Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: The Dragon And The Wolf

• Start Topic

I think Sansa always knew LF was manipulating her. She trusted him in a weird way because she's spent so much time with him. But it didn't mean she didn't get her spidey senses about him. I think if anything LF's shit-stirring reminded Sansa about the last time she thought she was too good for her family and decided to go with the new shiny thing. It caused her years of misery and suffering. This episode with her and Arya and Bran all together was Sansa's return to being a Stark. It's been a long journey but she's realized the value of the family she once thought was too backwards and plain for her.

Also if Dany isn't barren, whatever happened with all the sex she was having with Daario? I don't think they were using birth control.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I'm very confused by Tyrion's bitchface. Wasn't he shipping them?!!!

He should be happy. This could mean he's not too little for her after all. 

• Love 17

The sooner that Cersei is gone, the happier I'll be - it's too bad that Johnny and Edgar Winter Whitewalkers didn't put some KL Google Map into Icy Hot Viserion there.  Damn, I hated seeing the wall being shredded but it was a cool way to do it.  

I will have to rewatch, but I do agree the pacing was off - as if the editing monkeys were having a bad day.  Though, we all know what could have solved that problem, and that was giving us a full ten episodes or even eight.  I think a bit longer conversation with Bran and Sam would have been nice.  

Will do a rewatch before I comment further, but I so wished for the Jon & Dany sexytimes we could have had some Barry White in the background. It would have made that moment just so much more special.

• Love 4

I don't understand Tyrion at the end. Is he jealous? Unhappy? 

Do we call Jon Aegon now? 

Why are we still watching Theon? 

What happened to the spoilers I read about Cersei at the end? (If you've read them, ykwim. That and spoilers were 100 percent spot on except that.)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, anyanka323 said:

The blowing of the horns was reminiscent of Pippin lighting the beacons at Minis Tirith. 

Actually the blowing of the horn is a long established (and much more common) practice of the Night's Watch:  once for a brother returning, twice for wildlings, three times for White Walkers.  I was screaming at the TV when the horn failed to sound as soon as the army of the dead appeared.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 5
Just now, Growsonwalls said:

I think Sansa always knew LF was manipulating her. She trusted him in a weird way because she's spent so much time with him. But it didn't mean she didn't get her spidey senses about him.

Could be why she's always called him Lord Baelish despite his pleas for her to call him Petyr.

• Love 12

People have been pointing out all season how characters have emphasized that The Wall has held for a thousand years that it was foreshadowing its fall. Seeing it fall made me sad. All those years, all the men that had defended it and down it all comes. 

So is the dragon riding Night King a Targ? Or is his power of control over the dragon the thrall?

Littlefinger's sob almost got me. Then I remembered Cat cutting her hands on that dagger and Ned's face before he was beheaded and I'm not feeling too upset.

I'm shocked how much I've grown to root for Theon. They really haven't made it easy for him and AA plays beaten down so well, but I bought him finally attempting to do the right thing and having the mental stones to back it up. Jon gave him a huge gift in declaring him a Greyjoy and Stark. I think in the long run Theon will play a role in the Iron Islands gaining traction on the mainland and becoming more than jokes. He's learned the value and meaning of loyalty.

My Season 8 predictions are that Dany is preggers with Jon's kid and Jon dies defeating the Night King. He was resurrected with the destiny of killing NK and extending the Targ line. Gendry will be legitimized and marry Sansa for the Baratheon line returning. The only sad thing I'm seeing is that the Stark name will die out unless Bran has a kid. Robb and Rickon's deaths wiped them out. 

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

I swear, if something happened to Tormund...he better be OK.  As in safe, not just alive.  He needs to be back onscreen next season, talking about his potential monster babies.

If everyone dies except Tormund and Brienne and Lady Lyanna Mormont, and they adopt her and install her as one true Queen, as they make gigantic babies to continue protecting her and her line, will be totally ok with this.

Edited by Paws
  • Love 21
12 minutes ago, stagmania said:

So that sex scene was a total romance fail, but I think it's still fairly obvious that Daenerys is going to get pregnant. Which seems to suggest one of Jon's big torments next season will be finding out and then having to choose between marrying his aunt or letting his child be born a bastard, on top of dealing with his feelings about his true parents and claim to the throne. And Daenerys will of course fiercely protect the baby she never thought she could have, and be wary of Jon trying to take the throne. So this may actually be a set up for them to be working together but not trusting/feeling comfortable with each other as they fight off the Night King.

Jon and Jaime can have a heart to heart about that next season.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

Bronn is looking extra dirty these days!

I loved the way that the Dothraki wildly interweaved between the stately Unsullied. And Dany being fashionably late was awesome.

Every time I see that bitch Cersei, all I can say is die!

I am sure those calling Jon an idiot will commence in 3…2…1…I get his point, and I get there point. Consider this though, no matter what Jon had said, Cersei will have done whatever suited Cersei. I sure hope Cersei, the real villain, gets called out on her villainy as much as some will call Jon stupid.

Cersei is so willing to point out Tyrion’s downfall but this winch does not take responsibility for anything. I have no sympathy or empathy for her.

Qyburn looks like a straight up pedophile!

So glad that Jon said the witch was not a reliable source.

So, did the slob kicking Theon’s ass just tire himself out mostly?

Littlefinger getting the finger! YES!

I am still unimpressed by Euron. And I knew Cersei accepting the truce was too sane for her. Jamie is an annoying idiot. Jamie is the stupidest Lannister. The only sane thing Cersei has said. Why does Cersei not think whatever will come for her? I actually hope a wight gets Cersei.

I have never been so happy to see Sam and Gilly. I mean that. Tell the news!

Bow-chick-a-bow-wow. Aegon’s (Jon) ass! Yummy.

Oh my! Viserion! Tormund better survive.

Cersei knows who ever wins will try and kill her. Why should she help either side? 

Also she just hobbled Danys Hand. Who will now be trying to let Cersei and her child survive in order to make for his "part"  in Myrcellas death. 

• Love 5

I love Jon moralizing that Ned was really Theon's father as if the man who stole Theon's birthright and also would've cut his throat for something he didn't even do could ever be called a father figure.

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

"I'm a slow learner. It's true. But I learn."  Sansa.  Line of the night for me.  Everything building up to it was stupid though. Hope Sansa and Arya have a great Season 8.

How much you think the special effects for Ice Dragon costed?  All I could think about during the final scene.

Jon is stuuuuuuuuuuupid.  Sansa's reaction to Littlefinger telling her Jon probably wants to marry Dany was interesting.

Sex scene with Jon and Dany was hilarious! I'm floored by them interposing it with flashback scenes of Lyanna/Rhaegar and adding Bran's voiceover.  This is not how you treat endgame, one of them will die, my money is on Dany.  

Yes, but not in a way she loose Winterfell, the way she mentioned the note he did it in a total autocratic way, he could have waited and have them meet first.

Only thing that would make Sansa not support him is what he just did, which was sell out the North by a consensus of 1.

I don't think it gets resolved until the war is over, and Bran may have some input since Sansa doesn't know his birth like Sam and Bran.

I also feel we may no longer see or need Howland Reed, since Sam has the paperwork and Bran the facts, unless Sansa has to evacuate everyone and they go through the Neck.

• Love 3

I'm still confused.  So Jon is the product of silver haired Raegar and light brown haired Lyanna.  Ned, her brother, and Arya, her niece, both have light brown hair.  And we had that whole "the seed is strong" theme in Season 1 about Baratheons having black hair and Lannisters having blonde hair and Tully's having red hair, which is how Ned realized that Joffrey and sibs were not Robert's children.  So how did Jon end up with black hair?  Does that mean he's not a "true" Targaryeon like Dany?    Ugh.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Also if Dany isn't barren, whatever happened with all the sex she was having with Daario? I don't think they were using birth control.

Ummm, men can be infertile too.

I thought Littlefinger crying and whining and begging for his life was a bit out of character. Although he was a bit boring this season, I will miss his scheming ass.

• Love 10

Great episode!  I always figured the Wall crashing down would end a season of Game of Thrones but before last week, I never would have guessed a dragon would have done it.  I hope Tormund and Beric survived but it's hard to see how.  Where did Gendry end up?

Loved the big meeting in King's Landing and the various reunions (Clegane and Brienne in particular)  Loved the wight scene and Cersei and Jaime's reaction to it.  I wonder if Qyburn attempted to talk her out of her plans as he seemed fascinated by it.  TV Cersei is much smarter than Book Cersei but she still shows stupidity in the end as she makes it clear that she would rather be Queen of the ashes than protect Westeros.  I'm glad Jaime FINALLY nutted up and left her.  That's LONG overdue.

FANTASTIC scene between Tyrion and Cersei.  I've been critical of Dinklage still getting Emmy nominations because I don't think the show has given him much Emmy-worthy material the past two years but they rectified that this season and he's been stellar.  Lena was great there too.

Aegon Targaryen...overused name but fitting.  Icky as it is, I've enjoyed Jon and Dany's interaction with each other.  Loved the flashback but I would have thought Bran would have picked that up sooner.

So glad Littlefinger is no more and he died begging on his knees, which his throat slit.

Didn't expect the Theon stuff but glad we got it as Alfie has always been one of the more underrated performers on this show.

• Love 13

I really LOVED tonight's episode but I do have a quibble.  When last we saw Grey Worm and the unsullied they were at Casterly Rock watching their ride home burn, after having taken a castle whose food stores had been emptied.  Are we supposed to assume that they spent the last 3-4 episodes marching back to Kings Landing, living off the land?  I guess that's possible but it was a bit jarring to see them formed up on the plain outside Kings Landing.

In other news, we now have a plain outside Kings Landing.  That's new.

On 8/27/2017 at 10:17 PM, benteen said:

Great episode!  I always figured the Wall crashing down would end a season of Game of Thrones but before last week, I never would have guessed a dragon would have done it. 

I was afraid the wall would come down (they've foreshadowed it enough) but I assumed it was going to have something to do with that mark on Bran's arm -- the one that broke the protection spell around the elder Three Eye Crow's cave -- the one that has apparently been completely forgotten.

Edited by WatchrTina
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, Oscirus said:

I love Jon moralizing that Ned was really Theon's father as if the man who stole his birthright and would've cut his throat for something he didn't even do could ever be called a father figure.

Yeah, the show has been going so overboard this season painting Ned as the overarching saintly figure that they're kind of glossing over that he was basically Theon's captor.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Ocean Chick said:

I'm still confused.  So Jon is the product of silver haired Raegar and light brown haired Lyanna.  Ned, her brother, and Arya, her niece, both have light brown hair.  And we had that whole "the seed is strong" theme in Season 1 about Baratheons having black hair and Lannisters having blonde hair and Tully's having red hair, which is how Ned realized that Joffrey and sibs were not Robert's children.  So how did Jon end up with black hair?  Does that mean he's not a "true" Targaryeon like Dany?    Ugh.

"The seed is strong" means nothing in connection to Jon. That had to do with whether Baratheon or Lannister genes were dominant.  Jon is neither a Baratheon nor a Lannster. 

Jon is one half Stark (brunette) one half Targaryen (silver). And apparently the Stark side won out. 

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, Francie said:

From what I've heard, the issue was on his end.  He was having trouble keeping his head in the game when shooting scenes she was in. 

In any event, I think it was just a reason to take out two actors who had no further purpose in the scenes. 

I do think the better scene would have been hanging with them instead of some of the others. 

Oh come on!  Everyone knows Pod & Bronn went to Baelish's old whorehouse instead of watching history be made.  They're drinking and whoring while they can.

Bronn wants to know what Pod knows that he doesn't.....remember the whores PAYING Pod after his first foray in Littlefinger's establishment, compliments of Tyrion?  Bronn & Tyrion were dumbfounded when pod came back w/the pouch full of gold. 

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!!!

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think Sansa always knew LF was manipulating her. She trusted him in a weird way because she's spent so much time with him. But it didn't mean she didn't get her spidey senses about him. I think if anything LF's shit-stirring reminded Sansa about the last time she thought she was too good for her family and decided to go with the new shiny thing. It caused her years of misery and suffering. This episode with her and Arya and Bran all together was Sansa's return to being a Stark. It's been a long journey but she's realized the value of the family she once thought was too backwards and plain for her.

After she took her first ride on Drogon, out of the fighting pits in Mereen, she started her menses again.  Drogon magically healed her womb.  Or so we are led to believe.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

Someone reassure me that Tormund isn't dead.  Right now.

He's too significant to have died like that with no official shot. We would have seen something more concrete. I hope. Please God. He and Davos are my two DO NOT KILLs.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, MadMouse said:

Boatsex and Rhaegar. If there was any doubt about Dany and Jon that's gone. Bran saying he loved her while Jon was on screen and then she loved him when Dany appears answers that. No chance that she's not pregnant after all the mentions throughout the season and tonight . Rheagar's wig looked terrible, did they just use the one for Harry Lloyd?

I thought Rhaegar was played by Harry Lloyd as well, and couldn't believe my eyes. 

Anyone have a confirmation/not on that one?  Pretty please?

• Love 1

Rhaegar and Lyanna's love (and marriage) led to a  destructive war and eventually to a baby.

Jon and Dany's love (and possible marriage) will end a destructive war and eventually they will have  baby.

That is why I think they had the two secnes shot the way they did tonight. 

• Love 22
52 minutes ago, Francie said:

He looked too much like Viserys. It was giving me PTSD. 

Rhaeger, in my head, has much longer hair. And it should've been tied back-not unlike Khal Drogo's but not as long. I've always liked the Lyanna actress, though, because she looks charmingly like Harrington. Rhaeger named both his sons "Aegon" for no reason. 

I've figured out why the Jon/Dany thing bugs me. Beyond the fact that they have no chemistry (and the whole relationship is rushed) but characters in the show and we as an audience know things about them that they don't know. Bran and Sam's conversation about Jon's parents and their wedding scene and him being the heir to the Iron Throne happening 10 seconds before he bones his aunt is just creepy.

It's like a gotcha on a character (Jon) that is so steadfast and serious and constantly wanting to do the right thing. He won't even lie to get Cersei's help or the ceasefire.  

At least with Jaime and Cersei, they know what the deal is. There is no illusion about what they are doing- all the facts are on the table. It's a consent situation with Jon/Dany and it's creepy.

Her wig is still terrible. Jon Snow is fit, though. Short, but fit. I'm not sure how much of the schmoopiness I can take between the two of them and I hope this ends soon. 

Also completely maddening- so glad the wight adventure was so useful in giving the Night King exactly what he needed to knock down magical ice wall that stood for thousands of years. Go Team! 

Littlefinger's death was a long time coming and satisfying, but I still don't like the Winterfell stuff. 

Headey and Dinklage KILLED their scene together. They were always good together in earlier seasons and they did it again. Headey just inhabits Cersei down to her toes and I hope she wins an Emmy at some point. That's the reason Cersei is still alive- they want Headey around. 

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I'm sure but hasn't it already been said the ending will be bittersweet?  Game of thrones is no fairytale and has never pretended to be. I think the two needed to come together to defeat the whitewalkers but that's it IMO I think there has been quite a bit of foreshadowing this season that Dany will not rule.

If one of them is going to die, I think it's going to be Jon.  Dany learning to rule has been an overarching plot of the series, whereas Jon's purpose has been to unite all humans against the undead army, with little thought of what comes next after the humans have won.  Plus, the anvils were being dropped that Dany will get pregnant with a Wolf Dragon heir.   

• Love 6

TobinAlbers:

People have been pointing out all season how characters have emphasized that The Wall has held for a thousand years that it was foreshadowing its fall. Seeing it fall made me sad. All those years, all the men that had defended it and down it all comes. 

So is the dragon riding Night King a Targ? Or is his power of control over the dragon the thrall?

Littlefinger's sob almost got me. Then I remembered Cat cutting her hands on that dagger and Ned's face before he was beheaded and I'm not feeling too upset.

I'm shocked how much I've grown to root for Theon. They really haven't made it easy for him and AA plays beaten down so well, but I bought him finally attempting to do the right thing and having the mental stones to back it up. Jon gave him a huge gift in declaring him a Greyjoy and Stark. I think in the long run Theon will play a role in the Iron Islands gaining traction on the mainland and becoming more than jokes. He's learned the value and meaning of loyalty.

My Season 8 predictions are that Dany is preggers with Jon's kid and Jon dies defeating the Night King. He was resurrected with the destiny of killing NK and extending the Targ line. Gendry will be legitimized and marry Sansa for the Baratheon line returning. The only sad thing I'm seeing is that the Stark name will die out unless Bran has a kid. Robb and Rickon's deaths wiped them out. 

This!..So Much!.....As for Littlefinger's death very much long overdue, and the Stark sisters are awesome.

Jon and Dany...I love them, they are truly in love and that scene was so beautiful...but let's see what happens after the truth comes out, and yes Dany will get pregnant..and the baby or babies will be very pretty 

Unpopular opinion...I'm over Bronn, his one liners are becoming tiresome...and dude, Gray Worm is twice the man you are even without a penis!!

The wall coming down was all types of awesome, but I'm not looking forward to a dragon to dragon fight!!!...but TEAM DANY for the win!!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, stagmania said:

So that sex scene was a total romance fail, but I think it's still fairly obvious that Daenerys is going to get pregnant. Which seems to suggest one of Jon's big torments next season will be finding out and then having to choose between marrying his aunt or letting his child be born a bastard, on top of dealing with his feelings about his true parents and claim to the throne. And Daenerys will of course fiercely protect the baby she never thought she could have, and be wary of Jon trying to take the throne. So this may actually be a set up for them to be working together but not trusting/feeling comfortable with each other as they fight off the Night King.

Does anyone think it's a possibility that whoever is in charge will get rid of the status of bastard altogether?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Francie said:

I think it was a message to the audience -- don't get too attached. Don't start rooting for them.

I think it's too late for that, people's wanted them since season 1. lol

• Love 4

Lol.  Only Game of Thrones can make you feel icky because of a brother and sister having intercourse, and then make you cheer on sex between an aunt and a nephew!

Another amusing part was when that guy Theon was fighting kicked him in the crotch a few times - to no effect.  I've actually been expecting a scene like that, even though I'm not sure it makes any sense.  I was under the impression Ramsay had cut off the twig, not the berries.  But maybe it was the whole business.

I couldn't tell, was Viserion breathing blue flame or ice?

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Francie said:

"The seed is strong" means nothing in connection to Jon. That had to do with whether Baratheon or Lannister genes were dominant.  Jon is neither a Baratheon nor a Lannster. 

Jon is one half Stark (brunette) one half Targaryen (silver). And apparently the Stark side won out. 

In book lore, the Targ silver hair and violet eyes are recessive. The inter family breeding kept the silver hair/violet eyes, but when they had kids with other families, it was a toss up. Rhaeger's daughter was dark like her Dornish mother. 

And you are totally right, the seed is strong means Baratheons  having brown hair since the beginning of time . Hence, Joffrey and his siblings weren't Baratheons. Jon Arryn figuring that out and Littlefinger having him poisoned and blaming the Lannisters is what started this war that has been so destructive. 

• Love 11

Oh yeah, speaking of Greyworm......

Who did the throat slashing better?  Arya, or Greyworm in Mereen with those two miserable slavers?

I'm thinking Arya.......stupid Peter never even saw her coming.  That was awesome!  Greyworm got a twofer, but I'm voting Arya.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, doram said:

Technically, the witch didn't even lie. She never told Dany that she was infertile. Dany jumped to that conclusion all on her own. 

I know but usually when it comes to prophecy and such you get some long winded speech or something. Jon's answer was such a Northern one. If I didn't know any better I almost think that was directed at the fans.

• Love 5