Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E07: Ouroboros

His health failing, Setrakian ignores Eph's warnings, pushing himself to the limit in his quest for victory and revenge. Fet and Quinlan race back to Manhattan, while the Master seals off the city and prepares to eliminate them all.

Edited by bilgistic

Farewell Abraham! He fought the good fight and got to take out Eichhorst before the end.  

So Creem got outsmarted. He always thought that he could make a deal with those monsters. I am glad Gus took him out. Poor Eph sidekick. She got taken out in a minute.

How are Quinlan, Fet, and the captain getting the warhead to Manhattan.

• Love 1

Abraham finally is back in the thick of it and the show is better for it!  I actually like the majority of the cast (even Corey Stoll is actually good, despite Eph being kind of a jackass half of the time), but I feel like David Bradley really takes it to another level.

While I'll miss Eichorst as a villain and Richard Sammel's spot-on performances, I'm glad Abe finally got to deal the death blow to him.  Fitting that it was because Eichorst was so arrogant and decided to play around, and that allowed Abe to take those blood thinners.  Not sure what this means for Abe though.  Is he now infected?  Is he going to die too?

Not exactly a good episode for the characters who were just introduced though.  Both Alex and Raul already bite it.  It's like the show figured that now that Dutch/Abe and Eph are reunited and Gus finally (FINALLY!) decided to join the fight, there is no need for them anymore.

Oh, Alonzo!  Marlo would have been way, way more smarter if he ever got stuck in this situation!

So, with Eichorst dead, who is The Master going to turn to?  Desai?  Or will he really get desperate and try to unleash Zach onto the world?

Fet and Quinlan are going to need to find a good boatyard now, I guess.  And keep an eye on that Roman guy, because he's been acting kind of suspicious in this episode.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Fet and Quinlan are going to need to find a good boatyard now, I guess.  And keep an eye on that Roman guy, because he's been acting kind of suspicious in this episode.

OT:Still reeling from that Game Of Thrones finale..

as for this episode,didnt they destroy the boats in addition to the bridges?  i think Roman is going to turn on Fet and Quinlan in the second to last episode..

7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

6 hours ago, TDT said:

i think Roman is going to turn on Fet and Quinlan in the second to last episode..

I got that feeling about Roman as well. I hope that he doesn't.

7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Oh, Alonzo!  Marlo would have been way, way more smarter if he ever got stuck in this situation

I thought was actually a Marlo move, selling out the team for profit and to consolidate his position as boss.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

FINALLY!!!  That's why these knuckleheads need Abraham.  What an ending.  Yes, I'm sorry that Gus' cousin and Eph's new sidekick were killed, but wow-even after a stroke and feeling his aging issues, Abraham is always thinking.   And what a wonderful way for him to kill Eicholtz.  The master looked surprised and concerned. I think these last episodes may be really good.

Edited to add:  AND, no Zack!

Edited by seacliffsal
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

FINALLY!!!  That's why these knuckleheads need Abraham.  What an ending.  Yes, I'm sorry that Gus' cousin and Eph's new sidekick were killed, but wow-even after a stroke and feeling his aging issues, Abraham is always thinking.   And what a wonderful way for him to kill Eicholtz.  The master looked surprised and concerned. I think these last episodes may be really good.

Edited to add:  AND, no Zack!

I kind of figured that Eichorst wouldve turned Alex,as another way of trying to spite Eph

Loved the opening with "Paint it Black". 

Wow - a GOOD episode of the The Strain!  This is what happens when you have David Bradley and Richard Sammel do scenes together, hell, when you just have David Bradley in the damn show.  Setrakian makes Eph almost likable.

Very glad that Abe got to kill Eichorst.  Eichorst was easily the best villain on the show; Jonathan Hyde is trying, but the Master is nowhere near as creepy and threatening as Eichorst was.  Still, yay Abraham!   We also got a sense of momentum, though I still don't know what the plan is with the nuke.  Setrakian spotted something important in the Lumen pages so he needs to make it through next episode to pass on what he knows.  I'm sure taking all those blood thinners and getting bitten doesn't bode well for his long term health.

Setrakian's point that the Master adapted his evil methods from humans and couldn't do what he's doing without collaborators was an interesting one.  If the vampires (or at least the Master and his kind) didn't feed on people and study them, would they just be, as Setrakian says to Eichorst, parasites.  Big, vicious, dangerous ones, but not as dangerous as when they're using intelligence.  Too bad the show didn't spend more time on this theme; the Master possibly getting his intelligence and planning from people. 

I was also happy that Eph told Abe about Zach and that Dutch told Eph she overheard.   Ruda Gedmintas has quietly been doing a good job as Dutch and I hope she gets more work from this.  Dutch also mentioned that she was the one who killed the internet, nice to hear that the show hasn't forgotten that.

Farewell Alex and guy with Gus, we hardly knew you.

The Fet/Quinlan/Roman trio is fun.  I did LOL at this:

Fet "Gonna be a reception committee"

Quinlan "Wouldn't have it any other way"

Roman "I can think of a number of ways I'd rather have it"

Ha!

• Love 4