't really seem to fit the challenge.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Because she was a voice in Leap and PR couldn't get Elle Fanning or Carly Rae Jepsen. And she's a dancer and that was the challenge. Didn't she judge on So You Think You Can Dance last summer?

I can see her judging SYTYCD, because she's an actual professional dancer, but as far as I know, she's not know as any kind of fashionista or anybody who has anything to do with fashion. Being a voice in a movie isn't enough qualification to judge the fashion of professional designers.

• Love 5

I thought Margarita was getting a "loser's edit" but it was actually a Top 3 edit. I was meh on the look but I like her, esp for her twins impression.

Speaking of which, I do think Claire's model this week was actually "curvy" but she was smart enough to shut the hell up about it, seeing what Shane went through last week. I think Claire is the smarter of the two.

I thought it was cute when Brandon's model dished that all the models are crushing on him.

All in all, some nice designs. Kenya's design was impeccably constructed. And Ayanna's painted fabric was lovely.

• Love 7

I don't know if much could be done to save Deyonte's dress, but for starters if he had left the front of the mullet skirt 4"-6" longer, the proportion may not have been so glaringly awful.  It still would have been hideous...color, design, material.  All bad.  And for Christ sake, a neck ruff?  Very rarely does that ever work out.

Overall, I do like most of the designers, even the ones we don't get to see/hear much of so far.  If the shrieking shrike twins could be somehow locked in an abandoned warehouse, or take an "accidental" tumble down an elevator shaft, 

Spoiler

Or trip and fall off the top of the Empire State building during next week's sleepover

I could thoroughly enjoy the rest of this season.

Brandon (Zen mode and regular mode) seems very sweet and has talent, but I am baffled by the orgasmic enthusiasm for his garment.  It looked kinda comfy I guess?  Kinda edgy?  But in no way did I get "dance" from that.  Then again, I am an old farty New Englander, so I don't know nutthin 'bout fashion.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, carrps said:

Did she shave her head because of a hair mishap? Because she has some patchiness that doesn't look that good if it was an intentional choice. Looks a bit like ringworm or mange.

I'm so glad I wasn't eating or drinking anything when I read this.  Love.

I didn't get dance from Kenya, so assumed that was why she wasn't in the top.  But, didn't see it in Brandon's either so....never mind.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Qoass said:

They're not. They do the runway part multiple times including once with just the judges there and again with just the contestants there.

How have I watched this show since jump and not known this? --  thanks for the info -- do you know if the designers get to give notes to their models before the second runway? 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I didn't get dance from Kenya, so assumed that was why she wasn't in the top.  But, didn't see it in Brandon's either so....never mind.

Was Kenya the one who said her girl was dressing to go to a dance show?  LOL.  I think she realized that hers didn't really read "dance" and adjusted her story accordingly.  But then, a few designers got dinged for being too literal.  So best just to make what you want, make it fabulous and try to tie it to the challenge directions afterward.

53 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

I don't know if much could be done to save Deyonte's dress, but for starters if he had left the front of the mullet skirt 4"-6" longer, the proportion may not have been so glaringly awful.  It still would have been hideous...color, design, material.  All bad.  And for Christ sake, a neck ruff?  Very rarely does that ever work out.

You said it all.  I wondered why he kept gravitating to those ornate, pricey, LOUD fabrics at Mood and then he settled on that??  Or as Kentaro observed: " I like to eat pistachio, I wouldn't want to wear it."

• Love 2
2 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

Brandon's was ok, but I did feel the judges were really hyping it up and the praise did seem quite over the top.  I don't mind him as a designer at all so far though it feels like he's being made to fit into a story they've done several times before, a menswear designer who has never done women's clothing before.

I do believe that Nina DID actually love it, and then everyone else was either lukewarm or somewhat positive.  Like another poster pointed out, Maddie clearly just repeated what the other judges said after having not been sure.

Brandon mentioned thinking about Ariana Grande or Rihanna which was very smart. Rihanna is always on the extreme cutting edge of fashion and I'm sure a lot of designers would want to dress her.  She always dresses really outlandishly and rarely repeats herself and it never fits into any trend and it's almost never recognizable, as in, like, oh, that's the latest Gucci.  And I'm sure someone like Nina wants Rihanna in her magazine.  Many women are just in love with Rihanna, myself included.  She is female body empowerment in a person.

I think the judges liked Brandon's because it's so intensely modern.  It's minimalist and utilitarian looking.  Not like the nice, streamlined minimalism of the 90s and Calvin Klein but even more bare bones minimalism.  Drab colours and not at all pretty.  Like how Kanye West designs.  Like basic athleisure.  Clothes you'd picture on someone walking through a desert.  It's just pieces of fabric.  I'm not saying *I* liked it, this is just my closest guess as to why it won.  (I just Googled "Kanye West designs").

kanye-west-yeezy-season-2-carousel.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
26 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think the judges liked Brandon's because it's so intensely modern.  It's minimalist and utilitarian looking.  Not like the nice, streamlined minimalism of the 90s and Calvin Klein but even more bare bones minimalism.  Drab colours and not at all pretty.  Like how Kanye West designs.  Like basic athleisure.  Clothes you'd picture on someone walking through a desert.  It's just pieces of fabric.  I'm not saying *I* liked it, this is just my closest guess as to why it won.

This photo looks like some sort of mashup of Mad Max and The Walking Dead.  Yes, I know that marks me as someone who doesn't know fashion, but this is very apocalyptic to me.

I do like Brandon, though.

• Love 15
45 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

(I just Googled "Kanye West designs").

That definitely gives me a "Mad Max Fury Road" vibe. You may be right.

And none of the judges mentioned the weird ribcage on that one model?

ETA I didn't see the previous post before I posted :)

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 3

Yes Deyonte made a mess but I like him so much more than some others and the other mess in bottom two was equally terrible and made the poor model look foolish. So it could have been a coin toss. I just felt bad for him, which is seldom the case for a bottom two elim person. 

I wish they would discuss more outfits with designers on runway and skip or shorten the part where they examine best and worst on their own. The way it is we don't get much of a look at the large number of "middle" designs. 

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

This photo looks like some sort of mashup of Mad Max and The Walking Dead.  Yes, I know that marks me as someone who doesn't know fashion, but this is very apocalyptic to me.

I think I DO know fashion and I agree with you on the apocalyptic description!  Very much.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, stacyasp said:

Aaron Meyers -His whole look reminds me of washing a pair of red shorts with your whites, his hair his skin his dresses all a sad faded dirty pink color

I always think he looks like he's channeling Erin Robertson from last season. I mean, Aaron/Erin, there's a conspiracy theory in there somewhere.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Kenya's been robbed three weeks in a row.  And now I'm starting to wonder why that is.

Winner's edit? I can hope...

As an overweight, pear-shaped woman, I deeply appreciated Brandon acknowledging that his normal oversized design style wouldn't work on previous models so he was happy to get to do that this week. What we of various shapes want to wear and what looks flattering don't always align. Maybe that's why the twin's comment about not knowing what curvy women want to wear irritates me so much - we want flattering clothes and a designer should have an idea how to do that!

• Love 10

Kenya - Chevron upon chevron. It’s a lot of the same, and the fabric seems way too heavy for dance or movement, but still, I liked the look more than most of what came down that runway.

Brandon - Much ado about an anorak. Maybe I’d have to see it up close to see the big deal that the judges gushed over. (The judges need to get off his ass about his being shy. Shy people exist. He’s one of them.)

Michael - Nice folds, but the fabric was the wrong choice perhaps? Lots of wrinkles.

Margarita - Still looked costumey to me and that one red ruffle was sad. Top 3 my ass. This is basic resort wear with intricate sleeves.

Deyonté - He sewed through his finger! He deserved a break on execution. The concept though, what can we blame for that? I loved the look on Tim’s face after the close up on the Elizabethan neckline.

Amy: She could conjure Alexander McQueen from the dead and the judges still wouldn’t be impressed. They just aren’t feeling her. Worked her ass off (again) and nailed the challenge, but to no avail. They probably find her “try too hard”, but she’s Top 3 for me.

Kudzanai - The moment I heard him say “two yards each” as that Mood guy unfurled those gaudy feathers, I just knew it was the end.

Claire - Doesn’t really say “dance”, and it sags at the chest - exactly what no woman wants. 

Ayana - Thought this was pretty and polished. But, the only way I can see it related to dance is as something a wealthy arts patroness would wear to a ballet opening night. But, it does have movement and it’s better than most of the others including those in the top three.

Shawn - Beige sweatpants? Really? Puts me to sleep but at least it meets the challenge.

Aaron - Holy Merciful Mother of Merde, how did this miss the bottom 3?!! I was stunned when he got to walk off of the stage with the safe group. It was like watching a criminal get away from the scene of the crime by blending in with the crowd.

Batani - Finally showing her love of prints! I agree that the sheen on the fabrics came off as a little 80’s, but I loved the cut of the cape.

Kentaro - Well, it’s definitely dance related. But… so boring.

Samantha - Again with vibrant material besieged by solid heavy looking fabrics? Why does she do this? And the zippers on the side are her big transformation? Okay. It seems more inspired by Batgirl than dance to me.

Ballet dancers - What was the point of showing them if they couldn’t afford the rights to the music they danced to? And the camera never held on their movements long enough to see actual dancing so they just looked odd.

****Fun Fact: Heidi trains hamsters to jump through these earrings for the delight of her children on long private plane flights.

IMG_9097.jpg

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Love 16

I liked a lot of the clothes this week, but I'm not sure I'd have picked those three for the top 3 designs, even if I can understand why they did choose them.

Kentaro's may have been a bit boring, but I loved the top and it was impeccably made.

Brandon is so cute (looks and personality).  His was another impeccably made garment with actual, original design.  I suppose I could see hip hop dance in it, and innovation, but not movement.  It was stiff material.

I saw movement in the pattern on the material Kenya's outfit, so maybe where others were being too literal, she wasn't being literal enough? 

How tall was Ayana's model?!  Her outfit made her look 10' tall!  And it was kind of cool, too.

I'm willing to give Deyonte another chance.

The only one I truly didn't like was Kudzani's.  Take away all the crap he embellished it with, change it up slightly, and fix the construction issues, and I could see him being safe, but man, that was way over the top. 

What I'm really liking right now is that with the exception of the twins, this group is mostly drama free so far.  No nastiness, no drama.  They all seem to either be able to get along or hold their tongues and I appreciate that.  I've never understood why producers of shows think we want to see all that ugliness.

• Love 5

I wonder if the twins heard Heidi’s dance name as “Make It Twerk.” Because, like, they’re like totally millennial AF, and the millennials are all up in the #twerk you know right?

I'm considerably older than the twins, and that's how I heard it. 

Why is it necessary for Ayana's model to wear a headscarf? I'm sure there are many women of all religions  -- or not at all -- who would want to wear her modest clothing. I'm not sure why she puts all of her models in head coverings. Not to mention the fact that it blows all pretense of this being an anonymous runway.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, film noire said:

Last night was awful -- the table falling, the running, the slipping, the hyperness, the endless vocalizing -- like having Thing One and Thing Two in the workroom.

That is a perfect description!!  I don't think I would be able to work with them flitting around!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I do believe that Nina DID actually love it, and then everyone else was either lukewarm or somewhat positive.  Like another poster pointed out, Maddie clearly just repeated what the other judges said after having not been sure.

Brandon mentioned thinking about Ariana Grande or Rihanna which was very smart. Rihanna is always on the extreme cutting edge of fashion and I'm sure a lot of designers would want to dress her.  She always dresses really outlandishly and rarely repeats herself and it never fits into any trend and it's almost never recognizable, as in, like, oh, that's the latest Gucci.  And I'm sure someone like Nina wants Rihanna in her magazine.  Many women are just in love with Rihanna, myself included.  She is female body empowerment in a person.

I think the judges liked Brandon's because it's so intensely modern.  It's minimalist and utilitarian looking.  Not like the nice, streamlined minimalism of the 90s and Calvin Klein but even more bare bones minimalism.  Drab colours and not at all pretty.  Like how Kanye West designs.  Like basic athleisure.  Clothes you'd picture on someone walking through a desert.  It's just pieces of fabric.  I'm not saying *I* liked it, this is just my closest guess as to why it won.  (I just Googled "Kanye West designs").

If this is the future of fashion, I will stick with forever being unfashionable....

• Love 13
5 hours ago, CaughtOnTape said:

The Twins make me insane.  That shaved head one is pretentious as fuck.  

No, she's MILLENNIAL AF, remember??? It's strange, but I find their annoying characteristics hilarious.

4 hours ago, GaT said:

I can see her judging SYTYCD, because she's an actual professional dancer, but as far as I know, she's not know as any kind of fashionista or anybody who has anything to do with fashion. Being a voice in a movie isn't enough qualification to judge the fashion of professional designers.

When Heidi introduced her, I think she said Maddie was a "fashion designer," which, eyeroll.

1 hour ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

Michael - Nice folds, but the fabric was the wrong choice perhaps? Lots of wrinkles.

Yes. Speaking of Michael Kors, it reminded me of a comment he made about an unfortunate red dress that was made of the same material and was about 10 times more wrinkled than last night's dress. He said the key to making dresses with that fabric is that it's supposed to look like human hands never touched it, but the red dress looked like 10,000 human hands touched it.

I covered my eyes so I wouldn't be grossed out, but did one of the pins in Margarita's top stick her model in her lady parts so hard that she started bleeding? OUCH! I've seen models endure some painful things  on PR, but I can't think of anything worse than that!

• Love 3

I heard Heidi subtly, intentionally emphasizing "make ihhh...twerk."  

I couldn't bear to rewind and listen to their affected voices again, but didn't Claire like Brandon's look and Shawn dislike it?  If I am remembering correctly...why did Shawn's look like a cheapie version of Brandon's in some ways?  (Satin ribbon, which didn't match the fabric at all, fluttering off instead of self-ties, in pale off-white--in fact I totally forgot she dyed it, and had a memory that hers was white/off-white, and I can't yet find a picture of hers online).

Did the brief really say it had to be related to dance, or just that it had to be innovative (poor Kentaro forgetting) and inspired by seeing the hiplet dancers and the scenes from the movie?  Because Batani's was inspired by the inventor in the movie, not anything about dance, and they had no problem with that at all.    I can't remember the specific wording of the brief, but I didn't think it said in so many words that it had to be dance-related.  In fact they dinged the tutu impressions for being too literal.

Now I want pistachios.  Thanks a lot, Kentaro!

5 hours ago, GaT said:

she's not know as any kind of fashionista or anybody who has anything to do with fashion. Being a voice in a movie isn't enough qualification to judge the fashion of professional designers.

Being a movie voice would, however, qualify one to judge only those fashions that speak loudly in unlighted solid black rooms. They could be the fashions shows for those odd restaurants that served food in the dark to people who are nude.  

• Love 3