Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Hella Disrespectful

• Start Topic

Lawrence should have called ahead and asked Tiffany if it was cool to bring a plus one. There is no rule that says you have to be FB friends with an ex. Issa needs to let go. 

Sometimes people have love for one another, but aren't suited to be together. Issa and Lawrence, Issa and Daniel, Molly and Dro, etc. You can't make a piece of puzzle fit where it doesn't belong. 

Lawrence and Issa both need some introspective time. Both need some personal growth on their own before they have anything to offer another person. 

Molly broke my heart with her post coital glow and then Dro showed her what time it was..... That older gentleman offering work advice is into her- not what she normally looks for in a dude, but, maybe that's a good thing. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Lawrence should have called ahead and asked Tiffany if it was cool to bring a plus one. There is no rule that says you have to be FB friends with an ex. Issa needs to let go. 

Sometimes people have love for one another, but aren't suited to be together. Issa and Lawrence, Issa and Daniel, Molly and Dro, etc. You can't make a piece of puzzle fit where it doesn't belong. 

Lawrence and Issa both need some introspective time. Both need some personal growth on their own before they have anything to offer another person. 

Molly broke my heart with her post coital glow and then Dro showed her what time it was..... That older gentleman offering work advice is into her- not what she normally looks for in a dude, but, maybe that's a good thing. 

Do ya'll think Molly got together with skinny thick pastor body...that it would be too much like The Cedric the Entertainer love scene from Waiting to Exhale?  I hope we can do a romance with a bigger person and it not turn into a joke.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Do ya'll think Molly got together with skinny thick pastor body...that it would be too much like The Cedric the Entertainer love scene from Waiting to Exhale?  I hope we can do a romance with a bigger person and it not turn into a joke.

That wasn't Cedric the Entertainer that was Wendell Pierce.

• Love 6

Maybe it is her personality to be a non-communicative wallflower, but if this were the case I wish she had just said all this.  Instead she pouted and froze Issa out.  Girl. use your words! 

Well to her credit she did apologize in return to Issa for her bitchy behavior. She actually did call herself a bitch for behaving the way she did.

10 hours ago, qtpye said:

On this show, I think it'll be done without making it a joke about his size.  Although, I don't see the joke,I don't see what the deal is with his size anyway, nor the size of someone like Wendell Pierce who was the actor in Waiting to Exhale. The first thing I noticed most about the guy was the ease in which he interacts with Molly and she with him which is why many of us have come to the conclusion that he could probably be the one for her.

However,  it isn't just that.  He knew Issa wanted him back, he came back and fucked her and raised her hopes and then stepped on those hopes because he knew by doing so he could hurt her.   But it was also how he treated Tasha.  And then he has the nerve to call Issa a ho when he allowed himself to be bought into a threesome by two randos for a six pack of beer.

But this is not only on him, it's also on Issa. He didn't have sex with her against her will, she could have stopped it, I know I would have. As a matter a fact, I would have redirected his mail, not called him to pick it up. I'm only groveling but for so long  if at all. But again, she loves him and she cheated so I have no problem with her trying to get him back for a time, because she was the cheater. But he wasn't having it and then once things settled down which it seems they haven't neither one has been mature enough to have an actual, civil conversation about their entire relationship.  But at any rate, I'd have to take my medicine, pine for a while, and then get off my ass and move on. I'm not devising ways to run into you and spend moments in a room alone with you knowing how vulnerable I am. But this is where maturity and operating on logic comes into the play and some folks are better at this than others even when it comes to matters of the heart.

How he treated Tasha, yes he sucks, but again, that wasn't only on him. These two women aren't helpless victims in all this, that's all I'm saying. You know a guy has just gotten out of a long term relationship and you're going all in, stupid, just stupid and it's desperate looking. You are setting yourself up for hurt, but women love to live in denial and will shit to happen.

Calling Issa a ho, well I got no defense for him on that one. We women know how that goes, and that's exactly where these men go to first when they're in their feelings. At this point, our response should be just a roll of the eye, it's just such a played out response.

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Am I the only one who's like "Of course he blocked you. Why are you still following him?" I'm someone who needs total no-contact after a breakup (where possible - it's always been possible for me since I don't have kids. This is another reason for my rule about not dating people I work directly with), and that includes unfollowing on social media. I might block if I didn't trust myself not to look at their stuff. 

• Love 11
On 9/4/2017 at 0:04 AM, Amethyst said:

We all saw that confrontation coming, but it was worse than I thought it would be.  Lawrence took it too far in calling Issa a ho.  Fuck him for saying that.  Lawrence shouldn't have brought Aparna, anyway.  There was no need for her to go to the party.

I was wondering how much of the fight Aparna heard. If I heard a guy I'd just started dating calling another woman a ho, that would be the end of him for me. It would make me wonder how he'll talk about me if/when we break up.

• Love 8

When Molly stops looking for a man that has what she thinks she wants, and starts thinking about what she needs, she may just find herself happy and contented. Older, wiser gentleman that seems to actually want Molly to succeed and be happy could be the ONE for her. ( I have a feeling Dro is going to end up looking and feeling like a schmuck). Hopefully the writers portray any scenes with Molly and the older man with care and class. 

i like Lawrence but he has behaved like a narcissistic little boy. He isn't a bad guy though, and I think eventually he will realize and take ownership of his part in the demise of his relationship with Issa, and even with Tasha. His professional life and career could use some introspection as well, and once he gets it, his life will fall into place ( with or without Issa). 

Edited by Juliegirlj
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, schmickschmack said:

I am cracking up at how everyone keeps calling Pastor Bod older than Molly.  IRL, Lil Rel is only four years older than Yvonne Orji.  Is it because he's so mature that we think of him as so much older?

Me too - I thought they were supposed to be peers!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Kelli made this whole episode. 

"Oh no this n**** di'int.."

"BUTTER N****!!!"

And after Ahmal took that bite of buttered bread, "Ima dance when you die."

Do we have backstory on Kelli and that dude (is that Issa's brother?)?  I've seen all the episodes, but wasn't that committed to season 1, so I may have missed some key pieces to the storyline.

Edited by CouchTater
1 hour ago, mrsbagnet said:

I was wondering how much of the fight Aparna heard.

Real talk?  I had a problem with Aparna all through this ep.  Inviting herself to the birthday was bad enough but then coming outside (being Hella Nosey!) was just too much.  She knew he left out to speak with his ex---what part of that conversation did she think she should be a part of? Not feeling her as a love interest for Lawrence, AT ALL.  Bish needs to stay in her Programming Lane.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Real talk?  I had a problem with Aparna all through this ep.  Inviting herself to the birthday was bad enough but then coming outside (being Hella Nosey!) was just too much.  She knew he left out to speak with his ex---what part of that conversation did she think she should be a part of? Not feeling her as a love interest for Lawrence, AT ALL.  Bish needs to stay in her Programming Lane.

Eh, I'm not that mad at her for going outside.  Her date left her sitting at a table full of his ex's friends so that he could go talk to said ex.  While Aparna should not have invited herself in the first place, Lawrence brought her and should have stayed with her.

What the heck did he hope to gain by engaging with Issa 1 on 1 that night?  Just because Molly shamed him with a slight head nod didn't mean he had to go.  He truly is weak and sorry.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Eh, I'm not that mad at her for going outside.  Her date left her sitting at a table full of his ex's friends so that he could go talk to said ex.  While Aparna she not have invited herself in the first place, Lawrence brought her and should have stayed with her.

What the heck did he hope to gain by engaging with Issa 1 on 1 that night?  Just because Molly shamed him with a slight head nod didn't mean he had to go.  He truly is weak and sorry.

Yeah and she did wait a bit before going out there. I'm not really looking at her sideways for going out there either, or to the party for that matter.  I don't think she was looking for a blow up, she seems way too mild mannered and chill for that. I'm guessing she thinks since Lawrence has the same demeanor how out of control and confrontational could his ex be? And she's right, Issa is not about making a scene. But I think she was just curious as to who this ex was. Then all his friends were suppose to be there...yeah, there could have been  a lot to learn about this guy she's interested in by going to that party. Hey, if he's weak enough to let me invite myself then so be it.  Now I personally wouldn't want to meet anyone's ex, if I never see them it would be too soon for me.  But some folks are that curious to go and put themselves in the situation that Aparna put herself in just to feed that curiosity.

Edited by Keepitmoving

I actually like Aparna.  And thinks she would be good for Lawrence.  Yeah she shouldn't have invited herself and yeah he really shouldn't have taken her up on the offer.  But I still cut her slack.

Weirdly, I spent a lot of the previous episode distracted by trying to figure out who the actress reminds me of, kind of a cross between Alicia Keyes and Eliza Dushku. 

re: Molly.  If she chooses Lil Rel because they click then that would actually vindicate her decision on NOT choosing Sterling K Brown.  I mean, they are both probably good on paper with SKB getting more points for attractiveness.  But if she doesn't click with SKB then it is the right decision for her not to force something that isn't there just because.

Also I can't remember but is this the first time we've seen 'A' from Misadventures of an Awkward Black Girl on Insecure?  I always love it when they pop up.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Did he really though?  By no means am I being a judgmental prude, but Issa has been working hard to give up the cookie - to any guy who appears marginally interested - for awhile now.  Interestingly enough, Lawrence doesn't know everything we do, or he would have really unloaded on her.

But, like you said, Lawrence doesn't know what else she's doing. He called her that based off of, I believe, ONE picture he saw of her and Daniel. And not only that, he then accused her of sleeping with other people throughout their relationship. That is some real fuckboi shit. 

• Love 7

I like Aparna too , and would be worried about her getting used and hurt if she were naive and totally upfront, but I think she knows what she is doing and she is waaay out of Lawrence's league! 

What IS going on with Tiffany and will we find out this season? She is trying too hard to project the image of a perfect marriage while her girls are all confused and trying to figure shit out, but I have a sneaking suspicion that things are not what they seem. 

Edited by Juliegirlj
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Do we have backstory on Kelli and that dude (is that Issa's brother?)?  I've seen all the episodes, but wasn't that committed to season 1, so I may have missed some key pieces to the storyline.

Yes, that's her brother. I want their back story as well, because this is not the first time they've had that adversarial vibe going on between them. When he showed up at Issa's apt. for the party that's how they interacted with another .

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

Calling Issa a ho, well I got no defense for him on that one. We women know how that goes, and that's exactly where these men go to first when they're in their feelings.

So maybe my opinion on this on this won't make me the model feminist (which I am and totally embrace) but I was unbothered by him calling her a ho in the escalating argument they were having.  It wasn't about her hotation, which I would have been bothered by had he judged her for that.  (Because there's ho/hotation being used by Issa as a tongue-in-cheek way to describe her no strings attached sexploration and there's using it to slut shame her for her NSA sexploration.  I approve of the former and disapprove of the latter.)  But it was about her cheating.  If I were cheated on, I'd go there.  It's just part of the fight where they're calling out the worst in one another.

I last saw Pastor Bod on The Carmichael Show and it takes all of my strength not to call him Bobby.  Or Molly's white co-worker White Josh.

• Love 2

If I were cheated on, I'd go there.  It's just part of the fight where they're calling out the worst in one another.

Yeah I get this, because I do NOT like referring to my fellow women as bitch, ho or any other derogatory term. But I tell ya right now, any woman who's fucking around with my man, on my watch, she specifically will be thought of and referred to by all those derogatory names and then some, she will be slut shamed, LOL. I'm sorry, not sorry, not in that case. And I don't want to hear no shit about well he's the one who's married to you not the other woman, WHATEVER, LOL.  Especially, if she was someone who was supposed to be my friend and not some random woman I don't know. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I love carrot cake, too. I was feeling lonely.

I'm baffled by the carrot cake hate. I didn't even know this was a thing. Apparently I may have been inadvertently offending folks for years, serving it up at birthdays. Who knew??  Moist carrot cake from scratch with cream cheese frosting--what could be better?!

• Love 15
6 hours ago, BrooklynRat said:

I'm baffled by the carrot cake hate. I didn't even know this was a thing. Apparently I may have been inadvertently offending folks for years, serving it up at birthdays. Who knew??  Moist carrot cake from scratch with cream cheese frosting--what could be better?!

Like I said, I like carrot cake with that cream cheese frosting, but the first time I heard any hate for carrot cake simply because it was made with a vegetable, was on a Seinfeld episode. He was highly offended that carrots were being used to make a cake as in who are you fooling, this isn't a dessert, these are vegetables.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Chocolate, vanilla, marble, lemon, buttercream, red velvet - - - pretty much anything that doesn't involve a random vegetable.  LOL

Not to get involved in the carrot cake wars (.. but really carrot cake FTW!)  Imma have to call foul on  Red Velvet -- because to get the red color you either need to use red dye (ick) or some random red vegetable juice, usually beet (double ick).

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

Yes, that's her brother. I want their back story as well, because this is not the first time they've had that adversarial vibe going on between them. When he showed up at Issa's apt. for the party that's how they interacted with another .

The brother seems to have a minor beef with Kelly but loves the self absorbed Tiffany?  Yeah, Imma need some back story on that.

• Love 1

Maybe carrot cake is like comfort food, not the trendy kind of thing foodies like?

Dunno.

I'm not big on any types of cakes but it seems other types of cakes are presented more aesthetically so maybe it's not pretty enough for some people.

23 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

On this show, I think it'll be done without making it a joke about his size.  Although, I don't see the joke,I don't see what the deal is with his size anyway, nor the size of someone like Wendell Pierce who was the actor in Waiting to Exhale. The first thing I noticed most about the guy was the ease in which he interacts with Molly and she with him which is why many of us have come to the conclusion that he could probably be the one for her.

Thanks for this.  As a Brother that's basically a cross between Wendell and Cedric...let me just say this: the majority of the ladies I've been with had no complaints about my ability to get the job done.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, qtpye said:

The brother seems to have a minor beef with Kelly but loves the self absorbed Tiffany?  Yeah, Imma need some back story on that.

Oh he does? I didn't notice his interaction with Tiffany.  I know I love Kelly, her equating the serving of carrot cake with Tiffany's hate for her guests was everything, as was her mumbling that she would still eat it, LOL. Then she mumbled something about the forks again because there were so many. Again, she was the MVP of the episode for me. 

On another note, were there any other guy friends other than Lawrence there for Tiffany's husband? After all, it was suppose to be his birthday. I don't think he's all that close to anyone other than Lawrence,  who he met through Issa because he went to school with her. By the way, where was Chad? Is he not friends with Tiffany's husband?

What? Would having Chad and Kelly at the same party be too much? Probably.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 2

Carrot cake often has walnuts so I can't eat it. If it doesn't have walnuts I'll eat it. I make veggie breads & stuff (zucchini, pumpkin, carrot). I feel some type of way when people have birthday cakes with peanut butter frosting too. Don't deny me cake because of my allergies!

15 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

Yeah I get this, because I do NOT like referring to my fellow women as bitch, ho or any other derogatory term. But I tell ya right now, any woman who's fucking around with my man, on my watch, she specifically will be thought of and referred to by all those derogatory names and then some, she will be slut shamed, LOL. I'm sorry, not sorry, not in that case. And I don't want to hear no shit about well he's the one who's married to you not the other woman, WHATEVER, LOL.  Especially, if she was someone who was supposed to be my friend and not some random woman I don't know. 

Here's some whatever response shit anyway.  Your blood relatives and your close friends should (hopefully) be committed to cherishing you, protecting you.  Your casual acquaintances have a little less stake in taking care of your heart--maybe some.

But why rain down hell on a total stranger?  For what?   For violating the "unspoken bond of all womanhood"?   I turned down married men because, no matter how interesting they were otherwise, "Cheats On Wife" = Asshole.  And I had my own integrity to answer to.  But the only way the poor beleaguered spouse came into it was because I don't generally like to hurt people, not because I owed Mrs. Anonymous Woman anything.

Why wouldn't any woman start with taking a good hard look at her man?  Because that's more painful?  I get that, but doesn't all that slut-shaming just tell a man the blame is likely to fall on all those "sluts" out there and not on him?  Free pass!  (Or at least a hefty discount on his next ticket to ride.)

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

By the way, where was Chad? Is he not friends with Tiffany's husband?

I think Tiff, Derek, Kelli et. al. are all  Issa's friends. Lawrence is friends with Derek through Issa, not on his own.  I figured that is why Dro and his wife were there because the friend-line is through Issa, Molly, Kelli and Tiffany, not Lawrence.  Hence Chad is Lawrence's friend, not Issa's and he wouldn't be there.

Edited by DearEvette
46 minutes ago, candall said:

Here's some whatever response shit anyway.  Your blood relatives and your close friends should (hopefully) be committed to cherishing you, protecting you.  Your casual acquaintances have a little less stake in taking care of your heart--maybe some.

But why rain down hell on a total stranger?  For what?   For violating the "unspoken bond of all womanhood"?   I turned down married men because, no matter how interesting they were otherwise, "Cheats On Wife" = Asshole.  And I had my own integrity to answer to.  But the only way the poor beleaguered spouse came into it was because I don't generally like to hurt people, not because I owed Mrs. Anonymous Woman anything.

Why wouldn't any woman start with taking a good hard look at her man?  Because that's more painful?  I get that, but doesn't all that slut-shaming just tell a man the blame is likely to fall on all those "sluts" out there and not on him?  Free pass!  (Or at least a hefty discount on his next ticket to ride.)

Hopefully, but there are plenty shitty family members to go around where the only thing connecting you to them is blood and there aren't lines that they won't cross. 

Yeah, I didn't say anything about giving the man a free pass, my stance is don't come  at me with all that we shouldn't slut shame when it comes to something that close to home, WHATEVER.  That's always the come back, well why isn't she blaming her husband *eye roll.* As if anyone on the outside knows what the wife is saying or doing to said husband behind close doors. And my post was in response to another poster not being offended that Lawrence called Issa a Ho in that particular circumstance. Again, don't like using the word but I couldn't care less about refraining from using it on some woman who's fucking around with my husband, period. I don't care about  well she isn't your husband he is, he made the vow so why are you angry with her. Are you kidding me?  I don't care about well if it wasn't her it would be someone else. Well, it was her and I know about her, so I'm going to shit all over her name if it makes me feel better. And she better not catch on fire because I wouldn't spit on her to put it out, LOL. 

Also, me turning down married men would also have nothing to do with the bond of womanhood, but the fact that I think it's a shitty thing to do period. And yes, an extremely shitty thing to do to a fellow female you are friends with, close to or even just travel in the same circle. Most importantly, I have self-respect. In my house I was taught to treat others how you would want to be treated. I wouldn't want that to happen to me, so that's how I roll in life. We know others don't, either they're just very weak and can't help themselves and/or just flat out evil, narcissistic shitty human beings, can't control that, but I can control what I do unto others. Because some people cheat just cause they can and they take glee in mucking shit up, being the center of attention and it boost their egos. Finally, logic always gets in my way and I'm thankful for that. It's illogical to me to see any man who can't honor his vows as attractive. I just can't reason with it, if you can't do right by her then... You have no honor. So the very reason I found you attractive would go out the window if I were to cheat with you. I can't get away from this logic.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 5
On 9/4/2017 at 0:47 AM, mrsbagnet said:

Tiffany is just insufferable. She really does think she is better than everyone else, or else she has low self-esteem and is hiding behind a huge facade. I'm not sure how any of them can stand her. Who the hell has carrot cake at a birthday party? I won't even get into the "signature drinks."

Ok, carrot cake and specialty drinks at ALL of the parties I have been to recently.  It's a thing.

What was the first drink?  The Tiffany?  I remember thinking it sounded good.

I NEED the dress Molly was wearing at the party, with the pink sleeves.  Does anyone know the designer, or where I can find it??  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I NEED the dress Molly was wearing at the party, with the pink sleeves.  Does anyone know the designer, or where I can find it??  

Don't know much about this dress, but this reminded me that Dro walked up to her and said that it was his favorite. Damn, the whole Dro thing was so sad and depressing and her wearing his favorite dress just reminded me of how pathetically depressing that all was. I hope I don't see him again, unless they decide to give me Candice's point of view. Although I think I figured out her point of view just based on her interaction with Molly, she knew/knows what's up and it's fine with her. 

• Love 2
On 9/4/2017 at 10:45 AM, Keepitmoving said:

Well I do, at least now I do. Last week I didn't and I was on Issa for giving bj's and not knowing what the hell she's doing,then blaming shit all on the guy.  But nope, not this week. I totally buy he did that shit on purpose, because his ego felt disrespected *eye roll.*  Had he not come with that now we're even and you know how it feels shit than I wouldn't even entertain the idea that he did it on purpose and to disrespect her. The fact that those words were even a thought in his head and then he utters them says to be that even subconsciously he was trying to disrespect her, please.  When at no point did Issa disrespect him to that level if at all. She never led him to believe that she wanted to be a couple with him. They had history, but never fully were a couple, I think it was timing, I can't remember exactly. That last time she tried to be honest with him she wasn't trying to be mean. She got nervous because of him saying I got you and the hug made her think that he was thinking, that she wanted something serious. Therefore,  she tried to let him know that wasn't the case,that they both should be seeing other people as well as one another. She didn't want to make the same mistake she made before by not being upfront on their relationship status and she told him that. Now could she have waited a day to have that convo.?  Yes. But once again, she did not call him because she was in a car accident and needed him to pick her up, she called because they were supposed to meet up that night and she wanted to let him know why she couldn't make it.  But he insisted on showing up because he thought he was her new one and only or at least he was trying to be.  But sorry, she in no way disrespected him IMO in their last interaction before he gave her a "facial." She even said to him that she wasn't as up front before, so she was trying to be up front this time. Yeah, bye Daniel.

I think he was refering to when she slept with him and then told him he meant nothing to her, when she was still with Lawrence.  She ABSOLUTELY disrespected him then.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I think he was refering to when she slept with him and then told him he meant nothing to her, when she was still with Lawrence.  She ABSOLUTELY disrespected him then.

Oh yeah, at the that We Got Ya'll party last season right?

Yeah that was hurtful/disrespectful.

And I can't remember, how did they get together again? Did she reach out to him first?

Yeah, she was actively trying to seek him out wasn't she?

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Oh yeah, at the that We Got Ya'll party last season right?

Yeah that was hurtful/disrespectful.

And I can't remember, how did they get together again? Did she reach out to him first?

Yeah, she was actively trying to seek him out wasn't she?

I have to think back but I think she saw him out at that day party and then later at the diner.  She sat with him to escape the finger fucking going on next to her.  Aaahhh!!  (I'm writing this at work, I really hope my work can't see what I'm writing- ha ha!)

I want to say she reached out to him before that to apologize, but I can't remember.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Ok, carrot cake and specialty drinks at ALL of the parties I have been to recently.  It's a thing.

What was the first drink?  The Tiffany?  I remember thinking it sounded good.

20 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Don't know much about this dress, but this reminded me that Dro walked up to her and said that it was his favorite. Damn, the whole Dro thing was so sad and depressing and her wearing his favorite dress just reminded me of how pathetically depressing that all was. I hope I don't see him again, unless they decide to give me Candice's point of view. Although I think I figured out her point of view just based on her interaction with Molly, she knew/knows what's up and it's fine with her. 

The show's costume designer, Ayanna James, has a Twitter account. She'll usually answer "Who's that by?!" questions there if you also attach a screenshot of the outfit or piece in question. 

As for Dro, I kinda cringed at his bad Spanish. The actor is Panamanian. The character is as well, and not only that, just two episodes ago, we saw his family speaking Spanish, which signaled to me that they spoke Spanish in the home. So he should know better! But he said, "Te pusaste mi vestido favorito," and I was like, "Dude 'pusaste' ain't a word." What he was looking for was pusiste

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

The show's costume designer, Ayanna James, has a Twitter account. She'll usually answer "Who's that by?!" questions there if you also attach a screenshot of the outfit or piece in question. 

As for Dro, I kinda cringed at his bad Spanish. The actor is Panamanian. The character is as well, and not only that, just two episodes ago, we saw his family speaking Spanish, which signaled to me that they spoke Spanish in the home. So he should know better! But he said, "Te pusaste mi vestido favorito," and I was like, "Dude 'pusaste' ain't a word." What he was looking for was pusiste

Thank you!!  I just tweeted her!  I have a twitter account but never use it- only for reasons such as this.

• Love 1

Re: the cake. I always thought the birthday person/guest of honor gets the cake THEY like at their party and the guests either eat it or don't. So while I love Kelly, I thought her comment was on the rude side. Although part of my love for Kelly is because she has no filter so it wasn't a big deal.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

Re: the cake. I always thought the birthday person/guest of honor gets the cake THEY like at their party and the guests either eat it or don't. So while I love Kelly, I thought her comment was on the rude side. Although part of my love for Kelly is because she has no filter so it wasn't a big deal.

LOL, well Kelly is just ridiculous. She's someone either you love and put up with her or you leave it alone. You just throw up your hands because you can't do anything with her. I mean when she said the Jewish greeting I think it was and that she was going to use at the Mosque when she went to services with her new bae OMG...Molly tells her that's not what they say and she says with an attitude in response..."Well it could be."  LOL, I can't, you just throw up your hands and laugh, or not. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I have to think back but I think she saw him out at that day party and then later at the diner.  She sat with him to escape the finger fucking going on next to her.  Aaahhh!!  (I'm writing this at work, I really hope my work can't see what I'm writing- ha ha!)

I want to say she reached out to him before that to apologize, but I can't remember.

No, I was trying to think about how they got together in season one, that's what I can't remember? I'm trying to remember how it went down her meeting up with him again. I can't remember when she first called him? Did she call him? Or did she go on his Facebook page? Or did he reach out to her first?  I think I remember him doing something with her, with the kids at the elementary school. That's back when her Broken Pussy song was up on Youtube and the kids were playing it on their phones. Didn't he show up at that school to engage the kids with something using his music skills?

Edited by Keepitmoving
2 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

No, I was trying to think about how they got together in season one, that's what I can't remember? I'm trying to remember how it went down her meeting up with him again.

Issa, I think, IIRC came across a post on facebook of Daniel's and they chatted and she went to the club where he was dee-jaying.   This was in the aftermath of her being really disappointed that Lawrence was disinterested in doing anything for her birthday, he just wanted to stay home watch movies.  So she went out with Molly instead intent on accidentally on purpose running into Daniel. 

She invited him to be the career day speaker at one of the schools and I think the kids really responded well to him and she got the heart eyes. But even so,  I think she was backing away from him resisting the temptation he represented, but then the Broken Pussy video showed up online and she went to him in desperation to see if he knew who uploaded it and could they take it down.  She slept with him on a wave of nostalgia and good energy after he gave her the opportunity to spit some rhymes in his studio and doing a bunch of "remember when we used to..." reminiscences. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Issa, I think, IIRC came across a post on facebook of Daniel's and they chatted and she went to the club where he was dee-jaying.   This was in the aftermath of her being really disappointed that Lawrence was disinterested in doing anything for her birthday, he just wanted to stay home watch movies.  So she went out with Molly instead intent on accidentally on purpose running into Daniel. 

She invited him to be the career day speaker at one of the schools and I think the kids really responded well to him and she got the heart eyes. But even so,  I think she was backing away from him resisting the temptation he represented, but then the Broken Pussy video showed up online and she went to him in desperation to see if he knew who uploaded it and could they take it down.  She slept with him on a wave of nostalgia and good energy after he gave her the opportunity to spit some rhymes in his studio and doing a bunch of "remember when we used to..." reminiscences. 

Thank you, this is what I was trying to remember. 

And with that, yeah, it really does suck that she reached out to him first to scratch an itch and never divulged what was going on with her and Lawrence. And it's not like she didn't know he was into her, they had history, but if I remember correctly the timing was never right for them in the past. Then to top it off, she humiliated Daniel at that party.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, Mozelle said:

I rewound that three times to figure out what he was saying. I mean, there were a limited number of verbs that fit the given translation, so I thought maybe it was a new word that I hadn't learned yet, lol. I finally figured out he was just saying it wrong. I got the impression that Dro's dad was Latino and his mom wasn't (IIRC she answered her husband in AAVE when he spoke to her in Spanish). I thought maybe Dro's family was a case where the parent speaks a foreign language, and the child understands it, but can't speak it well themselves.

I don't hate carrot cake per se, but I think it's a cake that is easy to get wrong. I've only had good carrot cake a few times. I usually find it too dense and too heavy and with the carrots and the nuts and the spices, it feels like a whole meal. I agree, the birthday person should chose the cake, but if it were me, and carrot cake were my favorite, I would get a small one for myself and anyone else who might like it, and then get a larger, more dessert-y cake for everyone else.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 4