Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Hella Disrespectful

• Start Topic

This is the second time Issa has been an ass to Daniel. (1st time was when she told him he was just an itch that needed to be scratched.) Don't let there be a 3rd time Daniel. I think him saying they're even was not be taken seriously. I think he thought it was something they could laugh about as not cool stuff we've done to each and now we still speaking because we friends, we got history. Daniel lose her number and block her ass. For all her talk of them being good friends from way back and he's her what-if guy, she's been pretty shitty to him. I honestly don't think he gave her a facial intentionally, at least not based on what I saw on his face Issa was like this ain't serious. Which, if he's your what if guy, why you hoing around with him? It don't make sense. She don't make sense. 

I didn't have an issue with Dro telling Molly to wait in the bathroom for a bit before coming out. I think Candice knows but not everybody else knows. If everyone knew, I don't think he would've cared. I mean if everyone knew, it wouldn't have been a surprised to Molly when he told her. I don't feel sorry for Molly though. She walked into this situation again and again. First time, I say she ain't really know what she was getting into it and can be forgiven. After that, naw girl. This on you. 

I'm on that Kelly Love Train. She crazy. 

I agree with the comments about Lawrence. Aparna really shouldn't have invited herself. I wonder if she did it to see what he would say. I don't think she was wrong for getting up from the table, where Lawrence left her with people she don't know and who are friends with his ex. I bet Kelly was giving her a real mean side eye. She was wrong for going outside. I would've just waited inside the lobby until he was done. Why Molly nodded at Lawrence to go after Issa is beyond me?

Derek's birthday and just a bunch of selfish people at the party. Damn let the man have his carrot cake in peace! I don't know what y'll got against carrot cake. It's not like it really tastes like carrots. And you get that cream cheese icing! Good stuff. 

One time I got so made a damaged some property in the rental and that was just yanking a door open so hard it banged into the wall and left a hole. You ain't never gonna catch me messing up my own stuff like Issa did. Not going out like that. Not after I paid my money and I'm not trying to clean that mess up. If Issa has her stuff together as far as her love life, this wouldn't have happened. I'm not saying she should be over Lawrence like that. The fact of the matter is (1) she was ready to break up with him and nearly did, (2) she cheated for a reason, (3) being blocked on Facebook shouldn't have been a huge surprise, (4) she got baes in rotation or was trying to at least, (5) he done been with Tasha and now this Aparna, what am I forgetting? According to her Daniel, shouldn't mean that much to her. Her destroying her apartment just shows how much she been lying to herself. 

• Love 3
On 9/4/2017 at 9:38 AM, Racj82 said:

Why doesn't Issa landlord mail this information to them instead of posting everything on doors? I've had my rent raised damn near every year at my apartment. Started at 750 and now I'm at 950. All those notices came in the mail.

It is a law in the state of California that notices related to residential tenancy have to be served personally to the tenant or posted on the property AND mailing a copy the same day.  My current landlord does what Issa's management company did -- the notice is folded for privacy and taped to the door. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Decider said:

It is a law in the state of California that notices related to residential tenancy have to be served personally to the tenant or posted on the property AND mailing a copy the same day.  My current landlord does what Issa's management company did -- the notice is folded for privacy and taped to the door. 

that. Just seems weird to me. The rent increase part of it. Not notices about noise violations and stuff. We get notices on the main door for that type of stuff. I also think that our landlord isn't doing everyone's rent the same way so they wouldn't put one notice up for everyone.

More disagreeing on my end elsewhere.

Nope I don't think Dro was wrong for saying wait behind. No need to make things look odd in front of everyone. 

I don't have a issue with Lawrence's date coming outside. She had no idea what was going on. Could have been a argument, polite convo. She might have come out side to apologize like Lawrence did.

Basically my thing with a lot of issues is that I feel like there is either a lot of projection or assumptions of malice intent where there isn't none.

Daniel didn't attack Issa with his cum. He didn't literally force her head into it. People keep saying this but if he forced her head into it in anyway Issa damn sure would have said that by now. 

Second, Daniel's comment on the phone is was height of trying to break tension. You can tell by the deliver and awkward laugh. 

Lawrence wasn't trying to rub anything in Issa's face by bringing his date there. He is too damn unable to just except he might piss someone off and ends up doing just that constantly. But, there is no malice. 

No, I don't agree with the notion that Lawrence calling Issa a hoe was out of pocket compared to everything else in the argument. People keep equating what he said to him insisting that she's a hoe for sleeping around at the moment. It has zero to do with that. It's her sleeping with the man again who helped blow up their relatio ship to begin with. After her mocking his depression and his dream that he has put all his heart into is just as fucked up because she knew how that would cut into him. They both said some fucked up things. That's the end of it to me. 

Man, I feel like I'm always sticking up for the guys because it feels like they can never win. Every transgression they have or do makes them the worst but the things the women do are just relatable. Of course, not everyone is like that on here. But, I'm just judging them based on character and that's it's. To keep it one hundred I wouldn't date anyone on this show. They all need to work on themselves for a while. At least with are three leads, we are seeing that journey. It's just hard to watch at times. I just don't hate any of them for it or ever feel like coming after one more than the other in terms of sides. Believe me, it would be easy for me as a man to really hate Issa and Molly for some of the stupid things they do because it reminds me of so much shit I've seen or had done to me in my past. But, I try not to project or judge too much. We all have flaws.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Racj82 said:

I also think that our landlord isn't doing everyone's rent the same way so they wouldn't put one notice up for everyone.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a single notice for rent increases since those are based on move in dates, those would be done individually for each tenant.  My last increase was taped to the door and also mailed.  
General notices for everyone, like one we just got about the new company making trash pickups, would be where all tenants could see them (i.e. on the mailboxes, but notice was also left on our doors).  How it is done may differ between management companies and buildings, though.

• Love 2

Basically my thing with a lot of issues is that I feel like there is either a lot of projection or assumptions of malice intent where there isn't none.

I do think there was malicious intent in the sense that both of them said the one thing they could to cut the other to the bone. They just wanted to really hurt each other in that moment because they both had these assumptions. I don't think Issa or Lawrence really believes what they said to each other as far as the depression and she was a hoe the entire 5 years they were together. I do think Lawrence just went out there to talk and Issa just jumps to he was parading Aparna in front of her. You could see by how he acted when they were arrived that wasn't the case and how he was acting throughout the dinner. And he blocked her when he could've not done that and started posting pictures of him and whoever he's with at the moment on his page. 

Neither one of them knows how to step back and assess a situation and then use their words. Issa is especially bad at not using her words. If she had said something to Lawrence in year 1 of his unemployment I'm sure things would be different now. They might not be together but they might be friends because they decided to break up not her cheating on him. As she said, she should've been honest with Daniel up front when she was reaching out to him. Had she stepped back and assessed the situation, she would've thought better of reaching out to him because she was in a bad spot with Lawrence instead of genuine interest. I really hope next season she starts doing this. She getting really tiresome with this behavior. 

3 hours ago, nicepebbles said:

I do think there was malicious intent in the sense that both of them said the one thing they could to cut the other to the bone. They just wanted to really hurt each other in that moment because they both had these assumptions. I don't think Issa or Lawrence really believes what they said to each other as far as the depression and she was a hoe the entire 5 years they were together. I do think Lawrence just went out there to talk and Issa just jumps to he was parading Aparna in front of her. You could see by how he acted when they were arrived that wasn't the case and how he was acting throughout the dinner. And he blocked her when he could've not done that and started posting pictures of him and whoever he's with at the moment on his page. 

Neither one of them knows how to step back and assess a situation and then use their words. Issa is especially bad at not using her words. If she had said something to Lawrence in year 1 of his unemployment I'm sure things would be different now. They might not be together but they might be friends because they decided to break up not her cheating on him. As she said, she should've been honest with Daniel up front when she was reaching out to him. Had she stepped back and assessed the situation, she would've thought better of reaching out to him because she was in a bad spot with Lawrence instead of genuine interest. I really hope next season she starts doing this. She getting really tiresome with this behavior. 

I should have been clearer. Both of them were being malicious in the actual argument. I'm saying Lawrence didn't go out there to start anything. 

The trashing of her own apartment seems out of character for Issa. She uses her words and "mirror raps" to express herself. I would have preferred to see that, or, how about her just crying?! She only had one brief cry sesh on that curb sofa in Molly's lap after Lawrence ghosted her. She's due. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

The trashing of her own apartment seems out of character for Issa. She uses her words and "mirror raps" to express herself. I would have preferred to see that, or, how about her just crying?! She only had one brief cry sesh on that curb sofa in Molly's lap after Lawrence ghosted her. She's due. 

I think it was more that that particular day had things getting progressively worse for her. Usually, Issa might have a bad moment that she can deal with. But Issa and Molly left their convo in a weird space plus finally talking to Gaines only to be brushed off followed by learning that Lawrence was going to be at the birthday party plus learning that he'd blocked her on Facebook plus Daniel cracking that they were "even" after he bust in her face plus seeing Lawrence with the new piece plus the argument on the street plus coming home to news of a rent hike...

It was too much. I don't think Issa felt that even a shaking, crying fit was going to be enough. She shouldn't have bust up her stuff, though. She can't afford to fix her car; what is she going to about the broken shit in her apartment? She should've gone back outside and just thrown all the lounge chairs in the pool or something lol. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, nicepebbles said:

This is the second time Issa has been an ass to Daniel. (1st time was when she told him he was just an itch that needed to be scratched.) Don't let there be a 3rd time Daniel. I think him saying they're even was not be taken seriously. I think he thought it was something they could laugh about as not cool stuff we've done to each and now we still speaking because we friends, we got history. Daniel lose her number and block her ass. For all her talk of them being good friends from way back and he's her what-if guy, she's been pretty shitty to him. I honestly don't think he gave her a facial intentionally, at least not based on what I saw on his face Issa was like this ain't serious. Which, if he's your what if guy, why you hoing around with him? It don't make sense. She don't make sense. 

I didn't have an issue with Dro telling Molly to wait in the bathroom for a bit before coming out. I think Candice knows but not everybody else knows. If everyone knew, I don't think he would've cared. I mean if everyone knew, it wouldn't have been a surprised to Molly when he told her. I don't feel sorry for Molly though. She walked into this situation again and again. First time, I say she ain't really know what she was getting into it and can be forgiven. After that, naw girl. This on you. 

Derek's birthday and just a bunch of selfish people at the party. Damn let the man have his carrot cake in peace! I don't know what y'll got against carrot cake. It's not like it really tastes like carrots. And you get that cream cheese icing! Good stuff. 

You ain't never gonna catch me messing up my own stuff like Issa did. Not going out like that. Not after I paid my money and I'm not trying to clean that mess up. If Issa has her stuff together as far as her love life, this wouldn't have happened. I'm not saying she should be over Lawrence like that. The fact of the matter is (1) she was ready to break up with him and nearly did, (2) she cheated for a reason, (3) being blocked on Facebook shouldn't have been a huge surprise, (4) she got baes in rotation or was trying to at least, (5) he done been with Tasha and now this Aparna, what am I forgetting? According to her Daniel, shouldn't mean that much to her. Her destroying her apartment just shows how much she been lying to herself. 

Agree with the bolded parts wholeheartedly!

1-Issa has been nothing but mixed signals and bitchy with Daniel, which has made her baseless outrage all the more nothing to me. If I was watching the show on my own without the benefit of all the opinions here which seem to be sympathetic to her, I would have assumed the character was being written in a way to show how she uses Daniel unreasonably to vent all her frustration and sadness about Lawrence. I wouldn't have assumed I was supposed to sympatheize with any of her perceived wrongs by him or that any of them are reasonable.

2-I thought it was rich that Molly might feel any indignation about Dro asking her to wait behind in the restroom. After having just let somebody else's guy do you next to a  public toilet, while his wife sits 30 ft away, the time for shame or offense, has long since passed, sweetheart; not that consenting adults getting it on in a public restroom is inherently shameful but drawing some line of personal affront at the notion of helping to hide the fact from an unsuspecting audience just seems arbitrary. 

3-EXACTLY

4-Ya, no!

• Love 2

Issa likes to create arguments and drama where there isn’t one.  She has done that with Daniel and Lawrence.  In regards to the “I guess we even” comment I think Daniel meant that they now have each done something fucked up to each other so they “even” not that he did that intentionally to get back at her.  Although Daniel didn’t explain that right initially I think he was getting there before Issa flipped out. 

Granted Lawrence should not have brought a date to the dinner even though he seemed to not know it was a sit down dinner and probably thought it was a more casual drinks hanging out thing given his dress.  But still, I know if it were me and this would be the first time that me and my ex would be in the same room since the breakup then I would not bring a date.  The drive by hook up between Lawrence and Issa doesn’t count especially because I doubt they spoke afterwards and that’s even more reason to not bring a date LOL. Also Issa getting drunk and calling Lawrence’s date a “Rando” was uncalled for.

I also don’t understand the degree of anger about being blocked on Facebook and talking about after 5 years that’s all I am a button.  Uhhh yeah ya are.  For all the talk about 5 years hey how about you not cheat on your man. How bout dat on them 5 years.   Lawrence had a good point though; he blocked her because he didn’t want to see any pictures of Issa and Daniel because it would just make him angrier.  I know I would feel some kind of way if you told me that the man you cheated on me with didn’t mean anything to you and then I see pictures and posts  of ya’ll together.  Yeah, you are single now and can do what you want but that don’t mean I want to see it.

Molly and Dro – UGH.  Really in a bathroom, without a condom, WTF.  If it turns out that Molly is pregnant I’m gonna be upset.  Dro is the kinda guy that looks good when you first see him but his looks decline the more you see him. Its like his teeth are too big for his mouth and he is a mouth breather.

• Love 8

I think it was more that that particular day had things getting progressively worse for her. Usually, Issa might have a bad moment that she can deal with. But Issa and Molly left their convo in a weird space plus finally talking to Gaines only to be brushed off followed by learning that Lawrence was going to be at the birthday party plus learning that he'd blocked her on Facebook plus Daniel cracking that they were "even" after he bust in her face plus seeing Lawrence with the new piece plus the argument on the street plus coming home to news of a rent hike...

I agree with her being upset at some of this. She shouldn't be mad at being blocked because she cheated. I mean as NYCNJbear06 said, it's 5 years about being blocked but she didn't care about the 5 years when she was reaching out to Daniel with more than friendly intentions. She overreacted to the whole Daniel situation. You take out those 2 things, it's still a lot, though. 

Really in a bathroom, without a condom, WTF.

I been meaning to mention this. Does anybody use condoms on this show? Or am I just missing it? I don't get it if they aren't. Maybe this show exists in some alternate reality where STDs don't exist and nobody gets pregnant unless they want to. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, nicepebbles said:

I been meaning to mention this. Does anybody use condoms on this show? Or am I just missing it? I don't get it if they aren't. Maybe this show exists in some alternate reality where STDs don't exist and nobody gets pregnant unless they want to. 

It has been mentioned quite a bit and it was brought up to Issa.  She said that they will often have condom wrappers in the background to imply that they're in use (and it's not like they show every step of sex) but she plans on being more obvious next season.

During the blow job episode, they did show all of the women hoarding condoms at the sex event they went to.

I just started watching and haven't been to those episodes threads. Good to know I'm not crazy. When the girls were getting the condoms, I was like what for? I don't recall ever seeing condom wrappers. I think leaving wrappers around to imply usage is then negated when after several sex scenes the dudes just get up and put on their underwear. Granted my list of sexual partners is limited to one dude, yet in all our years that has never happened. These dudes just putting on their underwear, not going to the bathroom, said to me they not using condoms. 

• Love 1

Man, everyone was hitting a low point in this episode. I feel for Molly. The look on her face when Dro said he would leave the bathroom and she could just hang back for a minute showed how crushed she was. I think that even if she isn't in love with him, she is finally seeing the reality of playing second fiddle to his wife. First no one listened to her when she was trying to join the discussion at dinner, then Dro tells her they have something special, fucks her in a bathroom, and then wants her to hide while he goes back to the table.

Lawrence and Issa's fight was realistic because they are two people who know each other very well and no longer have any reason to hold back the truth. To be honest, I thought that when this fight inevitably happened, it would be even worse.

Heh, I had to laugh at Lawrence's totally obliviousness (but in a way that made me glad I don't have to deal with him in real life). First he shows up to a birthday party with an uninvited guest. On top of that, he completely ignored Tiffany's suggested style guide (loved Kelli's crack about how there must have been a sale on denim). I mean, yes, Tiffany was obviously being a control freak by telling Dro and Candice to "mind the color palette," but at the same time, if there is some sort of dress code for an event then you should either follow it or not go. If the invitation says black tie or costumes or whatever, either make an effort or politely decline.

With all of the hints that have been dropped about Candice and Derek's relationship not being what she pretends, I was expecting a Derek/Tiffany fight at his birthday dinner. On the other hand, I guess they're experts at pretending everything's perfect in front of company.

By the way, Candice can GTFO with her "I didn't design this font so you can sit wherever you want." Bitch, that was an ugly ass font that any child with a piece of chalk could have scribbled. Loved that her signature cocktail took ten minutes to describe and Derek's was an amaretto sour with an extra cherry.

Kelli continues to crack me up. First her whole discussion about how she bought her date's jacket at Forever 21 but you can't tell it's a woman's jacket had me cackling. Then her butter confrontation with Ahmal in the middle of everyone else's conversation was hilarious (as was Ahmal stuffing butter into his mouth out of spite).

On 9/4/2017 at 0:06 PM, Empress1 said:

Is it possible to receive unemployment for two years in CA? I was on unemployment for about 5 months after I was laid off and I think I had another month left before it ran out.

When my coworker (in CA) was laid off, she only got six months of unemployment. I'm not sure if there are conditions that allow you to receive it for longer, but I was always under the impression that it was something you could only get for a very limited amount of time.

On 9/4/2017 at 6:47 PM, Empress1 said:

I've never met a couple that constantly bragged about how happy they are, how in love they are, "my best friend, my muse, my earth wind and fire ..." that was actually that happy. I know plenty of happy couples but they just ARE happy and go on about their business, they don't talk about it constantly. The last instance I saw of "he's my everything, blah blah blah" social media bragging ended in divorce when she (who was doing most of the bragging) left him and their two kids for another woman. Given that Tiffany said Derek lived in a hotel for a part of a year at one point, I keep waiting for the reveal that they're actually divorcing or separated or something.

Ugh, yes. I think we all know at least one couple who is always bragging about how blissfully in love they are with their soulmate even though the rest of us know that they have a terrible relationship. One couple I knew was always doing that on FaceBook even though they had broken up several times (they were living together and she moved halfway across the country three of the times that they broke up). I was always so puzzled and annoyed by the amount of effort  they spent cooing at each other on each other's FB walls, trying to pretend that their relationship was so perfect and happy.

On 9/4/2017 at 11:07 PM, scrb said:

Not sure why Issa had a change of heart about this work matter after her personal life kind of was at a low.

I think it was the combination of knowing that the kid on the bus was making an effort to study (as opposed to the kids who don't give a shit) and hearing him say that he tried to come to tutoring but the principal had specifically told him that the program was full. Until that point, she and Frieda had a feeling that he was not sending any Latinx students to tutoring but no real proof. Once she heard what he'd told that kid, she knew that he was lying to keep Latinx kids out of the program.

Loved that her signature cocktail took ten minutes to describe and Derek's was an amaretto sour with an extra cherry.

I thought she said he added the extra cherry. I took that to mean Derek wasn't trying to no signature cocktail and was getting her off his back like fine, "An extra cherry. You happy now?"

I do hope that Tiffany and Derek are a happy couple. Somebody needs to be in a happy relationship on this show. They do exist.